[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - Wealthy people are happier...

Wealthy people are happier...

Sometimes it's tough to fit a particular topic under available categories. If this applies to you, then post that topic here.

Wealthy people are happier...

Postby Richard Akindele » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:45 am

Are wealthy people happier than regular folks? By regular folks, I don't mean poor people who can't afford to feed themselves. Also, when I say wealthy people, I'm referring to people who got rich by legitimate means, not embezzlers.

My view is that, I doubt it that wealthy people are happier for the following reasons...

I think rich people work longer hours. The longer you work, the higher you stress level.

Rich people often have more responsibilities, and more challenges to deal with. They may also sleep less for the same reason.

Rich people often have a big home, most likely at the outskirts of town. What that means is that you have to drive longer to get home. Longer drives equate to higher anxiety and stress.

Also, in a place like Nigeria where only a few people are wealthy, once friends and family become aware of your financial status, everybody is going to begin crawling out the woodwork with their money problems for you to solve. Unfortunately, you're going to have to turn many of them down, making enemies in the process. The more enemies you make, the less happy you become.

Depending on what city you live in, you may not be very safe from burglers breaking into your home, and possibly doing you and your family some harm.

I'm sure you've heard the expression, money doesn't buy happiness. Do you agree?
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Return to General Topics