[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
nairaland.net • View topic - New to the site

New to the site

Introduce yourself.

New to the site

Postby Mr. Burpee » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:58 am

Hello all,

I'd like to first of all thank Mr. Admin for creating a site where intelligent discussions can be tackled. Before officially registering, I came by quite often to read the responses to topics. I have to say the forum is well thought out. I think the option to watch live T.V. is a fantastic idea and I do hope some Nigerian channels will add themselves to the mix.

I have a question to ask though, how does one get sound when watching the channels? I know it's not my computer as the volume is cranked all the way to the highest.

Mr. Burpee
Mr. Burpee
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Richard Akindele » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:23 pm

Welcome to the site Mr. Burpee.

No, it's not your computer. My Live TV streaming project stopped short of adding audio. Time has not permitted me to revisit that issue. However, now that I know somebody is actually interested, I'll try one of these days to get to it.

Meanwhile, I've put a note on the TV window about a lack of sound.

Having Nigerian TV stations online would be neat. In fact, that is the reason behind the demo I put up. But so far, no takers.

I hope you will increase your participation level, and also tell your friends about nairaland.net.
Last edited by Richard Akindele on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby drrionelli » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:07 pm

Welcome, Mr. Burpee! Pleased to have you aboard, sir! :D
drrionelli
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby makamiyaki » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:34 pm

hi peeps ..I just popped in...Can I get an applause?
makamiyaki
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby drrionelli » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:21 pm

Hi, makamiyaki! I'll do better than just mere applause, I'll afford you a [i]standing [/i][i]ovation[/i]! How's that?!
drrionelli
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby fw12 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:57 am

makamiyaki, I'm curious about your screenname. How did you come up with it?

Let me guess, it's Hausa...
makami-yaki
makami means position...
yaki means war.

Also, how do you feel about the fact that your state, Lagos is the 7th largest city globally? Is Lagos a very crowded place?
fw12
Nairaland Junior

Postby lexdino » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 am

How did i come about the name Lexdino! :D :lol:
lexdino
Nairaland Junior

Postby fanlynne » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 am

Hello,i am new here,glad to meet you here,hope to know more about you...........
fanlynne
Newbie@Nairaland

Return to New Members