- Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet, Says Former Speaker Na'abba [Vanguard] Last Sunday, the presidency came up with allegations of connivance by some businessmen, the police and other security agencies with the opposition to dislodge President Muhammadu Buhari from the presidency in 2019.
- Electoral Body to End Election Tribunals [Guardian] The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) will soon introduce some innovations for a free and fair election so as to end the use of election tribunals in the country.
- Rohr Warns Girls Not to Visit Super Eagles' Camp in Russia [Guardian] Super Eagles Coach, Gernot Rohr, has said that only wives and children of the players would be allowed into the team's camp during the World Cup in Russia. He gave the order yesterday while addressing a press conference in Uyo, where he thanked Akwa Ibom state Government and fans for their support and hospitality during World cup qualifiers.
- Corruption Allegations Against Obasanjo [Premium Times] As President Muhammadu Buhari and former President Olusegun Obasanjo continue to engage in a war of words over the past few days, PREMIUM TIMES has obtained a report of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission investigation into corruption allegations against Mr Obasanjo.
- Okocha Didn't Make My Son - Iwobi's Father [Vanguard] Success for many, has many friends, as not a few people would love to be associated with a successful name, brand, person or in the football world, a star player, who is making waves, posting chart-bursting performances and hitting the marks, week in, week out.
- Delta Police Warns Ipob, Others [Guardian] The Delta State Police Command has warned the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) against disturbing the peace and stability of the state during the forthcoming May 29 Democracy day.
- Military Slams Amnesty International Over Rape Report On Troops [Vanguard] The Nigerian Military has denied the report by Amnesty International accusing soldiers and members of the Civilian Joint Task Force, JTF of raping women and girls at IDP camps.
- Joint Health Sector Union Confirms Receiving Court Order [Vanguard] The Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) on Saturday confirmed receiving an Order of Interim Injunction from the National Industrial Court (NIC) compelling it to immediately resume duties.
- Lagos Trade Fair Complex - Crisis Looms At International Centre for Commerce [Vanguard] Serious crisis looms at the multi-billion naira International Centre for Commerce, ICC, at the Trade Fair complex, Lagos following cries of alleged mismanagement of funds and high handedness being levelled against the Board of Trustees in connivance with the leadership of the Balogun Business Association, BBA, that owns the centre.
- Nigeria, Others Renew Pledge to Win Fight Against Corruption [Vanguard] Nigeria and other African countries at the Africa Day 2018 in New York renewed their commitment to win the fight against corruption so as to advance sustainable development on the continent.
- Former Kogi State Gov's Wife Opens Recording Studio [Vanguard] Former Kogi State First Lady, Faridah Wada, has called on youths across the country to shun all forms of violence and prioritise skills acquisition for a better future.
- County Going Down, Now Being Used As Bad Example - Jonathan [Premium Times] Former President Goodluck Jonathan has advised Nigerian leaders to make personal sacrifices in the bid to strengthen the nation's democracy and make the country great.
- Don't Leave Lagos Alone to Tackle Developmental Challenges, Say Ambode, Duke [Guardian] Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode and former governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke have raised alarm over the danger of abandoning Lagos State to shoulder the developmental challenges posed by incessant migration from all parts of the country.
- 2-Year-Old Lone Occupant Escapes Death As Car Somersaults in Lagos [Vanguard] A two-year-old child escaped death by the whiskers yesterday, after the car in which he was abandoned by his mother, somersaulted into a 20ft gully in Magodo area of Lagos.
- Governance Is for Serious Minded People - Akinbade [Vanguard] A governorship aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Osun State, Alhaji Fatai Akinbade, has said he would not only put a halt to the payment of half salaries and pensions but would ensure their full restoration.
- AfDB Says It Backed African Countries in 2017 With U.S.$7.7 Billion [Premium Times] The African Development Bank (AfDB) said on Thursday it disbursed about $7.7 billion in 2017 towards the pursuit of programmes to effectively support African countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- On Africa Day - Who Has Taken Up the Mantle of Pan-Africanism? [allAfrica] Pan-Africanism -- the liberation of Africans through regional cohesion and solidarity -- has played a crucial role in shaping the continent's development.
- Changing the African Narrative Through Social Media Platforms [The Conversation Africa] Social media platforms are providing Africans with an opportunity to counter negative stereotypes by giving them representational agency.
- UN to Honour Three Fallen Nigerian Peacekeepers [Premium Times] Three fallen Nigerian peacekeepers will be honoured, among others, in commemoration of the International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers, the United Nations (UN) has said.
- Amnesty International's Report Must Not Die - Group [This Day] Abuja -A group, Plan International, has called for a thorough investigation into the allegations of gross human rights violations levelled against the Nigerian military by Amnesty International (AI) in the conduct of their activities at the Internally Displaced Persons' camps in the North-east
- How Nigerian, Cameroonian Soldiers Mistreated Us in Camps - Victims [Premium Times] Women who live in refugee camps after surviving Boko Haram attacks have narrated how Nigerian and Cameroonian security officials maltreated them.
- Kingsley Moghalu Picks Party for 2019 Presidential Election [Premium Times] Former deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Kingsley Moghalu, has chosen to run for president next year on the platform of the Young Progressive Party (YPP).
- Bodo Community Claims Win Over Shell After UK Court Ruling [Premium Times] A British judge ruled on Thursday that Nigeria's Bodo community, which has been involved in a protracted legal battle with Shell over the clean-up of two 2008 oil spills, should retain the option of litigation for another year.
- Take Care of Your Homes, Buratai Advises Soldiers' Wives [Leadership] Mrs Kalsum Buratai, wife of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, has advised wives of soldiers fighting in the North East to take proper care of their homes.
- Why 2019 Election Would Be Another Mess [Leadership] Except for the December 12, 1959 Nigerian Parliamentary Election, every other national election in the country has been plagued by fraud. The streak of electoral fraud runs from council elections to the presidential. The 1959 election, which ushered in self-rule, was largely satisfactory to the parties, not just because the First Republic politicians felt anything could go so long as the British departed, rather it derived hugely from the fact that it was handled by the departing colonialists, who, though
- Presidency to Critics - Check the Facts, Nigeria's Economy Growing [Leadership] The Presidency has said some people have made it a pastime to talk as if there is no silver lining in the sky as far as the Nigerian economy is concerned.
- Five Looks and Attractions of Northern Nigeria [Leadership] Many visitors have dismissed the stereotypical believe that Northern Nigeria is riddled with violence and terrorism alone. Indeed, such single story ideas are far from the truth, as northern Nigeria, in its entirety, has a lot to offer in terms of culture, festivals, tourism, rich history and beautiful sites. From beautiful palaces, to the rich Durbar festivals, the food, hospitable people and scenic sites and destinations, northern Nigeria is an adventure waiting to be explored. Here is just a tip of the
- Women Lawmakers Meet Buhari, Demand Osinbajo's Seat Come 2019 [Vanguard] Abuja -Women lawmakers in the country have pleaded with President Muhammadu Buhari to concede the slot of the Vice President to them in subsequent elections in the country.
- Reggae Musician Alleges Xenophobic Attack By Lucky Dube's Band [Leadership] For many who don't know Nigerian iconic Reggae star, Ben Priest, he has been a leading voice with the late South African reggae musician and messenger, Lucky Dube for years before his demise after he was killed by his own people on the street like a common street urchin.
- NDLEA to Curb Drug Abuse Through 'Special Raids' in FCT [Vanguard] The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), FCT command says it is poised to curb drug abuse and trafficking among youths in the territory through "Surprise Raiding Strategy" (SRS).
- Online mentoring consultancy helping African students get a dream college offer Crimson Education an online mentoring consultancy that helps build high school students’ candidacy to apply for overseas universities has opened offices in South Africa. Crimson was started by two high-scholars Jamie Beaton and South Africa-born Sharndre Kushor in 2013 is currently operating in 17 cities around the world including South Africa....
- South Africa gets first drone insurance product Briisk Limited has provided the technology to launch South Africa’s first fully digital drone insurance, Drone Covered. The first-to-market insurance, underwritten by Transact and Protect Insure (TPI) and insured by Mutual and Federal Risk Finance, is...
- Free home renovations and maintenance app launches HomeFixer, a free mobile App that puts users in touch with tradesmen, service providers and companies involved in the home improvement industry has been launched. assists users in finding rated service providers using its location functionality, while also...
- “Bring Your Own Device” can transform your workspace and boost productivity Technology is making workspaces and work styles more flexible and collaborative by the day. Cutting edge personal devices continue to infiltrate the workplace and with cloud computing and superior Internet connectivity, the idea of working from anywhere is...
- Opportunities for SA SMEs to progress digital innovation projects South African SMEs can now achieve their business growth objectives, through an industry partnership that delivers advanced digital innovation projects, free-of-charge. Digital Skills Academy, a premier industry provider of online BSc Degree in digital...
- South Africa: MTN and Cisco Launch IoT Services MTN and Cisco has on Wednesday, 23 May 2018 announced the availability of the Cisco Jasper Control Center automated IoT connectivity platform for companies looking to provide IoT services to their customers on MTN’s mobile network throughout South Africa....
- Interview: Riccardo Spagni co-founder of a new open source blockchain South African cryptocurrency expert and lead maintainer of the Monero project Riccardo “fluffypony” Spagni has co-founded a new open source blockchain protocol named Tari. Tari is being built as a blockchain protocol for managing, transferring, and using...
- 10 tech podcasts to start listening to right now Podcasts are becoming more and more popular as a medium of entertainment. “What are podcasts,” you ask. Podcasts are a series of audio files made available online. Reminiscent of old radio, they have all the appeal of a talk show or a television...
- Fake Facebook sites account for 60% of social network phishing in early 2018 In the first quarter of 2018, Kaspersky Lab’s anti-phishing technologies prevented more than 3.7 million attempts to visit fraudulent social network pages of which 60% were fake Facebook pages. The results, according to the Kaspersky Lab report, ‘Spam and...
- Facebook launches NG_Hub in Lagos As part of its commitment and ongoing investment in Africa, Facebook today unveiled NG_Hub in Lagos, Nigeria – its first flagship community hub space in Africa, in partnership with CcHub. In a week-long celebration which will bring together developers,...
- Lenovo Yoga 720 review: A solid convertible When it comes to laptops, Lenovo always delivers the best. This is evident with the stylish Lenovo Yoga 720, an elegant, convertible 2-in-1 machine with full 360-degree smooth and reliable rotation, as well as a solid build quality. The device can switch into...
- WATCH: World’s First 100 Gbps Wireless Transmission Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) has successfully demonstrated the world’s first 100Gbps wireless transmission, using a new technology that already surpasses the upcoming 5G standard. This is the first time OAM multiplexing has been used...
- Fintech hackathon to support South Africa’s entrepreneurs Xero, a global online accounting software has launched a national competition, to put South Africa’s growing fintech industry firmly on the map. Launched with Amazon Web Services, the virtual hackathon will enable the region’s technology entrepreneurs to...
- Drones to monitor progress of Gauteng service delivery projects The Gauteng department of infrastructure development has launched a programme using drones to monitor the progress of projects across the province. The initiative launched on Monday in Etwatwa‚ Ekurhuleni‚ demonstrated the uses of drones with the nerve...
- Supply Chain is the new weak link in business security 2017 saw a worrying increase in ransomware and other cyberattacks targeting the supply chain, with the business and professional services sector receiving a significant increase of attacks, particularly in the EMEA region, which saw 20% of all attacks...
- The future of property technology The opportunities of the internet are set to open many doors for estate agents to think outside the box when selling property. As technology continues to drive new ways for property sellers and buyers to interact, the market is slowly progressing toward a...