Egypt-court-adjourns-Al-Jazeera-journalists’-retrial">July 30, 2015 : aljazeera
- No, Nigeria Is Not the World's Biggest Champagne Consumer After France [Africa Check] Do Nigerians pop nearly as much bubbly as the French themselves? What started out as a forecast on new champagne consumption has taken on a life of its own.
- Airforce Cuts Boko Haram Supply Routes [Daily Trust] The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) through its intensified and persistent efforts in the ongoing fight against Boko Haram terrorists has intercepted over 4,000 drums and jerry cans of petroleum products and other smuggled items.
- One Year Later, Bomb Victims Yet to Receive Billionaires, Govt Funds [Premium Times] Nigerian billionaires, and federal and state governments, who publicly promised billions of naira in help to victims of Boko Haram bomb attacks, have yet to redeem half of their vows nearly one year after the lavish fund raiser in Abuja, PREMIUM TIMES can report today.
- Bakassi - No Going Back On ICJ Verdict - Buhari [Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari declared yesterday in Yaoundé, the capital of Cameroon, that as a law abiding nation, Nigeria would have to live with the verdict of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) which ceded the Bakassi Peninsula to Cameroon.
- Does Boko Haram Have the Upper Hand? [Al Jazeera] Relations between Nigeria and Cameroon have been strained for years. Territorial disputes - especially over the oil-rich Bakassi peninsula - have not helped.
- A Long Way Home - Life for the Women Rescued From Boko Haram [HRW] On the night of April 12, 2014, 14-year-old Miriam was jolted from sleep by the sound of a door being kicked in. She knew what it meant: Boko Haram had arrived. She dove under a pile of clothes in a corner of her room and watched as armed men dragged her father and her two teenage brothers out of the house. The rapid gunfire that followed told her that they were dead.
- SSS Director General Not Our Member - - APC [Premium Times] The All Progressives Congress, APC, has denied the allegation by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, that the Director-General of the State Security Service, Lawal Daura, is a card-carrying member of the APC, calling the accusation absurd and frivolous.
- One Week After Release - Jonathan's CSO Rushed to Hospital [Leadership] Abuja -Barely one week after the chief security officer, CSO , to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Gordon Obuah, was released by the Department of State Services, DSS, he has been admitted at the National Hospital, Abuja for medical care.
- Parents Beg WAEC Over N4 Billion Debt Owed By Nasarawa, Others [Guardian] Lafia -PARENTS in Nasarawa State have appealed to the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) to rescind its threat to withhold the results of students who sat for the May/June examinations in 19 states for non-payment of registration fees.
- More Action, Less Talk On Mambilla Hydro Project [Daily Trust] The assurance given by President Muhammadu Buhari recently that his administration will accord the highest priority to the completion of the Mambilla Hydropower Project has given hope that the jinx that has bedevilled this all-important project for three decades is about to be broken, at last. Speaking when he received in audience officials of a Chinese construction company, President Buhari promised to ensure that the Mambilla project and other uncompleted or abandoned hydro-power projects in the country
- Four Killed, 15,500 Displaced in Delta Oil Spill [Daily Trust] Port Harcourt -The representative of Odidi community in Delta State, Mr Anthony Richard, has said that about four persons were killed while 15,500 residents of the community were displaced in July oil spill that ravaged the community.
- Obasanjo - Yar'Adua Regrettably Reversed Sale of Refineries [This Day] Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday expressed regrets over the sale of two of the nation's oil refineries, which was concluded before he exited office in 2007, but was reversed by his successor, the late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua because he succumbed to pressure.
- Stroke - Experts Meet to Find Solution [This Day] With result showing that 5.7 million people worldwide die annually of stroke, some medical doctors were recently trained as part of efforts to proffer possible solution to reducing the scourge in the country.
- 46,404 Drivers' Licences Still Unclaimed - LASG [This Day] The Lagos State Government Wednesday disclosed that about 46,404 drivers' licences were left unclaimed in the state, thereby calling on applicants who had been captured to come for the collection of their licences.
- APC Chairman Distances Party From Saraki's Travails [Premium Times] The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), John Odigie-Oyegun, on Wednesday distanced the party from Toyin Saraki's travails.
- Major Shake-Up in Nigerian Army, 334 Top Officers Redeployed [Premium Times] The Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, has approved the redeployment and appointment of 334 officers to various units across Nigeria.
- Standards in Education - JAMB's Bench-Mark (1) [Guardian] Just when you think that Nigeria's declining educational standards cannot get any more heart-rending, it seems that it could be worsened by official complicity, as the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had set out to do, before the Federal Government overruled the policy.
- Nigeria's Economy, a Volcano Waiting to Erupt - CBN [Guardian] Calabar -THE Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has described the nation's economy as "a volcano waiting to erupt" had the foreign exchange pressure been left unchecked.
- BBOG Group Welcomes Planned Senate Visit to North East [Leadership] The #BringBackOurGirls group has called on the senators deliberating to visit the North East to ensure that they are going to offer solutions to the predicament of the victims of Boko Haram and the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and not go there for gaining popularity.
- Leahy to Buhari - Stop Human Rights Abuses in Military [Leadership] United States Senator representing Vermont, Patrick Leahy has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to face up to his responsibility to effectively counter Boko Haram and halt human right violation in the military.
- Security Council to Buhari - Bring Terrorists to Justice [Leadership] The United Nations Security Council yesterday urged President Muhammadu Buhari to quickly bring those behind the terrorist attacks in Nigeria and its environs to justice before further damages are done.
- P/H, Warri Refineries Begin Daily Production of 8.5 Million Litres of Petrol [Leadership] The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has announced that the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries have been successfully re-streamed after a nine months' phased rehabilitation exercise conducted by its in-house engineers and technicians.
- U.S.$25.3 Billion Oil Money Stolen in Eight Years - NEITI [Leadership] The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) yesterday declared that about $25.3billion of the nation's oil monies was missing.
- Buhari - No Plan to Challenge Cameroon's Ownership of Bakassi Peninsula [Premium Times] Nigeria will abide by the ruling of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on the Bakassi Peninsula, President Muhammadu Buhari said on Wednesday in Yaoundé, the capital of Cameroon.
- Group Gives Budget Office Two Weeks Ultimatum to Publish Implementation Report [Premium Times] The Centre for Social Justice on Wednesday gave the Director-General, Budget Office of the Federation, Bright Okogu, two weeks to publish the Budget Monitoring and Implementation Report, or risk prosecution.
- Melaye, Ben Bruce Named Senate's Spokespersons [Premium Times] Kogi State senator, Dino Melaye, and his Bayelsa counterpart, Ben Bruce, are leading the Senate's media team, the president of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, announced Wednesday.
- Ife Palace Authority Says Oba Sijuwade Alive [Premium Times] The Ife palace authority on Wednesday asked the world to disregard reports of the death of the Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuwade, saying it remains the only credible authority to announce the demise of the king.
- President Buhari Visits Cameroon for Regional Security Discussions [Deutsche Welle] Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari is meeting with Cameroonian President Paul Biya to discuss how to tackle the Boko Haram insurgency. The two neighbors have a long history of security challenges.
- We Are Coming to Attack, Nigeria Warn Congo [CAF] Nigeria have vowed to attack Congo Brazzaville in their Pointe-Noire fortress this weekend and move closer to a seventh Olympic Games football tournament appearance.
- Terror - Getting Rid of Backward Cholesterol of Ideology [Premium Times] ... while the government should be encouraged to equip and charge the military to defend the sovereignty of the nation and protect lives and property, it must also work assiduously to make the hatred ideology being preached by the leaders of extreme sects unattractive to the masses.
- Photos:Yoruba Actress Lepa Shandy & Husband Return To Nigeria From London After Marriage Crash Rumour
- Photos: Nigerian Actress Mbong Amata Buys New House In Brentwood LA California
- Photos: Shan George, Femi Branch, Bukki Wright, Lilian Bach Shooting “One Good Man” In Calabar
- Adewale Elesho’s Mother Dead, Nollywood Actor Explains Why He Stopped Acting
- How Two Veteran Nollywood Actors Died 8 Weeks Apart
- Photos: Tonto Dikeh Steps Out Weeks After Secret Abortion, Close Source Angry She Aborted Her Baby
- Yvonne Nelson To Single Ladies: Don’t Date Male Celebrities, It Is A Deadly Mistake
- Photos: Nollywood Actress Uche Ogbodo’s Daughter Marks 1st Birthday
- Taiwo Hassan Ogogo: I Didn’t Use Ritual For Fame, God Is The Secret Of My Success
- Photos: Jim Iyke’s Burgeon Global Business Office In Abuja
- Alex Usifo Has A Message For Broke Nollywood Stars Begging For Money & AGN Leaders
- Monalisa Chinda Now Dating Ex-Husband Of Adulterous Nollywood Actress
- Photos: Caroline Danjuma Glows Without Makeup
- Koto Karfe Prison Escapee Who Kidnapped Kogi High Judge Samuel Obayomi Shot Dead By Police
- Fake Herbalist Arrested After Sales Charms He Did For Businesswoman Failed In Akure Ondo
- Cholera Disease Outbreak In Aladja Udu Delta State, 6 Killed, 100 Hospitalised
- 2 Die In Ezillo Ishielu Ebonyi State After Eating Forbidden Fish, Another Goes Blind
- Omotola Puts Husband In Trouble: Nigerian Man Arrested For Taking Child To Mother After Wife Left Him
- Female Teacher Assassinated By Hired Killers In Nsukka Enugu State, RIP Amaka Ugwu
- Military Intercepts Canoe Supplying Arms To Boko Haram At Nigeria-Cameroon Border, Seizes 4000 Drums
- ISIS Planning To End The World By Beheading All Christians, Non-Muslims & Provoking America To War
- Photo: Indian-Briton Chartered Accountant Charged For Duping Nigerian Business Partner
- Photos:Nigeria’s Most Wanted Kidnapper Arrested In Imo State,Meet The Vampire Who Has Killed Over 200
- Nollywood Actor Charles Novia Blasts Timaya For Admitting He Slept With Lady In Atlanta Hotel
- Photos: How Money Ritualists Murdered 4-Year-Old Boy In Ijanikin Lagos, Gave Dead Body To Imbecile
- Photo: Father Poisoned, Killed Baby With Pesticide In Lemode Ogun State
A plane wreckage that washed up on a tiny Indian Ocean island will be sent to France for investigation, as hopes mounted that the mysterious object could unlock the mystery of the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 plane. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said on Thursday that the two-metre long piece of wreckage found on… [Read More…]
Egypt court adjourns Al Jazeera journalists’ retrial An Egyptian court has adjourned the long-running retrial of three Al Jazeera journalists for the ninth time, with the next hearing scheduled for August 2. Australian Peter Greste, Egyptian Baher Mohamed, and Canadian Mohamed Fahmy were found guilty in June 2014 of aiding a terrorist organisation, a reference to the Muslim Brotherhood, which was outlawed in Egypt after the 3-Comments-
The-Taliban-has-elected-Mullah-Akhtar-Mansoor-as-its-new-leader,-Taliban-sources-have-told-Al-Jazeera,-as-the-group-confirmed-the-death-of-their-founder-Mullah-Omar.-The-election,-which-was-reported-on-Thursday,-has-not-been-officially-confirmed-by-the-Taliban.-But-a-commander-present-at-the-meeting-to-elect-Mansoor-confirmed-the… [Read-More…]-APGA-sells-party-card-for-N100,-intensifies-membership-campaign">July 30, 2015 : aljazeera
The Taliban has elected Mullah Akhtar Mansoor as its new leader, Taliban sources have told Al Jazeera, as the group confirmed the death of their founder Mullah Omar. The election, which was reported on Thursday, has not been officially confirmed by the Taliban. But a commander present at the meeting to elect Mansoor confirmed the… [Read More…]
APGA sells party card for N100, intensifies membership campaign The All Progressive Grand Alliance in Abuja on Thursday began the revalidation of its existing membership and registration of new ones nationwide, pegging its membership card at N100. The party also reacted to the outcome of the last general elections and made mockery of the Peoples Democratic Party, which boasted that it would rule Nigeria Leave-a-Comment-
Egypt-and-Saudi-Arabia-signed-a-pact-in-Cairo-Thursday-aimed-at-boosting-military-and-economic-ties-between-the-two-Arab-allies.-Relations-have-warmed-since-the-2013-ouster-of-Islamist-president-Mohamed-Morsi,-with-Saudi-Arabia-offering-billions-in-aid-to-Egypt-and-Cairo-participating-in-a-Saudi-led-bombing-campaign-against-Iran-backed-rebels-in… [Read-More…]-Defence-spokesman-Olukolade-retires,-Abubakar-takes-over">July 30, 2015 : AFP
Egypt and Saudi Arabia signed a pact in Cairo Thursday aimed at boosting military and economic ties between the two Arab allies. Relations have warmed since the 2013 ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi, with Saudi Arabia offering billions in aid to Egypt and Cairo participating in a Saudi-led bombing campaign against Iran-backed rebels in… [Read More…]
Defence spokesman Olukolade retires, Abubakar takes over The Director, Defence Information, Maj. Gen Chris Olukolade, is to retire from the Nigerian Army, having reached his retirement age. Olukolade is to hand over his position as the Director Defence Information to Col. Rabe Abubakar next week. The Chief of Army Staff, Maj. Gen. Tukur Buratai, on Wednesday, approved the appointment of Abubakar as 5-Comments-
The-All-Progressives-Congress-has-said-it-has-no-preferred-candidate-among-party-members-aspiring-to-fly-the-partys-flag-in-the-forthcoming-Kogi-State-governorship-election.-The-partys-position-was-made-public-by-APCs-Director-of-Administration,-Abdullahi-Gashua, while-presenting-expression-of-interest-and-nomination-forms-to-one-of-the-aspirants,-Alhaji-Yahaya-Bello,… [Read-More…]-Osoba,-Momoh,-Adebanjo-salute-Amuka-at-80">July 30, 2015 : John Alechenu, Abuja
The All Progressives Congress has said it has no preferred candidate among party members aspiring to fly the partys flag in the forthcoming Kogi State governorship election. The partys position was made public by APCs Director of Administration, Abdullahi Gashua, while presenting expression of interest and nomination forms to one of the aspirants, Alhaji Yahaya Bello,… [Read More…]
Osoba, Momoh, Adebanjo salute Amuka at 80 Encomiums poured forth for the Publisher of Vanguard Newspapers, Mr. Sam Amuka, on Thursday, as leading media personalities and other dignitaries gathered in Lagos to celebrate him on his 80th birthday. Those who eulogised the virtue of the accomplished journalist and media entrepreneur, highlighting his contributions to the development of the media industry, included a 3-Comments-
Assistant-coach-of-Uganda’s-national-basketball-team,-Gad-Eteu,-has-disappeared-in-the-US.-Ivan-Ntabazi,-the-spokesperson-for-the-Federation-of-Uganda-Basketball-Association-told-Xinhua-on-Thursday-that-since-Eteu-went-for-a-10-day-training-course-in-the-US-early-this-month,-he-has-failed-to-return-and-also-failed-to-communicate.-“We… [Read-More…]-Stop-waivers-on-rice,-agric-products,-Senate-tells-FG">July 30, 2015 : Xinhua
Assistant coach of Uganda’s national basketball team, Gad Eteu, has disappeared in the US. Ivan Ntabazi, the spokesperson for the Federation of Uganda Basketball Association told Xinhua on Thursday that since Eteu went for a 10-day training course in the US early this month, he has failed to return and also failed to communicate. “We… [Read More…]
Stop waivers on rice, agric products, Senate tells FG The Senate on Thursday passed a resolution, asking the Federal Government to henceforth stop all waivers on rice importation as well as other agricultural products. The upper chamber equally mandated the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Godwin Emefiele, and the Comptroller General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko, to ensure that all import duties due to government 78-Comments-
Ekiti-State-Governor,-Ayodele-Fayose,-has-appealed-to members-of-the-Road-Transport- Employers-Association-of-Nigeria-against-allowing-themselves-to-be-used-by-kidnappers-to-perpetrate-evil.-Speaking-on-Thursday-during-the-swearing-in-of-the-new-State-Executives-of the-union-in-Ado-Ekiti,-the-governor,-who-said-he-was-once-a-Danfo-driver,-appealed-to… [Read-More…]-Ghanaian-doctors-embark-on-nationwide-strike">July 30, 2015 : Kamarudeen Ogundele
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has appealed to members of the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria against allowing themselves to be used by kidnappers to perpetrate evil. Speaking on Thursday during the swearing-in of the new State Executives of the union in Ado Ekiti, the governor, who said he was once a Danfo driver, appealed to… [Read More…]
Ghanaian doctors embark on nationwide strike Medical doctors operating in Ghana’s public hospitals announced a nationwide strike on Thursday demanding better conditions of service. The doctors are also threatening a mass resignation if the issues are not resolved by government amicably after a week. The Ghana Medical Association said the doctors will start withdrawing their services from the Out-Patient Department for
- Public health association joins Healthcare Innovation Summit The Public Health Association of South Africa (PHASA) has been confirmed as a strategic partner for the upcoming 2015 Healthcare Innovation Summit. PHASA is a voluntary organisation of individuals passionate about population health improvements and the reduction of health inequities, and whose work focuses on the prevention of disease, the promotion...
- Social media lashes out at death of Cecil the Lion Cecil the lion – the most famous creature in Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park – was killed by an American hunter according to a report via the Telegraph. The report reveals that Walter James Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota in the United States,...
- Video Interview: Edward Lawrence discusses Africa Media Exchange Africa’s first media exchange platform, the Africa Media Exchange (AMX), was present at the 2015 Mediatech Africa Expo. Also in attendance was the AMX founding partners Workonline Communications and Teraco Data Environments. According to both companies, AMX...
- Top IT security issues to consider when migrating to a new OS Major events in the IT landscape, such as the availability of a new operating system (OS), cannot go by unnoticed, because they affect businesses of all shapes and sizes. Many will ask themselves “should we migrate to a new version and if yes –...
- Is Cloud technology key for SA businesses to compete globally? The US Deloitte 2014 Report on Technology, conducted among mid-market business executives, revealed that 39% of the respondents believed that cloud technology has the potential to produce the greatest productivity gains for their business. The same is true in...
- Windows 10: Top voice commands to use with Cortana Windows 10 has been released, and along with it users will find a new digital personal assistant application, which has been dubbed “Cortana.” The application is essentially controlled by voice commands and allows you to check the weather...
- BCX unveils pay-as-you-go service for Windows Azure Pack As the only gold certified Microsoft Cloud Operating System Network (COSN) partner in Africa, Business Connexion (BCX) has launched the first pay-as-you-go service for Windows Azure Pack out of its carrier-neutral, certified Tier IV data centre. According to...
- You’ve invested in SAP, but where’s the business value? It is a truth universally known that many companies find it difficult to keep up with the ever-changing needs and demands of today’s consumer, to say nothing of the challenges that lie in innovating ways to remain at the forefront of success. This has,...
- Windows 10 launches, available in 190 countries Microsoft has official launched Windows 10. According to the company, Windows 10 will be available from today (29/07/2015) available as a free upgrade or with new PCs and tablets. Microsoft revealed that Windows 10 will include Cortana, an Xbox app and...
- African skills initiative receives USD 60 mln investment IBM has invested a sum of USD 60 million over three years to develop the next generation of technical talent in Africa. As part of the initiative, IBM is expanding the Africa Technical Academy and the company’s Africa University Programme to over 20...
- Africell receives USD 35 mln investment The International Finance Corporation (IFC) revealed that it will invest USD 35 million in telecom operator Africell. According to the IFC, the investment is intended to support the expansion and upgrade of mobile networks in Gambia, the DRC, Sierra Leone and...
- BCX sees tremendous untapped potential in Tanzania Tanzania has tremendous untapped potential. According to the World Bank, the economy is set to grow by an estimated 7.2% this year and the government’s significant investment in the national fibre optic cable increases business and citizen access to...
- Why South Africa will rapidly adopt mobile money There’s an understanding by some that mobile money has no place in the developed world and only those countries that are far less advanced can this be of use. South Africa is, evidently so, a developing country as we carry the title of being the most...
- MTN Business App of the Year submissions closed Entries for the annual MTN Business App of the Year Awards taking place on 13 August in Johannesburg have closed, and an expert panel of judges that is adjudicating the process is evaluating the submissions. Now in its fourth year, the awards have become the...
- Video Interview: Nicola D’Elia discusses Airbnb in Africa The hotel and accommodation sector in Africa is set to be disrupted by online hospitality company, Airbnb. According to Nicola D’Elia, Middle East and Africa regional GM for Airbnb, South Africa is currently its largest market on the continent....
- Is South Africa ready for smart cities? The concept of the ‘smart city’ is growing in popularity as more and more connected technologies emerge. The term has many definitions, however, at its most basic level, a smart city is one in which the municipal authority is able to properly measure and...
What Nigeria’ll gain from Buhari’s U.S visit –Varsity lecturer
From Iheanacho Nwosu, Abuja Dr. Femi Olufunmilade is the Head of Department of International Relations… ...Saraki’s wife: APC not behind EFCC probe –Oyegun
From Iheanacho Nwosu, Abuja The All Progressives Congress (APC) yesterday, washed its hands off the… ...Today’s America and more questions for Senator Leahy
By Femi Fani-Kayode The United States of America funded and led the fight against tyranny… ...Economic downturn: Nigeria ignored Okonjo-Iweala’s warning -Obi
From Aloysius Attah, Onitsha Mr. Peter Obi, immediate past Governor of Anambra State marked his… ...Buhari has deep hatred for Igbo – Ohanaeze
From Dom EkpunobI, Onitsha Pan-Igbo cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of… ...Massive shake up in Nigerian Army, as Buratai appoints new GOC
There was massive shake up in the hierarchy of the Nigerian Army as the Chief… ...Rivers REC denies N700m bribe
Rivers State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mrs. Gesila Khan has denied collecting the sum of N700 million or any money from anyone as alleged by the All Progressives Congress (APC). ...Oyo guber: Police avert bloody clash between Ladoja, Ajimobi’s supporters
Some supporters of former governor of Oyo State and gubernatorial candidate of the Accord Party in the 2015 general elections, Rashidi Ladoja, and the incumbent Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, clashed yesterday. ...How politicians, media boost Boko Haram –Odumakin
The Publicity Secretary, pan Yoruba group, Afenifere, Mr Yinka Odumakin has cautioned Nigerian politicians against playing politics with Boko Haram activities in the country. ...INEC to release 2015 election report August
Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has disclosed that the much-awaited report on the 2015 general elections would be made public next month, noting that the comprehensive report is almost ready. ...Benue assembly passes supplementary budget
From ROSE EJEMBI, Makurdi. The Benue State House of Assembly yesterday passed the… ...Abductor of Mikel Obi’s father re-arrested for armed robbery in Kano
From Desmond Mgboh/Kano A woman, Hauwa Mustapha, who was alleged to have played… ...Baby born without limbs in Bauchi
FROM PAUL ORUDE BAUCHI A baby boy without limbs has been born in Gudun Sayawa,… ...Absence of governing council stalls selection exercise for new UI VC
By GABRIEL DIKE The selection exercise for a new Vice Chancellor for the University of… ...El-Rufa’i cuts overhead, cancels pilgrims sponsorship
Governor Nasiru El-Rufa’i of Kaduna State, says his administration has cut down overhead costs by… ...Gunmen kill teacher in Nsukka
By Chrs Nnadi, Nsukka The peace of the university town of Nsukka was shattered on… ...Cult war: Soldiers take over deserted Aggah community, death toll rises to 19
…Residents still sleeping in farms, neighbouring communities From Chris Anucha, Port Harcourt Soldiers have taken… ...2 militants arrested with explosives in Delta
From Emmanuel Ogoigbe Warri OPERATIVES of the Department of State Security (DSS) and a crack… ...Court summons IGP over probe of Senate Rules
From GODWIN TSA, Abuja Justice Gabriel Kolawole of the Abuja division of the Federal High… ...PDP demands DSS boss’ removal
From Taiwo Amodu, Abuja Acting National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Uche… ...Nigeria to lose $1.3trn on EPA agreement
From Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja Stakeholders have warned the Federal Government against signing the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA)… ...PenCom advocates pension fund investment in AU agenda for 2063
By Maduka Nweke The National Pension Commission (PenCom) has said that its cardinal aim in… ...FBN, Freedom Park, British Council to boost creative industry for revenue generation
By Blaise Udunze As part of efforts to boost the creative industry for revenue generation,… ...FG should invest in data management infrastructure –IIM
By Olabisi Olaleye The Institute of Information Management (IIM) has said that the Federal Government… ...Lagos plans tax incentives to boost capital development
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, on Tuesday assured visiting UK-Nigeria Emerging Capital Market Taskforce of the readiness of his administration to provide tax and ...NERC revokes licences of 27 generation firms
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has issued notice of revocation of operating licences of 27 power generation companies over failure to meet the terms of their contract. The one month notice to the defaulting companies is to elapse within 30 days. ...Aviation: Panic at Lagos airport as fuel tanker tumbles, spills content
There was panic at the Murlata Mohammed Airport Ikeja yesterday as a 33, 000 litres Jet A1 tanker loaded with fuel tumbled close to the access gate of the airport spilling it’s content and raising security concerns of a possible fire outbreak. ...Customs hammers rice importers over N23.6bn debt
Operatives of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) yesterday, sealed the business premises of Stallion/Popular Foods/Masco Agro and Olam premises in a daring move to recover over ...GSK’s Nigerian unit reports 66 per cent drop in first-half profit
GSK’s Nigerian unit said on Tuesday its first-half pretax profit fell to 424.8 million naira… ...N300bn bail out: States to begin drawdown soon –Presidency
The Presidency has said states are to start ...Bobby Kristina’s Brown dies at 22 after months in coma
On Sunday, July 26, Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of Bobby Brown and the… ...Ebenezer Obey drums up supports for Buhari
By CHARLES ADEGBITE Juju music legend, Evangelist Ebenezer Obey Fabiyi, has called on Nigerians to… ...I don’t read books, I only read newspapers –Solomon Okoh, Comedian (a.k.a. Bowjoint)
BY AYO ALONGE [email protected]
Edo State-born comedian Solomon Okoh, popularly known as Bowjoint, is the… ...Bill Cosby Playboy sexual assault case to go ahead
Comedian, Bill Cosby has failed to block a civil case accusing him of sexually assaulting… ...Motherhood transformed me –ChaCha Eke
BY CHRISTIAN AGADIBE It was double for Ebonyi State born actress, ChaCha Eke, who celebrated… ...Ivanca hits Nollywood
By NKECHI CHIMA Bigspin Entertainment & Pictures has wrapped up plans to premiere a new… ...We can’t stop medical tourism in Nigeria – Dorothy Jeff-Nnamani, Publichealthcare specialist
BY VINCENT KALU and DORIS OBINNA Dr Dorothy Jeff-Nnamani is Managing Director/CEO, Novo Health Africa,… ...Tuface, Victor Uwaifo jam at Eargasm Concert today
Veteran music stars, Sir Victor Uwaifo, Daniel Wilson and Sunny Nneji have teamed up with… ...Nigerian American R&B singer, Jidenna gets 17million hits on YouTube
Nigerian R&B singer, Jidenna Theodore Mobisson, is heating up YouTube with his single, Classic Man,… ...Day female fans held me hostage – Kiss Daniel, Woju singer
Success they say is like a magnet; it attracts members of the opposite sex in… ...
- Convergence Partners concludes successful Pan-African ICT infrastructure fund - Opening Nigeria office to provide support for strong West African pipeline… July 28, 2015No CommentRead More SABMiller’s Zimbabwe unit beer sales down on weak economy July 17, 2015 No Comment SABMiller’s Zimbabwean unit Delta Corp. said on Thursday its quarterly lager sales were down 8 percent compared with the same period a year ago, while sorghum beer volumes declined for the first time in five years. Zimbabwe’s largest listed company said sales of the cheaper sorghum beer, which had registered double digit growth since 2009,
- Glo leads in telecom subscriber acquisition for 2015 – NCC report - Globacom, total ICT solutions provider, has beaten the other three major telecom companies, MTN, Airtel and Etisalat, in the race to sign on new subscribers in the first five months of this year. According to subscriber data information for the month of May just released on the website of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Glo
- Transcorp to spend $1.575 bln to boost power capacity by 2018 - Transcorp plans to spend $1.575 billion to quadruple its power capacity to 2,500 megawatts (MW) over the next three years and provide a quarter of all power generated in Nigeria. Transcorp, which also has interests in hotels, oil and gas, has the capacity to generate 610 MW and intends to raise that to 850 MW
- Orange links Nigeria with two more countries on $700m cable - Orange, a leading multinational telecoms operator, on Thursday, announced the connection of Benin Republic and the Canary Islands to the Africa Coast to Europe (ACE) submarine cable, linking them on the digital facility with Nigeria and other preexisting user countries. An essential part of the Group’s broadband network in Africa, the cable’s construction amounts to
- ‘Sustainable profit, cash flow key to optimal financial performance’ - For any business to reach its opti- mal financial per- formance, it must achieve sustainable growth in profit, strong cash flow and optimal capital, which has to be measured and managed over time. This was the position of Henry Machame, a finan- cial expert and consultant, during the CEO Business Strategy Session organised by FROT
- Terminal operator bemoans inconsistent policies at ports - … as Council set to audit operators Rigo Nazzari, general manager, Five Star Logistics Limited, yesterday, said inconsistent government policies at ports had been having adverse effects on operations of the terminal, as the Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC) unveiled its plan to audit the operations of private terminal operators to attain operational efficiency. Nazzari said
- NAHCO’s new tariff receives NCAA’s approval - The Nigerian Civil Aviation Author- ity (NCAA) has ap- proved the recent 20 percent cargo tariff increase being implemented by the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company plc (NAHCO Aviance). Tayo Ajakaye, manager, communications and cor- porate services of NAHCO, said this in a statement on Wednesday in Lagos. NAH- CO provides aircraft, pas- senger, and cargo
- SevenUp Bottling says 2015 pretax profit up 14.8 pct - Nigeria’s Seven-Up Bottling Co said on Tuesday its pretax profit in the year to March 31 rose to 8.75 billion naira ($44 million), up 14.8 percent from the previous year. Revenue rose to 82.45 billion naira during the 12-month period from 77.89 billion naira, the company said in a filing with the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Sokoto Cement Company earmarks N 48 bn. for expansion project - The Cement Company of Northern Nigeria (CCCN), on Tuesday said it would inject N48 billion into the ongoing modernisation of its facilities meant to double its production capacity. Managing Director of the company, Alf Karlsen disclosed this in Wamakko, Sokoto State while distributing 2,600 bags of cement worth N6 million to 60 communities, as part