[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - It Seems Rather Quiet On Here

It Seems Rather Quiet On Here

It Seems Rather Quiet On Here

Postby drrionelli » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:08 pm

I've been coming here for a brief while, now, but it seems that it's often rather quiet. This is a very easy site to navigate and, certainly, there are many who would have an interest in it, one would think. And, clearly, the administrators participate with zeal.

I'm hoping, in the near future, to spend some extended time here to view as many of the posts as possible. Surely, I'll be responding to some. I'm hoping that more people will be led to visit and participate as this site seems to be under-utilized with respect to the potential that it holds.
drrionelli
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby fw12 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:08 pm

The site is under-utilized indeed. As is the case with similar forums, it appears that most registered users are merely onlookers.

I've noticed that the founder is a hi-tech guy more inclinded toward advancing technology in Nigeria. Nothing wrong with that. However, to pique everybody's interest, the topics have to be varied across the board.

drrionelli, you can also break the stalemate by asking questions of interest. BTW, I haven't seen your name on http://www.nairaland.net/forum/games/dots.php :) Not your cup of tea?

At the end of the day, the site just needs better exposure to score a shot in the arm.
fw12
Nairaland Junior

Postby drrionelli » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:19 pm

Hello, fw12!

My apologies for not replying sooner, but "real" life has kept me from "cyber" life for the past few days!

I would like to say that I am very appreciative of your taking time to reply to my postings. You and the administrator have been quite thoughtful in that regard.

As you suggest, it might behoove me (and generate traffic to the site) to bring up questions that would stimulate discourse. When it comes to things Nigerian, that won't be difficult for me! I'm afraid there's much I don't know about the country and its people (either indigenous or abroad).

I'm still around, however, and will be more so in the future!
drrionelli
Newbie@Nairaland

Return to Chatterbox