- Nigeria leader says President Buhari 'can't hold fair election' - Al Jazeera English
- Nigeria leader says President Buhari 'can't hold fair election' Al Jazeera English
- Obasanjo is the father of corruption in Nigeria – Oshiomhole Pulse Nigeria
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Monday morning Daily Post Nigeria
- Shango questions Obasanjo’s patroitism Vanguard
- Obasanjo reacts to Tinubu's alleged statement about Buhari Legit.ng
- View full coverage on Google News
- Facebook not taking foreign political ads ahead of Nigeria's general election - CNN Facebook not taking foreign political ads ahead of Nigeria's general election CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) Facebook has announced it will not accept political advertisements from outside Nigeria ahead of the country's upcoming general ...
- Nigeria's 27M Disabled Wait Decades for Public Access - VOA News Nigeria's 27M Disabled Wait Decades for Public Access VOA News
In Nigeria, over 27 million disabled people live in obscurity, treated like second-class citizens, without access to public facilities. The Nigerian Disability Bill is ...
- Insurgents Plan ‘Massive Attacks’ in Nigeria, Minister Says - Bloomberg Insurgents Plan ‘Massive Attacks’ in Nigeria, Minister Says Bloomberg
Nigeria's government has evidence that Boko Haram Islamist militants as well as armed bandits are planning to carry out attacks across the nation ahead of ...
- Nigeria's $15 Billion Oil Refinery Is on Track, Dangote Says - Bloomberg Nigeria's $15 Billion Oil Refinery Is on Track, Dangote Says Bloomberg
Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote said he's on schedule to finish by next year his $15 billion oil refinery, which will be one of the world's biggest, despite ...
- Nigerian opposition candidate plans central bank overhaul - spokesman - Channel NewsAsia Nigerian opposition candidate plans central bank overhaul - spokesman Channel NewsAsia
FILE PHOTO: Nigeria's main opposition party presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar attends an interview with Reuters in Lagos, Nigeria January 16, 2019.
- Nigeria's internet users hit 111.6m in December — NCC - Premium Times Nigeria's internet users hit 111.6m in December — NCC Premium Times
Internet users in Nigeria increased marginally to more than 111.6 million in December 2018, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has said.
- Nigerian Sodje brothers jailed for charity fraud - Pulse Nigeria Nigerian Sodje brothers jailed for charity fraud Pulse Nigeria
The brothers have been on trial since 2017 for defrauding the Sodje Sports Foundation (SSF) which was set up in 2009 to provide facilities for children in Nigeria ...
- NRA condemns attacks on referees during Nigerian league matches - Premium Times NRA condemns attacks on referees during Nigerian league matches Premium Times
The Nigeria Referees Association (NRA), has condemned the attack on one of its members, Bethel Nwanesi, during the Match Day 3 of the Nigeria Professional ...
- Why Nigeria is divided - Dogara - Daily Post Nigeria Why Nigeria is divided - Dogara Daily Post Nigeria
The Speaker, Houses of Representative, Mr. Yakubu Dogara, has identified lack of unity in Nigeria as the major factor responsible for its division. NAN rep.
- It’s nonsensical to deceive Nigerians with ethnicity, religion, Buhari fumes - Vanguard It’s nonsensical to deceive Nigerians with ethnicity, religion, Buhari fumes Vanguard
President Muhammadu Buhari has described as 'nonsensical' the attitude of few politicians who deceive Nigerians using ethnicity and religion.
- Opinion Poll: Nigerians most impressed by Moghalu at Presidential Debate - Vanguard Opinion Poll: Nigerians most impressed by Moghalu at Presidential Debate Vanguard
In the wake of the January 19 Presidential Debate, Nigerians were mostly impressed by the performance of former CBN Dep Gov, Prof Kingsley Moghalu,
- UPDATE 2-Total to go ahead with Ikike oil project in Nigeria - Reuters UPDATE 2-Total to go ahead with Ikike oil project in Nigeria Reuters
French oil group Total will approve plans to proceed with the Ikike project in Nigeria in the coming months, and also aims to expand its liquefied natural gas ...
- Patronise made in Nigeria medicines, pharmacists urge FG - Vanguard Patronise made in Nigeria medicines, pharmacists urge FG Vanguard
THE Federal government has been called upon to patronise the local pharmaceutical industry by purchasing made in Nigeria pharmaceutical products even as ...
- Thatcher-Loving Nigeria Candidate Plans to Overhaul Economy - Bloomberg Thatcher-Loving Nigeria Candidate Plans to Overhaul Economy Bloomberg
In Nigeria's personality-driven politics, there's usually little differentiating presidential aspirants in terms of ideology or economic policy. Not any more.
- Osinbajo blames irresponsible leaders for Nigeria’s woes - Vanguard Osinbajo blames irresponsible leaders for Nigeria’s woes Vanguard
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Monday blamed the current poor state of the nation on certain ” irresponsible ” leaders.
- Pastor involved in scandal unveils 34 unbelievable prophecies about Nigeria - Legit.ng Pastor involved in scandal unveils 34 unbelievable prophecies about Nigeria Legit.ng
Nigerian pastor who was recently involved in a sex scandal with his former lover Princess Tamaratokoni Okpewho has just unveiled his prophecies for Nigeria.
- The pathetic plight of pensioners in Nigeria - The Punch The pathetic plight of pensioners in Nigeria The Punch
Economic Renaissance by Henry Boyo email@example.com 08052201997 Our collective sense of compassion may have become dulled, overtime, to media r.
- As Dangote goes so does the Nigerian economy - Vanguard As Dangote goes so does the Nigerian economy Vanguard
FOR almost twenty years General Motors, GM, was the largest company, not only in America, but in the entire world. GM sat on top of the Fortune 500 companies ...
- 2019: Buhari remains prefered president for Nigeria’s survival-Adamu - Vanguard 2019: Buhari remains prefered president for Nigeria’s survival-Adamu Vanguard
THE Former governor of Nasarawa State and the senator representing Nasarawa West at the National Assembly, senator Abdullahi Adamu has said that ...
- Privatise Nigeria's oil industry? Easier said than done - Mail and Guardian Privatise Nigeria's oil industry? Easier said than done Mail and Guardian
Abubakar, who served as vice-president to Olusegun Obasanjo between 1999 and 2007, made his latest remarks at a conference on the economy in Nigeria's ...
- How I gave Fayose $5mn cash from Nigeria's security funds - Obanikoro - Premium Times How I gave Fayose $5mn cash from Nigeria's security funds - Obanikoro Premium Times
A former minister on Monday testified that he was directed to pay money from public funds to a former governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose. Musiliu Obanikoro, a ...
- Nigerian bishops call for fair elections, warn against selling votes - Catholic News Agency Nigerian bishops call for fair elections, warn against selling votes Catholic News Agency
As the Nigerian presidential election approaches, the Catholic Bishop's Conference in the country emphasized the importance of electoral honesty and ...
- How to make constituency projects work better in Nigeria – Ekweremadu - Premium Times How to make constituency projects work better in Nigeria – Ekweremadu Premium Times
The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has attributed failure of some constituency projects to interference and interest on the part of lawmakers.
- Immigration announces official rates, date Nigerians can start getting newly launched passport - Daily Post Nigeria Immigration announces official rates, date Nigerians can start getting newly launched passport Daily Post Nigeria
The Nigeria Immigration *Service* (NIS) says it will commence issuance of new passport in the Federal Capital Territory from March 4. This was disclosed by N.
- Problems of adult education in Nigeria - Legit.ng Problems of adult education in Nigeria Legit.ng
Adult education is becoming increasingly popular all over the world. The world does not stand still, it is continually evolving and changing and if possible, no one ...
- REPORT: Here's why the Nigerian naira may hit N400 per dollar in 2019 - Pulse Nigeria REPORT: Here's why the Nigerian naira may hit N400 per dollar in 2019 Pulse Nigeria
The report states that the exchange rate may breach resistance levels in 2019 unlike the stability recorded in 2018.
- Abubakar Plans to Oust Nigerian Central Bank Boss If Elected - Bloomberg Abubakar Plans to Oust Nigerian Central Bank Boss If Elected Bloomberg
Nigeria's main opposition candidate, Atiku Abubakar, said he would name a new central bank governor, float the naira and sell stakes in the state company that ...
- ED gets go ahead to extradite Sandesaras from Nigeria, Italy in Rs 8100 crore fraud case - India Today ED gets go ahead to extradite Sandesaras from Nigeria, Italy in Rs 8100 crore fraud case India Today
Nitin Sandesara, Chetan Kumar Sandesara, Hitesh Kumar Patel and Dipti Sandesara are prime accused in the case, who the investigative agencies want to ...
- Thousands of Nigerian refugees fleeing Boko Haram forced back by Cameroon - The Guardian Thousands of Nigerian refugees fleeing Boko Haram forced back by Cameroon The Guardian
UN voices alarm and urges Cameroon to keep its doors open after it denies entry to thousands fleeing unrest. Agence France-Presse. Fri 18 Jan 2019 20.38 ...
- ASUU Strike: Nigerian govt, lecturers resume talk - Premium Times ASUU Strike: Nigerian govt, lecturers resume talk Premium Times
The federal government will, today, resume talks with the leaders of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), with the hope of an agreement.
- Cost of driving school in Nigeria - Legit.ng Cost of driving school in Nigeria Legit.ng
You might be thinking: what is the cost of driving school in Nigeria? Driving a car has a lot of advantages, you don't have use public transport, you can travel ...
- Nigeria has lost 96% of its forests –NCF - The Punch Nigeria has lost 96% of its forests –NCF The Punch
Maureen Ihua-Maduenyi. The Director-General of the Nigerian Conservation Foundation, Dr Mutari Aminu-Kano, says Nigeria is losing about 400,000 hectares ...
- How to make quick money online in Nigeria - Legit.ng How to make quick money online in Nigeria Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ If you want to know how to ✌ MAKE QUICK MONEY ✌ online in Nigeria, this article is simply for you. Read and learn some of the fastest and ...
- 10 ways to control pollution in Nigeria - Legit.ng 10 ways to control pollution in Nigeria Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Find out ☝ 10 WAYS TO CONTROL POLLUTION ☝ in Nigeria! What are the most effective ways to control water pollution? How can we control ...
- Again, Court stops FG from removing CJN - Vanguard Again, Court stops FG from removing CJN Vanguard
The Federal High Court Abuja, has restrained the Federal Government from forcefully removing the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen from ...
- Corruption takes centre stage in Nigerian election campaign - EWN Corruption takes centre stage in Nigerian election campaign EWN
Muhammadu Buhari, an austere and pious former general, will take on wealthy former vice-president Atiku Abubakar at the polls on 16 February. Nigerian ...
- Global outlook not supporting strong growth in Nigeria –FSDH - The Punch Global outlook not supporting strong growth in Nigeria –FSDH The Punch
Nike Popoola. The FSDH Research, an arm of FSDH Merchant Bank Limited, has said, the short-term outlook of the global economy does not support strong ...
- Nigeria: Satellite imagery shows charred remains of Rann after Boko Haram attack - Amnesty International Nigeria: Satellite imagery shows charred remains of Rann after Boko Haram attack Amnesty International
Satellite images released by Amnesty reveal the true extent of a devastating Boko Haram attack on Rann, Nigeria which displaced more than 9000 civilians and ...
- Militants kill soldiers, seize weapons in Nigeria - defenceWeb Militants kill soldiers, seize weapons in Nigeria defenceWeb
Armed groups killed more than 100 soldiers and seized a stock of weapons in clashes in north-east Nigeria since December 26, a report by a group of aid ...
- Breaking: Court restrains Buhari, AGF from removing CJN Onnoghen - Vanguard Breaking: Court restrains Buhari, AGF from removing CJN Onnoghen Vanguard
The Justice Inyang Ekwo-led Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has, Monday, restrained President Muhammadu Buhari and the Attorney General of the ...
- Drake dancer: Nigerian moves are taking over - BBC News Drake dancer: Nigerian moves are taking over BBC News
Nigeria is setting global dance trends according to international choreographer Ezinne Asinugo AKA Zizi who has worked with artists including Drake and ...
- Police: Many People Killed in Nigeria Oil Tanker Explosion - TIME Police: Many People Killed in Nigeria Oil Tanker Explosion TIME
(LAGOS, Nigeria) — An overturned oil tanker exploded in Nigeria while dozens of people were scooping up the leaking fuel and many were killed, police and ...
- Nigeria's era of big spending for election is disappearing - Aljazeera.com Nigeria's era of big spending for election is disappearing Aljazeera.com
Some say this is good news for democracy, but bad news for business.
- Shehu Shagari, Nigerian President During ’80s Oil Crisis, Dies at 93 - The New York Times Shehu Shagari, Nigerian President During ’80s Oil Crisis, Dies at 93 The New York Times
Mr. Shagari sought to revive democratic rule, but military officers deposed him during a 1983 economic crisis caused by plummeting oil prices.
- Oil licensing: Nigeria lags as Angola, others move ahead - The Punch Oil licensing: Nigeria lags as Angola, others move ahead The Punch
While many oil-producing countries, including Angola and Norway, are extending efforts to ramp up their production and reserves, Nigeria has failed...
- Another Nigerian tortured to death in South Africa- Union - Premium Times Another Nigerian tortured to death in South Africa- Union Premium Times
Nigerians living in South Africa have expressed displeasure with the alleged killing of a Nigerian, Celestine Nwokeocha, 36, by the South African Police.
- Internet Love Scam: Nigerian bags 12 months for duping foreigner - Premium Times Internet Love Scam: Nigerian bags 12 months for duping foreigner Premium Times
A Federal High Court in Benin, Edo State, has sentenced a middle-aged man, Onovo Malachy, to 12 months imprisonment for internet love scam through which ...
- Musa, Olafeso back Obasanjo’s attack on INEC - Vanguard Musa, Olafeso back Obasanjo’s attack on INEC Vanguard
Eminent Nigerians have been reacting to the latest public epistle from Nigeria's former President, Olusegun Obasanjo which was issued yesterday in Abeokuta, ...
- Nigeria soldiers raid paper 'over Boko Haram article' - BBC News Nigeria soldiers raid paper 'over Boko Haram article' BBC News
The Daily Trust says it may be connected to its story about a planned offensive against Boko Haram.
- As Nigeria e-commerce DealDey, Gloo fails , Amazon, Alibaba lurk - Quartz As Nigeria e-commerce DealDey, Gloo fails , Amazon, Alibaba lurk Quartz
When Nigeria's tech ecosystem started to form nearly a decade ago, e-commerce seemed to be the go-to tech idea for a startup. Perhaps, more than anything ...
- Nigerian Helicopter Crashes While Fighting Boko Haram - TIME Nigerian Helicopter Crashes While Fighting Boko Haram TIME
(MAIDUGURI, Nigeria) — A Nigerian Air Force helicopter crashed in combat, as fighting raged against Boko Haram extremists for control of the strategic town of ...
- 3 stabbed, gunshots heard as Nigeria's ruling party rally descends into chaos - CNN 3 stabbed, gunshots heard as Nigeria's ruling party rally descends into chaos CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) At least three people were stabbed Tuesday after violence flared at a campaign rally in Lagos, southwestern Nigeria, police said.
- Ini Umotong reflects on opening her international goal account with Nigeria - Goal.com Ini Umotong reflects on opening her international goal account with Nigeria Goal.com
The Brighton forward was delighted after she broke her international duck in the Super Falcons' big win over Romania on Sunday.
- Uphold ethics, shun blackmail, group urges young Nigerian journalists - Premium Times Uphold ethics, shun blackmail, group urges young Nigerian journalists Premium Times
The Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) has advised young Nigerian journalists to desist from unethical practice, uphold ethics and shun ...
- Four-Nation Invitational Tournament: Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat Romania - Premium Times Four-Nation Invitational Tournament: Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat Romania Premium Times
Nigeria's Super Falcons on Sunday trounced the women national team of Romania 4-1 in the third-place match at the ongoing four-nation invitational ...
- Falz: The Nigerian rapper rebelling through music - Al Jazeera English Falz: The Nigerian rapper rebelling through music Al Jazeera English
Lawyer-turned-musician criticises politicians, police brutality and social injustice in his country through songs.
- Ngozi Ebere: Nigerian ready for 'new challenge' in Norway - BBC Sport Ngozi Ebere: Nigerian ready for 'new challenge' in Norway BBC Sport
Nigeria defender Ngozi Ebere says she welcomes the challenge of playing in a highly competitive league after signing for Norwegian club Arna Bjomar on a ...
- $217bn taken out of Nigeria illegally in 38 years – EFCC - The Punch $217bn taken out of Nigeria illegally in 38 years – EFCC The Punch
Friday Olokor, Abuja Nigeria has recorded illicit financial outflows of $217.7bn in 38 years, specifically between 1970 and 2008, the Economic and...
- Workers' Salaries: 15 governors Buhari urged Nigerians not to support - Premium Times Workers' Salaries: 15 governors Buhari urged Nigerians not to support Premium Times
Nigeria's president, Muhammadu Buhari, was not particular about parties when he asked Nigerians to vote out governors who failed to perform in their first terms ...
- Nigeria lawyers challenge legitimacy of chief justice’s trial - Financial Times Nigeria lawyers challenge legitimacy of chief justice’s trial Financial Times
Opposition criticised for politically motivated move as elections loom.
- I splurged on an 8-day, $3,000 trip to Nigeria for myself over the holidays, and it was worth every penny - Business Insider I splurged on an 8-day, $3,000 trip to Nigeria for myself over the holidays, and it was worth every penny Business Insider
Author Adrienne Jordan breaks down how she spent $2881 on an eight-day trip to Nigeria for an experience that she says was "more than worth it."
- Letter from Africa: 'Guilty until proven innocent in Nigeria' - BBC News Letter from Africa: 'Guilty until proven innocent in Nigeria' BBC News
In our series of letters from Africa, Nigerian writer and novelist Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani tackles the culture of naming, shaming and public parading of suspects in ...
- 'Project Rescue Nigeria': Fact-checking Oby Ezekwesili's presidential manifesto - Africa Check 'Project Rescue Nigeria': Fact-checking Oby Ezekwesili's presidential manifesto Africa Check
On 16 February 2019, Nigerians will head to the polls to choose a new president. One candidate is Obiageli Ezekwesili, who has twice served as a national ...
- Thousands flee north-east Nigeria after devastating Boko Haram attack - The Guardian Thousands flee north-east Nigeria after devastating Boko Haram attack The Guardian
More than 8000 refugees cross border into Cameroon after Nigerian town of Rann is burned to the ground.
- Nigeria's Daily Trust undermined security, army says - BBC News Nigeria's Daily Trust undermined security, army says BBC News
The Nigerian army says it raided the offices of the private Daily Trust newspaper for "undermining national security" by reporting about a planned operation ...
- Breaking: IG dissolves FSARS - Vanguard Breaking: IG dissolves FSARS Vanguard
Acting Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has ordered the immediate disbandment of the Federal SARS.
- Nigeria elections 2019 pulls in tech startups for politicians - Quartz Nigeria elections 2019 pulls in tech startups for politicians Quartz
Nigeria's tech ecosystem has come in for praise over the past decade given the rise of startups solving problems and serving addressable market needs using ...
- How high-tech agriculture is transforming the fortunes of Nigerian rice farmers - The Telegraph How high-tech agriculture is transforming the fortunes of Nigerian rice farmers The Telegraph
New planting and harvesting techniques have transformed the fortunes of rice farmers in Nigeria's agricultural belt, turning family-run plots into thriving ...
- 'ASUU strike turning Nigerian students into IDPs' – Daily Trust - Daily Trust 'ASUU strike turning Nigerian students into IDPs' – Daily Trust Daily Trust
The Nigerian students will soon become Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in their own country as a result of the unending strike embarked on by the ...
- Just in: Nigerian Navy begins 2019 recruitment - Official - Legit.ng Just in: Nigerian Navy begins 2019 recruitment - Official Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Dahun said applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASCE/SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB (English and ...
- Nigeria's 2019 presidential polls: 72 aspirants on ballot - Official - africanews Nigeria's 2019 presidential polls: 72 aspirants on ballot - Official africanews
Nigeria's February 16 presidential elections will have a total of 72 candidates participating, the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC, said on Thursday.
- Nigerian professor wants prosecution of British colonialists - Premium Times Nigerian professor wants prosecution of British colonialists Premium Times
A Nigerian author, Amadi Asuogu, wants the British prosecuted for crimes they committed against Nigeria during colonialism. Mr Asuogu, a professor of religious ...
- How the US and China collaborated to get nuclear material out of Nigeria — and away from terrorist groups - DefenseNews.com How the US and China collaborated to get nuclear material out of Nigeria — and away from terrorist groups DefenseNews.com
Defense News reveals how an international team was given 24 hours to extract radioactive material from an African country in the throws of battling Boko Haram.
- Report Reveals How IOCs Steal Nigeria’s Crude Oil - THISDAY Newspapers Report Reveals How IOCs Steal Nigeria’s Crude Oil THISDAY Newspapers
A new report on the age-long crude oil theft in Nigeria has revealed how International Oil Companies (IOCs) in the Niger Delta region steal and siphon large ...
- 'Sex for grades' scandal in Nigeria - CNN 'Sex for grades' scandal in Nigeria CNN
Nigerian student Monica Osagie secretly taped her lecturer demanding sex for better marks. She speaks exclusively to CNN about blowing the whistle.
- Nigerians feel economic pinch as presidential election looms - Financial Times Nigerians feel economic pinch as presidential election looms Financial Times
Worries over growth and unemployment are dominant concerns ahead of February vote.
- Rivers elections: S-Court reserves ruling on APC’s appeal - Vanguard Rivers elections: S-Court reserves ruling on APC’s appeal Vanguard
ABUJA—The Supreme Court, yesterday, reserved its ruling on an appeal the All Progressives Congress, APC, seeking to secure an order that will enable it to ...
- Boko Haram launches series of attacks in north-east Nigeria - The Guardian Boko Haram launches series of attacks in north-east Nigeria The Guardian
Militants seize town of Baga, near Chad, in show of force before presidential election.
- Nigeria’s first storey building receives 13,609 visitors in 2018 - The Punch Nigeria’s first storey building receives 13,609 visitors in 2018 The Punch
The first storey building in Nigeria located in Badagry, Lagos State, recorded 13609 visitors in 2018, Mr Hodonu Daniel, the officer in charge of ...
- Labour protest leader arrested - Vanguard Labour protest leader arrested Vanguard
An Iranian labour protest leader has been arrested for the second time, state media reported Monday, after the judiciary denied his claim that he was tortured in ...
- The horsemen making a living on Lagos beach Nigeria - BBC News The horsemen making a living on Lagos beach Nigeria BBC News
The young people who make a living from taking people for horse rides on Nigeria's beaches.
- Nigeria to establish national micro-finance bank - Premium Times Nigeria to establish national micro-finance bank Premium Times
A national micro-finance bank is to be established to promote access to credit finance for small, medium enterprises (SMEs) and other unbanked groups in the ...
- Bakare: I am tired of speaking to the deaf… Nigerian leaders are not well - TheCable Bakare: I am tired of speaking to the deaf… Nigerian leaders are not well TheCable
Tunde Bakare, serving overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, says he is tired of speaking to the deaf about the issues bedeviling Nigeria as a country.
- Nigeria faces a health financing cliff edge - Devex Nigeria faces a health financing cliff edge Devex
ABUJA, Nigeria — Over the next two decades, Nigeria is expected to become ineligible for a range of external health financing sources, from Global Fund grants ...
- Nigerian religious women, carrying on regardless… - Vatican News Nigerian religious women, carrying on regardless… Vatican News
Paul Samasumo – Vatican News. “It is frightening…but what can you do? It is not stopping us from carrying on with our responsibilities. We get up in the morning ...
- 'Bandits' kill 10 troops along Niger-Nigeria border - Aljazeera.com 'Bandits' kill 10 troops along Niger-Nigeria border Aljazeera.com
The two countries had launched a joint operation against criminal gangs in Niger's Maradi region over the weekend.
- Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report - Myjoyonline.com Nigeria most dangerous country for Christians in West Africa - Report Myjoyonline.com
Nigeria may have some of the largest churches and most popular preachers on the African continent but a new report has found that it is among the most ...
- Nigerian court begins hearing case of Ambazonia leaders against Cameroon gov't - Journalducameroun.com - English Nigerian court begins hearing case of Ambazonia leaders against Cameroon gov't Journalducameroun.com - English
Published on 21.01.2019 at 16h38 by Journalducameroun. Share. Ambazonia leadermiddle at Yaounde military tribunal ...
- JUST IN: Nigeria inflation rises to 11.44% - Premium Times JUST IN: Nigeria inflation rises to 11.44% Premium Times
The consumer price index, which measures inflation, increased to 11.44 percent in December 2018, the National Bureau of Statistics said on Wednesday.
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire dies - Vanguard Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire dies Vanguard
Nigeria's Ambassador to Cote d'Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah, has died, Foreign Affairs Ministry officials, have confirmed.
- NUC plans first Nigerian universities ranking in 14 years - Premium Times NUC plans first Nigerian universities ranking in 14 years Premium Times
The National Universities Commission has said that it had not ranked the nation's universities in the last 14 years, and declared that claims to that effect were ...
- Supreme Court's intervention needed to resolve Nigeria's budget controversy - Official - Premium Times Supreme Court's intervention needed to resolve Nigeria's budget controversy - Official Premium Times
The official speaks on the automated budget system now in place.
- Nigeria: Thousands flee to Cameroon after attack in Rann - Doctors Without Borders Nigeria: Thousands flee to Cameroon after attack in Rann Doctors Without Borders
GENEVA/NEW YORK, JANUARY 16, 2019—After a nonstate armed group attacked the town of Rann, northeastern Nigeria, on January 14, thousands of people ...
- Nigeria targets sub-100 ranking in Ease of Doing Business Index —Presidency - The Punch Nigeria targets sub-100 ranking in Ease of Doing Business Index —Presidency The Punch
The Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council has announced a goal to move Nigeria into the top-100 on the 2020 World Bank Doing Business ...
- In Nigeria, a push for coding in schools - Devex In Nigeria, a push for coding in schools Devex
PORT HARCOURT, Nigeria — On a chilly Friday morning last November, Chinyere Anyaji stood behind a lectern in a dimly illuminated hall packed with ...
- High debt, low deposits - Nigeria's banks on the line - Aljazeera.com High debt, low deposits - Nigeria's banks on the line Aljazeera.com
Why millions of Nigerians are losing faith in their banking system?
- Stephen Keshi Stadium confirmed as venue for Nigeria's friendly with Egypt - BBC Sport Stephen Keshi Stadium confirmed as venue for Nigeria's friendly with Egypt BBC Sport
Nigeria's Football Federation (NFF) says the friendly against Egypt in March will take place at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba, Delta State, southern Nigeria ...
- Nigeria’s population is no blessing - The Punch Nigeria’s population is no blessing The Punch
Thursday with Abimbola Adelakun firstname.lastname@example.org Now and then, a Nigerian leader raises the issue of our population problem but somehow, it s...
- Meet Nigeria's presidential candidates of 2019 - Global Voices Meet Nigeria's presidential candidates of 2019 Global Voices
Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation, will hold presidential elections on February 16, 2019. Although there are 73 presidential candidates, the race for Aso ...
- Toyin Saraki Calls For End To Election Violence, Hate Speech [Leadership] Wife Of the Senate President, Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki has called for an end to election violence and divisive hate speech as the 2019 general elections draws closer.
- Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities in Africa [Daily Trust] A new report has ranked Lagos ahead of Abuja fourth among the ten wealthiest cities in Africa with a cumulative wealth of $108 billion.
- Buhari's Govt Worst in Country's History - Opposition's Atiku [Vanguard] Former Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, on Sunday, reviewed the performance of President Muhammadu BUHARI'S nearly four years in office and returned a damning verdict that "the All Progressives Congress (APC) administration was one of the biggest disasters to have ever befallen Nigeria."
- Under Buhari, Boko Haram Stronger Than Ever Before - Obasanjo [Premium Times] A former Nigerian president, Olusegun Obasanjo, said on Sunday that the Boko Haram insurgents have become stronger than ever.
- Buhari Planning to Rig Elections - Former President Obasanjo [Premium Times] Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Sunday attacked President Muhammadu Buhari, accusing him of plotting to rig the general elections.
- Toyin Saraki - End Election Violence and Divisive Hate Speech [Wellbeing Foundation] Abuja -"Intimidation threatens to throttle our democracy -- all must adopt End Election Violence Advocacy" Her Excellency Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki called for an end to election violence and divisive hate speech as she chaired the 2018 Daily Trust African of the Year Award in Abuja on Wednesday.
- Fake News - Court Stops EFCC, DSS From Arresting Fani-Kayode, Odumakin [Vanguard] Abuja -The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, on Monday, restrained the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, from arresting the former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode and the spokesman of Pan-Yoruba group Afenifere, Chief Yinka Odumakin, for allegedly peddling false news on social media.
- Presidency Replies OBJ Address - You're Sick, Get Well Soon [Daily Trust] Hours after former president Olusegun Obasanjo issued a "state of the nation" address attacking the Buhari administration, the presidency issued three words in reply: "Get well soon."
- Six Ministers Tell Story of Decline and Recovery of Nigerian Economy [Premium Times] Attendance was unsually heavy at the Banquet Hall of the State House, Abuja, as the Economic Management Team (EMT) engaged representatives of the private sector from all over the country on the economy at the 10th Presidential Quarterly Business Forum.
- Troops Fighting Boko Haram in 'Poor Conditions Intolerable' [Daily Trust] Lagos -Serving Overseer, the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor 'Tunde Bakare, says with relatively huge allocations to the defence ministry, the allegations that the troops fighting insurgency operate under poor conditions are intolerable and disturbing.
- Helpline Foundation Makes Case for Abuja Inventor [Daily Trust] An Abuja based nongovernmental organisation, Helpline Foundation for the Needy has made a passionate appeal to FCT Administration and other relevant agencies to assist a 21-year old Surajo Ismaila who hails from Rubochi in Kuje Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory to achieve his goal as inventor.
- Presidential Debate - Attendees Rate Durotoye, Ezekwesili, Moghalu [Premium Times] It was a debate many attendees found interesting despite the absence of the two main contenders.
- Obasanjo Says TraderMoni Programme 'Idiotic' [Premium Times] Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has attacked Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, saying that he (the Vice President) has displayed executive recklessness and abuse of office.
- Ruling Party Replies to Obasanjo, Says Ex-President Haunted By His Past [Premium Times] The All Progressives Congress (APC) says that former President Olusegun Obasanjo is being haunted by what he did while in office, especially with regards to the conduct of elections.
- Again, Court Restrains CCT From Prosecuting Onnoghen [Vanguard] The National Industrial Court, Abuja, on Monday ordered the service of an interim order and hearing notice on the Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), Malam Danladi Umar.
- 536,338 PVCs Yet to Be Collected in Abia - INEC [Vanguard] Aba -The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Abia State, has said that 536,338 registered voters are yet to collect their Permanent Voters Cards, PVCs, out of the 1,933,974 eligible voters who are expected to participate in the 2019 general elections in the state.
- Trial of Ladoja Ends - Court Reserves Judgment [Vanguard] A Federal High Court Lagos on Monday, reserved judgment in the criminal case against a former Governor of Oyo State, Rashidi Ladoja, and one of his aides, Waheed Akanbi, charged with N4.7 billion fraud.
- LCCI Urges World Bank to Review Ease of Doing Business Indicators [Vanguard] The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) says the World Bank needs to review the indicators for composition of the Ease of Doing Business Index to reflect the reality of each country.
- INEC Concerned Over Unclaimed 4,000 PVCs in Jigawa LG [Vanguard] The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Guri Local Government Council of Jigawa, on Monday, said that 4,000 Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) were lying unclaimed in the office.
- Tradermoni - Obaseki Assures of More FG Programmes in Edo [Vanguard] ... as 52,000 traders register
- 'Why Atiku Sneaked Into and Out of America' - - Buhari Campaign [Premium Times] The campaign organisation of President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has issued the statement below analysing the recent visit of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to the United States.
- Farmer Sues Buhari's Aide for Alleged Breach of Contract [Premium Times] A young Nigerian farmer, Abdulkadir Muhammad, is seeking compensation for a job he did for the Senior Special Assistant to the President Muhammadu Buhari on Economic Management Team, Dolapo Bright.
- Brigade Beats Off Boko Haram Attack in Yobe [Daily Trust] Troops of the 27 Task Force Brigade in Buni Yadi say they have defeated Boko Haram terrorists who launched an attack on their formation in Gujba council area of Yobe State on Sunday.
- SEC Restates Commitment to Attract Investors, Boost Economy [Daily Trust] The Securities and Exchange Commission has restated its commitment to partner with relevant government agencies and the private sector to attract more investments to the country.
- Hall 7 Real Estate Opens 47 Duplexes, Six Apartments in Abuja [Daily Trust] Some 47 duplexes and six apartment units opened up in Abuja on Friday to meet market need for bespoke housing.
- Obasanjo Reaps On My Father's Blood but Failed to Recognise Him - Jamiu Abiola [Daily Trust] Jamiu Abiola, a son to late Chief MKO Abiola, has slammed former President Olusegun Obasanjo for "benefitting on his father's blood" but neglecting to recognise his contribution to Nigeria' democracy.
- ASUU Strike - Nigerian Govt, Lecturers Resume Talk [Premium Times] The federal government will, today, resume talks with the leaders of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), with the hope of an agreement that would bring an end to the ongoing strike in public universities.
- Help PDP Win Elections, Akwa Ibom Governor Tells Youth Corps Members [Premium Times] The Akwa Ibom State governor, Udom Emmanuel, has urged members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on election duty to help the People's Democratic Party (PDP) win the forthcoming general elections in the state.
- INEC May Shift Rivers Polls If APC Wins in Court - - Official [Premium Times] The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has revealed what its next step would be if the All Progressive Congress (APC) win an appeal of the court judgement barring it from participating in the forthcoming elections in Rivers State.
- Thousands Returning to Nigeria's Restive Borno State 'At Risk' - UN 'Gravely Concerned' [UN News] Amid reports that Cameroon is forcing several thousand Nigerians to return to Borno state in the country's crisis-gripped north-east, the United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR) deplored the move, saying it has put lives "at risk".
- Oracle joins DRF2019 as Gold sponsor Internationally acclaimed Cloud solutions provider, Oracle, has been announced as Gold sponsor of Digital Retail Forum 2019, set to take place on 30 January at the Hilton Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa. Under the theme “Harnessing Digital Technology for Next-Level Customer Centred Retailing”, DRF2019 will focus on how emerging technologies such...
- LG to launch LG Q Stylus+ in February 2019 LG Electronics has announced the new LG Q Stylus, the latest model in the expanding Q series midrange smartphones. The LG Q Stylus features handwritten input for those times when writing is more productive and expressive than typing. Depending on the market,...
- MUST SEE: Louis Vuitton launches pricey earbuds Luxury French fashion house, Louis Vuitton is entering the audio market with a collection of unique wireless earphones in partnership with Master & Dynamic. On Thursday, 17 January, New-York-based audio company Master & Dynamic announced its new...
- Vodacom empowers small business with a financial management app Vodacom Business has partnered with financial and business management platform Fiskl to provide mobile and digital services to entrepreneurs and small businesses in Africa. Fiskl is a mobile-first financial and business management app that has re-designed the...
- Online basics for small businesses In a time when most people make purchasing decisions while browsing their smartphones, business owners cannot afford to not be online. Whether a small family-run restaurant or a start-up with big ambitions, all small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) stand to...
- What you need to know before you sign up with an ISP Fibre to the home (FTTH) is rolling out in suburbs across South Africa at a rapid rate, promising lightning fast internet speeds, a world of connectivity and online in-home entertainment options not yet experienced since the Jurassic Park advent of copper...
- Clientèle launches multi-purposes platform Clientèle Limited has announced the launch of Clientèle App for policyholders and provides them with a platform to redeem Clientèle Rewards as well as allows them to claim, view their policies, premiums and payments, manage their policies 24 hours a day,...
- New year brings new and improved business telephony technologies Every year starts with excitement as many new tech trends and technologies emerge that are fast changing the way we work and interact with others. In fact, technology is revolutionising the way we do business. Cloud-based communications have proven to be a...
- Amazon launches conference on AI and robotics On Thursday, 17 January Amazon announced plans to hold a conference open to the public on robotics, space and artificial intelligence, as well as to discuss future applications of emerging technologies. There’s a reason why Amazon may want to bring...
- New Digital Skills partnership tackles skills shortage in South Africa The Digital Skills Partnership is a strategic collaboration between key stakeholders in the digital industry committed to transforming the sector by redesigning the traditionally onerous employment pathways into jobs for unemployed youth. 98% of South African...
- Fortnite vulnerability put millions of players at risk Researchers at Check Point Software Technologies, a provider of cyber security solutions globally, shared details of vulnerabilities that could have affected any player of the hugely popular online battle game, Fortnite. Fortnite has nearly 80 million players...
- Spotify “Car View” makes jamming out safer while you drive Spotify has been testing a “Driving Mode” since 2017. Now it is making this feature more widely available as “Car View” to make navigating through your music while driving easier and safer. Spotify has already been integrated into navigational...
- Networks Unlimited Africa and Cofense stand against phishing Cofense, a provider of human-focused phishing defence solutions which enable people to identify, report, and mitigate such threats as spear phishing and malware, is keenly aware that small businesses are significant targets for cyber attackers. This is...
- MUST SEE: Africa’s most popular video streaming sites Despite the major infrastructural challenges that Africa faces – such as low connectivity and the high cost of data, the number of video streaming platforms active in Africa has exploded over the past few years as the continent responded to the global...
- 2019 iPhones could be jumping on the USB-C bandwagon According to a new report from supply chain blog Macotakara, Apple could be in the process of developing a revised iPod touch. Further, the report says the 2019 iPhone might make the jump to USB-C, just like the 2018 iPad Pros. Additionally, the very brief...
- Elisabeth Moreno appointed as VP & Managing Director for HP Africa HP has announced the appointment of Elisabeth Moreno as the new Managing Director for HP Inc. Africa. Based in Johannesburg, Elisabeth Moreno replaces David Rozzio who will move to another leadership position at HP, leading its Central Europe cluster. In this...