- Govt to Probe Youth Corps Deaths in Bayelsa, Kano [Guardian] Abuja and Asaba -The Federal Government is to investigate the circumstances leading to the death of three Batch 'B' (Stream I) members during the ongoing orientation in Bayelsa, Kano and Zamfara states.
- Igbos Are Nigeria's Most Truthful Yet Misunderstood People [Premium Times] Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo, on Monday described the Igbos as "the most truthful, committed and trust -worthy people but often misunderstood in the country."
- Ogun Trains 2,000 TBAs On Pregnancy Complications [Daily Trust] Abeokuta -No fewer than 2,000 traditional birth attendants (TBAs) have been trained on pregnancy complications by the Ogun State Ministry of Health.
- Fake Credentials to Land 4,00 Council Workers in Court [Daily Trust] Umuahia -Over 4,000 council workers in Abia state believed to have joined the service with fake WAEC results and falsified age are to be arraigned in court any moment.
- Police Spend N1.9 Billion On 'Redundant' Officers Yearly [Daily Trust] The Nigerian Police Force spends N1.9billion annually on the salaries of 1,300 'redundant' officers recruited as specialists six years ago, according to findings by Daily Trust.
- Wole Soyinka Launches Cartoon Art [Daily Trust] The Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism (WSCIJ) has launched a progamme for cartoonists in addition to its award category in editorial cartoon, which was introduced in 2012.
- Poverty, Prejudice Drive More Women to Join Boko Haram Militants [Thomson Reuters Foundation] Dakar -"For some women trapped in domestic life, Boko Haram offers an escape"
- Nigeria, China Sign Agreements On Mining [Daily Trust] Nigeria and China have signed two Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) on geosciences cooperation during the Nigeria-China Mining Investment Roadshow which held in Beijing, China.
- Boko Haram - Buratai Urges Troops to Embark On Final Onslaught [Vanguard] The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has called on troops serving in the North-East to immediately embark on the final aggressive action and comprehensive sweep of the operational theatre to end the operation against the Boko Haram insurgents on a very high note.
- Country to Get Diaspora Policy Soon [Leadership] Nigeria has commenced the process of joining the league of countries with national diaspora policies, following the setting up of a technical team saddled with the task of coming up with final draft of the policy in January 2017.
- Adjournment of Senate President Saraki's Trial Unlawful - Group [Premium Times] The Civil Society Network Against Corruption, CSNAC, has described as unlawful the decision of the Code of Conduct Tribunal to adjourn the trial of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, for two months since November.
- Kaduna State to Fire Teachers Who Failed Proficiency Test [Daily Trust] The Kaduna State Government said it would sack primary school teachers who failed the recently conducted proficiency and competency test.
- U.S.$1 Billion Ogoni Clean-Up Fund - Reps Summon NNPC, Environment Minister [Leadership] The House of Representatives Committee on Environment and Habitat has insisted that minister of Environment, Amina Muhammed, must appear before it to explain the ministry's comprehensive plan for implementation of the $1 billion 2011 UNEP report on Ogoni Land clean-up.
- Presidency - Buhari Won't Let Nigerians Die of Starvation [Leadership] The presidency yesterday faulted claims by the United Nations that 100,000 Nigerians will die next year due to starvation in the country.
- Dirty Money Seized by Britain Should Help Boko Haram Victims - Charity [Thomson Reuters Foundation] Dakar -"Large sums of illicit finance from Nigeria are laundered through banks and the property markets in the UK"
- No Plan for Tax Hike - Presidency [Daily Trust] The Presidency has said that President Muhammadu Buhari's administration does not intend to impose new taxes on the citizens.
- Basketball - 1º De Agosto Lose to First Bank of Nigeria in African Champions League [ANGOP] Luanda -1º de Agosto lost on Sunday to First Bank of Nigeria by 54-62, in a third-place match of the women's basketball African champions league, which took place in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Exile, Jail, Death or Concession [Daily Trust] More than was the case with President Goodluck Jonathan last year, all Africa was surprised when President Yahya Jammeh conceded to his opponent Adama Barrow in last week's Gambian presidential election. Some Nigerians were quick to say that it was "the Goodluck Effect," a replay of Jonathan's concession even before results were officially declared in Nigeria's 2015 presidential elections. Jammeh's concession was doubly surprising because it bucked an emerging world trend. Most pundits think that if Donald
- PPP Panacea to Housing Deficit in Nigeria - Fashola [Daily Trust] The Minister for Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola has reiterated the importance of synergy between the federal government and the private sector in the built industry in the provision of mass housing to Nigerians. He said the federal government must find a way to exploit the Private Sector participation in the industry especially in the area of local content manufacturing of building materials, noting that it would help reduce prices of the materials and subsequently the cost of the houses.
- NYSC Denies Negligence in Death of Three Corps Members [Daily Trust] The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has ruled out negligence in the death of three serving Corps members, who died in different camps during the ongoing 2016 Batch 'B' (Stream I) Orientation Course.
- Refugee Agency Pledges More Support for Displaced Persons [Guardian] Abuja and Maiduguri -The National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and IDPs, (NCFRMI) has assured internally displaced persons (IDPs) across the country that their needs would be met in due course.
- Luggage Pilfering At Airports [This Day] There should be efficient internal control of access to baggage storage space
- Nigerian Govt Fails to Arraign Senior Judge Accused of Corruption [Premium Times] The Federal Government on Monday failed to arraign a judge of the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, Adeniyi Ademola.
- 4 Policemen, Guard Arrested Over Missing IDPs Relief Materials in Adamawa [Vanguard] Four policemen and a civilian guard attached to the Deputy Governor of Adamawa State, Mr. Martins Babale, are been quizzed at the state's Criminal Investigation Department, CID, for allegedly stealing relief materials donated to internally-displaced persons, IDPs, in various camps in the state.
- Ideye Tops Scorers Chart in Greece [Vanguard] Super Eagles striker Brown Ideye was the man-of-the-match for his Olympiakos side as they defeated Levadiakos 4-0 in the Greek Super League on Sunday. The former West Brom striker scored a brace as Olympiakos made light work of their visitors to bag the three points at stake.
- Buhari's Python Christmas Gift [Vanguard] THE Christmas season is here. In no other part of the country is the Yuletide celebrated as much as it is in the South East and South-South (the heart of Nigeria's Christendom). It is a time when a chunk of the Igbo Diaspora returns home for the annual communal and family reunions.
- Presidency - Buhari Won't Allow Hunger to Kill Nigerians [Daily Trust] The Presidency said the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari will not allow starvation to kill Nigerians.
- Nigeria Turns to Pakistan, China, Russia for War Planes, Others - Air Chief [Vanguard] Following the refusal of the US government and other western countries to supply arms to Nigeria to prosecute the war against Boko Haram, the federal government has turned its attention to China, Pakistan and Russia.
- CAN, Labour, Rights Activist Set for War As Minister Seeks Waiver for Islamic Board [Vanguard] -Spit fire, say Nigeria does not need such parastatal
- Rivers Rerun - Wike's Utterances, Inciting, Provocative, Dangerous - -INEC [Vanguard] Ahead of Saturday's conduct of outstanding state and federal constituency elections in Rivers State, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, weekend, took exception to statements credited to the state governor, Mr. Nyesom Wike, describing his utterances as inciting, provocative and dangerous.
- Emeka Ike Insults The Igbo People, Attacks 60-Year-Old Actor – AGN Alleges
- Pasuma To Light Up Ikeja As Murphy Afolabi Premieres Movie, Graduates Film School Students
- In Pictures: Nigerian Actor Deyemi Okanlawon Wins Best Actor Award In Ghana
- Nollywood Actor Lolade Mustapha Breaks Up With Baby Mama Dewunmi Fatai Days To Wedding
- Nigerian Actress Ashabi Dies Of Stroke & Asthma 2 Years After Colleagues Abandoned Her
- Ignorance: Hausa Actress Aisha Shaba Claims Chris Attoh Is A Nigerian
- Chika Ike Adopts Indecent Dressing, Exposes Breasts In New Photos
- Brother Jekwu, Nollywood Movie Produced By Mike Ezuruonye In Cinemas
- Ayamma: Emem Isong’s Nollywood Musical Movie In Cinemas December 23rd 2016
- Omotola Jalade Under Fire Over Sex, Kissing Scenes In Alter Ego Movie
- Nigerian Actress Amanda Ebeye Delivers Baby For Married Man, Says She Is A Happy Single Mother
- Nollywood Yoruba Actress Ashabi Iya Adinni Is Dead: Arakangudu’s Wife Dies Of Asthma Attack
- Nollywood Actor Ajibade Omisade Eyes Marriage, Reveals Place Of Birth
- Nigerian Man Who Ran Mad In Ghana Kills Uncle, Stabs 5 Others In Delta State
- Ibeju Lekki Lagos Farm Murder: Security Man Kills Fulani Cattleman, Cuts His Body Into Pieces
- Photos: Processed Nigerian Food (Jollof Rice,Ogbono & Egusi Soup) Imported From India Seized By NCS
- Fake US Embassy Issuing Real 10-Year Visas In Accra Ghana Finally Shut Down
- Dangote’s Hostage Negotiator Murdered By Kidnappers While Negotiating Release Of Expatriate
- Lagos Trader Who Slept In Coffin For 2 Days Recounts Encounter With Spiritualists In Kogi State
- Mother Of Female NYSC Corper Who Died At Kano Camp In Coma, Sister Says She Has Asthma
- Petrol Tanker Fire Explosion Claims 14 In Tegina Town, Rafi LGA Of Niger State
- Nigerian Tries To Smuggle Drug Hidden Inside Garri & Bitter Leaf To China, Lands In NDLEA Detention
- Okada Riders Kill Bribe Seeking Police Officer In Agege Lagos Over Death Of Colleague
- Court Revokes Death Sentence 21 Years After Innocent Man’s Execution
- Photos: FCMB Bank Manager’s Wife, Nigerian Journalist Kidnapped In Makurdi Benue State
- MMM Nigeria Founder Pastor Ernest Mbanefo Is A Scammer..Nigerians In For A Big Surprise
- Keep track of your spending and save this festive season It’s that time of the year again. Whether you are buying gifts for loved ones, travelling, or just treating yourself to something special, make sure you don’t find yourself feeling the blues in January. ALCATEL recommends the following Android apps to help keep track of your spending. The great thing about these apps is, they [&hellip...
- CashBag desktop app promises a rewarding shopping experience With more than 56% of web users having shopped online *The South African eCommerce market is poised for explosive growth as consumers’ flock to discover deals online. With this in mind the founders of Cashbag.co.za, an eCommerce disruptor, has launched a...
- Ghana: MTN partners DataMi, Viotech for sponsored data service MTN Ghana has announced it will be launching the first sponsored data service in Ghana in partnership with Datami and Viotech. The sponsored data services will allow customers to use data services at the expense of a third party company. The service will...
- iWayAfrica introduces Jola, a retail satellite service iWayAfrica has launched Jola, a Pan-African Ku-Band managed retail satellite service into Sub-Saharan Africa. Meaning ‘one who brings happiness’, Jola provides affordable satellite internet to Sub-Saharan Africa including those areas with limited...
- WORLD AIDS DAY celebrated on social media across Africa Today we celebrate World Aids day, a day dedicated to the awareness of Aids across the world since 1988. According to the WHO more than 14 million people worldwide, about 40%, of people living with the HIV virus that causes AIDS, are unawere of their status....
- Discover Digital rolls out African VOD infrastructure Discover Digital, is building in-market caching, storage and video on demand (VOD) server technology in its new markets across Africa, paving the way for a world class streamed video experience for viewers across the continent. “Discover Digital’s...
- DFS Lab announces $400,000 funding to four FinTech start ups FinTech incubator, Digital Financial Services Lab (DFS Lab), announces the winners of its first bootcamp for entrepreneurs and start-ups. Funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, this global initiative brought together 20 of the most promising...
- Travelers are ‘easy targets’ for online financial crime when abroad As holiday season begins, many are looking forward to spending some much needed time away from home. Others will be on vacations abroad and spending money is inevitable. Travelers need to be wary of online financial operations. According to research from...
- Societe Generale partners with American Express in Africa Societe Generale (SocieteGenerale.com) announces that it has signed a merchant acquiring partnership with American Express (AmericanExpress.com) in eight countries in Sub-Saharan Africa where the Bank operates. These countries include Benin, Burkina Faso,...
- Nokia and HPE expand collaboration on Enterprise of Things Nokia and Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) today announced a strategic collaboration on Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for enterprise customers. The companies will jointly market and sell solutions for two IoT vertical enterprise segments, including...
- Manchester City partners with TECNO Mobile TECNO Mobile, and the Premier League’s Manchester City, are celebrating the launch of their new global multi-year partnership. As the Official Tablet and Handset Partner of Manchester City Football Club, TECNO Mobile will work with the Club to grow their...
- Ghana: Cyber crime thrives as unemployment soares The youth in Ghana have resorted to using fake online identities to make a living, this is according to a report by Africa News. With a per capita income of just $1 700 per year and the unemployment rate at its highiest, some have turned to cybercrime to...
- Lesotho: How mobile technologies are saving thousands The Vodafone Foundation announced a mobile-based HIV programme in Lesotho, where an estimated 23% of the population is HIV positive, many of whom live in extreme poverty in remote rural communities separated by mountainous terrain with minimal infrastructure....
- Nigeria: Social Media reacts to data hikes With reports making the rounds about an increase in data tarrifs with effect from December 1, 2016, social media has been abuzz in Nigeria. Acting on a directive given by the national regulator, a number of mobile operators, including MTN and Globacom...
- BaySand, Codasip, Codeplay and UltraSoC accelerate IoT development with RSCV-C BaySand, Codasip, Codeplay and UltraSoC announced an integrated IoT development platform based on the RISC-V open processor instruction set architecture (ISA). The platform offers an open-standards-based solution that allows designers of systems-on-a-chip...
- Veeam joins HPE Complete Program Veeam® Software has partnered with the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Complete program. The program adds Veeam solutions to HPE’s price list so that customers can purchase complete HPE and Veeam solutions directly from HPE and its resellers. This enables...