[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - Nigerian Men and Relationships

Nigerian Men and Relationships

Anything related to love and relationships...advice, questions, help, experiences...

Nigerian Men and Relationships

Postby searching for answers » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:27 pm

As of right now I'm utterly confused and extremly hurt. Here's the story in a nut shell. I'm an American girl raised on the East Coast, I would say that I have been exposed to various types of cultures and people. One type of person I've just recently experienced is a Nigerian man. We instantly hit it off and it was like we knew each other for years. We had talks about getting married and things that we were going to do together in the future.

Everyone that I meet that was close to him liked me off the bat as well, things seemed like they were working out fine. Now I find out that he has another girlfriend and he tells me that he didnt know how to tell me. He say's that he loves me and things just began to pile up. I didnt see this comming at all, I just want to know is this a cultural thing, where Nigerian men think that its ok to have two women in different countries.

I'm just seeking some insight on this whole situation from a Nigerian's perspective. Please help, I'm open to all opinions.
searching for answers
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby brevia » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:01 am

Cheating is universal. Blame the individual, not the country.

Count yourself lucky that you caught him before you tied the knot. Now do yourself a favor and dump him for good. They say once a cheater, always a cheater. If you choose to ignore that wisdom, you'd only have yourself to blame later.
brevia
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby AmerikanOmoge » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:08 am

I think brevia rite...it not cultural...
AmerikanOmoge
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby BARBADEMMY » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:26 pm

Well it depends on individual, here in nigeria some people welcome the idea, while other dont. some see it as opportunity to flirt around without thinking about feelings.
anyway you are lucky to know early enough, just decide on what you want, but not all nigeria are the same. "individual differencies" it happen everywhere! take heart.
BARBADEMMY
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby sikiratadeola » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 pm

so sorry dear, i know it painful but just tankz God that u were able to know before its too late. All you need to do is to dump him and move on with your life cos how are youn sure dat his girlfrds are not more than just one. take heart gurl
sikiratadeola
Newbie@Nairaland

Return to Romance: Dating, Marriages and Divorces