[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
nairaland.net • View topic - tryin to learn pidgin english...

tryin to learn pidgin english...

Introduce yourself.

tryin to learn pidgin english...

Postby AmerikanOmoge » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:07 am

i'm tryin to learn pidgin english...i have look at babawilly & other web sites...but I want to understand the foundation of it...if you u can help let me know... :D
AmerikanOmoge
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby fw12 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:08 pm

The best way to learn pidgin is to chat with Nigerian friends.

Pidgin is not standard. The Igbo speak pidgin quite differently from Yoruba, while Hausa have their own words and intonation.

In any event, if you search for [b]nigeria pidgin english[/b] on google, you should come up with something.
fw12
Nairaland Junior

Postby AmerikanOmoge » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:18 am

Thank u luv...thats why i came to the website...to chat with people...
AmerikanOmoge
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby brevia » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:32 am

Have you ever visited Nigeria?

If you ask people how to say things in pidgin, it'd be easier to assist you.

To start you off:

English:
How are you?

Pidgin:
How you dey?
How una dey (plural).
brevia
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby AmerikanOmoge » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:34 am

never been there...but i have a few friends from Lagos...they have taught me what i know like the Yoruba word in my name...what hard for me...pronunciation...different people use the same word differently...how sentences are put together...when i read it i can sabi wetin dem talkin about...no sabi when dem speakin pidgin...if i sabi mo Yoruba will it help me?
AmerikanOmoge
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby lexdino » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:08 am

how about this, what is wetin? :D translate. :lol: :D
lexdino
Nairaland Junior

Re: tryin to learn pidgin english...

Postby spikky » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:42 am

:roll: i think the best way is to listen to others speak the language and try asking what the wordings means.
spikky
Newbie@Nairaland

Return to New Members