[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - Medical, Legal Bills - I'm Truly in Trouble - Alamieyeseigha

Medical, Legal Bills - I'm Truly in Trouble - Alamieyeseigha

Have you been to Nigeria lately? Share any experiences of burgelaries, armed robberies, fraud, etc.

Medical, Legal Bills - I'm Truly in Trouble - Alamieyeseigha

Postby Richard Akindele » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:23 pm

My medical bills are piling, and as each day passes, I wonder who is going to pay if I am going to pay, then I am truly in trouble."

With these words, Former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha yesterday expressed his frustration with the current trial by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He also denied sponsoring violence in the Niger Delta region, an allegation levelled against him by EFCC. The commission had last Friday opposed Alamieyeseigha's bail application at a Federal High Court, Lagos on the ground that his release would further strengthen the Niger Delta militant groups unleashing violence in the area.

It also dismissed report of Alamieyeseigha's deteriorating health claiming that a report from the University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan Oyo State, said, he was in a stable condition.

But Alamieyeseigha in a statement titled "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death" from his hospital bed in Lagos dismissed the allegations saying he was preoccupied with his rising legal fees and medical bills.

Said he: "But here I am, trapped on a hospital bed with unresolved cardiac issues, denuded of resources and the capacity to be the master of my own destiny.

"As I lie here, I am unable to meet the expensive legal bills foisted on me by the many strategies of those who prosecute me, he noted.

He asked "Why do I need to sponsor violence? Am I not the one who, leading patriots and like minds, intervened over and over again in the Niger Delta crisis, until we were able to secure an armistice with these same militants? While in office, did we not guarantee the safety of oil workers and installations for six and a half years?"

He explained further that if he is not a man of peace, the wide-spread anarchy and violence he is alleged to be sponsoring now would have been of strategic value during his controversial impeachment and not now that he has lost it all.

Alamieyeseigha said these allegations would have been laughable if they weren't so grave. "How can I be responsible for the swirling anger of the people of the Niger Delta, which since the days of Isaac Boro has found expression in actions such as we see today? He stated.

He added that everyone witnessed the statements of one of the militant groups endorsing his impeachment and ensuing public flagellation during his crisis".

Daily Champion.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Alamieyeseigha Lied, Say UK Police

Postby Richard Akindele » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:55 pm

The British Metropolitan Police have reacted to a statement last week, by former Bayelsa State Governor Diepreye Alamieye-seigha that the police facilitated his escape from the UK where he was standing trial for alleged money laundering.

The former governor, in his response to the Federal Government's objection to his application for bail has also alleged that the Metropolitan Police gave him US$3,000 and also took him to Cote d'Ivoire from where he gained entry into Nigeria.

But reacting to the allegation in a message to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Detective Sergeant Robert Ingram, expressed shock over the allegation and stated that the London Police neither gave him any money nor took him to Cote d'Ivoire.

Ingram maintained that the former governor and his wife, Margaret, who was similarly arrested over money laundering offences, jumped bail after they were given conditional bail.

He described as completely untrue, the allegation that the metropolitan police aided him to escape, saying "the comments regarding being taken to the Cote d'Ivoire are a fabrication".

The detective officer stated that part of the bail conditions given to the accused former governor were to report and sign every day at Paddington Green Police Station, London, but that he breached Section 7 of the Bail Act 1976, by jumping bail.

According to him, sequel to his escape last November, a warrant of his arrest was issued on December 12, 2005 by the District Judge, Bow Street Magistrates Court, London, while a request for his extradition was made by the British Government.

This Day.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Return to Crime in Nigeria