- AfDB President Adesina visits Ghana to strengthen cooperation
- Paris Club refund: Fayose, workers, others meet on sharing
- Buhari: I won’t join issues with Fayose —Oyegun
- Paris Club refund: Osun commits N5.1bn to salary, leave bonus, pension
- Osun communities protests against FG, demand payment of compensation
- APC exco upholds Banire’s suspension, recommends his expulsion
- Buhari’s spokesman hails Sen Adeleke’s victory
- Hajj: Oyo charges pilgrims to be good ambassadors
- NASS’ rejection of affirmation bill shocking ―Anenih
- Paris Club refund: Plateau confirms receipt of N5.64bn
- ATM: 50 years of retail banking automation
- Oniha: Dawn of a new era at DMO
- ETISALAT: A business romance gone sour
- Gains as CBN weaves monetary, fiscal tools to rescue a battered economy
- As govt braces up to enforce tax payment compliance
- Transforming the transport system in Lagos: The LAMATA example
- Stable electricity depends on FG, Discos, others’ cooperation
- Nwankwo leaves DMO with profile high as ever
- There is no reason for recession in Nigeria — Asatola
- Raising funds through sukuk: The prospects, the drawbacks
- How I want to break into the music industry —Young C
- Why Nigerian artistes run into problem abroad—Alex Ozone
- Femi Kuti blooming in his own turf at 55
- Ooni shower praises on Olubamiji over Canada award
- Small Doctor thrills fans as itel Mobile launches P51
- Norine, Diego in Wake Up call
- Twins Complex: Why the war between Wizkid and Davido may never end
- “Content is new crude oil,” said D’banj as he inks new distribution deal
- Wizkid, Damian Marley set for music collabo
- Ace drops video for Lati London, features Eniola Badmus
- Why we’ll uphold s*xual, reproductive rights of African youth —UNFPA
- Nurses charged to improve public confidence in the profession
- FG plans reduction in hospital bills
- Paris Club fund: NMA urges Aregbesola to pay arrears of doctors’ salaries
- Artificial sweeteners are linked to weight gain, not weight loss
- Ensuring a viable PHC our goal – Mamaye
- NB Plc, other donate neonatal equipment to LUTH
- Alcohol, smoking damage body’s immunity —Expert
- High rate of stroke worries experts
- FG convenes a National summit on PHC in August
- #BBOG to Mark 1,200 Days of Chibok Girls' Captivity [Daily Trust] The #BringBackOurGirls movement is set hold a special session to mark 1,200 days since 276 Chibok School girls were abducted from their school.
- Buhari Meets Seven Nigerian Governors in London [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has met with seven Nigerian governors who travelled to London on Tuesday.
- Soldiers Free Nigerian Oil Workers, Others Kidnapped By Boko Haram [Premium Times] At least seven people kidnapped by Boko Haram on Tuesday have been freed, an official has said.
- Adewole - Nigeria to Achieve Below 100 Maternal Mortality Ratio By 2030 [This Day] Abuja -The Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole has said that despite Nigeria's current rating as second to last country on the Maternal Mortality index scale in Africa, it is possible for the country to achieve a below 100 ratio by the year 2030 and 300 maternal mortality rate in 2018.
- Nigeria's Current Revenue Sharing Formula 'Illegal', Senate Declares [Premium Times] The Senate has called for a review of Nigeria's revenue sharing formula to give states and local government areas greater share than what they get in the current formula, which gives more to the federal government.
- Stakeholders Berate Underutilisation of Inland Waterways [Guardian] The need for optimal utilisation of the nation's inland waterways has been brought to the fore, as maritime industry stakeholders recount the huge loss of opportunities to underutilisation of the water resources.
- NCC May Sanction Telcos Over Call Masking, Summons Operators [This Day] The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), the telecoms industry regulator, has warned telecoms operators to desist from getting involved with call masking and call refilling on their networks, or risk sanctions.
- Nigerian Lawmakers Demand Identities of Patience Jonathan's Property Whistle-Blower [Premium Times] The House of Representatives has asked the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency for identities of informants whose tip-off led to raid on former first lady, Patience Jonathan's property.
- Senate to Change Name of Nigerian Police Force to Nigerian Police [Vanguard] The Nigerian Senate has pushed for the change of name from the Nigerians Police Force to simply the Nigerian Police. This is part of the recommendations in the 29 bills approved by the Senate in the ongoing Constitution amendment process.
- World Hepatitis Day - Know Your Status to Avoid Liver Diseases, Minister Urges Nigerians [Premium Times] Ahead of the World Hepatitis Day, Nigerians have been urged to know their hepatitis status towards preventing liver diseases and hepatitis-related deaths.
- Officer, 8 Soldiers Killed in Boko Haram Ambush [Daily Trust] Soldiers on reinforcement yesterday recovered the corpses of an officer and eight soldiers killed by the Boko Haram in an ambush Tuesday in Borno State.
- Govt Appoints Osakwe DG of Trade Negotiations Office [Daily Trust] The Federal Government has approved the appointment of Ambassador Chiedu Osakwe as Director General with concurrent designation as Chief Negotiator, Nigerian Office for Trade Negotiations (NOTN).
- Emir of Tsafe Dies At 62 [Daily Trust] Gusau -The Emir of Tsafe, also known as Yan' doton Tsafe, Alhaji Habibu Aliyu, is dead.
- Farmers, CBN Differ Over Agricultural Policies, Programmes [Daily Trust] Kano -Farmers from the north-western states have called on the Federal Government to review some of its agricultural policies and programmes with a view to encouraging commercial agriculture.
- Consumers' Optimism On Economy Soars - Data [Daily Trust] Nigeria's Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) soared by 2.1-points to stand at 64.8-points in the second quarter of 2017 in spite of recession.
- North Has 10 Million of Nigeria's 14 Million Smallholder Farmers - Expert [Daily Trust] Kano -A Kano-based media expert, Alhaji Abdulkareem Mohammed, yesterday stated that, out of Nigeria's 14 million small holder farmers of 20-24 age range, 10 million are from the North and that 5.3 million of the figure in the North West.
- How We Saved 20 Million Customers' Lines in 9Mobile Crisis - NCC [Daily Trust] The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) took the interest of investors, subscribers and employees of Etisalat into consideration to align with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in order to resolve the issues of Etisalat Nigeria (now 9Mobile) and the consortium of 13 banks.
- Open University Gets New Exam APPs [Daily Trust] The Vice Chancellor of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Professor Abdalla Uba Adamu, on Monday launched a newly introduced application for the e-Exam exercises.
- Osinbajo to Inaugurate U.S.$1.5 Billion Fertiliser Plant Today [Daily Trust] Acting President Yemi Osinbajo will today inaugurate a new fertilizer plant, built by Indorama Eleme Fertilizer and Chemicals Limited in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- 'MSMEs Clinic Capable of Diversifying Nigeria's Economy' [Daily Trust] The Director, Business Development and Operations, Jos Water Limited and Specialized Solar Limited, Engr Auwal Ibrahim, has said that the just concluded Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) business clinic, held in Abuja is capable of diversifying the Nigerian economy.
- Govt May Probe Utilisation of Bailout Funds By States - Oni [This Day] Abuja -The Deputy National Chairman (South) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Segun Oni, has said the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration may soon carry out a check on the utilisation of bailout funds by states to pay workers salary arrears.
- Nimasa Begins 24-Hour Turnaround Time for Issuing Debit Notes [Guardian] The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), has commenced a 24-hour turnaround time for analysing cargo manifests, and issuing Debit Notes to shipping agents, in compliance with the Presidential directive on the resumption of 24 hours port operations in Lagos ports.
- Giving Priority to Healthcare in Nigeria [This Day] Relative to most countries, Nigeria is still lagging behind in areas of healthcare and mortality rates. But a recent recipient of the Lifetime Achievers Award of NHEA and a seasoned haematologist, Prof. Ibironke Akinsete, believes there can only be positive change if the citizens and the government give priority to healthcare.
- Government Mulls Creation of U.S.$1 Billion ICT Company [Guardian] In efforts towards the fourth industrial revolution in Nigeria, there are plans by the Federal Government to establish a $1 billion Information and Communications Technology (ICT) firm.
- MDCN Inducts 164 Foreign Trained Medical, Dental Graduates [This Day] Abuja -Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) has inducted a total of 164 foreign trained medical and dental graduates, who sat and passed the April 2017 Assessment Examination set by the body.
- Italian Police Arrest Seven Persons for Forcing Nigerian Women Into Prostitution [Guardian] Italian police has said that seven people who lured Nigerian women to Italy "with voodoo rituals" and then forced them into prostitution have been arrested in Nuoro, Sardinia.
- Community Threatens to Sue Nnamdi Kanu Over Alleged Taboo [Guardian] Nri community in Aniocha Local Government Area of Anambra has threatened to sue Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, for alleged taboo in Nri culture.
- House Committee Embargoes NHIs Budget Pending Appearance of Health Minister [This Day] Abuja -The Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Health Services, Hon. Chike Okafor, yesterday disclosed the resolve of the committee and the position of the House to suspend budget consideration for the National Insurance Health Scheme (NHIS) pending the appearance of the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole.
- IPOB Does Not Have Right to Stop Anambra Election - Obi of Onitsha [Vanguard] The Chairman of Anambra State Traditional Ruler's Council and the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe, has cautioned the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, over its statement on 'No referendum, No election' in Anambra state, saying that no one has the right to stop the slated November 18, gubernatorial election in Anambra state.
- Navy to Establish Naval War College in Cross River [This Day] Calabar -The Nigerian Navy has announced that it has decided to establish a Naval War College in Cross River State.
- “To Remain Static Is To Lose Ground”- Datacentrix Showcase “Digital disruption is happening now.” This was the key message at the second annual Datacentrix showcase event which took place in Johannesburg on Thursday. The theme of the event was “the reality of singularity”, which looked at tackling the future of technology and the transformation that will result from its integration into...
- Zimbabwe: TelOne introduces “Alert Me” Services Zimbabwean telco, TelOne has introduced a data bundle management service, “Alert Me”; a service that allows customers to receive updates on their data balance and get reminders for recharging. According to the company, this is part of...
- South Africa: #HISA2017 set to lead digital healthcare conversation With evident success over the years, the 3rd edition of Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa (#HISA2017)- slated for 29 and 30 August 2017 in Johannesburg, promises to be the biggest to date; bringing together industry leaders and influencers including...
- Top 8 tips to consider when travelling with your technology Preparing for a long international trip usually involves lists, and adding technology to the long inventory for a holiday or business trip abroad can create unforeseen headaches. Mohamed El Aougri, sales director for Targus South Africa offers the following...
- Vodacom- Tackling Nigeria’s Healthcare Problems With IoT Lanre Kolade, Managing Director of Vodacom Business Nigeria, during a keynote speech at the Information Communications Technology and Telecommunications (ICTEL) Expo, 2017 organised by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry, highlighted the need for the...
- Why we intervened in Etisalat Nigeria crisis- NCC According to reports from Nigerian Communication Week, The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has revealed why it decided to intervene in the Etisalat Nigeria (now 9Mobile) crisis. The commission said they took the interest of investors, subscribers and...
- Buy Tickets To Nigeria’s Biggest Events on your mobile Creative Media Works, operating as BBM, has launched Event Tickets inside Discover with partner, Ariiyatickets. In the latest addition to BBM’s Discover offerings, the service allows Nigerians to browse for local concerts and events, and purchase...
- Kenya: Jamii Bora Bank Introduces Integrated Digital Banking Platform Jamii Bora Bank Limited (JBBL), a Kenyan SME lender has launched an integrated digital banking system to enable its customers conduct business online. Dubbed “DigiLife”, the platform allows customers to undertake online transactions, conduct mobile money...
- ‘Growth of data consumption is staggering in Africa’ – Alepo In an interview aimed at taking a deep dive into the current African telecoms landscape, IT News Africa spoke to Derrick Gross the Vice-President of Business Development at Alepo, a technology solutions provider. Alepo looks to make next-gen data...
- South Africa Qlik Master Reseller Sponsors HISA2017 South Africa Qlik Master Reseller, a leader in visual analytics has been confirmed as gold sponsor of Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa (#HISA2017). HISA2017 is set to take place on 29-30 August 2017 at Vodacom World in Midrand, Johannesburg. As the...
- Virtual cards offer financial inclusion for online payments in emerging markets Online shopping is becoming more popular. People shop online for Flowers, sneakers, food, diplomas – you name it. Except you can’t, if you don’t have a credit card. Two in three black teens in the USA make purchases online, so retailers are aggressively...
- Five Kenyan girls selected to take part in 2017 Google Technovation Five Kenyan girls, Stacy Owino, Cynthia Otieno, Purity Achieng, Macrine Atieno & Ivy Akinyi, are the only Africans selected to take part in the 2017 Google Technovation. Technovation is sponsored by Google, Verizon and the United Nations, and aims to...
- Online transport management startup disrupts SA freight industry Linebooker, an online transport management company that matches trucks with loads in Cape Town, is disrupting South Africa’s freight transport industry. According to the company, Linebooker has enjoyed an excellent five months since its official launch in...
- Software AG Awaits German Head-Office Response Amidst Gupta Kickback Furore Another week, another Gupta kickback allegation. This time it is German software giant- Software AG – being linked to the infamous Gupta family in leaked emails. According to amaBhungane and Scorpio, an investigative journalism site, leaked Gupta...
- Nigeria- NCC Reigns in Telcos over Call Masking Complaints According to a report by the Nigerian Communications Week, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has invited s telcos in the country to an urgent meeting to discuss an increase in call masking or call refiling. Call masking, which is illegal in...
- Africa Code Week to Scale Coding Literacy The Ministry of Basic Education in Botswana has partnered with SAP and trained over 400 local teachers to code, in a series of Train-the-Trainer sessions in preparation for SAP Africa Code Week 2017. The training sessions took place at Gaborone Senior...