[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - Boko Haram and suicide bombers

Boko Haram and suicide bombers

Boko Haram and suicide bombers

Postby Richard Akindele » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm

The phenomenon of suicide bombing, where somebody is convinced to strap a bomb to himself, and detonate it in a crowd, seems to be worsening. This was something alien to Nigeria, until about a year ago. Now it's taking place with regularity, while the perpetrators walk away with impunity.

Everybody's attention is focused on the group, Boko Haram as the culprit. Indeed it is to blame.

But must we lay 100% of the blame on the radical Islamic sect? Could other factors be contributing to this kind of radicalism? I happen to think so.

It is a well known fact, that thieves at the top of the Nigerian government are stealing the nation's wealth for themselves. Nigeria, one of the wealthiest nations on the planet, is being robbed blind by white collar criminals in government.

This has created widespread poverty among the citizens, which unfortunately is only getting worse each year.

Who are suicide bombers? They're usually very poor people who have been promised a better life in heaven. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt you would find a wealthy person volunteering to blow himself up.

In my opinion, if embezzlers in government can quit stealing, and allow the nation's wealth to be parleyed into developing the country, our per capita income would rise. It would then be tough for Boko Haram to recruite suicide bombers.

Consider this fact,

Average per capita income in Switzerland - $65,000/year.
Average per capita income in Nigeria - $1,200/year.

How many suicide bombers are there in Switzerland? Zero. Life is too sweet in Switzerland to die. Need I say more?

Two solutions exist to the Boko Haram menace...

- Split the country into two: North and South, as Sudan did recently,
or
- Fix the country for a higher standard of living for the people.

Until one, or both of the above measures is taken, terrorism will continue unabated.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Boko Haram

Postby spicedboggy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:08 am

Naa boko haram....and the goverment cannot do anything so long as they no go interfere with their corrupt affairs. If Boko haram was in niger delta, the goverment would do everything at it's disposal to stop them and punish them, because they would be interfering with the oil there which many governments and especially that of Abacha has profited for years. Yar'dua promised to bring peace, but his presidency was short-lived.
Goodluck Jonathan promised the same thing, but nothing is happened up to now.
God save Nigeria.
spicedboggy
Newbie@Nairaland

Return to Politics