- NBS report: Former Osun HoS tackles Aregbesola over N147bn, $96. 35m debt portfolio
- Obiano inherited no debt from me as Anambra gov ―Peter Obi
- Lagos sets up Joint Tactic Squad to secure schools in riverine areas
- NPA takes over management of Agura hotels in Abuja
- We don’t want Modu Sheriff in our party, Borno APC cries out
- 40 year-old man imprisoned for defiling 4year-old girl/boy in Bayelsa
- NAWOJ tasks authority to stem exam malpractice in schools
- Public disturbance: Court rejects Sule Lamido application insist on jurisdiction
- Telecom base stations, not cause of cancer, other ailments ―NCC
- Ogun govt not owing teachers’ salaries ―NUT apologises
- Tier 3 Certification means our customers will enjoy quality services —Coker
- As FCMB partners FG to stimulate economic growth
- Nigeria’s oil revenue decline, capped oil output: Who is losing?
- Hadiza Bala Usman: Battling port rats, potholes, insecurity to increase revenue
- Nigerian Sovereign Investment and economic rejuvenation
- FAAN and the gains of executive order
- FAAN and the gains of executive order
- Tips for career success
- I put in 18 hours into my business everyday —Dangote
- Our product is getting better and cheaper for Nigerians —British Airways
- Annie Idibia celebrates 2face 42nd birthday
- Why I would love to work with Burna Boy —Bella
- Anambra governorship election: Age is on my side, I will win
- BON Awards: Jamila Nagudu, Omotola, others get nominations
- NCC seizes pirated works worth N926m in 8 months —official
- 2BaBa unveils #TheLagosDream Concert
- BBN 2017: Bisola debuts with ‘Water & Fire’
- Oyo to have film city soon —Arulogun
- Krizbeatz, SAAB walk against gender based violence
- Music is my life, I can’t do without it —Mistony
- 15% of cancers are infection-related —Expert
- Pain, major complaint in hospitals —Expert
- Malnutrition, reason for Nigeria’s increasing infant deaths —NSN president
- Cases of substance abuse leading to mental health on the increase —Medical expert
- Carrying heavy loads on head dangerous —Expert
- ‘Tetanus still a major problem in Nigeria’
- Physiotherapist stresses need for physical activity
- NARD Strike: Bauchi Teaching Hospital provides skeletal services
- Tetanus: Oyo to vaccinate 80% of women
- Doctors strike: Patients urge FG to resolve issues with striking doctors
- Govt Traces Biafra's Source of Funding to France [Leadership] Abuja -The federal government hinted yesterday that it has traced the financial headquarters of indigenous people of biafra (IPOB) to France.
- Court Strikes Out Charge Against Ex-Oil Minister [Vanguard] The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, on Wednesday, struck out a charge that indicted the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke to the illegal diversion of about $1.6billion from proceeds of sales of petroleum products belonging to the Federal Government.
- Govt Tracking Four Major Diseases Outbreaks [Premium Times] The Federal Government is tracking four major diseases out breaks in Nigeria, Health Minister, Isaac Adewole, has disclosed.
- Dangote Wants Oil Prices to Remain Low [Premium Times] Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote, said at the United Nations General Assembly in New York that he was praying for the global crude oil prices to remain low for a longer period to enable resource-rich countries turn to other sectors to grow their economies.
- Court Grants Injunction Denouncing Biafra's Activities [Premium Times] A Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday granted the Nigerian Government an interim injunction proscribing the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
- Africa Will Become the Food Basket of the World — Dangote [Daily Trust] In a packed room at the headquarters of global law firm Shearman and Sterling LLC high level business leaders and international diplomats invited by the Corporate Council for Africa to hear Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote, and Rwandan president Paul Kagame openly converse on Africa's opportunities and challenges.
- Over 30 Million Biafra Agitators to Go On Street - Youth Leader [Vanguard] Owerri -A community youth leader in Owerri Municipal Council of Imo state, Comrade Ifeanyichukwu Benwood, said Wednesday, that over 30 million pro-Biafra agitators will continue the demonstration.
- EU-Nigeria Trade Stands At 19.9 Billion Euros in 2016 - Official [Vanguard] Multilateral trade between Nigeria and European Union (EU) member states stood at 19.9 billion Euros in 2016, Fillippo Amato, the Union's Head of Trade and Economic Sector, has said.
- Islamic New Year - Two States Declare Public Holidays [Premium Times] The Osun Government on Wednesday declared Thursday, September 21, as public holiday to commemorate the Islamic New Year - Hijra 1439 AH.
- Lagos Third Most 'Stressful' City in the World - Study [Premium Times] Lagos, Nigeria's commercial centre, is the third most stressful city in the world, according to a study.
- Mainstreaming Good Governance Into Nigeria Tax Reform [Africa In Fact] This study seeks to shine the light on key governance issues in the Nigerian tax system and to isolate them for in-depth analysis. This, it is hoped, will provide a clearer evidence base for addressing them more concertedly within the broader tax reform efforts in the country. The fundamental purpose of taxation is to generate revenue effectively, efficiently and fairly to finance public services. Today, tax administrators in Nigeria are under intense pressure to collect every Naira of tax payable as gover
- Govt Inaugurates National Salaries, Wages Commission Board [This Day] Abuja -The Board of the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission was tuesday inaugurated by the Acting Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mrs. Habiba Lawal, on behalf of President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Emefiele Identifies Bottlenecks to Mortgage Financing [This Day] The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele has identified various bottlenecks hindering genuine investors and by extension free flow of funds into the mortgage sector.
- NASU, SSANU, NAAT End Meeting With Govt, to Suspend Strike [Premium Times] Activities may soon resume in Nigerian universities as striking non-teaching staff have accepted government's offer on their grievances.
- Court Formally Proscribes IPOB, Designates It Terrorist Organisation [This Day] A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has proscribed the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Nigeria, the South-east separatist group which has been agitating for the realisation of the Republic of Biafra.
- Top Five Banks Account for 47% of Industry's Impaired Credits [This Day] The performance of the Nigerian banking industry is largely dependent on the macroeconomic environment, as well as the performance of the top five banks, a report has stated.
- Govt Approves N450bn for Payment of Ex-Staff of Nigeria Airways [This Day] Abuja -The federal government has approved N450 billion for the payment of gratuities and other retirement benefits to the former staff of defunct Nigeria Airways.
- S'East Lawmakers Urge IPOB to Halt Activities, Say Group Not Terrorists [This Day] Abuja -Lawmakers of the South-east Caucus of the National Assembly wednesday asked members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to suspend all its activities as the former tries to court the parliament towards finding lasting solutions to the group's concerns.
- NNPC Begins Prospecting for Hydrocarbon in Sokoto Basin [This Day] Sokoto -The Nigeria National Petroleum Cooperation (NNPC) has said it has started the process that will lead to the exploration of oil and gas in the Sokoto Basin.
- At $56 Per Barrel, Crude Oil Set for Highest Gain Since 2004 [This Day] Crude oil headed for its largest third-quarter gain in 13 years as prices rose wednesday after the Iraqi oil minister said the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its partners are considering extending or deepening output cuts aimed at reducing a global supply glut.
- Govt's Move to Address IPOB Challenge Recieves Boost [Leadership] Abuja -A non governmental body advancing the cause of national unity, Project Nigeria First, has expressed support for efforts being made by the Federal Government governors of the south east to arrest the crisis ignited by the activities of the Independent People of Biafra.
- NNPC Intensifies Search for Oil in Sokoto Basin [Leadership] The Group Managing Director (GMD) of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Baru, said the Corporation has embarked on properly and professional exploration of crude oil in the Sokoto basin alongside all other inland basins in the country.
- Govt - IPOB's Finance HQ in France [Daily Trust] The financial headquarters of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is in France, Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, said yesterday.
- World Running Out of Antibiotics, Says WHO [Daily Trust] A report by the World Health Organisation has confirmed serious lack of new antibiotics under development to combat growing threat of antimicrobial resistance.
- Court Strikes Out Alison-Madueke's Name From $1.6bn Fraud Trial [This Day] Abuja -Justice Nnamdi Dimgba of the Abuja division of the Federal High Court Wednesday struck out the name of the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, in the ongoing trial of the Chairman of Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept (AEDC) Nigeria Limited, Mr. Jide Omokore, and five others standing trial over their alleged involvement in a $1.6 billion crude oil fraud.
- Dangote - We Should Pray Oil Prices Stay Low [This Day] Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote, has told a packed room in New York that he is hoping that oil prices will remain low to wean Nigeria away from its dependence.
- $1bn Oil Deal - EFCC Opts for Diezani's Trial in UK As Court Strikes Out Application [Daily Trust] A Federal High Court in Abuja has struck out the money laundering charges involving former Minister of Petroleum Diezani Allison-Madueke, which was brought alongside oil magnate, Jide Omokore and five others.
- Nigeria Has So Much to Praise God for, Says Osinbajo [Vanguard] The Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has emphasized the need for the citizens to constantly praise God as they had so much to praise Him for.
- Meet Klem, the Guy Behind Davido, Yemi Alade, Seyi Shay's Hit Songs [Vanguard] The name Klem or Ikemefunna Nwanbonye doesn't ring a bell to the average Nigerian music lover but hit songs like Sade by Davido, Yolo by Seyi Shay, Nackam by Yemi Alade, Applaudise and Gift by Iyanya are well-known songs.
- NNPC Begins Prospecting of Hydrocarbon in Sokoto Basin [Vanguard] The Nigeria National Petroleum Cooperation (NNPC) said it has started the process that would lead to the exploration of oil and gas in the Sokoto Basin.
- Interview: Smart classrooms to bring digital learning to South Africa Technological advancements in education can impact the quality of education as well as provide ways in which teachers engage and present lessons. It is clear that the future of education is going to change and schools will soon consist of virtual teachers with learners accessing education via videos, documents, audio podcasts or interactive images, which...
- What is the most popular smartphone brand in South Africa? Samsung has won the title hands down this year. They received 40% of the votes for being the best smartphone brand for 2017. This is according to the South Africa Mobile Report for 2017. According to the report, which conducted various surveys among 4993...
- Gartner Symposium 2017: Jeffrey Mann discusses Gartner’s Aspiring Innovator Programme As revealed by Gartner, the goal of the Aspiring Innovator Programme is to both support the African startup technology community, as well as provide delegates access to exciting new local technology providers. Selected by a team of Gartner research analysts,...
- How your phone use is affecting your health The amount of time we spend on the phone – either for business or personal use – can have a harmful effect on our overall health. The concerns about how posture and phone use influences well-being is not a new one, however, it has become a greater concern...
- Merck starts fourth round of Accelerator program in Nairobi Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, a science and technology company, has announced the new startups participating in its Accelerator program in Darmstadt, Germany, and Nairobi, Kenya. Although working separately, clear similarities can be identified between...
- Are we safe to bank on biometrics? For financial institutions, the primary goal of digitisation is making banking simpler and more intuitive for customers. Biometric identification has huge potential, offering convenience, simplifying password management and providing a frictionless...
- Preventing and Mitigating Ransomware with Cyber Situational Awareness If you’re familiar with mafia movies then you’re familiar with extortion – the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats. Extortion has been around for centuries – well before “The Godfather” or “Goodfellas.”...
- How employees can adapt to technological change Despite change in the workplace being a common occurrence, the pace of it has escalated significantly in recent months given the importance of digital transformation in business. How then can employees successfully adapt to it while still maintaining focus on...
- YouTube Go launches in Nigeria YouTube has revealed that the YouTube Go app, which was previewed at the recent Google for Nigeria event, is now available for Nigerians to download, according to a report by All Africa. The app is available for download from the Google Play Store. The app is...
- Gartner Symposium 2017: The changing role of the CIO Research firm, Gartner, revealed the results of their 2018 CIO Agenda survey at the 2017 Gartner Symposium on Tuesday 19 September 2017 in Cape Town, South Africa. The survey revealed insight into how the role of a CIO is rapidly changing as well as provided...
- South African teachers trained to develop digital personas South Africa’s Wireless Application Service Providers’ Association (WASPA) recently helped equip a group of local teachers with the skills they needed to create, safeguard and develop their digital personas. A digital persona is the personality one...
- How new IT models are changing the IT skills landscape and internal IT The data centre is in a period of rapid IT transformation as businesses are increasingly seeking competitive advantages in this digital era. At the centre of these IT transformations lie converged infrastructure (CI), hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) and...
- New Motorola models to launch in South Africa Lenovo, through its Subsidiary, Motorola Mobility, has announced plans to launch two new Motorola models the Motorola Moto G5S Plus and the Moto Z2 Play with JBL SoundBoost 2 Moto Mod in South Africa.The new models will be available in select Telkom stores...
- Gartner Symposium 2017: The digital transformation roller coaster The 2017 edition of the Gartner Symposium kicked off on Monday 18 September 2017 at the Cape Town, South Africa at the International Convention Center (CTICC). The four-day event was opened by Peter Sondergaard, the Executive Vice President at Gartner, who...
- BlueBorne Attacks: Tips to protect yourself and your Bluetooth-enabled devices Fortinet has urged caution regarding a new Bluetooth exploit, known as BlueBorne, that has been discovered to exploit a number of Bluetooth vulnerabilities, making billions of devices potentially vulnerable to attack. While there is no evidence that such...
- New mobile rewards app launched in South Africa Van Schaik Bookstore has enhanced its rewards programme with a lock-screen replacement android Rewards App. The app will offer student consumers rewards, freebies, deals and information, as well as free Wi-Fi and WhatsApp benefits. Van Schaik has also...