Welcome. Nairaland for Nigerians & Friends.
- We are deeply concerned about Sowore's detention ― U.S The United States Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor has joined voices to express discontent at Nigeria’s ...
- BWW Review: ABBA: SUPER TROUPERS – THE EXHIBITION, The O2 Further testament to the band's ability to touch lives with their music, there's also a case full of fan mail sent to the ...
- Yobe suspends traditional ruler for defiling a 6-year-old boy Yobe State governor Mai Mala Buni has directed the suspension of the district Head of Fannami Ward, Lawan Mari from Bade ...
- World: #LandmineFree2025: Oslo Review Conference on a Mine-Free World Nigeria, which was declared free of mines in 2011, said it has been experiencing the “tragic consequences of the production and use of anti-personnel mines of an improvised nature by non-state actors.
- Regina Daniels Shows Her Cooking Skill, Prepares Okro Soup - Celebrities Nollywood actress Regina Daniels who got married some months ago to Hon. Ned Nwoko reveals one of her skills most people have no clue about which is her cooking skills. In this video she walks into ...
- Ufot Ekaette: Garlands for a rare patriot In that brief encounter, Ekaette did not ask me where I came from and which political party I belonged but simply wanted to ...
- Technology innovations key to Nigeria’s development – Omo-Agege DEPUTY President of the Senate, Senator Ovie Omo Agege said on Sunday that Nigeria must accelerate advancements in technology ...
- 35 Times! Messi Overtakes Ronaldo As The Player With Most Hat-tricks In La Liga - Sports The Argentinean striker's three goals against Mallorca saw the Barcelona man overtake his old adversary. Leo Messi overtook Cristiano Ronaldo as the player with the most hat-tricks in LaLiga, as he ...
- Ekiti governor congratulates SIEC, newly elected councils chairmen The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has congratulated the newly elected chairmen and councillors of the 16 local ...
- Ruth Ujah Ruchina, Queen Of Unity Nigeria In New Photos - Celebrities Young and vibrant Nigeria Model, Beauty Queen, Philanthropist and impact-humanitarian, Queen Ujah Ruth, popularly reffered as "Ruchina", has xrayed her achievements, prospects and visionary mission in ...
- ICYMI: Every subsequent election gets worse in Nigeria — Ndoma-Egba It seeks to enthrone accountability in Nigeria’s public life. It was supposed to be a veritable weapon in the hands of the ...
- Moses Simon grabs assist as Nantes edge past Dijon The Nigeria international set up the only goal in the encounter to help the Canaries secure victory at Stade de la Beaujoire ...
- APC Clears All Chairmanship Seats In Ekiti Council Poll, PDP Calls For Cancellation The All progressives congress APC has cleared all the 16 chairmanship seats in Saturday’s Local Government election in Ekiti ...
- Corpers Mob Naira Marley At Ogun NYSC Camp (Video) - Celebrities The Nigerian singer, Naira Marley who visited Ogun State NYSC camp was rushed by the corp members.
- Nigeria’s democracy not ‘irreversible,’ Fayemi warns Two Nigerian state governors on Friday in the United Kingdom assessed 20 years of democracy in Nigeria and returned a verdict ...
- Juice Wrld Dies Aged 21 After Suffering A Seizure At Chicago Airport - Celebrities Rapper Juice Wrld has died aged 21 after suffering a reported seizure at Chicago's Midway airport Sunday morning. The up and coming star was bleeding from the mouth when medics arrived, according to ...
- Who Was Russell Bufalino? The True Story of The Irishman Character Martin Scorsese's The Irishman (which debuted on Netflix last week) is full of real-life figures, including Jimmy Hoffa and ...
- Cardi B Bought Huge Bags Of Supplies For A Nigerian Orphanage During Her First Visit To Africa “Gotta thank the ladies and the gentlemen that nurtured these kids that need just a little bit of more love and protection ...
- Africa in the news: Namibia, Guinea-Bissau, Sudan, and Nigeria updates Brookings Institution
- Cardi B is set to perform for the first time in Nigeria and Ghana CNN
- Nigeria DSS re-arrests Omoyele Sowore one day after bail release Quartz Africa
- Cardi B Shares Every Moment of Her First Wild Night in Nigeria Billboard
- Nigeria: ICC investigation in Nigeria now inevitable, further delay a waste of time Amnesty International
- Nigeria's Feud With INGOs Is a Gift to Boko Haram. It Must End ReliefWeb
- Pirates kidnap 19 crew members from Greek tanker off Nigeria Reuters
- Nigeria's parliament passes record budget for 2020 Aljazeera.com
- Moody’s Warns Nigeria Its Reliance on Hot Money Is Damaging Its Economy Bloomberg
- Nigerian Journalist Yele Sowore Arrested Amid Courtroom Incident CBS New York
- News Nigeria: Bills on hate speech and social media are dangerous attacks on freedom of expression Amnesty International
- Chaos Ensues as Nigerian Secret Police Rearrest Buhari Critic Bloomberg
- Bringing Nigeria's rich tradition of wrestling and boxing to the world stage CNN
- Nigeria files fraud charge in bid to overturn nearly $10 billion penalty Reuters
- Fleeing conflict but finding hunger in northwestern Nigeria Al Jazeera English
- Police in Croatia deport Nigerian table tennis players to Bosnia The Guardian
- Polio Eradication: Africa Regional Certification Commission begins verification visit to Nigeria ReliefWeb
- Africa Roundup: Nigerian fintech gets $360M, mints unicorn, draws Chinese VC TechCrunch
- The Future Awards is celebrating Nigeria's young talent CNN
- Nigerian students experience a nightmare in Croatia DW (English)
- Person diagnosed with monkeypox in England after visiting Nigeria The Guardian
- Nigerian fintech startup Migo raises $20m, plans Brazil expansion Quartz Africa
- Nigeria: Pipeline explosion death toll climbs to 7 Anadolu Agency
- Power Outages Are A Big Problem For Nigeria's Booming Tech Startups : Goats and Soda NPR
- Nigeria Yet to Make Contact With Pirates Holding Oil Tanker Crew Bloomberg
- Nigerian table tennis players wrongfully arrested in Croatia and forced across border into Bosnia The Telegraph
- Under-Threat Nigerian Banks Edge Closer to Lending Target Bloomberg
- Nigeria admits border closure causing pain but... Journalducameroun.com - English
- Lagos: Deaths feared after oil pipeline explodes in Nigerian city Sky News
- Nigeria Will Have 25% of World’s Poor Without Reforms, Bank Says Bloomberg
- Cyriel Dessers: Dutch league's leading scorer opts for Nigeria BBC News
- How does Nigeria's economy and politics affect its startups? Quartz Africa
- Pirates Hijack Fully Loaded Supertanker Off Nigeria, Kidnapping 19 Crew Insurance Journal
- Nigeria files fraud claims in bid to overturn $9bn P&ID award Irish Times
- Nigeria Seeks $3 Billion From World Bank to Tackle Power Crisis Bloomberg
- Shell Wins Oil Spill Court Case Against Nigeria OilPrice.com
- Distorted narratives about Islamic schools deflect ugly truths about Nigerian society The Conversation Africa
- Nigeria on the brink: only one solution – socialist revolution In Defence of Marxism
- Menendez Condemns Re-arrest of NJ Journalist in Nigeria InsiderNJ
- Nigeria to Allow More Payment Providers to Boost Banking Access Bloomberg
- Islamic centers and churches in Nigeria hold thousands of mental health patients in chains, rights group says CNN
- Dutch Company to Light a Million Nigerian Homes With Solar Bloomberg
- Nigeria launches first sex offender register The Guardian
- How Nigeria got so good at winning Scrabble Quartz Africa
- Sahara Reporters Sowore face of Nigeria's shrinking press freedom Quartz Africa
- Anthony Joshua honoured Nigerian legend Fela Kuti as he walked into the boxing ring in Saudi The National
- Fears over crackdown on free speech as Nigeria refuses to release prominent journalist CNN
- Bronze cockerel to be returned to Nigeria by Cambridge college The Guardian
- New Nigeria fake news law raises censorship fears The Washington Post
- Diaspora Nigerians Protest At World Bank; Petition FBI Over Bribery Allegations SaharaReporters.com
- 'No reason' for forcing Nigerian man to leave wife, infant daughter in Canada: lawyer CBC.ca
- Forced Displacement (December 2019) ReliefWeb
- Kehinde Lijadu, 71, Outspoken Nigerian Songwriter, Is Dead The New York Times
- ‘Climate of fear’: Nigeria intensifies crackdown on journalists The Guardian
- Court Date For N.J. Man Held In Nigeria CBS New York
- Amaju Pinnick wants England U21 star Ebere Eze to 'improve' Nigeria BBC News
- Croatia 'wrongly deports' Nigerian table tennis players to Bosnia Al Jazeera English
- Nigeria’s Innoson: making cars or selling a feeling? The Africa Report
- Nigeria: Sowore, Bakare and Jalingo declared Prisoners of Conscience Amnesty International
- What’s in store for Nigeria as Buhari launches interventionist second term? Financial Times
- Chevron is trying to sell two Nigerian businesses Aljazeera.com
- Market analysts assess Nigeria’s oil and non-oil economic prospects Financial Times
- Nigerians Should Say No to Social Media Bill Human Rights Watch
- Nigeria’s Interswitch confirms $1B valuation after Visa investment TechCrunch
- Boko Haram's 10-year reign in Nigeria has been devastating Quartz Africa
- Bishop Kukah: Nigerians must resist totalitarian Social Media Bill Vatican News
- Nigerian Starbucks’ copycat launches Happy Coffee Financial Times
- Hong Kong-flagged oil tanker attacked by pirates off Nigeria, 19 kidnapped South China Morning Post
- Reinhard Bonnke: Evangelist who drew millions in Africa dies at 79 BBC News
- FG to introduce new visa regime to boost economy The Punch
- 18 Indians on board Hong-Kong vessel kidnapped off Nigerian coast India Today
- A border patrol force is unlikely to solve Nigeria's smuggling problem The Conversation US
- Lion removed from house opposite school in Lagos, Nigeria BBC News
- Nigeria retains 95,000 slots for pilgrims in 2020 hajj – NAHCON Pulse Nigeria
- Nigerian Manufacturing Wins Big From Central Bank’s Credit Push Bloomberg
- Nigeria's Progress Slow in Fight Against Gender-Based Violence VOA News
- Nigeria: Despite Court Order, Activist Still Held Human Rights Watch
- Transforming A 91-year-Old Colonial Hotel In Northern Nigeria Forbes Africa
- PalmPay launches in Nigeria on $40M round led by China’s Transsion TechCrunch
- Imam Zakzaky: How Nigerian cleric became a pawn in Gulf power struggle Middle East Eye
- Pirates kidnap 19 seafarers from VLCC Nave Constellation off Nigeria Seatrade Maritime News
- Nigeria's Oscar Disqualification Sparks Push for Films in Native Languages VOA News
- OPEC+ Cuts Are Good For Nigeria, Minister Sylva Says Bloomberg
- Bonnke will be missed by Nigerians, PFN says The Punch
- Abuse and torture of mental health patients ‘rife’ across Nigeria, says report The Guardian
- Nigeria's Risky New Oil Revenue Plan Stratfor Worldview
- The Nigerian Activist Whose Death Shamed Shell Jacobin magazine
- Nigeria's ex-attorney general arrested in Dubai over oil deal Aljazeera.com
- Nigeria's Leon Balogun says fight against racism is a collective responsibility BBC News
- Dara Oladosu, Nigerian software developer gets a job offer from Twitter CNN
- Omoyele Sowore: Anger over detention of Nigerian journalist BBC News
- Nigerian club FC Ifeanyi Ubah's bus attacked by armed robbers BBC News
- Meet The Dozie Brothers: Two Nigerians Building A Better Bank For Africa Forbes
- Internet fraud: Nigerian scammer 'pulls off $1m heist' from prison BBC News
- Nigeria: Allen Onyema, CEO of Air Peace, chased by US justice The Africa Report
- Exorcising 'ghost workers' saves Nigerian state millions of dollars The Business Times
- Abu Azeez, Nigeria’s orchestrator FIFA.com
- Nigerian entrepreneur Temie Giwa-Tubosun wins Jack Ma's African business hero award CNN
- Nigeria's 1st Oscar Entry 'Lionheart' Is Disqualified NPR
- Is counter-terrorism killing humanitarian action in Nigeria? | MSF Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) International
- Sowore: Nigeria cannot afford to watch the making of another insurgency – Presidency Sowore called for a revolution to overthrow the democratically elected government of Nigeria. He did so on television, and ...
- Too many sins, responsible for Nigeria’s woes – Ayodele The country is good, the only thing that is bad in Nigeria is the crop of leaders we have today. Many are saying Nigeria will ...
- Nigeria joins 12 others to assess numeracy Nigeria and 12 other countries in the global south completed a numeracy assessment last weekend to determine how well ...
- Stakeholders canvass connectivity of transportation systems A representative of the Executive Secretary, Nigeria Shippers’ Council, Mr. Nanle Nanbol in his paper titled “Inland ...
- Northern youths have commenced unification of Nigeria, says President, veteran journalists THE youths in the northern part of Nigeria operating under the umbrella of Arewa Youth Council have commenced the process of ...
- 2023: Adopt Falae/Obasanjo model, VON DG appeals to APC, PDP A chieftain of the All Prrpgessives Congress (APC) and Director General, Voice of Nigeria (VON), Osita Okechukwu, on Sunday, ...
- Nigeria church leaders mourn Bonnke Bonnke, the founder of Christ For All Nations (CFAN) organised many mass crusades across major cities in Nigeria for over 30 ...
- Concern rises over Nigeria’s cyber space The data of many Nigerians entrusted with organisations and individuals are daily compromised. This has increased worries ...
- Bonnke: His death is a loss to Nigeria, the who of Africa — Buhari President Muhammadu Buhari has described the death of world renowned evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke, as a particular loss for ...
- Obaseki tasks intending Christian pilgrims on building a new Nigeria The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has tasked intending Christian pilgrims in the state to allow their experience ...
- The dwindling foreign investment in Nigeria THERE is anxiety of the dwindling foreign direct investment in Nigeria going by the recent statistics by the Nigeria Bureau ...
- Aribo: Why I chose Nigeria over England GLASGOW Rangers midfielder Joe Aribo has revealed why he decided to play for Nigeria’s Super Eagles. The 23-year-old player ...
- U.S. Expresses 'Deep Concern' About Sowore's Arrest [Premium Times] The U.S. government has said it is 'deeply concerned' by the rearrest of Omoyele Sowore by the State Security Service (SSS).
- DSS Says Sowore's Rearrest Video Mischief, Propaganda [Daily Trust] The Department of State Services (DSS) says circulation of a video on attempt to rearrest Omoyele Sowore, the convener of the RevolutionNow protest in a courtroom, was a mischief.
- Distorted Narratives About Islamic Schools Deflect Ugly Truths About Nigerian Society [The Conversation Africa] Recent reports about the mistreatment of children in Nigeria included news reports of "torture houses" at Islamic schools in a number of states. The catchy news headlines came close to invoking mass hysteria by linking events at the schools to kidnapping, child begging, Boko Haram and Nigeria's reported 10 million "out of school" children.
- Boko Haram - ICC May Open War Crime Investigations in Nigeria Next Year [Premium Times] The International Criminal Court (ICC) may open investigations into alleged rights abuses in the decade-long Boko Haram insurgency in northeast Nigeria, Netsanet Belay, Amnesty International's Research and Advocacy Director, has said.
- #weekfortruth - Dubawa Raises Nationwide Awareness On Fact-Checking [Premium Times] Nigeria's foremost fact-checking platform, Dubawa, has embarked on a weeklong event aimed at educating Nigerians on combating disinformation and stopping the spread of false information through fact-checking.
- The Import of Air Peace On Nigeria's Aviation Sector [This Day] Sopuru Uwadiegwu
- How to Stop Killing of State Agents [This Day] Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, last week read riot act to the people of the state, who were quick to attacking and killing agents of the State on grounds not tenable in the estimation of right thinking people. This, of course, followed the killing of an official of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Mr. Ola Oyeshina Ganiu by two suspects, Akere and Ogungbe.
- Melaye Versus Adeyemi - Battle Shifts to Court [This Day] The Kogi West senatorial election might have been won and lost, but the next phase of the battle has shifted to the courtroom, where Senators Dino Melaye and Smart Adeyemi have to seek authentication or otherwise of their mandate, Ibrahim Oyewale reports
- EFCC Probes NPC Directors for Alleged 280m Contract Scam [This Day] Adedayo Akinwale ín Abuja
- Citing Violence, PDP Rejects Ekiti Council Poll [This Day] The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) SAaturday rejected the outcome of local government election in Ekiti State, noting that the election was riddled with electoral malpractice and violence in different parts of the state.
- Adeduntan - Promoting Ethics Key to Sustainability of Institutions [This Day] The Chief Executive Officer, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan has said promoting ethics is critical not just to the reputation of the bank, but also the sustainability of financial institutions in the country.
- How SSS Deceived Court, Rearrested Sowore [Premium Times] On Thursday, a federal judge ordered the State Security Service to release Omoyele Sowore, the Sahara Reporters publisher, and Olawale Bakare, his co-accused, within 24 hours.
- Court Invasion - Human Rights Commission Demands Prosecution SSS Officials [Premium Times] The National Human Rights Commission has called for the arrest and prosecution of all the security officials who invaded the Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday to rearrest Omoyele Sowore and his co-accused, Olawale Bakare.
- Sowore - Security Agents Who Stormed Abuja Court Must Be Arrested, Tried - Human Rights Commission [Daily Trust] The Executive Secretary, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Barr. Tony Ojukwu, has called for the arrest of law enforcement officers who forcefully went into the courtroom to re-arrest the Publisher of SaharaReporters and human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore.
- How Ex-Zamfara Governor Yari Paid Self, Deputy N525 Million Two Days to Handover [Premium Times] When a former governor of Zamfara State, Abdulaziz Yari, wrote his successor, requesting for a N10 million monthly upkeep, in addition to his monthly pension as former governor, it generated a furore.
- Price of Bonny Light Leaps to $65.47 Per Barrel [Vanguard] ... As OPEC cuts output by 500, 000 bpd
- Tiwa Savage, Cardi B, Others Share Same Stage Tonight in Lagos [Vanguard] After weeks of excitement and anxiety it all goes down tonight at the first edition of the Livespot X Festival where American female rapper and Grammy awards-winning star, Cardi B will be the headliner alongside Nigeria's finest superstar singers. Perhaps, the biggest imagination running wild has been the prospect of having Nigeria's hottest, sexiest, female showstopper, Tiwa Savage and the American ex stripper strutt their stuff on the same stage.
- Sowore - Rein in DSS, Soyinka Tells Buhari [Daily Trust] Lagos -... condemns disrespect for court order
- Court Decides Bello's Fate in Alleged Double Registration Suit, January 20 [This Day] Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, will on January 20, 2020, decide the culpability or otherwise of Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello in an alleged double registration suit.
- $900,000 Grant - Niger Govt. to Sensitise Communities On Urban Policy [Vanguard] The Niger state government says it will commence sensitisation of stakeholders in communities across the 25 local government areas as part of preparation for the development of the state urban policy.
- Burna Boy Brightens Up Star Lager's All-New Campaign [Vanguard] As part of the launch of an all-new Star, which spots a new label and an improved taste, STAR Lager has launched an exciting campaign with Burna Boy starring in its key visual.
- I Will Protest If Burna Boy Does Not Win Grammy ― Ara [Vanguard] Beautiful Araola Olumuyiwa Akape, otherwise known as Ara, no doubt, deals in a craft that singles her out in the entertainment industry. But when Celebrity Diary chatted her up on WhatsApp, last Tuesday, she could not hide her joy when the issue of Burna Boys' nomination came up.
- Atiku Wants Probe Into DSS Court Invasion [Daily Trust] Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has demanded that an independent panel of inquiry be constituted to identify and probe those who invaded a Federal High Court yesterday in Abuja, and the maltreatment meted out to Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu.
- Nigerians in Diaspora Critical to National Development - Osinbajo [Daily Trust] Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says Nigerians in the Diaspora are critical in driving national development agenda.
- Samuel Onuigbo - I'm Not a Man of Cars or Buildings, I Focus On Developing People [This Day] Nature appears to have created him for the limelight and therefore imbued him with enhanced cerebral capacity. By his mien however, one may be tempted into taking him for granted until he speaks. Samuel Ifeanyichukwu Onuigbo has held several positions, including the Commissioner for Lands and Survey and later, Finance in Abia State. This two-time House of Representatives member spoke with Charles Ajunwa and Ahamefula Ogbu about his life, values and journey from being a village boy to playing the big league
- The Young Nigerian Artist That Rapt President Trump [This Day] SUPERSATURDAY STORY
- Politics in the National Assembly [This Day] Saturday comment2
- Bank Manager Bags 30 Months Jail Term for Issuing Loans Without Authorisation [This Day] Ernest Chinwo in Port Harcourt
- Abdulganiyu Olododo - National Assembly Not Appendage of the Executive [This Day] A member of the House of Representatives representing Ilorin East/Ilorin South Federal Constituency of Kwara State, Abdulganiyu Cook Olododo recently spoke with Hammed Shittu in Ilorin on a number of national and state political issues. Excerpts
- Cops, Civil Defence Personnel Held Over Bayelsa Missing N3.5m [This Day] Emmanuel Addeh in Yenagoa
- Rickety trucks will soon be history – Lagos waste managers
- Cattle herder arrested for killing farmer in Ogun
- FG closes Mile 2 – Apapa road for repairs, appeals for understanding
- Missing cash: Arrested NSCDC officials resume duty at Bayelsa Govt. House
- Gov. Obaseki signs 2020 Appropriation Bill of N179.2 billion
- Police declare three teenage girls missing in Akwa Ibom
- Ekiti LG Polls: One shot, as violence mars election
- Lekki residents protest against location of 5-storey school building in residential estate
- IPOB claims responsibility for attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Rice farmers union recovers N35 million FG loan in Niger
- UniJos graduates 11,431 students, 74 first-class, 97 PhDs
- Police arrest farmer for allegedly killing cattle herder
- Boko Haram: ICC may open war crime investigations in Nigeria next year
- Yobe: Gov Buni shocks returning commissioners as he allocates portfolios
- Yobe gov inaugurates 20 commissioners, special advisers
- How ex-Zamfara governor Yari paid self, deputy N525 million two days to handover
- Motorcyclist killed in Jigawa for causing cow’s injury
- Robbers’ new strategy to rob bank customers – Police
- 54% of NHIS 2019 approved budget released so far – Official
- NCDC confirms UK patient diagnosed with monkeypox ‘visited Nigeria’
- Polio Eradication: Nigeria hopeful as certification process begins
- Despite international interventions, child malnutrition still high in Borno
- INVESTIGATION: Why Lagos govt’s N5.6bn cardio-renal centre remains grounded, in terrible state
- INVESTIGATION: Inside Nigeria’s haven of fake medical reports, corrupt health officials
- NIPSS graduates executives who produced report on Nigeria’s Universal Health Coverage (LIVE UPDATES)
- 10 things you should know about the new Sony Alpha 9 II On Thursday, 5 December 2019, Sony launched the Alpha 9 II – a full-frame interchangeable lens camera that has been created specifically to support working professionals in the fields of sports photography and photojournalism – in South Africa. Building upon the legacy of Alpha 9, the new Alpha 9 II maintains ground-breaking speed performance...
- uKheshe achieves 300 000 users milestone in South Africa A year since launching, uKheshe, South African based microtransaction platform, announced this week that it has over 300 000 users to date – the company has now set its sights on a growing base of users and a diversified product offering covering cash...
- VIVO mobile makes its mark on South Africa VIVO mobile announced on Friday, 6 December 2019, that it will be launching premium devices at an accessible price point in South Africa. The global tech company, which already has an international footprint of over three hundred million users, will be making...
- Can you really trust your data? The ability to analyse data and derive insight from it is undeniably essential for any business today. However, when data is moved through various systems and manipulated in order to provide meaningful reports, there is also the potential for doubt to creep...
- Uber launches in Ivory Coast Uber announced on Friday, 6 December 2019, that it has successfully launched in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, to complement the existing transport infrastructure. “I’m excited to be launching Uber in Abidjan, especially with the support from government...
- Cell C and Explore Data Science Academy to upskill Data Scientists South African network provider, Cell C announced on Thursday, 5 December 2019, that it would launch ‘Cell C Data Scientists’ in partnership with Explore Data Science Academy. The partnership aims to provide funding and skills development to 24...
- Motorola launches its new One Hyper smartphone Earlier this week, Motorola launched its latest mid-range smartphone – the One Hyper. The LTE and WiFi capable device is set to run on the newest version of Google’s OS – Android 10 – and is currently only available in the US. The One...
- What a cyber car should look like: Tackling 2 major risks Tesla recently demonstrated its new electric pickup vehicle, dubbed “Cybertruck”, which has polarised public opinion. Some have stated it looks like a vehicle from a child’s sketch come to life, while others consider it to be a vision of the future....
- New Vox partnership links Africa with the Americas Integrated ICT and infrastructure provider, Vox announced that it is partnering with Angola Cables. This will see Vox gain remote peering access to the undersea South Atlantic Cable System (SACS) that links Africa with the Americas. “Vox currently makes use...
- Digital Retail Forum returns to Johannesburg in January 2020 The 2nd annual Digital Retail Forum is set to take place on the 29th of January 2020, at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg. The forum is hosted by IT News Africa, under the theme; Digital Disruption in Retail: Apocalypse or Revolution. Following a successful...
- 7 things telemedicine makes possible 43% of South Africa’s population lives in rural regions, with just one physician responsible for 7 700 people, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO). With limited options, telemedicine has the potential to make healthcare far more accessible, as...
- Google founders step down Google cofounders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin have announced that they’re resigning from their day-to-day management roles at Alphabet. The pair will be succeeded by Sundar Pichai, the current CEO of Google, who will now have “oversight of the...
- 4 exciting ways IoT impacts automobiles The technological wave of the Internet of Things (IoT) is sweeping across all industries. This technology is enabling tech devices to collect, interpret, and share data with one another without the help or interference of humans. It independently studies our...
- uKheshe and Mastercard partner to bring mobile payments to the unbanked uKheshe, a locally developed financial inclusion platform, announced on Tuesday that it has further enhanced its offering to the unbanked by collaborating with Mastercard. The partnership aims to enable informal traders, street vendors and casual labourers to...
- Makro is now available on WhatsApp Retail giant, Makro announced on Wednesday, 4 December 2019, that shoppers at its 22 South African outlets and online store can now experience instant customer care and service by connecting with them directly via WhatsApp. Some of the features available in...
- Providing practical, scaleable solutions to South Africa’s technological skills deficit We are well into the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), as evidenced by the digitisation of information and automation of most business functions. However, South Africa runs the risk of lagging behind on this, with one of the reasons being our...
- Wike releases N500m grant to boost varsity transformation
TONY JOHN, Port Harcourt Rivers State Governor has directed the immediate release of N500 million grant to the Ignatius Ajuru
- Omo-Agege’s aide alleges attack by assassins
The aide to the Deputy Senate President, Ovie Omo-Agege, on youth affairs, Mr. Efe Ugbarugba has narrated how he was
- Three held for stabbing 27 years old to death in Ogun
Laide Raheem, Abeokuta Police in Ogun State have arrested three persons for the alleged murder of a 27-year-old man, Azeez Salami.
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
Operatives of Iba Police Station have arrested a 19-year-old boy, Orji Ifeanyichukwu for allegedly setting his 24-year-old girlfriend, Alabi Tolani
- Unemployment: OAU introduces entrepreneurial skills for students
Clement Adeyi, Osogbo As a part of efforts to proffer solutions to the unemployment challenges faced by the teeming number
- Lagos residents raise N1.4bn to tackle insecurity
Christopher Oji The Lagos State Security Trust Fund(LSSTF) has received N1.4 billon to tackle security issues in the State .The money
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
The Presidency has dismissed insinuations in the media about the re-arrest by the Department of State Services (DSS) of Omoyele
- Buhari thanks Anthony Joshua for bringing joy to Nigeria
Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja President Muhammadu Buhari has thanked World Heavyweight Boxing Champion, Anthony Joshua, who regained his belts Saturday night
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo will on Sunday depart for the city of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates(UAE). Osinbajo’s
- Katsina state govt. spends N208m on payment of WAEC fees — Commissioner
The Katsina State Government has spent over N208 million on the payment of WAEC examination fees for 21,589 candidates in
- Couple nabbed for insurance fraud
- Gov. Abiodun, others bag sme national business awards
The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun and 12 others have been honoured with excellence awards at the
- Lagos ready to enforce compliance on illegal developments in Festac
Maduka Nweke, [email protected] The Lagos State Government has frowned at the alarming rate of illegal construction of structures on Federal Government
- Estate focus: Efab Estate, Abuja
Efab Estate is located in Lokogoma Abuja. However, it has spread to other parts of the Nation’s capital. Lokogoma (or
- Urbanisation increasing real estate investment in Nigeria –Sanwo-Olu
Maduka Nweke The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said that investments in the real estate in the country have
- AuGF: FIRS fails to remit N23bn tax refund
Uche Usim, Abuja The 2017 audit report of the Auditor-General of the Federation (AuGF) has revealed that the there was
- Day God of destiny visited Glo subscribers in Onitsha
The recourse to western civilisation notwithstanding, the African space is largely governed by myths, superstitions and the inimitable powers of
- Lagos family reclaims property occupied by Olam, others
Damiete Braide A portion of land in Abebe Village, Surulere Local Government, Lagos State, housing Olam Nigeria Limited, Nigerian Ropes
- Pertinence takes marketers on all-expense-paid trip to Dubai
Pertinence Limited recently sponsored 47 members of its marketing team on all-expense-paid vacation to Dubai in the UAE. According to
- NIMASA to fast-track maritime security architecture
Steve Agbota In the wake of the recent attack on a tanker vessel named, the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety
- Chivita 100% wins Brand of the Year at the Global Quality Excellence Award
As part of this year’s World Quality Day celebrations, leading fruit juice brand, Chivita 100%, emerged as the Brand of
- World’s largest plane makes first flight in US
- Nigeria’s debt profile alarming – ADP chair
Okwe Obi, Abuja The National Chairman of the Action Democratic Party (ADP), Yagbaji Sani, has raised the alarm over
- 2023: Okowa offers campaign tips to would-be successor
Ahead of the 2023 general elections, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State has advised political gladiators who wish to succeed
- The twists, turns of life pension for ex-governors
Omoniyi Salaudeen, Laide Raheem, Ogun, Jeo Effiong, Akwa Ibom, Paul Osuyi, Delta, George Onyejiuwa, Imo
- I don’t see Ihedioha’s opponents achieving anything at supreme court – Mike Ahamba
Last time you said that you have regretted supporting the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari given the fact that he
- Rotational presidency is undemocratic – Dansudu, National President, Arewa United Consultative Forum
Olakunle Olafioye Amid allegations that the 9th National Assembly is fast becoming a rubber stamp to the executive arm of
- Nigerians are architect of their misfortune – Hon Eseme Eyiboh
Daniel Kanu Hon. Eseme Eyiboh, quintessential former House of Representatives Spokesperson is not one that holds back his views no
- 2023: We ‘ve learnt our lessons with Buhari – Sheikh Gumi
Sola Ojo, Kaduna Fearless and one of the few outspoken Islamic scholars in the country, who is from the North,
- Stop disturbing IPOB – Archbishop Chukwuma
Jude Chinedu, Enugu Archbishop of Enugu Ecclesiastical Province of the Anglican Communion and Bishop of Enugu, Most Rev. Dr Emmanuel
- Those calling for signing of amended electoral reform bill into law are mischievous – Hon. Ganiyu Johnson
Peter Anosike The House of Representatives member, representing Oshodi Federal Constituency 2, Hon. Ganiyu Abiodun Johnson has thrown his weight
- Survivalists fueling Oshiomhole, Obaseki’s feud – Ize-Iyamu
Tony Osauzo and Ighomuaye lucky, Benin Despite the crisis in the Edo State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC),
- Probe $15.9bn NLNG equity, NEITI tells Reps
- Don Jazzy honoured with award
Mavin Record honcho, Don Jazzy was recently honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award courtesy, The Beats Awards for his contribution
- Joke Silva, Eddie Ugbomah, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
Late Nigerian movie legend Eddie Ugbomah and other practicing professionals, including veteran actress Joke Silva, have been honoured with the
- How to be a great artiste by Toks Young
For the record, I don't claim to know everything or know it all but I am writing from
- Celebrity shoemaker Florence Bodex hosts social media hangout
In a contributory move to ongoing discussions on cyberspace practices in Nigeria, players in the social media ecosystem have advocated
- Designer Kiki Okewale makes history in Bangkok
For Kiki Okewale, one of Nigeria’s Queen of Blings, her understanding of luxury and unique representation of royalty with elegant
- Prince Olu Kosoko’s desires for Badagry
The ancient city of Badagry in Lagos is rich but unfortunately, Nigerians are yet to fully enjoy the richness it
- Auto mogul, Tayo Ayeni celebrates wife, Tutu’s golden age with lavish shindig
If Tayo Ayeni, business mogul owner of Skymit Motors, were to write a book on his success story, one name
- Family remembers late Chief Justice Taslim Elias
There are better and indelible ways of immortalizing one’s patriarch that will constantly remind people of the departed and his
- Cherry Faith album for launch
Pop Christian song, I will follow You by Cherry Faith is set for launch. The release is scheduled for December
- Ex-Senate President Bukola Saraki’s rollercoaster moment
For the troubled former Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, the fading lights of his political life seem to be coming
- December 8, States’ Unsustainable Addiction to FAAC Handout
- December 8, Attack on Bala-Usman over $133.24m SAA Fees Cancellation
- December 8, Aiteo: Benedict Peters’ Two Decades of Pushing the Boundaries
- December 8, Bvlgari Dubai Partners Emirates to Entice Nigerian Travellers
- December 8, Radisson Blu Ikeja Reveals Festive Season Activities
- December 8, Attack on Bala-Usman over $133.24m SAA Fees Cancellation
- December 8, Aiteo: Benedict Peters’ Two Decades of Pushing the Boundaries
- December 8, Bvlgari Dubai Partners Emirates to Entice Nigerian Travellers
- December 8, Radisson Blu Ikeja Reveals Festive Season Activities
- December 8, SHAI WEISS: Virgin Atlantic was Built on the Value of Disruption
- December 8, Branson to Retain Control of Virgin Atlantic
- December 7, Emirates to Boost Airline Operations
- December 7, Joint Revolutionary Council Dissasociates Self from MEND over Onyema
- December 7, New Jaguar F-TYPE Drives into Showrooms
- December 7, PlusTV Africa’s New Show
- December 7, Lexus Accelerates Sales Gains
- December 7, Bosch to Create More Jobs
- December 7, CFAO Embarks on HIV/AIDS Awareness Campaign
- December 7, Mercedes-Benz Makes First Time Delivery of 200,000 Vehicles
- December 7, Quickraiz Bags Best Fundraising Management Award
- December 7, ACFE Harps on Collective Efforts to Fight Fraud
- December 7, Lacasera Tasks Artisans on Innovation
- December 7, MR Bigg’s Bags ‘Restaurant of the Year’ Award By
- December 6, Hybrid, Safety, Style Headline All-New Corolla Sedan
- December 6, Sanwo-Olu Unveils N250m Seed Capital for Tech Start-Ups in Lagos
- December 6, Umar Now CBN Director of Currency Operations
- December 6, FCMB Seeks Enhanced Synergy to Combat Financial Crimes