MH370:-Doubts-emerge-over-found-wing">August 31, 2015 : Daniel Gbabo, Makurdi
- Boko Haram 'spreads to Lagos' - BBC News
- How embattled Radio Nigeria DG, Ladan Salihu, sacked staff who exposed his ... - Premium Times
- Nigeria US Ambassador's Death Shocks Buhari, Obama - International Business Times
International Business Times
Nigeria US Ambassador's Death Shocks Buhari, ObamaInternational Business TimesNigeria's ambassador to the United States, Adebowale Adefuye, who received Buhari during his White House visit, died in Washington, D.C. on Aug. 27, 2015. Above, U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari ..."Improving Prospects for US – Nigeria Relations: 2015 – A Year of Challenge ...AllAfrica.comBuhari, ex-US envoy, Sanders, Nigerian in Diaspora mourn AdefuyeThe Guardian Nigeria (satire) (press release) (blog)Death of Nigeria's Ambassador to the United StatesUS Department of State (press release)all 119 news articles »
- The Other Conflict That Is Costing Nigeria Billions - Huffington Post
The Other Conflict That Is Costing Nigeria BillionsHuffington PostWASHINGTON -- When people think of violence in Nigeria, they usually think of Boko Haram, the militant group that terrorizes parts of the country's northeast. But there's another long-running conflict in Africa's largest country: the one between ...
- Michael Gbinije, Nigeria basketball team win AfroBasket, qualify for Rio Olympics - Syracuse.com
- Nigeria's wasted years.... - SuperSport (blog)
Nigeria's wasted years....SuperSport (blog)I have watched and thoroughly enjoying the events of the IAAF World Athletics Championship in Beijing, China. They remind me of my days of association with Nigerian athletes. I actually managed two of them to win gold and silver medals at the 1996 ...and more »
- Liverpool sign 18-year-old Nigeria forward Taiwo Awoniyi - The Guardian
- 20 exhibitors to showcase Nigeria's talents at GITEX 2015 - Vanguard
- Jonathan holds meeting with ex-ministers over probe - News24 Nigeria
- Nigeria's first test-tube baby gets European varsity admission - The Punch
- Lagos Bans Out-of-Court Settlement for Rape, Violence [Daily Trust] Lagos -The Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team (DSVRT) has said that out-of-court settlement for rape, defilement and violence cases against women would no longer be allowed.
- Boko Haram Leaders Arrested - State Security [This Day] Abuja/Maiduguri -- Sect kills 56 in fresh attacks, says Shettima
- Nigeria's Beijing 2015 Outing a Disappointment [CAJ News] Lagos -A DAMP squib.
- Time to Improve U.S-Nigeria Ties [CFA] Over the past year I have written and publicly commented often about Nigeria.
- Saraki Leads Nigerian Delegation to UN Parliamentary Conference [Daily Trust] Senate President, Bukola Saraki has led the Nigerian delegation to participate in the 4th United Nations Conference of Parliamentary Heads holding at the organisation's headquarters in New York, United States.
- Revealed - How Banks, Govt Officials Aided Marketers to Loot Subsidy Billions [Vanguard] Impunity twerked naked at the market square. It is still not done twerking.Thousands of forged documents , outlandish fairy tales, pervasive conscience searing mendacity . The whole of an annual federal capital budget plundered by a few. Noises were made, scapegoats whipped out and paraded in courts, backdoor negotiations were held at night. Many made away with their loot ,smiling and twerking or rather gyrating.
- Boko Haram Kills 68 in Borno Village [Vanguard] Maiduguri -At least 68 people were killed while several others sustained injuries as Boko Haram insurgents invaded Baanu Village in Nganzai local government area of Borno State on Friday night.
- Atiku Condoles El-Rufa'i Over Father's Death [Daily Trust] Former Vice President and chieftain of All Progressives Congress (APC) Atiku Abubakar has expressed deep regret over the death of Governor Nasir el-Rufa'i's father, Alhaji Yahaya Hamza.
- How Nigeria's Ambassador to U.S. Prof Adefuye Died [Leadership] More facts have emerged on how Nigeria's Ambassador to the United States, Professor Adebowale Ibidapo Adefuye died in the United States.
- Diesel Leak Causes Multiple Accidents in Delta [Vanguard] Okpe -There was pandemonium on Friday night along the Eku/Oviore road in Ethiope East Local Government Area of Delta State as many people sustained various degrees of injuries while over 15 cars were damaged following multiple accidents that occurred on the road.
- Obasanjo Is an Economic Illiterate, a Liar - Says Wole Soyinka [Vanguard] Nobel Laurette, Prof Wole Soyinka has described former president, Olusegun Obasanjo as a liar and somebody who should not be taken seriously and that he has no respect for him.
- Anti-Corruption War Is Non-Negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan's Ministers [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday replied former Nigerian ministers who questioned the sincerity of his anti-corruption war, saying it is not intended to rubbish the name of anyone.
- On Loans, Their Use and Misuse [Guardian] THE Federal Ministry of Transport's Permanent Secretary, Mohammed Bashar, while briefing President Muhammadu Buhari on that ministry the other day, said that on the watch of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala, immediate past finance minister, a substantial part of the $1.005 billion loan obtained by the Federal Government from the China Eximbank for a Lagos-Kano rail line was diverted to other ends.
- How Embattled Radio Nigeria DG, Ladan Salihu, Sacked Staff Who Exposed His Corruption [Premium Times] Two senior staff of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, FRCN, who exposed corrupt practices at the corporation, leading to the indictment of its current head, Ladan Salihu, were controversially dismissed by the latter, PREMIUM TIMES investigations have shown.
- Bailout - CBN Injects N338 Billion in 27 States to Stimulate Economy [This Day] - Kwara, Osun, Zamfara commence payment of salary arrears, 24 other states to follow
- CBN Urged to Further Devalue the Naira [This Day] The sustained low crude oil prices will continue to put pressure on Nigeria's revenue as well as the country's currency, a financial market expert has said. To this end, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has been advised to allow for some level of adjustment of the naira.
- APC, PDP At Each Other's Throats Over Buhari's Management of Economy [This Day] Abuja -Jonathan's ministers set record straight on their stewardship, presidency disagrees
- Yusuf Retires From House Demolition, Says He Has No Regrets [Daily Trust] Yahaya Yusuf last week bowed out of service as Director of Development Control Department of Abuja Metropolitan Management Council (AMMC) saying he has no regrets for allowing bulldozers to maul many buildings in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- Boko Haram - How Nigeria Lost N2.5 Billion to Fake Ceasefire [Vanguard] There were indications last night that the claimed enthusiasm by the leadership of the Boko Haram sect with the Nigerian Government was not holding as planned.
- Continent Millionaires Can Become Moguls [EA Business] A recent report by the New World Wealth, a consultancy stated that some 165,000 Africans have an estimated combined wealth of $660 billion in 2014.
- 100 Days - Mixed Reactions Trail Buhari's Style of Leadership [Guardian] FORMER Vice President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Comrade Isah Tijjani has faulted President Muhammadu Buhari's appointments as being increasingly lopsided in favour of the Northern part of the country, as the federal government celebrates 100 days in office.
- Obasanjo, a Shameless Liar - Soyinka [Daily Trust] Lagos -Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka had described former President Olusegun a shameless liar whom he has no respect for. While responding to a question on at an event tagged: "An evening with Wole Soyinka" in Lagos on Friday, he said even though he appreciated the fact that Obasanjo as an individual is entitled to his opinion about him (Soyinka), he is nonetheless bothered because "nobody has respect for liar".
- Borno Rocket Attack Survivors Face Hunger, Neglect [Daily Trust] Maiduguri -Residents of a house hit by rockets suspected to have been launched by Boko Haram insurgents that killed seven people and injured 12 others, have cried out that they are suffering from hunger, lack of medical care and neglect as the heads of the three households died in the incident hours after President Muhammadu Buhari's historic inauguration.
- Boko Haram Attacks Borno Village On Horseback, Kills 68 [Vanguard] Maiduguri -At least 68 people were killed while several others were injured when members of Boko Haram sect invaded Baanu Village of Nganzai local government area of Borno state.
- Top Five Celebrity Couples 2015 [Leadership] The year is fast coming to an end and there are couples in the industry that have either been seen on the red carpet together or on holidays. These couples are the rave of 2015 even though many would want to disagree. ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM writes on the top 5 celebrity couples of 2015.
- How Nigerian Air Force Plane Crashed, Killing All Passengers, Crew - - Air Force [Premium Times] The Nigerian Air Force on Saturday said all passengers and crew on board the Dornier-228 aircraft were killed in the crash that occurred Saturday morning.
- SSS Disrupts Boko Haram Spy Network At Abuja Airport, Arrests Suspect [Premium Times] The State Security Service, SSS, said it has disrupted a spying network mounted by the Boko Haram terrorists at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.
- Boko Haram - 58,000 Nigerian Refugees in Cameroon, Chad, Niger [Premium Times] About 58,000 Nigerians displaced by the Boko Haram insurgency in North-East Nigeria are taking refuge in neighbouring Cameroon, Niger and Chad.
- Late Oba Sijuwade Lamented Yoruba Marginalisation Before He Died - Obasanjo [Premium Times] Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday said the late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, shortly before his death, lamented that the Yoruba people were marginalised in the scheme of things in the country.
- 'Army Uncovers Major Bomb-Making Factory, Arrests Terrorist Leader' [Premium Times] Troops of the 25 Task Force Brigade of the Nigerian Army have uncovered a major bomb-making factory and arrested a terrorist leader and two others, the spokesperson for the army, Sani Usman, has said.
- Photos: Omotola Jalade Introduces Son To Singer Bono During ONE Campaign Meeting In Lagos
- Mike Ezuruonye, Queen Nwokoye & Omoni Oboli’s Fans Duped By Internet Fraudsters
- Photos: Tonto Dikeh’s Husband Pays Bride Price During Traditional Engagement Ceremony
- Nollywood Actor Segun Arinze Fathers 6 Children From 3 Women
- Why Toyin Aimakhu Can’t Divorce Her Husband – Nigerian Lawyer
- Ruth Abokoku Yoruba Movie: Femi Adebayo Weds Makeup Artist Omolara Samuel On Set
- Photos: Angela Okorie Put Boobs On Display During Birthday Party At Rumors Night Club In Festac Lagos
- Nollywood Actress Moji Olaiya Opens Boutique, Hair Salon In Magodo Lagos
- Photos: Newly Married Tonto Dikeh Says Wedding Engagement Ring Costs N12 Million
- Nigerian Actor Nkem Owoh Osuofia Begs Buhari To Help Nollywood
- Funke Akindele Holds 39th Birthday Party In London UK Today, See Pics From Birmingham & Manchester
- Nollywood Actress Adunni Ade: Don’t Blame Me Bcos I’m Not Married To My Children’s Fathers
- Tonto Dikeh’s Traditional Wedding Pictures: Nollywood Actress Marries Oladunni Churchill
- Photos: Anambra Policemen Kill 7 Biafrans, Injure 30 In Onitsha During Pro Biafra Rally, Peace Meeting
- 4 Masquerades Attack CAC Church Members During Service In Akoko Ondo, Suspect Arrested
- Photo: Lagos Catholic School Sacks Teacher For Taking Maternity Leave, Pays Her N2500 As Benefit
- Godswill Akpabio Injured In Convoy Accident In Abuja, Admitted To National Trauma Center
- Photos: 38 Topless Virgins Die In Swaziland Road Accident On Their Way To Perform For King Mswati
- Photo: Girl 16, Teenager Tortured With Hot Iron By Aunt For Sleeping With Landlord’ Son In Ketu Lagos
- Photos: Faces Of 6 Out Of 19 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Lagos, Enugu, Plateau, Kano & Gombe
- Photos: Pastor Caught Sleeping With Church Members In Oshodi Lagos Chased Out Of Service
- Fatal Accident On Ibadan Ogbomoso Road Kills 7
- Man Declared Missing In Omu Aran Kwara State Found Dead In Well
- Boko Haram Is Planning Suicide Bomb Attacks In Lagos, Terrorists Have Entered Lagos – DSS
- EFCC Probes GEJ For Using $6.9M To Buy Mobile Stages, Jonathan Allegedly Used Secret NNPC Accounts..
- 10 Boko Haram Terrorists Executed By Firing Squad In Chad
A renowned gang leader in Benue State, Terwase Akwaza, popularly known as Ghana, has surrendered 84 guns to the state government, embracing the amnesty programme declared by the state government for residents of the state to surrender illegal weapons in their possession. State Governor, Mr. Samuel Ortom, said this on Monday in Makurdi, the state… [Read More…]
MH370: Doubts emerge over found wing Investigators may have hit a dead end in their quest to say with certainty whether a piece of airplane debris found in the Indian Ocean comes from a Malaysian passenger jet that disappeared mysteriously in 2014. The Malaysian Prime Minister said a few weeks ago that the debris clearly is from MH370, which disappeared with Leave-a-Comment-
Two-British-journalists-and-an-Iraqi-fixer-working-for-Vice-News-have-been-charged-by-a-Turkish-judge-in-Diyarbakir-of-being-members-of-the-Islamic-State-of-Iraq-and-Levant.-Jake-Hanrahan,-Philip-Pendlebury-and-Mohamed-Ismail-Rasoul-were-arrested-on-Thursday-in-Diyarbakir-while-filming-clashes-between-the-security-forces-and-youth-members… [Read-More…]-Rwanda-to-host-global-tech-forum">August 31, 2015 : aljazeera
Two British journalists and an Iraqi fixer working for Vice News have been charged by a Turkish judge in Diyarbakir of being members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant. Jake Hanrahan, Philip Pendlebury and Mohamed Ismail Rasoul were arrested on Thursday in Diyarbakir while filming clashes between the security forces and youth members… [Read More…]
Rwanda to host global tech forum Rwanda is set to host another global technology forum, two years after the last one held in October 2013, a meeting aimed to discuss Africa’s digital revolution. The ‘Transform Africa 2015′ summit, due on October 19-21, will be co-hosted by Rwanda President Paul Kagame and Houlin Zhao Secretary General of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Leave-a-Comment-
Protesters-have-thrown-“several”-explosive-devices-outside-Ukraine’s-parliament-in-the-capital-Kiev,-killing-at-least-one-policeman-and-wounding-at-least-90-people,-according-to-Interior-Minister-Arsen-Avakov.-The-unrest-erupted-on-Monday-shortly-after-parliament-backed-the-first-reading-of-reforms-to-give-greater-autonomy-to-the-separatist-east-as-part-of… [Read-More…]-Why-electricity-has-remained-stable-–-FG">August 31, 2015 : aljazeera
Protesters have thrown “several” explosive devices outside Ukraine’s parliament in the capital Kiev, killing at least one policeman and wounding at least 90 people, according to Interior Minister Arsen Avakov. The unrest erupted on Monday shortly after parliament backed the first reading of reforms to give greater autonomy to the separatist east as part of… [Read More…]
Why electricity has remained stable – FG The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali, on Monday said electricity has been stable in the country lately because there has not been any case of gas pipeline vandalism. Igali spoke with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. He recalled that vandalism was the bane of electricity supply during the last Leave-a-Comment-
An-All-Progressives-Congress-senator,-Magnus-Abe,-has-accused-the-Peoples-Democratic-Party-of-making-a-willful-and-malicious-attempt-to-misinform-President-Muhammadu-Buhari-on-the-activities-of-the-Nigerian-Army-and-the-Department-of-State-Services-at-the-Rivers-State-National-Assembly-Election-Petitions-Tribunal.-Abe,-in-a-letter-addressed-to-the-President,… [Read-More…]-Saraki-congratulates-D’Tigers">August 31, 2015 : Ramon Oladimeji
An All Progressives Congress senator, Magnus Abe, has accused the Peoples Democratic Party of making a willful and malicious attempt to misinform President Muhammadu Buhari on the activities of the Nigerian Army and the Department of State Services at the Rivers State National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal. Abe, in a letter addressed to the President,… [Read More…]
Saraki congratulates D’Tigers Senate President, Bukola Saraki, on Monday congratulated Nigeria’s senior basketball team, D’Tigers, for emerging as African Champions for the first time in the history of the continental tournament. Saraki, according to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Sanni Onogu, in Abuja, said it was fulfilling that the Nigerian team finally broke the jinx and Leave-a-Comment-
The-Court-of-Appeal-in-Abuja-has-reserved-judgment-in-three-separate-appeals-filed-by-Governor-Nyesom-Wike-of-Rivers-State-and-his-party,-the-Peoples-Democratic-Party,-with-respect-to-the-ongoing-proceedings-of-the-states-Governorship-Election-Petitions-Tribunal-sitting-in-Abuja.-The-All-Progressives-Congress-and-its-candidate-in-the-April-11,… [Read-More…]-Saraki,-Saudi-envoy-seek-closer-economic-ties">August 31, 2015 : Ade Adesomoju
The Court of Appeal in Abuja has reserved judgment in three separate appeals filed by Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, with respect to the ongoing proceedings of the states Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja. The All Progressives Congress and its candidate in the April 11,… [Read More…]
Saraki, Saudi envoy seek closer economic ties Senate President, Bukola Saraki and the Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to Nigeria, Fahad Sefyan, have pledged to work towards deepening the economic ties between both countries. Saraki and Sefyan stated this when the ambassador visited the senate president in his office, according to a statement by the Sarakis Chief Press Secretary, Sanni Onogu, in Abuja, Leave-a-Comment-
The-national-leadership-of-the-Peoples-Democratic-Party-has-said-only-Nigerians-are-in-the-position-to-say-why-the-party-was-rejected-at-the-poll-during-the-last-general-elections.-It-said-the-rejection-of-the-party-was-still-a-surprise-despite-the-achievements-it-claimed-the-party-recorded-in-the-last-16-years,… [Read-More…]-IG-promotes-sergeant-for-sewing-bullet-proof-vest">August 31, 2015 : Olusola Fabiyi
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has said only Nigerians are in the position to say why the party was rejected at the poll during the last general elections. It said the rejection of the party was still a surprise despite the achievements it claimed the party recorded in the last 16 years,… [Read More…]
IG promotes sergeant for sewing bullet-proof vest A serving Sergeant with the Bauchi State Police Command, Godwin Hosea, has been promoted to the rank of an Inspector by the Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase, for sowing a bullet-proof jacket. Decorating the newly promoted Inspector at the Police Headquarters in Bauchi on Monday, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mohammed Mohammed, commended
- Obi Worldphone to target emerging markets Obi Worldphone has unveiled two new smartphones, the SF1 and SJ1.5. According to the mobile phone manufacturer, which is being backed by Apple CEO John Sculley, the devices are expected to deliver high-end specifications at affordable prices to “rapidly growing youth populations.”Obi Worldphone revealed that these emerging markets...
- SimbaPay partners with Choice Microfinance Bank in Kenya SimbaPay has revealed the expansion of its free instant deposit service to Choice Microfinance Bank in Kenya. SimbaPay has partnered with Choice Microfinance Bank a microfinance institution founded by Kenyans abroad. According to Victor Karanja, Head of...
- Top 5 inspirational women in tech The theme for Women’s Month 2015 is “Women United in Moving South Africa Forward.” As Women’s Month is coming to an end, Intel has handpicked five inspirational women who are making strides in the tech industry, not only personally and...
- South Africa: Mobile online shopping on the rise? According to online classifieds website OLX, it has seen a surge of internet users visit its website via mobile devices. OLX revealed that currently more than 65% of its internet traffic is from mobile devices, and growing fast. “We have seen a surge in...
- Zimbabwe debates Internet Governance Stakeholders in the local ICT industry who converged at Jameson Hotel in Harare on August 21, 2015, to debate and deliberate on the national importance of the internet and its governance in Zimbabwe, have come up with resolutions and a way forward. MISA...
- Airtel, Wari partner to expand financial inclusion in Nigeria As part of its contribution towards Federal Government’s efforts to deepen financial inclusion in the country Airtel Nigeria has collaborated with payment solution provider, Wari, to provide a new payment platform for Nigerians. Designed as a convenient and...
- IT News Africa: Top Stories of the Week This week in technology has been a rather busy one. Not only has Liquid Telecom reported a sharp rise of African content on its network, but fixed broadband is also on the rise in Africa. We also had some great opinion pieces come in this week. These covered...
- Dimension Data, VCE co-sponsor Innovation Dinner Nigeria Africa’s technology news leader IT News Africa, today announced that Dimension Data will be the lead sponsor of the next edition of the IT News Africa Innovation Dinner Series in Nigeria, in partnership with VCE. On the 16th of September 2015, senior...
- Frost & Sullivan recognises best-in-class companies across Africa On Thursday, August 20th, Frost & Sullivan honoured recipients of its 2015 Growth, Innovation & Leadership Awards Banquet held in Cape Town, South Africa. The evening event, with its celebratory ambiance and prestigious Awards, brought together more...
- MainOne submarine cable extended to Cameroon According to a report via This Day, Nigeria-based undersea cable firm MainOne has extended its submarine fibre cable to Cameroon. The reports reveals that the Nigerian-Cameroon Submarine Cable System (NCSCS) will also branch out to two strategic points in...
- Nigeria: Mobile internet users up by 13.6 percent Mobile internet users in Nigeria grew by 13.6 percent in the first half of 2015 to 92.6 million, according to the latest report from the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) – which was revealed by TelecomPaper. The reports revealed that MTN Nigeria...
- Botswana Post unveils electricity payment app Botswana Post has officially released a new mobile app. The mobile app, which is currently available to Android users, gives consumers the ability to purchase prepaid electricity directly from the app. Speaking on the release of the app, Lebogang Bok, Head...
- Meet the $35 USD smartphone Orange has unveiled the Klif smartphone. According to Orange, the Firefox 2.0 powered device was developed by Mozilla’s Egyptian subsidiary Mobinil, and made by Alcatel. When taking a closer look at the device, we found that it features a dual-core 1.0...
- Barloworld to transform its business using cloud solution It may have a distinct advantage, but Barloworld Equipment, a subsidiary of the Barloworld Group, realised the need to transform its business operations to maintain its competitive position. With its diverse operations, including technical service centres,...
- Nokia Networks reaffirms commitment to South Africa In order to reaffirm its commitment to the South African market, Nokia Networks showcased its latest innovations in the areas of ultra-dense networks, big data and analytics, and telco cloud in Midrand Johannesburg this week. Deon Geyser, Head of Sub-region,...
- Silvertree invests over R20m in first seven months of 2015 Silvertree Internet Holdings has invested over R20m in existing and new consumer-focused technology companies in the first seven months of 2015, and has seen month-on-month revenue growth of over 10% across the portfolio in 2015, and as much as 40% monthly...
Buhari will balance appointments – APC chairman
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Chief John Odigie-Oyegun yesterday called for calm… ...We didn’t go to beg Ortom- Suswam
Elder brother of former Governor of Benue State, Dr.Gabriel Suswam, Chief Terkura Suswam has… ...Disquiet over Buhari’s appointments
By Willy Eya That President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration has taken off after what seemed a… ...Fasehun to Buhari: Probe Babangida, Obasanjo, others now
By Charles Adegbite Founder of Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), Dr. Frederick Fasehun has called on… ...Abia Tribunal: Otti’s star witness reaffirms being a lawyer
From Okey Sampson, Aba The star witness of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) governorship candidate… ...Kogi governorship election: Audu wins APC ticket
From Emmanuel Adeyemi, Lokoja Prince Abubakar Audu yesterday emerged winner of the All Progressive Congress… ...Ikpeazu to create 3,000 jobs for Abia youths
From Chuks Onuoha, Umuahia Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has assured Abia natives of… ...Missing INEC documents: Controversy trails police report in Delta
From Paul Osuyi, Asaba A police report on the alleged missing of sensitive materials of… ...How Awolowo became Yoruba leader in 1966 –Osoba
When former President Olusegun Obasanjo recently presented his memoir, ‘My Watch: Political and Public Affairs,’… ...What if Lamido had joined APC?
Tribute BY ISMAIL OMIPIDAN Long before former President Olusegun Obasanjo said so about two years… ...Feds arraign former National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki today
(ABUJA) Barring any last minute change of mind, the former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo… ...Pandemonium in Ogun, as rival cults clash
Barely 24 hours, after the Ogun State Police Command arrested 84 suspected cultists in Ado-odo/Ota… ...Fayose vows to close down banks over tax evasion
Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose, has threatened to close down four commercial banks in the… ...EFCC sets up four-man panel to probe Alison-Madueke
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has commenced a full investigation into the activities of… ...Adesina becomes NGE Fellow
From Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa The 11th All Nigerian Editors Conference (ANEC) has ended in Yenagoa,… ...Prepare for new tariff, BEDC tells Ondo, Ekiti, Edo, Delta people
From Bamigbola Gbolagunte, Akure The management of Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) has declared that… ...APC has run economy aground, PDP insists
•Jonathan’s ministers attack Buhari From Taiwo Amodu, Abuja The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has again… ...Ooni stool: 9 top contenders emerge
…Adedoyin, Fadehan missing on Giesi’s list From Clement Adeyi, Osogbo Nine princes, at the weekend,… ...56 feared killed in Borno village attack
From Timothy Olanrewaju, Maiduguri No fewer than 56 people are feared killed in attack on… ...How Dimgba Igwe and I broke barriers to write 50 World Editors –Mike Awoyinfa
BY HENRY AKUBUIRO There is a tendency for those who have made it in their… ...Central Bank injects N338 billion into 27 states to stimulate economy
In line with the federal government’s resolve to reflate economic activities in the country, the… ...Ministers we want: Nigerians speak as Buhari unveils new FEC September
By Omodele Adigun, Bimbola Oyesola, Uche Usim and Adewale Sanyaolu As Nigerians await President Muhammadu… ...Why Buhari chose an ‘outsider’ as Customs boss
…Stakeholders react By Uche Usim Fresh facts have emerged as to why President Muahmmadu Buhari… ...Dangote commissions $250 million cement factory in Cameroun
•Lays foundation for 200m Jetty Bimbola Oyesola As part of its effort to fast-track economic… ...Experts call for further devaluation of Naira
…Seek subsidy removal to reduce forex pressure By Amechi Ogbonna, Omodele Adigun and Blaise Udunze… ...I made a lot of money making clothes for 700 people in the US –Ignatius Njoku, CEO, N2I Clothing
BY AYO ALONGE [email protected]
When your works are admirably good and sellable, invariably, the money… ...Ford to begin Ranger assembly in Nigeria from October
US vehicle manufacturer Ford will assemble its Ranger pickup in Nigeria, starting in October. The… ...Senate probes Customs, FIRS over N567bn illegal spending
The Senate has commenced investigation into an alleged unauthorised spending of N567 billion being the cost of taxes collected by the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) and the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) from January 2005 to July 2015. ...NNPC invites Forte Oil, Mobil, others for fresh crude lifting deal
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC has opened bids for the 2015/2016 award of contract to companies for the evacuation of Nigeria’s crude oil equity from the various crude and condensate production platforms. ...NBC needs N100bn for digitalisation – Commonwealth Telecoms scribe
The Secretary – General Commonwealth Telecommunications Organization Engr. Shoal Taylor has said that the National Broadcasting Commission NBC would need N100 billion to fund the digitization project in the broadcast industry.Taylor who made this known in Abuja during the first Annual Lecture organized by the NBC in commemoration of its 23rd Anniversary stated that the ECOWAS has fixed a new date for the digitalization of the industry for June 17, 2017. ...Will Smith plays Nigerian doctor in new film ‘Concussion’
Debuting a trailer for a Will Smith movie in the middle of a Sports Illustratedcolumn… ...I never experienced fatherly love –Ella Mensah
By IHEJIRIKA SANDRA Ghanaian actress, Ella Mensah dabbled into acting by accident and today, the… ...Why my marriage crashed –Ini Edo, actress
BY JOY UMUKORO Popular Nollywood actress, Ini Edo, has revealed that distance, irreconcilable differences, and… ...Gbedu Awards return
.Holds nominees’ party today The stage is set for the 2015 edition of Gbedu Awards… ...Olori Wendy, Femi Adebayo set to dazzle in Awokoku
Lovers of comedy are in for a swell time as the much anticipated Yoruba/English comedy… ...Mum’s never been part of my life! – DJ Nana
BY ANTHONY OBI Looking for experience as a female DJ? Then the person to talk… ...I meditate before going on stage – Ochonma
Anti-aids campaigner and sofri sofri singer, Innocent Chukwudi Onyekwere aka Ochonma, is an Afro high… ...I’m too young for marriage – Patoranking
Reggae dancehall sensation, Patoranking, has declared that he is too young to get married. The… ...Toyin Aimakhu hubby’s rare courage
BY FATUNMISE DAMILOLA Is another sensational Nollywood divorce on the way? That’s the question on… ...I like being noticed at events –Carol Okeke, Veteran actress
BY AYO ALONGE ([email protected]
) Recently, veteran actress cum businesswoman, Carol Okeke explained why she took a… ...