I-wont-appear-before-medical-panel,-says-Suntai">September 22, 2014 by Godwin Isenyo
- Terrorists surrender weapons in Borno •Jittery over Shekau’s reported death •Jonathan takes case to UN General Assembly
- INEC, AGF sued over new polling units
- Outbreak of epidemic imminent at Lagos airport
- 2015: No automatic tickets for govs, others —PDP •Says only Jonathan will decide Sambo’s fate •Why PDP govs, leaders endorsed Jonathan as sole candidate
- Akiolu, Awujale are my adopted fathers —Emir of Kano
- Hope rises for Chibok girls •FG, Boko Haram begin negotiation •As rumour of Shekau’s death spreads in Borno
- 2015: My adoption as candidate in order —Jonathan
- 2015: Shocker awaits Tambuwal •Plot to deny him waiver thickens
- Synagogue tragedy: Investigators doubt video clip on collapsed building •S/African investigators restricted to victim identification
- 2015: Northern youths endorse Atiku •...Plead with Buhari, Kwankwaso to shelve ambition
- US, South Africa in cold war with Nigeria •Nigeria buys attack helicopters from China •S/Africa sends investigators to Synagogue, intensifies probe of $9.3m arms deal
- APC’ll win 2015 presidency despite Jonathan’s endorsement —Buhari •Nigerians should vote wisely —Kumuyi
- I can feel bullets destroying my organs —Kano terror victim
- FG, striking oil workers reach truce
- Election fraud alleged in UK •People found their votes had been cast before arriving at polling booths
- Jonathan accepts PDP’s nomination •Says I am humbled, I won’t disappoint
- The Stolen Girls of Nigeria Are Still Not Home - Newsweek
- Nigerian president visits collapsed building - Independent Online
- In Nigeria, Boko Haram Strike Kills Dozens - Voice of America
In Nigeria, Boko Haram Strike Kills DozensVoice of AmericaMAIDUGURI, NIGERIA—. Fighters from Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram stormed the northeastern town of Mainok on Friday, sparking a gun battle that killed at least 36 people and continued into Saturday, two security sources said. Four ...
- Police Torture in Nigeria Is Allegedly Out of Control - VICE News
- Nigeria Football Federation announce dates for elections - BBC Sport
- 4-year-old SA girl found alive at Nigeria collapse site - News24
4-year-old SA girl found alive at Nigeria collapse siteNews24Johannesburg - A 4-year-old South African girl was found alive at the collapsed Synagogue Church of All Nations in Lagos, Nigeria, the Gift of the Givers (GOTG) said on Friday. The rescue of the girl, Zama, came to light when Sheik Mohammed Jamie, ...
- Nigeria – life inside the 'Ebola house' - UNICEF Connect (blog)
Nigeria – life inside the 'Ebola house'UNICEF Connect (blog)As we headed toward the gate, a young boy passing by glanced at us and said: “That's the Ebola house.” The doctor pushed the rusty gate open with the sole of her shoe, warning me not to touch anyone or anything. “Not the walls, not the doors, nothing.”.and more »
- Rights group accuses Nigerian police of torture - CNN
Rights group accuses Nigerian police of tortureCNN(CNN) -- Nigerian security forces routinely torture people -- including women and children -- taken in as suspects or for interrogation, Amnesty International has claimed in a graphic new report. In the study, released Thursday, the rights group ...
- Gabonese Fans Were Shouting “Ebola Nigeria” During Our Match-Eaglets Players - SaharaReporters.com
- Most of Nigeria's students back to school after Ebola lay-off - Yahoo News
- Nigeria FA announce date for elections The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) announces it will hold its elections on 30 September as it responds to a directive from Fifa.
- Boko Haram 'kill several' as they loot Nigeria market Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - Boko Haram gunmen stormed a crowded market in Nigeria's restive northeastern state of Borno, killing several people and carting away food, witnesses said Saturday.
- Nigeria police have special 'torture officers': Amnesty LAGOS (Reuters) - Torture is so common in Nigeria's police force that many police stations have a designated officer to carry out atrocities such as pulling teeth, choking, raping and delivering electric shocks to detainees, Amnesty International said on Thursday. In a report entitled "Welcome to Hellfire", the human rights organization said police routinely used torture to extort cash or ...
- At least 36 killed in shootout with Islamists in northeast Nigerian town MAIDUGURI Nigeria (Reuters) - Fighters from Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram stormed the northeastern town of Mainok on Friday, sparking a gun battle that killed at least 36 people and continued into Saturday, two security sources said. Four civilians were also killed in the remote north of Cameroon in a cross-border attack by Boko Haram militants, according to Cameroon state radio ...
- Nigeria finmin confident 2014 GDP growth will exceed 6 pct SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Nigeria's finance minister said on Friday she is confident that growth in 2014 will be around the government's latest forecast of 6.5 percent after discounting the economic impact of the insurgency waged by the Islamist group Boko Haram. "We are confident it will be better than 6 percent and about 6.5," Nigeria's finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, told Reuters. The ...
- Boko Haram blamed as 13 die in Nigeria college shooting, blast Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - Boko Haram insurgents have been blamed after at least 13 people died during a shoot-out between police and suspected suicide bombers at a teacher training college in northern Nigeria.
- Nigeria oil union strike not affecting exports-Shell LAGOS (Reuters) - A strike by Nigeria's oil unions is not having any immediate impact on crude oil exports from Africa's top exporter, despite moving into a third day, spokesmen for leading operator Shell and Nigeria LNG said. Nigerian oil unions say the strike could affect exports if no agreement is reached with the government. The spokesman for NLNG, the gas exporter which is run jointly by ...
- Nigeria's ruling party chooses incumbent Goodluck Jonathan as presidential candidate Nigeria's ruling party says President Goodluck Jonathan is its candidate for February 2015 elections.
- Nigeria: Death toll in building collapse up to 80 LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — The death toll in a building collapse at a televangelist's church complex in Nigeria has risen to 80, an official said Thursday.
- Gunmen kill 15 at college in north Nigeria's Kano By Nneluke Ikemfuna KANO Nigeria (Reuters) - Gunmen stormed a higher education college in northern Nigeria on Wednesday, firing on fleeing students and setting off an explosion in an attack that killed at least 15 people and wounded 35, police said. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack in the region's main city of Kano, but the Islamist militant group Boko Haram, which ...
- Secret Talks With Boko Haram Over Chibok Girls? [Premium Times]Despite the Nigerian government's public rejection of any prisoner swap with extremist Boko Haram sect, its officials, alongside the Red Cross, are currently in talks to trade Boko Haram militants for more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls abducted by the sect in April, the U.K. Telegraph reported Friday.
- Four Days Inside Boko Haram's Bloody 'Caliphate' [Daily Trust]It is Saturday afternoon and the time is five minutes past two. At Government Secondary School, Uba in Borno State, a boy, about seven years old, seats on a table behind empty classrooms. Holding a gun-shaped broken arm of a chair, he takes aim across the field, squints his left eye for a perfect shot.
- Social Media Sees Meteoric Growth [Balancing Act]London -In 2013 Balancing Act carried out a detailed market research study in seven Sub-Saharan countries in the vanguard of adopting the Internet and social media. The study has four parts - which are available for free as downloads - and looks at how the Internet and social media are changing Africa's communications and media landscape. Russell Southwood highlights some of the key findings from the study.
- Oil Workers Suspend Strike [Guardian]THE National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, on Friday night suspended its five-day-old strike.
- UN Ebola Mission Launched [UN News]Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has officially established the United Nations Mission for Ebola Emergency Response and has instructed the advance teams for the first-of-its-kind operation to head to its base in Accra, Ghana, by Monday, 22 September.
- 25 Hours Under Church Guesthouse Rubble [Premium Times]One of the survivors of the building collapse at The Synagogue Church of All Nations, Friday, told journalists that the incident was a demonic attack on the church.
- Update On the South African Citizens Affected By the Church Building Collapse in Nigeria [SA Govt]Ladies and gentlemen of the media, Fellow South Africans,
- 84 South Africans Dead, 17 Unaccounted For in Collapse [Premium Times]The number of dead South Africans at the collapsed five-storey guest house owned by the Synagogue Church of all Nations has increased from 67 to 84, the country's High Commissioner to Nigeria, Lulu Mnguni, has said.
- Man Goes Berserk, Kills, Injures Girls in Bauchi [Daily Independent]Bauchi state Police Command has arrested one Musa Sale for stabbing two girls to death in Sabon Garin Sade village of Darazo Local Government Area of Bauchi State.
- Anambra North 2015 - Mark, Ekweremadu Back Okadigbo for Senate [Daily Independent]Abuja -Senate President David Mark and his Deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, have thrown their weight behind Senator Margery Chuba Okadigbo's bid to be re-elected to the Senate in 2015. They described Okadigbo as a lawmaker who has represented her Anambra North Constituency very well and deserved to be re-elected.
- Imo 2015 - Asoluka Calls for Credible Candidate [Daily Independent]Ahead of the 2015 general election, frontline senatorial aspirant under the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) umbrella, Chief Chris Asoluka, has unveiled his mission statement, to offer his party and the people of Owerri zone quality and impactful representation.
- AFRH Worries Over Involvement of Quacks in IVF [Daily Independent]Lagos -Unsuspecting women will go through more agony in the hands of quack in Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) practitioners if the practice is not properly regulated.
- Unido Partners Nigeria With U.S. $1 Million Foam Machines [Daily Independent]Ibadan -As part of its efforts to assist Nigeria to fulfill its obligations on multilateral environment treaties, the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) has procured a $1m low pressure foam machines for the Ministry of Environment.
- Kwankwaso Unfit to Rule Nigeria, Says Abia PDP [Daily Independent]Umuahia -The Publicity Secretary of Abia State chapter of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uchechi Ogbuka, says Governor Rabiu Kwakwanso of Kano State "is unfit to rule Nigeria."
- Jonathan in Lagos, Insists PDP Will Reclaim S'west [Daily Independent]President Goodluck Jonathan, on Saturday in Lagos, challenged the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to ensure the return of the South West geopolitical zone to mainstream political activities in Nigeria in 2015.
- FG Ignored Our Advice On Insecurity - Northern Monarchs [Daily Independent]Kaduna -Traditional rulers in Northern Nigeria have blamed the incessant security challenges in the region on delay in implementing recommendations it made to the Presidency and state governments in the past.
- Suntai's Days Numbered, As Assembly Unveils Medical Panel [Daily Independent]Jalingo -Nearly two years after an air crash that has left the Taraba State Governor, Danbaba Suntai incapacitated, indications emerged that the days of the ailing number one citizen are indeed numbered, following the setting up of a five-man medical panel by the House of Assembly.
- APC Warns of PDP's Plan to Cause Mayhem in Osun [Daily Independent]Osogbo -The Osun State chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC) has raised the alarm over an alleged plot by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to cause mayhem across the state and make it ungovernable.
- S'court Decides Obiano's Fate Monday [Daily Independent]Awka -There is palpable tension in Anambra State, as the Supreme Court will on Monday deliver judgment on the appeals brought by Senator Chris Ngige of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Tony Nwoye of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) challenging the return of Governor Willy Obiano by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as winner of the November 16, 2013, the Anambra State governorship poll.
- Con Award Thrills Orji [Daily Independent]Umuahia -Abia State governor, Theodore Orji, has said his emergence as one of those to be conferred with the prestigious National Honours Award of Commander Order of the Niger (CON) is gladdening, saying it is an attestation to his effort at developing the state.
- Israel Pledges Support for 2014 Christian Pilgrimage? [Daily Independent]Abuja -The Israeli Deputy Director, General Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ahova Zaken, has said that the ministry would give the Nigerian government and the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission support and corporation for a hitch-free pilgrimage exercise this year.
- World Bank Safe Corridor Impacting On Nigerian Roads - FRSC [Daily Independent]Abuja -The Corps Marshal and Chief Executive of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Boboye Oyeyemi, has described the World Bank-assisted Safe Corridor project in Nigeria as an impetus to road safety management and traffic administration, which has impacted positively on road culture in Nigeria.
- 'Lagos Has 300 Million Gallons of Water Shortfall Daily' [Daily Independent]The Lagos State Water Corporation (LSWC) on Saturday said it had a water deficit of about 300 million gallons per day.
- New Legal Year - Lagos Lawyers Advocate Quick Dispensation of Justice [Daily Independent]Some prominent lawyers in Lagos on Sunday called for quick dispensation of justice in Lagos State in the 2014/2015 Legal Year.
- Don Urges Political Elites to Nurture Culture of Peace [Daily Independent]A university lecturer, Dr Philip Ujomu, on Sunday urged political elites in Nigeria to nurture the culture of peace and stop playing politics with the nation's security challenge.
- Polio Immunisation - Jigawa Council Chairman to Reward Best Performing Community Leader [Daily Independent]Alhaji Bako Tamballe, the Chairman, Kafinhausa Local Government Council in Jigawa has pledged a handsome reward to any community leader that records the highest number of children immunised against polio virus in the on-going immunisation.
- Nigerian Insecurity Needs Divine Intervention [Daily Independent]Prophetically, it is my fervent Prayers and wish, that the blessings of God will never forsake President Goodluck Jonathan and that our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, will continue to give him divine grace and Favour to continue to pilot the affairs of this largest black African country in the continent, as we need divine intervention.
- Ogoja LG Embarks On N32 Million Market Rehabilitation Project [Daily Independent]Chairman of Ogoja Local Government, Cross River, Mrs. Rita Ayim, says the local government has begun N32 million rehabilitation project of the Ogoja Urban Market.
- Another Game Without Rules [Daily Independent]The game is up. We are midway into the climax. But there appears to be no rules for the game. Yet the players are jostling for action and attention. What manner of game is this? Is it another game of blame? What evidence do we have on ground to prove that this game is free from equivocation and compromise? Are the players out to play yet another terrible joke on the collective destiny of the innocent spectators of this game?
- Fayose Aids Police Officer Who Lost Hand in Ekiti Election [Daily Independent]Ado-Ekiti -Ekiti State Governor- elect Mr Ayo Fayose has come to aid of a Chief Superintendent of Police, (CSP) Pius Aniojoani, who lost one of his hands in the build up to the June 21 governorship election in the state.
- Iyabo Ojo Denies She’s dating Muka Ray, Says New Husband Is ‘Wealthy’
- Photos: Nollywood Actress Clarion Chukwurah Flaunts Killer Curve At 50
- Omotola Jalade, Joke Silva & Kenneth Nnebue Get National Honour Award
- Lizzy Anjorin Wins Best Yoruba Actress Of 2014 Award At City People
- Victoria Inyama Condemns Dino Melaye’s Plan To Run As Senator
- Photos: Mercy Aigbe, Iyabo Ojo, Liz Da Silva, Bimbo Thomas, Flakky Ididowo Glam Owambe Party
- 1st Photos From Ita Giwa’s Daughter’s White Wedding: Rita Dominic, Funke Akindele Dazzle
- Ayo Adesanya Denies She’s Bleaching Skin, Says Nigeria’s Weather Is Terrible
- Yvonne Nelson Says She’s Single: Gollywood Star Denies 2nd Boyfriend Bought Car For Her
- Nollywood Actress Put Makeup On 1-Year-Old Baby Girl: Is It Appropriate?
- 1st Birthday Photos Of Nollywood Actress Chacha Ike’s Daughter, Kamara Faani
- October 1: Nollywood Actor Kunle Afolayan Changes Car Plate# To Movie Title
- Photos: Omotola Jalade Storms Houston Texas For Blood In The Lagoon Movie Premiere
- Photos: Dad Got Daughter Pregnant In Igbeti Oyo State, Incest Victim Gives Birth
- Tragedy In Benin As Angry Farmer Beheaded Neigbhour’s Kid, Killed Baby Boy
- Shekau Impostor Killed: Boko Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau’s Corpse Litters Borno Street
- Boko Haram Fighters Surrender To Nigerian Army In Konduga Borno State
- “Nigerian Army Can’t Win Boko Haram Bcos We’re Using Old Weapons” – Soldier Laments
- Audio Tape: TB Joshua Bribed, Paid Nigerian Reporters N50K To Lie About Collapsed Church Building
- Photo: South African Detectives & Jonathan Visit TB Joshua Church As Death Toll Hits 86
- Nigerian Prophet TB Joshua Used Human Lives For Sacrifice – Says Ghanaian Pastor
- Boko Haram Militants Fired Rockets Into Mainok, Borno Market, Several Killed
- Photo: Man Hanged Himself In Ayede Ekiti Over Poverty After 2 Failed Attempts
- Boko Haram: Bomb Scare At Kano State Poly & Aminu Kano School, Scores Injured
- Dog Pepper Soup Seller In Ajao Estate Lagos Steals Neighbours Dogs To Make Soup
- Boko Haram, ISIS, Al Qaeda Terrorists Hold Secret Meeting In Mecca, Saudi Arabia During Hajj
- Lagos shifts schools resumption to Oct 8 • Private, public teachers differ • Doctors dismiss risk of Ebola DESPITE [Sunday, 21 September 2014 23:09]
- IG orders dismantling of road blocks THE Acting Inspector General of Police (IGP), Suleiman Abba has ordered the [Sunday, 21 September 2014 23:07]
- Fresh moves to stop Jonathan, Sambo presidential bid A FRESH legal bid to stop the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from fielding Dr Goodluck Jonathan [Sunday, 21 September 2014 21:44]
- Balewas son rejects Jonathan endorsement •’Jonathan S’ west rally not a breach of electoral law’ The son of Nigeria’s First Republic [Sunday, 21 September 2014 23:05]
- SCourt to decide Obiano, Ngiges fate Monday MONDAY, the legal battle over the victory of the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance [Sunday, 21 September 2014 21:41]
- Auditor General denies indicting Oronsaye for fraud THE office of the Auditor General of the Federation has dissociated itself from a report by an [Sunday, 21 September 2014 23:01]
- APCll form next national govt, says spokesman NATIONAL Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lai Mohammed, at the weekend [Sunday, 21 September 2014 21:40]
- Sanusi links Boko Haram menace to illiteracy, poverty EMIR of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi, has said that illiteracy and high rate of poverty in the country [Sunday, 21 September 2014 22:58]
- AMCON chief denies claims on Ajaokutas status THE Chairman of Assets Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON), Kola Belgore, has disowned the [Sunday, 21 September 2014 21:36]
- Amnesty insists on torture report, criticises Nigeria Police A HUMAN rights group, the Amnesty International (AI), has described the recent Nigeria Police [Sunday, 21 September 2014 22:09]
- APC applauds INEC over readiness to conduct poll Warns against plan to postpone 2015 general elections THE All Progressives Congress (APC) Sunday [Sunday, 21 September 2014 22:02]
- Christian leaders in Cross River condemn alleged blackmail of Oritsejafor CHRISTIAN leaders in Cross River State have denounced the linking of the founder Word of [Sunday, 21 September 2014 20:55]
- Lagos plans DNA test to identify victims of collapsed Synagogue building South Africa mounts pressure THE Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMH) Sunday told The Guardian [Sunday, 21 September 2014 22:01]
- Nigeria at UN: Post-2015 MDGs, terrorism top agenda THREE things would occupy the mind of Nigeria and through her prism, hopefully also engage the [Sunday, 21 September 2014 19:43]
- AMCONs levy on banks to hit N143b in 2014 THE recent increase in levy on the nation’s deposit money banks as part of the contributions to [Sunday, 21 September 2014 18:02]
- Globacom becomes second biggest mobile network operator in Nigeria • Country’s teledensity hits 93.4%, active subscription now 130m NATIONAL operator, Globacom has [Sunday, 21 September 2014 17:58]
- IMF unveils global financial access survey • Spotlights growth in adoption of banking services by African countries THE International [Sunday, 21 September 2014 17:03]
- Investors raise stake on equities with N62.1 billion A turnover of 3.752 billion shares worth N62.12 billion was exchanged in 22,109 deals by investors [Sunday, 21 September 2014 17:56]
- Chime pledges more incentives to investors in Enugu ENUGU State Governor, Sullivan Chime, has assured that his administration would continue to take [Sunday, 21 September 2014 16:59]
- Niger to host investment climate summit ALL is now set for the commencement of the first edition of the Niger state Investment Climate [Sunday, 21 September 2014 17:13]
- Recapitalisation will enhance professionalism, attract global investors SEQUEL to the recapitalisation plans of stock broking firms, which is expected to take effect by [Sunday, 21 September 2014 17:10]
- Microfinance bank partners foundation on N220b MSME fund MANAGING Director, CAFON Micro Finance Bank, Ikam Imanyi, has said that the bank is to assist an [Sunday, 21 September 2014 17:08]
- Overcoming Incurable Bank Charges In Nigeria: The UK Example OF serious concern to every bank account holder or user in Nigeria is the numerous (most [Saturday, 20 September 2014 16:16]
- Stanbic IBTCs ETF 30 to be admitted into NSE list STANBIC IBTC Asset Management Limited said its Exchange Traded Fund (ETF 30) would be admitted [Sunday, 21 September 2014 17:06]
- Strides Energy Acquires Built-In-Nigeria Pipelay Barge THE Nigerian content vision of the Federal Government to transform the oil and gas industry into [Saturday, 20 September 2014 16:14]
- Enyimba bashes Bayelsa United • Nasarawa United continues fairy tale run ENYIMBA, beaten in the midweek by Akwa United, Sunday [Sunday, 21 September 2014 22:29]
- Giwas board threatens jail terms for Warri congress attendees FOR disobeying a Jos high Court order stopping the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Congress held [Sunday, 21 September 2014 22:21]
- Adamawa Lions, Yula are top guns at MTN/Yola Polo tourney Lagos Lintex lead in Emir of Kano Cup race THE glamorous MTN polo extravaganza that is sweeping [Sunday, 21 September 2014 21:27]
- NFF presidential candidate, Dikko, unveils website A FIRST was achieved in the country’s football on Saturday in Warri when one of the Nigeria [Sunday, 21 September 2014 22:19]
- Leicester rallies round, beats Man U 5-3 LEICESTER City came from 3-1 down to beat Manchester United 5-3 in a thrilling Premier League [Sunday, 21 September 2014 17:08]
- Lampards goal earns City draw against Chelsea FRANK Lampard, who is Chelsea’s all time highest goal scorer, Sunday scored one for Manchester [Sunday, 21 September 2014 22:17]
- NFF Set Up New Electoral Body For Election • To Hold On Sept 30 In Warri THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Saturday set up a new [Saturday, 20 September 2014 22:20]
- Extrajoss football tourney zonal qualifiers kick off THE zonal qualifiers of the Season Three of the annual Extrajoss Football Championship will [Sunday, 21 September 2014 22:12]
- Stephen Keshi... Before The Bubble Burst AS coach of the home-based Super Eagles, Daniel Amokachi had the best of support from his [Saturday, 20 September 2014 20:09]
- Morocco 2015 AFCON not out of Eagles reach, says Echiejile ONE point from a possible six is not the hallmark of champions, but Super Eagles’ defender, [Sunday, 21 September 2014 21:35]
- Sports minister pleads with administrators not to tamper with nations football TAMUNO Danagogo, Minister of Sports and Chairman, National Sports Commission, on Saturday [Saturday, 20 September 2014 18:37]
- Quadri leads GD Toledos to Portuguese Super Cup victory NIGERIA’S Aruna Quadri continued with his superb form after sterling performance for his team in [Sunday, 21 September 2014 21:30]
- Angry Gunners Vow To Destroy Villa Sturridge Out, As Liverpool Battle West Ham ASTON Villa captain Ron Vlaar is a major doubt with [Friday, 19 September 2014 19:22]
- Greensprings, others nominated for Nigerian Sports Award FOR its genuine commitment to grassroots sports development, as well as its robust sporting [Sunday, 21 September 2014 21:28]
- Arsenal Eye Swoops For Yobo, Lugano ARSENAL are exploring the free transfer market in a desperate attempt to ease their defensive [Friday, 19 September 2014 19:20]
Some youths in Kaduna State on Sunday carpeted a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, for disparaging the President, Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, over the latters alleged involvement in the $9.3m smuggled cash into Johannesburg, South Africa. Two Nigerians and an Israeli were arrested with the money in… [Read More...]
I wont appear before medical panel, says Suntai Ailing Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State has said that he will not appear before the recently-constituted medical panel set up by the state House of Assembly to determine his state of health. The Speaker, Mr. Josiah Sabo Kente, had set up a five-man medical team to investigate the “true state of health” of Suntai 1-Comment-
THE-History-Society-of-Nigeria-has-called-on-the-Federal-Government-and-other-relevant-agencies-to-promote-History-as-a-subject-in-primary-and-secondary-schools.-The-HSN-made-the-call-on-Saturday-in-Port-Harcourt,-Rivers-State,-ahead-of-its-58th/59th-Congress,-holding-at-the-University-of-Nigeria,-Nsukka,-on-Monday-(today).-It-maintained… [Read-More...]-Jonathan-travels-to-New-York-for-UN-meeting">September 22, 2014 by Chukwudi Akasike
THE History Society of Nigeria has called on the Federal Government and other relevant agencies to promote History as a subject in primary and secondary schools. The HSN made the call on Saturday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, ahead of its 58th/59th Congress, holding at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, on Monday (today). It maintained… [Read More...]
Jonathan travels to New York for UN meeting President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday left the country for New York in the United States of America to attend the 69th Session of the United Nations General Assembly. The Presidents spokesperson, Reuben Abati, who said this in a statement on Sunday, stated that his principal would return to the country on Thursday after “a brief Leave-a-Comment-
President-Goodluck-Jonathan-has-flagged-off-the-distribution-of-relief-materials-to-the-internally-displaced-persons-in-the-North-East.-The-zone-has-been-under-attacks-by-Boko-Haram-insurgents.-The-flagging-off-of-the-distribution-was-performed-on-behalf-of-the-President-by-the-Minister-of-State-for-Power,-Alhaji-Muhammad-Wakil,-at-the-weekend…. [Read-More...]-Ban-on-roadblocks-still-in-force-–-IG">September 22, 2014 by Kayode Idowu
President Goodluck Jonathan has flagged off the distribution of relief materials to the internally displaced persons in the North-East. The zone has been under attacks by Boko Haram insurgents. The flagging off of the distribution was performed on behalf of the President by the Minister of State for Power, Alhaji Muhammad Wakil, at the weekend…. [Read More...]
Ban on roadblocks still in force – IG The Acting Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, has stated that the order banning the setting up of police road-blocks nationwide is still strictly in force. A statement by the Force Public Relations Officer, Emmanuel Ojukwu, on Sunday in Abuja, said Abba described the trend as a serious violation of subsisting order on road-blocks and warned Leave-a-Comment-
The-Judiciary-Staff-Union-of-Nigeria,-South-South-Zone,-has-declared-that-its-members-in-Rivers-State-will-continue-with-their-strike-until-the-crisis-over-who-becomes-the-Chief-Judge-of-the-state-is-resolved.-JUSUN-said-that-since-its-national-body-had-taken-over-the-issue,-it-was-better-for-the-judiciary-workers-in… [Read-More...]-Why-Tambuwal-shunned-PDP-NEC-meeting-—Investigation">September 22, 2014 by Chukwudi Akasike
The Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria, South-South Zone, has declared that its members in Rivers State will continue with their strike until the crisis over who becomes the Chief Judge of the state is resolved. JUSUN said that since its national body had taken over the issue, it was better for the judiciary workers in… [Read More...]
Why Tambuwal shunned PDP NEC meeting —Investigation The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, shunned last Thursdays National Executive Committee meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party to evade the decision of the party to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan as its sole 2015 presidential candidate, The PUNCH has learnt. Findings showed that Tambuwal was in Abuja throughout Thursday and was 9-Comments-
The-son-of-Nigerias-First-Republic-Prime-Minister,-Dr.-Abdul-Jhalil-Tafawa-Balewa,-has-said-he-will-contest-the-2015-presidential-election-on-the-platform-of-the-Peoples-Democratic-Party.-Tafawa-Balewa-condemned-the-plot-by-the-national-leadership-of-the-party-to-demoralise-other-presidential-aspirants-by-adopting-President-Goodluck-Jonathan-as-the-sole-presidential-candidate-of… [Read-More...]-FIRS-disowns-online-recruitment-advert">September 22, 2014 by Olusola Fabiyi
The son of Nigerias First Republic Prime Minister, Dr. Abdul-Jhalil Tafawa-Balewa, has said he will contest the 2015 presidential election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party. Tafawa-Balewa condemned the plot by the national leadership of the party to demoralise other presidential aspirants by adopting President Goodluck Jonathan as the sole presidential candidate of… [Read More...]
FIRS disowns online recruitment advert The Federal Inland Revenue Service has warned Nigerians to discountenance online recruitment adverts credited to the organisation. The FIRS, in a statement on its website, said that it was not undergoing any recruitment for now. A statement published on the FIRS website and which is still running on the FIRS website as of Sunday, read Leave-a-Comment-
Some-young-people-in-the-All-Progressives-Congress,-under-the-aegis-of-the-All-Progressives-Youths,-Lagos-State-chapter,-have-called-on-political-aspirants-in-Lagos-to-shun-violent-conducts-that-could-cause-problems-in-the-state.-The-National-President-of-APY,-Oluwaseyi-Bamigbade,-who-said-the-group-was-concerned-about-the-attitude-of-some… [Read-More...]-Lagos-monarch-to-Sanusi:-Restore-peace-to-North">September 22, 2014 by Sesan Olufowobi
Some young people in the All Progressives Congress, under the aegis of the All Progressives Youths, Lagos State chapter, have called on political aspirants in Lagos to shun violent conducts that could cause problems in the state. The National President of APY, Oluwaseyi Bamigbade, who said the group was concerned about the attitude of some… [Read More...]
Lagos monarch to Sanusi: Restore peace to North The Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, has called on aggrieved royal families in Kano State to join hands with the Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, to end insurgency and restore peace in the North. The monarch gave the charge during a courtesy visit by Sanusi to his palace. The visit was Sanusis first official
- IT News Africa: Top Stories of the Week This week in tech has been especially exceptional not only is tech booming across Africa, but the continent also came in strong as Huawei revealed its GCI findings at the 2014 Huawei World Congress. Reporting straight out of China, at the event, we also witnessed as Huawei unveiled future tech which is set to drive ...
- Hitachi & Clarion to accelerate dev of connected cars Hitachi Data Systems Corporation (HDS) has announced a partnership with Clarion Corporation of America, a leader in consumer and commercial mobile electronics, to jointly research and develop new data-driven solutions for deployment in the next generation of...
- Huawei brings next-gen Agile Network solution to SA Huawei has announced the South African launch of its much-acclaimed agile network solution at The Forum in Johannesburg. Huawei’s agile network is the industry’s first network centred on services, users, and experiences. Huawei’s agile network...
- MTN introduces new WoW tiers MTN South Africa introduced two new WoW tiers for its prepaid customers to give them even more budget flexibility and additional value in their voice and data usage. In addition to already popular WoW bouquet of promotions, MTN is rewarding customers who use...
- Social media is transforming money transfers to Africa A new World Bank Development Research Group Report released in August, sponsored by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, shows that digital payments and remittances are playing a key role in increasing financial inclusion throughout the developing world...
- E-commerce booming in Nigeria Managing Director of online hotel booking platform Jovago, Marek Zmyslowsk,i has stated that e-commerce is the key driving innovation factor for mobile payments in Nigeria. In a statement made on a panel for Mobile Payment Solutions for the Nigerian Market at...
- Airtel Africa announces leadshiper shuffle Bharti Airtel has announced the appointment of three key business leaders in The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Niger. The leadership roles, according to the company, will become effective as of October 1, 2014. According to Airtel Africa, Djibril...
- Nigeria: Jumia unveils same day delivery service Jumia has introduced a same day delivery to its customers in Lagos, exactly two years after its major competitor, Konga, introduced a similar service in the country. According to Nicolas Martin, Jumia’s Managing Director, the online retailer’s goal is...
- Kenya: Interswitch acquires a Paynet Group Interswitch Transnational Holding (“Interswitch”), the leading pan-African integrated payments company, announces it has reached a partnership agreement with the Paynet Group (“Paynet”), East Africa’s leading multi-institutional payments provider,...
- Orange, BANK OF AFRICA in mobile financial services partnership BANK OF AFRICA and Orange Money customers will be able to transfer money directly from their Orange Money account to their BOA account and vice versa. Orange (http://www.orange.com) customers will have the opportunity to carry out safe and real-time...
- Jonathan meets Obama, Cameron, Ki-Moon at UN General Assembly President Goodluck Jonathan left Abuja yesterday en route to New York for the 69th Session of the United Nations General Assembly. A statement issued yesterday by his Special Adviser on… ...
- Ban on road blocks remains, IGP insists The acting Inspector- General of Police, Suleiman Abba, has stated that the order banning the setting up of police road-blocks nationwide is still strictly in force. This was disclosed in… ...
- Court asked to nullify INEC’s new 30,027 polling units A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has been asked to nullify the 30,027 new polling units recently created by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC. The plaintiffs, Ikogi Joseph… ...
- Unity schools’ teachers begin indefinite strike Teachers in the 104 Federal Government colleges nationwide have embarked on indefinite strike, beginning from today. The industrial action is to press home their demands which border, among others on… ...
- Planning Minister to conduct staff audit, re-deploys directors The Minister of National Planning, Dr. Abubakar Sulaiman, has unveiled plans to conduct staff audit in the National Planning Commission, NPC, and its parastatals. This is even as he had… ...
- AMCON boss seeks upgrade of Ajaokuta steel mills The Chairman, Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria, AMCON, Kola Belgore, has urged the Federal Government and other stakeholders in the steel industry to ensure the resuscitation of Ajaokuta Steel Company… ...
- Ex-minister declares for Bauchi guber race Former minister of State for Health, Prof. Muhammad Ali Pate, has expressed his interest to contest for the Bauchi State gubernatorial seat on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party,… ...
- 2015: Kaduna youths slam el-Rufai over comment on CAN leader A group, Kaduna Patriotic Youths for Development, KYPD, at the weekend moved against former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mallam Nasiru el-Rufai, over his recent comments ‘disparaging’ the… ...
- Guber aspirant decries persistent insurgency The All Progressives Congress, APC, gubernatorial aspirant in Bauchi State, Dr. Ibrahim Yakubu Lame, has described as unfortunate the persistent security challenge in the North- East zone of the country,… ...
- ABUAD students to understudy Julius Berger in Germany Engineering Students of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, ABUAD, are to understudy Julius Berger operations in Germany, with a view to making them real and robust professionals on graduation. The Vice… ...
APC warns against plan to postpone 2015 polls
All Progressives Congress (APC) has warned those allegedly nursing a plan to postpone the 2015… ...Why Jonathan’ll win second term
Alhaji Asari Dokubo means different things to different persons. Controversial, a rebel. freedom fighter, noisemaker… ...2015: ‘Ogun people want change in government’
Dr. (Mrs.) Abisola Sodipo-Clark is the Chairman of the National Ear-Care Centre, Kaduna. Sodipo-Clark is… ...Why I supported Aregbesola –Olatunbosun, House of Assembly aspirant
Yinka Olatunbosun (JP) is a seasoned Administrator and a management expert with over 15 years… ...2015: It’s fight to finish in Ado, Okpokwu/Ogbadibo federal constituency
As the wind of the 2015 general elections continues to blow across the length and… ...Nwanyanwu: LP is not my father’s estate
…Turns down 3rd term offer Outgoing National Chairman of the Labour party, LP, Chief Dan… ...My mission is to build trust in the youths –Lawal, LSHA aspirant The Republic
Young, dynamic and suave. These adjectives best describe Lookman Oyewole Lawal fondly called LOL by… ...2015: Revolution is the answer – Balarabe
Former Governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Abdulkadir Balarabe Musa has said that for the 2015… ...Omisore flays INEC over redeployment of Osun REC
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the August 9, 2014 governorship election in Osun… ...2015: Why APC is headed for the rocks –Senator Emordi
Senator Joy Emordi, fondly called “the Joy of the National Assembly” by colleagues during her… ...How co-tenant slaughtered our children
… Benin couple on their horror after a neighbour slits their children’s throats, injuring the… ...Dethroned Enugu traditional ruler states own case
*Says ‘my removal political’ *No, he is no longer popular – Govt Dethroned Enugu traditional… ...Govt must fund education to ensure development –Amaechi
Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi has expressed the need for government to improve on funding… ...Lawyers mustn’t aid disobedience of court orders –Oshiomhole
Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole has challenged members of the Bar to speak up against… ...Anxiety in Yenagoa Prisons over escape of 3 inmates
Panic and confusion have gripped the Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State over… ...1.19million endorse Jonathan at TAN’s North–east rally
The North-east Zonal rally of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) which held yesterday in… ...Iwoye-Ketu: Town on the Nigeria-Benin border where umbrella is forbidden
It may sound strange, but it is real! In Iwoye-Ketu, a border town in Imeko/Afon… ...Tales of sorrow, agony in Adamawa
…As Boko Haram leaves devastation in its trail The continuing rampage of Boko Haram in… ...3 kidnappers lynched in Calabar
Luck ran out on a suspected kidnap gang as three of them were lynched yesterday… ...Security, infrastructure our focus – Jonathan
President Goodluck Jonathan has assured that the Federal Government would not relent in its infrastructural… ...Why Nigeria’s oil sector’s not growing – Abazie, Strides Energy and Maritime boss
Mr. Moritz Abazie is the Managing Director Strides Energy and Maritime Limited, an indigenous petroleum… ...Incessant boat accidents threaten water transport industry
…Negligence, poor enforcement to blame Nigeria’s huge investment in the water transportation sector may go… ...CBN retains lending rate at 12%, CRR at 75%
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said that, it has kept the Monetary Policy Rate… ...Made-in-Aba shoe daily export hits 1m pairs
The Aba shoe industry project in South-East Nigeria is heading for global market with daily… ...IFC, others commit $400m to power generation
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), Lafarge Nigeria Limited, and Wartsila Development and Financial Services Company… ...Learn Africa urges FG to raise education budget
Learn Africa(LA) Plc, formerly Longman Nigeria Plc, has urged the Federal Government to increase its budgetary allocation for education to address deficiencies in infrastructural facilities, instructional materials and teacher training. ...TCIP Customs generates N21.16bn revenue
The Tin Can Island Port (TCIP) Command of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) says it generated a total of N21.16 billion as revenue in August 2014.A statement by the Controller of the command, Jibrin Zakari, said the figure was lower than the N23.4 collected in July. The statement also revealed that May and June have been the highest revenue earning months for the command with over N26 billion. ...Berthing delay: NPA unveils electronic ship entry notice
Vessels berthing at the nation’s ports have began to enjoy a quicker turnaround time as the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has unveiled its electronic ship entry notice (e-sen) meant to deal with the problem of cargo delay and turnaround time of ships. ...FG releases another N200bn for Q3
Federal Government yesterday made another N200 billion release for capital projects, thus making a total of N600 billion so far released in the first, second and third quarters of 2014. ...Blackout looms in Abuja, as lightening damages power equipment
The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has explained that the power black out and load… ...Game of Thrones’ star for cyber-bullying drama
U.K. actress, Maisie Williams, aka Arya Stark from HBO’s Game of Thrones, is set to play a… ...Cool FM’s 16th anniversary bash holds Oct. 1
Cool FM 96.9 is rolling out the drums to celebrate its 16th anniversary in grand… ...Pastor Ighodalo hosts Enter D Lafta today
All is set for this year’s edition of Enter D Lafta as the organizers have… ...Desmond Elliott, O.C Ukeje dazzle in new comedy flick
Despond Elliot and OC Ukeje are among a galaxy of stars set to dazzle in… ...My favourite food is kundu–Monique Gieskes
She was classy and full of panache as she walked into the conference room of… ...Zeb Ejiro’s Yellow Cassava to premiere at AIFF
All is set for the premier of frontline movie maker, Zeb Ejiro’s latest movie entitled… ...DJ Jimmy Jatt drops Intro video
Coming on the heels of the celebration of his 25 years in the music industry,… ...How I crashed out of Nigerian Idol–Olufunke Akinjo
For Olufunke Akinjo aka Funky Praise, her burning desire to propagate the word of God… ...At Monalisa Chinda’s birthday party…
Indeed, it is the season of celebrity-birthday. Nigeria’s ‘Monalisa of Troy,’ I mean, Monalisa Chinda… ...Chidinma VS Yemi Alade: Who is Nigeria’s Princess of Pop?
Like it is in politics and other fields of human endeavour, the female folk no… ...
- NBS data show Lagos outperforms 13 other states in IGR - The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) recently released data on the 2013 internally generated revenue (IGR) of 14 states, showing Lagos outperforms or leapfrogs others. Of the N590.60 billion generated by the 14 states, Lagos alone accounted for 65 percent of the total figure or N384.26 billion, questioning the viability of other states of the
- Union Diagnostic in growth spurt as H1 net income doubles - Union Diagnostic and Clinical Services, a Nigerian company that deals in ultra sound diagnostic facilities, is in a growth spurt as half year (H1) net income doubled amid environmental challenges, analysis of the financial statement shows. For the first six months through June 2014, the company’s profit after tax increased by 50.98 percent to N41.93
- ‘Increased internet access to generate more consumer spend across Africa’ - Increased internet access will generate more consumer spend than any other media product or service in the next five years in the African entertainment and media industry, according to a report issued by PwC. South Africa’s entertainment and media market is expected to grow by 10.2 percent compounded annually (CAGR) from 2014 – 2018 to
- Liberia oil bid round courts ECOWAS companies - A new Liberian bid round for four offshore oil blocs is courting investment from ECOWAS companies, using an incentive that targets regional upstream operators that is the first of its kind in a bid round. The ‘Local Content Participation’ provisions included in the design of the bid round will give preference to bidding groups with
- IBEDC plans embedded power generation to boost capacity - The Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) says it plans to raise its capacity through embedded power generation, even as the distribution company prepares to launch a new brand identity ahead of its one year anniversary in November. Speaking at a pre-event press conference in Ibadan, Fortunatus Leynes, managing director/CEO, revealed that the company will hold
- BoI enumerates access to finance requirements for MSMEs - Micro, small and medium scale enterprises (MSME) operators in the agro-processing industry who wish to have access to finance should no longer despair as the Bank of Industry (BoI) has outlined general and specific requirements for accessing the newly launched Cottage Agro Processing (CAP) Fund. BoI had recently launched the N5 billion CAP Fund with
- Lafarge Africa enters consolidation phase - The newly-emerged Lafarge Africa is showing strong confidence in the Nigerian economy, having entered into a phase that can best be described as a consolidation one. Exactly last Monday, Lafarge completed the acquisition of its shareholdings in Lafarge South Africa Holdings (Pty) Limited (LSAH), the United Cement Company of Nigeria Limited (Unicem) through Egyptian Cement
- Unilever’s €150m investments in 3 years underline FMCG potential - With Unilever’s €150 million investments in Nigeria in the last three years, the potentials of the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) segment is no longer in doubt. FMCG or consumer packaged goods (CPG) are products that are sold quickly and at relatively low cost. Examples include non-durable goods such as soft drinks, toiletries, over-the-counter drugs, toys,
- Value beer growth levels to remain robust amid lower margins - Brewers’ efforts to push up the value segment or brands will continue to yield positive growth results, though the revenue and profit margins could remain lower than those of the mainstream brands. “We expect the value segment will continue to experience higher growth levels vs mainstream beers, but the margins for this segment are lower,”
- ‘More needs to be done to promote entrepreneurship’ - Olumurewa Odunjo, president/CEO, LS Scientific, in this interview with the Start-Up Digest team, provides an insight on science and engineering services, and highlights challenges facing the industry and entrepreneurship growth in Nigeria How did you come about LS Scientific? Having worked in the industry for about (8) eight years with industry leaders like Thermo Fisher
- NFF fire report ready next week Unless there is a sudden change of plan, the much expected report of the Federal Fire Service (FFS) on the fire incident that ravaged the accounts section and the office of the general secretary last month will be out this week. [September 22, 2014]
- Let the best run Nigerian football – Uchegbulam One of the candidates in the September 30 NFF elections, Amanze Uchegbulam has challenged delegates to the forthcoming elective congress to eschew sentiments and elect the best leaders for Nigerian football as that was the only pointer to the growth of the game in the country. [September 22, 2014]
- Akpabio Scrabble Classics: Trophies arrive Uyo As the minutes tick towards the kick off of the highest ranked Scrabble Competition in the world, the Godswill Akpabio International Scrabble Classics, the host Association has confirmed the arrival in Uyo of the 24 custom-made trophies and medals in all the categories even as the Five Star Le meridian Hotel venue of the Classics has been confirmed. [September 22, 2014]
- I want to improve on our achievements – Umeh As the September 30 election into the Nigeria Football Federation Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation draws near, outgoing First Vice President, Chief Mike Umeh sees himself in a pole position ahead of other contestants for the NFF presidency. [September 22, 2014]
- Ahmed Musa thrilled with Moscow derby winner On-form striker Ahmed Musa is thrilled to have scored the winner for CSKA Moscow in 1-0 win over city rivals Locomotiv Moscow . [September 21, 2014]
- Police investigate Twitter racist abuse of Balotelli Mario Balotelli found himself on the receiving end of yet more racist abuse on Sunday after a jokey reference to Manchester United’s shock defeat by Leicester sparked a flurry of invective on social media. [September 21, 2014]
- Lampard ends Chelsea’s perfect start, Leicester stun United Frank Lampard came back to haunt Chelsea as 10-man Manchester City rallied to earn a share of the spoils after a dramatic encounter at the Etihad Stadium. [September 21, 2014]
- NFF Congress sues for peace The Minister of Sports and Chairman of the National Sports Commission, Dr Tammy Danagogo has thrown his full weight behind the Nigeria Football Federation Congress when he appealed to stake holders not to allow detractors truncate the steady growth of the sport in Nigeria. [September 21, 2014]
- Warri to host Sept 30 NFF elective Congress The Nigeria Football Federation Congress rose in Warri, Delta State on Saturday with a resolution to return to the oil city for its elective Congress of September 30. [September 21, 2014]
- First Bank gears up for African women club basketball First Bank Basketball club of Lagos head coach, Aderemi Adewunmi has defended the early commencement of his team’s preparation for the Africa Club Women Championship qualifiers later this year. The The team has been training at the the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos [September 21, 2014]
- Cameroon, Cote’d Ivoire, Guinea to host Nations Cup Cameroon, Cote ‘d Ivoire and Guinea were named as future hosts of the Africa Cup of Nations by the Confederation of African Football (Caf) yesterday, by the executive committee meeting of the continent’s soccer ruling body meeting in Addis Abba, Ethiopia. [September 20, 2014]
- Arsenal stun Villa 3-0 Arsenal stopped Aston Villa going top of the Premier League with a 3-0 win on Saturday. [September 20, 2014]
- Kranjcar leaves it late to rescue QPR against Moses-inspired Stoke QPR narrowly avoided their fourth Premier League defeat of the season as a fine late equaliser from Croatia midfielder Niko Kranjcar rescued a 2-2 draw against Stoke on Saturday [September 20, 2014]
- Toure wants to deliver Champions League to City fans Ivory Coast star midfielder Yaya Toure tells the BBC on Saturday that he is fully committed to English champions Manchester City and wants above all to win the Champions League for them [September 20, 2014]
- Pellegrini takes aim at ‘perfect’ Chelsea Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini believes ending Chelsea’s 100 percent Premier League record would mean his side had made a decent start to their defence of the English title [September 20, 2014]
- Suarez already a good signing, says Enrique Barcelona boss Luis Enrique believes Luis Suarez has already proved his worth despite not having even played a competitive game since his £75 million move from Liverpool. [September 20, 2014]
- Mikel isn’t special -Sofoluwe Ex-international Yisa Sofoluwe is a man of very few words. He seldom speaks. Rather than speak, he allows his action do the talking for him. During his time playing for Nigeria, Sofoluwe was a no-nonsense defender. He was feared by the opposition strikers, most of whom could barely come close to him to contest the ball. They feared he was going to clinically take the ball away from them. [September 20, 2014]
- CAF decides AFCON 2019, 2022 hosts Five nations and two editions of the Nations Cup will be the focus for the Confederation of African Football this weekend when a vote is held to decide who will host the 2019 and 2021 tournaments. [September 20, 2014]
- Moses to lead Stoke’s assault Queens Park Rangers and Stoke City will lock horns at Loftus Road tomorrow, with both sides desperate to jump start their respective Premier League campaigns, with Nigerian striker Victor Moses angling to lead Stoke’s attack. Rangers have endured a tough return to the English top flight this season, having lost both their opening two league [September 20, 2014]
- AFCON 2015: Eagles’ll fly again, qualify – Echiejile Super Eagles left-full back Elderson Echiejile has backed the Super Eagles to bounce back from their recent poor spells against Congo and South Africa and qualify for 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. [September 19, 2014]
- FIFA rankings: Eagles drop to 37th THE Super Eagles’ winless start to the 2015 Africa Nations cup qualifiers has cost them dearly as they have dropped four places in the latest FIFA rankings. [September 19, 2014]
- Moses vows to reclaim Eagles slot Stoke City’s forward Victor Moses has vowed to fight his way back into the starting lineup of the Super Eagles in next month’s double header 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying against Sudan. [September 19, 2014]
- Enyimba can still beat Pillars to the title – Ikhana Enyimba manager Kadiri Ikhana says his team will get better and keep fighting for the league crown, despite succumbing to a 1-0 defeat to Akwa United in a week 26 fixture of the Nigeria professional football league on Wednesday. [September 19, 2014]
- NSA 2014: Okagbare, Enyeama top nomination list THE 2014 Nigerian Sports Award has entered the voting phase as the top three nominees for each of the different categories of the award have emerged. [September 19, 2014]
- Oshoala confident of AWC success Canada 2014 FIFA women’s U20 World Cup most valuable player, Asisat Oshoala, says the target for Nigeria is to reclaim the Africa Women’s championship which is set to be held in Namibia in October. [September 18, 2014]
- Appiah exposes Ghanaian can of worms Ex-Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah has broken his silence over what wrecked Ghana’s 2014 World Cup campaign revealing that several failed promises by government over when the Black Stars appearance fee would be paid led to the team’s dismal showing. [September 18, 2014]
- Bashi Ali title fight: 200 companies turn down sponsorship proposals No fewer than 200 companies have turned down proposals for the sponsorship of Bash Ali’s “Guinness Book of World Record’’ title fight. [September 18, 2014]
- Why FIFA GOAL project has not taken off in Anambra – commissioner Mr Tony Nnacheta, Anambra State Commissioner for Youths and Sports, has revealed why the FIFA GOAL project in the state had not taken off. [September 18, 2014]
- Stop blabbing and fight me, Pacquiao tells Mayweather challenge to Floyd Mayweather Jnr on Thursday, daring the American world champion to “fight me” instead of setting terms that could torpedo the dream bout. [September 18, 2014]
- 30% of Keshi’s players have no business in Super Eagles – Ladipo Apparently angered by the rather poor start of the Super Eagles to the Morocco 2015 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers, President General of the Nigeria Football Supporters Club, Dr. Rafiu Ladipo says no fewer than 30% of the current squad have no business being in the national team. [September 18, 2014]
- Adepoju: I’m Worried About Nigerian Football Former Super Eagles midfielder Mutiu Adepoju has expressed concern about the future of Nigerian football, after the country failed to win a game during the first phase of qualifiers for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. [September 18, 2014]
- Akpabio Classics: N18m prize money highest in World circuit Despite a review of the Prize money for this year’s Godswill Akpabio International Scrabble Classics, the total prize money of eighteen million naira is still the highest in the world. [September 18, 2014]