- Bar Populated by 'Rogues, Vultures' - Crimes Commission [Premium Times] The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has rejected a proposal by the president of the Nigerian Bar Association, Abubakar Mahmoud, for the agency to be stripped of its prosecutorial powers, saying the call is "self-serving" and aimed at creating "a cabal of untouchables".
- The Military's Fatally Wounded Grammar [Daily Trust] My email and Facebook inboxes have been inundated with questions about what the Nigerian military truly meant when it said it had"fatally wounded" Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau. Did the military mean it killed him? Or did it mean it severely injured him? And when the military "declared" people "wanted" who were not on the run, what precisely did it mean?
- Kerry Has Spoken, but Is Anyone Listening? [This Day] Tobi Soniyi, in Abuja, writes on US Secretary of State, John Kerry's visit and his message to Nigerian leaders
- Buhari Willing to Swap Detained Boko Haram Members for Chibok Girls [Premium Times] Faced with intense criticism of his government's inability to free scores of teenage girls held captive by the Boko Haram, President Muhammadu Buhari has restated his government's willingness to negotiate with the terrorists to free the girls.
- Full List of Approved Ports Authority, Safety Agency Boards [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of the Governing Boards of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) and the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).
- Ipob - Nnamdi Kanu, Tripob Betrayed Biafran Struggle - Re-Ipob [Vanguard] Newly formed pro Biafra group; Reformed Indigenous People of Biafra, RE-IPOB, has said it sacked the detained director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, including its splinter group, the Rebranded Indigenous People of Biafra, TRIPOB because they betrayed the Biafran struggle through collection of money from local and foreign sponsors.
- Ambode Gives Contractors December Deadline On Project [Vanguard] Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode at the weekend carried out extensive inspection of on-going projects across the State, among which is the multi-faceted expansion projects at the ever busy Berger Bus Stop.
- Fish Farmers, Livestock Owners Asked Move Out of Flood Plain Areas [Vanguard] THE Veterinary Council of Nigeria, VCN, has told fish farmers and livestock owners to immediately relocate to safer areas.
- Buhari Says Boko Haram Leader, Shekau 'Wounded' [Vanguard] Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari said Sunday that Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau is "wounded", in his first comments on military claims that the jihadi leader was injured in an attack.
- 'No Christian Was Killed in Zamfara' [Vanguard] The Northern Chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Northern CAN, said on Saturday that none of its members were among the eight persons widely reported to have been killed in a home in Talata Maraf, Zamfara by a Muslim mob after an alleged blasphemy of the Mohammed, the Prophet of Islam, penultimate week.
- Kashamu Group Threatens Showdown With Ogsiec, Two Others Over Exclusion [Vanguard] The faction of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ogun state loyal to the Senator representing Ogun East Senatorial District, Senator Buruji Kashamu has filed criminal contempt proceedings against the State Independent Electoral Commission (OGSIEC) and two others for not to accept the list of its chairmanship and councillorship candidates.
- Illegal Structures, Street Hawkers Given 14 Day Ultimatum [Vanguard] The Lagos State Government on Sunday read the riot act to all the owners of illegal structures, shanties, street hawkers and those who have converted walkways into trading points and food courts in Ikoyi, Victoria Island and the Lagoon Front of Lekki, just as it issued a 14-day grace period to remove such illegal structures.
- Indonesia, Nigeria Trade Volume Falls 56 Percent [Premium Times] The Indonesian Ambassador to Nigeria, Harry Purwanto, said the volume of trade between Nigeria and his country reduced to 1.75 billion dollars in 2015 from four billion dollars in 2014.
- We're Ready for Talks With Boko Haram On Chibok Girls - President [This Day] President Muhammadu Buhari has reiterated the preparedness of the Federal Government to discuss the release of the Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram terror group since 2014.
- Concerns Mount Over Missing Businessman [This Day] For the family of Mojeed Kola Animashaun, the last one month has been traumatic. This has to do with their endless search for 54-year-old Mojeed Kola Animashaun who went missing on Sunday July 31, 2016. Mojeed, a businessman, relocated from the United Kingdom to Nigeria two years ago.
- Accountants Move to Stem Endemic Corruption [This Day] Determined to tackle problems of endemic corruption head-on through financial literacy, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the global body of professional accountants have enlisted over 600 accounting students from across the ten polytechnics in South-West Nigeria in a catch-them-young effort aimed at supporting President Muhammadu Buhari's administration on an anti-corruption crusade and by extension prepare them for future needs of the nation currently in short supply of qualified
- We Haven't Nominated Soyinka to Head Our Dialogue - Avengers [This Day] Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) weekend said it has not nominated any personality, including Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, to lead its dialogue team with the Federal Government.
- Lagos Rocks Nothinghill Carnival [Vanguard] The sound and sight of Lagos will on Monday dominate the popular Nothinghill Carnival in London as the #LoveLagosWeekend campaign enters Day three.
- Troops Establish School for The Internally Displaced in Borno [Premium Times] The Nigerian military says its troops in the 21 Brigade, 7 Division have a established a temporary school for children at the Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp in Bama town, Bama Local Government Area, Borno State.
- Tiff 2016 - Eight Nollywood Films Make the Cut [This Day] Eight Nollywood feature films have been picked to showcase Lagos at the 41st Toronto International Film Festival (September 8-18, 2016) in the eighth edition of the City to City programme. The spotlight at this year's edition of TIFF is on Lagos. 'City to City showcases filmmakers living and working in a selected city, regardless of where their films are set.'
- Rainfall - Lagos Allays Fears of Residents, Appeals for Calm [Vanguard] The Lagos State Government has allayed the fears of residents over the torrential rainfall witnessed in the State on Sunday, saying that necessary steps had been taken to avert any incidence of flood disaster in the State.
- Cardinal Onaiyekan Condemns Violent Reactions to Religious Extremism [Premium Times] The Catholic Bishop of Abuja Arch Diocese, John Onaiyekan, has condemned violent reactions to religious extremism.
- Chesney Hotel Unveils Reduced Buffet Prices [This Day] Last week, the Chesney Hotel in Victoria Island announced a 25 per cent reduction in prices of its multiple-course buffet meals by treating in-house and walk-in guests to a special food tasting session. The boutique hotel on Saka Tinubu Street is renowned for a wide range of tasty meals that cut across Nigerian, continental and Chinese cuisine.
- PDP National Chairmanship Not Zoned to South-West - Dokpesi [Vanguard] Chief Raymond Dokpesi, a national chairmanship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said the party zoned the position to the South, not South-West.
- Nigeria Will Be Among Top 100 Countries of Doing Profitable Business By 2019 - Buhari [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday in Nairobi, Kenya, assured that Nigeria would be one of the most attractive and easiest places of doing business in the world by 2019.
- We Will Vote More Resources for Agriculture in 2017 - Buhari [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari says the Federal Government will sustain concrete measures to diversify the economy by devoting more resources to agriculture in the 2017 budget. The president made this known in a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday by his Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu.
- Niger Republic Shipping Companies to Return to Nigerian Ports, Says Envoy [Premium Times] Shipping companies in Niger Republic are to return to Nigerian ports in October for cargo clearance, 10 years after they pulled out of Nigeria.
- How to Pad the Nigerian Budget and Become a Billionaire (Part 2) [Premium Times] PREMIUM TIMES has uncovered another budget padding scheme Nigerian lawmakers and cohorts in businesses and the executive arm of the government have deployed to steal billions of public funds through annual budgets.
- Olu of Warri Urges Support for Military Operation in Niger Delta [Vanguard] The Olu of Warri, His Royal Majesty, Godfery Ikenwoli has urged Nigerians particularly indigenes of the Niger Delta to support the efforts of the military to stem the tide of criminality in the region. The paramount ruler of Warri kingdom made the call on Saturday when received the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, on a courtesy visit at his palace in Warri.
- Boko Haram - Despite Chibok Girls, Nigerian Soldiers Deserve Commendation - Spokesperson [Premium Times] The Nigerian military has said despite its inability to free the Chibok girls, troops fighting Boko Haram terrorists deserve commendation and encouragement, having recorded major gains including "daily rescue of human beings."
- Caroline Danjuma Flaunts Sensational Curve At Friend’s Wedding
- Nollywood Actress Eve Esin Produces First Movie… See Location Photos
- In Pictures: Orisabunmi, Ojopagogo, Rose Odika Storm Bodija Ibadan For Birthday Party
- Mercy Johnson & Husband Prince Odi Okojie Mark 5th Wedding Anniversary With Romantic Vacation Photos
- Fans Say Mercy Aigbe Looks Like Vampire In New Makeover Photos
- Sanyeri: I Can Never Marry 2 Wives…My Wife Suffered With Me, I Can’t Let Her Down
- Chioma Okoye, Nollywood Actress Attacked For Crashing Friend’s Marriage Offered N3Million
- Funke Akindele’s Real Age Is 44: Producer Says Age Reduction Now A Trend In Nollywood
- How Poverty & Father’ Death Forced Omotola Jalade Into Early Marriage
- Ramsey Nouah: The Homeless Boy Who Turned Into Nollywood Superstar
- Mercy Johnson:I Gave Birth To 3 Kids In 3 Years For The Sexiest Man Alive, Expecting 4th Child Soon
- Photos: Bimbo Oshin & Toyosi Adesanya Storm Ikun Akoko In Ondo For Dele Ologbese & Wife Coronation
- Just Like Genevieve Nnaji, Ebube Nwagbo Is Also Afraid Of Divorce After Marriage
- Ghanaian Man Who Slept Inside Graves For 30 Years To Get Spiritual Power Laments
- How Cocaine Drug Addiction Killed Stella Oduah’s Son In Abuja – Insider Speaks
- Nigerian Grandmother,Trader Arrested With Heroin Drug In Lagos Confesses “I’m Not A Criminal”
- Nicki Minaj’s Brother, Jelani Maraj Faces 15 Years To Life In Prison Over Rape, Child Sex Abuse
- Photos: Pregnant Nigerian Woman Attacked During Labour In London
- We Were Planning To Kidnap Femi Otedola When Police Arrest Us – Kidnappers
- Photos & Video: Girl Pulled Out Of Rubble Alive 17 Hours After Italy’s Earthquake
- Wicked Housewife Who Killed 4-Day-Old Baby In Kano Faces Death Sentence As Sharia Court Remands Her
- Photo: Dog Buhari Owner Released On Bail, Offers No Apology For Action
- Photos: Yahoo Boys, Internet Fraudsters Arrested In Warri Delta State After Rituals In Oyo State
- Photos: Woman Caged Late Sister’ Daughter For 5 Months In Akure Ondo Over Witchcraft Allegations
- Single Father, Mechanic Arrested For Beating Daughter,5, With Hot Iron In Ikotun Lagos
- Customer Murders Businessman In Warri Delta State To Avoid Payment, Buries Body In Shallow Grave
- Africa could become ‘The New China’, says Frost & Sullivan Africa has been identified as the continent with the potential to become the next China. Africans have embraced mobile communication technologies faster than any other parts of the world and the continent is being recognised as the next potential enabler of sustainable economic growth, driving innovation for the developing world. The Growth Innovation...
- Ghana: CEO of Millicom Africa sees growth opportunities in data Following her recent visit to Ghana, Cynthia Gordon, the CEO of Millicom Africa has emphasized the remarkable growth opportunities in data and Tigo’s commitment to giving customers access to superior high speed internet services. “We were the first to...
- Samsung aims to digitise classrooms in West Africa Samsung Electronics West Africa has commissioned the Samsung Smart School Project for teachers and students in Calabar. The initiative, which is an integral part of Samsung’s ‘Smart School Rollout’ scheme, is aimed at digitising classrooms on the...
- The real cost of the IT Security talent shortage Large businesses that struggle to attract sufficiently skilled IT security experts end up paying up to three times more to recover from a cybersecurity incident. This is one of the key findings of the recent report by Kaspersky Lab based on the 2016 Corporate...
- Citrix releases free version of NetScaler CPX Express Digital business transformation is driving line of business (LOB) to adopt rapid application development and deployment methodologies, such as DevOps. To stay ahead of the competition and adapt to rapidly changing customer and market demands, businesses and...
- Can lean technology benefit the African business? Businesses will not survive, if they don’t start adopting a lean mindset (start small, fail fast if you will). Economic conditions, customer needs and a lack of financial resources are forcing businesses to operate more efficiently and to engage customers...
- How the SA public sector can make the most of big data Now that the dust around the local elections has settled, the spotlight will be on the various municipalities to prove that they are worthy of the public’s votes. Enhanced service delivery will no doubt be top-of-mind for all South Africans. One of the...
- Mteto Nyati wants more focus placed on boosting women in IT South Africa’s ICT sector has made great strides in changing its gender demographics over the past decade, but more work needs to be done to support women’s progress in this sector, says MTN South Africa Chief Executive Officer Mteto Nyati. Speaking ahead...
- Are South Africans doing enough to secure their online identities? Do your shopping habits put you at risk? Are you exposing yourself – and your confidential information – to opportunistic fraudsters? These are questions that online shoppers should be asking themselves says Mark Chirnside, CEO of ThisIsMe, who...
- Veeam Unveils Game-Changing Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud Veeam Software, the innovative provider of solutions that delivers Availability for the Always-On Enterprise, today announced the next generation of Availability: Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud. According to IDC, enterprises are engaged...
- FNB launches own brand of smartphones in South Africa FNB has launched its own brand of smartphones in South Africa which, according to the company, is expected to redefine mobile banking and customer mobility. “For FNB, mobile banking is more than just having the best banking app,” says Jan Kleynhans, CEO...
- Top 5 tips to design the ultimate African digital banking experience As mobile internet connectivity grows, African youth are fast embracing the opportunity to connect, converse and transact on the web. According to the GSMA (Mobile Economy Report 2015), mobile internet penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa was expected to reach...
- Ghana: Chalkboard Education named best startup at Seedstars Accra Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes brought its Ghana round to a successful close during Seedstars Accra. The event took place this Sunday in Impact Hub Accra , where 9 selected...
- Apps are essential for true digital transformation An organisation’s applications are the glue that makes digital transformation possible. Without an optimised, next-generation application landscape, firms will find it very difficult to compete in modern digital ecosystems, or capitalise on the advantages...
- Facebook celebrates Africa’s young creatives According to social media network Facebook, it celebrated the creativity and excellence of young African creatives at The Loerie Awards for 2016. In addition to sponsoring The Loerie Student Awards for 2016, Facebook hosted a range of events aimed at young...
- 2016 Healthcare Innovation Summit: Last Chance to Register IT leaders and healthcare executives have only today and tomorrow left to register for the upcoming 2016 Healthcare Innovation Summit, which is set to take place on 24 & 25 August at the Radisson Blu Gautrain in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa...
- FAAN advises pilgrims against smuggling prohibited items to Mecca Olusegun Koiki Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, FAAN, has urged pilgrims to this year’s annual hajj exercise to Mecca, Saudi Arabia to desist from smuggling prohibited items that could...
- Parading suspects unconstitutional –Lawyers
- Umahi applauds Buhari over N600m grant
- Nigerian workers are suffering, smiling — NLC
- Police accuse oil firms of Imo killings Chris Njoku | OWERRI Imo State Police Command has blamed oil companies operating in Ohaji/Egbema local council of the state for incessant killings and maiming of innocent citizens in the are...
- Edo community drags oil company to court over land dispute Residents of Obagie Nunuamen community in Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo State have dragged an oil extracting company, Presco Plc, before a Benin high court over alleged unlawful po...
- Flood: Monarch wants Delta govt to construct road Traditional ruler of Oko in Oshimili South Local Government Area of Delta State, Obi Eze Osita, has appealed to the Delta state government to construct the 56-kilometre road that leads to th...
- PFN condemns Enugu, Zamfara, Kaduna killings Isesele Ezekiel | BENIN Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, has condemned what it termed the recent round of brutal attacks on innocent Nigerians in Kaduna, Zamfara and Enugu states PFN...
- C/River reassures permanent resettlement for Bakassi returnees Cross River State Emergency Management Agency, CRSEMA, has reassured the displaced Bakassi people currently in temporary camps within the state of a permanent resettlement. Director-General...
- Top lawyers back NLC’s call for abolition of security votes