[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - Marwa commences presidential campaign June 24

Marwa commences presidential campaign June 24

Marwa commences presidential campaign June 24

Postby Richard Akindele » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:30 pm

The former military administrator of Lagos state, Brig.-Gen. Buba Marwa, will on June 24 flag off his presidential campaign.

The Director, Media and Publicity of Marwa's Campaign Organisation, Mr Bola Bolawole, who announced this at a news conference today in Lagos, said that the event would hold at the Eagle Square in Abuja.
Bolawole said that the 52-year-old Marwa, also a former governor of Borno state, would contest on the platform of the PDP.

He said that top members of the PDP and his friends from all walks of life, including representatives of Nigerians in the Diaspora, would attend the launching.

Source : UPI

Admin's commentary:

Haven't we had enough military leadership woes in Nigeria?

I think it's time we take governance in Nigeria in a different direction. The problem, as I see it, with the military being politicians, is that they often move in the direction of totalitarianism, giving orders without adequate discussion, and expecting full compliance without question.

We need a better system in Nigeria where the people's voice actually counts for something.

In my opinion, the military should do what they do best, protect Nigeria. Let's leave presidential aspirations to real politicians.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Return to Politics