[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
nairaland.net • View topic - why do men like light skinned girls?

why do men like light skinned girls?

Anything related to love and relationships...advice, questions, help, experiences...

why do men like light skinned girls?

Postby Richard Akindele » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:56 pm

why do men like light skinned girls, what is it about light skinned women, that turns them on?
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby beyunce » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:23 am

I guess every one as his or her own fantasy or let me say wat dey want.

they are some people dat like very fat girls.

it only depends on da sense of hurmour
beyunce
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby bettyboop » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:11 pm

I wonder about this too, i think it boils down to the racial history , colonialism and how our people were made to feel that being black or dark skinned was not attractive, and over the years its just trickled down from generation to generation , and these days there are not many positive representations of darkskinned people in the media. take for instance ads for beauty and cosmetic products, like skinned models are almost always favoured to the dark woman.

I find it sad that we have all bought into this twisted way of thinking, and i mean both men and women. Most men finding the light skinned woman more attractive, the instant attraction is there. Women want to change their skin tone buying into the belief that light is best. Bleaching their skin and all sorts. I am very light skinned we all are in my family, not that i am not happy with who i am far from that, but sometimes i see some Gambians, or ghanians and say i wont mind being as dark as that, that lovely lush black smooth skin, i love it. Wish all black people would love thrie colour bcos we have so many different tones, its so beautiful.
bettyboop
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Richard Akindele » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:05 pm

I think there is a direct parallel between skin color and general advancement. Blacks in general are less progressive compared to whites, and this has generally worked itself into our subconscious that blacks therefore must be somehow inferior.

The problem is not just limited to Nigeria. The Chinese are extremely racist against blacks. Same thing with Mexicans, Russians, etc. A woman gives birth to a "light skinned" baby, and you'd often hear something like "que blanco".

I think my theory above is correct, because if you look at wealthy athletes/entertainers in America, they are not viewed as black. Instead, they receive the utmost respect wherever they go.

If blacks can start to be as progressive, the current skin color stigma will disappear.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby bettyboop » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:11 pm

Totally disagree with you taotally. are you black? and how can you say blacks are less progressive? you are basing this on colour , how do you draw such relations.

Who said successful atthletes or entertainers are not seen as black? where do u get this from? totally untrue and misinformation and to say your theory is correct is a bit conceited if i may say. alot of these starts experience racism you know.

besides your topic was why men prefer light skinned girls.
bettyboop
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Richard Akindele » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:42 pm

Name 12 of the most technologically developed nations in the world that are 100% black.

Patting yourself on the back doesn't make you more patriotic to blacks. Instead, you've got to say it like it is. Blacks in the world are not very progressive. We're always playing second fiddle around the world.

Also, when I say celebs are not seen as blacks, it's true. I hang out with these celebs frequently, and I see the way they're treated, compared to regular blacks. If you're going to argue about this point, make sure you've got facts to support your utterances.

[quote]besides your topic was why men prefer light skinned girls.[/quote]
So, you'd prefer that we don't talk about it?
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby bettyboop » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:08 am

Naming 12 or 20 most technological developed black nations is not the issue at all and kind of point less the facts speak for themselves, bcos these countries are not technologically advanced is not becasue of the colour of our skin, there are some european countries with not so great developments.

I beleive in saying it like it is , your points though valid in some cases is not quite relevant to the topic raised and that is where i drew my conclusions. we are not very progressive you say, in what ways? we know lots of countries are struggling but how is that down to the colour of our skin? Is it not down to attitudes, some cultures(i.e corruption) and dogmatic approach to governance? yes we play second fiddle in some cases, sometimes circumstances can not allow one to soar so to speak.

I still disagree with you saying black celebs are not seen as black, right back to the days of dorothy dendrige, who was mixed raced, Her mainly white circles did not wholely accept her. Right to today,many come on the oprah show,the likes of Vivica fox, star jones, and A lister like denzel washington and Bill cosby have said in Essence magazine, stating how race is still an issue in the industry. So i dont know the circle you say you belong, and the celebs you know , who you claim say are not seen as black. If they do then someone is telling lies.

You ask for facts, well can you substantiate ur claim of hanging out with black celebs who are not seen as white? bcos i find this hard to believe unless those celebs are being lied to.

yes is said your topic was '' why men prefer light skinned girls''

i said this becos i am now dizzy from talking about one topic and then another one is being introduced within thesame breath, when we could just discuss this and keep it simple. I appreciate you had a thread of thought there, it would have been better off as a new topic. It is very interesting though, of course we should talk about this, but i dont want us contradicting ourselves.

Look forward to chatting again :idea:
bettyboop
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Richard Akindele » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:35 am

I asked for black nations that are progressive, you couldn't name one. Rather, you quickly dispell it as unimportant. Of course, it's important. It's important because it answers the question you asked me about why I said blacks aren't progressive.

Again, if you don't agree with me that blacks aren't progressive, give me one nation that is 100% black and progressive. This is simple enough, right?

Of course there are white nations that are just as poor as black nations. But why isn't there a single black nation that is progressive?

When I say celebs aren't seen as blacks, I'm saying that it's not the color of your skin that people disrespect, as you notably alluded to in your messages. Rather, it's the degree of progress that your race has made in the world. Successful celebs are viewed differently, therefore, they enjoy the adoration and adulation of many more people, than ordinary blacks do.

I appreciate your example of celebs who say they're still experiencing racism. Sure, there are people who hate you for the color of your skin, no matter your societal status. Those are the exception, not the rule. In general terms, well to do blacks are in a class of their own. That's the bottomline.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby bettyboop » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:21 pm

ok i am enjoying this debate so to speak, still we have not addressed the topic, you a guy, so why do some men find light skinned girls more attractive? i gave my take on it before the the other issues were raised but we still have not gotten to the nitty gritty of why the question is.

i still disagree with your notion that some celebs are not seen as black or watever.....by the way when you say my race , do i take it you are of a different race?
bettyboop
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby XSi » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:29 pm

I disagree, I lyk girls dark in complexion and i don't get carried away by toned skins. lai lai.

I try to imagine a babe in both colours, if she doesnt fit in black then she's not wot she thinks she is, and if she's toned or bleached -> nah, i'm turned off.
XSi
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Richard Akindele » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:18 am

[quote="bettyboop"]

i still disagree with your notion that some celebs are not seen as black or watever.....by the way when you say my race , do i take it you are of a different race?[/quote]

The question about how celebs are viewed has been unequivocally answered. What you choose to ultimately believe is up to you.

When I said "Rather, it's the degree of progress that your race has made in the world.", I was using [b]your[/b] not to refer to you personally, but it was used in general terms. This mode of writing is always a source of confusion for a lot of people, and I wonder why. Instead of [b]your race[/b], I could have used [b]one's race[/b]. Kabish?
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby Richard Akindele » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:20 am

[quote="XSi"]I disagree, I lyk girls dark in complexion and i don't get carried away by toned skins. lai lai.

I try to imagine a babe in both colours, if she doesnt fit in black then she's not wot she thinks she is, and if she's toned or bleached -> nah, i'm turned off.[/quote]

Would you say you're discriminating when you say you prefer a certain complexion?

I don't know why the world is so obsessed with color. I guess we all just need something to dislike.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby bettyboop » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:58 am

Xsi

Hiya,
Your preference is your preference, and i totally respect that.

I still wonder if anyone would shed some light as to why they prefer light skinned girls and overly discriminate against dark skinned girls, i know it their preference but some people i know opendly state that they just find some girls too dark, why do they think like this ? is interesting to me.

@Admin
I have a good undestanding of writing styles , but i wanted to be clear exactly what you meant now that you explined why you used ''your'' in the sentence its all cleared up. Not a big deal. You did not answer my question though? are you black? just out of interest , i am in no way prejudice , far from it and have no sisnister reason for asking , just getting to know you better and where your opinions and ideas stem from.

Pls some one shed light on why men prefer light skinned girls..no pun intended
bettyboop
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Richard Akindele » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:55 pm

[quote="bettyboop"]

@Admin
You did not answer my question though? are you black? just out of interest , i am in no way prejudice , far from it and have no sisnister reason for asking , just getting to know you better and where your opinions and ideas stem from. [/quote]

Are Nigerians black? ;)

[quote="bettyboop"]
I still wonder if anyone would shed some light as to why they prefer light skinned girls and overly discriminate against dark skinned girls, i know it their preference but some people i know opendly state that they just find some girls too dark, why do they think like this ? is interesting to me.[/quote]

I wonder the same thing too as to why skin tone matters so much.
I think it's a natural human instinct.
We accuse whites of being racist, yet we're more racist among ourselves. Isn't that something?
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby bettyboop » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:09 am

No not all Nigerians are black. My (godfather)My dad's friend, is white and Nigerian born and bred. :wink:

i dig you though. :D
bettyboop
Newbie@Nairaland

Next

Return to Romance: Dating, Marriages and Divorces