Welcome to Nairaland.net for Nigerians and Friends of Nigeria
Nairaland RSS Feed |
- Fans of Nigerian rapper and singer Mohbad protest after his death NPR
- Nigeria gay wedding suspects freed on bail, lawyer says CNN
- NGN/USD Nigerian Naira Rout Deepens Despite President Bola Tinubu's Reform Vow Bloomberg
- Tinubu rings closing bell at NASDAQ in US Vanguard
- Nigeria's naira falls to a record 980 on black market, traders say Reuters.com
- MohBad: Nigerian fans demand justice after Afrobeats star's death BBC
- Nigeria frees on bail 69 arrested over alleged gay wedding NBC News
- Nigeria | General Assembly General Assembly of the United Nations General Debate
- Nigeria's opposition appeals election verdict, asks court to sack president The Associated Press
- Judge orders Chicago State to provide documents at center of Nigerian presidential dispute CBS Chicago
- Nigeria central bank postpones next week's policy meeting Reuters.com
- Nigeria Postpones Rate Decision After Overhaul of Central Bank Bloomberg
- Nigeria's Tinubu urges UN to help curb exploitation of Africa's ... Reuters.com
- Analysis | How Nigeria's Leader Is Shaking Up a Shaky Economy The Washington Post
- Data snapshot: Kenya, Nigeria and Egypt lead the way for ... AgFunderNews
- Nigerian state declares curfew after election tribunal sacks governor Reuters.com
- Nigeria's Tinubu tells UN he seeks to restore democratic order in Niger Reuters.com
- Nigeria crypto usage growing further, report says Reuters.com
- Nigeria frees on bail 69 arrested over alleged gay wedding Reuters.com
- Oshkosh family traveling 6,000 miles to Nigeria on mission trip to help new mothers and babies WeAreGreenBay.com
- Can new CBN governor rise to Nigeria's challenges? African Business
- Pope appoints new bishop for Nigeria’s Zaria Diocese Vatican News - English
- “Doctors care, God heals”: Why chaplains could help save Nigerians ... Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- Tinubu woos investors at Nigeria-US business roundtable Vanguard
- Nigeria ReliefWeb
- Niger crisis will put pressure on Nigeria food market — W’Bank Punch Newspapers
- Nigerians have no reason to be poor- Tinubu Punch Newspapers
- China's police chief meets guests from South Africa, Suriname ... Xinhua
- What is happening in Nigeria? Journalist David Hundeyin discusses accusations against Bola Ahmed Tinubu after contentious election KTRK-TV
- Nigeria must design legal and regulatory framework for electric vehicles to meet NDC targets – Part I Businessday
- Nigeria's presidential election result challenged at Supreme Court Reuters.com
- At 63 Remi Tinubu is a rare gift to Nigeria – Bichi Vanguard
- Nigeria can surmount current challenges, Abdulsalami encourages Nigerians Vanguard
- Resistance to antibiotics in northern Nigeria: what bacteria are ... Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
- Removal of Fuel Subsidy has increased poverty in Nigeria – Muslim leaders Vanguard
- Tinubu rings NASDAQ closing bell, says investors' funds safe in ... TheCable
- US warns citizens against travel in Nigeria Businessday
- Nigeria failed Mohbad Punch Newspapers
- Nigeria loses $1.5 billion as malnutrition cuts workers productivity Businessday
- UNGA: Nigeria’s minerals deposit worth $700bn, Alake tells investors Vanguard
- Naveen Jindal’s Vulcan Steel in talks for investing in Nigeria BusinessLine
- ‘Nigeria should fabricate, not import modular refinery units’ Businessday
- CrisisInSight Weekly Picks, 21 September 2023 ReliefWeb
- Top 10 Most In-demand and Highest Paying Jobs in Nigeria Punch Newspapers
- ‘Please, don’t let Nigerian govt take me away’, David Hundeyin begs ... Daily Trust
- Why Less Looks Like More: A Performance Review of Nigeria's ... Africa Oil+Gas Report
- Poor leadership, Nigeria’s ‘Wall of Jericho’ — Abaribe, Akpata, Cole, others Vanguard
- 8 Car brands with second hand value in Nigeria Businessday
- Nigeria drops to 40th position in latest FIFA ranking Guardian Nigeria
- 'Widespread fraud' confirmed at NMC test centre in Nigeria Nursing Times
- Nigerian journalist found dead three days after declared missing Premium Times
- North East Nigeria mVAM Bulletin ReliefWeb
- Scholarship: 72 Persons Set To Depart Nigeria For Hungary Voice of Nigeria
- 69 people arrested over 'gay wedding' in Nigeria freed on bail Sky News
- Mohbad; Nigerian Singer Mohbad’s Body Exhumed for Autopsy Guardian Nigeria
- Handball: Nigeria seal U-18 World Championship ticket Punch Newspapers
- Firm to address bread production gaps in Nigeria Guardian Nigeria
- Ghana May Export Electricity to Nigeria as Country Achieves 85 ... THISDAY Newspapers
- Nigeria’s hibiscus farming booms as growers eye N48bn earnings Businessday
- Food Security: World Bank to focus on irrigation devt in Nigeria Vanguard
- A leftist's notes on tackling rising unemployment in Nigeria Guardian Nigeria
- Nigerians abroad remitted $20.1bn in 2022 Premium Times
- Nigerian govt, South Korea reopen talks on solid minerals agreement Premium Times
- The price of Garri in Nigerian markets and the Russia-Ukraine war Guardian Nigeria
- iPhone 15 series price in Nigeria, Kenya & South Africa TechCabal
- Inside the abyss of deaths, burials, and missing people in Nigeria's ... TheCable
- Zephaniah Jisalo: Abuja’s loss, Nigeria’s gain Punch Newspapers
- Child survival: Respiratory technologies for newborns win Nigeria Orize for Science Vanguard
- Over 120m Nigerians have poor dentition – Orthodontists Vanguard
- Patrons’ director says Nigeria misses out on $13bn arts industry Businessday
- Urgent response needed to curb Nigeria's worsening diphtheria ... Médecins Sans Frontières Australia
- How Nigeria Police Bungled Mohbad’s Petition Seeking Protection ... SaharaReporters.com
- How to grow your small business with a loan in Nigeria Businessday
- Former President Obasanjo Launches Jishu Hub to Foster Innovation & Youth Empowerment (Photos) - The Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation is proud to announce the launch of Jishu Hub, a cutting-edge innovation and entrepreneursh...
- The ASP and inspector were killed when gunmen ambushed a police patrol in Enugu. - On Wednesday, September 20, 2023, at around 7:30 pm, while the Operation Restore Peace Enugu team was on a routine patrol along t...
- According to reports, the fuel subsidy has returned as FG paid N169.4 billion in August. - According to reports, the federal government paid N169.4 billion as a subsidy in August to maintain the pump price at...
- Tonto Dikeh and Senator Elisha Abbo visit Mohbad's mother to offer their condolences. - Today, September 21, Senator Elisha Abbo and Nollywood actress Tonto Dikeh paid a condolence visit to the family of the ...
- In an auto-car accident in Cross River, a couple and their four children died. - In Cross River State's Yakurr Local Government Area, tragedy struck the Ugep community when a family of six perished in a car accid...
- Mohbad's mother pleads with Nigerians, "Please help me look for Naira Marley.". - The grieving mother of the singer Mohbad has appealed to Nigerians for assistance in locating the singer Naira Marley. ...
- Super Eagles player Mikel Agu and his wife welcome their second child. - Mikel Agu, a defensive midfielder for Giravanz Kitakyushu and a member of the Super Eagles, and his wife Henrietta have welcomed thei...
- Two armed robbers are gunned down by police in Akwa Ibom and one is taken into custody. - In Uyo, the state capital, officers from the Akwa Ibom State Police Command have neutralized two members of a robbery gang an...
- Ondo Senator Appoints 100 PAs, Awards N300k to Each Constituent - Billionaire business magnate and Ondo South Senator, Dr. Ibrahim Jimoh, CFR, has taken a significant step by appointing 100 Personal Assistants dedicated t...
- NNPP Vows To Appeal Kano Governorship Tribunal Judgment - The New Nigeria People’s Party has firmly rejected the recent Tribunal ruling in Kano State, which nullified the election of the State Governor, Abba Kabir Yussu...
- Kano: Tribunal Judgement, Temporary Setback — Gov Yusuf - Kano State Governor, Abba Kabir Yusuf, has urged residents to uphold peace while firmly expressing his commitment to pursue all legal avenues to regain his elect...
- Mohbad’s Wife Seeks Falana’s Intervention, Ekiti Assembly Demands Justice - Human rights lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Femi Falana, conveyed that on Wednesday, Omowunmi, the wife of the deceased musician Iler...
- Gunmen Ambush Police Patrol, Kill ASP, Inspector in Enugu - Two police officers were tragically killed in Enugu State by unidentified assailants, as reported by Igbere TV. These officers lost their lives during a Wedne...
- DSS Arrests Ogun Lawmaker, 5 Others Over Sagamu Secret Cult Killings - In Ogun State, operatives from the Department of State Security (DSS) have apprehended Hon. Damilare Bello Mohammed, a current member of the State Hou...
- Confusion As Tinubu’s Aide Pulls Down Post On N15m Donation To MohBad’s Son - There is a significant level of uncertainty surrounding the N15 million donation made to the son of Nigerian singer, Ilerioluwa Promise Alo...
- Three Arrested As Hunter Shoots 14-Year-Old Girl Dead In Lagos - The Lagos State Police Command apprehended three individuals following a tragic incident where a 14-year-old girl lost her life due to the actions of an int...
- Tribunal's Choice Of Disparaging Words Showed Their Bias - Atiku Tells Supreme Court - Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, has petitioned the Supreme Court, claiming that the jud...
- Buhari Had Regrets, Could Have Done Some Things Better – Femi Adesina - Former President Muhammadu Buhari's former Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, disclosed on Wednesday that the ex-President has e...
- Residents Lament As Road Collapses After Heavy Rainfall in Lagos - A portion of the road connecting the Ikotun roundabout to Ejigbo and nearby communities in Lagos State has recently suffered a collapse. This unfortuna...
- Mohbad: Ned Nwoko To Introduce Bill For Mandatory Autopsy Before Burial - Politician Prince Ned Nwoko has announced his intention to propose a Senate bill that would mandate timely autopsies before burying deceased indivi...
- Catfish - a Big Business for a Big Nation [FAO] Bolstering Nigeria's booming catfish sector to help feed Africa's most populous country
- Tinubu's UN General Assembly Speech Needs Action Back Home [Premium Times] Mr Ogu said the president made the announcement of the subsidy removal without putting an alternative plan in place to allow for a smooth transition for Nigerians.
- Central Bank Postpones Interest Rate Decision [Premium Times] "A new date will be communicated in new course," the apex bank disclosed in the document seen by PREMIUM TIMES, with an apology for any inconvenience the change might cause.
- U.S. Court Orders Chicago Varsity to Release Tinubu's Records [Leadership] A federal court in Chicago, United States, has directed the Chicago State University (CSU) to release all academic records relating to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, within two days.
- Nigerian Lecturers Demand Payment of Withheld Salaries [Premium Times] The statement by the ministry, however, noted that all academic activities were grounded during the period of the prolonged strike.
- Begging for a Seat At the Table [Premium Times] Following the G-20 summit held in India, I have been amused by the debate about whether or not Nigeria should be more than a guest again at the next G-20 meeting in Rio, Brazil. If South Africa is a member, why not Nigeria?
- AI Can Address Africa's Food Security, Financial, Other Challenges - NCC [Leadership] The executive vice chairman/CEO Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Prof. Umar Garba Danbatta, said Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered solutions can address some of Africa's most pressing challenges like limited access to healthcare, food security, financial inclusion and infrastructure development.
- Nigerian Journalist Found Dead Three Days After Declared Missing [Premium Times] The reporter was found dead in a soakaway pit in his house.
- How Failed Politicians, Churches Ganged Up Against Buhari - Adesina [Vanguard] MR Femi Adesina, spokesperson to former President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, disclosed that the last administration suffered a lot of propaganda due to the number of enemies around him.
- Can Laments Incessant Kidnapping in Taraba [Premium Times] There has been an increase in reported cases of abductions in the state in recent weeks.
- Tinubu Celebrates First Lady At 63 [Premium Times] "Today is not only a day to mark another year of your purposeful life but a beautiful reminder of the journey we have embarked upon together."
- Pressure On Petrol, Diesel Prices As Crude Hits $97.17 [Vanguard] There are indications that pressures are mounting on the pump price of petrol as the landing cost has risen by 19.3 per cent to N596.93 per litre as of yesterday, from about N500 per litre in July 2023, when the last pump price adjustment was effected across all retail outlets in Nigeria.
- 100 Days of 10th Senate - How Barau Fared As Deputy Senate President [Vanguard] Wednesday, September 20, 2023, marked 100 days of the 10th Senate, which was inaugurated on June 13 following President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's proclamation via a letter to the Clerk to the National Assembly, Sani Magaji Tambawal, in line with Section 64(3) of the 1999 Constitution.
- Oshod-Apapa Expressway Gridlock - Commuters Groan As Sanwo-Olu, Port Police Look On [Vanguard] The horror caused by the perennial Oshodi-Apapa Expressway gridlock continued yesterday, with the traffic snarl stretching to the Second Rainbow bus stop.
- UNGA - Nigeria's Minerals Deposit Worth $700bn, Alake Tells Investors [Vanguard] AS the United Nations General Assembly, UNGA, continues in New York, the Minister of Solid Minerals Development, Dr Dele Alake, has told investors that Nigeria's minerals deposit was worth $700 billion.
- MohBad - Celebrities, Youths, Fans Storm Lagos, Osun, Delta As Protests Enter Day 2 [Vanguard] Lagos -- As controversy continues to trail the death of singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad, protesting fans in Lagos, Osun and Delta states took to the streets, yesterday, to demand justice.
- NNPC Ready to Supply Our Refinery With Crude Oil in Few Weeks - Dangote [This Day] The President of the Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has risen in defense of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) against the purported denial of crude oil supply to his 650,000 barrels per day (bpd) refinery by the national oil company.
- Uneasy Calm As Tribunal Nullifies Kano Governor's Election [This Day] An uneasy calm settled over the commercial city of Kano, yesterday, after the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal nullified the election of Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf of New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP) and pronounced Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna of All Progressives Congress (APC) as rightful winner of the March 18 governorship election in the state.
- Tinubu Asks Nigerians in U.S. to Change Mindset to Succeed [Premium Times] "I want to give you a measure that will resonate with you. I was once a diaspora. What you have been through, I have been through it. Change of mindset is necessary."
- Why Ex-Governor Shema Worked Against Atiku, PDP in 2023 - Aide [Premium Times] Mr Shema's decision to work against his party in his state was premised on honour, integrity, and public interest, Mr Oluwabusola said.
- NUJ Seeks Thorough Investigation Into Death of Zamfara Von Reporter [Vanguard] The Nigeria Union of Journalists, Zamfara State Council has called insecurity agencies in the state for a thorough investigation to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the death of a Union member and correspondent of the Voice of Nigeria VON, Hamisu Danjibga.
- Kano Governor Rejects Tribunal Judgment, Heads to Appeal Court [Premium Times] The Kano governor said the judgment was marred by human imperfections and misapplications.
- UNGA - Nigeria's Minerals Deposit Worth $700bn - Federal Govt [Leadership] Nigeria is ready to play an important role in meeting the global demand for critical minerals, according to the minister of Solid Minerals Development, Dele Alake.
- Take Drastic Steps Against Rising Prostitution, Drug Abuse - Assembly Urges Delta Govt [Vanguard] The Delta House of Assembly has passed a resolution urging the State Government to take drastic measures against rising cases of drug abuse and prostitution in the state.
- Naira Weakens to 990/$1 On Parallel Market As Dollar Demand Overwhelms Supply [This Day] The naira came under intense pressure yesterday, leading to a significant depreciation as it fell to N990 to a dollar at the parallel market segment of the foreign exchange market, compared to the N950 to a dollar it traded the previous day.
- Reps Quiz NPA Over Sale of Vessels, Other Items [Premium Times] The committee also asked NPA to bring the list of properties slated for auctioning and evaluation reports.
- ActionAid Holds Peace Football Match in Kaduna [Leadership] As part of activities to commemorate the 2023 International Day of Peace, ActionAid Nigeria in collaboration with Global Peace Development organized a football match in Kaduna with the aim of promoting peaceful co-existence in the state.
- Super Eagles Drop in Latest FIFA Ranking Despite Sao Tome and Principe Rout [Vanguard] Super Eagles of Nigeria have dropped a place in the latest FIFA rankings released on Thursday.
- No Dead Agenda - Burna Boy Responds to Critics After Concert Postponement [allAfrica] Grammy-winning Nigerian singer Burna Boy, 31, fired back at critics who said his concert that was to take place at FNB Stadium in Gauteng Province, South Africa, was postponed due to low ticket sales, reports IOL.
- National Grid Collapses Again As Govt Promises 20,000mw Generation By 2026 [Leadership] The national grid collapsed again on Tuesday September 19, 2023, with power generation dropping from a peak of 3,594.60 megawatts (MW) to 42.7MW at midday.