Welcome to Nairaland.net for Nigerians and Friends of Nigeria
Nairaland RSS Feed |
- Nigeria not yet a nation, says Babangida Former military President General Ibrahim Babangida has said that Nigeria is not yet a nation, 61 years after independence.
- Buhari Okays Seplat’s Acquisition Of Exxon Mobil Shares President Muhammadu Buhari has okayed Seplat Energy Offshore Limited’s acquisition of Exxon Mobil shares. Buhari’s approval was contained in a statement by presidential aide Femi Adesina on Monday.
- Nigeria loses 400,000 barrels of crude oil daily to theft, says Sylva The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr Timipre Sylva, has said that the country loses 400,000 barrels of crude ...
- Nigeria’s Oil Production Falls To 1.083 Million BPD In July The expectation that Nigeria’s current dollar crunch could subside soon has again been dashed as the country’s crude oil production remained below expectation, slumping to 1.083 million barrels ...
- Five Months After Bandits’ Attack, 12,000 IDPs Return Home In Katsina At least 12,000 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Katsina State have been returned to their various ancestral ...
- Nigeria’s Performance At Commonwealth Games A Parting Gift To Me – Buhari President Muhammadu Buhari has described Team Nigeria's performance at the 22nd Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022, as a parting gift to him.
- Dabiri-Erewa Visits Family Of Nigerian Killed In Canada Erewa, Chairman/CEO, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, (NIDCOM), has paid a condolence visit to the bereaved family of Mr.
- Biyi Bandele, Director Of ‘Half Of A Yellow Sun’, Is Dead Film director and writer, Biyi Bandele, has died. His death was announced via a statement signed by his daughter, Temi ...
- Russian oligarch Andrei Skoch loses Airbus to U.S. A judge authorised the U.S. on Monday to seize the Airbus A319-100 worth $90 million, U.S. Attorney Damian Williams announced ...
- Fake news has collapsed state security, says NUJ president Fake news has succeeded in collapsing the state security architecture, President of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Chris ...
- Naira overvalued by 200%, may be devalued – Rewane The Nigerian currency is over-valued by 200 percent and the Investors and Exporters (I&E) foreign exchange window rate may be ...
- Africa: U.S. Releases New African Policy to Counter China, Russia China has become the darling of many African countries with massive infrastructure projects and low-interest loans.
- Currency swaps can help Nigeria tame inflation The currency swap deal, worth $2.4 billion, was previously arranged to reduce the need to use US dollar in bilateral trade. It was a three-year agreement that concluded on April 27, 2018. According to ...
- Wike, Sanwo-Olu Commission Seventh Flyover In Port Harcourt Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has inaugurated the seventh flyover bridge to be constructed by his administration, with a ...
- Brume believes Nigeria’s gold rush can inspire young girls Ese Brume hopes a gold rush by Nigeria’s women on the penultimate day of the Commonwealth Games will inspire girls in the ...
- Firm Launches First Breast Milk Bank In Nigeria In 2018, the Nigeria Demographic and Health Survey, NDHS, put the rate of exclusive breastfeeding in Nigeria at 29 percent. This figure is unsurprisingly still within the same range in 2022, which ...
- Real reason FBI raided Trump's Mar-a-Lago home Donald Trump’s son Eric Trump said that the FBI raid on Monday of his father’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida was conducted ...
- Amotekun Intercepts Over 160 Travellers In Ondo State Over 160 persons, mainly youths of northern extraction have again been apprehended by men of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, the Amotekun.
- PBR Cowpea project gets new Manager African Agricultural Technology Foundation , AATF has announced the appointment of Dr Jean Baptiste De La Salle Tignegre as ...
- US Announces $1bn In New Arms Aid For Ukraine The Pentagon announced Monday $1 billion in fresh military aid for Ukraine, including additional precision missiles for the Himars system that have helped Kyiv's forces attack Russian troops far ...
- APC Youths Protest, Ask FCT Minister To Swear In Candidate Some youths of the All Progressives Congress in the Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) have staged a peaceful protest over ...
- Six People Die In Ogun Road Accident Six people died in the Idiroko Ota route area of Ogun State on Monday after a head-on collision between a gas-laden truck and a Volvo 626 while two persons were rescued with injuries.
- Police De-Kit, Dismiss Liyomo Okoi Filmed Beating A Man With A Machete The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has dismissed yet another officer who was caught in a video beating a man with a machete in the Ekori community of Cross River State. The officer, Mr Liyomo Okoi, a ...
- Amotekun Nabs Suspects Over Kidnap Of Ondo Traditional Head, Others The men of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, the Amotekun, have apprehended six persons suspected to have abducted a ...
- President Buhari Approves Seplat Purchase of Exxon's Nigeria Blocks
- Upstream Online
- Premium Times
- Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria to Seek US EXIM Loan for Solar Project With Sun Africa Bloomberg
- How the Church is 'sharing in Nigeria's agony' The Pillar
- The Horniman will return Nigerian art, including some Benin bronzes NPR
- Nigeria becomes the most crypto-obsessed nation after April crash: Report Cointelegraph
- Nigeria Seeks $5 Billion To Fix Airport Infrastructure Gap Simple Flying
- COVID-19: Almost two years after rollout, Nigeria vaccinates only 25% of eligible population Premium Times
- Amusan boosted Nigeria’s image where leadership failed Punch Newspapers
- Let the worst happen, Nigerians will survive, By Aniebo Nwamu Premium Times
- Dare commends Team Nigeria's best performance ever – The Sun Nigeria Daily Sun
- HiddenAds malware jeopardises users’ privacy, Nigerians warned | The Guardian Nigeria News Guardian Nigeria
- Nigerians urged to vote in 2023 for lasting solution to nation's problems Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria’s freedom of expression attracting global attention — Buhari Punch Newspapers
- Nigeria shuts embassy in Mexico as six infected with COVID-19 Vanguard
- London Museum to Return Stolen Benin Bronzes, Other Artifacts to Nigeria The Wall Street Journal
- Obi: Will tribe, religion short-change Nigeria in 2023? Punch Newspapers
- Nigeria's economy in bad shape –UNDP report – The Sun Nigeria Daily Sun
- Oil theft: Nigeria loses 400000 barrels daily, says Sylva Guardian Nigeria
- AUDA-NEPAD urges peace among Nigeria political leaders Daily Sun
- Tinubu is solution to Nigeria's challenges, says Oluwo Guardian Nigeria
- Extra: TVFI sales to Middle East; Prime Video expands Nigeria investment Realscreen
- There Is No Justice In Nigeria – Gumi Channels Television
- Nigeria, three others top World Bank debtors’ list Punch Newspapers
- CIG changing face of auto industry in Nigeria, empowering youths Vanguard
- Russia's market growth in India spells more worries for Nigeria Businessday
- Lagos chambers of commerce laments Nigeria's rising debt profile Daily Sun
- 2023: Nigeria’s Presidency not about one religion – CAN Pulse Nigeria
- A letter to Nigeria’s next president Nairametrics
- Nigeria’s economy on brink of collapse, NECA raises alarm Vanguard
- Ukraine: 1,500 displaced students resume Nigerian varsity September Punch Newspapers
- FG partners World Bank to address environmental degradation in Nigeria Vanguard
- CCTV cameras seen as critical to curb Nigeria’s insecurity Businessday
- Nigeria would ‘ve been begging S’East with presidency in 2023 if … – Kanu’s brother Vanguard
- Peace’ll continue to elude Nigeria until Yoruba nation is achieved — Sunday Igboho Vanguard
- How technology can bail Nigeria out of hunger Blueprint Newspapers Limited
- Inflation and the Nigerian economy Businessday
- Abia APC Celebrates Gold Medalist Onyekwere, Team Nigeria THISDAY Newspapers
- Nigeria’s strength should now be in non-oil export –Temidayo Businessday
- Energy Transition: Nigeria’s Position Will be Properly Represented, Says New OPEC Head THISDAY Newspapers
- UK Solar Programme Moves to Bridge Nigeria’s Energy Gap THISDAY Newspapers
- Nigerian Navy opens portal for 2022 recruitment | The Guardian Nigeria News Guardian Nigeria
- Improving the chances of Nigeria in growing Africa’s digital economy Businessday
- Enugu beats 35 other states in primary healthcare delivery in Nigeria Premium Times
- Prime Video local payment options to drive investment in Nigeria Businessday
- Treat us like Nigerians, FCT monarchs beg Federal Government Guardian Nigeria
- Sahara Group seeks seamless energy transition in Nigeria, others Vanguard
- NBA yearly conference planning committee releases schedule of events Guardian Nigeria
- NIGERIA AIR AS A MISPLACED PRIORITY THISDAY Newspapers
- When the character is not federal Guardian Nigeria
- Trans Saharan Gas Pipeline: A Turning Point For Nigeria's Gas Export Leadership News
- 'Nigeria spending $1.5bn on refineries that won't work' Daily Trust
- Fitch: Weak Oil Receipts, Low Capital Inflow Increasing Pressure on Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves THISDAY Newspapers
- Open Parly Nigeria seeks improved citizens' participation in legislative activities Businessday
- Nigeria should have surplus if politicians pay right taxes –Oyedele Punch Newspapers
- Nigeria and its conspiracy theories, By Uddin Ifeanyi Premium Times
- Our e-auction still in force, say NCS Guardian Nigeria
- EXCLUSIVE: Governors ask Buhari to take 33 steps to rescue Nigeria's economy Premium Times
- Report: Nigeria's national grid suffered 222 system collapses in 12 years TheCable
- National Assembly fiddling while Nigeria burns — Nigeria Guardian Nigeria
- I will continue to speak to rebuild Nigeria – Deposed Emir Sanusi Vanguard
- 2023: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, Others To Speak On Issues Confronting Nigeria Leadership News
- Firm Launches First Breast Milk Bank In Nigeria Channels Television
- Mini-grids will help solve Nigeria’s power crisis Businessday
- 2022 hajj: NAHCON concludes airlift of pilgrims back to Nigeria Guardian Nigeria
- New Direction Nigeria’s Power Sector? THISDAY Newspapers
- In today's Nigeria, every birthday is a landmark Guardian Nigeria
- Insecurity: Nigerians want actions, Afenifere slams Buhari Punch Newspapers
- FCMB, Unilever partner Psaltry on cassava-based sorbitol factory Guardian Nigeria
- Reinforcing Nigerian Navy’s Role as Regional War Power THISDAY Newspapers
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning Daily Post Nigeria
- FG Reaffirms Commitment to Boost Cocoa Production in Nigeria THISDAY Newspapers
- NIS arrests suspected arms peddlers along Nigeria-Cameroon border Premium Times
- 2023: You can’t deceive Nigerians into another journey of doom, S’South youths tell APC Vanguard
- Nigerian-trained nurses top list of foreign medics working in UK with 4722 Guardian Nigeria
- Abike visits family of Nigerian killed in Canada Vanguard
- Monkeypox Cases Rise To 157 In Nigeria Channels Television
- Guyana boom dims ExxonMobil’s interest in Nigeria’s messy oil sector Businessday
- Niger Republic feeding fat on Nigeria via smuggling, illegal migration: Northerners Peoples Gazette
- CHAN 2023 qualifiers: Enyimba's Olorunleke headlines Nigeria squad for Ghana showdown Goal.com
- REVEALED: Why Kizz Daniel Didn't Perform At Tanzanian Show Before His Arrest (Video) - https://youtu.be/8wASfpx7LY0 The promoter of the Tanzanian show Nigerian singer, Kizz Daniel failed to perform at has shared his ow...
- APC Youths Protest, Ask FCT Minister To Swear In Candidate - Some youths of the All Progressives Congress in the Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) have staged a peaceful protest over what they described as the failure o...
- Ortom Writes Buhari On Firearms Permits For New Security Outfit - Governor Samuel Ortom has written President Muhammadu Buhari for firearm licensing for the newly established Benue State Community Volunteer Guards inaugur...
- Dabiri-Erewa Visits Family Of Nigerian Killed In Canada - Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, (NIDCOM), has paid a condolence visit to the bereaved family of Mr. Chibueze Momah at their...
- Russia Accuses Ukraine Of Shelling Nuclear Plant - The Kremlin accused Ukrainian forces Monday of firing on Europe’s largest nuclear power plant in occupied Ukraine and warned the alleged attacks could have “catastrop...
- Five Months After Bandits’ Attack, 12,000 IDPs Return Home In Katsina - At least 12,000 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Katsina State have been returned to their various ancestral communities at Shimfida town in ...
- There Is No Justice In Nigeria – Gumi - Renowned Muslim cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi has criticised political leadership in Nigeria, saying the nation has a weak justice system, IgbereTV reports Gumi mad...
- Buhari approves Seplat’s acquisition of Exxon Mobil subsidiary in Nigeria - President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the acquisition of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPNU) b...
- WAEC withholds 365,564 results over examination malpractice - The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released the results of the 2022 West African Senior School Certific...
- Nigeria’s performance at 2022 Commonwealth Games a parting gift to me – Buhari - President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday described the performance of Team Nigeria at the 22nd Com...
- Buhari nominates new Executive Commissioner for Upstream Regulatory Commission - President Muhammadu Buhari nominated Muhammad Sabo Lamido as Executive Commissioner for Finance and Ac...
- ‘Nigerians want concrete action on insecurity not sympathy,’ Afenifere tells Buhari - The apex Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, on Monday asked President Muhammadu Buh...
- Atiku’s aide blasts Keyamo over comment on PDP candidate - Phrank Shaibu, an aide of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, on Monday blasted...
- Nigeria’s sugar import from Brazil hits N385bn despite CBN’s restriction - Nigeria’s sugar import from Brazil has increased to N385 billion ($592.18 million) despite the Cen...
- Investors lose N120bn amid significant sell-off in Nigeria’s capital market - Investors in the Nigerian capital market lost N120 billion as significant sell-off hit the bour...
- Manufacturers count losses as cost of production rises by 30% in one year - Nigerian manufacturers are groaning under the weight of heavy cost of production as foreign exchange challenges and epileptic power supply contin...
- Singer Kizz Daniel Released From Tanazian Police Custody - Nigerian singer, Kizz Daniel has been released from Tanazian police custody, IGBERETV reports. He was arrested earlier today after he failed to perform in ...
- Moment, Singer Kizz Daniel Arrived Tanzanian Police Station After His Arrest (Photos, Video) - https://youtu.be/ovIiMiqpGoU A video shared online captured the moment popular Nigerian singer, Kizz Daniel arrived Tanzani...
- Police Sack Constable For Flogging Man With Cutlass (Photo) - The Nigeria Police Force has dismissed a constable, Liyomo Okoi, who was seen flogging a man with a machete in a viral video in July. In the viral video see...
- Former Governors, Dariye, Nyame Released From Prison (Photos) - Former governors, Joshua Dariye and Jolly Nyame who were granted a presidential pardon by President Buhari a few months ago have been released by the authori...
- ECOWAS Principal Officials Plotting to Recruit Relatives, Cronies - Nigerian Lawmakers [Vanguard] Nigerian representatives at the parliament issued the threat when some principal officers in the regional bloc allegedly defied the directives and embarked on the process of recruiting their relatives and cronies.
- How Leader of Terror Gang, Wives Were Killed in Katsina Air Raid [Premium Times] Abdulkarim Faca Faca was one of the most ruthless terrorists who attack communities around Safana, Batsari, Danmusa in Zamfara state.
- Forex Scarcity Dampens Foreign Portfolio Investment Inflows [Leadership] As the foreign exchange market continues to experience illiquidity amidst scarcity of the greenback at the official windows, foreign investors have continued to pull out of the Nigerian market as their participation in the equity market depreciated to 14.7 per cent.
- Recruitment - Ecowas Probes Alleged Marginalisation Against Nigerians [Leadership] The Speaker of the Parliament of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), Sidie Mohammed Tunis, has set up an ad-hoc committee to investigate allegations of marginalisation against Nigerian candidates in the ongoing recruitment process at the regional parliament.
- I'll Continue Speaking for Nigeria - Sanusi [Daily Trust] Deposed Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, says he will continue to speak and air his views to defend and rebuild Nigeria.
- 1 Dies As Lagos Records 3 Tankers, Container Accidents [Daily Trust] One person has been confirmed dead in an accident involving an articulated truck laden with a 40ft container at the toll gate inward Ajegunle along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway.
- Burkina Faso Seeks Nigeria's Advice On Anti-Terror War [Daily Trust] The government of Burkina Faso has sought Nigeria's advice how to fight terrorism.
- 2023 - Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, Others to Speak On Issues Confronting Nigeria [Leadership] The presidential candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu; Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar; Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, and others, have been invited to speak at the 2022 International Youth Day Celebrations of the Leaders of Today Global Youth Forum.
- Dwindling Revenue - NESG to Govt, Take Decisive Action On Leakages, Crude Oil Theft, Others [Vanguard] As Nigerians find themselves in the limbo as government revenue generation dwindles amidst daunting economic and insecurity challenges, the Nigeria Economic Summit Group, NESG, Sunday, told the Federal Government to take decisive action now on leakages, crude oil theft, new innovation on tax collection, and other burning issues negatively affecting the socio-economic lives of Nigerians within the 10 months left for the Buhari-led presidency.
- Group Warns Ex Militants Against Threatening Peace in Niger Delta [Vanguard] ... Says only President Buhari can grant fresh amnesty
- 80 Million Women, Girls Victims of Violence - Women Advocate Centre [Vanguard] Akure -- THE Executive Director of Women Advocate Research and Documentation Centre, WARDC, Dr Abiola Akiyode-Afolabi, weekend, lamented that over 80 million women and girls are victims of gender-based violence, adding that domestic violence is common in all communities in Nigeria.
- Nigeria's Freedom of Expression Attracting Global Attention - Buhari [Vanguard] PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari said yesterday it was instructive that Nigeria was attracting positive international attention as a country promoting media freedom and freedom of expression.
- We're Not Interested in Calls to Impeach Buhari Now - PDP Reps [Vanguard] ... Say presiding officers in both chambers president's 'yes men'
- Emi Lo Kan: 'How My Training, Experience, Knowledge Can Rescue Nigeria' - Bola Tinubu [Vanguard] The kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent shall take it by force. That's a saying in the Holy Bible and Tinubu's grabbing of the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Party, APC, could be described as a forceful takeover.
- Nigerian Lawmakers, ECOWAS At War Over Alleged Employment Scandal [Vanguard] ... Nigerian lawmakers filibustering to win 2023 elections --ECOWAS
- Strike - We Can No Longer Enter Into Unimplementable Agreements - Govt [Vanguard] The Federal Government has said it would no longer succumb to any form of blackmail and intimidation that will make it enter into agreement with unions that will be difficult to implement.
- Buhari to Declare Open National Summit On 2023 Census [Vanguard] Abuja -- President Muhammadu Buhari will on Thursday, August 11, declare open a national stakeholders summit on the 2023 housing and population census at the State House Conference Centre, Abuja.
- Electricity Generation Rises 7.6% to 4,089mw, As Inadequate Facilities Hinder Distribution [Vanguard] ELECTRICITY generation, weekend, rose by 7.6 per cent to 4,089 megawatts, MW, from 3,800MW, according to data obtained from Nigeria Electricity System Operator, an autonomous unit under the Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN.
- SERAP, CJID Sue Buhari Over N5m Fines On Daily Trust, Others [Vanguard] THE Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP and Centre for Journalism Innovation and Development, CJID, have sued President Muhammadu Buhari, asking the court to declare arbitrary and illegal the N5 million imposed on Trust TV, Multichoice Nigeria Limited, NTA-Startimes Limited and TelCom Satellite Limited, over their documentaries on terrorism in the country.
- Abuja Monarchs to Buhari - Restructure for Inclusive Governance, Justice, Devt [Vanguard] Traditional rulers in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, have urged President Muhammadu Buhari to accede to the call for the restructuring of the country, saying it was borne out of real and perceived marginalisation of different ethno-religious groups.
- Okada Ban Has Reduced Insecurity, Deaths in Lagos - Sanwo-Olu [Vanguard] -Says govt is installing over 2000 CCTV cameras
- Treat Us Like Every Other Nigerian, FCT Indigenes Tell Govt [Daily Trust] Indigenes of the Federal Capital Territory have called on the Federal Government to treat them like every other Nigerian.
- Kwara United Pick Confederation Cup Slot Ahead of Aiteo Cup Finals [Premium Times] All four clubs from the recently concluded 2021/22 NPFL season would get a continental ticket.
- Commonwealth Games - Nigeria's 12 Gold Medals All Won By Women (Full List) [Premium Times] Women won all 12 gold medals for Team Nigeria at the 22nd Commonwealth Games.
- FA Cup - Kogi Utd Knock Out Star Studded Akwa United [Daily Trust] The 2022 edition of the Federation Cup has continued to produce shocking results as lowly rated Kogi United on Sunday knocked out their more illustrious opponents, Akwa United, in the Round of 16 match played in Enugu.
- Commonwealth Games - Amusan Speaks After Record-Breaking Outing in Birmingham [Premium Times] Amusan is the first and only Nigerian to be crowned African, Commonwealth, and World Champion in the same year.
- UK Museum Agrees to Return Looted Benin Bronzes to Nigeria [DW] A museum in Britain agreed Sunday to return a collection of Benin Bronzes looted in 1897 to Nigeria.
- Buhari Pledges Support As Nigeria Hosts Global Cultural, Tourism, Literary Events [Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari has pledged full support for three major international events scheduled to hold in Nigeria in October and November this year, saying they are opportunities to showcase the nation's rich heritage in culture, arts, tourism and entertainment as well as advancements on media freedom.
- Beauty Disqualified From BBNaija 7 [Premium Times] Beauty was given a strike last week for her aggression towards Ilebaye, during which she pulled the housemate's wig.
- Exclusive - Governors Ask Buhari to Take 33 Steps to Rescue Nigeria's Economy [Premium Times] The governors were concerned about the deteriorating state of the economy and the ripple effect on the nation ahead of the 2023 general elections.
- Flood kills 3, displaces 495 families in Kano
At least three people have been killed and about 495 families displaced by flood in Ajingi Local Government Area of
- Nigeria loses $2bn to vandals every month –NNPC
From Paul Osuyi, Asaba Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited, Mallam Mele Kyari, yesterday,
- Ime Obi move to end Monday sit-at-home
From Stanley Uzoaru, Owerri Elders Council of Ohanaeze Ndigbo have resolved to put a permanent end to the sit-at-home observed
- Nigerians soon to get COVID-19 shots at doorsteps, says FG
From Fred Ezeh, Abuja Federal Government, yesterday, launched the SCALES 3.0 national strategy programme designed to facilitate COVID-19 vaccination and
- Soludo preaches unity among Christians
From Obinna Odogwu, Awka Anambra State Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, has called on all Christian denominations in Nigeria to unite and
- Provide security, stop grieving -Afenifere
By Chukwudi Nweje Pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, yesterday, asked President Muhammadu Buhari to stop grieving for victims of terrorism. It
- Soyinka flays viral video of Pyrates Confraternity’s song mocking Tinubu
Nobel Laureate and founding member of the Pyrates Confraternity, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has disowned the viral video showing members of
- Alleged organ harvesting: rights activist frowns at continued detention of Ekweremadu
An Abuja-based legal practitioner and rights activist, Kayode Ajulo has frowned at the continued detention of former deputy Senate president,
- Ibori, Shaibu, Akpata, others eulogise Okunbo one year after
From Tony Osauzo and Ighomuaye Lucky, Benin Former governor of Delta State, James Ibori, Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu
- Babachir, Dogara urged not to drag CAN to dispute
Plateau State Commissioner of Lands, Survey and Town Planning, Mr. Yakubu Dati, has alleged that former Secretary to the Government
- We’re dismantling silos to boost agric production – Ijewere, president, Nigeria Agriculture Business Group
- Buhari consents to acquisition of ExxonMobil shares by Seplat Energy –Presidency
From Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja President Muhammadu Buhari, has consented to the acquisition of Exxon Mobil shares of the United States
- Expect more increases in price of bread, bakers tell consumers
By Chinyere Anyanwu
- Expect more increases in price of bread, bakers tell consumers
By Chinyere Anyanwu
- Status-quo remains on share sale by ExxonMobil to Seplat Energy -NUPRC
The Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) has affirmed that status quo remains in respect of ExxonMobil/Seplat Energy share acquisition.
- Onne ANLCA debunks alleged extortion by Customs
The Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA), Onne Seaport Chapter, has debunked reports in the media accusing the Nigeria
- Nigerian banks’ credit to private sector hits N5trn in 12 months
By Chinwendu Obienyi The Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) commitment to boost private sector operators appears to be bearing fruits
- Sterling Bank secures $25m funding to expand HEART strategy
By Chinwendu Obieny Sterling Bank Plc has successfully raised $25.5 million dollars from BlueOrchard Finance Ltd (BlueOrchard) managed funds to
- Alleged plan to auction 7,000 vehicles fake news –Customs
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has advised the public to disregard recent reports insinuating that the Service was on the
- Access Bank empowers SMEs in N’Nigeria
By Chinwendu Obienyi The management of Access Bank Plc revealed that the bank has embarked on a business conversation with
- Winners emerge in Stanbic IBTC Reward4Saving promo Season 2.0
By Merit Ibe Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc, has rewarded several of its new and existing customers with cash prizes of
- Appeal Court sets aside High Court verdict on Zamfara APC tussle
- Rep member Yakubu Rilisco dumps PDP, rejoins Kebbi APC
From Olanrewaju Lawal, Birnin Kebbi A member of the House of Representatives representing Birnin Kebbi, Kalgo and Bunza Federal Constituency,
- 2023: Babachir, Dogara urged not to drag CAN to dispute
Plateau State Commissioner of Lands, Survey and Town Planning, Mr. Yakubu Dati has alleged that former Secretary to
- Unite for good governance, Sanwo-Olu tells political leaders
By Lukman Olabiyi, Lagos Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has charged politicians, political leaders and public office holders across political
- AUDA-NEPAD urges peace among Nigeria political leaders
From Fred Ezeh, Abuja The African Union Development Agency – New Partnership for Africa’s Development (AUDA-NEPAD) has advised political leaders
- Amusan, Brume, other athletes have changed Nigeria’s narrative on global stage – Tallen
From Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja Minister of Women Affairs Pauline Tallen has commended the female athletes at the just concluded Commonwealth
- Controversial CSP Omoyele named CSO to Osun governor-elect
From Lateef Dada, Osogbo The controversial head of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), CSP Adekunle Omoyele, has been appointed
- We’ll use our votes against those underrating Rivers – Wike
From Tony John, Port Harcourt "If you say Rivers State does not matter, Rivers State will tell you that you
- Anambra: Group tasks Soludo over local government polls
By Emma Emeozor Global Society for Anti-Corruption (GSAC), an NGO, has faulted the decision of Anambra State Governor Charles Soludo
- Let’s make 2023 election in Rivers contest of ideas, Abe challenges counterparts
From Tony John, Port Harcourt The governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in Rivers State, Magnus Abe, has
- Soludo’s transformation agenda for Anambra on track, says APGA Media Warriors’ Obigwe
From Aloysius Attah, Onitsha The National Coordinator, All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) Media Warriors Forum, Evang Chinedu Obigwe, has said
- NIDO, Ghana Govt react to attack on Nigerian residential buildings
- Made Kuti preaches No More Wars in new single
Fast rising Afrobeat singer and Grammy nominee, Made Kuti, has unleashed a brand new single, No More Wars off his
- Macaroni, Gloria Anozie, others share cuisine moments in Smoke Eat
Fans have seen the comedy, acting and other talents that their favourite celebrities display, but the foodie side of them
- BBNaija: Level 1 housemates win week 2 wager challenge
Level 1 housemates of the ongoing television reality show, Big Brother Naija, season 7, on Friday won the week two
- How Funmilayo Waheed-Adekojo re-engineers life via mechanics and music
To many friends and admirers of Funmilayo Mary Waheed-Adekojo, the maverick societal engineer and musician, she’s a chronic goal-getter who
- Tech entrepreneur, Olabimpe Fasuyi’s new innovation
Beautiful and brainy Olabimpe Olamide Fasuyi comes across as a restless spirit. She likes to set a target for herself
- Law Lecturer, Praise Ogabi, unveils new book on mental health
Praise Eniola Ogabi, a lecturer in the Faculty of Law of Lagos State University is set to launch her new
- City Lawyer, Kayode Ajulo lives his dream
Just like everyone, popular lawyer, Dr. Olukayode Abraham Ajulo, while growing up had how he would want his life to
- I’m lonely; I need a man badly –Omalicha Elom
For the past four years, actress Omalicha Elom has remained single and lonely. Now, she’s dying to love and be
- My new EP, a game changer –Nuno Zigi
A former signee of Phyno’s record label, Penthauze Music, Ayadinuno Okechukwu Obiora aka Nuno Zigi has released his debut Extend
- Pastor Iren debuts with Apostolos gospel album
The lead pastor of Celebration Church International and president, Outburst Music Group, Emmanuel Iren, would soon release the entire body