Welcome. Nairaland for Nigerians & Friends.
||Nigerian Statistics Monitor
|2000 ||2019 ||Change ||2050
|123,945,463 ||200,962,417 ||62.1 % ||391,296,754
|Population by state|
|4||Abuja ||3,000,000 |
|Top Nigerian Universities|
|1||University of Lagos - Lagos|
|2||University of Ilorin - Ilorin|
|3||Ahmadu Bello University - Zaria|
|4||Obafemia Awolowo University - Ile Ife|
|5||University of Nigeria - Nsukka|
|6||University of Ibadan - Ibadan|
|7||Covenant University - Ota|
|8||Federal University of Technology, Minna - Minna|
|9||Landmark University – Omu - Aran|
|10||Rivers State University of Science and Technology - Port Harcourt|
|Country - infections (deaths) (recovered)
|Health care for just N350/month
SOSO CARE is a new micro health insurance selling at just N350. With N350 monthly payment, you can access care at any of our 991 partner hospitals in all states for treatment up to N220,000. With our mandate to cover millions of Nigerians, we have received support and validation from UN Habitat and World Bank. To learn more about SOSO CARE visit our https://sosocare.com/ OR call our office 08163471359.
- Tag: deer Similar to findings in the United States, the deer showed no evidence of clinical signs of disease, and were all apparently ...
- Real Madrid Meet Sociedad As Liga Challengers Aim To Reduce Gap Real Sociedad will attempt to halt Real Madrid’s march away from La Liga’s chasing pack on Saturday in a battle of first ...
- 'Trust the process' - A Ralf Rangnick disciple advises Manchester United's stars "That will benefit both Ronaldo and the team in the end." Nigeria striker Chinedu Obasi was recruited from Norway to ...
- Biden Opens Winter Battle Against COVID-19 Amid Omicron Concerns US President Joe Biden announced Thursday a winter campaign against Covid-19, with new testing requirements for travelers and ...
- OPEC+ To Increase Output In January Despite Omicron Jitters Major oil producers decided Thursday to keep raising output levels in January, despite the Omicron coronavirus variant raising fresh questions over demand. The OPEC+ alliance led by Saudi Arabia and ...
- Gbajabiamila Optimistic About Nigerian-South Korean Parliamentary Friendship Group The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has expressed optimism about the inherent gains in the Nigerian-South Korean Parliamentary Friendship group. Hon Gbajabiamila’s optimism ...
- DR Congo Struggles With COVID-19 Vaccine Push A year ago, the world kicked off one of the greatest initiatives in medical history: the rush to vaccinate Earth’s human ...
- Tag: Lebanon Crisis Pope Francis said Thursday he was “greatly concerned” over the situation in Lebanon, which is mired in its worst social and ...
- Male intern sexually harassed by female boss At first, I thought she was just being nice because I was still green in the field. Then she started making sexual comments ...
- Five Cases Of Omicron Variant Confirmed In New York The state of New York has confirmed five cases of the coronavirus Omicron variant, Governor Kathy Hochul said Thursday, ...
- South Korea tightens social distancing to fight latest COVID-19 wave SEOUL >> South Korea is tightening recently relaxed restrictions on social gatherings as it grapples with its worst wave of ...
- Body of Nigerian woman who died in Cote D’Ivoire prison arrives country today The body of a Nigerian woman who died in a Cote D'Ivoire prison, Ms Itunnu Babalola a.k.a Becky Paul, arrives Nigeria on ...
- Vietnam Police Smash $3.8bn Cryptocurrency Ring Vietnamese police have smashed a huge cryptocurrency ring worth around $3.8 billion, state media said Friday, as authorities battle rampant illegal gambling in the country. Fifty-nine people were ...
- CAFCC set for thrilling Sunday The CAF Confederation Cup is set for thrilling do-or-die action on Sunday 5 December, with most of its 16 playoff round ties set to be decided across the continent with second-leg matches.
- ‘Everything Dennis touches turns to goals’ – Watford’s Rose hails Nigeria striker after Chelsea goal Watford defender Danny Rose sings praise of Nigeria striker Emmanuel Dennis after he scored his sixth Premier League goal ...
- Lagos Digital Summit has inspired the birth of similar Digital Gatherings across Nigeria – Adewale Adetona The Lagos Digital Summit (LDS), a conference established in 2017 to harness the constant innovations in a fast-paced digital ...
- I Thank God For Making Me A Mother – Funke Akindele Nollywood actress Funke Akindele has expressed the joy of motherhood after visiting her kids’ school. The actress sends her ...
- Court Orders DSS To Allow Nnamdi Kanu Maximum Comfort, Practice His Faith In Detention The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has ordered the Department of State Services (DSS) to allow the leader of the proscribed IPOB group, Nnamdi Kanu to have maximum possible comfort while in their ...
- Germany donates 5.16m COVID-19 vaccine doses to Nigeria Germany has donated a total of 5,164,643 doses of COVID-19 vaccines to Nigeria over the past seven weeks. The most recent ...
- Voodoo: sinister religion, or misunderstood faith? The Yoruba of southwestern Nigeria also embraced Vodou. Slaves Voodoo, spelled variously as Vodou, Voudou, Vodun, Voudon, or ...
- Virgin Australia Partners with Link Airways to Restart Sydney-Canberra Services Virgin Australia will resume flights between Sydney and Canberra from 30 January 2022, with more than 50 services available ...
- Sanwo-Olu: I Will Walk With Anyone Promoting Peace, Says Segun Awosanya Olu, had proposed a Peace Walk, as … Continue reading Sanwo-Olu: I Will Walk With Anyone Promoting Peace, Says Segun Awosanya ...
- More Awareness Needed for Non-Interest Financial Instruments in AfCFTA - Anatogu There is a need for more awareness of how non-interest-bearing financial assets can support the African Continental Free ...
- Tag: Libya Court A court in southern Libya on Thursday reinstated Seif al-Islam Kadhafi, son of slain dictator Moamer Kadhafi, as a candidate in next month’s presidential election, Libyan media reported. He had lodged ...
- 16-Year-Old Arrested With Revolver Pistol In Adamawa (Photo) - The police in Adamawa state have apprehended a 16-year-old boy, Sunza Samuel, for being in possession of a revolver pistol, IgbereTV reports. A stateme...
- Don Davis: Deeper Life School Principal, Other Accused Persons Remanded In Prison Custody - Principal of the Deeper Life High School where a student identified as Don Davis was allegedly molested and abused, has been rema...
- Court Awards Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor N50M Over Home Invasion By Security Agents - Ifeanyi Ejiofor, lead counsel of the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has stated that a Federal Hig...
- Akpugo Leaders Celebrate Gov. Ugwuanyi For Pioneering Development In Their Community - …As governor inaugurates privately-financed road project The people of Akpugo in Nkanu West Local Government Area of Enugu State ...
- JUST IN!!! Pastor Kidnaps Rev. Father In Imo State - The Imo State Police Command on Thursday paraded a suspected 35-year-old, Pastor, Izuchukwu Anoloba, of Apostolic Church of Christ in Eziama Osuama, Isiala Mbano Local ...
- 3 Ebonyi Children Bag Scholarships From SHELL For Excellent Performance In NECO Examination - No less than three Ebonyi Children have been awarded scholarship by Shell Petroleum Company of Nigeria for their excellent perf...
- Federal Govt Has Learnt Nothing From #EndSARS Protests - Say Utomi, Anya, Others - A former presidential candidate, Prof. Pat Utomi, Prof. Anya O. Anya, Chief Dele Momodu, Chief Ayo Opadokun, Prof Ngozi Ezeilo, Prof. Pat...
- Senate rejects N323m productivity allowance for NAFDAC workers - The Senate Public Accounts Committee, on Thursday, raised a serious objection to the productivity allowance being paid to staff of the National Agency f...
- Why I Set Up Almajiri Schools – Jonathan - Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has explained why he set up almajiri schools in the North, IgbereTV reports. He also said several Nigerian governors were not...
- Buhari, Obasanjo, Governors Mourn Second Republic Senate President, Joseph Wayas - President Muhammadu Buhari has condoled with the family of former Senate President, Joseph Wayas, 80, on the passing of the legislator, wh...
- HIV-related illnesses kill 49,000 Nigerians in 2020′ - Stakeholders in sexual and reproductive health response in Nigeria have expressed concerns over the low prevalence of female condoms among women in the country, h...
- Nigeria’s security trauma will be over soon — Osinbajo - A lot of the security challenges we experience in Nigeria today will be resolved in due course, IgbereTV reports. “This country will be stronger and gr...
- Current Leadership Has Created Mistrust Among Nigerians – Na’Abba - A former speaker of the House of Representatives, Ghali Na’Abba, has expressed concern over the spate of distrust in the country, saying the curre...
- 2Face's Babymama, Pero Adeniyi Blasts Linda Ikeji (Photos) - 2Face Idibia's babymama, Pero Adeniyi has blasted Linda Ikeji for cropping her first child out of a family photo shared on the Instagram page of Linda Ikeji's b...
- JUST IN!!! I'm Committed In Building A Stronger United Nigeria - PDP’s Presidential Aspirant, Anyim - Former Senate President and Presidential Aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim has ...
- Woman Gifted 100k by Pastor Plus Church Offering Beaten to Pulp by Husband(Photos) - Woman Gifted 100k by Pastor Plus Church Offering Beaten to Pulp by Husband 😭😭 | #IgbereTV Moved by compassion and led by the ho...
- Funke Akindele Visits Children’s School For Christmas Play - Nollywood actress Funke Akindele-Bello has expressed appreciation to God for making her a mother after an emotional scene during a Christmas play at her child...
- Kunle Afolayan Releases Trailer For "A Naija Christmas" - The exciting trailer for Netflix’s first Nigerian comedy Christmas film, “A Naija Christmas“, produced and directed by Kunle Afolayan has now premiered, Igbe...
- Father Of Ooni Of Ife's Baby Mama Speaks After His Daughter Accused The Monarch Of Being An Absentee Dad - Oladapo Olatunbosun, father of Omolara Olatubosun who has a daughter for the Ooni of Ife Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, say...
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Pregnant Women Same Day (Photos) - A man identified as John Erere Nana is set to marry two pregnant women on the same day in Delta state, IgbereTV reports. According to the wedding invite, ...
- Nigeria to assess revival of Ajaokuta steel mill with Russian support: minister S&P Global
- MTN Nigeria shares shed 10% after IPO pricing Reuters
- Boat carrying Nigerian students capsizes, killing at least 29 CNN
- COVID-19: Nigeria should be ready for more variants, if…. — Experts Vanguard
- Nigeria failed state under Buhari- Na’Abba, CNG Vanguard
- Surge in Cooking Gas Prices in Nigeria Worries Suppliers, Environmentalists Voice of America
- Traveller who visited Nigeria tests positive for Omicron variant in France Guardian
- Agribusiness CEO shares lessons from building ventures in Nigeria, Zambia and Rwanda How we made it in Africa
- Nigeria: Waiting for Nigeria's Madam President AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- How to deepen Nigeria’s democracy — US envoy, Falana, Ekpu, others Vanguard
- BAT yearly export from Nigeria to 14 Africa countries hit $110mn Vanguard
- Nigeria recruits churches, mosques to speed up mass vaccinations Yahoo News
- Nigeria ranks 9th, needs $1.1bn for humanitarian assistance in 2022 Guardian Nigeria
- United Airlines returns to Nigeria, starts new nonstop service between Lagos, Washington DC Premium Times
- Wayas contributed immensely to Nigeria’s political devt —Gbajabiamila Vanguard
- Ohuabunwa Harps on Equity, Fairness to Guarantee Nigeria's Future THISDAY Newspapers
- Nigeria AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- Nigeria’s security trauma will be over soon — Osinbajo Vanguard
- Economic Cooperation, Key for Nigeria's Development, Says EU THISDAY Newspapers
- More efforts needed to tackle SGBV in Nigeria — Aisha Buhari Vanguard
- EXCLUSIVE: Nigeria's Secret Police, DSS Spends N500million On Each Nnamdi Kanu's Court Appearance SaharaReporters.com
- Nigeria: Jigawa State distributes over three million treated nets to vulnerable populations ReliefWeb
- MBS Sports acquires Ligue 1 broadcast rights in Nigeria Premium Times
- 'My reign as 'Face of Nigeria' will change how people see beauty queens' NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
- US policies on Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Covid in Africa come under fire in Congress The Africa Report
- The ghost of #EndSARS looms over Nigeria’s democratic authoritarianism The Punch
- Nigeria: Jailbreak AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- Nigeria: FOU 'A' Seizes N2.8 Billion Expired Drinks, Cannabis, Other Items AllAfrica.com
- Sadiq Adebiyi: New Wakefield Trinity signing flying the flag for Nigerian RL in Super League Sky Sports
- 5G: Nigeria qualifies three bidders for 3.5Ghz spectrum auction Premium Times
- Dennis is not normal, Ranieri hails Nigerian The Punch
- Presidential Steering Committee crucial to success of Nigeria’s COVID-19 response — Mamora The Punch
- Michelle Alozie: Nigeria building for Women's Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers BBC News
- Why Nigeria hasn’t been united – Jega, Fayemi The Punch
- We must prioritise our re-creation over Nigeria's restructuring —Akinbile, founder, Sufi Centre NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
- Nigeria: Davido, Mr. P Emerge Winners of Nigerian Social Media Awards AllAfrica.com
- Nigeria: Abuja Agog As Tiwa Savage Storms Hustle & Bustle AllAfrica.com
- Borno, Osun, Kogi lead dirtiest states – Clean-Up Nigeria The Punch
- Nigeria revenue may crash further as OPEC forecasts supply glut The Punch
- ‘Only Nigeria, Tanzania complying with IPSAS in Africa’ The Punch
- Nigeria: 55 Million Youths Living in Abject Poverty AllAfrica.com
- Info Management, Others Central In Overcoming Nigeria's Challenges – Gbajabiamila Channels Television
- Polio this week as of 01 December 2021 ReliefWeb
- Nigeria: 35 Suspected Oil-Pipeline Vandals Arrested in Akwa Ibom AllAfrica.com
- Basketball: Nigeria gets deadline for NBBF election Premium Times
- Two million metric tons of rice smuggled into Nigeria annually – Senate committee Premium Times
- Nigeria’s second-tier racism, disease in the heart The Punch
- NNPC Signs MoU with GACN and Nigeria's Nasarawa State to Engage States on Gas Usage Energy Capital & Power
- NDDC will now sponsor students to Nigerian universities, instead of abroad – Official Premium Times
- 31 million PLWDs suffer as 23 states neglect disability rights Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria: Lagos TUC Condemns Poor Labour Practices By Private Sector AllAfrica.com
- Data protection, constitutional in Nigeria ― Pantami Vanguard
- Direct Remittances Drops By 62.4% to U.S.$1.96 Billion In 10 Months [This Day] Latest data by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has revealed that total direct remittances from Nigerians in Diaspora dropped by 62,4 per cent to $1.96 billion in 10 months of 2021 from $5.21billion it recorded in prior year's 10 months.
- Waiting for Nigeria's Madam President [Premium Times] We live in a world that is transforming, where norms are disrupted at the speed of light. However, a dimension of disruption that I still look forward to - the transfer of presidential power to the womenfolk.
- Surge in Cooking Gas Prices in Nigeria Worries Suppliers, Environmentalists [VOA] Abuja -- Abuja resident Freda Igri was preparing to make her native afang soup for her family, but her cooking gas tank was empty.
- Govt Releases Photos of Wanted Inmates [Premium Times] Some 262 inmates escaped from the facility on November 28, but the interior ministry said only 10 of them have been recaptured.
- Horrifying' Escalation of Attacks and Abductions of Schoolchildren [AI London] Nigerian authorities are failing children as at least 61 children in northern Nigeria remain in captivity months after their abduction during mass attacks on schools, Amnesty International said today.
- Kaduna to Dismiss, Prosecute 233 Teachers for Fake Certificates [Premium Times] The Kaduna government says the teachers will be referred to the Ministry of Justice so they can be prosecuted for forgery.
- #EndSARS White Paper - How We Arrived At 'Massacre' Conclusion - Lagos Panel [Premium Times] The panel said 13 petitions relating to deaths and injuries, including amputations and multiple fractures from the Lekki tollgate were received, heard and believed, upon full hearing.
- Again, Boko Haram Abducts 15 NGOs Staff, Motorists Along Damboa-Chibok Road [Vanguard] Maiduguri -- Barely few hours after the Boko Haram sect, suspected to be ISWAP group, abducted six staff working with Borno State Ministry of Work with snatching of three trucks and a Hilux van along Chibok-Damboa Road, another 15 people, mostly passengers and motorists, were kidnapped along the same road.
- Court Adjusts Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Date [Premium Times] The IPOB leader's trial was originally adjourned till January 19, 2022, after his defence team staged a walk-out on the judge on November 10.
- Population Commission to Conduct Second Census Test-Run in Bayelsa LGs [Vanguard] The National Population Commission (NPC) has trained field officers for a second census test-run in 12 designated Enumeration Areas in four local government areas in Bayelsa.
- Nembe Oil Spill - Leaking Wellhead to Be Contained in Few Days, Says Aiteo [This Day] Bayelsa -- Aiteo Eastern Exploration and Production Company (AEEPCO), operator and joint owner of Oil Mining Lease (OML) 29 has expressed optimism that the leaking Wellhead in the Santa Barbara South field, Nembe, Bayelsa State, would be finally contained in the next few days.
- Finally, Emirates Reinstates Nigeria/Dubai Route, Commences Flights Dec 5 [This Day] After 10 months of suspending flight to Nigeria, Emirates has announced that it would resume passenger operations between Dubai and Nigeria from December 5, 2021.
- Amnesty International Urges Govt to Probe Killing of Two Policemen in Anambra [This Day] Abuja -- Human rights group, Amnesty International (AI), has condemned the killing of two policemen in Anambra State.
- Economic Cooperation, Key for Nigeria's Development, Says EU [This Day] The European Union (EU) Ambassador to Nigeria and Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), Samuela Isopi has advised the federal government to develop a suitable investment framework as well as consultation mechanism with investors.
- Bridging Payments for Petrol Continues, Says Midstream/Downstream Authority [This Day] Abuja -- The Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) yesterday said it would continue to process claims for bridging of petrol to ensure product availability nationwide.
- Gender-Based Violence - Aisha Buhari Seeks Special Court [Daily Trust] First Lady Aisha Muhammadu Buhari Thursday called for establishment of a special court to handle cases of gender-based violence.
- 200 Violence Survivors, Others Receive N4m Grant in Sokoto [Daily Trust] The wife of Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State, Dr Mariya Tambuwal, has given grants to 200 survivors of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and people living with special needs. Mrs Tambuwal noted that the gesture was meant to cushion their suffering.
- CBN Flag-Off 5,676 Hectares of Wheat Farming in Bauchi [Daily Trust] The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in collaboration with Wheat Farmers, Processors and Marketers Association of Nigeria (WFPMAN) yesterday flagged off the pilot Wheat farming loans to 5, 676 farmers in Warji Local Government of Bauchi State to boost wheat production.
- Why I Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan [Daily Trust] Former President Goodluck Jonathan Thursday said his administration built the almajiri schools in the North because the almajirai made it look like Nigeria was sitting on a keg of gunpowder.
- Why Shekarau's Lawyer's Office Was Sealed - Kano Govt [Daily Trust] The Kano State government has shed more light on why it sealed the building housing the chamber of Nuraini Jimoh, the lawyer who played a key role in the victory of the Malam Ibrahim Shekarau's faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
- Govt Seals Firm Producing Adulterated Fertiliser in Kano [Daily Trust] Men from the Department of Farm Inputs Support Services, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) have sealed Amfani Fertilizer and Chemical Nigeria Company for blending and injecting into the market adulterated NPK fertiliser.
- Problems, Poverty Will Multiply If Nigeria Breaks Up - Osinbajo [Daily Trust] Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says poverty and other problems facing Nigeria will multiply if the country breaks up.
- Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Lawan, Gbaja, Ayade, Others Mourn As Ex-Senate President, Wayas Dies At 80 [Vanguard] FORMER Senate President, Dr. Joseph Wayas, has passed on after a protracted illness in United Kingdom, aged 80.
- More Efforts Needed to Tackle SGBV in Nigeria - Aisha Buhari [Vanguard] Abuja -- .
- Govt Convenes Special National Council On Health Meeting in Abuja [Vanguard] The Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), has convened a special National Council on Health (NCH) meeting, where all State Commissioners of Health snd other stakeholders in the health sector will review the gains and lessons learnt from COVID-19 management, towards building a more resilient health sector in Nigeria.
- Apapa Gridlock - Lagos Commences Clearance Operation Today [Vanguard] The Lagos State Government, yesterday, announced plans to commence removal and clearance of trucks parked indiscriminately along Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, from today, December 3, 2021, as part of efforts to restore the free flow of traffic in the axis.
- Electricity - Transcorp Targets 843mw Available Capacity [Vanguard] Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp) Plc has disclosed plans to increase the combined available capacity at Transcorp Power Limited (TPL) and Trans Afam Power Limited (TAPL) to 843 megawatt (MW) with the completion of the ongoing upgrade and repairs in both power plants.
- How to Deepen Nigeria's Democracy - U.S. Envoy, Falana, Ekpu, Others [Vanguard] United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Mary Beth Leonard; Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana, SAN; media icon, Mr. Ray Ekpu and other media stakeholders, yesterday, commended the Media on its role in Nigeria's development and listed how to deepen the country's democracy.
- Amina Muhammed, Others Call for Universal Vaccine Access to Mitigate Impact of Omicron, Other Covid-19 Variants [Vanguard] United Nations' Deputy Secretary General, Amina Mohammed, has said that vaccine inequality could cost African countries billions of dollars.
- Covid-19 - Nigeria Should Be Ready for More Variants, If... . - Experts [Vanguard] Infectious Disease experts yesterday warned that Nigeria may record more COVID-19 variants if proactive measures were not put in place to ensure eligible Nigerians were vaccinated.
- Maize farmers get 25 units of hand driven planter to boost production
Maize Association of Nigeria (MAAN) has received a donation of 25 units of Hand Driven Planters from Corteva Agriscience to
- 25 youths volunteer to nurse 250 trees in UNDP programme in Sokoto State
Twenty-five youthful volunteers are to nurse 250 newly-planted trees in Illela Local Government Area of Sokoto State under the UNDP
- Stop harassing firm, workers – Union urges youth group
The National Union of Chemical, Footwear, Rubber, Leather and Non-metallic Products Employees (NUCFRLANMPE) has called on a Kogi-based youth group,
- Population Commission to conduct second census test-run in Bayelsa LGs
The National Population Commission (NPC) has trained field officers for a second census test-run in 12 designated Enumeration Areas in
- NCPC to partner medical laboratory scientists to improve health services to pilgrims
The Executive Secretary, Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission, Rev. Yakubu Pam has said that the Commission would partner with the Association
- FG’s commitment to infrastructural development yielding results – Minister
The Federal Government has expressed satisfaction that its commitment to infrastructural development were manifesting and yielding positive results. This is
- NCNE solicits support for 2 physically challenged, highly talented nomadic pupils
The National Commission for Nomadic Education (NCNE) has solicited support for two physically challenged but highly talented and outstanding pupils
- Ekiti : Man, 25, remanded for raping sex worker
From Priscilla Ediare, Ado-Ekiti Magistrate Michael Faola of Ekiti State Chief Magistrate Court sitting in Ado Ekiti has granted an
- IPOB leader, Kanu absent in court, trial shifts to Jan 18
From Godwin Tsa, Abuja The Abuja division of the Federal High Court, yesterday, brought down the trial of the detained
- Kaduna SUBEB sacks 233 teachers for presenting fake certificates
From Noah Ebije, Kaduna Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (KADSUBEB) has dismissed 233 teachers for presenting fake certificates to
- 2019: South East’ll give Buhari over 70% votes –Kalu
- NDIC to design supervisory blueprint for digital banks
From Uche Usim, Abuja The Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), on Thursday, said it has begun articulating a supervisory blueprint
- Joy Unlimited Extravaganza Promo: Oyo Commissioners, others commend Globacom
National Telecommunication Company, Globacom, has been commended for on-going Joy Unlimited Extravaganza promo which has given many Nigerians the opportunity
- Safety: WACT attains 1m man-hours with no lost time injury
By Steve Agbota APM Terminals West Africa Container Terminal Nigeria (WACT), Onne, has recorded a major safety milestone by attaining
- Stock market investors gain N630bn in November
By Chinwendu Obienyi Investors in qouted securities at the Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX) have continued to smile to the banks
- Real estate to get regulatory council –Senate
By Maduka Nweke SHARP practices in the activities of real estate operators in the country may have compelled the National
- Stakeholders advise accommodation renters
Following the various vices associated with operators in property environment, agents and landlords, it is becoming pertinent that those seeking
- We ‘re committed to bridging housing deficit –Egwuagu, Pablo Luxury Homes boss
From Fred Ezeh, Abuja The Chief Executive Officer of Pablo Luxury Homes, Uche Egwuagu, has called on government at all
- INTELS graduates 40 women empowerment beneficiaries
By Steve Agbota 40 women have graduated from the Class of 2021 Batch B of the Women Empowerment Project Scheme
- Traders across boundaries initiative call for declaration of Traders Day
A Non-Governmental Organisation with bias for the trading community, Traders Across Boundaries Initiative Project, has called for the declaration of
- We’re not ending petrol bridging payments — FG
From Uche Usim, Abuja The Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) on Thursday assured worried transporters that payment
- Douglas James shares the importance of understanding how advertising trends have shifted in recent times:
- APC didn’t win Osun guber in 2018, ex-dep speaker, Lasun
From Romanus Ugwu, Abuja Former deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, Lasun Yussuff, has alleged that his party, the
- Presidency: PDP won’t back candidate without capacity to salvage Nigeria – Wike
From Tony John, Port Harcourt Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has explained that only a courageous person with the capacity
- Aggrieved Yobe PDP members threatens to drag Judge before NJC over alleged delay in judgment delivery
From Godwin Tsa, Abuja Aggrieved members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Yobe State have threatened to petition the
- Civil Rights Concern demands public hearing on Anambra 2022 budget proposal
From Geoffrey Anyanwu, Enugu Anambra State House of Assembly has been called upon to organize a public hearing on
- Buhari urged to assent to Electoral Bill
From Okwe Obi, Abuja Civil society organizations, Yiaga Africa, International Press Centre and Center for Citizens With Disability have appealed
- APC Stakeholders vow to resist attempt to extend convention date beyond February
From Romanus Ugwu, Abuja The last may not have been heard of the crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress (APC)
- APC caretaker crisis: I’m still a bonafide member of APC – Mustapha Audu
From Emmanuel Adeyemi, Lokoja The factional leader of the All progressives Congress caretaker committee under the auspices of the Progressive
- Sokoto APC: Group affirms Mainasara-led exco as authentic
From Tunde Omolehin, Sokoto The Concerned APC Youth Members in Sokoto State has affirmed the leadership of the state All
- Court dismisses suit seeking Soludo’s disqualification as Anambra gov-elect
Abuja division of the Federal High Court has dismissed a suit seeking the disqualification of former governor of the Central
- 2023: PDP presidential aspirant, Anyim Pius visits Orji Kalu, holds discussion
Senate Chief Whip and former Governor of Abia state, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu on Wednesday evening played host to
- Group seeks Nigerian, African Union intervention in Southern Cameroon
- No one pays a dime to appear on Justice Court –Judge Funmi Asaolu
The presiding judge of Justice Court reality TV show, Justice Funmi Asaolu, has revealed that nobody pays to appear on
- US institution honours gospel singer, Psalm Ebube with doctorate degree
Accolades are already pouring in for gospel musician and author, Psalm Ebube, who recently bagged a United States’ institution Honorary
- Why I made a film on ENDSARS protest –Obiakor
By Chika Abanobi It’s more than a year since the ENDSARS protest ended in what turned out to be an
- Some fans want to have sex with me for money -Peju Johnson
Nollywood actress, Peju Johnson is eager to settle down as soon as possible. She told Saturday Sun that getting married
- Dezign Ovo’s Live-In- Concert holds Dec. 5
Multi-talented entertainer, Dezign Ovo will be staging a double whammy show, Dezign Ovo Live in Concert to mark the release
- How I lost my fiancée to another man -Chippy Toye
The founder/CEO of Chippy Records, Okedara Ibitoye Ezekiel aka Chippy Toye, has narrated how he lost his fiancée to another
- Tears as veteran comedian, Baba Suwe, is buried in Lagos
Tears flowed freely as popular comedian, Babatunde Omidina aka Baba Suwe, was buried in Lagos today. The actor died on
- Ayola set to drop debut album “Conversation Till Dawn”
Canada-based Afro-soul singer-songwriter Abdullah Abubakre, popularly known as Ayola, has announced the release date for his first studio album, “Conversation
- Mr. Macaroni, Broda Shaggi’s Ile-Alayo trailer stirs laughter ahead of December 6 release
By Zika Bobby Known for captivating skits, Mr. Macaroni and Broda Shaggi have adapted their characters to a TV comedy
- Cynthia Sleek drops new EP, Poko
In preparation for the release of her new album, fast rising R&B/ Afropop/dancehall artiste, Cynthia Ekere Kosisochukwu Ayambem aka Cynthia
- December 3, Direct Remittances Drops by 62.4% to $1.96bn in 10 Months
- December 3, Olawale-Cole Elected as LCCI’s New President
- December 3, ‘NGX Remains Preferred Listing Destination’
- December 3, FCMB Secures Future of Young Nigerians from Poverty
- December 3, Profit-taking Persist on NGX as Market Cap Drops by N112bn
- December 3, Olawale-Cole Elected as LCCI’s New President
- December 3, ‘NGX Remains Preferred Listing Destination’
- December 3, FCMB Secures Future of Young Nigerians from Poverty
- December 3, Profit-taking Persist on NGX as Market Cap Drops by N112bn
- December 3, Ibru Links Media Support to Growth of Tourism
- December 3, Ports Regulation: Snooping Into Jime’s Uploading Agenda
- December 3, Arravo: Investment in Tech Will Help Organisations Achieve More
- December 3, Analysts: Solid Expansion in Business Drives PMI to 55 Index Points in November
- December 3, Herconomy Raises $600,000 to Empower Women in Nigeria
- December 3, As Omicron Raises Another Dilemma for Africa
- December 3, Study Reveals Nigerians Spend 196% of Monthly Income on Christmas
- December 3, ASR Provide N2.5bn Grant for Healthcare Support in Edo
- December 3, APM Terminals Apapa Recycles Used Tyres Into Pavement Blocks
- December 3, Global Investor Event VROOM Launched in Lagos, Partners Rising Tide Africa
- December 3, Firm Loses N501m to Enugu Govt as Court Declares Arbitration Statute Barred
- December 3, WACT Attains Major Safety Milestone
- December 3, 81,000 Women, Girls Killed Globally in 2020, Says UNODC Report
- December 3, Customs Intercepts N12m Smuggled Diesel, Armoured Vehicle
- December 3, Ethiopia, Zambia Airlines Partner to Establish National Carrier
- December 3, ‘Green Buildings Pay Off for Investors, are Cheaper to Live in’
- December 3, United Airlines Inaugurates Washington D.C-Lagos Nonstop Service
- December 3, Qatar Airways to Launch Flights to Tashkent Next Year
- [Dec 2, 2021] Africa needs fresh $7.1trn to recover from pandemic – ECA - Bola Deji, a 27-year-old staff of one of the new digital banks, had never thought about remote work as a long-term fixture until her company declared everyone was going remotely. To her,…
- [Nov 30, 2021] Debt has helped Nigeria rebound from economic shocks – DMO - The Debt Management Office (DMO) on Monday said that the Federal government of Nigeria has relied on debt to finance over 90 percent of deficits contained in its annual Appropriation Acts.…
- [Nov 29, 2021] Is Nigeria’s GDP momentum sustainable? - Nigeria has now posted strong growth in the second and third quarters of 2021 after a turbulent 2020 when the economy slipped into a recession, but the question on the minds of several…
- [Nov 29, 2021] Nigeria’s free trade zones crawling 29 years after - Nigeria has not derived any significant benefit from Free Trade Zones (FTZs) 29 years after the country adopted the model from China to drive industrialisation, diversify the economy and…
- [Nov 26, 2021] Foreign exchange turnover at I&E window rises by 19.2% in July - Foreign exchange (FX) turnover at the Investors’ and Exporters’ (I&E) window rose by 19.2 percent to $161.16 million in July 2021, from $139.35 million in June 2021, the Central Bank of…
- [Nov 26, 2021] MTN’s share sale oversubscribed as investors eye value - MTN’s sale of shares in its Nigerian unit to institutional investors has closed Friday with the telecommunication company recording an oversubscription for the shares offered, according to…
- [Nov 26, 2021] High inflation, forex crisis to deter investments into Nigeria - If Nigeria’s high inflation and lingering foreign exchange crisis are not contained, investors’ appetite for the most populous nation in Africa could shrink further as the country’s…
- [Nov 25, 2021] All you need to know about inflation - Idowu, a housekeeper now eats twice a day with her four children owing to escalating food prices. She can no longer afford to pay the school fees of her children as accelerating inflation…
- [Nov 25, 2021] Poor quality produce, ports keep non-oil exports in limbo - Nigeria’s failure to deal with recurring export rejection, port congestion and high cost of product registration is putting the country’s diversification quest at risk, experts have said.…
- [Nov 25, 2021] Retail rising but no jobs to show - New jobs created in the small-scale retail and trade sectors following COVID-19 pandemic have not been as productive with only a few yielding secure earnings, a recent World Bank report…
Youtube data use
|| 80MB|| 200MB