- Police arrest carpenter, 50, for allegedly raping 20 year-old autistic girl
- INAC set to make history, poised to host over 23 countries in Abuja
- Sultan visits Babalakin in Gbongan, restates need for unity among Nigerians
- PHOTOS: Osinbajo takes TraderMoni to Oje, Bodija markets in Ibadan
- N30,000 Minimum wage: States can pay without sacking workers ― SDP
- Morocco inaugurates Africa’s fastest train
- 19-year-old man arrested with human parts in Anambra
- Gabon VP takes over as President’s health reportedly worsens
- $300m debt: Reps commence investigation of 12 Shipping lines
- PDP challenges Buhari, APC to name achievements in the north
- Vision implementation dilution hinders development —Odumabo
- Heritage Bank, strenghtening Nigeria’s agricultural sector
- High cost of funds kills businesses —Oyefeso
- The rise and rise of Odu’a Investment
- NDIC: Advancing deposit insurance among Africa’s financial safety-net players
- NDIC: Advancing deposit insurance among Africa’s financial safety-net players
- Secret deals that turned Skye Bank from buyer of bridge bank to a ‘bridge’
- We’ll make Odu’a better, stronger —Akinwunmi, Chairman
- Secret deals that turned Skye Bank from buyer of bridge bank to a‘bridge’
- Our mission is to ensure all African homes enjoy digital life —Elegbede, Director, Brands and Marketing, StarTimes
- Gospel artists, comedians, storm Dpraiz music concert
- 18 finalists unveiled for Miss Nigeria 2018
- Simi, Wande Coal thrill London fans in sold-out concerts
- Stan Lee, Marvel Comics icon, dies at 95
- Seun Kuti, Sir Ozwald Boateng, others endorse Ade Olufeko’s groundbreaking digital painting
- Lai Mohammed, Ambode, Sunny Ade to headline Baba Sala’s concert
- 5th AFRIMA: Michael Blackson, Pearl Thusi, Anita Erskine, to host
- U.S promotes Cross-Culture as 13 American writers participate in Ake Festival
- No marriage, no baby talks for me —Uche Jombo
- Wizkid joins league of highest paid artists worldwide
- Expert decries high cases of diabetes in Ondo
- Mrs Buhari reaffirms commitment to reduce maternal, infant mortality
- UNICEF convenes global meeting on open defecation
- NCDC, partners, engage school children in spelling competition
- World Diabetes Day: Children also prone to diabetes, expert says
- 35% of children die from pneumonia due to lack of oxygen —Expert
- Palm oil as an antidote to poison is a myth —Expert
- Radiographers told to be precise, compassionate
- Cost of diabetes care very, costly, exotic — Diabetes Association of Nigeria
- World Diabetes Day: Genital itching may be the first sign of diabetes — Expert
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- A mysterious Shia group has Nigeria worried - The Economist
A mysterious Shia group has Nigeria worriedThe EconomistThey form a small minority of Nigeria's roughly 180m population, split between Muslims (mostly Sunnis), who dominate the north, and Christians, who dominate in the south. Mr Zakzaky has amassed followers in the impoverished north by railing against the ...
- South Africa vs Nigeria: Who has the upper hand? - Goal.com
- Nigeria'll be second biggest rice importer in 2019 –USDA - The Punch
- Nigeria 'sex-for-marks' don charged with corruption - Eyewitness News
- Nigeria is burning — Fasehun - Vanguard
Nigeria is burning — FasehunVanguardFasehun, however, tasked Nigerian youths not to allow politicians to hold them hostage saying “every four years, politicians come to us, using poverty as a weapon to hold the people hostage, promising us these very things that we lack and we fall for ...and more »
- Nigeria to emerge world's second largest rice importer in 2019 –US agency - The Punch
- Buhari speaks on saying '40m Nigerians are Mad' - Daily Post Nigeria
- Why General Electric pulled out of Nigeria's railway concession arrangement - Premium Times
- Kogi, Osun, Nasarawa dirtiest states in Nigeria – Report - The Punch
- Dearth of indigenous ceos in Nigeria-based multinationals - The Punch
Dearth of indigenous ceos in Nigeria-based multinationalsThe PunchFriday Musings with Ayo Olukotun email@example.com 07055841236. No matter how you browse its current status, it is hard not to think of Nigeria as a nation in decline, with indices of a glorious past, looking today like feats that are difficult to ...
- Nine Months After Abduction Saga, Dapchi School Reopens [Premium Times] Academic activities have resumed at the Government Girls' Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe, where Boko Haram insurgents abducted 110 schoolgirls on February 19.
- It Rains, It Pours, It Floods - Nigeria's Growing Seasonal Problem [African Arguments] Over the last few years in Nigeria, seasonal flooding has killed hundreds, destroyed hundreds of thousands of homes, and displaced millions of people.
- I Have a Competent Health Minister, Buhari Boasts [Vanguard] Following his contributions to the health sector, the minister of health, Prof. Isaac Folorunso Adewole, Thursday received commendations from President Muhammadu Buhari, who said that Adewole was very competent in the performance of his official duties.
- Why General Electric Pulled Out of Nigeria's Railway Concession Arrangement [Premium Times] General Electric on Thursday said it has handed over the leadership of a consortium chosen to run Nigeria's rail concession to South Africa's Transnet.
- Govt, Academic Union Meeting Deadlocked [Premium Times] A meeting between the Nigerian government and university lecturers has ended Thursday evening without resolution of the nationwide strike by the teachers.
- Governors Give Conditions to Accept U.S.$83 Minimum Wage [Premium Times] The Nigerian Governors' Forum says it will re-strategise and dialogue with President Muhammadu Buhari on the issues associated with the proposed N30, 000 minimum wage.
- I'm Ready to Meet You in Court, Saraki Replies Oshiomhole [Premium Times] Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has stated that Nigerians are eagerly awaiting how President Muhammadu Buhari will handle the allegations of bribery levelled against APC chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.
- Lai Mohammed and Others Feeding Off El-Zakzaky [Guardian] With a pedigree of an incurable self-advertisement behind it, the Muhammadu Buhari government is not known for half-measures.
- Reps Panel Uncovers Another Set of Hidden Rice in Lagos [Vanguard] Abuja -House of Representatives committee probing the fraud in National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, has discovered another set of rice hidden in a warehouse in Lagos.
- Atiku/Obi Ticket - IPOB, Ohanaeze Youths, APC Disagree With Igbo Leaders [Vanguard] The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, yesterday disagreed with some Igbo leaders over their alleged endorsement of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar's presidential bid without a concrete, written and sealed agreement of what he will do for Ndigbo.
- Experts Identify Strengths, Pitfalls for N30,000 Minimum Wage [Daily Trust] The proposed N30,000 minimum wage being considered by the Federal Government may have its obvious highs and lows in shaping the immediate economic.
- Flights to Be Disrupted As Harmattan Sets in - NiMet [Daily Trust] The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) said there could be high cases of flight disruptions through cancellation and delay of flights at some airports across the country as the harmattan season sets in.
- AfDB's Portal Boosts Information Flow On Continent's Energy Demand [Leadership] Lagos -The Africa Energy Portal (AEP), recently unveiled by the African Development Bank (AfDB), is expected to address a lack of information in the sector, by providing a one-stop-shop for accurate, reliable, relevant, and up-to-date information on energy in Africa.
- Buhari Launches Unity Band [Leadership] Ahead of the 2019 general elections, President Mohammadu Buhari yesterday unveiled the "Buhari Unity Band" (BUB) at the presidential villa.
- Soyinka Decries Low Literacy Level in Nigeria [Leadership] Lagos -Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka yesterday lamented low level of literacy in the country, saying this is evident from the conducts of the younger generation.
- I'll Continue to Implement Policies That'll Attract Investments - Buhari [Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari has said that his administration will continue to implement policies that would attract investment and spark competition in critical sectors of the economy for employment creation and growth.
- SEC Extends Multiple Subscription Deadline to December, 2019 [Leadership] Lagos -In a move to ensure more investors regularise their accounts thereby reducing the volume of unclaimed dividends in the Nigerian capital market, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has further given another 12-month extension of the forbearance for shareholders with multiple accounts.
- Wise Igbo Won't Be Fooled On Atiku, Says APC [Guardian] The All Progressives Congress (APC) yesterday enjoined the Igbo not to be deceived by the endorsement of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, by some southeast leaders.
- Labour in Dilemma Over Fresh Minimum Wage Strike [Guardian] Abuja -The labour movement is worried that Nigerians may turn a cold shoulder to a fresh call for an industrial action demanding the speedy passage of a new minimum wage law.
- Jet Fighters Kill Boko Haram Terrorists in Lake Chad, Sambisa Forest [This Day] Abuja -Several Boko Haram operatives were decimated Thursday as Nigerian Air Force fighter jets struck the terrorist group's locations on the fringes of Lake Chad and Sambisa Forest in Borno State in a renewed operation tagged "Green Sweep" targeting terrorists in the North-east.
- Atiku Not a Match for Buhari - Transport Minister Amaechi [This Day] Abuja -Minister of Transportation and Director-General of the Muhammadu Buhari Presidential Campaign Organisation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has said the Peoples Democratic Party's (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, is no match for President Buhari in the forthcoming presidential election.
- Shell Donates Relief Materials to Flood Victims in Niger Delta [This Day] The management and staff of Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) have distributed relief materials worth over N300 million to communities affected by devastating floods in Rivers, Bayelsa, and Delta states.
- Buhari, Guinea Bissau Leader Meet Over Elections [Guardian] Abuja -President Muhammadu Buhari and his Guinea Bissau counterpart, Jose Mario Vaz, yesterday met behind closed-doors at the Presidential Villa.
- Vote Out Governors Opposing N30,000 Minimum Wage, NLC Tells Workers [This Day] Abuja -The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Thursday asked its members to vote out state governors opposing the proposed N30,000 minimum wage.
- Achebe Lives - 60 Years Since Things Fall Apart [This Day] Chinua Achebe, prophet and great writer, who was born on November 16, 1930, will be remembered forever for what he did in 1958.
- Food Crisis Imminent in Nigeria, Group Warns [This Day] Fresh indications have shown that food crisis is imminent in Nigeria if the country fails to deploy innovation and technology into its food industry to boost productivity and sufficiency.
- Dana Air Celebrates 10th Anniversary [This Day] Dana Air has celebrated its 10th anniversary in Nigeria's aviation industry with a strong commitment to continue to offer its guests the best of service hinged on safety and customer satisfaction.
- $300M Debts - Reps Threaten 12 Shipping Firms With Arrest [Daily Trust] The House of Representatives Committee on Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) has threatened 12 shipping firms with arrests over $300m allegedly unremitted to the government since 2004.
- NDLEA Seizes 340m Tramadol Tablets in 12 Containers [Daily Trust] The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has said it intercepted a total of 340 million tramadol tablets in 12 containers in Apapa Sea Ports, Lagos.
- Osinbajo Directs Julius Berger to Hasten Work On Ijora Bridge [Guardian] Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, said he has directed Julius Berger, the contractor handling the repair of Ijora Bridge in the Apapa area of Lagos State, to hasten work on the bridge and re-open it to traffic as soon as possible.
- Huawei launches AI integrated cloud in South Africa At the recent AfricaCom 2018, cloud-computing services of Huawei, announced the launch of the first AI-integrated public cloud offering for Africa. Huawei Cloud South Africa region will start providing cloud services at the end of this year, allowing organizations operating inside South Africa and its neighboring countries to access lower-latency, reliable,...
- tt100 business awards 2018 puts the spotlight on emerging business innovators The Da Vinci Institute’s 2018 tt100 Business Innovation Awards took place on Wednesday, 14 November at the Johannesburg Country Club. Under the theme, “Celebrating Leadership”, this year, 64 percent of the semi-finalists were emerging...
- Liquid Telecom partners Kymeta to deliver mobile satellite to remote locations in Africa Pan-African telecoms group Liquid Telecom has partnered with Kymeta in abid to extend its VSAT service. Kymeta’s lightweight, high throughput satellite communication systems will be integrated with Liquid Telecom’s satellite connectivity. This...
- Angola Cables, Broadband Infraco set on improving internet connectivity in Africa Multinational telecoms company, Angola Cables has announced that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Broadband Infraco. Broadband Infraco provides extensive regional long-distance network coverage and SADC connectivity. From a South African...
- Microsoft launches program to help tech startups This Global Entrepreneurship Week, Microsoft announced that it is launching Head Start, a startup accelerator aimed at helping South African startups get off the ground and grow their business. The main goal of the program is helping startups get what they...
- Fintech to solve financial exclusion in Egypt Egypt boasts one of the fastest-growing business markets in Africa. With that said,fintech is set to play a key role in providing basic financial services to the large pool of unbanked people. According to the latest report from Africa’s leading corporate...
- Nokia and rain to deploy 5G in South Africa Nokia has deployed its 5G site for the South African operator rain in time for the operator to launch 5G services. rain is in a unique position to offer 5G as they already have access to 5G spectrum. The full network deployment is set to start in the first...
- SACS Cable to expand connectivity in Africa via data centres Angola Cables is expanding its network reach and peering capabilities across the globe with an aim to become a major IP transit and MPLS player in sub-Saharan Africa. Boosting the connection is data centre provider, Teraco. Teraco has said that clients...
- Huawei launches open platform to facilitate AI development At the third Huawei Eco-connect Europe conference, Huawei launched HiAI 2.0, an open platform designed to facilitate the development of On-Device artificial intelligence (AI). HiAI is Huawei’s AI engine that aims to power applications on the new P20...
- The Spyro Reignited Trilogy is now available worldwide Spyro, the iconic purple dragon that entertained living rooms worldwide in the late ‘90s, is making an epic return with the release of Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Spyro Reignited Trilogy introduces players to a fully remastered game collection with a...
- Is social media stealing the power from telecoms operators? The non-stop growth of social media is threatening the future of African telecoms operators, with companies like Google now building their own networks instead of relying on the existing infrastructure, says Eckart Zollner, head of business development for...
- Vulnerabilities found in DJI Drone platform Check Point Software Technologies researchers outlined the process in which an attacker could have potentially gained access to a user’s account through a vulnerability discovered in the user identification process within DJI Forum, a DJI-sponsored...
- AfricaCom 2018: New mobile device makes internet connectivity affordable At the annual AfricaCom conference in Cape Town, the CEO of MTN Group, CEO of KaiOS Technologies Inc., Executive Vice President of China Mobile Communications Group Co., Ltd., and Executive Vice President of UNISOC announced a partnership to launch the...
- Why you should attend Digital Retail Forum 2019 Digital Retail Forum is set to take place on 30 January 2019, at the Hilton Sandton in Johannesburg, South Africa. Under the theme “Harnessing Digital Technology for Next-Level Customer Centred Retailing”, #DigitalRetailForum will draw hundreds of...
- Vodacom appoints new Managing Executive for IoT Africa Vodacom Group has appointed Peter Malebye as Managing Executive for Internet of Things (IoT) Africa Vodacom Group Business. Peter, who has almost 20 years of experience replaces Deon Liebenberg. Peter previously held the position of Managing Executive...
- Interview: Vox CEO highlights the importance of respect, accountability & efficiency Jacques du Toit is the CEO of Vox. Vox has, under his stewardship, not only grown its product and solutions portfolio but also its employee base. Du Toit believes that employees/staff are critical to the success of a business – irrespective of its size. ...