Welcome. Nairaland for Nigerians & Friends.
||Nigerian Statistics Monitor
|2000 ||2019 ||Change ||2050
|123,945,463 ||200,962,417 ||62.1 % ||391,296,754
|Population by state|
|4||Abuja ||3,000,000 |
|University Rankings - by Number of Applicants this year|
|1||University of Ilorin|
|2||University of Benin|
|3||Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria|
|4||University of Nigeria, Nsukka|
|5||Bayero University, Kano|
|6||Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka|
|7||University of Lagos|
|8||University of Ibadan|
|9||Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife|
|10||University of Jos|
- ‘Dumping passengers in Ghana was to embarrass FG’ Instead of thinking of alternate airport within Nigeria where visibility is good for landing, these foreign carriers took the ...
- What To Expect From The Markets This Week- 240220 For a mono-product economy with little to no savings for rainy days, Nigeria is exposed to a downside risk of global crude ...
- Abacha loot: Malami reacts as US opposes Buhari govt’s ‘plan’ to hand Atiku $100m Nigeria’s Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has dismissed United States’ reported opposition to ...
- US secretary of state heads to Africa after long absence Gen. Dagvin Anderson said Thursday. Also raising concerns is the Trump administration's announcement last month that it will ...
- ‘Desist from money laundering’, UK warns Nigerian students as it freezes 95 accounts “It stressed its resolve to take more concrete steps against the activities of money launderers, saying this is prompted by ...
- Metro Abacha loot: U.S., Nigeria disagree – Newtelegraph A fresh diplomatic hostility is currently brewing between Nigeria and the United States’ over the return of $100 million, ...
- Vacancy Technical Account Manager at Oracle Nigeria -Justjobsng Oracle Nigeria provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more ...
- Nigeria Will Get 1st Batch of JF-17 Thunders from Pakistan This Year Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is set to deliver the first batch of JF-17 Thunder multirole fighter aircraft to Nigeria later this ...
- Buhari: Border closure has helped to reduce influx of illegal arms According to a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, Buhari explained ...
- Buratai bags Assets Newspaper Man of the year award Sagir Musa, in a statement on Friday in Abuja, said the award was in recognition of his contributions to the fight against ...
- NNPC staff reveals how she normalized Blood Pressure, improved blood circulation without medications [SPONSORED] But unfortunately, most of these drugs are harmful and have a dangerous side effect on you. I know this because; I have tried ...
- Nigeria Clears Hurdle for Africa’s Second-Biggest Hydro Plant Bloomberg
- Nigeria asks U.S. to remove it from visa restriction list Reuters
- Nigerian migrants in Sicily build an Afrobeats scene Quartz Africa
- U.S. Opposes Nigeria Plan to Hand Looted Funds to Governor Bloomberg
- Nigeria to Protect Coast Against 200,000-Ton Annual Waste Dump Bloomberg
- Nigerian Governor Demands 100,000 Troops to Quell Insurgency Bloomberg
- Nigeria's broken education system turns to edtech startups uLesson Quartz Africa
- EU Plans to Impose Visa Restrictions on Nigerians SchengenVisaInfo.com
- World Bank Approves $2.2 Billion for Projects in Nigeria Bloomberg
- Binance and Others Are Rushing to Provide Stablecoins to Nigerian Crypto Users CoinDesk
- A Nigerian Christian Girl Is Still Missing. We Must Bring Her Home RealClearPolitics
- Trump's travel ban ignores the Nigerian success story San Francisco Examiner
- US opposes Nigeria's plan to hand Kebbi governor $100m from Abacha loot Guardian
- Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: February 8–14 Council on Foreign Relations
- Does the Kenya-US free trade deal signal Nigeria’s fall from grace? The Africa Report
- Nigeria Making Its Mark on the English Language Council on Foreign Relations
- Nigeria's state oil company and partners spent $360 million on Delta cleanup: NNPC Reuters
- Kidnapped Nigerian priest has been released Catholic Herald Online
- Nigeria to Address Security Issues That Led to Visa Restrictions The New York Times
- Central State, Nigerian government teaming up to train researchers, academics WHIO
- Nigeria to Review Privatization of Power Assets After Supply Fails to Improve Bloomberg
- IMF Cuts Nigerian Growth Forecast on Coronavirus Oil Impact Bloomberg
- Nigeria: 3 Myths about the FinTech Sector The Africa Report
- Lookman open to Super Eagles, but should Nigeria want him? Goal.com
- After VCs spend millions Nigeria restricts ride-hail motorbike taxis TechCrunch
- CSU partnering with Nigerian government Xenia Gazette
- Nigeria May Be Part Of Trump's Travel Ban, But Nigerians Tend To Trust Trump NPR
- Caught between roadblocks, they were sitting ducks for Boko Haram massacre CNN
- Dust Haze May Disrupt Flights in Nigeria Until End of February Bloomberg
- 'Mysterious' seasons harm Nigeria's farmers who need help with climate change Climate Home
- Nigeria: Military razes villages as Boko Haram attacks escalate Amnesty International
- Mobile Data, new cancer In Nigeria Vanguard
- Assessing IMF's Article IV consultation to Nigeria CNBCAfrica.com
- Nigeria: Land rights, not currency restrictions, will lift milk output The Africa Report
- Nigeria's Border Land Closure: President Roch Kabore visits Aso Rock Guardian
- Privatisation opened up Nigeria's power sector, diversified economy, says Eko Electric's George Etomi CNBCAfrica.com
- Nigeria court frees scores of Shiites News24
- Nancy Milholland: U.S. can no longer ignore Nigerian genocide Madison.com
- Trump trashes Nigeria and bans its immigrants. Nigerians love him for it. The Washington Post
- Reading family helping victims of Nigerian sex trafficking BBC News
- Nigeria's commercial hub experiences disruption following ban on Keke and Okada CNN
- Nigeria assistant coach: NFF boss defends Joseph Yobo appointment BBC News
- Nigeria ‘Blindsided’ by Trump Travel Ban, Its Top Diplomat Says The New York Times
- Nigeria's tomato shortfall: What's the way forward? Nairametrics
- Suspected Boko Haram Fighters Kill at Least 30 in Nigeria The New York Times
- Africa Roundup: Trump’s Nigeria ban, Paga’s acquisition and raises, Flutterwave’s $35M and Sendy’s $20M TechCrunch
- Nigeria maritime agency to introduce automated ship registration Ventures Africa
- Nigeria: Death toll from Lassa fever outbreak jumps to 70 Al Jazeera English
- Italian judge puts Nigerian businessman on trial in oil graft case Reuters
- Nigerian Couple ‘Heartbroken’ As Families Face Indefinite Visa Ban Houston Public Media
- From despair to wail, Nigeria's power sector remains in shambles Guardian Nigeria
- Arsenal’s Saka can still play for Nigeria, says Adegoke Guardian
- Letter from Africa: The 'leopard unit', vigilantes and Nigeria's kidnap crisis BBC News
- Nigeria Seen Unable to Avert Naira Devaluation Past 2021 Bloomberg
- 'As each day passes, the chances of evacuation slip by.' The Nigerian students 'abandoned' in Wuhan CNN
- Ukrainian citizen kidnapped in pirate attack on vessel in Nigeria Kyiv Post
- Nigeria is becoming Africa's unofficial tech capital TechCrunch
- 2021 Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria 'finally' pick venue for March qualifier BBC News
- Nigeria: 2020 could be Shell's year of reckoning Amnesty International
- Nigeria's tuk-tuk vehicle ban sparks chaos CNN
- Armed Herdsmen Kill 30 in Northern Nigeria’s Kastina State Bloomberg
- Boxing news: Anthony Joshua not in Las Vegas for Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury 2, visiting Nigeria instead talkSPORT.com
- Inflation and corruption rattle Nigeria's economy Global Voices
- Nigeria grapples with formidable tax collection challenge Financial Times
- More Cameroonian refugees flee to Nigeria, bringing total arrivals close to 60000 mark UNHCR
- Airbus Nears Deal With Nigerian Airline for About 50 A220s The Wall Street Journal
- Woman who says she was trafficked from Nigeria wins court challenge The Irish Times
- Trump’s travel ban could extend to Africa’s top tech country, Nigeria TechCrunch
- We talked to the man behind that Nigerian Pete Buttigieg fan account. It's not Lis Smith. Mother Jones
- Over 12,000 Nigerians moved to Canada in 2019 Quartz Africa
- How Nigeria’s police used telecom surveillance to lure and arrest journalists CPJ Press Freedom Online
- Nigerians in New York Worry Expanded Travel Ban Will Hurt Family Ties The New York Times
- Nigeria and the Oxford English Dictionary 'rub minds' Reuters
- Prepare for electricity tariff hike, TCN tells Nigerians The Punch
- Nigeria rounding up journalists for exposing corruption Amsterdam News
- Polio-Nigeria leaves no stone unturned, targets over 55 million children in house-to-house nationwide campaign CNBCAfrica.com
- Nigeria's latest position in the Fifa World Rankings revealed Goal.com
- Nigeria's commercial hub bans motorcycle taxis, leaving commuters stranded CNN
- Evaluating Nigeria's border policy 6 months on CNBCAfrica.com
- UK cautious Nigerian students against money launderingNigeria Guardian
- Lassa fever outbreak kills dozens in Nigeria Al Jazeera English
- W. Africa Crude-More Nigerian programmes emerge Reuters Africa
- I’m a Queer Nigerian. It’s Hard to Find a Church Community. The New York Times
- Two Nigerians receive global recognition at Annual Awards Guardian Nigeria
- World Bank approves Nigeria’s identity project, five others Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria Plans to Unveil First Made-in-Nigeria Phone in March Technext
- Bodies of two Nigerian Christians murdered by militants dumped together on roadside Barnabas Fund
- Nigeria: Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde spends 22.4% of budget on education The Africa Report
- Nigeria's Green Africa Airways signs MOU for 50 A220-300s ch-aviation
- Nigeria wants to postpone the Eco in regional currency set-back The Africa Report
- Nigeria Surprised by News of Possible U.S. Travel Restrictions Bloomberg
- Insurgency: Nigeria to partner Republic of Korea, Egypt for regional peace Vanguard
- Armed gang kills at least 30 in northwest Nigeria, police say Reuters
- Nigeria makes anti-corruption moves amid criticism over progress Financial Times
- Joseph Yobo: Former Nigeria captain appointed as assistant coach BBC News
- Qiagen TB blood test gets thumbs up in Nigeria LabPulse
- Flights to Lagos Diverting to Ghana Due to Faulty Equipment, Poor Visibility Bloomberg
- 'Drug shortage imminent if Coronavirus epidemic persists' | The Guardian Nigeria News Guardian
- Nigeria’s Biggest City Bans Motorbike Taxis in Boost to Uber Bloomberg
- Scrap dealers declare strike over alleged exploitation by mills Guardian Nigeria
- Tokyo 2020: Nigeria, 35 others for Taekwondo qualifiers World Taekwondo (WT) Africa has confirmed Nigeria and 35 others for the continental Olympic Qualification Tournament on February 20 to 23 in Rabat, Morocco. Also, former President of former ...
- Investment in Nigeria’s oil and gas suffers highest decline in three years – Report Investment into Nigeria’s oil and gas sector has suffered the worst decline in the last three years, The Nation has learnt. According to a research report put together by Prof. Adeola Adenikinju ...
- You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production Although the price of a bag of rice is up to almost N20,000 per bag, local production has ensured that Nigerians will be able to get it at a far cheaper rate. Reports indicate that an increased rice ...
- Life - Healthy living and life tips For many job seekers, the “Do you have any questions for me?” portion of an interview signals the end is near. It’s tempting to just say “no” and get out of the hot seat as quickly as ...
- Nigeria makes case for youths in Qatar Nigeria’s cultural diplomacy received a big boost at this year’s Annual General Meeting of Global Public Diplomacy Network (GPDNetwork) held in Doha, Qatar. Nigeria’s Youth Cultural Club ...
- Man Commits Suicide By Hanging As Girlfriend He Trained In School Dumps Him - Crime (12) Till date I have not seen any man that successfully sponsor a girl through tertiary education and ended up marrying her !!! It's not possible , it can't happen ..either you marry her and impregnate ...
- My Brother Was Not Assassinated, He Was Killed By Govt – Late Doctor’s Sister I really have some questions to ask them (police)” she disclosed. Informationng.com reports that Ojia and the late Irawo founded a medical consultancy firm, Quick Medical Consults which offers ...
- JA Nigeria hosts NYSC members for 2020 venture in management program Twenty years after the first Venture in Management Program (ViMP) class was inaugurated by Junior Achievement Nigeria (JA Nigeria) in a partnership with Lagos Business School (LBS), 50 selected ...
- Coronavirus: ‘Nigeria Should go beyond diagnosis to finding curative drugs’ The Winner of the 2019 edition of the African Union(AU) Kwame Nkrumah Awards for Scientific Excellence Regional Awards for Outstanding Achievements, spoke in her office at the Chrisland University, ...
- Visa ban on Nigeria temporary, says U.S. envoy The visa ban placed on Nigeria and other countries was a temporary measure, the United States (U.S.) said on Tuesday as the U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, Mary Leonard, said the issue could be ...
- Corps members who got married in Kano explained why they rushed their wedding BAYO WAHAB Muhammad Musa and Hauwa Bagudu, two corps members, who recently tied the knot in Kano state have explained why they took the decision to hasten their marriage. Musa, a young Afo man from Nasarawa ...
- Coronavirus: WHO places Nigeria at high-risk of economic damage THE World Health Organisation (WHO) has placed Nigeria at high-risk in global economic damage, following the outbreak of the Coronavirus in China, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC ...
- How to make Nigeria work Prominent Nigerians gathered at the Agip Hall of Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos, to proffer solutions that could make the nation ...
- ‘Neighboring countries sabotaging Nigeria’s cashew export’ Association of Cashew Farmers, Aggregators and Processors of Nigeria (ACFAP) have alleged that neighbouring countries have been sabotaging Nigeria’s cashew export and taking credit for cashew ...
- We’ll lift visa ban on Nigeria if…- US The United States has declared that the visa ban placed on Nigeria and other countries was a temporary measure. The US Ambassador to Nigeria, Mary Leonard, said the visa ban could be resolved ...
- JUST IN: I’ll ensure no hiding place for corrupt persons in Nigeria – Buhari Buhari who was the Reviewing Officer at the Passing out Parade of the 281 Detective Inspectors expressed delight that, with the right policies put in place to fight corruption, Nigeria is winning ...
- Nigeria faces drugs shortage due to Coronavirus, NAFDAC warns The agency boss, Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, said India which Nigeria depends on for a greater percentage of its drug imports, has already been hit by the ravaging effects of the virus. India buys ...
- InformationNG: Well deserved Arsenal, now Celebrate! The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), has stated that Nigeria is at a very... Football is an enigma. Just few weeks back, rivals alike were taunting Arsenal ...
- States Partner with U.S. Development Agency to Multiply Effective Investments in the Nation's Future [allAfrica] Lagos -C.D. Glin, the CEO of the United States African Development Foundation, an independently operated Washington D.C.-based organization, mandated and funded by the U.S. Congress was in Kebbi and Lagos states this month to consult with Nigerian partners. Ben Ezeamalu, who heads the Lagos office of AllAfrica media partner Premium Times, caught up with Glin in Lagos to ask about his visit.
- BREAKING - Investigative Journalist Fisayo Soyombo Donates Cash Prize to Free Prisoners [allAfrica] Cape Town -Fisayo Soyombo has donated the N500,000 he won from the People Journalism Prize for Africa 2019 to help in the release of inmates awaiting trial.
- Are Doctors Justified for Leaving? [Nigeria Health Watch] Editor's Note: A U.S news politics report that recently trended online showed how Nigerian immigrants have carved a niche in the United States as highly skilled workers. The numbers are impressive, with Nigerians ranking highest in the percentage of immigrants with a bachelor's degree, at 59%. The applause for this is commendable, yet it also means that as a country Nigeria is consistently and increasingly exporting its skilled workforce to other climes. In this week's Thought Leadership
- LSETF, U.S. Foundation to Train Youths on Trade Skills [Daily Trust] Lagos -The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF), in partnership with the United States African Development Foundation (USADF), has awarded grants to 11 Vocational Training Centres (VTCs) under the LSETF-USADF Employability Programme.
- Police to Spend N400 Million Annually On Pensioners [Premium Times] The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Pensions Ltd has set aside N400 million annually to cushion the effects of delayed payment of pension benefits to police retirees.
- Educational Transformation - Heeding the Voices of Those We Serve [Premium Times] As they tell, me time after time, they are the ones in our schools who are undergoing the current educational system, and whatever reforms that need to be carried out should be done with their input immersed within it.
- Police Kill 'Notorious' Kidnapper, Rescue Victim in Katsina [Premium Times] The Katsina State Police Command has killed an alleged notorious kidnapper, Abubakar Nayabale, and arrested another, Tanimu Salisu in Kurfi Local Government Area of the state.
- NYSC Offers Free Medical Treatment to 1,000 in Niger [Vanguard] The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has offered free medical treatment to 1,000 residents of Maikusidi community and environs in Wushishi Local Government Area (LGA) of Niger.
- FG Highlights Dangers in the Use of Pirated Software [This Day] The federal government has warned against the use of pirated software by Nigerians, and listed the associated dangers in such devices.
- Borno Vaccinates 2.1 Million Children Against Polio [Premium Times] Borno State Government on Friday said it has vaccinated more than 2.1 million children against polio in the just concluded Immunisation Plus Day exercise in the state.
- Appoint More Supreme Court Justices, Reps Urge Govt [Premium Times] The federal government has been urged to appoint more justices to the Supreme Court in order to accelerate the determination of cases and dispensation of justice.
- Leverage Technology to Play in 4th Industrial Revolution, MAN Told [Vanguard] The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, (MAN) has been advised to leverage on Smart technology for the country to be a player in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Partner Mobile Unveils New Smartphone [This Day] Partner Mobile, a smartphone brand, has launched the Evolution 1 (EV1) smartphone into the Nigerian market.
- How Kano Contained Its Current Lassa Fever Outbreak [Nigeria Health Watch] It was the last day of 2019. Everyone, including health workers at Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH), the largest healthcare facility in Kano State, looked forward to the New Year.
- Facebook Improves Learning Outcomes in Edo [Daily Trust] Benin -Facebook is working with the Edo State Government to increase access to online training for 2,000 local teachers through Workplace for Good programme.
- Rivers State Remains My Top Priority - Wike [Vanguard] Port Harcourt -Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, has reiterated his commitment to the development of the state, saying that Rivers State remains his top priority at all time.
- Boko Haram - Inter-Faith Clerics Embark On Church-Mosque Love Campaign, Solicits Support for Military [Vanguard] In a bid to defeat Boko Haram ideology while also canvassing support for the Nigerian military, an inter-faith group is embarking on love campaigns to churches and mosques across the country.
- Executive Order No 5, Buhari's Height of Respect for Nigerian Engineers - Onu [Vanguard] Port Harcourt -Nigeria's Minister of Science and Technology, Ogbonnaya Onu has said the creation of Presidential Executive Order No. 5 underscores the measure of respect and value President Mohammadu Buhari places on Nigerian professionals, especially engineers.
- Rivers Fuel Strike Aborted As Wike Intervenes [Vanguard] Port Harcourt -Normalcy is creeping in Rivers state as disputing parties yesterday aborted four days of fuel tanker drivers and marketers strike which had unsettled transportation, forced hike in fares and dealt untold hardship on motorists and commuters.
- YPP Petitions NASS, Seeks Electoral Reforms, Restructuring [Vanguard] Young Progressives Party, YPP, yesterday, petitioned the National Assembly (NASS) over what it described as the rising poverty in the country, widespread insecurity and political uncertainty.
- Nigeria Needs Assistance in Hi-Tech to Address Insecurity, Lawan Tells Finland Govt [Vanguard] Abuja -President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan, yesterday told the Finland government that Nigeria was going through serious security challenges including kidnapping, armed banditry that require the application of technology to overcome.
- PDP Insists On Oshiomhole's Arrest - Odili [Vanguard] Abuja -The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, yesterday expressed worry by federal government's delay in arresting the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Adams Oshiomhole, for allegedly "inciting the attack on Justice Mary Odili over the Supreme Court's Judgment on the Bayelsa state governorship election."
- Govt Calls for Tolerance, Peaceful Coexistence Among Nigerians [Vanguard] The Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Mrs Pauline Tallen, has urged Nigerians to love, tolerate and live peacefully with one another.
- Buratai Expresses Confidence in Troops Ability to End Insurgency [Vanguard] The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has commended troops of Operation Lafiya Dole (OPLD) for their recent feat in the ongoing counter insurgency operations in the north east.
- Sacked Bayelsa Deputy Governor Denies Forging Certificate [Premium Times] The sacked deputy governor-elect of Bayelsa State, Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo, has said he did not forge any of his certificates.
- Obasanjo Calls for Unity Among Nigerians [Daily Trust] Former Nigeria's President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has called on Nigerians to always see themselves as agents of unity as the country navigates the security challenges troubling it.
- UNILAG Ex-Lecturer Jailed 21 Years for Raping Admission Seeker [Premium Times] An Ikeja High Court on Thursday sentenced a former part-time lecturer in the University of Lagos, Akin Baruwa, to 21 years' imprisonment for raping an 18-year-old admission seeker.
- DMO Urges States to Imbibe Debt Management Strategies [This Day] The Director-General of the Debt Management Office (DMO), Ms. Patience Oniha, has urged state governments and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to prioritise debt management strategies to enable them better manage, access debt and service debt.
- Nigeria Has No Data On Migration - ILO [Vanguard] The International Labour Organisation, ILO, yesterday in Lagos, stressed the importance of statistics to migration, saying member countries must have reliable labour statistics for effective implementation of the relevant labour migration policies, laws and certification programmes with ILO's convention.
- No Lassa Fever in Niger, Govt Declares [Vanguard] Niger State Government, yesterday dismissed insinuation of outbreak of Lasa Fever in the state, insisting that there was no case of Lassa Fever recorded in the state.
- Towards an end to bilateral air bazaar
- Customs intercepts smuggled rice in gas cylinders
- Shippers Council, Customs partner to ensure compliance to e-Platform
- Kenya, South Africa more concerned about cyber attacks than Nigeria, others
- Sanofi announces AfricaTech 2020 challenge, calls for entries
- Market rebounds as financial stocks lift index by 0.17%
- ‘Power infrastructure concession will solve embedded challenges’
- Institute, others seek improved tax system to enhance revenue
- Lagos to unveil e-platform for informal sector tax regularisation
- Bears sustain dominance as prices of major stocks dip
- Recapitalisation, micro-insurance hold key to sector’s growth
- Price stability, domestic content czar reigns
- Reforming microfinance to alleviate poverty, foster national development
- Small businesses still go global
- Tokyo stocks close up more than 2%
- ‘Backward integration yielding results’
- NAPTIP rescues victim of forced labour in Egypt
- Anyaoku canvasses mobilisation of capital market funds for infrastructure financing
- Bears sustain dominance as indices depreciate further by N9 billion
- NIA lauds government on Finance Act 2020
- Experts seek review of entire national budget
- A'Ibom community tackles Mobil over 'paltry' development grant
- UNEP Report: Ogoni accuse Buhari of being slow on implementation
- Nigeria to kick off gas flare commercialisation from 45 sites
- ‘Safety campaigns to address electrical accidents, tampering’
- British Airways apologises, explains why Nigerians were abandoned in Ghana
- ‘How British Airways abandoned over 300 Nigerians in Accra’
- ‘How British Airways abandoned over 300 Nigerians in Accra’
- Experts allay fear of naira devaluation in 2020
- Nigeria to raise sanctions against importers of sub-standard products
- Africa is resurging, AfDB tells global investors
- Access Bank launches new payments platform
- ERGP, a paradigm shift in economic management
- Sokoto establishes micro-finance bank, disburses N1bn soft loan
Sokoto State government has disbursed an interest-free loan of N1 billion to traders and artisans in the state. The disbursement
- Politicians plotting violence in Bayelsa over S’Court verdict – IYC
Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa The Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) worldwide, has hinted of a plot by disgruntled politicians to visit Bayelsa
- Oyo LG crisis: Mixed reactions as parties make progress in an out-of-court settlement
Oluseye Ojo, Ibadan Indications emerged yesterday that the end may be in sight for the leadership crisis rocking the local
- NHRC condemns attack on judges over court rulings
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has condemned the growing culture of attack on judges and the Judiciary over judgments
- Nigeria almost self-sufficient in food production –Buhari
Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja President Muhammadu Buhari has declared that Nigeria is almost self-sufficient in food production. This is even as
- Kano: Sanusi floors Ganduje as Court quashes fraud charges against Emir
Desmond Mgboh, Kano A Federal High Court in Kano State has nullified the preliminary report of the Kano State Public
- Over 1,600 patients benefit from Mrs. Ugwuanyi’s free medical outreach in Enugu
Over one thousand, six hundred patients in Enugu State, have benefited from the free medical outreach launched by the pet-project
- Broadcast industry: FG not out to gag Nigerians – NBC
Aidoghie Paulinus, Abuja The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), yesterday, said the new broadcasting regulations were not intended to gag Nigerians
- Shiites jubilate as court frees 92 El-Zakzaky’s followers
Noah Ebije, Kaduna There was jubilation yesterday by followers of Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, as a court in Kaduna freed members
- Panic in Ekiti as armed herdsmen invade community
Priscilla Ediare, Ado-Ekiti There was panic in Emure-Ekiti, Ekiti state on Thursday night when at least 10 herdsmen allegedly armed
- Eko Hotels unveils Tropical Xmas Wonderland
- Estate focus: Efab Estate, Abuja
Efab Estate is located in Lokogoma Abuja, but has now spread to other parts of the nation’s capital. Lokogoma (or
- IFMA partners AETI on building, sustainable facility management
The Facility Management Industry in Nigeria is set to witness a major turnaround as two leading organisations, International Facility Management
- Insecurity bane of real estate business in Abuja –Osatuyi
Simeon Mpamugoh An Abuja -based real estate manager, Sunday Osatuyi, has expressed concern over growing insecurity in the country, saying
- Ira Nla Ajah residents lament blocked access road
Maduka Nweke and Chinwendu Obienyi Residents under the aegis of Property Owners Residents Association (PORA) at Ira Nla community in
- Alaro City: Lagos to build 500 middle income housing project
Maduka Nweke The Lagos State Government has said its targeting Alaro City to become a veritable model for PPPs in
- BUA Cement, UCAP lift NSE ASI by 0.17%
Chinwendu Obienyi Nigeria’s stock market recorded the first gain of the week as the All-Share Index (ASI) of the Nigerian
- OML 98: Pan Ocean, other stakeholders’ equity ‘ll be protected –DPR
Adewale Sanyaolu The Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Engr.Sarki Auwalu, has assured
- Marine litters, plastic pollution threatening food security, economy –NIMASA
Steve Agbota As waste becomes a global concern in the seas and oceans, the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) has said that
- NIRSAL facilitates N102bn loans, creates 400,000 jobs for farmers
Adetutu Folasade-Koyi, Abuja The Nigerian Incentive-Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending, (NIRSAL), says it has facilitated over N102 billion
- CBN to create 10m jobs in 5 years
George Onyejiuwa, Owerri The Central Bank of Nigeria has said that it would create about ten million jobs in five
- We’ll achieve 80% financial inclusion target by 2020 –FG
- Nigeria sliding into anarchy –Bishop Isong, Pfn Scribe
Bishop Emmah Isong is National Publicity Secretary, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, and President, Christian Central Chapel International, CCCI, Calabar,
- Let North forget 2023 Presidency –Ex-Kaduna Gov. Muktar Yero
Former governor of Kaduna State and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Muktar Ramalan Yero, has said that what
- Edo, Ondo guber: INEC warns APC, PDP, others against acrimonious primaries
Romanus Ugwu, Abuja The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has fixed June 2 to 27 and July 2 to 25
- Ijaw youths warn politicians plotting violence in Bayelsa over S’Court verdict
Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa The Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) Worldwide has hinted of a plot by disgruntled politicians to visit
- Maligning my name sacrilegious, Oshiomhole warns Wike
Romanus Ugwu, Abuja The All Progressives Congress (APC), national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has described the attempt by the governor
- APC relying on unorthodox means to takeover Bayelsa governorship – PDP
Ndubuisi Orji, Abuja The People's Democratic Party ( PDP) has said that the All Progressives Congress (APC) is relying on
- Oluwo gets six months suspension
Clement Adeyi, Osogbo Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba Abdurosheed Akanbi, has bagged a six-month suspension over his alleged assault on
- INEC to determine date for Bayelsa senatorial bye-elections
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) said it will soon meet to determine the date for the conduct of bye-elections
- Edo, Ondo guber: INEC warns APC, PDP, others against conducting acrimonious primaries
Romanus Ugwu, Abuja The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has warned the All Progressives Congress (APC), the People's Democratic
- Bayelsa: When APC supporters drew battleline with Oshiomhole, Odili over judgement
Sunday Ani For the chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiuomhole, the recent removal of David Lyon by
- NSIA-LUTH cancer care centre commences operation
- Senator Buruji Kashamu’s myriads of crises
For burly politician and businessman, Senator Buruji Kashamu, he eats and breathes controversies. Due to his extravagant lifestyle, the controversial
- Billionaire mogul AbdulSamad Rabiu closes in on rival, Aliko Dangote
Aliko Dangote and Abdulsamad Rabiu. These two men share some similarities. First, they are billionaire moguls playing big in the
- Call me Dr. Love –Kasi, singer
Tony Ogaga If there is one thing you can’t take away from Tops Music First Lady, Mary Anuforo aka Kasi
- Why I delved into sex enhancement business –Aminat Ayeni
Celebrity aphrodisiac merchant, Aminat Eniola Ayeni is popularly known for her effective sex enhancers. In a chat with Inside Nollywood
- I’m still heartbroken –Ebun Hodo
Nollywood actress, Hodo Ebun, is still hurt and heartbroken. The thespian, who lamented not getting any gift during the last
- My grass to grace story –LHF
South Africa-based Nigerian artiste, Isaiah Okere popularly known as Lekki Hood Finest (LHF), has released his latest song, E Get
- Producers harassing me for sex – Mandy Obi
Curvaceous up and coming actress, Ujunwa Mandy Obi, has revealed to Inside Nollywood her challenges as a green horn in
- Inmates own narrative in stage play Prison Chronicles
Olamide Babatunde, Lagos In all the stories about the hustle and bustle of urban living, very few share the narratives
- How Sugar Rush became box office success
The movie, Sugar Rush has garnered a lot of engagements amongst movie lovers in Nigeria, especially with the positive conversations
- My life as stripper –Jean Great Natasha
Vera Wisdom-Bassey Jean Great Natasha is the CEO, Madam Titi Entertainment Academy, located in Port Harcourt, River State. She was
- February 22, Ford F-150, Mustang in Top ‘Vehicle Dependability’ Ranking
- February 22, Jaguar Land Rover Unveils Future of Urban Mobility
- February 22, Mercedes-Benz Comil Campione Invictus 1200 Unveiled
- February 22, Afro Essence Series 1 Collection Regalia
- February 22, Upfield Restates Commitment to Bilateral Ties
- February 22, Jaguar Land Rover Unveils Future of Urban Mobility
- February 22, Mercedes-Benz Comil Campione Invictus 1200 Unveiled
- February 22, Afro Essence Series 1 Collection Regalia
- February 22, Upfield Restates Commitment to Bilateral Ties
- February 22, Canon Rewards Winners of Initiative
- February 22, World’s Largest Bread to be Unveiled at Festival
- February 21, Access Bank Retells African Story through CNN’s Avant-Garde
- February 21, NSE Launches Comic Book to Promote Financial Literacy
- February 21, NSE All-Share Rises 0.17% as Market Rebounds after Days of Bear Run
- February 21, SystemSpecs to Host Industry Stakeholders
- February 21, 9mobile Deepens 4G Penetration Expands to 16 Cities
- February 21, SECCIMA Urges FG to Create Enabling Business Environment
- February 21, Promoting African Aviation
- February 21, As Inclement Weather Threatened Air Safety
- February 21, Reign of Pirates
- February 21, NCS, FOU Intercept Contrabands in Gas Cylinders
- February 21, MAN Partners Organisation to End Marine Pollution
- February 21, NCC, NIPOST to Sign MOU on e-Services
- February 21, Kwara Customs Seizes Items Worth N448m
- February 21, La Casera Restates Commitment to Consumer Satisfaction
- February 21, NIMN Makes Gbajabiamila Fellow
- February 21, Stakeholders Insist Extortion, Soliciting for Cash Compromise Airport Security
Youtube data use
|| 80MB|| 200MB