- NANS to FG: Your economic recovery plan doesn’t address challenges of universities
- TSA: Reps query AGF over non audit of system since inception
- 2 killed, 6 injured as hoodlums clash in Lagos Island
- Boko Haram: Another Radio station added to counter terrorism in the lake Chad region
- Ogun Police discover human parts in Church
- Boko Haram: Shekau trying to be relevant ―Anti-terrorism group
- University of Jos join ASUU strike
- 500 ex-Councillors endorse Gov Wike for a second term
- Nigerians in UK condemn Wuse market invasion
- 2017 Enugu LG Poll: APC faults nomination fee for aspirants
- The harder I work, the easier my task becomes —Folorunsho Alakija
- Beat student syndrome to achieve your career goals
- FAAN and the gains of executive order
- Tips for career success
- I put in 18 hours into my business everyday —Dangote
- Our product is getting better and cheaper for Nigerians —British Airways
- Software: Nigerians must know that local contents are cheaper, better —Abioye
- ATM: 50 years of retail banking automation
- Oniha: Dawn of a new era at DMO
- ETISALAT: A business romance gone sour
- ‘Why I returned to Nigeria to pursue my career’
- Cquenz set to drop visuals for Enyim
- Ameen gushes about Krizbeatz’s album
- Former BBN housemate, TTT, welcomes baby girl, as Bisola congratulates him
- I want to achieve what my dad failed to achieve with music —Aremu Poki Poki
- Why juju music is fading —Yinka Adonai
- OHR unveils saxophonist, Kunle Ajayi, Nathaniel Bassey, 8 others
- Obey, Ayewa, Bola Are, Shina Peters, others light up UK at Celebrate the Comforter
- Krizbeatz joins SaaB Foundation’s walk against gender-based violence
- Segun Arinze desires “collabo’’ with Tekno
- ‘Marijuana increases hypertension death risk’
- Sickle cell children can live long — Expert
- Ogun residents to enjoy free eye surgery
- Oyo inaugurates committee on strategic health plan
- Lassa fever: Govt should improve emergencies preparedness ―Researcher
- NGO advises Nigerians on regular medical check up
- Okokomaiko Community in Lagos acquires new clinic for Family Planning services
- UNDP to integrate conflict prevention, peace building training into NYSC
- Open drugs market ends 2018, says Minister
- Lassa fever: Be vigilant, imbibe right attitude toward prevention ―Experts
- 100 Days - Controversy Follows Buhari's Continued Absence From Nigeria [Premium Times] Exactly 100 days since he left Nigeria on Sunday, May 7 for London to attend to his ailing health, controversy has continued to trail President Muhammadu Buhari's continued absence from the country.
- Firm Accused of Illegal Mining Speaks - Blames Nigerian Govt [Premium Times] The company whose owner the Nigerian government declared wanted on Monday for alleged illegal mining in Wase local government area of Plateau State has denied that its activities are against the law.
- Govt Begs Academic Staff Union to Suspend Strike [Premium Times] The federal government has appealed to the Academic Staff Union of Universities to suspend its ongoing strike in the universities in the interest of the nation.
- Abuja Market Shut Down Amid Clashes Over Buhari's Absence [Premium Times] The attempt by protesters at the popular Wuse Market in Abuja to urge President Muhammadu Buhari to return to Nigeria or resign on Tuesday resulted in the breakout of an inter-tribal clash.
- A Global Leader - Kingsley Moghalu's Inspirational Life [Vanguard] ONE evening in Medford, Massachusetts in March 2017, I was seated at the back of an elegantly designed classroom at the renowned Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University. The master's degree students were from various countries including the USA, Japan, India, Switzerland, Canada, Nigeria and the United Kingdom.
- FIRS, States Collaborate to Track High Net Worth Persons [This Day] The Joint Tax Board (JTB) and the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has said it has started sharing information of high net worth individuals to profile their income and tax payments to ensure they pay the appropriate taxes.
- Osinbajo Assigns Portfolios to New Ministers [Premium Times] The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, has assigned portfolios to the two ministers who were sworn in three weeks ago.
- Whistle-Blower Policy, One of Buhari's Main Achievements - Adeosun [Premium Times] The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, has said the whistle-blower policy of the federal government is one of the current administration's successful initiatives.
- Many Feared Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Two Adamawa Communities [Premium Times] Suspected members of the Boko Haram on Monday night attacked two Adamawa communities.
- Army Releases Call Code for Complaints About Soldiers' Conduct [Premium Times] The army has said that it would respond promptly to complaints of human rights abuses by civilians against any of its personnel nationwide.
- Stop Disparaging Kastina Emir, Atiku, Group Warns [This Day] Abuja -A northern group under the aegis of Arewa Youths Grand Alliance (AYGA) has warned a section of youths in the region whom it said are disparaging key leaders including Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmumin Usman, and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.
- Enugu Electricity Nabs 18 Vandals [Daily Trust] The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) said it has nabbed 18 suspects for vandalising electricity installations in the South East.
- Nigeria's Restructuring - the Fears, the Anxieties and the Hopes [Daily Trust] If there is any burning issue that has seriously threatened the unity of Nigeria over the decades is the problem of ethnic hegemony in the polity. Since the 1914 amalgamation, the unity of the over 300 ethnic groups with more than 521 languages has always been under threat of disintegration as a result of persistent outcries of marginalisation. If we walk down the memory lane, it is obvious that this ancient ancestral rancour is not unconnected to the issue of resource control, especially since the discove
- Mother Arrested for Allegedly Killing Her Three-Day-Old Baby [Premium Times] The Police in Nasarawa State Command said they arrested a woman for allegedly killing her three-day-old baby.
- Ban Importation of Skin Bleaching Creams, Don Tells Nigerian Govt [Premium Times] An immunologist and Head, Department of Chemical Pathology, at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, Ganiyu Arinola, has called for a ban on the importation of bleaching creams.
- NADECO Plans U.S. Conference to Address Separatist Concerns [This Day] Port Harcourt -The pro-democracy group, National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), has said it would collaborate with the Institute for Strategic and Development Studies (ISDS) to hold a conference in Washington, D.C., United States to discuss the future of Nigeria considering the series of separatist agitations in the country.
- Firstbank Promotes 3000 Staff [This Day] First Bank of Nigeria Limited has promoted over 3000 of its workforce in its recent promotion exercise targeted at rewarding staff for strong performance in driving the bank's business.
- Saraki, Kachikwu, FIRS Boss, Others Shortlisted for Peace Achievers Awards 2017 [Leadership] Abuja -The Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, Babatunde Fowler, Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu , Minister of State, Petroleum Resources , Nollywood actor, Mike Ezuruonye and a list of others have been shortlisted for Peace Achievers Awards 2017.
- Global Hunt for Nigerian Cyber Criminal Spreading Malware [Vanguard] A Nigerian working alone around Abuja has stirred a global hunt as he orchestrated numerous malware infection campaigns targeting more than 4,000 organisations globally over the past four months, a cyber security company claimed.
- Why Flooding in Nigeria Is an Increasingly Serious Problem [The Conversation Africa] Earlier this year heavy rains and thunderstorms caused havoc in Lagos, Nigeria's economic nerve centre and one of Africa's most populous cities. Residents woke up in many parts of the city to find their streets and homes flooded and their property, including cars and other valuables, submerged.
- PDP - Back From the Brink [This Day] The Peoples Democratic Party put up quite a show in Abuja last Saturday that sent a powerful message to the ruling All Progressives Congress.
- Lockdown in Varsities Continues As ASUU, FG Begin Talks [Vanguard] As the indefinite strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, enters its second day, activities on campuses have been paralysed as students vacate hostels.
- Ozubulu - Police Invite Ikegwuonu [Vanguard] The Anambra State Police Command has invited Chief Aloysius Ikegwuonu, who suspected assailants were said to be looking for when they attacked St Philip's Catholic Church, Amakwa Ozubulu penultimate Sunday.
- Edo New Speaker Adjoto Resumes Office [Vanguard] The New Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Mr Kabiri Adjoto resumed duties yesterday and ordered the former Speaker, Mr Justin Okonoboh, his deputy, Elizabeth Ativie to return their official vehiclesin their custodies or face the law.
- IPOB to Okorocha - We Can't Deceive Millions of Biafrans [Vanguard] The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, yesterday reacted to the statement credited to the Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, that the organization and its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, were deceiving Igbo people, arguing that it was not possible to deceive millions of Biafrans. IPOB said:
- I'm On a Divine Mission - Edochie, Nollywood Actor [Vanguard] It was jubilation galore, yesterday, in Onitsha as Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie, stormed a meeting of the Democratic People's Congress, DPC to assert his readiness to contest the election on the platform of the party. Edochie who stormed the meeting at 1.30 pm was accompanied by another popular Nollywood actor, Chief Okwudili Oguegbu, who is also serving as his campaign manager.
- Oil Firm Organises Leadership Training for N-Delta Youths [Vanguard] Calabar -NO fewer than 51 youths, drawn from oil-producing communities in the Niger Delta region, are being camped in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, for a two-week training on leadership and peace building, to position them for conflict prevention in their communities.
- Villagers Barricade Ughelli-Asaba Expressway Over Herdsmen Menace [Vanguard] Oleh -Worried by the occupation of their farmlands by armed herdsmen, indigenes of Iyede Kingdom, Isoko North Local Government Area, Delta State, yesterday, barricaded the Ekiugbo-Iyede axis of the Ughelli-Asaba expressway, demanding their vacation from their communities.
- Nigeria to Save N300 Billion Annually From Rice Import [Leadership] Abuja -Nigeria will be saving about N300 billion it spends annually on importation of rice as local production of the commodity has now reached 15 million metric tonnes, the federal ministry of Agriculture disclosed yesterday.
- DMO Raises N5.2 Billion From FGN Savings Bond in 5 Months [Leadership] Lagos -The Debt Management Office (DMO) has in the past five months raised N5.15 billion through federal government's savings bond which it launched in March this year.
- Ini Edo Allegedly Did Boob Job, Breast Enlargement Surgery Amidst Brazilian Butt Lift Scandal [PHOTOS]
- Photo News: Jigan Ijewuru Cardozo, Bidemi Kosoko, Mr Latin Spotted On Baba Oja Movie Set In Ikorodu
- Yul Edochie Steps Out With Campaign Manager In Preparation For Anambra Governorship Election
- Videos: Ramsey Nouah, 2face, Funke Akindele, Olamide, AY Join Western Lotto Promotion Crew
- Bigval Jokotoye Steps Out With Wife & Baby Daughter [PHOTOS]
- Owambe Ready Couple, Akin Olaiya & Wife Pose For Fans [PHOTOS]
- Monalisa Chinda Under Fire Over Insensitive Comment About African Men
- Odunlade Adekola Finally Responds To Paternity Scandal, See What He Said
- Nigerian Actor Mustapha Sholagbade Who Dumped Girlfriend To Marry American Lover Cursed By Jilted Lover
- Nollywood Actress Cossy Orjiakor Goes Broke, Becomes A Stripper
- Boys Are Not Smiling Nollywood Movie: Uche Jombo Gets Copyright Certificate For New TV Series
- MKO Abiola & Jab Adu Produced One Of The Best Nigerian Movies Ever – Eddie Ugbomah
- Stolen Vow Nollywood Movie By Uche Ogbodo Set For London Premiere
- Boko Haram Kills 16, Injures 82 In Suicide Bomb Attack In Konduga Borno State
- C&S Prophet Who Buried Human Body Parts At Church Entrance In Sango Ota Ogun State Arrested [PHOTOS]
- Native Doctor Disappears As Police Arrest Man With Human Head In Imota Lagos
- Man Arrested For Stealing Garri At Marian Market Calabar Escapes Jungle Justice
- Nigerian Girl Used As Human Sacrifice In Iwaya Yaba Lagos Shrine, 10 Suspected Killers Arrested
- Drama As Crazy Woman Used Leg To Break Into Chemist Shop In Abuja
- Woman Arrested For Killing Her Newborn Baby In Nasarawa State Confesses
- Nigerian Air Force Officer Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Girlfriend, Female Colleague
- Assassins Attack EFCC Head Office In Wuse Abuja, Drop Death Threat Note For Senior Investigator
- Jilted Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Stabbed German Girlfriend 50 Times Faces Life Imprisonment
- South African Man Kills Teacher Wife In Front Of Her Primary School Pupils
- Video & Photos: Niger Delta Militants Visit Nnamdi Kanu, Unveil Newly Trained Biafran Soldiers
- Poor Farmers Protest As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Village, Destroy Crops
- Twitter Reacts: 300 Dead, 600 Missing After Sierra Leone Mudslide In the early hours of Monday morning, heavy rain struck Sierra Leone’s capital city of Freetown. Although the country is prone to flooding, no one could have predicted the devastation that these particular floods would bring. As heavy flooding persisted, thought to be the worst in Africa over the past two decades, a devastating mud [&hellip...
- Nigeria: 9Mobile to escape full repayment of $1.2 billion debt In the latest development of the ever changing story of 9Mobile, formerly Etisalat Nigeria, the consortium of 12 banks involved in the $1.2 billion 9Mobile loan – a loan the firm took out four years ago; however, failed to repay due to a currency...
- Women catching up to men on eWallet usage via FNB App The latest data published by FNB eWallet Solutions has revealed that women are catching up to men when it comes to cashing in on the convenience of sending and receiving money via eWallet on the FNB App. The data shows that in the six months to June 2017 the...
- Taking a closer look at the BlackBerry KEYone BlackBerry, part of TCL Communication, in partnership with Vodacom has revealed the latest BlackBerry device to hit retail stores across South Africa, the BlackBerry KEYone. The BlackBerry KEYone is focused on strength, speed and security and is expected to...
- Gartner: Global Information Security Spending Will Reach $86.4 Billion in 2017 Gartner has predicted that the worldwide spending on information security products and services will reach $86.4 billion in 2017. The company has highlighted that this is an increase of 7 per cent over 2016 and spending is expected to grow even more in 2018...
- Shocking Research Reveals Your Browsing Habits Are Never Anonymous The internet is a wonderful tool and has truly paved the way for the information age we currently find ourselves immersed in. In this age, we find ourselves constantly craving to be in the loop and we want that information at the speed of a click. So where do...
- Top 3 Megatrends That Will Drive Digital Business The Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies report, which is Gartner’s longest-running annual report, identified Artificial intelligence (AI) everywhere, transparently immersive experiences and digital platforms as the trends that will provide unrivalled...
- IT News Africa CEO Joins Accenture Innovation Index Panel IT News Africa CEO, Abe Wakama will sit on the Accenture Innovation Index Panel on the 21st of August 2017. The Accenture Innovation Index creates a national benchmark for innovation in South Africa. It provides businesses and policymakers with an...
- Nigeria: EFCC Arrest 100 Students for Various Cybercrimes According to a report by Nigerian Communications Week, over 100 undergraduates of tertiary institutions across the Southwest of Nigeria have been detained for various cybercrimes by the Ibadan Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission...
- UPDATE: Grace Mugabe assault triggers Twitter frenzy Zimbabwe’s first lady, Grace Mugabe has handed herself over to the police after she allegedly assaulted a twenty-year-old model with an extension cord in Sandton, Johannesburg on Sunday evening. The model was visiting Mugabe’s two sons, Robert jr...
- These Are Africa’s Top 10 Internet Titans Internet growth and digital transformation go hand-in-hand both in Africa as well as globally. In order for a country to keep up with the digital revolution, more commonly known as the fourth industrial revolution, it needs to ensure that the majority of the...
- Digital Care Management Solution to showcase New Capabilities at HISA2017 Care Software Solutions Ltd, the South African owned, UK based software company behind the innovative digital care management system, Zuri, will showcase the software’s new features and abilities as part of the Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa,...
- Vodacom Business launches Virtual CIO to support SMME’s Vodacom Business has launched Virtual CIO, a service that provides a suite of IT support to SMMEs. The service offers monitoring, telephonic and onsite IT support to businesses which do not require full-time resources or are unable to afford these services....
- South Africa: e-Commerce to boost economic growth Entrepreneurship and Small, Medium and Micro-sized Enterprises (SMME’s) are the catalyst to achieving economic growth and development in South Africa. This is according to the South African Government which has prioritised their advancement. Kevin Tucker,...
- Kenyan social media users warned Kenyan social media users have been warned against making statements that may be a threat to security. Users were informed that security forces will arrest those sharing messages or information deemed inflammatory. The government confirmed that there have...
- NBK, WorldRemit partner to offer instant money transfers to Kenya Digital money transfer service, WorldRemit, and the National Bank of Kenya (NBK) have launched a partnership to enable Kenyans living abroad to make instant transfers home. WorldRemit users can now make instant bank deposits to NBK accounts held in both...