[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - The Trial of IBB (i)

The Trial of IBB (i)

The Trial of IBB (i)

Postby fw12 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:38 pm

Certainly the on-going trial of Mr Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), Nigeria's former military President and dictator, by the Nigerian civil society, or, if you like, in the Court of Public Opinion, amid a palpable stillness and suspense, is, above all, a re-affirmation that oft-repeated saying that the ultimate sovereignty resides with the people.

Some of the charges include his alleged involvement in the murder via a letter bomb, of Mr Dele Giwa, a frontline Nigerian investigative journalist, institutionalization of monumental corruption in Nigeria, dragging Nigeria into the membership of Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), annulment of June 12 election, sqaundering of about 12 billion dollars Gulf oil windfall etc. Some of the aforesaid charges appeared in a full-page advertorial entitled: Babangida? Never Again, published in The Guardian of August 17, 2006 by a group that operates under the name, Citizens For Nigeria. The same group claims it owns and manages the website, www.againstBabangida.com

http://allafrica.com/stories/200609130490.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2006 This Day.
fw12
Nairaland Junior

Return to Politics