[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - How can ordinary good people get involved in Politics?

How can ordinary good people get involved in Politics?

Postby Richard Akindele » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:56 pm

Does Nigeria's political spectrum consist of only the elite? Do you have to be rich to be taken seriously as a political contestant within a particular political party?

My conviction is that Nigeria has a lot of good people capable of making the country better. However, considering how dirty and expensive politics is in Nigeria, such good people may not have the courage to step forward as contestants.

The bad elements who want to do the country harm via stealing, seem to predominate in our system.

Let me hear your response. My hope is that perhaps by talking about these things, young educated ones among us would learn that they can actually contest for political office without being wealthy first.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby nancyfernandez » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:12 am

Politics may play vital role in our society.Some of the politicians misusing this field so that people suffer a lot but at the same time some good people involved to improve our country status.

===========================================

nancyfernandez

[url= Auctions[/url]
nancyfernandez
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby lexdino » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 am

Its the truth concerning the politics here in Nigeria :cry: . Credibility is not the utmost priority for winning an election instead it depends on how much a contestant is willing to lash out. :x
I think this is one of the major causes of the high amount of revenue embezzlement by the government because even if a politician was having a good intention for the country, after lashing out millions or even billions of Naira to get into an office, his next move will be to recover the "investment" he "invested" and after recovering it, why not just continue? :twisted: who cares? :P are others not doing it? :lol:
lexdino
Nairaland Junior

Re: How can ordinary good people get involved in Politics?

Postby amnestyinternational » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:19 pm

[quote="admin"]

My conviction is that Nigeria has a lot of good people capable of making the country better.[/quote]

This is what stood out for me - Off course Nigeria have a lot of innocent people that are primarily affected by the decisions that are being made by those who believe themselves to be in power. Hopefully you all have seen posts ive already made in this forum.
amnestyinternational

Return to Politics