- 80-year-old ex-police DPO, wife, 1 other person kidnapped in Edo
- Miyetti Allah: Herdsmen contribute to nation’s growth, transport 6,000 cows to Lagos daily
- PCN seals 287 illegal pharmacies in Kogi
- Opposition calls for postponement of Enugu LG poll, wants ENSIEC boss sacked
- NECA frowns at unwarranted oversight by lawmakers on OPS
- 3 states join FG’s school feeding programme
- Explore your position to right the wrongs in Yorubaland ―Ooni to Gani Adams
- PANDEF says it’s engaging FG on development of Niger Delta
- Telecommunications companies shun reps audit panel
- Rickey Tarfa to open defence in bribery case
- Why Nigeria’s financial market remains sweet, attractive to foreign, local investors —Chioke
- Banks, other financial institutions generate N5.672bn as VAT —NBS
- Nigerian Economic Summit : Influencing economic policies through advocacy
- Sukuk is good, but a global Islamic agenda —Dr Austin Nweze
- 57 years of groping for a workable economy
- Sukuk: Borrowing for development without fear of interests
- Tier 3 Certification means our customers will enjoy quality services —Coker
- As FCMB partners FG to stimulate economic growth
- Nigeria’s oil revenue decline, capped oil output: Who is losing?
- Hadiza Bala Usman: Battling port rats, potholes, insecurity to increase revenue
- Omawumi gifts luxury shoes to fan
- 20 years after: Ambode honours Fela with statue
- Kwam 1 thrills Island Club members
- Nollywood: Lagos, UNDP train aspiring film-makers
- JRymes drops Suicidal notes
- Behold AFRIMA ’s hottest West African men
- “ Fine Woman ” is out!
- Runtown, Kiss Daniel, others shutdown Anyigba
- Mo Abudu: ‘I continue to give God all the glory’
- More knocks for PSquare over break-up
- 250,000 Nigerian women die of cancer annually says foundation
- Rotary grants Nigeria $7.71m for polio eradication
- Malaria elimination remains a challenge —Expert
- Why community oral health centre must flourish —Don
- World Bank disburses N12m to private medical practitioners in Ondo
- Monkeypox: Oyo dedicates ward, says no reported case —Health Commissioner
- FG to close down open drug markets, introduces CWCs
- Being courteous at workplace promotes good mental health, productivity —Expert
- All certified, safe hospitals to have stickers of identification —Adeduntan
- No case of monkeypox in Ogun, Commissioner confirms
- EU Denies Favouring Buhari During 2015 Presidential Election [Premium Times] The European Union, EU, has denied favouring President Muhammadu Buhari above other candidates during the 2015 Presidential Elections in Nigeria.
- Tobacco Company Denies Targeting Children [Premium Times] The British American Tobacco has denied that its marketing strategies target the younger generation by deliberately situating tobacco products near primary and secondary schools in Nigeria.
- Weah, Boakai Seek Nigerian Prophet T.B. Joshua's Blessing for Liberian Presidency [FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -The most influential political figure in vote-rich Nimba County, Senator Prince Y. Johnson appears to be collaborating with Senator George Weah and the Coalition for Democratic Change for the November 7 runoff elections.
- Former Boko Haram Hostages Stranded at Border [VOA] Boko Haram's renewed campaign of suicide bombings in Far North Cameroon has bred suspicion that remains even as attacks have died down. Local communities are currently blocking 400 former Boko Haram hostages from returning home.
- Nigerians Are Impatient for Dividend of Democracy, Says Buhari [Guardian] President Muhammadu Buhari has regretted the situation Nigerians have found themselves in their impatience for dividend of democracy in the country.
- Nigeria's Voting Population May Hit 80 Million in 2019, Says INEC [This Day] Abuja -The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has projected that the number of Nigerian voters may likely reach the 80 million mark before the 2019 general election.
- 3.4 Million People Need Nutrition Support in North-East - UN [Premium Times] The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, UN-OCHA, said about 3.4 million people need nutrition assistance due to food crisis caused by Boko Haram insurgency in the North-east.
- The Major Highlights of Buhari's Turkey Visit [Premium Times] President Recep Erdogan hosted Muhammadu Buhari, the President of Nigeria for a fairly long one-on-one meeting in Ankara, the Turkish capital on Thursday before the bilateral meeting that involved their ministers and members of their delegations.
- Police Arrest Associate of Buhari's Aide for Post Critical of State Govt [Premium Times] A social critic and an ally of a presidential aide, Paul Ifere, has been arrested by officials of the Cross River State Police Criminal Investigation Department.
- Suicide Bombings Kill 13 in Maiduguri [Deutsche Welle] Suicide bombings carried out by as many as three attackers have killed 13 people in Nigeria's northeastern city of Maiduguri. The attack follows army claims that Boko Haram insurgents are nearing defeat.
- Weah, Boakai Seek Nigerian God [New Dawn] Liberia's two leading candidates in the November 7, presidential run-off, Vice President Joseph Boakai and Senator George Weah have been busy on their telephones calling up Nigerian prelate TB. Joshua, of the Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) requesting prayers.
- NIMC DG Harps On Importance of National Identification Number [This Day] The Director-General (DG) of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), Aliyu Abubakar Aziz, has again stressed the importance of the National Identification Number (NIN) as a most crucial feature in the lives people, being the unique identifier for all.
- National ID Card Enrolment Hits 23.3 Million [Leadership] Lagos -Director-General of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), Engr. Aliyu Abubakar Aziz, said the agency has far enrolled 23.3 million Nigerians for the national identification numbers (NINs) up from seven million in November 2015 when he took over the mantle of leadership.
- Nigeria, Others Must Commit to End Secret Ownership of Extractive Industry Assets - VP [Premium Times] Vice President yemi Osinbajo addressing the opening session of the EITI Beneficial Ownership Conference in Jakarta, Indonesia. With him are the Indonesian Minister of National Development Planning, Bambang Brodjonegoro (middle) and EITI Chair, Fredrik Renfeldt
- Multi-Billion Naira Equipment Abandoned At 14 Health Institutions [Guardian] Calabar -The House of Representatives' Committee on Health has uncovered abandoned medical equipment worth billions of naira at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital (UCTH) and at 13 other federal health institutions in the country.
- Global Unemployment to Rise By 2.8 Million in 2018, Says ILO [Guardian] The International Labour Organisation has said that global unemployment may rise by 2.8 million in 2018, with diverging trends at country and regional level.
- Anti-Graft Agency Launches Manhunt for Recalled Fugitive Director Maina [Premium Times] The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has launched a fresh manhunt for the former head of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina.
- Nollywood Actress, Funke Abisogun Has Died [Premium Times] Popular Nollywood actress, Funke AlHassan, has died barely four days after welcoming her baby.
- TVC Communications Launches New Radio Station [Premium Times] TVC Communications, operators of TVC Entertainment, TVC News and Adaba FM, has launched a music radio station, 102.3 Max FM, which replaces Radio Continental.
- Stock Market Closes Lower Despite Improved Earnings [This Day] Bearish sentiments dominated the Nigerian equities market last week contrary to expectations that the announcement of nine months earnings by companies would help to sustain the growth recorded the previous week.
- Oyedepo Attests to Dogara's Integrity [Leadership] Abuja -General overseer and founder of Living Faith Church, Bishop David Oyedepo, has said that he has zero doubt about the integrity and person of Speaker Yakubu Dogara of the House of Representatives.
- CBN - Securing Nigeria's Electronic Payment System [Leadership] Over the years, electronic payment system, often referred to as e-payment system has grown to become the most acceptable process of settlement of financial transactions in all sectors of nations' economies. E-commerce payment systems have become increasingly popular due to the widespread use of the internet-based shopping and banking operations. Financial regulatory authorities as the Central banks and Inter-bank settlement systems have the mandate to supervise happenings around the operations and function
- Canada Explores Business Opportunities in Rivers [This Day] Port Harcourt -The Canadian High Commission has expressed interest in opening new relationships and business opportunities in Rivers State for Canadian companies and investors.
- The Battle Ahead for Osun APC [This Day] Except the All Progressives Congress pays closer attention to the dynamics of politics in Osun State, the party may play into the hands of the opposition.
- Seamfix Moves to Transform Data Management System [This Day] SEAMFIX, Nigeria's leading provider of identity management solutions, says it is set to transform data capturing and management system in Nigeria, with its new solution called the BioRegistra, an innovative data capture and data management platform.
- Unity Bank Partners Borno Subeb [This Day] As part of efforts to sustain its current focus towards the rehabilitation of the north-eastern part of the country, Unity Bank Plc has stepped up its support to Borno State Government with a recent donation of a vehicle to the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB).
- Dissecting Politics of PDP National Chairmanship and Intrigues of Endorsement [Leadership] As the race for National Chairmanship of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) intensifies, aspirants are engaged in a battle to secure the blessings of some former presidents. CHIBUZO UKAIBE writes on the intrigues.
- Digital Broadcasting and the Way Forward (I) [Leadership] As a media communication stakeholder, this writer is often attracted to the much talked about issue of digital switch-over which the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has commenced in phases. In Abuja, the federal government recently switched on digital television broadcasting signposting the gradual discontinuation of analogue broadcasting. Though the Abuja digital switch-over came months after it was done in Jos, Plateau state but it is still worth celebrating. The Abuja end of the exercise is handl
- Christian Pilgrims to Fly From 7 International Airports - NCPC Boss [Leadership] Abuja -The executive secretary of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission, Rev. UJa Tor Uja has disclosed that the Commission would fly Nigerian pilgrims to the Holy Land this year from seven International Airports in Nigeria.
- Elumelu, Utomi, Lapo Boss, Task Govt On Barriers to SMEs' Growth [Leadership] Lagos -Founder of Heirs Holdings, Tony Elumelu, Prof. Pat Utomi and founder of Life Above Poverty Organisation (LAPO), Godwin Ehigiamusoe, have said weak institutions had posed a significant drag on the nation's economic growth.
- Mastercard opens up its blockchain technology Mastercard has announced that it will be opening up access to its blockchain technology via its API published on Mastercard Developers. Mastercard’s blockchain solution provides a new way for consumers, businesses and banks to transact and is key to the company’s strategy to provide payment solutions that meet every need of financial institutions and...
- Global smartphone penetration to hit 66% in 2018 In 2018, 66% of individuals in an array of 52 key countries, which includes South Africa along with various developed and developing countries across the globe, will own a smartphone. This number is up from 63% in 2017 and 58% in 2016, according to Zenith’s...
- The Guardian’s Path: Destiny 2 Leveling Guide Leveling up in Destiny 2 can be daunting at times. With some perseverance, skill, and know-how, the journey from the start to the endgame could be easier in Destiny 2. You’re going to need a leveling guide to help. The Basics: Character and Class The first...
- Ericsson invites students to register for the Innovation Awards 2018 Ericsson has recently announced that it’s 2018 Ericsson Innovation Awards competition is now open for entry until November 15th, 2017, for students worldwide. This year’s theme is “The Future of Truth: How will we find, validate and share truth...
- Kenya: National Bank upgrades mobile banking services The National Bank of Kenya has announced that it will upgrade its mobile banking services. According to the bank, the upgrade includes new services with improved safety as the lender seeks to grow new revenue streams through digital avenues. The NatMobile app...
- South Africa: Startup Campus set to launch in Johannesburg The launch date for the startup campus, 22 On Sloane, has been revealed. The campus which will be in Bryanston, Johannesburg, will open its doors on November 10, 2017, and will aim to empower the next generation of entrepreneurs with its “360-degree turnkey...
- How CEOs are mitigating their greatest modern challenges CEOs are concerned their companies will lose competitive advantage by losing out to the pace of technology innovation just as the economy seems buttressed by nothing but promises. They are also concerned that they lose competitive edge due to inefficiencies,...
- Digital is changing everything in financial services People have strong views on the impact of digital technology on their lives, from the excitement of getting a new gadget to the satisfaction of doing in minutes what used to require a trip or a long phone call. Contrary perspectives include the fear of being...
- Ghana: EWB invests into fintech startup Bloom Impact Engineers Without Borders Canada (EWB) announced on Friday 20 October that the organisation has invested in Ghanaian fintech startup, Bloom Impact, to help it scale up its operations and give more people access to financial services. Bloom Impact is...
- AfricaCom 2017: Celebrating 20 years of Africa’s telecoms and technology journey AfricaCom, Africa’s largest technology, telecoms and media event celebrates its 20th anniversary in November 2017, and promises delegates and exhibitors three days of thought-provoking content and cutting-edge technology and a glimpse into what the future...
- Here’s what’s free to do at AfricaCom 2017 The 20th AfricaCom conference in Cape Town on 7-9 November 2017 will be tackling the hottest topics for 2017, including IoT, Big Data, FinTech, digital health, sustainable power solutions, digital education and much more. While the conference is predominately...
- AfricaCom 2017: New digital health conference stream added to AfricaCom agenda Mobile technology is without doubt the next great ‘enabler’ in healthcare in Africa. A mobile phone has become a biosensor, a laboratory, a scanner and a data processor and e-Health is rapidly proving its potential to improve workplace efficiencies,...
- IT News Africa: Top Stories Of The Week Another week has gone by where technology news has been dominating the headlines both across Africa and around the world. This week it was revealed that millions of South Africans have had their personal information leaked online with what has been described...
- A new IoT botnet storm is coming New cyber-storm clouds are gathering. Check Point Researchers have discovered that Botnets are evolving and recruiting IoT devices at a far greater pace and with more potential damage than the Mirai botnet of 2016. IoT Botnets are Internet-connected smart...
- Nigeria: NCC reject Telcos plea to regulate OTT The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) revealed on Thursday 19 October 2017 that the organisation can’t regulate Over The Top Technology (OTT) for now, refusing the telecom operators’ call that the technology be regulated in the country. The...
- Top 5 most affordable laptops for the Kenyan student Every student needs a reliable laptop to complete school assignments, research papers, and essays. Getting a laptop that is capable of all the computing needs of a student is no longer a struggle. Things to consider when buying a laptop as a student range...