[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - 'I'll Launch Nigeria Into Nuclear Tech'

'I'll Launch Nigeria Into Nuclear Tech'

'I'll Launch Nigeria Into Nuclear Tech'

Postby Richard Akindele » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:06 pm

A United States of America- based Presidential aspirant, Gram Osborne, has vowed to initiate Nigeria into the club of countries with nuclear energy powered technology if elected into office.

He said he will soon storm Nigeria to canvass for support and drive home his manifesto, which is a basket of hope for all citizens irrespective of religion or zonal affiliation.

Osborne, owner of Osborne Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia, also promised to advance the educational sector with high-tech vocational training that will enable youths to be skillful and resourceful before graduation.

"Today, we have our youths with universities degrees on the streets of Nigeria, they still cannot find jobs. I will not allow this trend to continue any more in Nigeria.We shall begin the process of exporting our new human skills to the world, and for use at home," he said, adding that he has submitted all necessary documents in readiness for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) primaries.

He said though he is from the South-south geo-political zone, his motive for contesting goes beyond the zoning system.

"My intention to contest the Presidency is known in the United States and within the Current Administration," he said.

The Consulate General of Nigeria in Atlanta., "A stamped copy of my letter of Notification to Run for the Presidency of Nigeria -2007"-was filed and stamped as received ,with the National-Secretary of the PDP-Party in Abuja on 12/13/05. The National Publicity-secretary of the Party was also informed." he said.

Speaking more on the type of nuclear energy he seeks for the country, Osborne said that it is peaceful. His words: "The interest of the world is vested in this case and it's time to get very serious because it will improve our common goal".

On his rating of the present administration Osborne said that the next president will retake the course again because they should have drawn up their contract with Nigeria when they were re elected; and then move together as a team to accomplish this together. "But because they failed to do this,the two executive officers(Obasanjo and Atiku) failed as a team."

He promised to establish administrative due process during his tenure in order to forestall any failure in administration.

Describing himself as one of the best politicians in US Osborne said that he has a very solid machinery on ground to actualise his ambition at home and that other presidential aspirants are already aware of his coming.

"Trust me, the People already know of my coming.Those who want to be president already know of my-coming also. A good general knows of his or her fears." he affirmed.

He urged all electrical companies operating in Nigeria to make sure that they have site-plant for him to see immediately after taking office to implement his nuclear programme.

Speaking on the perceived division in PDP, Osborne maintained that the party is in good shape adding: "I contributed greatly in the background in helping to make sure that there is unity within the PDP in USA -successfully. This time, is the Home-Front."

This Day.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby Richard Akindele » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:17 pm

Anybody who promises to launch Nigeria into Nuclear technology will not get my vote.

Of all the problems that Nigerians are facing today, nuclear technology is what comes to somebody's mind?

How about addressing real issues like running water, hunger, stable electricity, phone line in every home, environmental health issues, corruption in government, good healthcare, etc.

The above are just a few of the urgent problems plaguing our nation today, and none of them can solved with nuclear power.

How smart is it to plan toward nuclear power, when we all know the problems associated with the disposal of nuclear waste?

If the idea of developing nuclear power is to supply electricity, then I'd rather prefer the development of solar power. Solar power is 100% clean, and free of charge once the solar generator has been built.

Do not vote for this candidate. He's out of touch with Nigeria's immediate needs.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Nigeria set to join race for peaceful nuclear technology

Postby Richard Akindele » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:54 am

Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo said Monday Nigeria was now set to join the race for the attainment of nuclear technology for peaceful application.

Speaking at the inauguration of the board of the Energy Commission of Nigeria, Obasanjo said Nigeria would use its nuclear capability to enhance electricity generation and improved agriculture.

He said with the inauguration of the board which he chairs, Nigeria was on the march to successful commissioning of its first nuclear plant in the next 10 to 12 years.

"It takes about 10 to 12 years from project conception and planning to the actual commissioning of a nuclear power plant project," he said, pointing out that Nigeria was determined to achieve this.

"This time frame is an international benchmark, and with all sincerity, we shall mobilize the necessary resources needed to achieve it," he said.

While noting that the country would adhere strictly to the international benchmark, Obasanjo said, "Today (Monday) marks day one in the time line of our national nuclear electricity program."

"By the inauguration of the board of the Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission, we have activated the focal point and specialized agency of government, which will serve as the vehicle mandated by law to promote, coordinate and streamline the implementation of our national nuclear energy program," he added.

Obasanjo said the nuclear power industry was highly regulated and governed by a myriad of laws, adding that necessary measures had been taken to align the country with the rest of the international community.

"Acquisition of nuclear technology is a sensitive and delicate issue, and as such it requires cooperation and support from the international community," he said.

By its actions on the nuclear program in the past, Obasanjo said, the federal government had presented Nigeria as "a credible and reliable player within the international community."

In particular, he said, Nigeria had earned the confidence of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and guaranteed unimpeded technical cooperation with all other countries within the framework of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) to which it was a signatory.

"I wish to further affirm that Nigeria's aspirations for the acquisition of nuclear technology are for purely peaceful applications and that we are unequivocally committed to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT)," he said.

Source: Xinhua
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Return to Politics