Welcome. Nairaland for Nigerians & Friends.
||Nigerian Statistics Monitor
|2000 ||2019 ||Change ||2050
|123,945,463 ||200,962,417 ||62.1 % ||391,296,754
|Population by state|
|4||Abuja ||3,000,000 |
|University Rankings - by Number of Applicants this year|
|1||University of Ilorin|
|2||University of Benin|
|3||Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria|
|4||University of Nigeria, Nsukka|
|5||Bayero University, Kano|
|6||Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka|
|7||University of Lagos|
|8||University of Ibadan|
|9||Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife|
|10||University of Jos|
- Grey Cup-champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers shuffle their coaching staff Okafor, 26, appeared in all 18 regular season games with three starts at both guard and tackle for the Tiger-Cats in 2019. The six-foot-three, 281-pound native of Enugu, Nigeria also suited up in both ...
- Magu Decries UK’s Refusal to Extradite Allison-Madueke “We don’t want to keep chasing everybody as a suspect. We want everybody who has stolen from the commonwealth to bring it ...
- Guinness awards Goal Challenge winner ticket to Pan African extravaganza in Lagos The win granted him a ticket to Lagos - Nigeria for the Guinness Pan-African championship to take place on 31 st January 2020 ...
- African fintech firm Flutterwave raises $35M, partners with Worldpay In 2019, Flutterwave processed 107 million transactions worth $5.4 billion, according to company data. Flutterwave did the ...
- PETAN Partners SAIPEC on Conference Next Month It is held in partnership with the country’s petroleum sector and hosted by the Petroleum Association of Nigeria (PETAN). The ...
- Countries around world respond to China virus outbreak Countries in Asia and elsewhere are checking the body temperatures of arriving airline passengers and adopting precautionary quarantine procedures in response to a new virus that has sickened nearly ...
- Trump administration plans to add Nigeria, six other countries to travel ban list: Report According to a report, Belarus, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan and Tanzania will be added to the travel ban ...
- Nigerian pastor who praised God in ransom video beheaded after refusing to deny Christ A pastor who made headlines earlier this month for praising God in a ransom video has been executed by Boko Haram militants ...
- Nigeria, 5 Others to Face U.S. Visa Restriction Donald Trump, president of the United States of America, may sign an executive order expanding visa restrictions to seven ...
- CCECC should not sabotage the Lagos-Ibadan railway Avoidable contract delay is one of the greatest reasons that Nigeria is far behind in infrastructural development. Delay is ...
- Africa's World Cup draw in full: Algeria, Senegal and Morocco learn fates Nigeria are in Group C alongside two West African nations Cape Verde and Liberia, and the Central African Republic. In Group ...
- Investors’ confidence in Nigeria drops below 9yr average — ACCA survey Investors’ confidence in Nigeria’s economy dropped below its nine years average according to a survey by the Association of ...
- Trump administration plans to add Nigeria and six other nations to travel ban list: reports
- TODAY NEWS AFRICA
- The Wall Street Journal
- Daily Mail
- How Nigeria's cricket team 'shocked the world' BBC News
- Pastor executed as Boko Haram resurfaces in surge of violent attacks in Nigeria America Magazine
- Making the case for Made in Nigeria leather goods BBC News
- Major humanitarian hub in northeast Nigeria burned in attack UN News
- The Migration Driven by Developed Countries The Atlantic
- Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari 'floors' Anthony Joshua BBC News
- The German Government expresses satisfaction with Nigeria's efforts in polio Eradication ReliefWeb
- Opera's OKash, Opesa's predatory lending in Nigeria, India, Kenya Quartz Africa
- Nigeria Payment Firm Flutterwave Gets $35 Million Funding Bloomberg
- In photos: Nigeria's civil war CNN
- Nigeria's NNPC Suffered More Than 45,000 Oil Pipeline Breaks Over 18 Years OilPrice.com
- Nigeria charges ex-attorney general with financial crimes in $1.3 billion oil deal Reuters
- Chekhov's Three Sisters gets Nigerian reboot BBC News
- Young boy executes Nigerian Christian prisoner in horrifying ISIS video Daily Mail
- World Cup qualifying draw: Nigeria to face Cape Verde, Central African Republic and Liberia Goal.com
- 1 of 4 kidnapped Nigerian seminarians released after suffering serious injuries Catholic Herald Online
- Why young Nigerians risk illegal migration to find their 'Eldorado' The Conversation Africa
- Erosion crisis swallows homes and livelihoods in Nigeria Climate Home
- SPECIAL REPORT: Why Nigeria's electricity woes will remain despite... Premium Times
- Yale President Peter Salovey visits Nigeria to expand partnerships Yale News
- Gold miners face dangerous life in Nigeria's 'bandit' country RFI
- Fintech startups helping Nigerian millennials invest in US stocks Quartz Africa
- Armed group frees kidnapped hostages in Nigeria Al Jazeera English
- Declaration Of Causes: Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi SaharaReporters.com
- Osinbajo: Nigeria will work closely with other countries to increase economic opportunities TODAY NEWS AFRICA
- Human rights breaches in Nigeria and Burundi | News EU News
- Nigeria CEO: Greta Thunberg's demands 'fair' Deutsche Welle
- Nigerian oil firm's shares suspended after revealing alleged scam The Guardian
- Nigeria’s Azman Air Aquires Former Virgin Atlantic Airbus A340 Simple Flying
- Christians persecuted in Nigeria amid deafening silence Vatican News
- Encore! FRANCE 24
- Muster is becoming Nigeria's Airbnb TechCabal
- Former Nigerian leader Abdulsalami appeals to all Nigerians to join hands end insecurity TODAY NEWS AFRICA
- Full List: 29 Nigerian words in Oxford dictionary latest update The Punch
- 'Fake news' has killed Nigerians. Can a bill stop the violence? Los Angeles Times
- Nigeria Releases Leading Critic on Bail After a Campaign an Ocean Away The New York Times
- ISIS Affiliate in Nigeria Releases a Video Showing 11 Executions The New York Times
- Nigeria's child development crisis is a tragedy. Here's how we can end it The Guardian
- Nigeria: Equatorial Guinea to Replicate Nigeria's Modular Refinery AllAfrica.com
- Lekoil Agrees To Defer Nigeria Payments After Financing Troubles Morningstar
- A majority of Nigerians and Kenyans have confidence in President Trump, according to Pew research CNN International
- A man in Nigeria built his wife a house that looks like a giant plane because she 'loves to travel' INSIDER
- Islamic State kills 11 Nigerian Christians, pressure on Buhari Quartz Africa
- UK and US considered Nigeria naval blockade over Saro-Wiwa execution BBC News
- Learn how to wrap your hair at Nigerian clothing pop-up Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Nigeria's passport drops most in global travel rankings Quartz Africa
- Investment Summit: Nigeria, UK sign N153.4 billion commercial deals Premium Times
- Meet Mark Essien: Nigerian Entrepreneur Transforming The Travel Industry Across Africa Forbes
- Nigeria's Med-View Airline threatened with liquidation ch-aviation
- EXCLUSIVE: Nigeria's Chief Of Naval Staff, Ibok Ibas, Allegedly Locks Up Navy Captain For Six Days In Toilet For Uncovering Fraudulent Act SaharaReporters.com
- Amotekun is a 'threat to democracy' – Miyetti Allah Guardian
- Nigerian visitors to US drop as Trump visa policies hurt Quartz Africa
- Nigerian military clears thousands from Lagos waterfront Yahoo News
- She's Tackling Nigeria's Period Poverty With Reusable Pads OZY
- Four seminarians abducted in Nigeria Catholic Herald Online
- Nigerian teen in pink aims to 'take the golf world by storm' Reuters
- Nigerian conjoined twins successfully separated by 78-member team in Abuja CNN
- Atiku speaks on Amotekun, Nigeria’s security structure in a message to FG Latest News in Nigeria & Breaking Naija News 24/7 | LEGIT.NG
- 2019 Africa Roundup: Jumia IPOs, China goes digital, Nigeria becomes fintech capital TechCrunch
- Passing Of Acclaimed Nigerian Novelist Grieved By Community Of Writers charlestonchronicle.net
- Ex-Nigeria star Finidi George handed ambassadorial role Goal.com
- Nigeria’s musical moment The Africa Report
- Why national carrier plan failedNigeria Guardian Nigeria
- As Opay Teases Nigerians with OLLA, is the Nigerian Jack-of-all-Trades Dabbling into Smartphone Production? Technext
- Cardi B embraces Nigeria, a human rights wasteland, because Trump Washington Examiner
- ALERT: Ansaru Planning Renewed Attacks In North-Central Nigeria SaharaReporters.com
- How the Nigerian government is working to reduce public debt Ventures Africa
- Of Nigeria’s dying factories and exodus to Ghana The Punch
- UN chief urges action following execution, abduction of civilians in Nigeria UN News
- Black China: Africa's First Superpower Is Coming Sooner Than You Think Newsweek
- Buhari confirms Salih-Farah as substantive NITT D-GNigeria Guardian
- Nigeria’s Only Weird Because the Stoke’s So Pure Surfline.com Surf News
- Why the outlook for fixing Nigeria's energy crisis isn't good The Conversation Africa
- Youngest Person and First Nigerian Reach South Pole AviationPros.com
- Ship attacked in the morning Jan 21, Nigeria. UPDATE MSC ship attacked. Maritime Bulletin
- Nigeria Police officer 'who's never received bribe' gets top award Premium Times
- Rita Chikwelu: Nigerian the latest African to move to Spain BBC News
- Several killed in fighting between Boko Haram factions in Nigeria The Punch
- FRSC plans driving licence for Nigerians moving to US, Europe The Punch
- Nigeria inks major LNG expansion with oil majors Reuters
- Nigeria’s Biggest Miller Revives Bond-Sale Plan Bloomberg
- Nigerian diocesan spokesman: Bridal party beheaded en route to wedding Crux: Covering all things Catholic
- Nigeria: IMF Affirms 2.5% Growth Forecast for Nigeria's Economy in 2020 AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- Nigerian case shows that in fighting religious hatred, little things count Crux: Covering all things Catholic
- Court sends 'Mama Boko Haram', two others to jailNigeria Guardian
- Nigeria’s Buhari Reiterates He Won’t Seek Third Term Bloomberg
- NERC chairman: I have a dream that Nigerians will enjoy stable electricity one day TheCable
- 10 Nigerian Artists To Watch (2020 Edition) Complex
- NIJ sacks lecturer over alleged sexual assault Guardian
- Police arrest killers of Nigerian billionaire, uncover where his corpse was dumped Premium Times
- Another Christian killed by 10-year old ISWAP member Guardian Nigeria
- More than 1,000 Christians killed by Islamic militants in Nigeria in 2019: report Fox News
- EXCLUSIVE: How United States Court Suspended Nigeria's Deputy Senate President, Omo-Agege, From Law Practice Over Forgery Of $890 Cheque SaharaReporters.com
- Supreme Court saved APC from 'major blow,' says Buhari Guardian Nigeria
- Xenophobia: Nigeria, South Africa partner to tackle insecurity The Punch
- Militants kill 10 in Nigeria attack targeting aid workers, Christians: witnesses Reuters
- Confusion as submarine cable cuts, slows Internet Guardian
- Visa: NIS gives entry requirements for non-Nigerians The Punch
- The story of the aeroplane house in Nigeria's capital Abuja BBC News
- Ara plans ‘to spice’ her 45th birthday Africa’s first woman talking-drummer Aralola Olamuyiwa has said she will mark her 45th birthday with a special occasion to ...
- Singer, Harrysong Proposes To Girlfriend (Video) The musician who recently released a single named after his fiance, “Isioma,” has shared his excitement at his new change of status with a video of the ring on his wife to be’s hand. Also Read: My ...
- Why Nigeria’s coal-fired electricity project is a big contradiction Nigeria is like a thirsty man but would rather swallow coals of fire than gulp water. So, when the Minister of Mines and ...
- Paul Okoye Shares Video Of His Twins, Nadia, Nathan Engaging In Swimming Competition Kayode Fayemi, governor of Ekiti state, says the All Progressives Congress (APC) may collapse when President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure... Liverpool FC coach, Jurgen Klopp has expressed that Manchester ...
- Partial border meant for Nigeria to reorganize economy, security – Buhari President Buhari attributed the country’s virtual food security position to the “very good last three rainy seasons,” federal ...
- How to grow Nigeria’s agriculture Experts suggest strategies to strengthen the country’s farm sector on a sustainable basis, DANIEL ESSIET reports. Despite its ...
- Legend of Inikpi hits big screen Saidi Balogun as the Oracle of Igala kingdom with newcomer Nancy Ameh as the titular Princess Inikpi. The Legend of Inikpi ...
- Experts seek end to mental health disorder in Nigeria, partners Imo govt. A team of medical practitioners of the famous Yale University, U.S.A, were in Nigeria last weekend to improve mental ...
- ICC U-19 World Cup: Okpe tips Nigeria against West Indies Despite losing by 10 wickets to Australia in the opening tie at the 2020 ICC U-19 World Cup, Captain of Nigeria, Sylvester ...
- ‘Nigerian entrepreneurs key to Africa’s prosperity’ United States Consul-General Claire Pierangelo has reiterated the importance of Nigeria’s entrepreneurs to the continued growth of economies in the West African sub-region and the prosperity of the ...
- Nigeria’s total debt increases to N26.2tr, says DMO Nigeria’s total debt stock comprising the debts of the Federal Government, 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) ...
- BREAKING: 2022 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria draw Cape Verde, Liberia, CAR The Super Eagles of Nigeria will play Cape Verde, Central African Republic and Liberia in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
- Nigeria’s collective investment funds hit N1tr Total net asset of collective investment schemes and funds in Nigeria hit a record trillion naira mark to N1.09 trillion as ...
- Nigeria’s booming market for hypertension care The global direct medical costs of treating and managing hypertension are estimated at $370 billion yearly, according to Journal of Clinical Hypertension. Nigeria, with a population of over 180 ...
- Yuletide spending pushed inflation up to 11.98% – NBS The Consumer Price Index, which, measures inflation, increased to 11.98 per cent year-on-year in December 2019, latest inflation report released on Friday by the National Bureau of Statistics has ...
- IMF Affirms 2.5% Growth Forecast for Nigeria's Economy in 2020 [Vanguard] The International Monetary Fund, IMF, yesterday reiterated its forecast that Nigeria's economy, as measured by the Gross Domestic Product (GDP), will grow by 2.5 percent in 2020.
- Oil Pipeline Breaks - 45,347 in 18 Years [Vanguard] In the wake of the dastard act that threw major parts of Lagos into mourning Sunday evening, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has revealed that the numbers of pipeline breaks in the last 18 years are 45, 347.
- What Govt Needs to Do to Avoid World Bank's 'Worst Case Scenario' [The Conversation Africa] In its latest report on Nigeria, the World Bank issued a stark warning: that the country risks becoming home to a quarter of the world's destitute people in a decade unless policymakers act to revive economic growth and lift employment. Wale Fatade, from The Conversation Africa, asked Professor Sheriffdeen Tella to explain what can be done to avert such an outcome.
- Parents, Students Lament High 'Acceptance Fee' in Public Varsities [Daily Trust] Ilorin, Benin, Osogbo, Lokoja, Calabar, Gombe, Min -Parents and some newly admitted students have decried multiple charges by public universities in the country, payment of high 'acceptance fees' alongside other moneys demanded during registration.
- Over 60 Million Nigerians Can't Read, Write [Daily Trust] The National Commission for Mass literacy, Adult and Non-Formal Education says over 60 million Nigerians are unable to read and write in any language.
- I Won't Reopen Borders Now - Buhari Says [Daily Trust] President Muhammadu Buhari says reopening of the land borders will not happen until the final report of a committee set up on the matter is submitted and considered.
- Burna Boy Makes Michelle Obama's 2020 Workout Playlist [Premium Times] Burna Boy's hit track, 'My Money, My Baby', has made former U.S. First Lady, Michelle Obama's 2020 Workout Playlist.
- Malabu Scandal - Economic Crimes Commission Files Corruption Charges Against Adoke [Premium Times] The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has filed multiple corruption charges against a former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke.
- Buhari Meets UK PM, Seeks Extradition of Fugitives to Answer Corruption Charges [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has sought the cooperation of the National Crime Agency of the United Kingdom in the investigation of fugitives from Nigeria finding accommodation in that country.
- UK Budgets £127 Million to Support Nigeria, Other African Countries [Premium Times] The UK has recently announced its commitment to support Nigeria and other African countries with about £127 million.
- Supreme Court Upholds Ortom's Election As Benue Governor [Premium Times] The Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld the re-election of Samuel Ortom of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) as the governor of Benue State.
- Minister Urges Nigerian Youth to Prioritise ICT Skills Over University Degree [Premium Times] The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, has urged Nigerian youth to give priority to acquiring information technology skills over having university degrees.
- IMF Projects 2.5% Growth for Nigeria's Economy in 2020, 2021 [Premium Times] The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Monday projected that Nigeria's real Gross Domestic Product will grow by 2.5 per cent in 2020 and 2021.
- Amotekun - the Politics of Protection [This Day] Virtually everything in Nigeria no matter how well-meaning ends up getting ethnicized, or politicized, or religionized. So it is with Operation Amotekun: the Western Nigeria Security Network whose recent launch by the Governors of the South West, on January 9, has thrown up key questions at the heart of the Nigerian dilemma as well as the fault lines of the Nigerian state.
- IMF Holds Nigeria's 2020 Growth Projection at 2.5% [This Day] The International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its World Economic Outlook (WEO) released yesterday, has projected that the Nigerian economy will grow at 2.5 per cent this year and next year, same as it had predicted in its October 2019 WEO.
- UN Condemns Boko Haram Attack On North-East Facilities, Aid Workers [This Day] Maiduguri -The United Nations has condemned an attack by Boko Haram on its facilities and aid workers in the troubled North-east of Nigeria.
- Yusuf Ali Backs Amotekun in Southwest [This Day] Ilorin -A Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Mallam Yusuf Olaolu Ali, has declared that the regional security outfit by the South-west governors, 'Operation Amotekun', which was recently launched, is legal and constitutional.
- Group Gives EFCC Seven-Day Ultimatum to Prosecute Former NDDC Boss [This Day] Abuja -A group known as Anti-Corruption and Integrity Forum (ACIF) has given the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) a seven-day ultimatum to arrest and prosecute former Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Prof. Nelson Brambaifa.
- Lassa Fever Kills 15 People in Ondo [This Day] Akure -No fewer than 15 persons have been reportedly killed by the deadly Lassa Fever in Ondo State in the last one week, while about 28 others were said to be on danger lists among over 80 other reported cases.
- Probe PDP's Nationwide Protests, Uzodinma Tells Govt [This Day] Owerri -Governor of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodinma, has urged the federal government to probe the nationwide protests by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in various states of the federation against the judgement of the Supreme Court, which sacked Hon. Emeka Ihedioha as governor and installed him as governor of the state.
- Minister Urges Coordinated Efforts to Address Challenges in Power Sector [This Day] The Minister of Power, Mr. Sale Mamman, has called for coordinated efforts among stakeholders to address the growing challenges in the power sector and propel it to a viable path of development.
- Deserts Encroach At a Rapid Speed of 600 Metres Annually, Says Sultan Abubakar [This Day] The Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence Muhamad Sahad Abubakar has stated that deserts encroach on communities at a rapid speed of 600m per annum.
- NNPC Rallies States, Others to Check Pipeline Vandalism [This Day] The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is collaborating with the security agencies, states as well and community leaders to check the incidence of pipeline vandalism as well as its attendant outbreak of fire, death and destruction of property
- Equatorial Guinea to Replicate Nigeria's Modular Refinery [This Day] Owerri -Equatorial Guinea has expressed its willingness to tap into Nigeria's modular refinery to increase the country's participation in the oil and gas industry.
- Govt to Partner UK Agency On Poverty Alleviation in North-East Region [This Day] Abuja -The federal government is set to partner the United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (NIAF) and Department for International Development (DFID) on the reduction of poverty in the region ravaged by Boko Haram insurgency.
- Ebonyi PDP Gives Supreme Court 24 Hours' Ultimatum to Reverse Imo Judgment [This Day] Ebonyi State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has given the Supreme Court, twenty four hours to reverse the judgment it delivered on the Imo State governorship election.
- Oil Theft Fueled By Insufficient Penalty, Others - Govt [This Day] The federal government has agreed that Nigeria lacked effective penalties to limit the stealing of her crude oil when applied.
- Amaechi Summons Emergency Meeting of Stakeholders Over Delay of Rail Projects [This Day] Ibadan -The Minister of Transportation, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi yesterday in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, summoned the Nigerian Port Authority (NPA), the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) and TEAM Nigeria Limited to an emergency meeting over the continued excuses, delays and possible non-completion of the ongoing lagos-Ibadan rail project as scheduled.
- Govt Files Fresh 42-Count Charge Against Adoke, Malabu Oil, Others [This Day] Abuja -The federal government has filed a fresh 42-count charge against former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke and six others over their alleged complicity in the $1.1bn Malabu oil deal.
- We've Brought Development to Nigeria, Buhari Tells British PM [This Day] Abuja -President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday briefed British Prime Minister, Mr. Boris Johnson, on efforts he and his team have made to develop Nigeria since 2015 when he assumed office.
- How we prevented man from committing suicide — LASEMA
- Tears as soldiers evict Tarkwa Bay residents from homes
- Police arrest killers of Nigerian billionaire, uncover where his corpse was dumped
- Woman dies after police officer shoved her, family says
- Court grants bail to Ayade’s critic charged with terrorism
- Why I endorsed Obaseki for second term – PDP BOT member
- Days after Supreme Court judgement, nine Imo lawmakers defect to APC
- Why we embarked on warning strike – Abakiliki Teaching Hospital’s Doctors
- Imo Governorship: South-east PDP demands reinstatement of Ihedioha
- Why Supreme Court upheld Lalong’s election as Plateau governor
- Double registration: Court strikes out Natasha Akpoti’s suit against kogi gov
- SERAP asks court to stop payment of life pensions to ex-Abuja council chairs, speakers
- Buhari condemns killing of CAN Chairman in Adamawa
- UPDATED: Why Supreme Court affirmed Fintiri’s election as Adamawa governor
- Police arrest two over killing of Adamawa journalist
- FRSC counters police, says seven dead in Katsina auto crash
- 17 die in Katsina road accident
- Supreme Court Verdict: Ganduje seeks cooperation, PDP decries ‘robbery’
- Lassa Fever kills 16 in Ondo
- Nigeria seeks $890 million to tackle HIV, TB, malaria
- Kano records 5.8% modern contraceptive use – Expert
- SPECIAL REPORT: Residents lament as abandoned NDDC health centres litter Imo
- Despite international interventions, child malnutrition still high in Borno
- INVESTIGATION: Why Lagos govt’s N5.6bn cardio-renal centre remains grounded, in terrible state
- How NHIS squandered over N6.8 billion on illegal allowances – Audit Report
- Why I killed, butchered businessman, prime suspect confesses
- Farah named substantive DG of NITT
- National Assembly mulls laws on development of grids
- Stakeholders urge FG to review holistically border closure
- Learn from your predecessors, expert advises government
- Nigeria ’ll partner others to increase economic opportunities, says Osinbajo
- INEC swears in new RECs for Taraba, Cross River
- Buhari condemns killing of CAN Chairman, Andimi
- Osinbajo receives D8 Secretary-General in Aso Villa
- Nine Imo lawmakers defect to APC
- Court remands ‘Mama Boko Haram’, two others
- Amotekun is a ‘threat to democracy’ - Miyetti Allah
- South Sudan talks fail to end impasse over state boundaries:
- Angola's Isabel dos Santos says run for president 'possible'
- South Sudan rivals seek to break deadlock ahead of unity govt
- Mozambique president says gas wealth to benefit all
- Five killed as Sudan crushes revolt by security agents
- CAF Women's Player Of The Year Award: When Sentiments Override Objectivity
- Niger sacks military chiefs after deadly jihadist attack
- Jihadists kill three teachers in attack on Kenya school
- Libya rivals in Moscow to sign ceasefire deal
- On impeachment day, Trump sees only 'joy and optimism' in Davos
- Hillary Clinton says 'nobody likes' Bernie Sanders
- Facebook to boost site safety with 1,000 more UK staff
- UK to increase teachers minimum salary to £26,000
- China says number of confirmed virus cases jumps to nearly 300
- Huawei chief says US may 'escalate' but confident on business
- Greta Thunberg slams climate change inaction as Davos awaits Trump
- Trump arrives in Davos hours before impeachment trial reopens
- Iran confirms two missiles fired at Ukraine airliner
- Don tasks pharmacists on measures to tackle quackery, fake drugs
- Delta assembly partners with state police on security
- ‘Market systems approach engendered growth in Niger Delta rural communities’
- How NDDC’s interim management may undermine forensic audit
- Imo: Deputy speaker, minority leader resign
- NIJ sacks lecturer over alleged sexual assault
- Congestion traps 26 vessels in Lagos ports, shippers lament delays
- Oyetola swears in Osun Customary Court of Appeal president
- ACF begs security agencies to secure Borno, Yobe roads
- African champions Algeria to face Burkina Faso in World Cup qualifying
- Hernandez joins LA Galaxy from Sevilla
- Barca considering signing a striker, says Setien
- Bayern to sign Real defender Odriozola
- Network hitches linger as slow Internet impacts banking, businesses
- AfDB, DFID unveil $80m infrastructure financing for Africa
- Market halts gaining streak, as index dips 0.83 per cent
- NCDMB, Equatorial Guinea seal pact on modular refinery development
- 'Cylinder recertification plants will encourage safe practices'
- Farmers to kick off N9 billion moringa plantation
- Nigerian banks in one month’s activity hive
- Global FDI declines to $1.39 trillion, says UN
- ‘Lack of integrity may undermine national productivity, growth’
- Bears sustain dominance as prices of major stocks dip
- Recapitalisation, micro-insurance hold key to sector’s growth
- Price stability, domestic content czar reigns
- Reforming microfinance to alleviate poverty, foster national development
- Small businesses still go global
- Tokyo stocks close up more than 2%
- Reshaping job creation paradigms for entrepreneurship growth
- Shell inducts nine professors, 22 others for sabbatical, research positions
- Gains in 22 stocks push market index by N48 billion
- Market capitalisation down by further N114billion
- Key benefits of trading on Forex in Nigeria with Alpari
- Revving up working capital, operational efficiency via rights issues
- A'Ibom community tackles Mobil over 'paltry' development grant
- UNEP Report: Ogoni accuse Buhari of being slow on implementation
- ‘Solid minerals do not belong to host states’
- IEA tasks IoCs on acceleration of energy transition efforts
- NAMA begins calibration of landing instrument at Lagos airport
- NCAA hinges flight delays, cancellations on low capacity
- World biggest airplane begins full-time operation
- NAMA begins calibration of landing instrument at Lagos airport
- Weighting reasons, gains of border closure
- Global FDI declines to $1.39 trillion, says UN
- South Sudan’s PPP grid expansion offers Nigeria new cues
- 59 years after, stock market still bogged down by neglect, crisis of confidence, illiquidity
- 3 Major 5G Networks Launch across Africa 2020 is proving that Africa is no stranger to 5G and all the exciting benefits that come with it – in fact, more and more countries are beginning their network upgrade journey. Just this week alone, three major African markets have announced plans to adopt 5G within the coming months – these countries are South [&hellip...
- PREDICTIVE INSIGHTS SIGNS ON AS BRONZE SPONSOR FOR THE DIGITAL RETAIL FORUM 2020 Predictive Insights has signed on as a bronze sponsor for the Digital Retail Forum 2020 that is slated to take place on the 29th January 2020, at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg. Predictive Insights, a product development studio that uses AI and machine...
- Five technology trends expected in 2020 and beyond In 2019 the South African technological landscape saw tremendous changes. However, unlike in previous years, terms such as 5G, cloud computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and data analytics were no longer just concepts at tech conferences but became part of...
- MTN Zambia appoints new CFO MTN Zambia announced on Monday, 20 January 2020, the appointment of Komba Malukutila as Chief FinTech Officer effective 1st February 2020. Until this appointment, Malukutila served as General Manager: Enterprise Business within MTN Zambia where he led the...
- Liquid Telecoms reveals 5G network plans Liquid Telecoms has plans to launch a wholesale 5G network in early 2020 – according to a statement published by the South African network provider – making it the first network of its kind in the country. “Liquid Telecom is to launch the first...
- Controversial Author and Co-founder of “Africa’s Amazon” to deliver keynote at Digital Retail Forum, Johannesburg Marek Zmysłowski, Polish-born entrepreneur focused on online businesses in Frontier and Emerging Markets, has been confirmed as a Keynote Speaker at the Digital Retail Forum 2020 — taking place on 29 January at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg, South...
- LEAKED: Huawei P40 Pro sporting 5 cameras Earlier this week, a new leak has provided potentially the best look at the newest Huawei flagship device – the P40 Pro. The renders, provided by Evan “Evleaks” Blass, appear to showcase the phone’s impressive curves, front glass and ceramic...
- Facebook ditches plan to place ads in WhatsApp – for now Over the last few years, Facebook has been slowly adding a plethora of platforms to its portfolio — from FriendFeed and Oculus VR to Instagram. And since acquiring WhatsApp in 2014, the social media giant has rarely integrated many major changes aside from...
- MTN Zambia makes non-expiry mobile data bundles available MTN Zambia announced that it has launched a new range of non-expiry mobile data bundles – dubbed ‘Freedom bundles’. The Freedom bundles are added to existing mobile data bundles to offer customers more choice and to contribute to digital...
- Vivo launches the Y19 budget smartphone in Kenya Earlier this week, Vivo announced that it has expanded its Y-series portfolio with the launch of the new Vivo Y19 in Kenya. The new device, said to be inspired and powered by the youth, premiers a 5000mAh battery, a Halo FullView Display, an AI Triple Rear...
- ARGILITY TECHNOLOGY GROUP SET TO JOIN DIGITAL RETAIL FORUM AS SILVER SPONSOR The Digital Retail Forum 2020 is set to take place on 29 January at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg, South Africa. The conference will be focused on emerging technologies such as Ai, IoT, drones, digital payment solutions, new eCommerce models and mobility...
- Top 10 most downloaded apps of 2019 If you’re wondering what apps thrived last year, look no further – SensorTower has just published its report reflecting the most popular and most downloaded apps of 2019. This report used per-user download figures from the Apple App Store as well...
- 2nd Digital Retail Forum, Johannesburg to tackle burning issues in retail Following a successful 2019 event, the 2nd Digital Retail Forum will take place on 29 January at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa. The forum will feature speakers who are thought leaders, visionaries and experts in the retail space....
- Telkom could cut as many as 3,000 jobs Telkom has faced gloomy share-price performance on top of dwindling earnings in the last few months – leaving the South African network provider in big trouble. With very few options, it’s reported that the partially state-owned enterprise could...
- Huawei could launch the Nova 5T in Kenya Smartphone manufacturer, Huawei might be releasing its Nova 5T device in Kenya this year. According to reports from TechWeez, “Huawei has strong relationships with the Kenyan telco and smartphone market” which means the possibility of this device...
- GENESYS JOINS DIGITAL RETAIL FORUM 2020 AS GOLD SPONSOR Leading cloud solutions provider, Genesys has been announced as Gold sponsor of Digital Retail Forum 2020, set to take place on 29 January at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg, South Africa. DRF2020 will focus on how emerging technologies such as Ai, IoT,...
- Group lauds AbdulRasaq for reviving education in Kwara
The Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria (MMWGN) has lauded the Kwara State Governor AbfulRahman AbdulRasaq for reviving the education
- Sultan asks political gladiators to embrace peace, unity
Tunde Omolehin, Sokoto The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has urged political gladiators in the state to unite
- Mastermind of naval personnel killing feared dead in military invasion
Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa Suspected mastermind behind the killing of four naval ratings and kidnap of three expatriates off the coast
- NDDC contract verification ploy to subvert forensic audit –GroupNDDC contract verification ploy to subvert forensic audit –Group
Niger Delta Accountability and Development Coalition (NDADC) has raised the alarm about recent actions undertaken by the Interim Management Committee
- Group blames declining businesses in Delta on poor power supply, failed roads
Paul Osuyi, Asaba A group, Niger Delta Demands Accountability (NDDA), yesterday, blamed epileptic power supply and dilapidated roads in the
- Ugwuanyi says Enugu can thrive without federal allocations
Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State says his administration can thrive without revenues from the Federal Allocations. He said that
- Ebonyi: Teaching hospital paralysed as doctors begin 3-day warning strike
Chijioke Agwu, Abakaliki Over 200 resident doctors in Alex Ekwueme University Teaching Hospital Abakaliki, (AE-FUTHA), Ebonyi State, yesterday, embarked on
- Jubilation in Adamawa, Benue as Fintiri, Ortom win at Supreme Court
Godwin Tsa Abuja and Rose Ejembi, Makurdi The Supreme Court verdicts affirming the election of Samuel Ortom and Ahmadu Fintiri
- Joint Border drill won’t cripple legitimate businesses –Customs
Layi Olanrewaju, Ilorin The Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) has assured that its ongoing joint border drill operations across the country
- FG reaffirms support for affordable healthcare, social protection
Aidoghie Paulinus, Abuja The Federal Government has reaffirmed its commitment to access to affordable healthcare and social protection to member
- Uzoho’s medical card scandal: 36-year-old woman arrested
- 9mobile launches AI digital customer assistant
9Mobile has reaffirmed its commitment to a superior experience for its customers with the launch of ‘Enin’, a personal digital
- Konga has grown over eight times since we acquired it – Co-CEO, Ekeh
Prince Nnamdi Ekeh is the co-chief executive officer of Konga. On the sidelines of the first Creative Africa Exchange recently
- Furore over 1,200% hike in right of way charges
Chinenye Anuforo The decision of some states to increase the right of way (RoW) charges by over 1,200 per cent
- GEIL begins work on $350m Otakikpo Phase 2 field
Uche Usim, Abuja Green Energy International Limited, the operator of the Otakikpo marginal field in Oil Mining Lease (“OML”) 11
- FG inaugurates performance tracking officers to tackle oil theft, others
To ensure set targets are achieved, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Mr. Bitrus Bako Nabasu, on Monday inaugurated
- FIRS reshuffles management to meet N8.5trn target
Uche Usim, Abuja Ahead of his plans to realize the 2020 revenue target of N8.5 trillion, the Executive Chairman of
- Mouka makes presentation to Armed Forces
Merit Ibe In commemoration of the Armed Forces Remembrance Day, Mouka, foremost manufacturer of mattresses and other bedding products, has
- Impact of border closure minimal on our business –Afolabi, Ornua boss
Merit Ibe Olatunde Afolabi is the general manager Nigeria, Ornua Dairy Products Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of Ornua Cooperative Ltd.
- Global e-commerce revenue to hit $6.54trn by 2023
Adewale Sanyaolu The global e-commerce retail revenues are projected to hit $6.54 trillion by 2023 as against worldwide e-commerce sales
- UK-Africa Summit: Nigeria among top gainers with £6.5bn deals, £1.5bn aid
The UK-Africa Investment Summit which held Monday in London has yielded business deals of about £6.5 billion with Nigeria among
- A bunch of “fantastically corrupt” Nigerians, Adamu calls Buhari ministers
- Emeka Ihedioha and Supreme Court judgement
Demola Olarewaju The judgement removing Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha from office as Imo State Governor and installing Hope Uzodinma in
- Supreme Court verdict’s protest: Wike didn’t insult PDP –Nsirim
Tony John, Port Harcourt Rivers State Commissioner for Information and Communications, Paulinus Nsirim, has debunked allegation that Governor Nyesom Wike,
- Obaseki has failed Edo people –Eholor
Ighomuaye Lucky, Benin A Benin-based human rights activist and founder, One Love Foundation, Patrick Eholor, yesterday, berated the Edo State
- PDP hails judgment on Sokoto, Bauchi, Benue, Adamawa
Ndubuisi Orji, Abuja The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) , yesterday, commended the Supreme Court for upholding the wishes of the
- 2021 guber: Anambra leaders insist on zoning, warn against Imo incident
Romanus Ugwu, Abuja A pan-Igbo socio-political group, lgbo Leadership Development Foundation (ILDF), has demanded the strict adherence to zoning for
- Imo: Deputy speaker, minority leader resign as 9 lawmakers defect to APC
Stanley Uzoaru and George Onyejiuwa, Owerri Deputy Speaker of Imo House of Assembly, Okey Onyekanma, yesterday, resigned his position even
- …Mbaise calls on S’Court to reverse judgment
Romanus Okoye Ezuruezu Mbaise, a sociocultural group, has called on the Supreme Court to reverse its judgment which sacked Chief
- Ortom’s victory at Supreme Court, true reflection of Benue electorate’s decision – Agada
Rose Ejembi, Makurdi Former Minister of State, Education and Chairman Benue State Civil Service Commission, Professor Jerry Agada has described
- Nobody took mock coffin to Ugwuanyi’s house – Enugu youths
Magnus Eze, Enugu The Enugu State chapter of National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) has flayed insinuations that some disgruntled
- More reactions trail Ortom’s victory at Supreme Court
Rose Ejembi, Makurdi Reactions have continued to trail the judgement of the Supreme Court which affirmed the election of Governor
- Miracle win offers Australian PM authority and government stability
- Actress, Mabel Oboh joins politics
As the race for 2023 picks up, seasoned actress, broadcaster and philanthropist, Mabel Oboh has delved into politics. Oboh is now
- Why I want to create awareness about cancer –Joy Ebhodaghe, beauty queen
Tony Ogaga Beauty queen, Joy Ebhodaghe will not forget October 4, 2019 in a hurry. It was the day she
- I’m blessed with hot, sexy body –Monica Friday
While some of her colleagues have been secretly going under the knife to perfect their looks and shapes, actress Monica
- At 38, I’m happy with my achievements –Yul Edochie
Few days ago, talented Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie turned 38 and he has been bouncing in the euphoria. In a
- DStv emerges preferred pay TV option for Nigerians
MultiChoice Nigeria’s DStv and GOtv platforms have emerged as Nigerians’ preferred Pay TV service providers for home entertainment during the
- Royal Awards for Sharon Ooja, Lala Akindoju, others
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye on Friday, January 17 honoured 100 Nigerian youths with Royal Awards. The awardees,
- Why I can’t hide my curves –Biodun Okeowo, actress
Rita Okoye Popularly known in the movie industry as Omoborty, Biodun Okeowo is one actress whose sexy figure announces her
- US based medical doctor, Godwin Maduka adorns 2020 Cover of ATTENTION Magazine
The 15th Newyear Impression Edition of Africa's leading print publication, "Attention Magazine" has adorned on it cover page, the famous
- Mompha runs unregistered BDC, witness tells court
Lukman Olabiyi Prosecution Witness yesterday told Justice Muhammad Liman of the Federal High Court, Lagos that social media influencer, Ismaila
- Court strikes out car theft charge against Naira Marley
Lukman Olabiyi A Lagos State magistrate court has dismissed a car theft charge filed by the police against hip hop
- January 22, Flutterwave Gets $35m Funding
- January 22, From Compliance to Developmental Regulatory Model
- January 22, Survey Shows Marginal Decline in Personal Well-Being Index
- January 22, CIBN Holds Forum on Economic Outlook
- January 22, ‘Biometrics Addresses Inefficiencies, Boost Productivity’
- January 22, From Compliance to Developmental Regulatory Model
- January 22, Survey Shows Marginal Decline in Personal Well-Being Index
- January 22, CIBN Holds Forum on Economic Outlook
- January 22, ‘Biometrics Addresses Inefficiencies, Boost Productivity’
- January 21, 25 Gencos’ Earnings Drop to 29.4% in Five Months
- January 21, NSE All-Share Index Rises 0.31% as Equities Market Opens Positively
- January 21, UBA Moves to Deepen Intra-African Trade
- January 21, Buba Now SunTrust Bank CEO
- January 21, NIWA Decries Property Development on Waterways
- January 21, ‘Electronic Offering Will Reduce Unclaimed Dividends, Attract More Investors’
- January 21, Poor Power Supply: NIPPs to the Rescue?
- January 21, Nova Appointed Customs Duty Collecting Bank
- January 21, Warri South Warns against Fake Agents
- January 21, Tackling Nigeria’s Rising Unemployment
- January 21, Promoting Investment in Mining Sector
- January 21, NNPC GMD Commends Lee Engineering
- January 21, Oil Theft Fueled by Insufficient Penalty, Others, Says FG
- January 21, E’Guinea to Replicate Nigeria’s Modular Refinery
- January 21, How To inspire Your Son to join the family business
- January 21, TCN: Improved Power Supply Unlikely Without Discos’ Recapitalisation
- January 21, LCC Cashless Policy Captures About 23,000 Users at Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Toll Plaza
- January 21, Ecobank Partners NIRSAL, USAID, Others
|| 80MB|| 200MB