LASG-says-law-has-reduced-abandoned-projects">November 21, 2014 by Afeez Hanafi
- Police fire tear gas in confrontation at Nigeria's parliament - Reuters
- Nigeria, Defending Champion, Fails to Make Africa Cup of Nations - New York Times
- Boko Haram kills dozens in 'despicable' Nigeria attack - BBC News
- Ban Air France from Nigeria Now! By Pius Adesanmi - SaharaReporters.com
Ban Air France from Nigeria Now! By Pius AdesanmiSaharaReporters.comTheir job, to stand right at the door of the plane, look mean and unfriendly, and scrutinize the passports of all passengers arriving from Nigeria, before such passengers proceed to face further humiliation at immigration and passport control, has ...
- China Firm Signs $12 Billion Deal To Build A Railway Along N... - Business Insider
- Nigeria must adjust to 'permanent' oil price shock-Finance Minister - Reuters
- The Economist explains - The Economist (blog)
The Economist (blog)
The Economist explainsThe Economist (blog)FOR the past five years an Islamic extremist group called Boko Haram has grown in stature and gruesomeness in Nigeria's north-east. It has expanded its membership, range of operations and the territory it controls to the point where two dozens cities ...
- At least there is a Cup of Nations for Nigeria to fail to qualify for - The Guardian (blog)
- Real reason Nigeria is broke - Daily Sun
Real reason Nigeria is brokeDaily SunCrude oil asking price per barrel in the international market is reported to have slumped far lower than the budget projection of a little over $75 USD. This, coupled with the unfortunate scenario of the United States of America not buying Nigeria's ...
- Ghana plans electricity supply to Nigeria, Ivory Coast, others - The Guardian Nigeria
- Boko Haram said to kill about 45 people in Nigeria MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — The leader of a vigilante fighter group in Nigeria says Boko Haram militants have killed about 45 people in an attack on a village.
- Soccer-Holders Nigeria fail to qualify for African Nations Cup UYO, Nigeria, Nov 19 (Reuters) - Holders Nigeria were bundled out of the African Nations Cup qualifiers after being held to a 2-2 home draw by South Africa and missing out on a top two place in Group A on Wednesday. Nigeria will not get the chance to defend their title in Equatorial Guinea next year because the result, coupled with a 1-0 win for Congo in Sudan, means they finish third. Striker ...
- Nigeria ETF Continues its Tale of Woe To this point in Thursday’s session, just one exchange traded fund has touched an all-time low. That dubious honor belongs to the Global X Nigeria Index ETF (NYSEArca: NGE) . Down nearly 2% today, NGE, ...
- Nigeria Budget-Cut Pledge Falls Short as Oil Prices Drop Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria's Finance Minister, said on Nov. 16 she will propose to lower the budgeted benchmark oil price to $73 per barrel next year from $77.5 this year.
- Nigeria crisis of 'enormous concern': UN Growing violence by Islamist extremists has forced more than 1.5 million Nigerians to flee their homes and is deepening an already dire humanitarian situation in Nigeria, the UN warned Wednesday. "Nigeria is without question of enormous concern," said Robert Piper, who coordinates the UN's humanitarian work in the Sahel region. Nigeria has in the past six months alone seen the number of people ...
- Holders Nigeria out as final Nations Cup field settled By Mark Gleeson CAPE TOWN (Reuters) - Holders Nigeria were bundled out of the African Nations Cup qualifiers on Wednesday as the final six places for the 2015 finals were decided. Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Guinea, the Ivory Coast and Mali all made certain of their spots and join the 10 countries who had already booked their places at the tournament in Equatorial Guinea ...
- Shell Nigeria denies it lied to Dutch court Shell Nigeria denies it lied to a Dutch court in The Hague about oil pollution in the Niger Delta. The multinational company, half owned by Nigeria's government and with significant Dutch shareholding, ...
- Police fire tear gas at legislators in Nigeria ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's Senate president has suspended legislative proceedings in the National Assembly until Tuesday following a lockout of members by the police.
- Nigeria cleric backs vigilantes, doubts military in Boko Haram fight One of Nigeria's most powerful Muslim leaders, the emir of Kano, has voiced support for vigilantes fighting Boko Haram, urging others to form civilian militias and questioning the competence of the military. The comments were made by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who became emir earlier this year after being sacked from his post as the central bank governor, where he was one of the government's most ...
- Nigeria facing 'serious challenges' amid oil price collapse Nigeria has made pragmatic moves to curb spending to offset falling global oil prices, analysts said, but blamed corruption for the failure to prevent a budget crisis that many saw coming.
- Chaos Shuts Down National Assembly [Premium Times]The Senate President, David Mark, has announced an immediate closure of the National Assembly after an attempt to stop the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, from the assembly, plunged the complex into chaos.
- Super Eagles Crash Out of Afcon [Premium Times]The Super Eagles disappointed millions of their fans as they blew off the chance to be at the 30th edition of the AFCON to be staged in Equatorial Guniea in early 2015 as they were only able to manage a 2-2 draw with South Africa's Bafana Bafana.
- Mark Orders National Assembly Shutdown, Summons IGP [Daily Trust]Senate President and Chairman of the National Assembly, Senator David Mark has condemned the use of teargas on Senators and members of the House of Representatives by the Police describing the action as "barbaric."
- Opposition MPs Scale National Assembly Fence During Lockout [Premium Times]Police fired teargas at the National Assembly Thursday as security operatives barred the speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, and as hundreds of the speaker’s loyalists overpowered the security agents and smuggled him into the chamber.
- Five Myths of Money You Need to Know [Premium Times]Wealth creation and generation is hardly rocket science. Rather it responds to the application of several laws and principles that will work for almost anyone, anywhere. The question now is - Why are so many people living in want, lack or penury? The reason is because money education is not taught in schools, so we have grown up believing several wrong ideas or myths about money that hold us back.
- Cabinet Commends Efforts in Repatriation Process [SAnews.gov.za]Pretoria -Cabinet has commended the tireless efforts of those involved in the process to repatriate the mortal remains of those South Africans killed when a building collapsed in Lagos, Nigeria, on 12 September.
- Jonathan Marks 57th Birthday With Family, Friends, Aides [Guardian]PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan was on Thursday morning joined by family members, friends and aides to celebrate his 57th birthday.
- Why I Broke Up With Yvonne Nelson- - Ice Prince [Vanguard]Chocolate City rapper, Penshak Zamani, popularly known as Ice Prince has come out to state the reason his love affair with Ghanaian actress, Yvonne Nelson ended abruptly.
- What Hope for the Nigerian Child? [Daily Trust]Being born in Nigeria comes with many advantages or challenges, depending on which side of the divide you belong.
- Three Policewomen Stripped Naked By Tenants, Thugs [Leadership]Residents of Obaseki streets, Ikpoba Hill in Benin City, the Edo State capital, were shocked to see three policewomen beaten and stripped naked following an altercation between the policewomen from the Ikpoba Hill Division and some tenants in the area.
- Tambuwal's Loyalists Overpower Security Operatives, Smuggle Him Into Chamber [Premium Times]Police fired teargas at the National Assembly Thursday as security operatives barred the speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, and as several of the speaker's loyalists overpowered the security agents and smuggled him into the chamber
- UPDATE: Speaker Tambuwal Blocked From Entering National Assembly [Premium Times]The spokesperson of the All Progressives Congress, Lai Mohammed, has confirmed to journalists at the APC secretariat in Abuja that security operatives have prevented the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, from gaining entrance into the National Assembly Complex.
- Nigeria Overtakes South Africa, Has the Highest Number of Wealthy People in Africa [This Day]Nigeria has overtaken South Africa by topping the Forbes' list of Africa's richest people.
- Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead of Reps' Sitting [Premium Times]Scores of State Security Service, SSS, personnel have taken over the National Assembly ahead of a crucial House of Representatives sitting today, in an enhanced security operations one official said is aimed at denying the speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, access to the complex.
- Tukur Seeks Reinstatement As PDP National Chairman [Premium Times]There was a dramatic twist to the suit seeking to oust Adamu Mu'azu as the national chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Wednesday, as his predecessor, Bamanga Tukur, demanded his reinstatement to the job.
- Govt to Unveil Nigeria's Top 100 Companies [Guardian]Abuja -The Federal Government on Wednesday announced the Top 100 Business Initiative, which enlisted companies cutting across various sectors such as oil and gas, telecommunication, construction, food manufacturing companies among others.
- Nigerian Envoy Advocates Argentina's Model in Tackling Herdsmen's Violence [Guardian]Abuja -Nigeria's High Commissioner to Argentina, Ambassador Chive Kaave, has suggested sedentary farming as an alternative to nomadic pastoralism, which he says, is a way Nigeria can tackle the violent clashes that often occur in a part of the nation where many have been killed.
- Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya's Mobile Subscriptions Hit 880 Million [Guardian]AS at the third quarter of 2014, mobile subscriptions in Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Egypt, Morocco and other parts of Africa have hit 880 million.
- Nigeria Does Generate More Electricity Now Than It Did 15 Years Ago [Africa Check]An opposition candidate recently claimed Nigeria generates less electricity now than it did at the end of military rule. The ruling party challenged observers to check the facts. Africa Check did, and found he was wrong.
- U.S. Agency Forges Partnership to Curb Ebola [CAJ News]Lagos -THE United States Agency for International Development (USAID) announced a public-private partnership with stakeholders to aid those on the ground to fight the spread of the Ebola virus.
- Elumelu, Kalu Join Africa's Top 50 Richest Persons [Vanguard]Two Nigerians, Tony Elumelu and Orji Uzor Kalu, with four other persons have joined Forbes list of 50 richest people in Africa.
- Synagogue - Police Witness Identifies Mystery Aircraft, Says Collapse Looked Like Controlled Demolition [Vanguard]LAGOS--The proceeding of the coroner court investigating the collapse of a guest house belonging to the Synagogue Church of All Nations continued yesterday with the police witness, DSP Olushola Agboyi, officially identifying the aircraft which allegedly hovered over the building as Hercules CH 130 belonging to the Nigerian Air Force.
- 700 000 Displaced in Boko Haram Terror Crisis [CAJ News]Abuja -LATEST figures from the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) reveal that about 700 000 people have been internally displaced as a result of the Boko Haram insurgency.
- FOI - SERAP Gives PDP, APC 14 Days to Disclose Elections Budget [Vanguard]A civil society group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, has sent requests to Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and All Progressives Congress, APC, asking them to urgently provide information about the spending and sources of such funds on their electoral campaigns and other operations linked to 2015 general elections.
- Buhari, Amaechi, Others in Protest Rally Against FG [Vanguard]ABUJA--The All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential aspirant and former Head of State, Gen.Muhammadu Buhari; APC National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun and Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, yesterday, led thousands of party supporters in a protest rally in Abuja, accusing the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP-led Federal Government of playing politics with Boko Haram.
- Govs Call for Withdrawal of U.S.$2 Billion From Excess Crude Account [Vanguard]Abuja--For the fourth month running, statutory revenue available for distribution between the three tiers of government dropped as the total revenue for October stood at N593.34 billion. The amount is about N10.192 billion lower than the N603.529 billion shared in September.
- U.S. to Collaborate With Nigeria on Food Security [This Day]Osogbo -The United States of America Agric Attache Mr Selfart Kurt has said that his country will collaborate with Nigeria in the area of food security.
- 82% of Terror Deaths Occur in 5 Countries - Terrorism Index [Institute for Economics and Peace]The number of terrorist attacks around the world has increased dramatically; over 80% of all terrorism occurs in only 5 countries. Get the facts on terrorism.
- Boko Haram - Nigerian Military Retakes Gombi, Hong, in Adamawa [Premium Times]The Nigerian military has retaken full control of Gombi, Pelia and Hong, three key communities in the north-eastern state of Adamawa earlier seized by the extremist group, Boko Haram, the defence headquarters said Wednesday.
- No Rights, Just Plights of the Child [Vanguard]EVERY child has a right to life
- Chinedu Ikedieze Aki Wins Best Actor Of 2014 Award At Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Nite
- Bisi Ibidapo Obe’s New Boyfriend Dumps Her, Marries Abuja Based Lady
- Nollywood Releases Don Jazzy’s Dorobucci Love Movie Starring Mr Ibu & Ruth Kadiri
- Stella Damasus & Husband In Studio For New Music
- Nollywood Actor Junior Pope Odonwodo Shares Baby Boy Video, Talks Fatherhood Joy
- Jericho: Shan George Shooting New Ibiobio Dialect Nollywood Movie In Eket, Akwa Ibom State
- Mr Latin Foundation Drags K1, Sunny Ade & Odunlade Adekola To Obasanjo Library In Abeokuta
- Jonathan Gives N215M To 26 Nollywood Movie Producers As Unemployment Worsens In Nigeria
- Dejo Tunfulu Attacked By Thugs At Governor Amosun’s Political Rally, Actor Vomits Blood On Movie Set
- Genevieve Nnaji Married? Check Out Her Wedding Ring Finger
- Taiwo Hassan Ogogo Denies HIV AIDS Rumour, Talks Ulcer Battle “I Ate ONLY Pap For 7 Months”
- In Pictures: Jim Iyke Arrives Istanbul Turkey For Business
- Check Out Kate Henshaw’s Sexy Campaign Posters & Pre-Election Photos
- Photos: Killer Of Miss Honduras & Sister Arrested, Jealous Boyfriend Kills Maria Jose & Sofia Alvarado
- Police: We Teargassed Tambuwal & Prevented APC Lawmakers Into National Assembly Bcos Of Political Thugs
- Photos, Video: Police Teargassed Tambuwal, APC Members Jumped Fence Into National Assembly
- Jonathan Allegedly Orders Arrest Of Hunters Killing Boko Haram In Borno & Yobe States
- 2 Abandoned Kids Die In Jos House Fire As Mother Goes After Cheating Lover At Midnight
- Photos: Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Burnt Alive At Gombe Bus Station By Angry Mob
- Japanese Woman Chisako Kakehi Arrested For Killing 7 Husbands With Poison For Death Insurance Benefit
- Leader Of Fulanis In Nigeria Suspended For Endorsing Jonathan For 2nd Term
- 3 Secondary School Students Arrested For Beating Up Teacher In Osogbo Osun State
- Photo: Northerners Protest Killing Of Secondary School Boys In Yobe By Boko Haram
- Egedege, Aiye Cultists Attacked Barber In Isolo Lagos For Dating Member’s Wife
- “I Have Sex With Dogs For Spiritual Powers”- Armed Robber From Benin Republic Confesses
- Injustice: 14 Nigerian Journalists Kidnapped & Tortured By Ijaw Militants In Delta State
- Enugu PDP opposes call for dissolution of exco THE crisis ridden Enugu State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday dismissed as [Friday, 21 November 2014 04:48]
- Chime may dump PDP for APGA It is untrue, says aide THE rivalry engulfing the Enugu State chapter of the Peoples Democratic [Friday, 21 November 2014 04:25]
- Arewa elders fault request for extension of emergency rule Group urges evacuation of N’Deltans from North east THE Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has urged [Thursday, 20 November 2014 22:31]
- Ekiti Speakers aide petitions Jonathan over alleged threat to life THE Special Adviser on Media to the Speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly, Wole Olujobi, has [Friday, 21 November 2014 04:20]
- Ekiti Assembly crisis deepens as seven PDP lawmakers impeach Speaker THE crisis between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers and their All Progressives Congress [Thursday, 20 November 2014 22:28]
- Police warn politicians against illegal arms THE Ekiti State Police Command yesterday raised the alarm over the proliferation of illegal and [Friday, 21 November 2014 04:17]
- Warns against inciting statements PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has said that no individual or group can hold the nation to ransom. He [Thursday, 20 November 2014 22:21]
- Prepare to leave govt house, Oyo LP guber aspirant tells Ajimobi A GORVERNORSHIP aspirant of the Labour Party (LP) in Oyo State, Olu Abiala, Monday asked the [Friday, 21 November 2014 04:12]
- No individual can hold Nigeria to ransom, says Jonathan Warns against inciting statements PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has said that no individual or [Thursday, 20 November 2014 22:21]
- Witnesses allege malpractice in Osun governorship poll A PRINCIPAL witness in a petition by Senator Iyiola Omisore, candidate of the Peoples Democratic [Friday, 21 November 2014 04:06]
- YOUWIN beneficiaries urge states, councils to adopt self-reliance programmes Support Jonathan’s re-election FOR making them outstanding young entrepreneurs who have similarly [Thursday, 20 November 2014 22:18]
- Hijab saga: Muslim women urged to uphold Islamic ethics SEQUEL to the recent controversy on hijab usage in Lagos State public schools, the Chief Missioner, [Friday, 21 November 2014 00:00]
- NEC demands review of tax harmonisation Act CITN seeks sanctions for tax defaulters to boost new economic drive FOLLOWING the recommendations [Thursday, 20 November 2014 22:14]
- Tributes as Alex Ibru is remembered, widow turns 65 IT was tribute galore Thursday for the late Publisher of The Guardian , Alex Ibru who passed [Thursday, 20 November 2014 22:35]
- Fiscal commission suggests $60 p/b oil benchmark for 2015 budget AS the fall in oil revenues continue to attract comments from stakeholders, the Fiscal [Thursday, 20 November 2014 22:13]
- Nigeria, SAfrica, Kenyas mobile subscriptions hit 880m in Q3 •5G Technology to be deployed by 2020 AS at the third quarter of 2014, mobile subscriptions in [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 18:39]
- CBN, credit bureaux mull framework to improve lending to small businesses WITH only five per cent of small and medium enterprises accessing bank loans the Central Bank of [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 18:38]
- FG woos D-8 members into Nigerias auto sector THE Federal Government, on Tuesday, called on the small and medium scale business community to plug [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 18:37]
- NIPR honours BoIs Olagunju THE Bank of Industry’s Executive Director Small and Medium Enterprises, Waheed Olagunju has been [Thursday, 20 November 2014 17:00]
- SON, NACCIMA partner to improve SMEs access to export market THE Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) and the Nigerian Association of Chamber of Commerce, [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 17:51]
- Ghana plans electricity supply to Nigeria, Ivory Coast, others •Gas supply from WAGP drops to 30m cubic feet IN a paradoxical turn of events, Ghana may soon [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 18:42]
- Firm launches electronic application to check insecurity PISI Ltd., Nigeria-based information technology company, has launched an electronic application [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 17:48]
- Govt launches commercial production of 10 per cent cassava composite flour product •Targets Dec 2016 for bread policy take-off THE Federal Government, Wednesday, in Abuja, launched [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 18:40]
- NFF: We accept full responsibility as we build a viable football culture THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Executive Committee Executive Committee has issued a press [Thursday, 20 November 2014 21:15]
- Finals of Mobil schools athletics tournament holds in AIbom AFTER yesterday’s exciting heats in the eight zonal finals of the Akwa Ibom State/NNPC/MPN Schools [Thursday, 20 November 2014 21:13]
- Enosoregbe, Akingbade out, as championship enters quarterfinals IT was yet another thrilling day at the ongoing Governor’s Cup Tennis Invitational holding at the [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 21:28]
- GOtv to bring global title fights to Nigeria SPONSORS of the GOtv Boxing Night have said their next big plan is to bring continental and world [Thursday, 20 November 2014 21:11]
- Four players to depart for world junior table tennis tourney FOUR female junior table tennis players are set to leave the country for China on November 28, to [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 21:26]
- Why Nigeria was ousted from 2015 AFCON, by Uduaghan DELTA State Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan has identified inconsistency in preparations during the [Thursday, 20 November 2014 20:56]
- Kimetto, Dibaba for honours at IAAF Awards KENYA’S new marathon sensation, Dennis Kimetto, and Ethiopia’s middle and long-distance queen [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 21:26]
- Eagles lost to a better team, says Erico • As Pinnick addresses editors today FORMER Super Eagles goalkeeper trainer, Joe Erico, has said [Thursday, 20 November 2014 20:54]
- Super Eagles draw 2-2 with South Africa SUPER Eagles of Nigeria will not defend their title in Equatorial Guinea at the 2015 Africa Nations [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 20:37]
- How EL-Amin stole Kaduna hearts, ran away with 11th Georgian Cup THEY were there in their numbers from all parts of the country and beyond to battle for honours in [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 17:59]
- Nigeria out of AFCON 2015, draws 2-2 with SAfrica THE defending champions of the African Cup of Nations (AFCON), Super Eagles, will not have the [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 21:32]
- Fidelity Bank leads Bankers Games medals table FIDELITY Bank is already confirmed overall winners of the 2014 Nigeria Bankers Games with a total [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 17:58]
- NOC Election: Gumel ready to revamp moribund committee if elected THE bid by Habu Ahmed Gumel to return to the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) as its president is [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 21:30]
- We hope to retain Copa Lagos tourney, says Ejo SAND Eagles coach, Adamu Ejo, is planning to make history as the first coach to win the Copa Lagos [Wednesday, 19 November 2014 17:57]
The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps says it has yet to track down any real pipeline vandal in Lagos State. The Lagos State Commandant of the corps, Donatus Ikemefuna, who highlighted some of the achievements of the corps during his six-month administration, said the NSCDC was on the trail of individuals who used youths… [Read More...]
LASG says law has reduced abandoned projects The Lagos State Government has said the procurement law has guarded against the trend of abandoning projects in the state. The General Manager and Chief Executive Officer of the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency, Akin Onimole, said this during the visit of a delegation from Edo State, who was in the state to understudy the 1-Comment-
The-Executive-Director-of-the-Lagos-State-Trust-Fund,-Mr.-Fola-Arthur-Worrey,-has-said-the-Nigerian-military-cannot-win-the-war-on-terrorism-without-the-help-of-the-police-and-the-Department-of-State-Services.-Arthur-Worrey-stated-this-during-a-lecture-on-Thursday-at-the-Police-Officers-Wives-Association-complex,-Ikeja,-Lagos.-The-lecture-was… [Read-More...]-Insecurity-threatens-democracy,-says-NBA">November 21, 2014 by Olaleye Aluko
The Executive Director of the Lagos State Trust Fund, Mr. Fola Arthur-Worrey, has said the Nigerian military cannot win the war on terrorism without the help of the police and the Department of State Services. Arthur-Worrey stated this during a lecture on Thursday at the Police Officers Wives Association complex, Ikeja, Lagos. The lecture was… [Read More...]
Insecurity threatens democracy, says NBA The Nigerian Bar Association on Thursday expressed fear over the doom which the on-going insurgent activities and general insecurity ravaging the country, particularly in the North-East, could spell for the nations democracy and economic development. Speaking for the association, its President, Mr. Austine Alegeh (SAN), said government seemed to have lost the capacity to secure Leave-a-Comment-
The-Jigawa-State-Governor,-Dr.-Sule-Lamido,-has-described-the-National-Youth-Service-Corps-as-a-pride-of-the-nation.-The-governor,-who-recalled-that-the-scheme-was-created-to-foster-better-knowledge-of-the-country-among-the-youths,-said-it-had-not-lost-its-relevance-41-years-after-its-creation.-He-therefore-advocated-continuous… [Read-More...]-US-condemns-Shemas-inciting-statement">November 21, 2014 by Ramon Oladimeji
The Jigawa State Governor, Dr. Sule Lamido, has described the National Youth Service Corps as a pride of the nation. The governor, who recalled that the scheme was created to foster better knowledge of the country among the youths, said it had not lost its relevance 41 years after its creation. He therefore advocated continuous… [Read More...]
US condemns Shemas inciting statement The United States has condemned the statement credited to Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State, in which he likened his political opponents to cockroaches that should be crushed. The governors rhetoric appeared in a two-minute video clip, which was posted on the Internet on November 12, 2014 and had gone viral. The US said it 3-Comments-
The-pan-northern-socio-political-organisation,-Arewa-Consultative-Forum,-on-Thursday-asked-members-of-the-National-Assembly-to-reject-President-Goodluck-Jonathans-request-to-extend-the-emergency-rule-in-the-three-north-east-states-of-Borno,-Yobe-and-Adamawa-ravaged-by-the-Boko-Haram-insurgents.-The-northern-body-argued-that-the-current-ploy-by-the-President-was-aimed… [Read-More...]-Daniel,-Kashamu-clash-over-senatorial-slot">November 21, 2014 by Godwin Isenyo
The pan-northern socio-political organisation, Arewa Consultative Forum, on Thursday asked members of the National Assembly to reject President Goodluck Jonathans request to extend the emergency rule in the three north-east states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa ravaged by the Boko Haram insurgents. The northern body argued that the current ploy by the President was aimed… [Read More...]
Daniel, Kashamu clash over senatorial slot A former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, and the Chairman, Mobilisation and Organisation Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party in the South-West, Buruji Kashamu, are at daggers drawn over a senatorial slot as both of them appeared before the screening committee at the partys headquarters in Abeokuta on Thursday. Both of them are 6-Comments-
The-Thursday-sitting-of-the-coroner-probing-the-September-12-Synagogue-building-collapse-was-hampered-by-faulty-electronic-recorder,-leading-to-further-adjournment-till-Friday-(today).-Scheduled-for-appearance-on-Thursday-before-the-coroner,-Magistrate-O.A.-Komolafe,-were-the-Standard-Organisation-of-Nigeria,-the-Lagos-State-Ministry-of-Works,-the-founder,-Synagogue-Church-of-All… [Read-More...]-Presidents-wife-shuns-Dickson-at-Jonathans-birthday">November 21, 2014 by Ramon Oladimeji
The Thursday sitting of the coroner probing the September 12 Synagogue building collapse was hampered by faulty electronic recorder, leading to further adjournment till Friday (today). Scheduled for appearance on Thursday before the coroner, Magistrate O.A. Komolafe, were the Standard Organisation of Nigeria, the Lagos State Ministry of Works, the founder, Synagogue Church of All… [Read More...]
Presidents wife shuns Dickson at Jonathans birthday Wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Patience, tactically avoided the Bayelsa State delegation, led by Governor Seriake Dickson, who came to rejoice with the President on his 57th birthday in Abuja on Thursday. No member of the National Assembly from the state was also on the delegation. There has been no love lost between the governor Leave-a-Comment-
Authorities-of-the-Wesley-University-of-Science-and-Technology,-Ondo,-Ondo-State,-on-Thursday-said-that-11-students-obtained-first-class-degree-from-the-university-in-the-2014/2015-academic-session.-The-Vice-Chancellor-of-the-university,-Prof.-Tola-Badejo,-announced-this-ahead-of-the-institutions-convocation-scheduled-for-Friday,-November-28.-The-VC-also-said-that-two… [Read-More...]-Atiku-says-Jonathan-poses-threat-to-democracy">November 21, 2014 by Charles Abah
Authorities of the Wesley University of Science and Technology, Ondo, Ondo State, on Thursday said that 11 students obtained first-class degree from the university in the 2014/2015 academic session. The Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Tola Badejo, announced this ahead of the institutions convocation scheduled for Friday, November 28. The VC also said that two… [Read More...]
Atiku says Jonathan poses threat to democracy A former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, on Thursday said President Goodluck Jonathan posed threat to the nations democracy. Atiku slammed the President for what the ex-VP described as the “crude methods” the Jonathan administration had adopted in dealing with perceived political enemies. He said this in his reaction to Thursdays incident when security operatives laid
- Orange to launch new Wi-Fi service in SA In partnership with the City of Cape Town, telecommunications service provider Orange is currently planning the imminent launch of its new Orange Wi-Fi service, offering Wi-Fi to those living in part of the areas of Khayelitsha and Mitchell’s Plain, in Cape Town. This partnership was announced at an official address by the Mayor of the ...
- Eutelsat & Spacecom partner to target West African market Eutelsat Communications and Spacecom have inked a partnership agreement. The agreement is set to drive the expansion of digital entertainment services in Africa. According to both parties, they have established a framework for cross-commercialisation of...
- Microsoft set to drive innovation in North Africa At this year’s Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) in Morocco, Microsoft signed a new strategic alliance with Tunisian startup Saphon Energy, a company that specialises in the research and development of wind energy. The company also introduced the first...
- CIOs cannot extract value from data with current IT infrastructure Hitachi Data Systems Corporation (HDS) today announced the results of its inaugural Information Innovation Index which interviewed a sample of South African CIOs. The results highlight that nearly half (48 per cent) of surveyed South African organisations are...
- Ghana: Tigo invests $3.2 Million in overhead fibre project Tigo Ghana has started work on a USD 3.2 million overhead fibre-optic cable project. The project is part of efforts to boost customer experience in the Western and Ashanti regions. According to Tigo Ghana, it is expected to end indiscriminate fibre cuts by...
- Kenya: Consumers order more iPhones than Apple can provide Apple products are growing in popularity across Kenya. According to reports, the brand cannot keep up with the consumer demand for the device. According to figures from mobile operators as well as resellers, the demand for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is...
- MicroStrategy Analytics Platform set to visualise data discovery The MicroStrategy Analytics Platform combines the productivity of self-service visual data discovery with the security, scalability, and governance features of enterprise business intelligence. Delivered natively through the web, tablets and smartphones,...
- MTN cuts Sky contract pricing MTN South Africa has slashed the pricing on its MTN Sky contracts, giving customers more value for money as they connect with family and friends. The promotion is available to all new customers as well as those upgrading or migrating to MTN Sky and will run...
- BCX sees revenue increase despite tough economic conditions Business Connexion has released its annual results for the year ended 31 August 2014. The highly disruptive labour environment, which prevailed in the past year in South Africa, impacted a number of key sectors where the Group operates, namely retail, mining...
- Microsoft launches new Lumia devices in Kenya Microsoft has revealed the availability of the Lumia 830 and Lumia 730 Dual SIM devices. According to Microsoft, both devices will run on its Windows Phone 8.1 OS. The Lumia 830 is one of the company’s flagship devices. According to Microsoft, the...
- Nigeria: Tecno Mobile to launch $30 smartphone in 2015 Tecno mobile is set to launch a low-cost mobile device during the course of 2015. According to the mobile device manufacturer, the device is expected to retail for $30 USD. While no date has been given for the launch of the device, Arif Choudhary, VP of Tecno...
- ITU Telecom World 2014: The one conversation that matters Radical change is transforming the information and communication technology (ICT) sector, the entire industry ecosystem, and with it, our world. At the same time, ICTs have as never before the power to change lives for the better, connecting the unconnected...
- MTN recognised at Ask Afrika Orange Index Awards MTN South Africa has been named the winner of the Best Service in Telecommunications sector and the Best Call Centre in the country across all industries in the 2014/15 Ask Afrika Orange Index Awards. “We are very proud of this achievement as the...
- Facebook aiming for free internet in Africa According to reports social media giant, Facebook, is in advanced talks with Avanti, a UK-based satellite operator regarding a project that will essentially provide free internet services in Africa. The project is part of Facebook founder Mark...
- Zambia: ZICTA provides 147 towers for rural areas The Zambia Information Communications Technology Authority (ZICTA) has erected 147 out of 169 new telecommunication towers, which have been earmarked for construction in selected rural parts of Zambia. According to the Zambia Consumer Association (ZACA), the...
- Uganda: Africell finalises acquisition of Orange Africell, a mobile telecommunications operator in Africa, has revealed that it has completed the acquisition of Orange Uganda. According to the company, the transaction will add to Africell’s portfolio 700,000 subscribers, as well as a 2G – 3G...
- N’Assembly shut David Mark orders closure, summons IGP Tambuwal, others scale fence into premises The Senate President and the Chairman of the National Assembly, David Mark, yesterday ordered the closure of the… ...
- Some elected officials don’t deserve constitutional immunity –Jonathan …marks 57th birthday at Villa President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said that some elected government officials do not deserve constitutional immunity as they abuse such immunity to make statements that threaten… ...
- Electricity consumers to pay more as NERC considers tariff hike Strong indications have emerged that electricity consumers may have to pay more beginning from December 1, 2014 following an increase in the price of gas. Current gas price is $3.30… ...
- Yobe spends N2.3bn on youth empowerment Yobe State government has expended N2.3bn on payment of allowances to 6,572 diploma holders who were engaged in its Special Youth Empowerment Programme in the last two years. Chairman of… ...
- ‘Nigeria’s problems have divine origins’ The Deeper Life Bible Church has said the current problems in Nigeria have a divine origin which would require the same divine intervention to overcome. Speaking at a press briefing… ...
- Man commits suicide in Owo A 24 -year old man from Owo in Owo Local Government Area of Ondo State, Lanrewaju Falodun has reportedly killed himself in a church premises where he was being treated… ...
- Gaidam swears-in perm secs, khadi To ensure effective service delivery in Yobe State, Governor Ibrahim Gaidam yesterday swore-in three newly appointed Permanent Secretaries and a Khadi who will be deployed to ministries, Boards and Parastatals… ...
- 433,579 PVCs yet to be collected in Kogi –REC The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has disclosed that a total of 433,579 Permanent Voters Card, PVC, are yet to be collected by the owners in Kogi State. The state… ...
- Seven Plateau guber aspirants plan consensus candidate Confusion is trailing efforts by a faction of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in Plateau State known as Equity and Justice Forum to handpick a consensus candidate from the southern… ...
- Ondo LP bigger than Mimiko –Acting chairman The Labour Party, LP, in Ondo State has said that the exit of Governor Olusegun Mimiko does not translate to the end of the party in the state. The party… ...
2015: ‘PDP, Jonathan’ll sweep South West’
Ahead of the 2015 general elections, the lawmaker representing Yewa South/Ipokia federal constituency, Chief Abiodun Akinlade, has reiterated the superior posture of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun State, South West and the country at large, saying that the party is on a good stead to replicate its 2003 feat in the zone. ...Abia guber: Otti pledges to abolish non-natives policy
A governorship aspirant on the platform of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Abia State, Dr. Alex Otti, has assured residents of the state that if elected, his administration will abolish the non-natives policy ...Enugu PDP: Aja can’t be acting chairman – Lawyer
Vice Chairman of Enugu State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Elder David Aja, has been asked to stop parading himself as the acting chairman, following an earlier order of an Enugu High Court. ...Delta 2015: Ex-lawmaker canvasses support for Obuh
Former member of the Federal House of Representatives representing Aniocha/Oshimili Constituency, Prince Ned Nwoko, has thrown his weight behind the governorship ambition of Tony Obuh, saying his emergence is a good choice for the people of Delta State. ...APC Presidency: Senator begs Buhari, Atiku to step down for Kwankwaso
Chairman of the Senate Committee on States and Local Governments, Kabiru Gaya, yesterday appealed to former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari and former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, to step down for Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 polls. ...Tambuwal: APC accuses Jonathan of political desperation
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of sabotaging his administration’s war against Boko Haram on the altar of personal vindictiveness and political desperation. ...APGA holds special convention December 17 to ratify Jonathan’s adoption
The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) has fixed December 17 for a special national convention to formally adopt President Goodluck Jonathan as its candidate for the 2015 presidential election. ...Jonathan ’ll win without rigging, Presidency replies Amaechi
The Presidency yesterday reacted to a statements credited to Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi on the 2015 general elections. Speaking on Wednesday at Eagle Square, Abuja venue of the Salvation Rally organised by the All Progressives Congress (APC), Governor Amaechi warned against any attempt to rig the forthcoming elections as he vowed that the main opposition party would carry out “civil disobedience” as well as form a “parallel government.” ...120 APC members sign for Jonathan’s impeachment
No fewer than 120 House of Representatives members may have signed to commence impeachment proceedings against President Goodluck Jonathan. The lawmakers are members of the All Progressives Congress (APC). ...Orlu Senate seat: Group rejects Izunaso
The Orlu Zone Conscience and Integrity Forum (OZCIF) has described the four-year of representation of Imo West Senatorial District by the National Organizing Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Osita Izunaso, as a failure. ...Power tussle tears Anambra market leaders apart
Bridge Head Market in Onitsha, Anambra State, a commercial city, has been thrown into crisis following the emergence of two parallel groups laying claims to the leadership of the market association. ...Special awards for Abdusalami, Fashola, Mimiko, Adesina, others
Eminent Nigerians including former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, governors of Lagos, Kwara and Ondo states, Babatunde Fashola, Abdulfatah Ahmed and Segun Mimiko respectively will on Sunday be honoured for meritorious service to the nation. ...Armed robbers attack bullion van, cart away money
Armed bandits yesterday, struck in Elemoso village, along Ondo-Akure Road in Ondo East Local Government Area of Ondo State, looting a bullion van and escaping with undisclosed amount of money belonging to a first generation bank. ...Oshiomhole to Fayose: Don’t join me in your gangsterism
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has told his Ekiti State counterpart, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, to buckle up and face the task of governance rather than drag his (Oshiomhole’s) name into the political crisis that has become peculiar to the Ekiti State Governor. ...Attack on medical team: Ekweremadu threatens to deal with hoodlums
Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has threatened to deal with those involved in the attack on a medical team sent to provide free eye medication to the people of his constituency. ...Akpabio to pay enhanced education grants to physically challenged persons
Akwa Ibom State Government has promised to increase educational grants for visually impaired persons and other physically challenged individuals living in the state. ...Uduaghan advocates long-term planning for sports development
Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, has described long-term planning, against the current ad-hoc approach, as panacea to the dwindling fortunes of sports in the country. ...Nigerians should be proud of NYSC –Lamido
Jigawa State Governor, Sule Lamido, has urged Nigerians to support the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), describing it as an idea to be proud of. ...Ekiti govt congratulates new speaker
Ekiti State Government has congratulated the new Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Dele Olugbemi, assuring him that the government will work with him. ...Presidency decries siege to National Assembly
The Presidency yesterday, reacted to the siege to the National Assembly by security operatives, who tried to prevent the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal from gaining access to the Green Chamber. ...Nigerian tycoons lead Africa’s 50 richest in 2014
For the first time in the four years that FORBES has been tracking Africa’s richest, Nigeria beats South Africa. At the top yet again cement tycoon Aliko Dangote of Nigeria is joined on the list of Africa’s 50 Richest by 12 other countrymen. ...Banks, PEFs ’ll finance Nigeria’s infrastructure needs –Wigwe, Access GMD
Group Managing Director and Chief Executive, Access Bank Plc, Herbert Wigwe, has expressed optimism in the ability of local banks, pension funds and private equity firms to bail the nation out of its huge infrastructure if adequately explored. ...Statistical association seeks review of crude oil laws
The Nigerian Statistical Association (NSA), has called on the Federal Government to review existing laws relating to crude oil sales data collation process and those relating to transactions in the Free Trade Zones. ...NERC to hike electricity tariff from Dec 1
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) may review upward the electricity tariff with effect from December 1, 2014. ...Nigerian tycoons lead Africa’s 50 richest in 2014
For the first time in the four years that FORBES has been tracking Africa’s richest, Nigeria beats South Africa. At the top yet again cement tycoon Aliko Dangote of Nigeria is joined on the list of Africa’s 50 Richest by 12 other countrymen. In comparison South Africa claims 11 spots, down from 14 a year ago. Nigeria is showing its strength, having earned commendations for its efforts to snuff out Ebola in the country, which Dangote helped fund and despite a recent drop in oil prices. ...Shell completes sale of Nigeria oil field stake for $600 million
(LONDON, England) Royal Dutch Shell said on Thursday it had completed the sale of its… ...2015: FG adjusts, cuts budget to N4.661trn, pegs dollar at N162
From ADETUTU FOLASADE-KOYI, Abuja Owing to the steep decline in oil earnings, the Federal Government yesterday… ...Capital market regulators need better synergy – Pearl Awards CEO
By CHINENYE ANUFORO Even as he commended the different initiatives and innovations by Nigerian capital… ...Desertification: Jonathan approves N16bn
…To flag-off Green Wall programme in 11 northern states FROM FRED ITUA, ABUJA Determined to mitigate… ...Credit Bureau: Banking sector’s registered borrowers’ list hits 27m
BY AMECHI OGBONNA Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr. Godwin Emefiele, yesterday… ...Bill Cosby Netflix show postponed after Janice Dickinson’s sexual assault allegations
As expected, Netflix late Tuesday said it would postpone a Bill Cosby special to stream… ...Kcee, Denrele, storm Chika Ike’s TV show
By CHRISTIAN AGADIBE Limpopo singer, Kcee and Denrele, recently stormed the set of Chika Ike’s… ...A Place In The Stars hits cinemas
By CHUKS EZE It was glitz and glamour at the premiere of the long-awaited film,… ...My music’ll bring peace and heal many –Collins Sampson, gospel singer
By CHRISTIAN AGADIBE UK based Nigerian gospel singer, Collins Sampson, after two years of recording… ...Why I remixed Joromi –Moniker JC
By JESSICA AKUDE Fast-rising Jeremiah Uzeh Blandmosh aka Moniker JC, has disclosed the reason why… ...My challenge with infertility –Millen Magese
BY CHRISTY ANYANWU Former Miss Tanzania and model based in New York, Millen Magese, was… ...Muma Gee: I’m in politics to liberate my people
.Vows not to quit music Like some of her colleagues who have joined the political… ...Heartless guy broke my heart –Seyi Shay
By CHRISTIAN AGADIBE A couple of years ago, Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua aka Seyi Shay became… ...I love kaftan with a fitting cap–Dr Abubakar Jimoh
BY OGE OKAFOR Dr Abubakar Jimoh is currently the Director, Public Relations and Protocol Unit… ...Nicki Minaj apologises for offensive Nazi imagery in video
While Nicki Minaj was busy hosting the MTV EMA, she was also fielding heavy criticism… ...
- MRS records 865.06% increase in profit, seeks market expansion - MRS Nigeria plc, a company in the oil and gas downstream sector, has recorded an 865.06 percent increase in third quarter profits as it continues to seek aggressive market expansion, analysis of the Company’s financial statement has shown. For the first six months through September 2014, the Company’s profit before (PBT) surged by 865.06 percent to
- Nigeria middle class growth seen largest in Africa by 2030 - Middle-class households in 11 leading economies in the region are set expand to about 40 million by 2030, with the biggest growth seen in Nigeria, the continent’s largest economy, according to a report by Standard Bank Group Ltd. Africa’s gross domestic product may expand by 50 percent to $3.7trn by 2019, boosted by an emerging
- Konga boosts local content with new engineering centre - Konga.com, Nigeria’s largest online mall, recently announced the opening of its new engineering centre in Yaba, Lagos. The Company’s expansion to the new office was necessitated by the growth of Konga’s massive engineering team. Today, Konga.com has one of the most remarkable teams of software engineers in Nigeria comprising over 100 engineers. Most of these
- ‘Nigeria sells N120bn per year in wine’ - The Nigerian wine market has been reputed to be the leader in terms of revenue generation in Africa. In this interview, Alexandre Carneiro, chief executive officer, Blue Arrow Limited, marketers of Carlos Rossi wine in Nigeria, tells FUNKE OSAE-BROWN how the brand is repositioning itself and changing the game of wine consumption in Nigeria. Tell
- Ashok Leyland promises enhanced after-sales, best operating economics - Ashok Leyland Nigeria Limited, country representative of Ashok Leyland India, has announced plans to fortify her services in Nigeria with the introduction of total transport solution and end-to-end support for customers to improve the operating economics of the brand during its life cycle. Nujum Riyaz, country manager, Ashok Leyland Nigeria Limited, gave this hint at
- TAC Professional services affiliates with Integra International - TAC Professional Services, a chartered accountants/professional and consulting firm, has formally become a member of Integra International accounting network and association. Integra International is a worldwide organisation (with more than 120 individual firms, located in over 70 counties) of independently owned and managed professional service firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and specialist advisory services. Integra
- IGR: Imo grosses past N1bn - Imo State has grossed past the N1 billion mark in its internally generated revenue (IGR) by end of September 2014, BusinessDay reliably gathered from Chike John Okafor, the immediate past commissioner of finance in the state, who has just resigned his appointment to pursue a political career at the House of Representatives by 2015. The
- Trafigura plans to disclose some oil payments to governments - Trafigura Beheer BV, the world’s third-largest independent oil trader, will from next year disclose some payments to foreign governments after joining a programme to promote transparency. It joins the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, a voluntary programme set up in 2003 under which resource companies disclose payments, taxes and license fees paid to governments and state-owned
- Mr. Chef ends search for ‘first lady’ - Mr Chef, one of Nigeria’s leading producers of food seasonings, will draw the curtains on the first season of its search for the ‘total woman’ at the grand finale of the Mr. Chef First Lady Reality Show, which will hold on Friday, 21 November, 2014 at the Shell Hall of the MUSON Centre in Lagos.
- LS Scientific partners Adam Equipment on precision scales - LS Scientific is building a relationship with Adam Equipment, a global brand that manufactures precision weighing balances and scales, to make these precision products readily available for Nigeria’s local market and secondly, at affordable prices, suitable for every sector, from education to fast moving consumer goods (FMCG). This relationship from a different perspective also sees
- We gave it our best shot – Pinnick The Nigeria Football Federation has accepted full responsibility for the failure of the Super Eagles to reach next year’s Africa Cup of Nations finals in Equatorial Guinea. [November 21, 2014]
- Five zones for Abebe cricket challenge In a concerted move to revive the fortunes of cricket in the country, female players from five zones of Nigeria are now in Abuja for the John Abebe Cricket championship which is taking place this weekend in the nation’s capital. [November 21, 2014]
- Adebayor accuses mum of doing ‘juju’ against him Tottenham Hotspur Emmanuel Adebayor is on a warpath his family after accusing him of neglecting them. [November 21, 2014]
- Afe Babalola University to host NPUGA 2015 The 2015 Nigerian Private University Games(NPUGA) will hold at the Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti(ABUAD) in December 2015. [November 21, 2014]
- Afcon failure: Keshi’s future uncertain STEPHEN Keshi is still unsure whether he will remain as Super Eagles coach following Wednesday’s 2-2 draw against South Africa in Uyo. [November 21, 2014]
- Keshi: We took South Africa for granted Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi believes his players only have themselves to blame after failing to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. The Super Eagles will not be present to defend their continental crown at next year’s Equatorial Guinea showpiece after Wednesday’s 2-2 draw against South Africa proved insufficient in terms of qualification from Group A. [November 21, 2014]
- Eagles shock Wyclef GLOBAL music superstar Wyclef Jean has spoken out of his shock about the Super Eagles failure to make it to next year AFCON.Prior to the game the multi award winning music sensation spoke of his support for the team and their 2-2 draw expectedly frustrated him. [November 21, 2014]
- Six charged in French match-fixing probe Six people, including the presidents of Ligue 1 side Caen and Ligue 2 Nimes, were charged on Thursday in connection with a match-fixing inquiry that has rocked French football. [November 20, 2014]
- Gumel returns as NOC president Former Director of Facilities at the National Sports Commission (NOC), Habu Gumel, yesterday at the Nelrose Hotel, Asaba, defeated incumbent Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) president, Sani Ndanusa, to become the new leader of the body. [November 20, 2014]
- Okocha questions Eagles’ passion Former Nigeria captain, Austin Jay-Jay Okocha has questioned the level of passion among current players of the Super Eagles following their exit from the Africa Cup of Nations. [November 20, 2014]
- Flying Eagles to begin camping for 2015 AYC finals on Monday The camp of the national under-20 male football team, the Flying Eagles, will be opened on Monday ahead of the 19th African Youth Championship (AYC) taking place in Senegal. [November 20, 2014]
- Bayern pay off Allianz Arena — 16 years early Bayern Munich will be able to boost their star-studded squad in future after paying off the 346 million euros (US$433.245m) cost of their Allianz Arena — 16 years ahead of schedule. [November 20, 2014]
- AFCON 2015: Eagles crash out Reigning champions the Super Eagles will not defend their title in Equatorial Guinea after failing to qualify from Group A [November 20, 2014]
- Ghana beat Togo to seal 2015 AFCON spot Ghana beat Togo 3-1 yesterday to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations as winner’s of Group E. Goals from Abdul Majeed Waris, Mubarak Wakaso and an own goal scored by Sadate Akoriko handed the Black Stars the sweet victory before its home fans in Tamale. [November 20, 2014]
- Ivory Coast secure qualification Ivory Coast secured qualification for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations finals after playing to a goalless draw with Cameroon in Abidjan yesterday. [November 20, 2014]
- Obafemi Awolowo Stadium tennis court wears new look As part of its determination to put the Obafemi Awolowo Stadium back on track, the National Sport Commission, has embarked on the reconstruction of the dilapidated tennis court inside the arena. [November 20, 2014]
- Guinea too good for Uganda Guinea have beaten a ten-man Uganda 2-0 in Morocco and qualified for the 2015 Africa Nations Cup finals along with Ghana. [November 19, 2014]
- Keshi shuns media, South Africa’s coach hails team Super Eagles’ Head Coach Stephen Keshi on Wednesday in Uyo shunned the mandatory post-match briefing after his team drew 2-2 with visiting South Africa at the Ibom International Stadium. [November 19, 2014]
- We should’ve beaten Nigeria – Mashaba Bafana Bafana coach, Shakes Mashaba has praised his players for putting up an outstanding performance against the Super Eagles in Uyo but regretted that the tie ended in a draw. [November 19, 2014]
- US embassy ruins Okagbare’s honeymoon The US embassy in Abuja has rocked the boat for African sprint queen, Blessing Okagbare who recently got married to her heart-throb Igho Otegheri. [November 19, 2014]
- AIPS to hold historic meeting in Addis Ababa Kenenisa Bekele, holder of the world record and Olympic record in both the 5,000 and 10,000 and compatriot Haile Gebrselassie, the Ethiopian long-distance track and road running legend will attend the AIPS Executive opening on November 19 in Addis Ababa [November 19, 2014]
- Bafana deny Eagles 2015 AFCON ticket Bafana Bafana, Wednesday night, at the Nest of Champions in Uyo, held Nigeria to a 2-2 draw. Despite this scoreline, Nigeria failed to qualify for 2015 Africa Nations Cup. [November 19, 2014]
- We don’t have creative midfielders – Okocha African football legend, Austin Jay Jay Okocha has given the greatest hints that he may soon bounce back to the sport that brought him fame and fortune to help in discovering young creative midfielders. [November 19, 2014]
- Bafana coach vows to end Nigerian jinx South African coach, Ephraim ‘Shakes’ Mashaba, said his team has one aim at the Nest of Champions in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and that his to break the jinx of not bating Nigeria in any competitive match. [November 19, 2014]
- Real Madrid, Microsoft to create digital platform Real Madrid C.F and Microsoft have signed a landmark agreement accelerating the digital transformation of the club through technology [November 19, 2014]
- Furman: It’ll be tough playing Nigeria Bafana Bafana have their eyes solely fixed on a victory against their arch nemesis, Nigeria, when the two nations battle in the final qualification rounds of the 2015 CAF African Cup of Nations today. [November 19, 2014]
- We cannot afford to be over-confident – Pinnick NFF President, Amaju Melvin Pinnick, observed on Tuesday that the Super Eagles cannot afford to be over –confident going into Wednesday’s crucial Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa’s Bafana Bafana. [November 19, 2014]
- Defeat not an option, Mark tells Eagles As the Super Eagles of Nigeria confront national team of South Africa the Bafana Bafana in the last qualification stage of African Cup of Nations, AFCON, today, the Senate President, David Mark has told the players and technical crew of the national team that a defeat of the South African team is not an option but a must. [November 19, 2014]
- Watch Eagles for N500 Ticket prices for the 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifier between Super and Bafana Bafana of South Africa have been released. [November 18, 2014]
- Brazil end year with morale-boosting win Brazil ended a disappointing year with a 2-1 win over Austria in an international friendly in Vienna on Tuesday. [November 18, 2014]
- Akanni charges Eagles to ‘kill’ Bafana Bafana Former Nigeria international, Waidi Akanni has charged the Super Eagles to remain focused and deliver the 2015 Afcon ticket to their teeming fans who have remained steadfast in their belief in the team. [November 18, 2014]
- Babatunde: Eagles ‘ll destroy Bafana Injured Super Eagles ace Babatunde Michael has said that Nigeria are fired-up to thrash Bafana Bafana today to advance to AFCON 2015. [November 18, 2014]