- Lanlehin felicitates with Ladoja at 74
- Toyin Saraki cautions world leaders on SDGs
- Ford Foundation justifies $420m investment in fellowship programmes
- Oyinlola warns INEC, politicians on Osun election
- 2019: Atiku, Mark, Saraki, Tambuwal, others scale through PDP first hurdle screening
- #OsunDecides2018: PDP drags INEC to court over inconclusive declaration
- Premium Steels & Mines will boost Nigeria’s economy ― PDP Chieftain
- APC took for granted powers of NASS, Oshiomhole laments
- Don’t allow Daura’s alleged crimes to be swept under carpet, ex-Ohanaeze chieftain tells FG
- Ekiti APC leaders endorse Opeyemi Bamidele for Senate
- Our mission is to ensure all African homes enjoy digital life —Elegbede, Director, Brands and Marketing, StarTimes
- Cut out for the job: Zainab Ahmed steps in as Finance minister
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet on Personal Loans
- Minister Kemi Adeosun: Her strides, her slumps
- NIMASA, Maritime Academy and the changing Nigerian maritime narrative
- It is unacceptable to harass our drivers —Uber boss
- Tackling unemployment with creative industries
- Unemployment to rise as NBS prepares new data
- SANEF: Creating jobs through financial inclusion
- Emefiele: 4 years of navigating Nigeria’s financial landscape
- Ras Kimono’s wife dies 3 months after husband’s death
- Glenn Mena asks fans to ‘expect it’
- I’ve never been sexually harassed — Oyebade Adebimpe, actress
- Parents need to support their ambitious children —Producer of”Funke” Movie
- Funke Akindele, Ramsey Nouah, others nominated for Greenview Awards
- AMVCA 2018: How big players came together to promote entertainment in Nigeria
- Men send pictures of their manhood to me to examine — Angel Christopher
- 2000 audience attend ‘Witness Box’ movie premiere
- Iremide Churchboy hunts for fresh talents
- Poor fundIng, reason Nollywood can’t go global — Genevieve Nnaji
- 17,000 receiving HIV treatment in Ogun — NACA
- Cardiovascular diseases in Nigeria has doubled —Chief of Cardiology, LUTH
- Prostate cancer, an epidemic in waiting —Kuranga
- ‘Influenza, most common hospital-acquired infection in UCH’
- Declare cancer national emergency, foundation urges FG
- NGO unveils mobile app to provide health emergency services
- Artificial ripening of fruits causes cancer, liver, kidney diseases ― Experts
- Lagos inaugurates new board for LASUTH
- Expert harps on pharmacists’ new roles in public health
- Expert urges HMOs to partner Govt on health insurance education
- No Regret, Says Woman Accused of Kidnapping APC Chair's 4-Year-Old Son [Premium Times] A female kidnap suspect, Fatima Muhammed, says she has no regrets kidnapping the four-year-old son of Bukar Dalori, the Borno chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC).
- Internet Users Hit 104.6m in August [Premium Times] Internet users in Nigeria increased marginally to 104.6 million in August, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has said.
- Hisbah to Clamp Down On Commercial Sex Workers in Jigawa [Premium Times] The Jigawa Hisbah Board has warned commercial sex workers operating in the state to quit the immoral act or risk arrest and prosecution.
- #osundecides2018 - 12-Year-Old Girl, Two Others Shot As Violence Erupts in Osogbo [Premium Times] File photo of an elderly voter being accredited, at Sekonanear Ife, during the 2018 Osun state Governorship Election on Saturday (22/9/18). 05010/23/9/18/Timothy Adeogodiran/JAU/NAN
- 2019 - Saraki Can Only Win in Kwara - Ndume [Premium Times] A member of the National Assembly, Ali Ndume, has dismissed the current political ambition of the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, as a pipe dream.
- Coalition Seeks UN's Reversal of Obasanjo's Appointment [Premium Times] A coalition of Nigerian and South African citizens has sent a petition to the United Nations Secretary-General seeking the reversal of the appointment of Nigeria's former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, as a member of the United Nations high-level advisory board on mediation.
- FIFA Best 2018 - Modric Wins Best Player Award [Premium Times] The dominance of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in global awards in recent years has been halted as Luka Modric Monday night emerged as the new winner of the Best Player Award organised by FIFA.
- Nimasa Begins Operation to Rescue Hijacked Crew [Premium Times] The Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) on Monday said it had started rescue operations for the 12 crew members hijacked on Saturday by pirates in Rivers State.
- Abducted Passengers Released - God Is Good Motors [Premium Times] The passengers abducted by unknown gunmen on their way to Lagos from Enugu aboard a God Is Good Motors have secured their freedom, the transport company said in a statement on Monday.
- PDP Leaders Bicker Over National Convention Venue [Premium Times] There are indications that the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have yet to agree on a venue for party's presidential primaries fixed for October 6, following a sharp disagreement between the party's Board of Trustees (BoT) and the National Working Committee (NWC).
- Nigerian Crime Fighter Enters Spirit World to Catch Sex Traffickers [Thomson Reuters Foundation] Benin City -Before leaving for Europe, women are made to take part in black magic rituals, known as juju, which instill a fear of illness or death should they disobey their traffickers
- Nigeria Has Only 40 Rheumatologists for 200 Million People - - Experts [Premium Times] The Chief Medical Director (CMD) of Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Adewale Oke, has decried the low number of trained rheumatologists to treat musculoskeletal diseases in Nigeria.
- Abuja Metro Line Begins Commercial Train Services [Premium Times] The Abuja Rail Mass Transit on Monday commenced commercial train services on the Airport-Idu-Central Area metro line, Okey Ugwuanyi, the Airport station manager, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
- Nigeria's Supreme Court Delivers 297 Judgments in 2017/2018 Legal Year [Premium Times] The Supreme Court said it delivered 297 judgments by the close of the 2017/2018 legal year.
- Oil Could Rise to $100 By 2019 As Global Markets Tighten - Merchants [Premium Times] Commodity merchants, Trafigura and Mercuria, say oil prices could rise towards $100 per barrel towards the end of the year or by early 2019 as sanctions against Iran bite.
- Rainfall, Thunderstorms to Prevail On Tuesday - Nimet [Premium Times] The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) has predicted prospects of rainfall and thunderstorm activities over most parts of the country on Tuesday.
- NAICOM Workers Begin Three-Day Warning Strike [Premium Times] National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) workers on Monday began a three-day warning strike action to protest management's failure to deliver on its agreement on staff welfare and improved working conditions.
- #osundecides2018 - APC, PDP Tackle Each Other Over Arrest of Opposition Leaders [Premium Times] Following the declaration by the Returning Officer, Joseph Fuwape, that the Saturday governorship election in Osun is inconclusive, the People Democratic Party (PDP) and All Progressives Congress in the state have traded accusations of physical attacks on their members ahead of the supplementary polls in seven units on Thursday.
- PDP Screens Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Others [Premium Times] The Peoples Democratic Party on Monday commenced the screening of its Presidential aspirants for the 2019 election.
- Insurgency - Troops Rescue 146, Neutralise 14 Terrorists - Army Spokesperson [Premium Times] Troops on clearance operations have rescued 146 persons during clearance operations between Sunday and Monday in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.
- Months After De-Robing Lawyer, Legal Practitioners' Committee Restores SAN Rank [Premium Times] Eight months after stripping Adekunle Ogunba of the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), the Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee (LLPC) has restored the rank to the lawyer.
- 23 Police Officers Arrested for Extortion, Others [Premium Times] The police in Kano have arrested 23 of its officials for alleged extortion, illegal road block and other offences.
- Gov. Ortom Orders Direct Disbursement of N14.9 Billion Paris Fund [Premium Times] Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue has ordered the direct disbursement of the N14.9 billion Paris Club refund to beneficiaries.
- Nigeria's Trafficking Curse - the Battle to Dispel the Black Magic Behind Sex Slavery [Thomson Reuters Foundation] Benin City, Nigeria -A rising number of women have been lured in recent years from impoverished lives in southern Nigeria to Europe with the promise of lucrative work, many ending up selling sex
- 2019 - Again APC Reschedules Presidential Primary [Premium Times] The All Progressives Congress (APC) has rescheduled its presidential primary from September 25 to September 27.
- Lagos Convicts 53 Offenders for Contravening Building Regulations [Premium Times] The Lagos State Special Offences Court at Gbolade, Oshodi, has convicted 53 persons who contravened the building regulations in the state.
- SEC Extends Mutual Benefits' Rights Issue [Guardian] Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc has received approval for an extension of the offer period of its rights issue by the Security Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Don't Tamper With Osun Voters' Will, Atiku Tells INEC [Leadership] Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, yesterday urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to resist every temptation to be used to tamper with the will of the people of Osun State, since they have freely given their mandate to Senator Ademola Adeleke and the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP).
- 10 Nasarawa APC Governorship Aspirants Threaten to Dump Party [Guardian] Calabar and Lafia -A coalition of All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship aspirants has issued warning to Governor Tanko Al-Makura to allow equal level-playing ground in the forth-coming primaries or risk massive defection.
- Professor Ejiofor Bags Honorary Citizenship Certificate in U.S.A [Leadership] Fate, providence and hardwork; these are several factors that determine the outcome of an individual's life from birth to death. Whatever destiny has planned for a man, diligence and determination can help tilt the trajectory.
- South African tech startup creates more work opportunities for artisans Kandua, a proudly South African online platform that links homeowners and building maintenance managers to rated and vetted artisans (with a history of job reviews), has just announced a partnership with French homeware improvement retailer Leroy Merlin. Every customer that visits Leroy Merlin will have the option of using selected Kandua contractors...
- Say goodbye to free Twitter After providing free Twitter to millions of subscribers for four years, MTN’s Twitter service will come to an end at midnight on Tuesday 25 September 2018. “Free Twitter started out as a 90-day promotion in May 2014 and over time, it has become part of...
- Robotics play an active role in 4th Industrial Revolution Paramount Group, an African-based global defence and aerospace business, proudly announces the launch of an excitingly-new annual robotics competition entitled ‘Parabotics’, a contest (commencing in January, with finals scheduled for December)...
- IT News Africa: Most read articles of the week It’s been another insightful week in the world of technology. The annual Gartner Symposium ITXPO kicked off at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on Monday, 17 September 2018 which unpacked an array of topics including data & analytics,...
- Security a key issue as most organisations start digital transformation 67% of organisations have embarked on digital transformation journeys, and South African companies are not lagging behind. But going digital can increase security risks, warns Fortinet. Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated...
- MEST unveils new tech incubator in Nairobi The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) has recently launched its fourth incubator and tech hub in Nairobi, Kenya. This will serve as its flagship East African space, joining hubs in Ghana, Nigeria and South Africa. The incubator will...
- SecureTower 6.2 is now available for South Africa The new version of SecureTower 6.2 is now available for South Africa and across Sub-Sahara Africa. It is offered by Falcongaze through distribution partner Bitrate who has provided ICT solutions through a partner network of hundreds of companies in the Sub...
- The battle for game of the year is on The year is slowly coming to a close, which means that the battle for the 2018 Game of the Year has officially begun. So far, the first half of 2018 brought us some phenomenal games… One notable release, which is the top contender for the 2018 Game of...
- Fake finance apps on Google Play target users worldwide Another set of fake finance apps has found its way into the official Google Play store. This time, the apps have impersonated six banks from New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Poland, and the Austrian cryptocurrency exchange Bitpanda....
- Liquid Telecom partners with Zindi to accelerate Africa’s data science ecosystem Pan-African telecoms group, Liquid Telecom, has announced a partnership with Zindi to support the rollout of its new data science competition platform across Africa. Zindi was launched last week at the AI Expo Africa in Cape Town, providing a platform for...
- MWEB partners with SAP to deploy S/4HANA Public Cloud platform In a time when an economic slowdown is putting increasing pressure on businesses to maintain costs, how does a leader in the highly-competitive Internet Service Provider (ISP) sector position the organisation to deliver unprecedented value? For MWEB, it’s...
- MTN Uganda and Mastercard diversify mobile money service MTN Uganda in partnership with Mastercard and United Bank for Africa (UBA) have announced a new online payments service. Through this partnership, MTN MoMo customers will use a virtual card to shop or make payments at the vast network of global outlets...
- Member States urged to explore new sources of financing in Central Africa “Financing industrialization is not only about chasing money,” said Antonio Pedro, Director of the ECA Subregional Office for Central Africa. “We need to look at the soft and hard infrastructure that will then create the necessary enablers for money to...
- EcoSlips app set to reduce waste impact on environment The City of Johannesburg has told ratepayers that we are left with less than three years before the city runs out of space at landfill sites. The consequences of this could be dire for residents, as they would be forced to carry the costs of having their...
- Samsung Galaxy A7 set to feature three rear cameras Samsung Electronics has revealed that it will be releasing a new smartphone. The latest device from the mobile phone manufacturer comes in the form of the Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone. The Galaxy A7 smartphone is expected to launch at the end of September...
- Airtel Nigeria deploys 4G LTE in Anambra State Airtel Nigeria has announced the deployment of 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution Service) in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi and other major cities and towns in Anambra State. Airtel says the switch to an upgraded 4G network in Anambra will boost trade and commerce; empower...