- Alté, Nigeria's emancipated pop scene: 'People aren't used to being free' - The Guardian Alté, Nigeria's emancipated pop scene: 'People aren't used to being free' The Guardian
They've faced accusations of privilege and pretension – but alté artists such as Odunsi, Santi and Lady Donli are walking their own path through an often ...
- Abuja crime: Is Nigeria's capital city 'one of the safest in the world'? - BBC News Abuja crime: Is Nigeria's capital city 'one of the safest in the world'? BBC News
Is the country's police chief right about the low level of crime in Abuja?
- Nigeria Runs on Generators and Nine Hours of Power a Day - Bloomberg Nigeria Runs on Generators and Nine Hours of Power a Day Bloomberg
Kabir Sabo's sewing machine hums busily as he hems a “babariga,” a popular dress in northern Nigeria, in his small corner shop on the outskirts of Abuja.
- Nigeria floods: 'Too late' to replant damaged crops - Aljazeera.com Nigeria floods: 'Too late' to replant damaged crops Aljazeera.com
Meteorologists are warning Nigerians to expect more flooding nationwide, raising fears of food shortages.
- Nigerian bishop: We can't lose sight of human side of nation's conflicts - Crux: Covering all things Catholic Nigerian bishop: We can't lose sight of human side of nation's conflicts Crux: Covering all things Catholic
Nigeria's bishops have once again called on President Muhammadu Buhari's government to restore peace to Africa's most populous country.
- Owoyele Sowore, a Bergen County journalist and human rights activist, arrested in Nigeria - NorthJersey.com Owoyele Sowore, a Bergen County journalist and human rights activist, arrested in Nigeria NorthJersey.com
A Nigerian-born journalist and human rights activist who lives in Bergen County was arrested and charged while trying to organize a peaceful protest in his ...
- AS Roma sign first African partnership with Nigeria - BBC Sport AS Roma sign first African partnership with Nigeria BBC Sport
Italian club AS Roma sign an agreement with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to become their first African partner.
- Nigeria army accuses international aid agency of feeding Boko Haram terrorists - CNN Nigeria army accuses international aid agency of feeding Boko Haram terrorists CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) An international aid agency has been shut down in Nigeria after army bosses accused it of "aiding and abetting" terrorists in the country's ...
- Nigerian court orders firm that won $9bn to forfeit assets - Aljazeera.com Nigerian court orders firm that won $9bn to forfeit assets Aljazeera.com
The order came after two men linked to the firm pleaded guilty to fraud and tax evasion on its behalf, the court said.
- For many in Nigeria, cancer care remains out of reach - Devex For many in Nigeria, cancer care remains out of reach Devex
IBADAN, Nigeria — Last summer, health care practitioners across Nigeria rallied through social media to raise funds for a colleague, Nengi Rachel, who had ...
- Nigeria to Give All of Its 200 Million People Identity Numbers - Bloomberg Nigeria to Give All of Its 200 Million People Identity Numbers Bloomberg
Nigeria wants to issue identity numbers for as many as 50 million citizens per year in a bid to create a harmonized database of its population, the largest in ...
- The Beauty and Burden of Being a Nigerian Bride - The New Yorker The Beauty and Burden of Being a Nigerian Bride The New Yorker
Yemisi Aribisala writes on the photographer Lakin Ogunbanwo's portraits of Nigerian brides and about the beauty and rituals of Nigerian wedding traditions.
- NJ Man Charged in Nigeria for Protest Planning - Daily Beast NJ Man Charged in Nigeria for Protest Planning Daily Beast
A leaked letter suggests the Trump administration is rallying other states against women's reproductive rights ahead of the general assembly.
- 314 Nigerians return to Nigeria following violence - eNCA 314 Nigerians return to Nigeria following violence eNCA
The clashes triggered a diplomatic rift between South Africa and other African countries.
- IBB: Igbo Should Hold Ideals Of Nigeria's Founding Fathers - SaharaReporters.com IBB: Igbo Should Hold Ideals Of Nigeria's Founding Fathers SaharaReporters.com
Nigerians, Igbo inclusive, should ensure they uphold the ideals of Nigeria's founding fathers."
- Should all Nigerian athletes get health insurance? - BBC Sport Should all Nigerian athletes get health insurance? BBC Sport
A bid to help former footballer Bidemi Aluko, who is battling cancer, could lead to a landmark ruling.
- Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana shocked in CHAN qualifying - Sport24 Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana shocked in CHAN qualifying Sport24
Ghana, the Ivory Coast and Nigeria lost in shock-riddled final qualifying round first legs for the 2020 African Nations Championship (CHAN) in Cameroon.
- Nigerian army orders closure of aid agency for 'aiding terrorism' - The Guardian Nigerian army orders closure of aid agency for 'aiding terrorism' The Guardian
Action Against Hunger urges authorities to allow 'life-saving' work to continue after sanction imposed without 'notice or explanation'
- Roma name Nigeria Football Federation as first African partner - SportsPro Media Roma name Nigeria Football Federation as first African partner SportsPro Media
Italian club exploring possibility of playing a game and opening academy in the country.
- Nigeria's diesel-dependent economy braces for clean-fuel rules - Reuters Nigeria's diesel-dependent economy braces for clean-fuel rules Reuters
Nigeria's frenetic commercial capital, Lagos, is plunged into darkness several times a day. Then its generators roar, and the lights flood back on.
- Nigeria works to end violence in country's northwest - Aljazeera.com Nigeria works to end violence in country's northwest Aljazeera.com
The government says it is moving to address what nomads describe as decades of exploitation and oppression.
- Nigerians repatriated from South Africa after attacks - Al Jazeera English Nigerians repatriated from South Africa after attacks Al Jazeera English
Nigerian airline to return more than 600 nationals in the coming days with victims saying it's 'not safe here'.
- South Africa apologises to Nigeria over xenophobic attacks - BBC News South Africa apologises to Nigeria over xenophobic attacks BBC News
South Africa has apologised to Nigeria over a spate of xenophobic attacks which led to a spike in tensions between the two countries. Twelve people were killed ...
- Here are the three new books you need to understand Nigeria - Washington Post Here are the three new books you need to understand Nigeria Washington Post
Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa, radiating political, cultural and economic influence across the continent and around the world. Yet Nigeria's ...
- Nigeria: How Poverty Worsened Despite Nation's N28.58 Trillion Revenue - SaharaReporters.com Nigeria: How Poverty Worsened Despite Nation's N28.58 Trillion Revenue SaharaReporters.com
This followed the report by the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) showing that N28.58 trillion was remitted to the Federation Account ...
- Anti-Immigrant Venom Killed Their South African Dreams - The New York Times Anti-Immigrant Venom Killed Their South African Dreams The New York Times
Hundreds of Nigerians fleeing mob attacks have been airlifted out of South Africa, leaving behind their jobs and stores, homes and hopes.
- No end in sight to Nigeria's border closures - DW (English) No end in sight to Nigeria's border closures DW (English)
Nigerian border crossings with Benin and Niger remain sealed despite a warning from West Africa's regional grouping that the shutdown is harming prosperity.
- Nigeria Plans to Use Identity Checks in Battle Against Militants - Bloomberg Nigeria Plans to Use Identity Checks in Battle Against Militants Bloomberg
Nigeria's army said it will carry out strict identification checks on people passing through three of the country's northern states as it seeks to clamp down on ...
- Nigeria's Heartland mark 25 years since Algeria crash - BBC Sport Nigeria's Heartland mark 25 years since Algeria crash BBC Sport
Nigerian club Heartland hold a *service* to commemorate 25 years since two of its players died in an air crash in Algeria.
- Nigeria to give all of its 200 million people ID numbers - Fin24 Nigeria to give all of its 200 million people ID numbers Fin24
Nigeria wants to issue identity numbers for as many as 50 million citizens per year in a bid to create a harmonised database of its population, the largest in ...
- Nigerian police arrest three suspects linked with 'serial killings' of women - CNN Nigerian police arrest three suspects linked with 'serial killings' of women CNN
Port Harcourt, Nigeria (CNN) Three suspects, linked to a spate of killings targeting women in Nigeria's oil-rich Rivers State have been arrested, police said on ...
- South Africa: Nigeria to repatriate 600 citizens amid violence - BBC News South Africa: Nigeria to repatriate 600 citizens amid violence BBC News
Nigeria says it will repatriate some 600 citizens from South Africa after a wave of xenophobic violence which led to tensions between the two countries.
- Sports minister asks Nigeria women's coach Thomas Dennerby to continue - BBC Sport Sports minister asks Nigeria women's coach Thomas Dennerby to continue BBC Sport
Nigeria's sports minister Sunday Dare steps in to try and persuade Thomas Dennerby to continue as coach of the national women's team.
- Nigerians return home, fleeing xenophobic attacks in South Africa - CNN Nigerians return home, fleeing xenophobic attacks in South Africa CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) Dennis Benson was taking a leisurely walk in Birchleigh, a neighborhood in the Johannesburg suburb of Kempton Park, when he spotted ...
- Insecurity: Living in Nigeria very precarious – Catholic Bishops - The Punch Insecurity: Living in Nigeria very precarious – Catholic Bishops The Punch
Friday Olokor, Abuja. The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria has expressed concern over the state of insecurity in the country and concluded that “living in ...
- Anger in Nigeria as South Africa xenophobic attacks spark looting - CNN Anger in Nigeria as South Africa xenophobic attacks spark looting CNN
Anti-foreigner attacks in Johannesburg has triggered violence and widespread looting of South African-owned brands in Nigeria, most of which are run by ...
- How Nigeria got hit with a $9.6 billion gas deal judgment debt in a UK court - Quartz Africa How Nigeria got hit with a $9.6 billion gas deal judgment debt in a UK court Quartz Africa
Nigeria has received a legal hiding after a UK court awarded a private company a $9.6 billion judgment debt against the West African nation. The ruling has ...
- Closure of border with Benin leaves rice-loving Nigerians fuming - Daily Nation Closure of border with Benin leaves rice-loving Nigerians fuming Daily Nation
The price of rice has skyrocketed, from 9000 nairas ($24) for a 50-kilo sack, to 22000 nairas.
- Nigeria Says Its Targeted Forex Ban Is Needed for Food Security - Bloomberg Nigeria Says Its Targeted Forex Ban Is Needed for Food Security Bloomberg
Nigeria's decision to restrict access to foreign exchange for some food imports is aimed at giving the nation long-term control over its food supply as it prepares ...
- Nigerian officials ponder next move in $9bn energy scandal - The Guardian Nigerian officials ponder next move in $9bn energy scandal The Guardian
As war of words continues over potential loss of assets, mixed messages of negotiation and scam emanate from government.
- Nigerian children who escaped Boko Haram say they faced another ‘prison’: Military detention - The Washington Post Nigerian children who escaped Boko Haram say they faced another ‘prison’: Military detention The Washington Post
A Human Rights Watch report describes appalling conditions in screening centers; the military rejects the allegations.
- Nigeria's Disabled Athletes Face Surprising Challenges - VOA News Nigeria's Disabled Athletes Face Surprising Challenges VOA News
Nigeria's paralympic athletes have outshined their able-bodied counterparts in world competitions year after year.
- Islamic State fills the void in Nigeria as soldiers retreat to 'super camps' - Reuters Islamic State fills the void in Nigeria as soldiers retreat to 'super camps' Reuters
ABUJA/MAIDUGURI, Reuters (Reuters) - When Islamic State gunmen stormed the northeast Nigerian town of Magumeri on the night of August 21, they had free ...
- Nigerian press focuses on delegation to UK on $9.6bn award against Nigeria - Journalducameroun.com - English Nigerian press focuses on delegation to UK on $9.6bn award against Nigeria Journalducameroun.com - English
Published on 23.09.2019 at 09h21 by APA News. Share. The delegation of the federal government to the United Kingdom on the $9.6 billion judgement against ...
- Action! Nigeria's film industry draws global entertainment brands - Reuters Action! Nigeria's film industry draws global entertainment brands Reuters
"Oya!" shouts the director in Nigerian Pidgin English. Actors take their marks. Lighting blinks on. The film crew snaps into action after the order to hurry up.
- Banned Nigerian Shia group alleges police killed 12 marchers - Aljazeera.com Banned Nigerian Shia group alleges police killed 12 marchers Aljazeera.com
The group, Islamic Movement of Nigeria, was banned for being 'terrorists' in July after a series of deadly clashes.
- In Nigeria, dreadlocks are entangled with beliefs about danger - The Conversation - Africa In Nigeria, dreadlocks are entangled with beliefs about danger The Conversation - Africa
Nigerian men who wear their hair in knots are not a new phenomenon, but the hairstyle's spiritual heritage sparks fear in the hearts of many.
- Nigerian bishops criticize verbal hits on pope, South African xenophobia - Crux: Covering all things Catholic Nigerian bishops criticize verbal hits on pope, South African xenophobia Crux: Covering all things Catholic
The Catholic Bishops' Conference of Nigeria has condemned recent verbal attacks on Pope Francis as well as xenophobic attacks by South Africans on ...
- Nigeria rejects UN report on violence - Yahoo News Nigeria rejects UN report on violence Yahoo News
Nigeria on Friday rejected the findings of a UN report on violence in the country accusing it of simply blaming the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.
- UN calls for urgent action to end violence in Nigeria - Al Jazeera English UN calls for urgent action to end violence in Nigeria Al Jazeera English
UN special rapporteur says deadly attacks rocking Nigeria could have a ripple effect throughout the region.
- Nigeria Seeks to Install Scanners at Seaports to boost ease of doing business - Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide Nigeria Seeks to Install Scanners at Seaports to boost ease of doing business Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide
The federal government has been urged to compel the Nigeria Customs *Service* (NCS) to provide scanners at the nation's sea ports so as to facilitate trade and.
- Africa in the news: SACU-UK trade agreement, Nigeria’s border closures, and Sudan’s transitional government - Brookings Institution Africa in the news: SACU-UK trade agreement, Nigeria’s border closures, and Sudan’s transitional government Brookings Institution
This week the U.K. signed an economic partnership agreement with six African countries and Nigeria continues its border closures with Niger and Benin. Sudan ...
- Gen. Abdulsalami: We Can't Bequeath Hopelessness To Nigerian Youths - SaharaReporters.com Gen. Abdulsalami: We Can't Bequeath Hopelessness To Nigerian Youths SaharaReporters.com
We cannot bequeath chaos, disunity, a state of insecurity and hopelessness to the future generations of Nigerians.”
- Nigerian online-only bank startup Kuda raises $1.6M - TechCrunch Nigerian online-only bank startup Kuda raises $1.6M TechCrunch
Nigerian fintech startup Kuda — a digital-only retail bank — has raised $1.6 million in pre-seed funding. The Lagos and London-based company recently ...
- Nigeria encouraged to enhance oil theft response - Kallanish Energy Nigeria encouraged to enhance oil theft response Kallanish Energy
A Nigerian government committee has asked a legal task force to address the issue of oil theft in the African country, which resulted in a $1.35 billion loss in the ...
- Insecurity and violence turn Nigeria into a 'pressure cooker' that must be addressed, says UN rights expert - UN News Insecurity and violence turn Nigeria into a 'pressure cooker' that must be addressed, says UN rights expert UN News
Nigeria is a pressure cooker of internal conflicts and generalized violence that must be addressed urgently, an independent United Nations expert said on ...
- Nigeria says it will not relinquish assets in $9 billion gas project dispute - Reuters Nigeria says it will not relinquish assets in $9 billion gas project dispute Reuters
ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria will not relinquish assets to a firm registered in the British Virgin Islands following a court ruling related to a $9 billion gas project ...
- Nigeria's Boko Haram crisis: Military denies detaining thousands of children - BBC News Nigeria's Boko Haram crisis: Military denies detaining thousands of children BBC News
Nigeria has denied allegations it has detained thousands of children for suspected links to Islamist militant group Boko Haram. A report released by US-based ...
- Nigerian women protest over apparent serial killings - Yahoo News Nigerian women protest over apparent serial killings Yahoo News
Women in southern Nigeria marched in the streets on Wednesday to protest the deaths of several women in hotel rooms by what appears to be a serial killer.
- The New Guard of Nigerian Musicians - The New York Times The New Guard of Nigerian Musicians The New York Times
Five performers to know — including Odunsi (The Engine) and Teni the Entertainer — who are making their mark in a crowded field.
- Nigeria's Women Volunteers Fight Polio - U.S. News & World Report Nigeria's Women Volunteers Fight Polio U.S. News & World Report
A U.N.-sponsored program is reshaping health care and raising the profile for females in the country.
- Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and Egypt named world's most dangerous places - Africanews English Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and Egypt named world's most dangerous places Africanews English
The latest Expat Insider Survey, done by InterNations, polled 20259 expats representing 182 nationalities and living in 187 countries or territories, covering ...
- Opinion: FBI fraud busts dent Nigeria's global reputation - CNN Opinion: FBI fraud busts dent Nigeria's global reputation CNN
David Hundeyin is a journalist and commentator who writes on tech, politics, and finance. He was a founding writer on the Nigerian political satire TV show 'The ...
- Nigeria's Health Care System On the Mend - U.S. News & World Report Nigeria's Health Care System On the Mend U.S. News & World Report
ABUJA, Nigeria – For years, Nigeria's health care network has been rated among the worst in the world: a 2018 study in the Lancet of global health care access ...
- What Nigerian cities can learn from the rest of the world - The Conversation - Africa What Nigerian cities can learn from the rest of the world The Conversation - Africa
Africa is the world's most rapidly urbanising region. By 2050 more than one billion people will live in cities across the continent. Nigeria is Africa's urban growth ...
- Nigerian lawmakers face public anger over planned purchase of luxury cars - CNN Nigerian lawmakers face public anger over planned purchase of luxury cars CNN
A coalition of civil society groups has launched a lawsuit to block the purchase of luxury cars for principal officers in the Nigerian Senate.
- Onyema, Nigeria’s pride and apostle of peace - The Punch Onyema, Nigeria’s pride and apostle of peace The Punch
Henry Boyo. In the wake of the latest dastardly xenophobic attacks in South Africa, the first batch of Nigerian evacuees arrived Lagos on September 11, 2019, ...
- Nigerian tribunal rejects bid to overturn Buhari's election - Aljazeera.com Nigerian tribunal rejects bid to overturn Buhari's election Aljazeera.com
Defeat for the main opposition People's Democratic Party was widely anticipated and judges dismissed all its claims.
- NGO removed from Nigeria’s northeast in aid crackdown - The Irish Times NGO removed from Nigeria’s northeast in aid crackdown The Irish Times
Action Against Hunger accused by military of giving Islamic insurgents drugs and food.
- We've Arrested Three Soldiers, University Students Among Gang Terrorising Maiduguri -Nigerian Army - SaharaReporters.com We've Arrested Three Soldiers, University Students Among Gang Terrorising Maiduguri -Nigerian Army SaharaReporters.com
The arrested gang, according to the army, were accused of engaging in armed robbery and kidnapping in Maiduguri and environs.
- I will succeed Buhari as president of Nigeria – Pastor Bakare - Legit.ng I will succeed Buhari as president of Nigeria – Pastor Bakare Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Pastor Tunde Bakare, in a video trending on social media, declared that he would succeed President Muhammadu Buhari as 16th president of ...
- Nigeria’s Biggest Tomato Facility Idle Again as Farmers Dump Crop - Bloomberg Nigeria’s Biggest Tomato Facility Idle Again as Farmers Dump Crop Bloomberg
Nigeria's biggest tomato plant is counting on the government's restriction of food imports to sustain operations after going idle again six months after it resumed ...
- Nigeria: Why is it struggling to meet its tax targets? - BBC News Nigeria: Why is it struggling to meet its tax targets? BBC News
Nigeria says more people than ever are paying tax - but government revenues are not growing.
- 'The misdeeds of a few': Nigeria speaks out over $46m fraud case - The Guardian 'The misdeeds of a few': Nigeria speaks out over $46m fraud case The Guardian
Government says it will not stand in way of justice after 77 Nigerian nationals are among 80 suspects indicted in US.
- Nigerian growth slows amid declining oil output - Aljazeera.com Nigerian growth slows amid declining oil output Aljazeera.com
President Muhammadu Buhari, who was re-elected in February, has pledged to diversify his country's economy.
- Nigeria: the politics behind Buhari’s new economic team - The Africa Report Nigeria: the politics behind Buhari’s new economic team The Africa Report
Nigeria's new economic team may already be playing succession politics.
- Letter from Africa: Nigerian anger over South African xenophobia - BBC News Letter from Africa: Nigerian anger over South African xenophobia BBC News
Anti-foreigner attacks in South Africa are souring the country's relations with Nigeria.
- Explainer: How Nigeria got hit with a $9.6bn judgment debt in London - Fin24 Explainer: How Nigeria got hit with a $9.6bn judgment debt in London Fin24
Nigeria has received a legal hiding after a UK court awarded a private company a $9.6bn judgment debt against the West African nation.
- Update on Nigerian fintech firm Interswitch and its speculative IPO - TechCrunch Update on Nigerian fintech firm Interswitch and its speculative IPO TechCrunch
Nigerian fintech firm Interswitch has been circulating in business news around a possible IPO on the London Stock Exchange. Last month Bloomberg News ran ...
- Olowofoyeku's heart in her Nigerian roots - Columbian.com - The Columbian Olowofoyeku's heart in her Nigerian roots - Columbian.com The Columbian
NEW YORK — A funny thing happened to Folake Olowofoyeku on the way to a career in law: She became a theater major against her parents' wishes and ...
- Emmanuel Emenike: Ex-Nigeria striker hopes to bounce back in Belgium - BBC Sport Emmanuel Emenike: Ex-Nigeria striker hopes to bounce back in Belgium BBC Sport
Former Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike joins his 10th professional club as he looks to revive his career at Belgian second tier club KVC Westerlo.
- Brazil confirm friendlies with Nigeria and Senegal - BBC Sport Brazil confirm friendlies with Nigeria and Senegal BBC Sport
Brazil confirmed they will play Senegal and Nigeria in Singapore in October.
- Becoming Nigerian by Elnathan John — rich satire - Financial Times Becoming Nigerian by Elnathan John — rich satire Financial Times
Reading Elnathan John's Becoming Nigerian can feel like attending a comedy club in which the jokes come so thick and fast you're unable to take stock of which ...
- Nigeria Inflation Slows to 43-Month Low as Food Costs Grow Less - Bloomberg Nigeria Inflation Slows to 43-Month Low as Food Costs Grow Less Bloomberg
Nigeria's inflation rate fell to the lowest in more than three years in August as growth in food prices slowed.
- Masses Suffering, Smiling: How Powerful Nigerians Are Filling Federal Parliament With Children - SaharaReporters.com Masses Suffering, Smiling: How Powerful Nigerians Are Filling Federal Parliament With Children SaharaReporters.com
The federal parliament is becoming a rendezvous for children of Nigeria's high and mighty.
- In pictures: Nigeria festival celebrates Yoruba fertility goddess Osun Osogbo - BBC News In pictures: Nigeria festival celebrates Yoruba fertility goddess Osun Osogbo BBC News
The Osun Osogbo festival, a traditional celebration that is thought to be 600 years old, is under way in Nigeria's south-western Osun state. The two-week festival ...
- Nigerian soldiers, CJTF leader killed as ISWAP attacks Gubio, Gajigana, Gajiram and Magumeri - The Defense Post Nigerian soldiers, CJTF leader killed as ISWAP attacks Gubio, Gajigana, Gajiram and Magumeri The Defense Post
Islamic State fighters killed at least six soldiers and a civilian militia leader when they attacked 4 towns in Nigeria's Borno state.
- The Nigeria FA to decide on Salisu Yusuf's return after his ban - BBC Sport The Nigeria FA to decide on Salisu Yusuf's return after his ban BBC Sport
The Nigeria Football Federation's executive will decide whether Salisu Yusuf will return to his national coaching roles after serving a one-year ban.
- Andela lets go of 250 developers in Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda - Quartz Africa Andela lets go of 250 developers in Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda Quartz Africa
When Andela, the software developer training and outsourcing company, first launched in Lagos five years ago, its business model was simple: train local ...
- Presidency Rejects UN Assessment Of Insecurity In Nigeria - SaharaReporters.com Presidency Rejects UN Assessment Of Insecurity In Nigeria SaharaReporters.com
The Presidency, on Friday, said that the UN Rapporteur on violence in Nigeria was inadequate and does not reflect the true situation in the country, describing it ...
- Chiedu Osakwe, Nigeria’s Chief Trade Negotiator, is dead - Premium Times Chiedu Osakwe, Nigeria’s Chief Trade Negotiator, is dead Premium Times
Chiedu Osakwe, Nigeria's Chief Trade Negotiator and Director General of the Nigerian Office for Trade Negotiation, has passed on.
- Nigeria's 'super camp' strategy questioned as Islamic State fills the void - Africanews English Nigeria's 'super camp' strategy questioned as Islamic State fills the void Africanews English
Nigeria's new strategy of withdrawing to “super camps” that can be more easily defended against insurgents, is under scrutiny following unchallenged attacks on ...
- Nigeria, Australia Partner On Safer Building Construction - SaharaReporters.com Nigeria, Australia Partner On Safer Building Construction SaharaReporters.com
In a collaborative effort to improve the methodology and technology of building construction, the Nigerian Institute of Building has signed a memorandum of ...
- Nigeria Football Federation boss Amaju Pinnick has properties seized - BBC Sport Nigeria Football Federation boss Amaju Pinnick has properties seized BBC Sport
Several properties belonging to top officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), including its president Amaju Pinnick, have been seized in a *fresh* ...
- Enough is enough, says Nigeria as relations with SA fracture - Business Day Enough is enough, says Nigeria as relations with SA fracture Business Day
Already frail diplomatic relations between the SA and Nigerian governments were further strained following days of looting and attacks on foreign nationals and ...
- Current Eaglets team will come good for Nigeria - Ilerika - Latest Sports News In Nigeria - Brila Current Eaglets team will come good for Nigeria - Ilerika - Latest Sports News In Nigeria Brila
Coach of Nigeria's U15 national team Haruna Ilerika has stated that the current Eaglets team of Nigeria will come good after the team started their invitational ...
- Africa Using Blockchain to Drive Change: Nigeria and Kenya, Part One - Cointelegraph Africa Using Blockchain to Drive Change: Nigeria and Kenya, Part One Cointelegraph
Blockchain technology is finding real-world utility across Africa via public-private partnership agreements in solving some of the continent's burning issues.
- ICYMI: My first salary in Nigeria was biggest I’d ever seen –Jowitt, British professor - The Punch ICYMI: My first salary in Nigeria was biggest I’d ever seen –Jowitt, British professor The Punch
Seventy-eight-year-old Professor David Jowitt has lived in Nigeria for 45 years, teaching English at universities. Jowitt, who is currently at the University of Jos, ...
- Kashmir: Pakistanis in Nigeria demand UN intervention - The Punch Kashmir: Pakistanis in Nigeria demand UN intervention The Punch
Adelani Adepegba, Abuja The Pakistani Community in Nigeria has called for United Nations' intervention in the alleged crackdown on Kashmiri people...
- Christy Ucheibe: Nigeria midfielder opens Swedish Elitettan goal account for Assi - Goal.com Christy Ucheibe: Nigeria midfielder opens Swedish Elitettan goal account for Assi Goal.com
Christy Ucheibe scored her first Swedish Elitettan goal in Assi's 3-1 triumph over Sundsvalls at BillerudKorsnäs Arena on Sunday.
- Army Plans to Use Identity Checks in Battle Against Militants [This Day] Abuja -The ongoing anti-insurgency operations in the North-east aimed at routing Boko Haram and other militant groups from the area entered another phase at the weekend with the military's introduction of an identification exercise for residents of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States, all in the geopolitical zone.
- Dangote Foundation Empowers 106,000 Women With N1.1bn [Leadership] Lagos -Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF), has again resolved to empower 106,000 women across four states in the Northern region with a total sum of N1.1 billion.
- Minimum Wage - Only President Buhari Can Stop Planned Strike - Labour [Vanguard] Organised Labour has said only the personal intervention by President Muhammadu Buhari can stop the planned nationwide strike over consequential adjustment arising from the N30,000 new minimum wage.
- Borno Hires 'Special Hunters' to Fight Boko Haram [Vanguard] Seriously perturbed by the increasing Boko Haram attacks on Gubio town and its environs, the Caretaker Chairman of Gubio Local Government Area of Borno State, Hon Zanna Modu has hired the services of 200 special hunters from some parts of Adamawa, Gombe, Katsina and other states in Northern Nigeria to complement effort of the military and other security agencies and nip the crisis in the bud.
- Opposition Says Buhari Has Nothing to Present to UN [Vanguard] Ss President Muhammadu Buhari departs Abuja for New York, USA, to participate in the 74th Session of United Nations general Assembly, the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Sunday berated him, saying that he has no agenda and did not articulate any definite objectives, plans and proposals to attract tangible benefits to the nation.
- Nigerian Wins Jollof Rice Contest [Vanguard] Nigerian Chef, Folashade Shoyonbo, on Sunday in Lagos emerged winner of a Jolof Rice Contest after beating chefs from two other West African countries.
- Insecurity - Four Killed As Violent Deaths Reduce Across Nigeria Last Week [Premium Times] At least four people died as reported violent deaths reduced across Nigeria last week, the lowest in the past four months since PREMIUM TIMES has been tracking insecurity incidents across the country.
- Christian Group Bemoans Influx of Strange Faces in South East [Vanguard] CHRISTIAN Association of Nigeria, CAN, has expressed worry over the influx of unidentified faces into the South East zone recently.
- NGO Vows to Fight Cervical Cancer [Vanguard] As part of ways to reduce the rising spate of cervical cancer cases in the country, Sebeccly Cancer Care organization launched the TimeToScreen 2019 programme on the 19th of September, 2019 at the Zenith House, Iga-Idunganran Primary Healthcare Centre, Iga-Idunganran, Lagos Island.
- Ogun Govt Suspends Controversial Education Levy [This Day] Ogun State Governor, Mr. Dapo Abiodun has signed four bills into law while suspending the N3, 700 education levy inherited from the previous administration ahead of the pubic primary and secondary schools' resumption Monday.
- Fire Engulfs Unity Bank Headquarters [Premium Times] The headquarters of Unity Bank Plc in Lagos was on Monday engulfed by fire.
- FAO Report Cites 41 Countries Needing External Assistance for Food [FAO] Rome -Dry weather and protracted conflicts are primary drivers
- Lagos Police Smash Baby Kidnapping Syndicate [This Day] The Lagos State Police Command has smashed a syndicate that specialises in abducting and selling children at the Ejigbo area of the state.
- President Buhari Must Release Sowore Now! [Premium Times] On Friday, September 20, the Federal Government charged Omoyele Sowore, the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) in the 2019 general elections, with treason and money-laundering.
- Zamfara - 372 Kidnapped Victims Freed As Dialogue With Militants Continues - Official [Premium Times] The Zamfara peace initiative has so far recorded massive success with 372 kidnapped victims rescued, while 240 guns were surrendered by repentant bandits, according to Usman Nagogo, the state's Commissioner of Police.
- Kano Hisbah Board Destroys 196,400 Bottles of Alcohol [Premium Times] The Kano State Hisbah Board has destroyed over 196,400 bottles of beer confiscated within the Kano metropolis.?
- Army Dismisses Three Soldiers [Premium Times] The Nigerian Army on Sunday said it has dismissed three soldiers arrested among a kidnapping gang in the outskirts of Maiduguri.
- Chiedu Osakwe, Nigeria's Chief Trade Negotiator, Is Dead [Premium Times] Chiedu Osakwe, Nigeria's Chief Trade Negotiator and Director General of the Nigerian Office for Trade Negotiation, has passed on.
- Politicians, Boko Haram Planning to 'Destabilise' Zamfara - Governor [Premium Times] The Zamfara State Government said it has obtained 'credible intelligence reports' indicating that some politicians in the state "are making clandestine moves to destabilise the state."
- Nigerian Delegation Departs to UK Over $6.9bn Judgment Debt - Malami [This Day] Abuja -The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), disclosed last night that the Nigerian delegation had left for the United Kingdom to discuss with the country's legal team the possible strategies on how to deal with the recent development concerning the Process and Industrial Developments Limited (P&ID) contract judgment.
- Buhari Has No Agenda At UNGA, PDP Alleges [This Day] Abuja -As President Muhammadu Buhari departed Nigeria for the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday lamented that the President is attending the meeting without any definite objectives, plans and proposals to attract tangible benefits to the nation.
- No Going Back On Aggressive Tax Drive, Govt Insists [This Day] The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Niyi Adebayo, has said there is no going back on the federal government's determination to increase public revenue through intensified tax collection.
- Senate Will Support Buhari's Measures On Economy, Insecurity, Says Sani [This Day] Abuja -The Chairman, Senate Committee on Banking, Insurance and other Financial Institutions, Senator Uba Sani, has said that the Senate under the leadership of Senator Ahmad Lawan will give absolute support to President Muhammadu Buhari's administration in its determination to reinvigorate the nation's economy.
- Fish Out Killers of Our Leader's Daughter, Afenifere Tells Police [This Day] The Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere, has expressed displeasure with the police over the seeming lackadaisical attitude towards apprehending the alleged Fulani herdsmen who killed the daughter of its leader, Mrs. Funke Olakunrin.
- Electronic Payment Transactions Rise to N231tn - Report [This Day] The total value of transactions through various electronic payment (e-payment) channels in the country has risen sharply by 103 per cent to a total of N231.247 trillion as at June 2019, compared with the N138.672 trillion recorded in the whole of 2018.
- UI Sacks Lecturer Who Protested 'Illegal' Deduction of Salaries [Premium Times] The University of Ibadan management has sacked Chukwuemeka Diji, the lecturer who protested the 'illegal' deduction of his salaries.
- Unemployment - Nigeria in Danger, Says Ngige [Daily Trust] Enugu -The Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngigie, weekend painted a gloomy picture of the unemployment situation, saying if not tackled, the whole country would be consumed with social unrest.
- Govt to Execute Power Projects in 37 Universities - Buhari [Daily Trust] Yenagoa -President Muhammadu Buhari says government has launched an electrification projects in 37 federal universities across Nigeria.
- $9.6bn Judgment - Ex-CJN Belgore May Be Arraigned in FCT Court [Daily Trust] Lagos -A former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Alfa Belgore may be arraigned before the Federal Capital Territory, High Court, over his alleged role in the $9.6bn debt judgment against Nigeria arising from the 20-year Gas Supply Processing Agreement entered into in 2010 with Process and Industrial Developments Ltd. (P&ID).
- Zamfara - 372 Kidnapped Victims Rescued, 240 Guns Recovered So Far - CP [Daily Trust] The Zamfara peace initiative has so far recorded massive success with 372 kidnapped victims rescued, while 240 guns were surrendered by repentant bandits, according to Mr Usman Nagogo, the state's Commissioner of Police.
- DRC approves use of second experimental Ebola vaccine
- Israeli president to meet Netanyahu, Gantz Monday night
- Seven children killed, scores hurt in Kenya school collapse
- Oil thieves set Agip pipeline ablaze in Niger Delta
- Governor says Boko Haram plans to attack seven LGS, two 'important persons' in Zamfara
- El-Rufai enrols son in public primary school
- Sowore's trial will tarnish your image, Shehu Sani tells Buhari
- Kidnapping: Army dismisses 3 soldiers in Borno
- How poverty worsened despite Nigeria’s N28.58 trillion revenue
- Dumping of beggars, mentally ill persons in psychiatric facility raises concern
- World leaders meet in U.S. on access to health services
- Operators deplore N221 billion loss in telecoms industry
- Gabon to be first African nation paid to fight deforestation
- WHO says Tanzania not sharing information on Ebola
- Tunisia ex-president Ben Ali buried in Medina
- 1,500 flee homes in South Africa amid xenophobic violence: UN
- DR Congo Ebola survivors play crucial role helping victims of virus
- 12 dead in attacks on DR Congo refugee camps
- South Africa struggles with surge of sexist violence
- 26 pupils, two teachers killed in Liberia school fire
- South Africa's Ramaphosa pledges to tackle violence against women
- As global leaders meet, the Amazon rainforest burns
- As feud heats up, Trump says Biden was subject of Ukraine call
- Russian seamen kidnapped off Cameroon freed
- India seizes one tonne of ketamine on boat, arrests six Myanmar crew
- Pakistan bus accident kills 23, injures 18
- Trump, Biden spar over Ukraine after whistleblower complaint
- Dozens detained as Kazakhs protest against former president, China
- US and El Salvador sign agreement on asylum to curb migration
- Dozens arrested in Paris 'yellow vest' protests
- Fire guts section of Unity Bank's head office
- One stabbed to death in Itire cult clash
- Three children die in Delta flood
- Lightning kills 36 cows in Ondo community
- Police arrest robber of commercial sex workers in Edo
- Afenifere alleges laxity in unravelling Olakunrin’s killers
- Police bust child selling syndicate in Lagos, recover week old baby
- Fayemi seeks review of education curriculum
- Nwosu rejects Ihedioha’s victory at election tribunal
- Balotelli in "great shape" before Brescia debut against Juventus
- Mourinho scores Solskjaer-led Man United this season low
- Solskjaer fears Rashford may be out of action a while
- United, Barca eye PSG’s coach, Tuchel as manager, says report
- Speakers from leading Institutions Join Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa 2019 The healthcare industry has historically been slow in adopting technology, however, studies show that by embracing emerging technologies such as AI, EHR, IoMT, augmented reality, wearables and robotics the industry can reap significant benefits, namely improved patient care, lower healthcare costs, dosage error reduction, hospital asset tracking and...
- Apple’s new Watch Series 5 available for pre-order in South Africa At the 2019 ‘by innovation only’ event – which took place on Tuesday, 10 September 2019, at the Steve Jobs Theater on the Apple Park campus – Apple introduced its latest generation wearable, the Watch Series 5. The watch – which aims to...
- Twitter is experimenting with new ‘hide replies’ feature Twitter is experimenting with a new ‘hide replies’ feature. “Earlier this year we started testing a way to give people more control over the conversations they start. Today, we’re expanding this test to Japan and the United States,”...
- Huawei launches new flagship smartphone Multinational technology company, Huawei launched a host of products including their latest flagship smartphones at the global launch on Thursday, 19 September 2019. Huawei launched the Mate 30 and the Mate 30 Pro as well as Mate 30 RS in partnership with...
- This is how much the new iPhones will set you back in SA Attention all Apple aficionados, the tech giant recently unveiled a whole host of new and exciting products – the hardware extravaganza took place on Tuesday, 10 September 2019, at the Steve Jobs Theater on the Apple Park campus – but the...
- Fly now pay later, new FlySafair payment option FlySafair has partnered with Mobicred to provide passengers with the option to fly on credit. Passengers looking to make use of the airline’s new Mobicred payment option to book their flights can either register for a new Mobicred account or log in to...
- Huawei to take on US trade ban in federal court In a last-ditch attempt to undo the law made by the U.S. Government, Huawei will try to convince a judge that the ruling is unconstitutional. The law ensures that American contractors are prohibited from buying, selling or using any hardware from the Chinese...
- Osmo Mobile 3 to launch in South Africa DJI has on Thursday, 10 September announced that the latest addition to the Osmo series, the Osmo Mobile 3 will be available to South African customers by mid-September. The company revealed that the standard version which includes Osmo Mobile 3, wrist strap,...
- Call of Duty: Mobile set for release on 1 October 2019 On 18 September 2019, American video game publisher Activision, in collaboration with Chinese multinational company Tencent, has announced that Call of Duty: Mobile will launch on 1 October 2019 in countries around the world where Google Play and App Store...
- T-Systems announced as Bronze HISA 2019 sponsor T-Systems has officially been confirmed as a Bronze sponsor of the 5th annual Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa which is set to take place from 8-9 October 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa. This year, HISA is bringing...
- Fujitsu develops sensor technology to digitise healthcare industry Fujitsu has is taking healthcare technology solutions to the next level – one step at a time. The global tech company unveiled an innovation on Wednesday, 18 September 2019, that allows medical professionals to digitise the walking habits of their...
- rain to commission Africa’s first 5G network On 18 September 2019, network provider rain announced the activation of what is said to be Africa’s first commercial 5G network. The provider is making 5G available to all existing customers in certain parts of Johannesburg and Tshwane. The company has...
- Nokia unveils two devices available for pre-order in Kenya The home of Nokia phones, HMD Global announced on Tuesday, 17 September 2019, that consumers living in Kenya can now pre-order the Nokia 6.2 and Nokia7.2 devices from selected retail partners. “We are happy to provide our fans with two phones powered by AI...
- Telkom announces $77,074 combined prize pool for Telkom VS Gaming Masters tournament On 17 September 2019, Telkom, the official gaming and connectivity partner of Comic-Con Africa, announced that $77,074 is the combined prize pool for the teams partaking in the Telkom VS Gaming Masters tournament with each tournament getting $38,537. The...
- New streaming service to launch in Africa On 11 September 2019, video compression technologies company V-Nova announced a new partnership with OTT TV company Simpestream to launch new streaming service MVMO. This new streaming service is set to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service, according to...
- Gartner IT Symposium Xpo 2019-The next 50 years starts right here today The Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo 2019 kicked off on Monday, 16 September at the CTICC. This year, the conference delved deeper into the role of the CIO, the origin of the digital society and unpacked the term TechQuilibrium. Brian Burke, Research VP for...
- Expert says retention of MPR at 13.5% in order
Mr Tope Fasua, an economic expert said the retention of Monetary Policy Rate (MPR) by the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC)
- Kaduna: 1 Div Inter-Brigade tournament opens
Sola Ojo, Kaduna The Nigerian Army's 1 Division yearly sporting event, the Inter-Brigade Sports Competition, scheduled to hold opened on
- Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge workers, host communities protest contractor
Jeff Amechi Agbodo, Onitsha The workers and host communities of the ongoing Second Niger Bridge project in Anambra and Delta
- Niger LG without electricity for one year, appeals for help
The people of Magama Local Government Area of Niger have appealed to the state government to prevail on the Abuja
- Gov. Matawalle alerts on presence of Boko Haram elements in Zamfara
Gov. Bello Matawalle Matawalle of Zamfara has alerted on the presence of elements of Boko Haram allegedly recruited by some
- Leader worries as over 60 youths risk losing jobs in Rivers
The President-General, Obolo Youth Coalition (OYC), Mr Mkpon Ijonama, has condemned resolution by the Rivers State House of Assembly on
- Oil thieves set Agip pipeline ablaze in N/Delta
Unscrupulous people, described as crude oil thieves have set fire on an oil pipeline, belonging to Italian oil giant Agip
- FUOYE Crisis: Fayemi meets school management
Wole Balogun, Ado-Ekiti The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has met with the management of the Federal University
- Premier Agribusiness Academy wants gap between agriculture, agribusiness bridged for food sufficiency — DG
Mr. Francis Toromade, the Director-General, Premier Agribusiness Academy, on Monday, said there was need to bridge the gap between agriculture
- Police arraign security man for allegedly stealing bulldozer spare parts
The police on Monday arraigned a security guard, Aliyu Muazu, in an Upper Area Court in Mpape, Abuja for allegedly
- Raped in transit
- CropIT, IITA to launch Nigeria’s first digital advisory agric platform
CropIT Nigeria Limited (CropIT) in partnership with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) have concluded plans to launch a
- Infrastructure investment as missing link in industrialisation masterplan
Charles Nwaoguji, [email protected] Infrastructure and sustainable development are top priorities for governments globally. However as rapid urbanisation and population growth put
- AfCFTA’ll be disastrous without SON at sea ports
The Nigeria Union of Journalist (NUJ) and stakeholders in the maritime industry have predicted that it would be difficult to
- Why we’re participating in Medic West Africa Exhibition – SWISS BIOSTADT
In order to make healthcare equipment available and affordable for healthcare providers, Swiss Biostadt /Siemes said it will be participating
- Why power sector fared badly in Q1 2019
Adewale Sanyaolu The performance of the nation’s power sector in the first of 2019 took a worst turn in the
- Winners emerge in “Mobil Peel & Win” promo
Winners have emerged in the grand finale of the11 Plc, formerly Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc ‘Mobil Peel and Win 2.0’
- NNPC/Seplat JV supports SDGs with community interventions
Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc (SEPLAT), operator of the NNPC/SEPLAT Joint Venture, says its intentions in host communities and other
- Foreign dominance: How govt’s policies weaken indigenous participation in maritime industry
Steve Agbota, [email protected] Maritime sector plays a prominent role in the economy of most nations. The maritime industry holds the key to
- Gulf of Guinea: IMO, IOCs pledge support for NIMASA
The initiatives of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) to ensuring security in the Gulf of Guinea received
- National Border Management Strategy’ll enhance security, economic growth –NIS
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recently unveiled its National Border Strategy 2019, aimedat enhancing national security and economic growth across the
- Emefiele hails Buhari, security agencies over wife’s rescue
- Ex-militant leader, PDP bicker over Dickson, Sylva
Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa An ex-militant leader and chieftain of the All Progressive Congress(APC), Eris Paul (General Ogunboss) and the Peoples
- Politics not for rascals, ungodly people -Ize-Iyamu
Ighomuaye Lucky, Benin Former governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo State, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has challenged
- South-East PDP congratulates own governors on tribunal victories
Obinna Odogwu, Abakaliki The leadership of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the South-East geopolitical zone has congratulated Governors Okezie
- South-East PDP congratulates own govs on tribunal victories
Obinna Odogwu, Abakaliki The leadership of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in the South-East geopolitical zone has congratulated the governors
- Nse Ntuen snatches victory for APC at Akwa Ibom election tribunal
Joe Effiong, Uyo The All Progressives Congress (APC) has now got one member in the Akwa ibom House of Assembly
- Ex-militant leader, PDP bicker over Dickson, Sylva political romance
Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa An ex-militant leader and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Eris Paul, aka General Ogunboss
- PDP chieftain congratulates Gov. Ihedioha on tribunal victory
Chief Remigus Nwaokonkwo, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Imo state has congratulated Gov. Emeka Ihedioha on
- Challenges before returning senators
Fred Itua, Abuja On July 30, the Senate suspended plenary and adjourned till September 24. Next Tuesday, members of the
- Obi advises Nigerian varsities to look inwards
The Vice-Presidential candidates of the PDP, Mr. Peter Obi has advised Nigerian universities to look inwards for the development of
- Election tribunal upholds Sule, Masari’s elections in Nasarawa, Katsina
Godwin Tsa, Abuja and Linus Oota Lafia Election tribunals handling the petition arising from the March 9 governorship elections in
- Dickson demolishes brother-in-law’s house
- BBNaija (S4): Mercy stuns at Saturday night party
Housemate, Mercy Eke was the centre of attention at the 12th Saturday night party in the ongoing BBNaija season four.
- BBNaija (S4): Team Crunch wins N500, 000
Team Crunch consisting Cindy, Seyi, Tacha and Frodd won N500, 000 in the ‘Munch It’ challenge. News Agency of Nigeria
- My sexy eyeballs, my selling points –Annjay Chioma, musician
Rita Okoye Bold and beautiful Annjay Chioma is multi-talented. She is a musician, actress, model, journalist and entrepreneur. Although, Anjay
- Oscar 2020: Entries open to Nollywood filmmakers
Nigerian filmmakers have been called upon to submit their entries for the Best International Feature Film category of the Academy
- Ooni’s in-law Prince Jide Fadairo buries mum in style
When recently, top socialite Prince Jide Fadairo and his siblings lost their beloved mother, Madam Grace Oladunni Otusemowo Fadairo, it
- Audu Brothers fight to finish
In this part of the world, there is a belief that many covet political offices for the perks of power,
- The other side of Chief Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th birthday celebration
On Wednesday, September 11, billionaire businessman, Chief Gabriel Osawaru Igbinedion clocked 85. On Sunday, September 8, ahead of his birthday,
- Bauchi Governor’s new wife, Mariya Bala Muhammed’s love for the needy
In late July, former FCT Minister and now Governor of Bauchi State, Senator Bala Mohammed took Hajiya Natasha Mariya, a
- Oil tycoon Oladipo Jadesimi’s daughter, Emma, takes to dancing in London
For Chief Oladipo Jadesimi, an Oxford University trained lawyer turned oil and gas mogul, he loves his quiet lifestyle. Despite
- Luqman Edu scores bigger deal
It is a known fact that many wealthy parents give their kids a big advantage teaching them social and financial
- September 23, SEC Moves to Develop Commodities Trading Eco-system
- September 23, Sekibo: Poor Identity Management Greatest Barrier to Lending
- September 23, NIPOST Raids Three Illegal Courier Operators in Lagos
- September 23, AFARN Reiterates Commitment to Enhancing Safety
- September 23, Foundation Empowers Women with Interest-free Loans
- September 23, Sekibo: Poor Identity Management Greatest Barrier to Lending
- September 23, NIPOST Raids Three Illegal Courier Operators in Lagos
- September 23, AFARN Reiterates Commitment to Enhancing Safety
- September 23, Foundation Empowers Women with Interest-free Loans
- September 23, Mr Bigg’s Resets Business Model
- September 23, Cashless: Why We Must Support CBN
- September 23, Kaduna Partners Arla Foods on Dairy Industry
- September 23, CropIT, IITA to Launch Digital Advisory Agriculture Platform
- September 23, FCMB Rewards More Customers in Promo
- September 23, Access Bank opens new branch in Osun
- September 23, 1000 Chinese Companies to Attend Lagos Int’l Trade Fair
- September 23, WAPIC Insurance Applies to Raise N5.932bn via Rights Issue
- September 23, Report: At $1.27bn Negative Trade Balance, Nigeria Net Steel Importer
- September 23, Public Sector Finance Professionals Seek ‘Radical Future’
- September 23, Marketers Decry Indiscriminate Citing of Gas Plants in Petrol Stations
- September 23, NCAA, AIB Urged to Synergise for Improved Air Safety in Nigeria
- September 23, NEPC: 30% of Nigerian Exports Don’t Meet Packaging Standard
- September 23, AfDB Approves $500,000 for NEAF
- September 23, YOA Insurance Partners NBA
- September 23, FATE Foundation to Hold Conference
- September 23, Phillips: Why Nigeria Should Not Break Ties with S’Africa
- September 23, NSE All-Share Index Sheds 0.29% Despite 33% Growth Trading Volume
- She aborted my pregnancy after I gave her N1m as rent —Man
I met her when I came to Nigeria from Chicago for a holiday. She told me the pathetic story of
- I want to return N40, 000 dowry to my husband ’cos he insulted my parents, refuses to pray, —Wife
A housewife, Shamsiya Muhammad, has begged a Sharia Court ll, sitting in Magajin Gari, Kaduna State to dissolve her marriage
- I pray for divorce, demand N30,000 as our 3 kids’ monthly feeding allowance, woman tells court
A house wife, Fauziyya Sodangi has prayed a Sharia Court ll sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna, Kaduna State to dissolve
- Proposed new national carrier and economic development
Given the level of investment by private airline operators and their level of readiness in times of national emergency, is
- Leveraging solar power to engender regular electricity supply
For Kare-Dadin Kowa community which had been without reliable electricity supply for years on end, the commissioning of a 9.8mw
- Recapitalisation: Challenges before insurance companies
As the race towards the June 30, 2020 recapitalisation deadline for insurance companies, begins, SULAIMON OLANREWAJU looks at the hurdles
- Why foreigners’ involvement in poultry business must be limited —Ogunnaike
Chief Emmanuel Folorunsho Ogunnaike (MFR), is the chairman of Folhope Limited, a company renowned for integrated farming which includes livestock
- Northern governors identify, adopt NLTP as solution to herders/farmers rift
The Northern State Governors Forum, have identified the National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) as the ideal way to solve the
- We are making exportation of agricultural commodities easy — NAQS DG
Director-General of the Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS), Dr Vincent Isegbe, speaks on the efforts of NAQS to ease the
- How companies build competitive advantage
The key to getting ahead of other players in a sector or industry is to have a competitive advantage. This
- 5 success-enhancing beliefs
Beliefs are powerful; they shape perspective and define behaviours. Beliefs either enhance or vitiate life. What we believe either strengthens
- Assumptions that ruin businesses
According to a 2018 publication of the United States of America-based Small Business Administration, four out of five business outfits
- I want to build the first ageing lab in Nigeria —Omowole
Agbolade Omowole, a graduate of Computer Science from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma in Edo State is the Chief Executive officer
- Government needs to simplify the process of importing raw materials for SMEs — Babangida
Aisha Babangida, a graduate of Communications and Multimedia Designs from American University of Nigeria, is the Chief Executive officer (CEO)
- Meet Oyindamola Johnson, social entrepreneur committed to human capital development
Oyindamola Johnson is the convener of Elevate Your Game. He is a professional social entrepreneur with over eight years experience
- Nigeria bleeds as pipeline vandalism continues unabated
Recently, Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) decried loss of 10,000 barrels of crude oil per day from its operation valued
- $17bn NLNG Train 7 project to generate 40,000 jobs —Wabote
THE Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB), Engr. Simbi Wabote, has said that the execution
- ROSATOM reiterates commitment to nurturing Nigerian youths on nuclear technologies
INSPIRED by the need to raise the next generation of nuclear energy technology experts in Nigeria, ROSATOM, Russia's state-run nuclear
- Abuja Carnival to hold November 23
The annual Abuja Carnival is scheduled to take place between 23rd and 25th November, 2019. The carnival is a yearly
- Amaechi, Mohammed, FRSC AIB for second transport, tourism summit
The Minister of Transport, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, and Alhaji Lai Muhammed, Minister of Information and Culture will be the special
- La Campagne builds world’s first mud house with indoor swimming pool
The vibrancy of a resort centre does not lie in its ability to maintain old facilities alone but in innovative
- A Brief History of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency
A Brief History of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Bitcoin has brought a revolution in the world. Since its start in 2008,
- Experts decry challenges in telecoms industry, proffer solutions
Stakeholders in the telecommunications industry, last week decried challenges impeding effective telecommunications service delivery in the country. They expressed their
- ITU Telecom World 2019 highlights tech innovations improving lives
A host of life-changing innovations were highlighted at the lively awards ceremony, which marked the close of four days of
- NSITF partnersNECA, institutes safe workplace intervention project
The Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), in collaboration with the Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA), has Instituted a Safe
- Ngige’s re-appointment, reward for outstanding performance —ILO
The Director-General of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), Mr Guy Ryder, has commended the re-appointment of Senator Chris Ngige as
- Textile workers hail judicial independence, says tribunal judgement deepens democracy
The General Secretary, National Union of Textile, Garment and Tailoring Workers of Nigeria (NUTGTWN), Comrade Issa Aremu, has described the
- Dana Air takes delivery of first Boeing 737 aircraft
Nigeria’s Dana Air has given its strategic route expansion plan a push with the arrival in Lagos of one of
- Sabre Network partners Babcock University to offer airline travels management
Airline distribution solution provider, Sabre Network West Africa, has commenced its Master in Business Administration (MBA) partnership programme with the
- IATA emphasises importance of Chicago Convention
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has urged aviation stakeholders to continue to be guided by the spirit of the
- 46th AAAN AGM: Experts proffer survival tips in turbulent advertising space
The general consensus, among stakeholders, especially practitioners, in the nation’s advertising industry, at this year’s Annual General Meeting of the
- Only quality tyres should be allowed into Nigeria —Saghal, MD, Asahi Brands
CONCERNED authorities must ensure that only tyres that meet high standards of strength and durability are allowed into the country
- Marketing practitioners, experts relish brand-building tales, achievements at WIA 2019
BESIDES serving as a recognition initiative, aimed at celebrating prominent individual and corporate brands that have made a mark for
- How To cultivate the rare leadership skill few possess
When was the last time you were wrong? Did you freely admit it? And were you willing to accept it?
- 5 ways to find your purpose and create impact as a leader
If you’re a leader or a professional in any capacity, you’ve probably asked yourself at one time or another, “How
- How to walk the talk with your leadership message
What makes a great leader? Is it charisma? Courage? Foresight? All of the above, none of the above, or some
- Conoil assures shareholders of improved returns, as profit rises by 13.8%
Shareholders of Conoil Plc have been assured of juicy returns on their investment in line with its tradition of delivering
- Ekiti governor visits NSE, woo investors
Ekiti Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has assured investors that, with the introduction of relevant policies and legislature, the state is
- H1’2019: GTBank increases PBT by 5.6% •Proposes 30 kobo interim dividend
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc’s (GTBank) half year result has shown positive growth across key financial metrics and reflects its leading
- Take lead in ongoing energy revolution governments urged
THE Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria (ERA/FoEN) has called on African governments to tackle the continent-wide poverty to
- Nigeria, China to strengthen bilateral relation to curb illegal wildlife trade
Nigeria and China are set to strengthen bilateral relations to tackle illegal wildlife trade in line with the Convention on
- FG, UNDP, TRI sensitise youths on climate change issues
THE Federal Government, through the Federal Ministry of Environment, in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Talentplus
- Maritime reforms to encourage foreign direct investment —Peterside
The Director-General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr. Dakuku Peterside, says policies of the Federal Government
- Physical examination of cargoes causing port congestion —NPA MD
MANAGING Director of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Hadiza Bala Usman, has stated that lack of scanners at the ports,
- SIFAX Group boss, experts chart course for maritime sector’s growth
To achieve a greater level of growth in the country’s maritime sector, there is a need to devise a strategic
- CBN sets N2m penalty for use of unapproved e-payment solution
THE Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has warned Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) and Other Financial Institutions (OFIs) against use of
- AfDB launches $2bn 1.625% global benchmark bond
THE African Development Bank, rated Aaa/AAA/AAA (Moody’s/S&P/Fitch, all stable), has launched and priced a US$ 2 billion 3-year Global Benchmark
- Stanbic IBTC Bank leads 19 others in Nigeria’s Q2 capital investment
AS if in a race to outpace each other in capital importation into Nigeria , 19 other lenders have given
- UNILAG seeks to improve artisans’ competitiveness
C ONCERNED over heavy reliance on foreign artisans in the sector of the Nigeria’s economy, owing to the dearth of
- Legislator tasks corporate bodies on rejuvenation of Lagos’ Ajegunle slum
APPARENTLY dissatisfied with the quantum of infrastructure deficits, including the absence of basic amenities that has been the portion of
- Experts laud impact of technology in reshaping estate agency practice
AS a way of doing things faster, better and quicker, technology is making today’s reality of global economy/village possible and
- M/East to realise tourism market value of $133.6bn by 2028, says ATM
Events for Tourism Growth will be adopted as the official show theme for Arabian Travel Market (ATM) 2020 taking place
- NCPC reduces pilgrimage fare, seals deals with handlers
The Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC) has reduced the cost of 2019 general pilgrimage to Israel from N731, 000 to
- Uganda to showcase top tourist attractions at Akwaaba
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) in collaboration with Ugandan Tour Operators will be presenting the country’s top tourist attractions to Nigerian
- TerryTheVoice set to light up music scene with EP ‘Under Surveillance’
Budding music and voice-over artiste, Terence Odenigbo, popularly known as TerryTheVoice is set to set the music scene alight with
- I’ve found my groove back — Saheed Balogun
Saheed Balogun, has come a long way in the movie industry as a cross-over actor with a handful of awards
- What an artiste must know before signing recording contract ― Godfrey Eguakun
Given the rising impasse and unhealthy divorce between record labels and artists US-based Nigerian record label boss of Monkey Media
- ‘Musical videos explicit contents more harmful to youths than Nollywood’
The Director of Islamic Affairs and Chief Imam, Nigerian Navy, Imam Gidado Miqdad, says the explicit contents from musical videos
- Young Nigerian artist, Kareem to meet Taiwanese President
Eleven-year-old Nigerian artist, Waris Kareem, has emerged the recipient of the Taiwan’s Chou Ta-Kuan Cultural and Educational Foundation 22nd Fervent
- Facebook unveils new Portal video chat, TV streaming devices
Facebook Inc (FB.O) unveiled new models of its Portal video chatting devices during the week, making the company’s first foray
- Falz, Sarkodie, Nasty C make history with BET Hip Hop Awards 2019
BET International has announced the launch of a new category to honour artistes from around the world during the BET
- ‘Brodashaggi and I failed many times —SLKomedy
Comedian, SLKomedy, has revealed that finding the right characters for his comedy skit with Brodashaggi was not easy, saying that
- My wedding will be like a movie, says Davido
Assurance crooner, Davido, who proposed to his girlfriend, Chioma, recently is about to take his love with the lady to
- BBNaija: Esther is a sneaky girl —Ike
Esther may be out of the Big Brother Naija house, but she’s not out of the minds of her ex-housemates
- I’m not pregnant, Dayo Amusa cries out
Actress and singer, Dayo Amusa has debunked rumours doing the rounds that she is pregnant as she urged her fans,
- Tiwa Savage, Guy Manoukian to headline Nigerian-Lebanese multicultural concert
The Live in Lagos: Music Hall concert is coming to Lagos again. The concert, which that depicts the fusion of
- The competition in the food industry is very stiff in Nigeria —Slim Olobe
Sade Ademuyiwa is the CEO of the catering outfit, Slim Olobe. In this interview with ROTIMI IGE, she talks about
- BBNaija: Fake nominations put Cindy, Diane, Frodd and Mercy up for possible eviction
The BBNaija ‘Pepper Dem’ season is at fever pitch with only 10 housemates left in the competition. During last Sunday’s
- 2Baba campaigns for peace, good governance as he marks 20 years on stage
Nigerian music icon, Innocent Idibia, popularly known as 2Baba, has announced that he will be leading a campaign to promote
- Snapchat introduces 3D camera mode to add dimension to selfies
Snapchat continues to up its selfie game, and today it’s introducing a new camera mode that it says makes selfies
- ‘The Ghost and the House of Truth’ set for US premiere
‘The Ghost and the House of Truth’, a film by Temple Productions, in association with Slate 1 Films and The
- ‘Digital marketing is the future of business promotion’
Sola Mathew is an Amazon bestselling author, a digital marketing consultant and an international speaker. He is the founder of
- I never slept with any producer for fame —Slay Queen
Yoruba actress, Opeyemi Ademeso, popularly known as Slay Queen, is gradually building a name for herself in the movie industry
- ‘I suffered 11 miscarriages after seven years of marriage before I had my son’
Popular actress and movie producer, Linda Adedeji, gives her best to any role she is given and has wormed her
- Breaking my record will be hard for any producer —Krizbeatz
Krizbeatz has produced beats for many acts from within and outside Africa. When are you going to start taking your
- Why no producer can approach me for sex —Deola Layade
Serial entrepreneur and creative director of Azaria Bespoke Company Limited, Adeola Layade, is a movie producer, actress and baker. Layade,
- I’ll give marriage another chance again if…. —Juliet Ibrahim
You have been somehow quiet. Many people are wondering what could have made you keep a low profile for a
- Nigerian music is growing, but… —Kadiri, Boomplay General Manager
How has life been managing the affairs of Boomplay Music? Life has been on a rollercoaster of sleepless nights and
- I told my children to be educated before going into music —KSA
Afro Beats King, Chief Sunday Ishola Adeniyi Adegeye, popularly known as King Sunny Ade (KSA), will be 73 years old
- How my experience in Hollywood shaped my act as a filmmaker —Dolly Nwaduba
Dolly Nwaduba is a Nigerian writer, actress and producer. She joined the Nigerian movie industry, fondly known as Nollywood, after
- Baby mama degrades women —Ogeh Cynthia, filmmaker
Ogeh Cynthia is a Nigerian filmmaker and movie producer in the diaspora. Based in Canada, the Anambra State born also
- I care so much about my pretty face —Bidemi Mustapha (Minaj)
Bidemi Mustapha, popularly known as Minaj is one actress, who does not only pay attention to her acting, but also
- I started a revolution which gave Nigerian girls confidence to express sexuality —Afrocandy
She has no other way to be described other than controversial celebrity going by her lifestyle and brand. United States-based
- I can’t retire from acting ’cos nobody ’ll pay me pension —Antar Laniyan
What have you been up to in the last few years? I have been into acting and movie directing. And
- I need a white sperm donor
I am a spinster who desires to have a mixed blood (Mullatto) child. In view of this, I will appreciate
- My ugly stretch marks
I am an undergraduate in one of the universities in the country. I have stretch marks all over my body
- My swollen tummy and feet
I have been finding it difficult to sleep well these past few weeks. The alarming thing is that my tummy,
- New prostate cancer blood test could reduce biopsies
A new blood test that looks for circulating tumor cells could significantly improve the diagnosis of prostate cancer and avoid
- When high blood pressure becomes an emergency
High blood pressure is often associated with few or no symptoms. Many people have it for years without knowing it
- Tuberculosis and HIV co-infection on the increase in Nigeria ― NGO
AN NGO, Heartland Alliance International (HAI), says the Federal Government should be aware that Tuberculosis and HIV co-infection is on
- Can eating too much sugar, fat cause erectile dysfunction?
Sex hormones, healthy blood sugar, and insulin balance are more intimately linked than you might think. In this report by
- Edible camphor in high doses poisonous — Scientists
Raw edible camphor, and as a component of herbal infusions is widely used to treat pile, back pain, erectile dysfunction,
- Moringa oleifera extract may protect against glaucoma —Scientists
For centuries, Moringa oleifera leaf has been used in traditional medicine for common ailments in many countries of the world
- I am depressed, what can be done for me?
Bose has not been feeling quite well for the past six weeksnow. She gets tired all of the time, cries
- World Suicide Prevention Day 2019: Everyone has a role to play
The sober facts of avoidable waste of precious human lives through suicide remain incontrovertible and sad. A million suicide deaths
- Book on optimal mental health: Nigerian Tribune and the promotion of mental health awareness
The media (traditional and new media) are powerful influencers and shapers of public opinion. They can also be strong and
- Ita-Giwa turns passion to business
‘Mama Bakassi’ as female politician, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa, is known is a woman favoured with the gift of turning everything
- What push-ups can tell about your heart
Can you do 40 push ups? No, not over the course of a month, but in a row? If not,
- Five menstruation myths you must leave behind
Approximately half of the world’s population experiences, will experience, or has experienced menstruation, and yet myths about this biological process
- Where does your baby sleep?
SADE OGUNTOLA, in this piece, examines the risks and benefits of mothers co-sleeping with their babies and the positions of
- Why pregnant women must avoid unprescribed medications —Dr Adebiyi
Dr Adewole Adebiyi is a consultant cardiologist with University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Oyo State. In this interview by YINKA
- Woman, if you smell bad, quickly see a doctor—Experts
For decades, the stigma surrounding periods has been convincing women that they need to take extra measures to stay fresh
- Diabetes – How it affects your eyes
I was invited to speak at the forum of the United for Vision Club a few days ago. I had
- A glimpse into the future – The year 2022
I went to visit my friend Mike in the Futura City, about two hours away from mine. I hadn’t seen
- ‘Life is better when you are happy, but at its best when many others are happy because of you’
With troubled heart, low spirits and morale, I could see nothing but gloom all around me. The usual permanent smile