- FG approves enrolment of NYSC members into NHIS
- Group wants legislation on violence against women, children in Enugu
- CAN kicks against bill seeking to establish grazing agency in Edo
- Funding: Envoys says Amnesty Nigerians students in South Africa safe
- 28 ships laden with petrol, food items, others to arrive Lagos
- NIS reassures on availability of passport booklets
- FRSC warns motorists against abusing minister’s directive
- Aisha Buhari tasks youths on hard work, dedication to service
- PCRC urges increased training for police to tackle insecurity
- NDLEA arrests 280 drug suspects in Cross River
- There is no reason for recession in Nigeria — Asatola
- Raising funds through sukuk: The prospects, the drawbacks
- DISCOs, customers and the metering conundrum
- ‘Implementation of new presidential directives will break monopoly’
- Government should work for national interest —Enelamah
- 2017 budget: Trigger for Economic Recovery and Growth Plan
- Nigeria: Escaping from economic anxiety
- Nigerian development and effective tax administration
- FG policies stifling Nigerian airlines —Med-View boss
- Issuing project-related bonds will help fund 2017 budget deficit —Ogungbesan
- GCGT season 7 crowns Esther Benyeogo as winner
- Musicians speak on World Music Day
- Husband-snatching actress in fraud saga
- Drunk actor survives auto crash
- Get trained, dance has moved up, Lawal tells young dancers
- Nods as Uche Jumbo reacts to report of marriage crash
- 10 Days in Sun City lands AY Makun South African Government partnership
- ‘Alter Ego’ brings Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde back to action
- Why I said sharia affects cinema culture in Northern Nigeria —Actor Ali Nuhu
- Basketmouth, I Go Dye, Bovi, others spin yarns in Benin City
- Nigeria still hit by shortage of safe blood —Expert
- Harvest of hernia at Oyo’s free medical outreach
- Learn basic skills of palliative care, expert urges
- Good care in pregnancy, childbirth protective against autism —Expert
- FG to engage 200,000 community health workers nationwide
- Death from bleeding after childbirth still much in Nigeria —Minister
- Gov Okowa gives approval for launch of contributory health scheme in July
- Nkwegu, others bag African Child Prize 2017
- Education, not GDP, determines Africa’s wealth ―Expert
- Death from bleeding after childbirth still much in Nigeria —Minister
- Widows of Ogoni Leaders Killed By Abacha Sue Shell in Netherlands [Premium Times] The widows of four of nine men executed by Nigeria's military regime in 1995 have filed a civil lawsuit seeking compensation and an apology from Royal Dutch Shell.
- Buhari On Life Support - Says Governor Fayose [Guardian] Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose yesterday disclosed that the health situation of President Muhammadu Buhari has worsened, and that he has been on life support since June 6 at a West-End, London hospital.
- Govt Formally Declares Meningitis Outbreak Over [Premium Times] After the disease had caused about 1,166 deaths over 23 weeks in 25 states, the Nigerian government has finally declared the meningitis epidemic over in the country.
- Notorious Kidnapper Evans Sues Nigeria Police [Premium Times] Notorious kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, otherwise known as Evans, on Wednesday dragged the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, and three others before the Federal High Court in Lagos for alleged illegal detention.
- Security Agencies Search Ex-VP Namadi Sambo's House [Premium Times] Heavily armed security operatives on Wednesday raided the residence of a former vice president, Namadi Sambo, in Kaduna.
- Former Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Dies [Premium Times] A former governor of Taraba State, Danbaba Suntai, is dead.
- Govt Is Failing Us, University of Maiduguri Lecturers, Staff, Students Say [Premium Times] Trade unions in the University of Maiduguri have described the federal government as insensitive to the security threats by Boko Haram in the varsity, alleging that the government's inaction on the security situation was helping in giving boost to Boko Haram ideology.
- Afcon Qualifiers - Bafana Will Fall in South Africa, Pinnick Brags [Leadership] The president of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick has vowed to revenge Super Eagles' 2-0 loss to Bafana Bafana in the reverse leg of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nation (AFCON) qualifying group E match in South Africa.
- Top Crimes Commission Investigator Shot [Premium Times] A top investigator with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on June 24, 2017 escaped death by the whiskers when gunmen opened fire on him in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Spain Deports 23 for Drug, Immigration Offences [Daily Trust] Lagos -No fewer than 23 Nigerians were yesterday repatriated from Spain, five days after the deportation of 34 other Nigerians from six European countries.
- Lagos Govt to Appeal Court Order Halting Nigeria Slum Demolitions [Thomson Reuters Foundation] The Lagos state government has rejected a High Court ruling that it stop a programme of evictions on the city's waterfront that has left more than 30,000 Nigerian fishermen and their families homeless.
- Vigilante to Die By Hanging for Setting Goat Thief Ablaze [This Day] The Supreme Court has sentenced a member of a local vigilante group in Benue State, Moavega Igba, to death for killing one Kyernum Kervo 15 years ago for stealing goat meat.
- 72 Metric Tonnes of Yam Leave Nigeria for Europe, U.S. Today [Leadership] Efforts by the federal government to diversify the economy is beginning to yield results, as the federal government is set to export 72 metric tonnes of yam to Europe and the United States today.
- Police React to Boko Haram Video, Say Only Two Officers Missing [Premium Times] After it denied last week that none of its female personnel was abducted by Boko Haram insurgents during the ambush along Maiduguri-Biu road last week, the police in Borno State on Wednesday confirmed that two of its personnel, including one woman, are missing after the attack.
- Acting President Approves Appointment of 14 Heads of Tertiary Health Institutions [Premium Times] The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, has approved the appointment of 14 Chief Medical Directors and Medical Directors in Federal Teaching Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres and Specialty Hospitals in Nigeria.
- Keep Off Roads or Risk Shut Down, Lagos Govt Warns Traders [Premium Times] The Lagos State Government on Wednesday warned traders in the habit of displaying their wares on the road for sale beyond the confines of the market thereby causing traffic gridlock and other environmental nuisance to desist henceforth, otherwise markets where such illegal activities are perpetrated would be shut down till further notice.
- Meet the Nigerian Woman Who Survived 10 Days in Sahara Desert [Premium Times] A 22-year-old Nigerian woman attempting to migrate into Europe via the harsh Sahara Desert survived after being abandoned by traffickers for 10 days.
- Nigeria Extractive Industry Revenue Disclosure Hits U.S.$500 Billion [Guardian] The Nigerian extractive industry has so far disclosed $500 billion to the Federal Government since the inception of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
- Why We Amended 2017 Budget - House of Reps [Premium Times] The House of Representatives has said it amended the 2017 budget of the power, works and housing ministries because it was skewed in favour of a section of the country.
- Nine Nigerian Widows Sue Shell Over Hanging of Husbands By Abacha [Vanguard] Four Nigerian women are taking legal action in the Dutch courts against Anglo-Dutch oil giant Shell accusing it of complicity in the 1990s executions of their husbands by the Nigerian military, Amnesty International said Thursday.
- U.S. Accuses Nigeria of Using Child Soldiers [Vanguard] A United States 2017 Trafficking in Persons Report has accused Nigeria of involving children under the age of 18 in its military operations in "hostile environments."
- Meet Evans Lawyer, Ogungbeje, Known for 'Unpopular Cases' [Vanguard] Just when Nigerians thought no lawyer will step out to defend notorious billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike a.k.a. Evans, Voice Olukoya Ogungbeje has proven an exception.
- Activists, Political Leaders Call for Abolishment of Maltreatment of Widows [Vanguard] Human rights activists and political leaders in Nigeria have called for a concerted action aimed at abolishing all cultural and behavioural practices militating against the full exercise of the rights and privileges of widows in Nigeria. They spoke at the African Widows' Summit in commemoration of second International Widows Day, pioneered by the Felix King Foundation at the Best Western Hotel, Benin City, Edo State Nigeria.
- Why We Have Not Arraigned Evans - Police [Guardian] Reasons were given by the police high command this morning why billionaire kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans, decided to drag the Nigeria Police to court over his continuous detention.
- Nigeria Begins Yam Export to Europe [Daily Trust] The Federal Government will today formally flag off the export of yam to Europe, Agriculture Minister Audu Ogbe has said.
- President's Health - Fayose, Buhari Support Group in War of Words [Vanguard] Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, were yesterday engaged in a war of words over the health of President Muhammadu Buhari. While Fayose said President Buhari has been on a life-support devise since June 6, at a West-End Hospital in London, the Buhari Media Support Group, BMSG, dismissed his claim as a tissue of lies.
- Mop-Up Exam - JAMB Asks Candidates to Print Slip [Vanguard] Abuja -The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has directed candidates scheduled for mop-up examination to print their examination slip today 28th June, 2017.
- Gunmen Shoot EFCC Investigator in Port Harcourt [Daily Trust] Port Harcourt -A top investigator with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Austin Okwor has been shot by gunmen in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- CBN Lifts Foreign Exchange Market With $195 Million [Leadership] The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday announced an intervention in various segments of the inter-bank market to the tune of $195m. This is coming on the first day of transaction after the Eid-el-Fitr celebration, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) during which the Naira maintained a stable stance against the US Dollar.
- Boko Haram Terrorists Are Dying Men Trying to Survive, Buratai Insists [Leadership] Chief of Army Staff, (COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai yesterday said Boko Haram terrorists have been so decimated that what was being witnessed now was like the case of dying men trying to survive.
- Toronto-Based Nigerian Creates Nollywood Travel Film Festival, Meets Nominees In Ikoyi Lagos
- Omoni Oboli Disowns Dog In Family Photo Two Years After For Fear Of Being Called Out
- Tonto Dikeh Wears Hijab To Women For Women Conference In Abuja[PHOTOS]
- Tonto Dikeh’s Father Refunds Bride Price Kunle Churchill Paid To Her Family On Request
- Adesua Etomi: I’m Left Handed, My Mother Is A Pastor, I Sang In The Choir For 10 Years
- Adunni Ade Models For Emerging Fashion Brand Xclamations By Tomi Rotimi [PHOTOS]
- Photos: Patrick Doyle Becomes A Model Days After Wife Iretiola Left Him
- Lanre Gentry To Mercy Aigbe: I Don’t Care Anymore, If You Like Stay, If You Like Go
- Yvonne Jegede Fawole Flaunts Pregnancy Baby Bump..”She Is Expecting Twins” – Fans
- Mercy Johnson & Husband Bond With Kids At Family House In Ajah Lagos [PHOTOS]
- Amanda Ebeye: I’m Studying Film-making At Toronto Film School, ‘ll Return To Nigeria In 2018
- Lilian Esoro & Nadia Buari Named Golden Movie Award 2017 Ambassador
- Victor Eze Alika Is Dead: Nollywood Actor, Fuji House Of Commotion Star Dies Of Stroke
- Cameroon Deports 887 Nigerian Refugees Over Fear Of Boko Haram
- Evans Lawsuit Nullified As Police Has Warrant To Detain Him For 3 Months For Full Investigation
- Ikorodu Residents Demand Dethronement Of Oba Adewale Shotobi As Badoo Ritual Gang Kills 3
- Evans Benefactors Have Bribed Judges To Get Him Fair Trial & Escape Death – Insider
- Anambra State University, ANSU Final Year Student Caught Having S*x With Goat Confesses [VIDEO]
- Nigerian Blogger Murdered By Assassins Hired By Jilted Ex-Girlfriend In Bauchi, Stolen Car Recovered
- EFCC Investigator Shot By Hired Killers: Austin Okwor Escapes Assassination In Port Harcourt
- Eiye & Aiye Cult Clash In Akure: 3 Killed As Cultists Shoot Each Other In Ondo
- Evans Kidnap Victim Donatus Dunu Laments Release Of Informant, Says Life In Danger
- Father Abandons Kerosene Explosion Victim In Hospital After Family Forces Him To Marry The Dead
- 23 Nigerians Deported From Spain: 9 Handed To NDLEA, 2 To Police, Others Released
- Photos: Foursquare Pastor Excel Ogbeide Accused Of Demanding Sex From Female Employee
- Police Woman Who Tear Gassed, Poured Hot Soup On Housemaid In Ebonyi State Still Not Arrested
- The irresistible allure and unstoppable rise of the public cloud The International Data Corporation (IDC) forecasts that more than 80 percent of IT organisations will be committed to hybrid cloud architectures by the end of this year, vastly driving the rate and pace of change in organisations. In addition, its analysts predict that by 2018, at least half of IT spending will be cloud based, [&hellip...
- FNB banking app now free across all networks FNB today announced that customers who use its banking app will no longer need data to access it via their smartphones from 1 July 2017. This follows an agreement with all major mobile network operators in South Africa to zero rate access to the FNB Banking...
- 5 reasons to attend Healthcare Innovation Summit 2017 The 3rd edition of the Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa (#HISA2017) is set to take place on 29 and 30 August at Vodacom World in Midrand, Johannesburg. The two-day event will feature provocative panel discussions, interactive roundtable discussions and a...
- App Economy Worth $6.3 Trillion By 2021- Report App Annie, a world renowned app analytics company, has predicted that by 2021 the global app economy will be worth a staggering $6.3 trillion. The company made the revelation in their latest report titled The App Economy Forecast: $6 Trillion In New Value....
- Mwabu ushers in new era of education in SA Mwabu is set to shake up the local e-learning scene. The educational technology company recently launched its Mwabu Academy and innovative e-learning content in South Africa. The introduction of Mwabu’s enriched learning curriculum in South Africa has begun...
- Top 10 African Domain Name Systems Ranked In what can simply be described as the Internet’s equivalent of a phone book, Domain Name System (DNS) exists to maintain a directory of domain names and translate them to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. In other words, DNS is the Internet’s...
- Secure mobile banking apps set to deliver a broader range of services Banking apps on mobile phones, which use sophisticated security and authentication technology, are starting to offer a wider set of online transactional services to consumers. Fears about security are one of the last barriers to more widespread mobile...
- Malicious Attacks are the Most Frequent Cause of a Data Breach in South Africa The IBM Security Cost of Data Breach study, conducted by Ponemon Institute, found that the average cost of a data breach in South Africa is 32.36 million ZAR, a 12 percent increase since 2016. According to the study, these data breaches cost companies on...
- First international remit pay service launched in Ethiopia Mastercard and digital service provider Kifiya have partnered to introduce a digital solution that will ultimately allow citizens to pay for all bills in one location in Ethiopia. The partnership will impact millions of Ethiopian citizens living abroad, as...
- Google continues advances in AI and Machine Learning Google search has made some advances over the past years – from auto-complete, to image search and natural language understanding. which lets Google figure out what you want no matter how badly you spell it or how you phrase it. At their Google AI and...
- Africa’s First Fintech Building Tool Launched Koncart, a platform that empowers developers and technopreneurs to build their financial driven tech idea with ease, has recently been launched into the African Fintech sector. The platform enables Startup’s to quickly create and manage virtual wallets...
- Microsoft To Empower Nonprofits In Nigeria In an attempt to aid and accelerate the adoption of technology among Nonprofit organisations in Nigeria, Microsoft have reaffirmed their commitment to Nonprofits by providing them with the necessary technology which will enable them to find more creative ways...
- MWEB Launches LTE-A Internet Service Provider, MWEB will be launching LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) products on Monday 3 July 2017 to complement its existing fibre-to-the-home and ADSL offerings and expand its portfolio of broadband options. With LTE-A, users can expect speeds up to...
- Johannesburg Conference to Tackle Digital Transformation in Healthcare The 3rd Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa (#HISA2017), taking place in Johannesburg on 29-30 August 2017, will tackle hot topics such as robotics, electronic health records, delivering personalized healthcare, cyber security, IoT in healthcare, driving...
- New Cell C CFO Announced South African telecommunications company, Cell C, announced today that Tyrone Soondarjee will be joining the company as the new Chief Financial Officer. Jose Dos Santos, Cell C Chief Executive Officer, speaking on the appointment of Soondarjee said that,...
- Vodacom opens NB-IoT Lab In order to help incubate and commercialise machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) systems using narrowband networking, Vodacom has today announced the opening of a Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT) laboratory at its Vodaworld campus....