- Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: April 13–19 - Council on Foreign Relations Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: April 13–19 Council on Foreign Relations
This update represents violence in Nigeria and related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger from April 13 to 19, 2019.
- Nigeria's Shia protesters: A minority at odds with the government - Al Jazeera English Nigeria's Shia protesters: A minority at odds with the government Al Jazeera English
After much bloodshed, rallies continue as prominent Shia leader Ibrahim El Zakzaky languishes in prison.
- British, Nigerian nationals shot dead in central Nigeria - Washington Post British, Nigerian nationals shot dead in central Nigeria Washington Post
LAGOS, Nigeria — Police and the British High Commission say a British woman and a Nigerian citizen have been shot dead in north-central Nigeria.
- Nigeria oil output to decrease 8 percent daily after fire - Washington Post Nigeria oil output to decrease 8 percent daily after fire Washington Post
WARRI, Nigeria — An oil company in Nigeria is declaring a “force majeure” shutdown after a fire. The temporary closure is expected to cut Nigeria's oil ...
- 10 dead in Nigeria as policeman rams car into crowd - RTE.ie 10 dead in Nigeria as policeman rams car into crowd RTE.ie
Ten people were killed and more than 30 injured when a policeman rammed his car into a group of children during an Easter procession in northeast Nigeria, ...
- UN Humanitarian coordinator in Nigeria expresses condolences for the death of two aid workers in attack by gunmen - africanews UN Humanitarian coordinator in Nigeria expresses condolences for the death of two aid workers in attack by gunmen africanews
The United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria, Mr. Edward Kallon, has extended his heartfelt condolences to the families, colleagues and friends of ...
- Jordyn Woods Celebrates Easter in Nigeria After Saying She'll 'Always' Love Kylie Jenner - PEOPLE.com Jordyn Woods Celebrates Easter in Nigeria After Saying She'll 'Always' Love Kylie Jenner PEOPLE.com
Jordyn Woods has been spending most of her time with her family since the Tristan Thompson cheating scandal.
- Nigeria's 'Twin Town' Has High Number of Multiple Births - Voice of America Nigeria's 'Twin Town' Has High Number of Multiple Births Voice of America
In Yoruba culture, twins are so common that they are traditionally given specific names -- depending on whether they were born first or second.
- Welcome to FIFA.com News - Angola set for debut, Guinea, Cameroon, Nigeria qualify - FIFA.com Welcome to FIFA.com News - Angola set for debut, Guinea, Cameroon, Nigeria qualify FIFA.com
Angola are set to appear at their first ever FIFA U-17 World Cup, joining Guinea, Nigeria and Cameroon in winning a berth for Brazil 2019 at the CAF U-17 Africa ...
- Key Nigerian Oil Export Pipeline Under Force Majeure After Fire Breaks Out - OilPrice.com Key Nigerian Oil Export Pipeline Under Force Majeure After Fire Breaks Out OilPrice.com
The Nembe Creek Trunk Line has been partially shut down as its operator called a force majeure on Sunday due to a fire.
- Nigeria Football Federation helping Kelechi Nwakali sort visa issue - BBC Sport Nigeria Football Federation helping Kelechi Nwakali sort visa issue BBC Sport
Nigeria Football Federation is helping Arsenal's Kelechi Nwakali deal with a visa issue that has seen him stranded in the country since March.
- Nigeria: Herdsmen Attacks, Boko Haram and the Cross - Christianheadlines.com Nigeria: Herdsmen Attacks, Boko Haram and the Cross Christianheadlines.com
JOS, Nigeria, April 22, 2019 (Morning Star News) – At midnight on April 14, I received a phone call about an attack in Konshu village, confirming my fear that it ...
- Arguments In The Nigerian Left By Edwin Madunagu - SaharaReporters.com Arguments In The Nigerian Left By Edwin Madunagu SaharaReporters.com
The 2019 general electionsprovoked undeclared and unstructured discussions and debates in the Nigerian Left. Of the various themes that can be articulated ...
- Nigeria hoping to provide curling's 'Cool Runnings' moment - CBC.ca Nigeria hoping to provide curling's 'Cool Runnings' moment CBC.ca
For the first time in the history of curling, Nigeria is hitting the pebbled ice at a world curling championship. Yes, the African nation has a curling team. As Devin ...
- Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: April 13–19, 2019 - Nigeria - ReliefWeb Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: April 13–19, 2019 - Nigeria ReliefWeb
English News and Press Release on Nigeria about Protection and Human Rights; published on 22 Apr 2019 by CFR.
- In pictures: Wearing fancy dress for big yams in Nigeria - BBC News In pictures: Wearing fancy dress for big yams in Nigeria BBC News
It has been one big party this week in the town of Arondizuogu in southern Nigeria, with feasting and parades to give thanks for the last harvest and to usher in ...
- Nigeria's Women Football Struggles for Funds - VOA Zimbabwe Nigeria's Women Football Struggles for Funds VOA Zimbabwe
Nigeria's women's football team, the Super Falcons, dominate the African Women's Championship - winning 9 out of 11 recognized titles. But the players ...
- Nigeria's Energy Future Challenged By Weak Rule Of Law - Forbes Nigeria's Energy Future Challenged By Weak Rule Of Law Forbes
Nigeria's aspirations of economic development under newly elected President Muhammadu Buhari continue to be hampered by corruption and weak rule of law, ...
- Nine-year-old Nigerian chef: 'I want to make food for the president' - BBC News Nine-year-old Nigerian chef: 'I want to make food for the president' BBC News
Nine-year-old chef Sammy started cooking two years ago and now works with local orphanages in Lagos.
- Cameroon, Nigeria, Chad, Niger Deploy Troops After Fresh Attack - VOA News Cameroon, Nigeria, Chad, Niger Deploy Troops After Fresh Attack VOA News
The Multi-National Joint Task Force of the Lake Chad Basin Commission made up of forces from Cameroon, Nigeria, Chad and Niger, has deployed troops after ...
- Opinion: Nigeria is a cold-blooded country for gay men -- I have the scars to prove it - CNN Opinion: Nigeria is a cold-blooded country for gay men -- I have the scars to prove it CNN
Richard Akuson founded a magazine for gay men in Nigeria, it left him vulnerable in a place where homophobia is rife. Akuson writes for CNN, talking for the first ...
- Nigeria's chief justice banned from holding public office - Al Jazeera English Nigeria's chief justice banned from holding public office Al Jazeera English
Ethics court orders any cash found in Walter Onnoghen's foreign bank accounts be taken by the treasury.
- Using bacteria and blockchain to clean up oil spills in Nigeria - The Hindu Using bacteria and blockchain to clean up oil spills in Nigeria The Hindu
Since the dawn of Nigeria's oil boom era in the 1970s, the people of the Niger Delta region have had to face its devastating consequences. With more than ...
- Nigeria’s President Promises, Again, to Bring Back Kidnapped Chibok Students - The New York Times Nigeria’s President Promises, Again, to Bring Back Kidnapped Chibok Students The New York Times
DAKAR, Senegal — Some of the young women are thriving at a new school. Some have returned home to their family farms. But the fates of more than 100 other ...
- Nigeria borrows for critical projects - Minister - Journalducameroun.com - English Nigeria borrows for critical projects - Minister Journalducameroun.com - English
Published on 22.04.2019 at 11h21 by APA News. Share. Nigeria's Minister of Finance, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, has said the government borrows to deliver on its ...
- I’m Nigerian by birth, says Atiku - The Punch I’m Nigerian by birth, says Atiku The Punch
…says server results are not false. Ade Adesomoju, Abuja. The Peoples Democratic Party's candidate in the February 23 presidential election, Alhaji Atiku ...
- Nigeria building safety: Questions after deadly collapse - Aljazeera.com Nigeria building safety: Questions after deadly collapse Aljazeera.com
After a building collapsed killing 20 children, questions are raised about building safety standards in Nigeria.
- Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr closes door on new players for Afcon - Goal.com Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr closes door on new players for Afcon Goal.com
Despite admitting goalkeeping concerns, the Super Eagles boss is unwilling to test new players before the African showpiece.
- Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Government, Says Fasanmi - SaharaReporters.com Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Government, Says Fasanmi SaharaReporters.com
Ninety-three-year-old Senator Ayo Fasanmi, a leader of the pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, says the parliamentary system of government is the most appropriate ...
- Nigerian corruption is draining its small businesses - Quartz Nigerian corruption is draining its small businesses Quartz
Relative to their high cost, these programs appear to help very few actual small businesses. Instead, they are set up to fail—eroding trust in government.
- World Bank loan portfolio in Nigeria now $8.67bn - The Punch World Bank loan portfolio in Nigeria now $8.67bn The Punch
Everest Amaefule, Abuja World Bank loan portfolio in Nigeria now stands at $8.67bn, an investigation has shown. Loans from the International Deve...
- Nigeria in danger with rising exam fraud, says MSSN - The Punch Nigeria in danger with rising exam fraud, says MSSN The Punch
Tare Youdeowei The Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria has expressed displeasure at the growing examination malpractices in the country following ...
- Afcon 2019: Zimbabwe planning matches against South Africa, Nigeria - Goal.com Afcon 2019: Zimbabwe planning matches against South Africa, Nigeria Goal.com
The Warriors are keen to reach the Afcon knockouts, and are in the process of scheduling warm-up matches against some continental heavyweights.
- Nigeria's 'propaganda secretaries' | News | Africa - Mail and Guardian Nigeria's 'propaganda secretaries' | News | Africa Mail and Guardian
Nigerian politicians don't always understand how social media works, but they know they need it. As the country geared up for national elections earlier this year ...
- JPMorgan’s Role in Nigerian Oil Deal Has Come Back to Haunt It - The New York Times JPMorgan’s Role in Nigerian Oil Deal Has Come Back to Haunt It The New York Times
A JPMorgan Chase account in London was used to send roughly $900 million to government officials involved in a scheme to profit from an offshore oil field.
- Nigeria on the edge - Washington Examiner Nigeria on the edge Washington Examiner
The outcome of Nigeria's recent presidential election was generally well received here in Washington. Incumbent Muhammadu Buhari — who four years ago ...
- Nigeria: Mobilizing Resources to Invest in People - International Monetary Fund Nigeria: Mobilizing Resources to Invest in People International Monetary Fund
April 3, 2019. Spending on health and education in Nigeria is among the lowest in the world. To fund these crucial sectors, Nigeria will have to maximize the ...
- Stolen Dreams: How Corruption Negates Government Assistance to Nigeria's Small Businesses - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Stolen Dreams: How Corruption Negates Government Assistance to Nigeria's Small Businesses Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Nigeria is known globally as a petro-economy but, in reality, it is a country of small business people. These entrepreneurs, whether informal traders, cottage ...
- Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: March 30–April 5 - Council on Foreign Relations Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: March 30–April 5 Council on Foreign Relations
This update represents violence in Nigeria and related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger from March 30 to April 5, 2019.
- Nigeria’s post-coloniality of savagery - The Nation Newspaper Nigeria’s post-coloniality of savagery The Nation Newspaper
It can be claimed, without much fear of contradiction, that human beings are by nature, corrupt and/or selfish, although they still have to live together..
- Nigeria given Women's World Cup boost as Asisat Oshoala returns for Barcelona - Goal.com Nigeria given Women's World Cup boost as Asisat Oshoala returns for Barcelona Goal.com
The Nigerian is back from injury ahead of France 2019 and ensured the Spanish side secured an away win in Munich.
- With Buhari, Osinbajo, Lawan, Gbaja, Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is Now A Moral Burden On Nigeria By Fredrick Nwabufo - SaharaReporters.com With Buhari, Osinbajo, Lawan, Gbaja, Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is Now A Moral Burden On Nigeria By Fredrick Nwabufo SaharaReporters.com
It is now a moral burden on Nigeria that a president of Igbo extraction emerges in 2023. If we are serious about our unity, then we must take cognisance of the ...
- Boosting rice production in Nigeria - BBC News Boosting rice production in Nigeria BBC News
Rice is a staple in Nigeria, and the country consumes almost 7 million tonnes of it a year. That's a lot of rice, and in order to keep up with demand, the country ...
- Army goes for made in Nigeria TechnoGas cylinders - P.M. News Army goes for made in Nigeria TechnoGas cylinders P.M. News
The Nigerian Army has taken delivery of LPG cylinders manufactured by a Nigerian company for the flag off of its LPG Welfare Scheme, aimed at […]
- Major new inquiry into oil spills in Nigeria's Niger Delta launched - CNN Major new inquiry into oil spills in Nigeria's Niger Delta launched CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) A major new inquiry into oil companies operating in the Niger Delta has been launched by the Archbishop of York, John Sentamu.
- Nigeria to diversify economy away from oil - Aljazeera.com Nigeria to diversify economy away from oil Aljazeera.com
Nigeria imports a lot of its food, which is bought using money earned from selling oil.
- The fatal shooting of a Nigerian man brings more demands to shut down a controversial police unit - CNN The fatal shooting of a Nigerian man brings more demands to shut down a controversial police unit CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) The fatal police shooting of a Nigerian man has sparked outrage and reignited a public call for the shutdown of a controversial police unit ...
- Nigeria's Buhari signs law to increase minimum wage - aide - Reuters Africa Nigeria's Buhari signs law to increase minimum wage - aide Reuters Africa
ABUJA (Reuters) - President Muhammadu Buhari has signed into law a bill to increase Nigeria's minimum wage with immediate effect, an aide said on Thursday ...
- Former Director General of Nigeria's National Intelligence Agency Arrested - Council on Foreign Relations Former Director General of Nigeria's National Intelligence Agency Arrested Council on Foreign Relations
On February 7, the Federal High Court in Lagos issued a warrant for the arrest of Ayodele Oke, former director general of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), ...
- There's Nothing Like 'Rich' In Nigeria, Says Rewane - SaharaReporters.com There's Nothing Like 'Rich' In Nigeria, Says Rewane SaharaReporters.com
Bismarck Rewane, Chairman of the Presidential Technical Advisory Committee on the Implementation of the National Minimum Wage, says there is nothing like ...
- Nigeria Drops In World Press Freedom Ranking - SaharaReporters.com Nigeria Drops In World Press Freedom Ranking SaharaReporters.com
Unveiling the ranking, RSF also stated that journalists in Nigeria experience obstacles when reporting stories that have to do with politics, terrorism and financial ...
- Nigeria's medical brain drain: Healthcare woes as doctors flee - Al Jazeera English Nigeria's medical brain drain: Healthcare woes as doctors flee Al Jazeera English
'Brain drain' impacting healthcare sector as most Nigerian doctors seek better work conditions and pay abroad.
- Nigerian Women Protest Against Street Harassment With 'Market March Movement' : Goats and Soda - NPR Nigerian Women Protest Against Street Harassment With 'Market March Movement' : Goats and Soda NPR
In Lagos, street vendors say that they touch and grab their female customers to drum up sales. A group called Market March Movement has formed to protest ...
- How FG, States, LGs, shared N8trn in 2018 [See Nigeria's richest states] - Daily Post Nigeria How FG, States, LGs, shared N8trn in 2018 [See Nigeria's richest states] Daily Post Nigeria
A new report by the Economic Confidential has disclosed that the Federal Government, 36 states and the 774 local government councils in Nigeria shared a to.
- Nigeria coach Rohr rules out new players for 2019 Nations Cup - BBC Sport Nigeria coach Rohr rules out new players for 2019 Nations Cup BBC Sport
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr rules out bringing in new players to bolster his squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
- Only Growth Can Defuse Nigeria’s Poverty Time Bomb - Bloomberg Only Growth Can Defuse Nigeria’s Poverty Time Bomb Bloomberg
In his first term, President Muhammadu Buhari left too much undone. In his second, he needs to be bold.
- Nigeria's modern style ensemble brand [Business Africa] - africanews Nigeria's modern style ensemble brand [Business Africa] africanews
Segun and Ronke Abiona, said they felt a Godly prompt to venture into this business while based in the United Kingdom in 2013 with a seed capital of $5000.
- Buhari: We'll Not Allow Merchants Of Evil Overwhelm Nigeria - SaharaReporters.com Buhari: We'll Not Allow Merchants Of Evil Overwhelm Nigeria SaharaReporters.com
We will not allow merchants of evil and death to overwhelm the nation. Under my watch, the nation will triumph over them – terrorists, bandits, kidnappers and ...
- OPPO F11 Pro set to land in Nigeria, to take on Xiaomi - Gizchina.com OPPO F11 Pro set to land in Nigeria, to take on Xiaomi Gizchina.com
The Chinese smartphone maker OPPO has started teasing a launch event for April 22nd in Lagos, Nigeria where it will unveil the OPPO F11 Pro.
- Bauhaus at 100 - The New York Times Bauhaus at 100 The New York Times
A century after its founding, see where the school's architectural legacy stands in 7 countries around the world.
- In Nigeria, Battle for Music Streaming Space Goes to Unexpected Places - Billboard In Nigeria, Battle for Music Streaming Space Goes to Unexpected Places Billboard
To make money in Nigeria's music industry, Groove Platforms CEO Chidi Okeke is chasing it at the source: the bank.
- After escaping Boko Haram, Nigerian IDPs addicted to Tramadol - Al Jazeera English After escaping Boko Haram, Nigerian IDPs addicted to Tramadol Al Jazeera English
IDPs who fled attacks use drug imported illegally from India to cope with post-traumatic stress and challenges in camps.
- Nigeria: 52 Boko Haram fighters killed in attack on MNJTF in Cross Kauwa, Chad army says - The Defense Post Nigeria: 52 Boko Haram fighters killed in attack on MNJTF in Cross Kauwa, Chad army says The Defense Post
Two Chadian soldiers and 52 Boko Haram fighters were killed in an attack on the Multinational Joint Task Force in Cross Kauwa in northeastern Nigeria.
- Making Peace with Enemies: Nigeria's Reintegration of Boko Haram Fighters - War on the Rocks Making Peace with Enemies: Nigeria's Reintegration of Boko Haram Fighters War on the Rocks
In October, I was the first researcher to visit Operation Safe Corridor, a military facility on the outskirts of Gombe, Nigeria, that houses a bold.
- Princeton researchers used Nollywood to test Nigerian corruption - Quartz Princeton researchers used Nollywood to test Nigerian corruption Quartz
The popularity of Nigeria's Nollywood movie industry—the world's second largest by volume—was covertly deployed for a social cause five years ago.
- Nigerian Govt To Introduce Solar-powered Tricycles In 2019 - SaharaReporters.com Nigerian Govt To Introduce Solar-powered Tricycles In 2019 SaharaReporters.com
We also have in the 2018 budget what we called amphibious vehicles, which is going to be in form of a tricycles which can be used on water and on land for ...
- Nigeria’s Population Projected to Double by 2050 - VOA News Nigeria’s Population Projected to Double by 2050 VOA News
With Nigeria's population growing at more than 3% a year, Nigerian authorities are offering free family planning methods and advice to Nigerian families in an ...
- Nigeria: Tens of thousands in acute need following clashes in Borno state - Doctors Without Borders Nigeria: Tens of thousands in acute need following clashes in Borno state Doctors Without Borders
MAIDUGURI, NIGERIA/NEW YORK, APRIL 2, 2019—An estimated 30,000 people are in acute need of shelter and other basic necessities in the northeastern ...
- Nigeria: Jihad against Christians - Gatestone Institute Nigeria: Jihad against Christians Gatestone Institute
The current violence, which has been getting worse since early 2017, "is slightly different, in that it is a series of targeted attacks on Christian communities ...
- Many in Nigeria, Tunisia, Kenya plan to leave country in next 5 years - Pew Research Center Many in Nigeria, Tunisia, Kenya plan to leave country in next 5 years Pew Research Center
Substantial shares of people in three African nations – Nigeria, Tunisia and Kenya – say they plan to move to another country within five years, according to a ...
- Nigeria suffers severe heatwave with no relief in sight - Aljazeera.com Nigeria suffers severe heatwave with no relief in sight Aljazeera.com
Temperatures soar across the region with no relief in sight until the seasonal rains set in next month.
- NERICC-Nigeria's panacea to routine immunization and primary health care strengthening - Nigeria - ReliefWeb NERICC-Nigeria's panacea to routine immunization and primary health care strengthening - Nigeria ReliefWeb
Abuja 16 April 2019 – Over the past 18 months, Nigeria has recorded substantial improvement in routine immunization (RI) performance. Prior to the ...
- Nigeria’s President Says Election Rival Was Not a Citizen - Bloomberg Nigeria’s President Says Election Rival Was Not a Citizen Bloomberg
Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari told an election tribunal the candidate he beat in a February vote was not a citizen of Nigeria by birth and ought not to ...
- Human rights groups decry Saudi execution of Nigerian woman - CNN Human rights groups decry Saudi execution of Nigerian woman CNN
This week's execution of a Nigerian woman in Saudi Arabia over drug-related charges has drawn criticism from international human rights groups and the ...
- Nigeria's twin town ponders cause of multiple births - Reuters Nigeria's twin town ponders cause of multiple births Reuters
In a dusty school playground in southwest Nigeria, the rows of children lined up to return to their classrooms are dotted with the faces of identical twins.
- Trump immigration clampdown targets Nigeria, Liberia, Eritrea - Quartz Trump immigration clampdown targets Nigeria, Liberia, Eritrea Quartz
African countries whose nationals have high rates of overstaying their visas, including Nigeria, Chad, Eritrea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, could be on the ...
- Politicians Have Destroyed Institutions In Nigeria, Says Sanusi - SaharaReporters.com Politicians Have Destroyed Institutions In Nigeria, Says Sanusi SaharaReporters.com
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Emir of Kano, has indicted politicians on the growing rate of insurgency in the country, claiming that the political class is aiding ...
- Rep raises concern over import of Chinese prisoners to work in Nigeria - Guardian Nigeria Rep raises concern over import of Chinese prisoners to work in Nigeria Guardian Nigeria
A house of Representatives member representing Gumel, Gagarawa, Maigateri and Sule Tankarkar Federal Constituency of Jigawa State, Sani Zoro, has raised ...
- Africa's Rwanda, Nigeria's Zamfara By Koye-Ladele Mofehintoluwa - SaharaReporters.com Africa's Rwanda, Nigeria's Zamfara By Koye-Ladele Mofehintoluwa SaharaReporters.com
The Tutsi were those who had a certain number of cattle while the Hutu were those who did not. This was the only distinguishing necessary between both ...
- Nigeria attracts $6bn bonds post-election, says CBN - The Punch Nigeria attracts $6bn bonds post-election, says CBN The Punch
Nike Popoola Nigeria attracted bonds worth $6bn after the recent elections, according to the Central Bank of Nigeria. The CBN noted that the Nige...
- The #MeToo movement has reached Muslim-majority northern Nigeria - Al Jazeera English The #MeToo movement has reached Muslim-majority northern Nigeria Al Jazeera English
Survivors of sexual abuse and harassment are sharing their experiences on social media, using the #ArewaMeToo hashtag.
- Three Nigerians Wanted By Police In Ghana Over Kidnap Of Estonian Diplomat - SaharaReporters.com Three Nigerians Wanted By Police In Ghana Over Kidnap Of Estonian Diplomat SaharaReporters.com
The Ghana Police *Service* has declared three Nigerians wanted for allegedly kidnapping Nabil Makram Basbous, the Consular-General and Head of Mission of ...
- Anglican Communion Secretary General pushes for peace in Nigeria's Kaduna State - Anglicannews Anglican Communion Secretary General pushes for peace in Nigeria's Kaduna State Anglicannews
The Secretary General of the Anglican Communion, Dr Josiah Idowu-Fearon, has decried the “worrisome” levels of insecurity in parts of Nigeria's Kaduna State.
- Nigeria Struggles With Security Sector Reform - Chatham House Nigeria Struggles With Security Sector Reform Chatham House
There is an urgent need to address widespread failings in Nigeria's security services, but so far President Buhari has not tackled these challenges.
- Nigerian Multimillionaire Oilman Igho Sanomi Raises $1.5 Million For Cancer Research UK - Forbes Nigerian Multimillionaire Oilman Igho Sanomi Raises $1.5 Million For Cancer Research UK Forbes
Nigerian multi-millionaire oilman Igho Sanomi has received a commendation from Cancer Research UK and the Bobby Moore Fund for his philanthropy towards ...
- NUPENG sends message to Nigerians - Daily Post Nigeria NUPENG sends message to Nigerians Daily Post Nigeria
The National Executive Council (NEC) of Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) has sent a warm message to Nigerians on the event ...
- Exclusive: Exxon weighs sale of Nigerian oil and gas fields for up to $3 billion - Reuters Exclusive: Exxon weighs sale of Nigerian oil and gas fields for up to $3 billion Reuters
LONDON (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil recently held talks on the sale of a suite of oil and gas fields in Nigeria as the company focuses on new developments in U.S. ...
- Nigerians Get Poorer as Rising Population Dwarfs Growth: Chart - Bloomberg Nigerians Get Poorer as Rising Population Dwarfs Growth: Chart Bloomberg
Nigeria's population is growing and gross domestic product per capita shrinking, and that will continue until at least 2024, according to the International ...
- Fashion and champagne grace Nigeria polo party - Reuters Fashion and champagne grace Nigeria polo party Reuters
When polo comes to Lagos, the champagne flows and exuberant fashion colors adorn the green fields.
- Nigerian journalist Jones Abiri 'arrested by armed men' - Aljazeera.com Nigerian journalist Jones Abiri 'arrested by armed men' Aljazeera.com
Unidentified men accost journalist Jones Abiri in Bayelsa state and force him into vehicle at gunpoint, say witnesses.
- Nigerian troops evacuate 'entire town' in security operation: UN - Aljazeera.com Nigerian troops evacuate 'entire town' in security operation: UN Aljazeera.com
Nearly 10000 people from Jakana were relocated to camp in Maiduguri, swelling the population of existing camps.
- Oil exports: Nigeria cuts selling prices to lure buyers - The Punch Oil exports: Nigeria cuts selling prices to lure buyers The Punch
'Femi Asu Nigeria has cut its official selling prices of a basket of May-loading crude oil grades in a bid to attract buyers. The nation's crude ...
- Nigerians react as veteran NTA newscaster Cyril Stober retires - Legit.ng Nigerians react as veteran NTA newscaster Cyril Stober retires Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Known as veteran ace broadcaster, Cyril Stober of Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) reportedly retires. Many Nigerians have reacted to the ...
- REPORTER’S DIARY: How comments in Washington DC caused fuel queues in Nigeria - TheCable REPORTER’S DIARY: How comments in Washington DC caused fuel queues in Nigeria TheCable
The mere mention of 'fuel subsidy' in Nigeria raises ears; add 'removal of' as prefix to the two words and there you have chaos. Despite being 5,418 miles away ...
- Fact check: No, Trudeau did not ask Nigeria for a million immigrants - CTV News Fact check: No, Trudeau did not ask Nigeria for a million immigrants CTV News
Canada's High Commission to Nigeria is calling out a fake news story that claims Prime Minister Justin Trudeau asked the African country's president to send ...
- Tinubu vs Saraki: How Nigerians reacted to face-off between APC leader, Senate President - Daily Post Nigeria Tinubu vs Saraki: How Nigerians reacted to face-off between APC leader, Senate President Daily Post Nigeria
A cross section of Nigerians have reacted to the latest face-off between All Progressives Congress, APC, National Leader, Bola Tinubu and the outgoing Sena.
- Michael Jackson vs. Beyoncé: Nigerians defend King of Pop - africanews Michael Jackson vs. Beyoncé: Nigerians defend King of Pop africanews
Nigerians are flatly refusing to entertain any comparison between Michael Jackson and Beyonce with majority of Twitter users calling the move a misnomer.
- The West is betraying Nigeria - Washington Examiner The West is betraying Nigeria Washington Examiner
In 2015, for the first time in 55 years, Nigerians changed their rulers through a democratic election. The incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan of the People's ...
- Lost BBC music footage found behind cupboard in Nigeria - BBC News Lost BBC music footage found behind cupboard in Nigeria BBC News
The TV footage is of the band The Scaffold, featuring Sir Paul McCartney's younger brother.
- Nigeria-Chad operation ‘kills 27 terrorists’ near Wulgo as ISIS claims multiple attacks - The Defense Post Nigeria-Chad operation ‘kills 27 terrorists’ near Wulgo as ISIS claims multiple attacks The Defense Post
A joint Nigeria-Chad military operation against "Boko Haram terrorists" in the Wulgo area of Borno state as ISIS claimed multiple attacks in the Lake Chad area.
- The Real Story of the Sexual Abuse At Abuja School for the Deaf [Premium Times] The seven-year-old had spent just one academic term at his new school in Abuja when he told his mother he would not be returning to the institution, a special facility for children with disability. Using sign language, the boy, born with speech and hearing impairment, said he feared he may be killed.
- Acute Hunger - Outrage As IDP Children Feed On Onion Leaves [Vanguard] Intense hunger due to inadequate food items in an Internally Displaced Persons, IDP, camp in the outskirts of Bauchi State, has forced children to feed on onion leaves for survival.
- How I Was Born, Raised in Nigeria - Atiku [Premium Times] Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has informed the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal that he was born in Nigeria and, was eligible to stand for elections.
- Women in Politics - Miles to Go Before Parity Is Achieved [Leadership] In the fight for gender equality, women around the world have advanced in small and large ways. Yet for women in Africa, progress is measured in micro steps, and the struggle has a long way to go.
- Beach Volleyball Teams Off to Nigeria for African Champs [New Times] The national beach volleyball teams left the country early morning on Sunday with high ambitions for this year's African championships, which run from April 21 to 29 in Nigeria.
- Motorist Dies in Road Crash Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - FRSC [Premium Times] A motorist was killed after he lost control of his vehicle and somersaulted along Lagos-Ibadan expressway, the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has said.
- Former Top Judge Banned From Public Office for Ten Years [East African] Nigeria's former Chief Justice Walter Onnoghen has been barred from holding office for ten years after an ethics tribunal found him guilty of six counts of false declaration of assets.
- Abuja Airport - Operation Resumes in New Terminal After Fire Scare [Premium Times] The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has announced the resumption of flight operations at the new terminal of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, hours after a fire scare on Saturday.
- Kogi - Normalcy Returned to Bagana Community [Leadership] Normalcy has been restored in Bagana community, Omala local government area of Kogi state after a bloody clash that claimed lives and property.
- Zamfara Emirs Apologise to NAF, Say Air Strikes Killed Innocents 'Mistakenly' [Premium Times] The Chairman, Zamfara State Council of Chiefs, Attahiru Ahmad, has apologised to the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) over its recent allegations that innocent citizens were killed in the state during air strikes by personnel of the Air Force.
- Niger Delta Women Regroup Again, Speak On Their Agitations [Vanguard] -What triggered my fighting spirit - Ann Kio Briggs, N'Delta activist
- UAE Sentences Eight Nigerians to Death, FG Laments [Vanguard] *One bags jail term, faces deportation
- Minimum Wage Not Living Wage, N30,000 Will Cause Chaos - Tony Momoh [Vanguard] A former Minister of Information, Prince Tony Momoh, has expressed fears that the new N30, 000 minimum wage, signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari on April 18 would lead to chaos.
- Nollywood Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Is Dead [Premium Times] A Nollywood movie director and stunt specialist, Ifeanyi Onyeabor, is dead.
- Waiting for Nigeria's Easter [Vanguard] Yesterday was Good Friday, but I will not dwell on its import because it will distract us from focusing on our destination. Tomorrow is Easter.
- Open Grazing - Benue Law and the Option Before South Eastern States [Vanguard] Makurdi -When in 2017 the Benue state government enacted the much celebrated Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law to stem the persistent conflicts between herdsmen and farmers in the state not many knew that the singular initiative would mark a watershed in the lives of the traumatized farmers of the state who bore the brunt of the marauding herdsmen for several years.
- Alleged Students' Torture - Why We've Not Appeared Before Reps Committee - - Madonna Varsity [Vanguard] -Asks legislature to allow court dispense case before it
- 2019 AFCON - Siasia, Udeze, Erico Warn Eagles Against Complacency [Vanguard] Former Super Eagles striker and head coach Samson Siasia believes Nigeria are in an easy group at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations but has also admonished the team to be wary of the hunger of the supposedly weaker opponents.
- Nigeria, Niger Sign Anti-Human Trafficking Pact [Premium Times] The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) and its Niger Republic counterpart have signed a pact to eliminate the menace in both countries.
- Huge Fines for Offenders as Senate Passes New Gas Flaring Bill [Guardian] Abuja -The Senate yesterday passed a new bill, which provided for penalty against gas flaring and other malpractices in the oil and gas sector.The last legislation on gas flare, the Associated Gas Re-injection Act of 1979, came into force 40 years ago, and since then there has been no review or amendment of the Act despite its devastating effect on the host communities.
- All Employers Must Pay N30,000 New Minimum Wage - Govt [Leadership] Abuja and Lagos -President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday gave Nigerian workers a surprise package as he signed into law the new monthly minimum wage of N30, 000 for the least paid employee in the country.
- Convicted Chief Justice Onnoghen Barred From Public Office [Leadership] Justice Walter Onnoghen's almost 26-month reign as the chief justice of Nigeria (CJN) came to an inglorious end yesterday as the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), sitting in Abuja, convicted him for false asset declaration.
- Visa Horrors - U.S. Embassy Tries to Give Tips [allAfrica] Cape Town -Have you ever been denied a visa?
- Nigerian Girl (14) Nabbed for Kidnapping Spree [CAJ News] Abuja -NIGERIAN police have arrested a 14-year-old girl on allegations of being a member of a kidnapping syndicate.
- How Senior Electoral Officials Ignored Due Process, Mutilated Result Sheets in Senatorial Election - INEC [Premium Times] Donatus Ohajianya, the returning officer in the Imo North Senatorial District supplementary polls, breached the procedures for receiving and collating results, an administrative committee of inquiry set up by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has found.
- The Many Travails of Justice Walter Onnoghen [Guardian] When the news broke that the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Nkanu Onnoghen would be arraigned at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) January 14, the immediate response of Nigerians, especially the legal community was that of shock and unbelief. It had never happened in the history of the country.
- Sirika, African Ministers Push Single Air Transport Market [Guardian] Nigeria's Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, and other Africa transport ministers have rallied other countries on the continent behind the Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM).
- Why the History Books Matter (I) [Guardian] In his Daily Trust column of April 15, titled Running for the history books, Mahmud Jega raised some critical issues about the Buhari presidency and advised the president to start thinking about the verdict of history on his eight years as leader of the most populous black nation in the world. Buhari ran his second and final presidential race on February 23. With no more presidential race to run, he can now afford to think less of politics and more of statesmanship and pay greater attention to the shape of
- From Zaria to Osogbo, the Making of Curatorial Marvel (I) [Guardian] In 1959, Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology, Zaria, awarded Diploma in Fine Arts to its first graduate. Sixty years after, GREGORY AUSTIN NWAKUNOR (Arts and Culture Editor) looks at the place of Zaria Art School in Modern Nigeria's Art history.
- Wike Suspends 12 Council Chairmen [Guardian] Port Harcourt -Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has notified the state House of Assembly of the suspension of 12 chairmen of local government areas for failing to attend a certain state function.
- AI-powered smart companion, rAInbow, recognised by UN Sage has announced that AI-powered smart companion, rAInbow, has won a UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) Netexplo Award. Founding partner Sage Foundation worked with AI for Good and the Soul City Institute for Social Justice to develop rAInbow. It is an artificial intelligence (AI) powered smart companion...
- Vote for your favourite African creative in the DLA Online Pitch Competition Public voting is now open until April 28 for the 30 African creatives selected to compete at the Digital Lab Africa (DLA) Online Pitch Competition. The DLA is a springboard and an incubation platform for African creatives in digital content. Initiated by the...
- New web-based application identifies digital readiness for cites Siemens has launched a new web-based application which reveals the readiness and potential of six major cities to embrace digitalization and develop new ways of living, working and interacting. The Atlas of Digitalization focuses on 3 interconnected...
- Founders Factory Africa selects 5 fintech startups to scale across Africa Founders Factory Africa (FFA) and Standard Bank have announced that they have selected and invested into the first five fintech startup businesses in Africa. Founders Factory Africa is a South African company operating across Africa delivering a...
- Global marketplace credits African consumers’ feedback for security advances Peer-to-peer Bitcoin marketplace, Paxful announced that they have teamed up with Jumio, a digital identity and address verification company in order to improve Anti-Money Laundering (AML) procedures and implement Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements onto the...
- Centbee closes Series A round funding South African-based Bitcoin company, Centbee, announced that it has closed its Series A round with entrepreneur Calvin Ayre, founder of Antigua-based investment firm, Ayre Ventures and CoinGeek. Ayre, who has invested $1 304 700,00 (R18.3 million), announced...
- Another food delivery app launches in South Africa KAUAI, a company that operates under the multi-brand food group, Real Foods, launched its new app. “We’re seeing a growing trend of customers who don’t want to compromise on healthy eating, but that are also extremely busy and pressed for time. The new...
- Game of Thrones phishing scams and how to avoid them The long night has finally ended. Game of Thrones fans can finally come in from the cold and, like a starving dragon, start devouring the latest and final season of the massively popular TV show. But unlike the fantasy series, what is far more real is the...
- South African FinTech company offers SMEs financing in hours FinTech company, Bridgement offers invoice financing to SMEs in a record time of 2.5-hours. Bridgement’s speed is due to its use of machine learning for credit analysis and decision making. “When money is needed quickly – to cover salaries...
- Angola Cables opens new data centre in Brazil Angola Cables has opened its carrier-neutral data centre, AngoNAP Fortaleza in Fortaleza, Brazil. The Tier III designed data centre will cater for the growing demand in content and data transmission in the Southern hemisphere. This interconnection point will...
- Google’s AI research lab in Ghana to solve real-world problems Google has opened an Artifical Intelligence research laboratory in Accra, Ghana, the first of its kind in Africa. The new lab will use AI to develop solutions in healthcare, education and agriculture such as helping to diagnose certain types of crop disease....
- Farmcrowdy Group partners Livestock 247 to boost trading in Nigeria Nigeria’s digital agriculture platform, Farmgate Africa announced its partnership with Livestock247.com, an online Livestock Market. This partnership is following the recent launch of the commodity aggregator platform by Farmcrowdy Group an umbrella company...
- Facebook, Dream Factory open computer lab in Cape Town The Facebook Community Leadership Program and the Dream Factory Foundation have partnered to open a computer lab at Salt River High School in Cape Town. The facility – called the Dream Lab – is a donation to the school from Nadine Maselle, a South African...
- Vodacom Foundation equips female farmers with digital skills Vodacom Foundation, in partnership with UN Women, introduced Female Farmers programme in 2018. The programme, which is focused at empowering smallholder female farmers within the country’s agriculture sector, has to date trained 350 small-scale female...
- North-West University students take top-prize at 2019 MiWay 24-hour Hackathon This past weekend saw 25 top Honours and final-year students from five leading Universities from around South Africa take part in the 24 hours hackathon to conceptualise, design and build an actuarial model. On 13 -14 April 2019, the students took on the...
- Applications for Google Africa Certifications Scholarships open Google has announced that applications are open for the next round of Google Africa Certifications Scholarships. In line with its commitment to provide mobile developer training to 100,000 Africans to develop world-class apps, Google is offering 30,000...