BPL:-Everton,-Liverpool-share-spoils-at-Goodison-Park">October 4, 2015 : Kamarudeen Ogundele
- Multiple blasts near Nigeria's Maiduguri, army blames drills - Yahoo News
- Behind the arrest of a Nigerian ex-minister in London is a maturing Nigerian ... - Quartz
- Nigeria's ex-petroleum minister has been arrested in London for money laundering - Quartz
- 197 Nigerians return from war-torn Central African Republic - Premium Times
- Nigeria police commissioner dies in US - Premium Times
- 18 Killed in Nigeria in Suicide Bombers' Blasts - Voice of America
- Matthew Kukah diagnoses Buhari, Nigeria - Vanguard
Matthew Kukah diagnoses Buhari, NigeriaVanguardMatthew Hassan Kukah, Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, diagnoses Nigeria. He spoke at the Platform, an occasion organised by Covenant Centre, Lagos, on October 1, 2015, to mark the country's 55th independence anniversary. For years and, perhaps, out of ...Can President Buhari stop Nigerians being unruly?BBC NewsWhy PMB must listen to the voices of Nigerian womenDaily Sunall 131 news articles »
- Nigeria At 55: Fellow Nigerians, Don't You See We Cannot Do Without Each Other? - NAIJ.COM
- Business Attractiveness Index: Yet Another Knock for Nigeria's Business Space - THISDAY Live
- Nigeria: Let me give because I do not know for how long I shall live - Vatican Radio
- Buhari Calls for Tight Security After Bomb Attacks [This Day] Abuja -Following Friday's bomb blasts in Kuje and Nyanya, President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday called on security agencies to increase surveillance across the country.
- Ex-Oil Minister 'Arrested in UK' [Al Jazeera] Nigeria's former oil minister Diezani Alison-Madueke has been arrested in London, a source from Nigeria's presidential circle and another with links to her family has said.
- Multiple Blasts Rock Abuja, 14 Feared Dead, 32 Injured [This Day] Massive explosions rocked Kuje Market, Kuje Police Station and the Nyanya overhead bridge, all in the suburb of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja yesterday night.
- Boko Haram - North's Inhumanity to North [This Day] The recent revelation by the military that "some prominent individuals and political groups who hail from Borno State in particular and the North East generally" are employing marabouts and other unethical means to reverse the gains made so far in the fight against insurgency is not only worrisome but also a confirmation of what many Nigerians already know about the whole saga of Boko Haram being nothing but a fraud perpetuated by a wicked cabal who turn brothers against brothers for the singular and selfi
- As Pension Reforms Meet Buhari's Iron Political Will [This Day] For pension thieves and those who engage in sharp practices in the industry, this is certainly a bad season as the noose of reforms perfected in recent years is set to tighten even harder around their necks given the iron political will and anti-corruption posture of President Muhammadu Buhari. Although the Nigerian pension industry, which dates back to the colonial days functioned well up to the early eighties, increasing number of public pensioners and bloated corruption and resultant late and outright n
- A Mixed Evaluation of a One-Hundred Days in Office [This Day] Attention was first drawn to the duration of a first one hundred days in office in 1933 when Mr Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected as America's President. Hitherto his election, The United States of America was faced with a calamity of economic depression. Though 100 days is not a perfect period for evaluation of an administration, it, nonetheless, provides an opportunity to gauge the road map and likely effectiveness of a regime. It has to be recalled that within the first one hundred days of his governmen
- Illegal Occupants Threaten Operation of 1,320MW Egbin Power Plant [This Day] The Chief Executive Officer of Egbin Power Plc, Mr. Dallas M. Peavey, has raised the alarm that the continued presence of illegal occupants at the company's facilities is threatening the smooth operation of the 1,320-megawatt capacity plant.
- As INEC Defends Elections in Rivers [This Day] For those keeping a tab on the proceedings at the Rivers State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja, the testimonies by the officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission, the agency saddled with the responsibility of conducting elections may have changed the direction justice was tilting to.
- Navy Denies Killing [This Day] Following the death of a tanker conductor, who was identified as Abass Kasali, at the Kirikiri area of Lagos, the Nigerian Navy (NN) yesterday debunked complicity in the death.
- Civil Defence Arrests Woman for Selling Two Months Old Baby [This Day] No fewer than eight persons including a single mother who attempted to sell her two-month old baby have been arrested by the Enugu State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
- The Challenge Before Buhari [This Day] If President Muhammadu Buhari's effort is not being appreciated, he has himself and his party, the All Progressive Congress (APC) to blame. Indications that the Buhari presidency could run into the crisis of expectation was evident as his party and, at times, the then candidate Buhari had used every opportunity to rubbish former President Goodluck Jonathan who, in spite of his shortcomings, was definitely pushing some very noteworthy policies and projects.
- Bankers' Committee Shrugs Off Effect of Treasury Single Account [This Day] The Bankers' Committee yesterday said their full compliance with the Treasury Single Account (TSA) would not slow down lending growth in the country nor drag down their operations as had been widely predicted. They also maintained that the banking industry remains strong is spite of the take off of TSA.
- U.S. Official Commend Auto Nation On Quality Service [This Day] The Commercial Attaché, United States of America Embassy, Olga Ford, has commended the management of AutoNation Automotive Sales and Service centre for its quality of services to motorists.
- Luxury Bus Owners Seek FG's Intervention On Bad Roads [This Day] The Association of Luxury Bus Owners of Nigeria (ALBON) has condemned the deplorable state of highways, which it says is contributing to the high rate of accidents in parts of the country.
- Heineken Fashion Week Scouts for Fashion Focus Finalists [This Day] From the 14th to the 18th of September, Heineken Lagos Fashion and Design Week conducted regional auditions in Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja to scout for the 2015 Fashion Focus Finalists.
- Diezani, Released On Bail [This Day] Fresh information just emerging says the immediate past minister of petroleum resources, Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke, arrested in London early Friday, has been released on bail.
- Naddc Launches New Mechatronics Curriculum [This Day] National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) has launched a new curriculum for Mechatronics to build the skills of the nation's youths in auto repairs and maintenance.
- IGP Orders Arrest of Witnesses for Testifying in Favour of Wike [This Day] Two senior police officers, an Assistant Commissioner of Police and former Area Command of Bori Zonal Police Command in Rivers State, Mr Akuki Kenneth and a Chief Superintendent of Police, CSP, Uche Mike Chukwuma on Friday testified before the Rivers State Governorship Election.
- Partboyzauto Parts Moves to Redefine Auto Parts Business in Nigeria [This Day] PartboyzAuto Parts, Nigeria's modern auto parts supermarket, has set up shop at Gbagada Mechanics Village and is set to redefine the auto parts business in the country.
- My New Song, "Somebody Great", Is a Prophesy, Says Korede Bello [Guardian] Korede Bello, the rave of the moment in the music industry, has said that his new song entitled "Somebody Great", is a prophesy to inspire people to greatness.
- Flood - Kebbi Govt to Assist Flood Victims With N200 Million [Guardian] Gov. Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi said on Friday that the state government had provided N200 million to assist flood victims in 12 Local Government Area of the state.
- Teachers Shun NLC Strike in Cross River [Guardian] Teachers in public primary and secondary schools in Calabar on Friday shun the strike called by the state chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC).
- EFCC Storms Alison-Madueke's Abuja Residence, As Ex-Minister Is Arrested in London [Vanguard] The Asokoro, Abuja residence of the immediate-past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, on Friday, was stormed by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), in what has been described as part of a multinational investigation of the former minister.
- My New Song,"Somebody Great", Is a Prophesy, Says Korede Bello [Vanguard] Lagos -Korede Bello, the rave of the moment in the music industry, has said that his new song entitled "Somebody Great", is a prophesy to inspire people to greatness.
- Ondo to Begin Chocolate Production April 2016 [Guardian] The Ondo State Government on Friday said that a modern chocolate factory to process premium quality cocoa beans produced in the state would begin production of chocolate bars by April 2016.
- Nigeria @ 55 - Be the Messiah, Clergy Women Tell Buhari [Vanguard] The Nigerian Women in Clergy, NWC, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to be the Messiah Nigerians have long waited for and ensure that women interest becomes one of the major considerations of his administration.
- Adamawa Initiates Strategies for Industrialisation - Gov. Bindow [Guardian] The Adamawa government has initiated workable strategies and incentives to enhance speedy industrialisation of the state, the Governor, Alhaji Mohammed Bindow, has said.
- Abia Deputy Speaker Battles Opponents Over 'Forged' Certificates [This Day] Deputy Speaker of Abia State House of Assembly, Hon Cosmos Ndukwe has debunked insinuations by his political opponents that the academic qualifications he used in contesting for the April 2015 election were dubious.
- Ember Month Campaign - FRSC Mobilises 2,000 Marshals in Anambra [Guardian] The FRSC Sector Commander in Anambra, Mr Sunday Ajayi, has said that nearly 2,000 regular and special marshals of the commission will oversee the ember-month campaign in the state.
- Excitements As Physically Impaired Artiste Wins Music Talent Hunt [This Day] Mary Ekah Few weeks back when auditions for the SOO Live The Dream(TM) Music talent hunt initiative aimed at giving life to the aspirations of music-oriented youths from Esan North-East/South-East Federal Constituency of Edo State, Nigeria, kicked off, an optimistic 468 contestants showed up for the auditions which held at the St. Anthony Catholic Church in Uromi, Edo State.
- Photos: Nollywood Actress Bimbo Thomas’ Breast-Baring Birthday Outfit That Got Everyone Talking
- In Pictures: Mercy Johnson’s Family & Benedict Okojie Storm Dublin In Style
- Photos: Pregnant Mercy Johnson & Husband Spotted In Dublin Ireland Last Night
- Ronke Oshodi Oke Ojo Denies Marriage Crash, Says Husband Comes Home ONLY On Weekends
- Nollywood Actress Adunni Ade: Why I Left My Children’s Father, Michael Boyd
- Chinedu Ikedieze Aki: I Was A Street Boy, I Grew Up With My Grandmother In Abia State
- Lizzy Anjorin Insults Mercy Aigbe, Iyabo Ojo & Toyin Aimakhu, Suggests They’re Selling Cheap Dresses
- Photos: Ini Edo’s Mimz Lounge, Restaurant Opening In Lekki Phase 1 Lagos
- Juliet Ibrahim Denies Lesbianism Rumour, Says She Has Kissed A Lady Before
- Photo: Nigerian Actress Halima Abubakar’s Nose Ring & Barbie Look Irritates Fans
- Photos: Desmond Elliott, Yvonne Jegede, Toyin Aimakhu At “The First Lady” Movie Premiere
- Tinsel Charity Ball Photos: Nollywood Celebrities Storm Lagos Oriental Hotel In Masks
- Photos: Jim Iyke & Babymama Take Son To Miami Florida For Vacation
- Emir Of Kano Sanusi Lamido Warns Nigerian Muslims Against Devil Stoning Rituals In Saudi
- Photo: South Africa-Based Nigerian Arrested With Drug By NDLEA, Ayoola Adebayo Confesses
- Photo: Kidnappers Kill AAU Lecturer Prof Paul Erie After Collecting Ransom From Family
- Wharf Road In Apapa Lagos Turns Hideout For Prostitutes, Drug Dealers & Indian Hemp Smokers
- Lagos Government Close Down Chinese Company Using Nigerian Workers As Slaves
- Boko Haram Attacks In Abuja: Suicide Bombers Attacked Kuje Market & Police Station, Several Killed
- Bayelsa Engineer Kills Self With Sniper Poison Over Unpaid Salary
- Delta Chief Judge Sentences 4 Kidnappers To 67 Years Imprisonment With Hard Labour
- $6Billion Kerosene Scam: EFCC Locks Up Jide Omokore’s Atlantic Energy Office In Ikoyi Lagos
- Diezan Alison Madueke & 4 GEJ Ministers Arrested In London UK For Bribery & Corruption
- Photo: Nigerian Pastor Kidnapped By Fulani Herdsmen In Ondo Freed After Payment Of Ransom
- Photo: Family Escapes Death As Steel Ring Falls Off Trailer & Crushed Car In Magboro Ogun state
- Hungry Robbers Order Ejigbo Lagos Resident To Serve Them Eba Before A 3-Hour Robbery Operation
A former Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Femi Bamisile, has described the planned Ekiti State’s N17billion airport project as a conduit for Governor Ayodele Fayose to loot the treasury. The All Progressives Congress chief, who had indicated interest in the 2018 governorship election, wondered where the governor got the courage to embark… [Read More…]
BPL: Everton, Liverpool share spoils at Goodison Park A Romelu Lukaku 45-minute goal cancelled Danny Ings goal three minutes earlier. The Merseyside derby ended Everton 1-1 Liverpool.
-----We’re-not-aware-of-Ooni-contestant’s-fraud-case-–-Giesi">October 4, 2015 : Olalekan Adetayo
October 4, 2015 : Ihuoma Chiedozie
Enugu State governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has suspended the collection of fines for traffic offences in Enugu metropolis. The suspension is for one month. Ugwuanyi announced the decision at a meeting with civil society organisations, transports unions and other stakeholders, at the government house, in Enugu. The development followed incessant complaints by motorists in Enugu over Leave-a-Comment-
The Federal Government has signed a $2.3billion assistance agreement aimed at fighting extreme poverty with the United States Agency for International Development. The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday. Akande said the agreement would help the government to combat extreme… [Read More…]
We’re not aware of Ooni contestant’s fraud case – Giesi The Giesi Ruling House of Ife has said the family will present Prince Adeyeye Ogunwusi, who is being investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on allegation of fraud and forgery, to the kingmakers as the next Ooni if he is found to be among the most qualified aspirants. Ogunwusi is one of the Leave-a-Comment-
The-Nigerian-Army-said-on-Sunday-that-no-amount-of-distractions-would-deter-it-from-ending-terrorism-in-Nigeria-by-December.-Theater-Commander,-Operation-“Lafiya-Dole,”-Maj.-Gen.-Yushau-Abubakar,-gave-this-assurance-while-speaking-with-the-News-Agency-of-Nigeria-in-Maiduguri.-Abubakar-was-reacting-to-recent-spate-of-suicide-bombings-by-suspected-insurgents-in… [Read-More…]-Police-set-up-security-committee-for-Awolowo’s-burial">October 4, 2015 : NAN
The Nigerian Army said on Sunday that no amount of distractions would deter it from ending terrorism in Nigeria by December. Theater Commander, Operation “Lafiya Dole,” Maj.-Gen. Yushau Abubakar, gave this assurance while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria in Maiduguri. Abubakar was reacting to recent spate of suicide bombings by suspected insurgents in… [Read More…]
Police set up security committee for Awolowo’s burial The police authorities have set up a committee to handle the deployment of security operatives before, during and after the burial ceremony of the late HID Awolowo. The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said this was in fulfilment of the Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase’s promise that the police would participate fully Leave-a-Comment-
The-Kano-State-Police-Command-on-Sunday-said-it-had-arrested-69-cattle-rustlers-and-other-notorious-armed-robbers-in-the-last-one-month.-Its-Commissioner,-Mr.-Muhammad-Katsina,-disclosed-this-when-he-visited-Gidan-Kare-village-in-Sumaila-Local-Government-Area.-The-News-Agency-of-Nigeria-reports-that-the-village-had-been-deserted-by-residents… [Read-More…]------Maiduguri-Sunday-explosions,-equipment-testing-–-Military">October 4, 2015 : NAN
The Kano State Police Command on Sunday said it had arrested 69 cattle rustlers and other notorious armed robbers in the last one month. Its Commissioner, Mr. Muhammad Katsina, disclosed this when he visited Gidan-Kare village in Sumaila Local Government Area. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the village had been deserted by residents… [Read More…]
Maiduguri Sunday explosions, equipment testing – Military The 7 Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri on Sunday said the early morning explosion in the outskirt of Maiduguri, Borno State, emanated from routine testing of military equipment. Speaking to newsmen on Sunday, spokesman for the Division, Col. Tukur Gusau, urged residents not to panic. “It is a routine test firing of our Leave-a-Comment-
Assistant-Inspector-General-of-Police,-Mr.-Joseph-Mbu,-is-expected-to-resume-duties-on-Monday-as-the-Commandant-of-the-Police-Staff-College,-Jos,-Plateau-State.-Mbu’s-resumption-dismisses-speculations-as-to-whether-he-had-been-quietly-eased-out-of-the-force-following-the-controversies-that-had-dogged-his-career.-Details-later…-Ex-militants-demand-extension-of-amnesty-programme">October 4, 2015 : Jude Owuamanam
Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Joseph Mbu, is expected to resume duties on Monday as the Commandant of the Police Staff College, Jos, Plateau State. Mbu’s resumption dismisses speculations as to whether he had been quietly eased out of the force following the controversies that had dogged his career. Details later…
Ex-militants demand extension of amnesty programme Former Niger Delta militant leaders have declared that the December 2015 termination deadline set by President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration for the amnesty programme is not feasible. The ex-militant leaders, under the aegis of the Leadership, Peace and Cultural Development Initiative, therefore, demanded an extension of the programme. The group made the declaration in Yenagoa on
- IT News Africa: Top Tech Stories of the Week The IT sector has been buzzing this week… Not only did we attend the 2015 Gartner Symposium in Cape Town, but we also attended the 2015 XON Summit – which was held at Sun City in the Northwest Province of South Africa. To add to this, IT News Africa today named Telkom and Hitachi Data Systems as [&hellip...
- Telkom & Hitachi Data Systems confirmed as sponsors of Financial Innovation Summit Africa’s technology news leader IT News Africa, today named Telkom and Hitachi Data Systems as Gold sponsors of the upcoming Financial Innovation Summit. On the 28th of October 2015, financial and technology leaders will convene at the Radisson Blu...
- Tata & MasterCard to empower 100 mln women At the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) Annual Meeting closing plenary, Tata Communications and MasterCard announced a CGI Commitment to Action to financially empower 25,000 women in the developing world, part of a larger vision to ultimately reach 100...
- Connected homes offer new opportunities for service providers Home networking has grown exponentially in the past few years, fuelled by the ever-increasing availability of broadband Internet and smart mobile devices such as phones and tablets. As a result, we are now seeing the emergence of a plethora of ‘smart’...
- Threat of cyber attacks on the rise Worldwide, entertainment and media companies are increasingly becoming targets for cybercrime as cyber criminals find new and innovative ways to defeat security measures and controls. The theft of intellectual property or commercially sensitive information,...
- SAP to Bring Digital Literacy to 20,000 Youth with Africa Code Week SAP has revealed the start of Africa Code Week, a continent-wide initiative to spread digital literacy and simplify access to coding education for young people. From October 1-10, 2015, online sessions and hundreds of free coding workshops will be organized...
- MTN unveils new Summer Campaign “With Love from MTN” MTN is turning five of its lucky subscribers into overnight millionaires just for being on the MTN network. MTN will be giving away a monthly cash prize of R1 million to each lucky subscriber between October 2015 to January 2016 just for staying on the MTN...
- Your personal information may not be as private as you think You’re watching your son play a school soccer match. Your camera is ready when he scores the winning goal, taking his team to victory. You’re so proud; you can’t wait to share the news. Along with the picture, you write: “The goal that made Sunny...
- Is technology transforming us into better people? It’s a busy Friday night in October 2000. A time before budget airlines, mobile apps, smartphones and the Gautrain. I’m rushing to Johannesburg International Airport (JIA) for a flight to Cape Town. With no GPS or real-time traffic information to rely on,...
- Uganda: Nsangi Secondary School receives Samsung SPIS Back in September 2015, Samsung revealed that it would take part in the fifth Innovation Africa Summit in Uganda. At the Summit, Samsung stated that it would donate a Solar Powered Internet School (SPIS) to one school within Uganda. According to Samsung, the...
- Video Interview: Gartner Research Director unpacks the Digital Business Richard M. Marshall is a Research Director for Gartner in the Mobile and Client Computing group, focusing on enterprise mobility and especially mobile apps and mobile app development. Marshall has experience across a wide range of software industry skills,...
- MTN Business completes Hybrid Cloud offering with Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute MTN Business has taken another step in moving African enterprises closer to accessing cloud services. The company today announced it would offer Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute to its clientele. Customers can use Azure ExpressRoute as a value added service, to...
- The challenges & benefits of hybrid cloud migration A hybrid cloud environment can save businesses time and money, but there are a few hurdles that must be overcome first, says Martin Walshaw, senior engineer at F5 Networks. In the quest to remain competitive within the market, businesses are introducing more...
- MWoT announces 2015 South African Innovation Awards finalists MyWorld of Tomorrow, in partnership with Business Connexion and Business Day, has announced the finalists for the SA Innovation Awards – an awards programme aimed at recognising and celebrating innovative companies and individuals. Matthew Blewett, chief...
- MTN Business and partners discuss digital business at Gartner Symposium MTN Business and its partners, consulting firm Accenture and financial services group MMI, hosted a panel discussion today at the Gartner Symposium in Cape Town. The panellists drove the conversation forward on the importance and emergence of the digital...
- Working the cloud: Ensuring app performance beyond the data centre era According to previous research by Gartner, 75% of enterprises expect to have hybrid cloud deployments by the end of 2017, with organisations typically using an average of 545 cloud services each. With numbers such as these, it’s clear that the cloud is a...
CABINET NOMINEES: Buhari’s problem ‘ll now start with cabinet list –Yerima, Arewa Youth Leader
Comrade Shettima Usman Yerima, the National President of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF), is… ...In-coming ministers must embrace the change agenda of APC–Dr lbrahim Yakubu Lame
FROM PAUL ORUDE BAUCHI Dr lbrahim Yakubu Lame was former Minister of Police Affairs and… ...Rivers Guber: Drama as DSS, police attempt to arrest Wike’s witnesses at tribunal
FROM: GODWIN TSA, ABUJA A mild drama played out at the Rivers State Governorship Election… ...APGA accuses Abia govt of malice
FROM OKEY SAMPSON, ABA The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Abia State chapter has accused… ...Bayelsa guber: PDP flags off campaign Oct 17
Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State over the weekend announced the 17th of this month… ...Saraki must forget leaving APC for PDP in Nigeria’s interest – Gadi, former Bauchi deputy gov
Alhaji Mohammed Garba Gadi, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), was former Deputy… ...Mimiko at 61: Veteran of many wars!
KAYODE AKINMADE As he turns 61 today, a book on Governor Olusegun Mimiko’s life so… ...Dogara: The challenge of maintaining a bipartisan House
BY KEMI YESUFU After a six-week break, the House of Representatives reconvened on Tuesday. If… ...Sylvia not threat to Dickson —Group
BY TUNDE THOMAS The wife of former President, Mrs. Patience Jonathan has been advised to… ...Delta guber: Okowa, Emerhor, Ogboru set to adopt written addresses
FROM PAUL OSUYI, ASABA Delta State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Asaba yesterday adjourned… ...Survivors recount ordeals
FROM ROMANUS UGWU, ABUJA Survivors of the Friday bomb blast at the Kuje Area Council… ...Ooni stool controversy: A call for caution
BY OLAKUNLE OLAFIOYE Since the transition of Oba Okunade Sijuwade, the Ooni of Ife on… ...Fasehun’s detention memoirs: I slapped Zakari Biu
BY CHIDI OBINECHE Chief Dr Frederick Fasehun is the founder and leader of the Oodua… ...25-yr-old beheads man after stealing his money
■ Strangled girlfriend for aborting pregnancy BY NGOZI UWUJARE Nemesis has caught up with a… ...Hajj: How Nigerian pilgrims are exposed to danger –Emir Sanusi
… Says effort must be made to stop further loss of lives FROM ISMAIL OMIPIDAN,… ...Death toll in Maiduguri multiple blasts hits 15
■ As insurgents attack 2 villages near the capital FROM TIMOTHY OLANREWAJU, MAIDUGURI No fewer… ...Kidnappers kill don after collecting ransom
■ Bury him in forest FROM TONY OSAUZO, BENIN A Professor of Agricultural Economics and… ...Looting spree as Ladipo market is demolished
BY VINCENT KALU Shrill cries and wailings rent the air yesterday at the popular Ladipo… ...NUT, NULGE dissociate selves from NLC strike in Cross River
The leaderships and members of the Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE), Cross River… ...Ugwuanyi moves to save life of motherless child
Enugu State governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has directed immediate medical attention to a motherless child, Master… ... I’ve buried bishops, Rev Fathers and pastors –Kevin Chukwumaobi, APAMS boss
BY JEFF AMECHI AGBODO, ONITSHA I’m Sir Kevin Chukwumaobi, Managing Director/CEO of Amuche Pharmacy and… ...I want to spread my cargo business all over the world –Chukwunonso Okafor, Trinity Logistics boss
BY CHRISTY ANYANWU Chukwunonso Okafor is one Nigerian that is making waves in Istanbul, Turkey.… ...President’s Bid to Rev Economy Hits an Oil Shock
Newly elected Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari’s plans to overhaul the world’s most populous petrostate include… ...Australia investing in Nigerian mining
The Australian High Commission in Abuja and Murdoch University, Australia, are organising a policy workshop… ...PenOp urges FG to pay retirees’ N100bn accrued rights
Stakeholders in the pension industry have canvassed prompt payment of retirees’ accrued benefits by the Federal Government to enable Nigerians embrace the retirement savings culture. ...Heritage Bank to raise SMEs’ lending to N100bn
Heritage Bank is set to increase lending to Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) to N100 billion by the end of 2016.
The bank’s Head of SME Product, Concept, Ideas and Development, Mr. Ekene Maduake, disclosed this in Lagos.
According to him, the bank has supported Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) to the tune of N23.5 billion within the two and a half year of its existence. ...ICS to hold talent expo in Lagos
Integrated Corporate Services (ICS) Limited has announced the launch of a talent and employer branding expo, tagged ICS Talent Bank 1.0 , in Lagos. ...NGSL plans to stem capital flight on steel importation
Nigerian Gas and Steel (NGSL) Limited has restated its commitment to save the huge capital flight incurred by Nigerians who depend on the importation of steel pipes. ...Why we opted for currency controls, Tule, CBN director
By Amechi Ogbonna with agency reports THE Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday said its… ...PZ Cussons approves N2.42bn dividends for shareholders
From Judex Okoro, Calabar PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc has approved final dividend of N2.42 billion,… ...Men don’t ‘toast’ me –Adesua Etomi, actress
BY BOLATITO ADEBAYO With her academic excellence, Adesua Etomi can be taken for a nerd.… ...I love jewellery, crazy shoes –(Daddy Fresh)
BY AYO ALONGE [email protected]
He is the very person we know as Daddy Fresh and… ...My company has the largest number of elevator engineers in Nigeria –Gbenga Daniel
BY RAZAQ BAMIDELE Kresta Laurel, a leading engineering company that specializes in the elevator business… ...‘How I emerged Mrs. Tourism United Nations’
By OLABISI OLALEYE For Mrs. Ebelechukwu Chinelo Enemchukwu, who recently took part in a keenly… ...Jeffrey wins MTN Project Fame
Jeffrey Ufedo Akor has emerged winner of the MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 8, smiling home with star prize of N5million, a brand new, fully loaded SUV and a recording contract worth millions of Naira. ...Jeffrey wins MTN Project Fame
By ZIKA BOBBY Jeffrey Ufedo Akor has emerged winner of the MTN Project Fame West… ...I dream of a country where farmers are respected–Ndidi Nwuneli
BY CHRISTY ANYANWU Ndidi Nwuneli is a woman of many parts. She is the founder… ...I wish I could’ve a daughter –Omoni Oboli, actress
By BOLATITO ADEBAYO Star actress, Omoni Oboli, has seen it all. But then, the beautiful… ...Uhuru, Kenyatta, my favourite world leader –Vivian Nnamani, Miss UN-Nigeria 2015
BY CHIAMAKA AJEAMO Vivian Adaeze Nnamani is a model and winner of the Miss United… ...Cynthia Morgan, lover clash over Burna Boy kiss
Fast rising singer, Cynthia Morgan is on collision course with her lover, singer, Lezleesingz. Weeks… ...