[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - guys

guys

guys

Postby sima » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:59 pm

why do guys have more intrest on the physical development of a lady

rather than what in her :?:
sima
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby drrionelli » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:54 pm

First of all, let me say "Welcome!"

Now, as to the preference of us males for the physical as opposed to the inner beauty of women, don't you think that such a statement is a bit general and perhaps somewhat stereotypical? And, I ask that with all due respect, as we are each entitled to our respective opinions, of course.

Surely, you would agree that it is not the least bit wrong to enjoy the beauty of women or anything else in this life. And, if I may say it, pulchritudinous persons are a particular delight. Would you not agree?

Nonetheless, you are right. What is inside is far more important than any exterior things.
drrionelli
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Richard Akindele » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:09 am

Your question is brilliant. I don't think anybody can answer it definitively.

I think it all boils down to caring about what people think of us. Our whole human existence rests on what other people say about us. Some people may disagree with me, but if one thinks carefully about that statement, it's actually true.

Why do we prefer an expensive Benz over a cheap Lada? After all, they both get us from point A to point B?

Why pay for expensive clothes where a cheap attire will do? After all, they both cover our body the same way.

By the same token, why do we care more about the physical attributes, than the personality of a woman?

My answer is that we care what people think of us.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby fairykarma » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:09 am

It's a psychological reaction. Beautiful people are valued more. Even if an "ugly" girl was charming, intelligent, and a perfect match for me, I'd probably still go for the beautiful girl. I do it because I worry constantly about my image.
fairykarma
Newbie@Nairaland

Return to Education