- Cameroon, Nigeria AFCON teams protest unpaid football bonuses - Quartz Cameroon, Nigeria AFCON teams protest unpaid football bonuses Quartz
The recurring disputes are a microcosm of the corruption and mismanagement that plagues high-level soccer across Africa.
- Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: June 15–21 - Council on Foreign Relations Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: June 15–21 Council on Foreign Relations
This update represents violence in Nigeria and related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger from June 15 to 21, 2019.
- Germany tops Nigeria, reaches Women's World Cup quarters - Fox News Germany tops Nigeria, reaches Women's World Cup quarters Fox News
Alexandra Popp had just scored a go-ahead goal against Nigeria in her 100th international appearance when Japanese referee Yoshimi Yamashita signaled for ...
- Yewande Komolafe’s 10 Essential Nigerian Recipes - The New York Times Yewande Komolafe’s 10 Essential Nigerian Recipes The New York Times
The recipe writer, who grew up in Lagos and found herself searching for Nigerian flavors in New York, chooses the dishes that define the cuisine for her.
- UPDATE 1-Nigeria's central bank will keep controversial FX system - Reuters UPDATE 1-Nigeria's central bank will keep controversial FX system Reuters
Nigeria's central bank will keep its foreign exchange system, its governor said on Monday, supporting a controversial managed float of the naira that investors ...
- Nigeria end protest, head home from World Cup - ESPN Nigeria end protest, head home from World Cup ESPN
The Nigeria women's team ended their protest over unpaid bonuses and left their hotel in France following their elimination from the World Cup.
- These Nigerian schools are teaching more in a term than they used to in a year. Here's how - World Economic Forum These Nigerian schools are teaching more in a term than they used to in a year. Here's how World Economic Forum
Six in 10 people in Nigeria's Edo state live on or under the poverty line, and a poor education system has been a stumbling block to growth, development and ...
- Nigeria 1-0 Burundi: Africa Cup of Nations - as it happened - The Guardian Nigeria 1-0 Burundi: Africa Cup of Nations - as it happened The Guardian
Odion Ighalo scored from a brilliant Ola Aina assist as Nigeria wore down a spirited Burundi side in Alexandria.
- Position Paper: Fighting Insecurity - Changing Nigeria's Security Architecture? - Nigeria - ReliefWeb Position Paper: Fighting Insecurity - Changing Nigeria's Security Architecture? - Nigeria ReliefWeb
English Analysis on Nigeria about Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding, Protection and Human Rights and IDPs; published on 24 Jun 2019 by Nextier SPD.
- Uganda upsets DR Congo, Nigeria edges out Burundi, Madagascar wins first point ever - FRANCE 24 Uganda upsets DR Congo, Nigeria edges out Burundi, Madagascar wins first point ever FRANCE 24
In Group A, Uganda confidently beat the Democratic Republic of Congo 2-0, while in Group B Nigeria beat Burundi with a single goal.
- 30 dead in triple suicide bomb blasts in Nigeria - CNN 30 dead in triple suicide bomb blasts in Nigeria CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) Three suicide bombers, two girls and a boy, killed 30 people and injured 39 others when they detonated explosives in Nigeria's northeast, ...
- Nigerian TNE offers "huge potential" for new ventures - QAA report - The PIE News Nigerian TNE offers "huge potential" for new ventures - QAA report The PIE News
Transnational education in Nigeria has “huge potential” and is expected to take off as the country stabilises politically, socially and economically, according to a ...
- From Nigeria To Springfield, Missouri: Tayo Bakare Blooms Where Planted - KSMU Radio From Nigeria To Springfield, Missouri: Tayo Bakare Blooms Where Planted KSMU Radio
Temitayo “Tayo” Bakare is 35-years-old with a family and a job as clinical director of pharmacy at CoxHealth in Springfield. But her life began thousands.
- MAX.ng raises $7M round backed by Yamaha and pilots EVs in Nigeria - TechCrunch MAX.ng raises $7M round backed by Yamaha and pilots EVs in Nigeria TechCrunch
Nigerian motorcycle transit startup MAX.ng has raised a $7 million funding round led by Novastar Ventures, with participation from Japanese manufacturer ...
- At least 8 killed in Nigeria oil pipeline blast - Rappler At least 8 killed in Nigeria oil pipeline blast Rappler
Authorities say the accident happened during maintenance work on the pipeline in Oyigbo near the West African country's oil hub Port Harcourt.
- An attack on free speech in Nigeria - The Economist An attack on free speech in Nigeria The Economist
NIGERIA'S PRESIDENT, Muhammadu Buhari, once described press freedom as a “sound democratic ideal”. At the time he was on the presidential campaign ...
- Nigerian Energy Tycoon Femi Otedola Concludes Sale Of Forte Oil - Forbes Nigerian Energy Tycoon Femi Otedola Concludes Sale Of Forte Oil Forbes
Nigerian energy tycoon Femi Otedola has concluded the sale of his 75% stake in Forte Oil, a publicly listed oil marketing company, to Prudent Energy, a local oil ...
- Nigeria Kills 42 Islamic State Fighters in Military Offensive - Bloomberg Nigeria Kills 42 Islamic State Fighters in Military Offensive Bloomberg
At least 42 fighters aligned with the Islamic State West Africa Province were killed in Nigeria on Friday and several wounded after troops launched an offensive ...
- Nigeria’s Christian community slowly being erased as militants step up vicious killings, kidnappings - Fox News Nigeria’s Christian community slowly being erased as militants step up vicious killings, kidnappings Fox News
Rebecca Sharibu's teenaged daughter, Leah, was kidnapped by Boko Haram militants in Nigeria. Now she is turning to the U.S government in a desperate plea ...
- Nigeria motorcycle ride-hailing service MAX.ng raises $7 million - ImpactAlpha Nigeria motorcycle ride-hailing service MAX.ng raises $7 million ImpactAlpha
ImpactAlpha, June 24 – Transit startup MAX.ng is known for its motorcycle ride-hailing *service*, a growing transport trend in Africa's traffic-choked cities, like its ...
- Nigeria's bankers unite in support of Nigeria's most vulnerable in a visit to IDP camps in Maiduguri - Nigeria - ReliefWeb Nigeria's bankers unite in support of Nigeria's most vulnerable in a visit to IDP camps in Maiduguri - Nigeria ReliefWeb
Maiduguri, 18 June 2019 – Some of Nigeria's leading bank executives came together to show solidary with their fellow Nigerians affected by the ongoing crisis ...
- We’re committed to educating 10m Nigerian girls —Plan International - The Punch We’re committed to educating 10m Nigerian girls —Plan International The Punch
Kayode Idowu, Maiduguri Child rights organisation, Plan International Nigeria has said it has plans to educate 10 million Nigerian girls in the ...
- France beats Nigeria in dramatic Women's World Cup match - CNN France beats Nigeria in dramatic Women's World Cup match CNN
(CNN) It took a remarkable six-minute period in the second half for what had been a largely uneventful Women's World Cup match to come to life in Rennes as ...
- Africa Cup of Nations 2019: 'I expect Nigeria to win it all,' says Super Eagles legend Jay-Jay Okocha - Deutsche Welle Africa Cup of Nations 2019: 'I expect Nigeria to win it all,' says Super Eagles legend Jay-Jay Okocha Deutsche Welle
Nigeria made a big impact in the 1990s, but have failed to build on their golden era. Ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, Jay-Jay Okocha spoke to DW ...
- Football: Hotel party as Nigeria scrape into last 16 - The Star Online Football: Hotel party as Nigeria scrape into last 16 The Star Online
(Reuters) - Nigeria's women sealed a place in the knockout phase of the World Cup for the first time in 20 years without kicking a ball on Thursday -- three days ...
- Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria's Samuel Kalu collapses with dehydration in training - BBC Sport Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria's Samuel Kalu collapses with dehydration in training BBC Sport
Nigeria forward Samuel Kalu is taken to hospital on the eve of his side's first Africa Cup of Nations match suffering from "severe dehydration".
- Buhari Recommends Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Nigeria, Says Nigerians Are Stubborn - SaharaReporters.com Buhari Recommends Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Nigeria, Says Nigerians Are Stubborn SaharaReporters.com
I believe by the time anyone caught in the act faces death penalty other people will learn and stop."
- Nigeria Upsets South Korea for Rare World Cup Win - The New York Times Nigeria Upsets South Korea for Rare World Cup Win The New York Times
GRENOBLE, France — Nigeria took their chances against the run of play on Wednesday to beat South Korea, 2-0, for rare success at the Women's World Cup, ...
- Nigerian investigators dismiss wild reports rogue gorilla ate $22G in cash at zoo, pin missing money on armed robbers - Fox News Nigerian investigators dismiss wild reports rogue gorilla ate $22G in cash at zoo, pin missing money on armed robbers Fox News
Nigerian investigators have been forced to dismiss claims that a rogue gorilla ate 6.8 million Naira ($22,000) in cash at a zoo - because it doesn't exist.
- ACT Alliance Appeal: Emergency Response to Conflict-affected Populations in the Lake Chad Basin (Chad, Nigeria and Cameroon) - LTCD 19 - Nigeria - ReliefWeb ACT Alliance Appeal: Emergency Response to Conflict-affected Populations in the Lake Chad Basin (Chad, Nigeria and Cameroon) - LTCD 19 - Nigeria ReliefWeb
English Appeal on Nigeria and 3 other countries about Coordination, Food and Nutrition, Aged Persons, Children and more; published on 24 Jun 2019 by ACT ...
- Nigeria turns the tide on electronic waste - UN Environment Nigeria turns the tide on electronic waste UN Environment
The Nigerian Government, the Global Environment Facility and UN Environment have announced a $15-million initiative to kick off a circular electronics system ...
- Nigeria head home from FIFA Women's World Cup after ending protest over unpaid bonuses - Insidethegames.biz Nigeria head home from FIFA Women's World Cup after ending protest over unpaid bonuses Insidethegames.biz
Nigeria have ended their sit-in protest over unpaid bonuses and allowances and left their hotel in France following elimination from the FIFA Women's World ...
- Nigerian court adjourns Oando case against securities regulator to July 22 - Nasdaq Nigerian court adjourns Oando case against securities regulator to July 22 Nasdaq
LAGOS, June 24- A federal court in Lagos adjourned a case brought by local oil firm Oando to stop Nigeria's financial watchdog from replacing its.
- UN, Nigeria launch $15m electronics waste initiative - Energy Live News - Energy Made Easy UN, Nigeria launch $15m electronics waste initiative Energy Live News - Energy Made Easy
A new $15 million (£12m) initiative to kick off a circular electronics system and bring an end to the toxic management of electronic waste (e-waste) in Nigeria has ...
- Nigeria’s Oil Thieves Roar Back as Militants Kept in Check - Bloomberg Nigeria’s Oil Thieves Roar Back as Militants Kept in Check Bloomberg
Just as Nigeria gets to grips with militants who brought the nation's oil industry to its knees a few years ago, another group of longstanding foes are slowly ...
- The Animal Farm called Nigeria - The Punch The Animal Farm called Nigeria The Punch
Tunde Odesola. (. ) God's name is love. Always, His thoughts towards Man are good. On the morning of creation day, God said, “Let there be light: and there was ...
- New York Visit: Osinbajo Claims Kidnapping Not 'Entirely' New In Nigeria - SaharaReporters.com New York Visit: Osinbajo Claims Kidnapping Not 'Entirely' New In Nigeria SaharaReporters.com
With respect to general kidnapping which we have seen in parts of the country, again, this is not entirely new. In fact, some of the kidnapping stories you read or ...
- Monday's Daily Brief: World population, Desertification Day, ocean protection, Nigeria, Yemen and Gaza - UN News Monday's Daily Brief: World population, Desertification Day, ocean protection, Nigeria, Yemen and Gaza UN News
To start this week, we cover: food aid diversions in Yemen; 9.7 billion of people on earth by 2050; Law of the Sea Convention; World Day to Combat ...
- Nigerian President Buhari sworn in for second term, facing key security challenges - CNN Nigerian President Buhari sworn in for second term, facing key security challenges CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari took the reins of leadership for another term on Wednesday, against a tense backdrop of ...
- W. Africa Crude-Nigeria's Qua Iboe exports to rise - Reuters Africa W. Africa Crude-Nigeria's Qua Iboe exports to rise Reuters Africa
Nigeria's loading programmes for August were starting to be issued on Monday with the Qua Iboe schedule pointing to more ample supplies.
- Amnesty Sets Agenda to Address Nigeria's Human Rights Violations - Council on Foreign Relations Amnesty Sets Agenda to Address Nigeria's Human Rights Violations Council on Foreign Relations
On the occasion of President Muhammadu Buhari's second inauguration, Amnesty International has issued a report, “Nigeria: Human Rights Agenda,” a ...
- Germany march past Nigeria with a little help from VAR - RTE.ie Germany march past Nigeria with a little help from VAR RTE.ie
Nigeria coach Thomas Dennerby refused to blame VAR for their Women's World Cup exit at the hands of Germany but believes no one has found the solution to ...
- EU Observers Say Nigeria 2019 Elections Weren't Transparent - Bloomberg EU Observers Say Nigeria 2019 Elections Weren't Transparent Bloomberg
Nigeria's 2019 general elections won by President Muhammadu Buhari and his All Progressives Congress weren't transparent and were marred by violence ...
- FG takes verification of ex-Nigeria Airways workers to London - The Punch FG takes verification of ex-Nigeria Airways workers to London The Punch
Ifeanyi Onuba, Abuja. The Federal Government on Sunday said it is taking the verification and payment of ex-workers of the defunct Nigeria Airways Limited in ...
- Sani Abacha: Former Nigerian dictator's $267m seized from Jersey account - CNN Sani Abacha: Former Nigerian dictator's $267m seized from Jersey account CNN
Lagos (CNN) Authorities in Jersey say they have seized more than $267 million from the family and associates of late Nigerian military dictator Sani Abacha.
- Fast and furious: Nigeria's motorcycle taxis - Aljazeera.com Fast and furious: Nigeria's motorcycle taxis Aljazeera.com
Some consider motorcycle taxis dangerous, but venture capitalists are investing millions in these ride-hailing startups.
- Nigerian leaders honor deceased bishop as servant, peacemaker - Catholic News Agency Nigerian leaders honor deceased bishop as servant, peacemaker Catholic News Agency
At a funeral earlier this month, Nigerian religious and political leaders paid tribute to Bishop Kevin Aje of Sokoto, well-known as a role model who worked for ...
- New Wave of Middle-Class Emigration Deepens Nigeria's Skill Shortage - Bloomberg New Wave of Middle-Class Emigration Deepens Nigeria's Skill Shortage Bloomberg
A new wave of emigration among Nigeria's middle class is robbing the oil-rich West African nation of skills and putting local recruitment under pressure.
- Afcon 2019: Shehu Abdullahi, two others missing as Nigeria train behind closed doors for Guinea - Goal.com Afcon 2019: Shehu Abdullahi, two others missing as Nigeria train behind closed doors for Guinea Goal.com
Shehu Abdullahi, Jamilu Collins and Samul Kalu were all absent from Nigeria training on Monday ahead of their Africa Cup of Nations clash with Guinea.
- Kidnapped Catholic priest freed in Nigeria - Vatican News Kidnapped Catholic priest freed in Nigeria Vatican News
Police forces in Nigeria's Edo State liberate a Catholic priest who was abducted by suspected Fulani herders after Mass.
- Nigeria Has Become Africa's Money-Losing Machine - Forbes Nigeria Has Become Africa's Money-Losing Machine Forbes
Fire from a pipeline explosion in Nembe, Nigeria. The image serves as a partial testament to oil-and-gas-rich Nigeria's failure to improve its energy infrastructure.
- Africa Cup of Nations 2019 Tactical Preview: Nigeria - Football Bloody Hell Africa Cup of Nations 2019 Tactical Preview: Nigeria Football Bloody Hell
Tactical preview of Nigeria ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations using statistics. In this analysis, get a statistics driven tactical preview of Nigeria. This tactical ...
- The Nigerian refugee who saved her daughters from FGM - Al Jazeera English The Nigerian refugee who saved her daughters from FGM Al Jazeera English
Odachi* secretly saved money for her daughters' UK flights to save them from FGM, but had to leave her son behind.
- Nigeria shuts down private TV, radio stations tied to opposition - Aljazeera.com Nigeria shuts down private TV, radio stations tied to opposition Aljazeera.com
Opposition party member and business tycoon Raymond Dokpesi accuses presidency of intimidation, crackdown on his media.
- Gangs kill dozens in series of attacks in northern Nigeria - Al Jazeera English Gangs kill dozens in series of attacks in northern Nigeria Al Jazeera English
The attacks, carried out overnight in Sokoto, saw the gangs ride out from forest hideouts into villages with weapons.
- Letter from Africa: A royal feud threatens Nigeria's heritage - BBC News Letter from Africa: A royal feud threatens Nigeria's heritage BBC News
In our series of letters from African journalists, the editor-in-chief of Nigeria's Daily Trust newspaper, Mannir Dan Ali, considers why politicians have taken aim at ...
- Nigeria: Widespread Violence Ushers in President's New Term - Human Rights Watch Nigeria: Widespread Violence Ushers in President's New Term Human Rights Watch
The Nigeria elections in 2019 that brought President Muhammadu Buhari back into office for a second term were marred by political violence, some of it by ...
- Muhammadu Buhari has big ambitions for Nigerian manufacturing - The Economist Muhammadu Buhari has big ambitions for Nigerian manufacturing The Economist
SUNLIGHT POURS onto yellowing cloth in the Gaskiya textile factory in Kano, northern Nigeria's largest city, through gaping holes in its tin roof. Chickens in the ...
- Cameroon, Nigeria qualify for knockout of 2019 Women's World Cup - Africanews English Cameroon, Nigeria qualify for knockout of 2019 Women's World Cup Africanews English
Africa has two teams in the knockout stage as final day of group fixtures produces high-tempo games and outcomes.
- Watch the Moment Nigeria Found Out It Advanced to the WWC Knockout Stage - Sports Illustrated Watch the Moment Nigeria Found Out It Advanced to the WWC Knockout Stage Sports Illustrated
Watch the moment Nigeria players found out they were advancing to the Women's World Cup knockout stage.
- Afcon 2019: Shehu Abdullahi may miss rest of Nigeria campaign with hamstring injury - Goal.com Afcon 2019: Shehu Abdullahi may miss rest of Nigeria campaign with hamstring injury Goal.com
The defender is gradually recovering from a hamstring injury and will play no part when the Super Eagles face the National Elephants on Wednesday.
- We sensed dad was disappointed about Nigeria before his death –Zik’s son - The Punch We sensed dad was disappointed about Nigeria before his death –Zik’s son The Punch
Uwakwe is the son of the late Nigeria's first President, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe. He talks about his father's life and politics with OGBONNA CASMIR. Tell us more ...
- Nigerians got poorer in Muhammadu Buhari’s first term - The Economist Nigerians got poorer in Muhammadu Buhari’s first term The Economist
He will need to solve a revenue crisis in his second.
- Nigeria 0-1 France, South Korea 1-2 Norway: Women's World Cup – as it happened - The Guardian Nigeria 0-1 France, South Korea 1-2 Norway: Women's World Cup – as it happened The Guardian
Wendie Renard's penalty, awarded via VAR and then retaken after VAR wiped out her miss, gave France a 100% record while two more spot-kicks guided ...
- Nigerian women's team hoping for World Cup revenge against France - FRANCE 24 Nigerian women's team hoping for World Cup revenge against France FRANCE 24
The Nigerian women's football team are training hard in preparation for their match against the French hosts on June 17 – hoping that they won't undergo a ...
- Nigeria demolishes Globacom masts - Mobile World Live Nigeria demolishes Globacom masts Mobile World Live
The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) started tearing down more than 7,000 Globacom masts for falling foul of maximum height regulations.
- Nigeria Plans to Invest $500 Million to Boost Palm Oil Production - Bloomberg Nigeria Plans to Invest $500 Million to Boost Palm Oil Production Bloomberg
Nigeria plans to increase its palm oil production 700% over the next eight years to help improve its foreign-exchange earnings that are largely dependent on ...
- Nigeria vs Guinea Prediction, Betting Tips & Odds | 26/06/2019 - bwin news Nigeria vs Guinea Prediction, Betting Tips & Odds | 26/06/2019 bwin news
We like 12/5 for the Super Eagles to win and over 2.5 goals for our top Nigeria vs Guinea prediction and have other Africa Cup of Nations betting tips.
- Strapped for Cash, Nigeria Plans to Close Some Embassies - Council on Foreign Relations Strapped for Cash, Nigeria Plans to Close Some Embassies Council on Foreign Relations
Nigeria, the “Giant of Africa,” has a long history of diplomatic leadership. It was one of the founders of the African Union and of the Economic Comm…
- Scores feared dead in Nigeria pipeline explosion - Al-Arabiya Scores feared dead in Nigeria pipeline explosion Al-Arabiya
Scores are feared dead following an oil pipeline explosion in southeastern Nigeria, officials said Monday, with some putting the toll at more than.
- Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr cools title talk - BBC Sport Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr cools title talk BBC Sport
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr downplays his team's chances of winning a fourth title at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt which kicks off on Friday.
- What the US could learn about vaccination from Nigeria - The Conversation - US What the US could learn about vaccination from Nigeria The Conversation - US
Nigeria's highly mobilized efforts to eliminate polio, and even tackle measles and other vaccine-preventable diseases along the way, may have lessons for the ...
- Nigeria solar power could fix costly electricity problems - Quartz Nigeria solar power could fix costly electricity problems Quartz
Lengthy power cuts are pretty much a daily experience in Nigeria. The country's epileptic power supply has been identified by businesses as the second biggest ...
- Nigerians describe horrors of Fulani atrocities: 'There is a genocide going on' - The Christian Post Nigerians describe horrors of Fulani atrocities: 'There is a genocide going on' The Christian Post
Nigerians from predominantly Christian tribes in Nigeria visited the United States this week to describe the atrocities they've faced at the hands of Fulani radicals ...
- With Growing Extreme Poverty, Nigeria's 'Emerging Middle Class' Is Leaving –John Campbell, Ex-US Ambassador To Nigeria - SaharaReporters.com With Growing Extreme Poverty, Nigeria's 'Emerging Middle Class' Is Leaving –John Campbell, Ex-US Ambassador To Nigeria SaharaReporters.com
Former United States of America's Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell, has said in his latest blog post that there is a trend that Nigeria's emerging middle ...
- Nigeria not failed project – Osakwe - The Punch Nigeria not failed project – Osakwe The Punch
Dr Andy Osakwe, Convener, Summit Bible Church (SBC), Abuja, has said that Nigeria is not a failed project, contrary to the erroneous belief in some quarters.
- Nigeria's Central Bank Signals Weaker Official Naira - Bloomberg Nigeria's Central Bank Signals Weaker Official Naira Bloomberg
The Central Bank of Nigeria signaled it will allow the naira to weaken past its official rate as it gradually unwinds its regime of multiple exchange rates, data on its ...
- How plastic bottles are paying for lessons in Nigeria - BBC News How plastic bottles are paying for lessons in Nigeria BBC News
A school in Nigeria is accepting empty plastic bottles in exchange for payment of school fees.
- APC stakeholders ask Buhari to sack Kyari - Legit.ng APC stakeholders ask Buhari to sack Kyari Legit.ng
Some APC stakeholders have asked Buhari to sack Abba Kyari, the president's chief of staff. - According to the group, Nigerians elected Muhammadu Buhari ...
- Nigeria's Buhari kicks off challenge-filled second term with low-key inauguration - Reuters Nigeria's Buhari kicks off challenge-filled second term with low-key inauguration Reuters
ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari was sworn in on Wednesday for a second term at a low-key inauguration ceremony in which he ...
- Nigeria accused of 'scurrilous' attempt to gag press - The Guardian Nigeria accused of 'scurrilous' attempt to gag press The Guardian
Strict new conditions for covering government proceedings and the re-arrest of a prominent journalist on terrorism charges have raised concerns about ...
- Worshippers seek Nigerian televangelist's blessing in Nazareth - Reuters Worshippers seek Nigerian televangelist's blessing in Nazareth Reuters
Evangelical Christians have flocked to Israel for a mass faith-healing by a celebrity Nigerian pastor outside Jesus's hometown of Nazareth.
- Nigerian Air Force Denies Supplying Weapons To Herdsmen In Enugu - SaharaReporters.com Nigerian Air Force Denies Supplying Weapons To Herdsmen In Enugu SaharaReporters.com
The report alleged that helicopters had been seen on several occasions flying at a low level and landing in the forest area to 'discharge their packages'.
- Women's World Cup: Super Falcons plan to become a force in women's football - CNN Women's World Cup: Super Falcons plan to become a force in women's football CNN
(CNN) Rarely is there respite when trying to transform a country's sporting fortunes. For all the talent, there are the obstacles; for all the expectations, there is the ...
- Nigeria's Buhari signals four more years like the last - Reuters Nigeria's Buhari signals four more years like the last Reuters
ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari promised on Wednesday to repeat in his second term successes from his first four years including an ...
- Two Nigerian Rappers Were Arrested by the Government for Scamming—But Did They Do It? - Pitchfork Two Nigerian Rappers Were Arrested by the Government for Scamming—But Did They Do It? Pitchfork
Naira Marley and Zlatan's cheeky political song “Am I a Yahoo Boy” prompted immediate action from the government.
- Confusion Over Nigeria's Currency Regime Exposes Its Fragility - Bloomberg Confusion Over Nigeria's Currency Regime Exposes Its Fragility Bloomberg
It took only a small change in wording on the Nigerian central bank's website this week to get some analysts speculating that the nation's multiple exchange-rate ...
- Tuesday's Daily Brief: violence surges in Nigeria, anti-Semitism on the march, taxing pollution to tackle climate crisis, and more - UN News Tuesday's Daily Brief: violence surges in Nigeria, anti-Semitism on the march, taxing pollution to tackle climate crisis, and more UN News
Tuesday's main stories include: thousands fleeing into Niger as violence surges in Nigeria; UN rights office condemns rise in anti-Semitic incidents; UN chief ...
- World Cup 2019: Nigeria on 'changing mentality' of women's football in Africa - BBC Sport World Cup 2019: Nigeria on 'changing mentality' of women's football in Africa BBC Sport
Nigeria players Francisca Ordega and Asisat Oshoala on their personal struggles, inspirations and responsibilities going into this summer's World Cup.
- Women’s World Cup: Nigeria looks to upset Norway in opener - Los Angeles Times Women’s World Cup: Nigeria looks to upset Norway in opener Los Angeles Times
The first full day of matches kicks off at the 2019 Women's World Cup in France, with Nigeria looking to upset Norway.
- Once Again Nigeria Has the Most Popular World Cup Jersey - Highsnobiety Once Again Nigeria Has the Most Popular World Cup Jersey Highsnobiety
Nigeria has done it again, scoring the most popular football kit in the Women's World Cup. Find out more about the Nike-designed kit here.
- Olumba Olumba reveals major reason for killings in Nigeria - Daily Post Nigeria Olumba Olumba reveals major reason for killings in Nigeria Daily Post Nigeria
The sole spiritual head of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star, Leader Olumba Olumba Obu, has said that the greed of Nigeria's leaders is at the root of.
- Global Christian persecution is worsening while American churches slumber - USA TODAY Global Christian persecution is worsening while American churches slumber USA TODAY
The American church is feeding itself to death as the worldwide church is being murdered.
- Plastic bottles are paying for school in Lagos, Nigeria - TimesLIVE Plastic bottles are paying for school in Lagos, Nigeria TimesLIVE
A school in Lagos, Nigeria, is accepting empty plastic bottles from parents in exchange for their children's school fees.
- Meet Teni, The Rule-Breaking Artist Shaking Up Nigeria’s Music Industry - Complex Meet Teni, The Rule-Breaking Artist Shaking Up Nigeria’s Music Industry Complex
Back in February, Teniola Apata brought TENI LIVE, a 20-date world tour, to the UK, selling out a string of dates and cementing her rising global status. As the ...
- What is magic without ape parts? Inside the illicit trade devastating Nigeria's apes - Mongabay.com What is magic without ape parts? Inside the illicit trade devastating Nigeria's apes Mongabay.com
Beliefs regarding the spiritual powers of apes drive a thriving trade in ape body parts in Nigeria and beyond. In many cultures within Nigeria, chimpanzee and ...
- Desperate Nigerians exploit gay, outcast claims, Boko Haram war to seek asylum in Europe, US, Canada - The Punch Desperate Nigerians exploit gay, outcast claims, Boko Haram war to seek asylum in Europe, US, Canada The Punch
JESUSEGUN ALAGBE writes about some claims Nigerians make to embassies and their 'host' countries to secure asylum status. Henry (not real name) recently ...
- Ola Aina's No-Look Backheel Assist For Nigeria Is Just Outrageous - SPORTbible Ola Aina's No-Look Backheel Assist For Nigeria Is Just Outrageous SPORTbible
Take a bow.
- What I’ve Learned About Style From My Nigerian Father - Vogue.com What I’ve Learned About Style From My Nigerian Father Vogue.com
I've never thought of myself as much of a daddy's girl. Though if I look back on my first childhood memories, it's clear my father had an idea of the woman I would ...
- Nigeria and Royal Dutch Shell begin contract negotiations - Financial Times Nigeria and Royal Dutch Shell begin contract negotiations Financial Times
Nigeria has begun renegotiating oil contracts with Royal Dutch Shell that could lead to major energy companies generating billions of dollars less in revenues ...
- Burna Boy Wins 2019 BET Best International Act [allAfrica] Cape Town -The popular singer-songwriter Burna Boy has been announced the winner of the Best International act category at the 2019 edition of BET Awards.
- 25,794 People Killed in Attacks During Buhari's First Term - Report [Premium Times] At least 25,794 people were killed in various attacks during the first term of President Muhammadu Buhari between May 2015 and May 2019, a report analysed by PREMIUM TIMES indicates.
- Ponzi Scheme MMM Is Back [Premium Times] Over a year after the popular Ponzi scheme, Mavrodi Mundial Moneybox (MMM) crashed in Nigeria dashing the hope of over three million Nigerians, the scheme is back
- 133 Deadliest Roads in Nigeria [Vanguard] Insecurity is about the biggest challenge facing the Nigeria of today, that is not to say education, health, and other germane sectors are less important and unconventionally, bad roads all across Nigeria have been an unsolicited tool in the hands of daredevils that have ruptured our fragile unity.
- Tribunal Rejects Atiku's Request for Access to INEC Server [Premium Times] The Presidential Election Tribunal on Monday rejected the request by the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, and his party to compel the Independent National Electoral Commission to allow them access to the server used for this year's presidential election.
- Port Harcourt Airport Reopens [This Day] Many passengers billed to travel from the Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa, in Rivers State were stranded yesterday when the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) failed to reopen the airport 24 hours after Air Peace flight skidded off the runway due to heavy flooding on Saturday.
- 'Over 13 Million Nigerians Battle With Malaria Annually' [Daily Trust] Malam Umar Aminu-Imam, President, Environmental Health Officers Association of Nigeria (EHOAN) in Katsina State, has said that 13,687,500 Nigerians battled with malaria annually.
- Nigeria's Current Challenges, Signs of Coming Greatness - VP Osinbajo [Premium Times] Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Sunday said the current challenges facing Nigeria were signs that the country was bound for greatness.
- Eight Injured As Building Collapses in Lagos [This Day] Eight persons were injured after another building collapsed yesterday at the Mafoluku area of Oshodi in Lagos State.
- Swallows Swallowed By Nigeria ... Black Stars in Action Tomorrow [Ghanaian Times] ODION Ighalo came off the bench to score the goal that gave former champions Nigeria a 1-0 victory over stubborn minnows - Swallows of Burundi on Saturday in the opening Africa Cup of Nations Group B match.
- Depressed Soldiers Drugged in Fight Against Boko Haram [CAJ News] Abuja -SOME soldiers battling the Boko Haram terrorist northeast of Nigeria are reportedly suffering mental illness in silence and using drugs to cope with pressures of fighting the militants.
- Anxiety Mounts As Traders, Govt Maintain Claims On Trade Fair Complex [Daily Trust] For thousands of traders operating at the Lagos International Trade Fair Complex (LITFC), situated along Lagos-Badagry expressway, the unresolved concession power play that has dogged the complex for many years is now threatening their means of livelihood.
- President, Appoint Your Key Aides [Daily Trust] Twenty-six days since his inauguration for a second term in office, President Muhammadu Buhari's failure to make key appointments that do not require National Assembly approval, and to nominate other key aides that require National Assembly approval, is sending a troubling message to Nigerians on the real meaning of moving to the Next Level. Last week the president reappointed the Accountant General of the Federation. He also appointed the Group Managing Director of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporati
- Thousands of Pupils Skip Primary 5 and 6 to JSS 1 [Daily Trust] Thousands of primary school pupils under the influence of their parents and teachers tend to skip either Primary 6 or Primary 5 classes and proceed to secondary school, Daily Trust investigation has shown.
- Mavin's New Signee Rema, Sets Apple Music Record [Premium Times] Mavin Record's newest signee, Rema, has made history as the first Nigerian artist to debut five top songs on Apple Music.
- BET Awards - Burna Boy's Mother Shines With Moving Acceptance Speech [Vanguard] Abuja - Burna Boy's mother, Bose Ogulu got a rapturous response following an epic acceptance speech at the BET Awards on Monday.
- Kannywood Is On the Brink of Collapse - Actor [Premium Times] A Kannywood actor, Zaharadden Sani, has called on the Nigerian government to urgently look into the Kannywood film industry as it is in the brink of total collapse.
- We Will Perform Better Than Eighth House - Gbajabiamila [Premium Times] The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, on Sunday, said Nigerians should expect better service delivery from the ninth National Assembly.
- NAF Debunks Report of Aircraft "Dropping Weapons" in Enugu Forest [Daily Trust] The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has said a recent social media report claiming that NAF training helicopters are "dropping weapons" in Akwuke Forest in Enugu state was "total falsehood and lies by mischief-makers".
- NYSC DG Urges Corps Members to Be Security Conscious [Daily Trust] Director General, National Youth Service Corps, Brig-Gen. Shu'aibu Ibrahim, has advised the 2019 Batch B Corps members posted to Kano State to always be security conscious.
- World Bank's U.S.$200 Million Project Targets 360,000 Farmers [Leadership] Lagos -The Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL) has signed a Memorandum of Agreement and Action (MoA) with Agro-Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support (APPEALS).
- Dangote Cement to Open Export Facilities [Leadership] Lagos -As part of moves to boost foreign exchange and capacity production, Dangote Cement will open export facilities in Lagos and Port Harcourt this year.
- 'Enabling Environment Will Spur Investment Inflow Into Nigeria' [Leadership] The former commissioner for commerce and industry in Ogun State, Bimbo Ashiru, has called on the government to ensure an enabling environment which would help businesses to grow so as to attract more foreign direct investments in the country. Speaking at the opening ceremony of the Food and Beverage West Africa (FAB) trade exhibition in Lagos, Ashiru noted that the inflow of foreign exhibitors from Saudi-Arabia, Egypt, Russia, Spain etc for the exhibition clearly showed that they were willing to invest in
- APC Regime Eroding Principle of Separation of Powers - Secondus [Daily Trust] The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, has said the All Progressives Congress (APC) led government was eroding the principle of separation of powers among the three organs of government.
- Oyegun Tackles Oshiomhole Over Crisis in Edo Politics [Premium Times] A former national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), John Odigie-Oyegun, has chided his successor, Adams Oshiomhole, over his undue interference in the politics of Edo State.
- CBN Sets September Deadline for Mutilated Notes [This Day] The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said banks now have between June 3 and September 2, to collect and sort all mutilated notes in their possession for reissuing.
- Bandits Kill Three People, Kidnap 20, Rustle 500 Cattle in Zamfara [This Day] Three persons were killed with about 20 others kidnapped and about 500 cattle rustled following a fresh attack in Maradun Local Government Area (LGA) of Zamfara State by suspected bandits.
- Osinbajo - Nigeria's Current Challenges, Signs of Greatness [Daily Trust] Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, on Sunday, said the current challenges facing Nigeria were signs that the country was bound for greatness.
- President Receives Head of TMC' Security Committee [SNA] Khartoum -The President of Nigeria, Mohamed Buhari received member of the Transitional Military Council(TMC) and head of the TMC' security and defense committee, Lt. Gen. Jamal-Eddin Omer Ibrahim.
- SEC, Oando and Public Interest [This Day] Ken Umukoro argues that the Securities and Exchange Commission acted in the public interest
- A new app matches employers with job seekers A new app called MrEmploy has been released in South Africa to help employers find the right people for their company and for job seekers to find employment. The app eliminates a number of processes associated with the standard job-seeking process by linking candidates with employers, which fast-tracks the shortlist and the interview process. “MrEmploy...
- Vodacom Group to sell its Angolan operations and assets On Friday, 21 June 2019, Vodacom Group announced that it has entered into an agreement with Internet Technologies Angola (ITA), one of the largest independent network providers in Angola. The deal set out requires ITA to purchase Vodacom Business...
- AirtelTigo Ghana partners Huawei on $30 million network modernisation project Network provider, AirtelTigo, is partnering with Huawei Technologies on a $30 million project that’s aimed to provide a faster internet experience to customers. The project, which has been designed in phases, will commence in the greater Accra region in...
- Koji Igarashi’s ‘Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night’ now available in South Africa Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a side-scrolling action role-playing game developed by game studio ArtPlay and published by 505 Games. The title is the brainchild of legendary game developer Koji Igarashi, creator of the ‘Igavania’ game...
- Nigeria’s digital taxi-transportation service, MAX, receives $7.5 million in funding The uMunthu fund has acquired a share in MAX, the motorcycle hailing app in West Africa. MAX has raised around $7.5 million from a group of investors including NovaStar Ventures, Yamaha, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Zrosk Investment Management, and other...
- Orange, KaiOS partner to close Africa’s digital divide through Series B funding KaiOS Technologies maker of KaiOS, mobile operating system for smart feature phones, has confirmed Orange’s participation in a recent Series B funding round led by Cathay Innovation. This participation is a testament to both companies’ dedication...
- Vodacom to teach over 500 young South African girls to code Vodacom will offer over 500 school-going female learners from across eight provinces in South Africa the opportunity to learn how to code from 24 June – 05 July 2019. With this investment, Vodacom aims to narrow the gender digital divide at an early age in...
- South Africa wins International Cluster Competition in Germany A group made up of 6 South African undergraduate students took first prize against 13 other teams at the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC) held in Frankfurt, Germany from 16 to 19 June 2019. The victory came after the team worked on a selection of...
- New research cautions phone users to re-examine their PIN codes There are many lists online that highlight the most used passwords, but very little attention is drawn to the most used PIN codes. Carey van Vlaanderen, CEO of ESET South Africa, has brought attention to the importance of choosing a unique PIN code to protect...
- Don’t fall victim to hoax system cleaners According to experts at Kaspersky Lab, the number of users being attacked with fake system cleaners has increased by two-fold. These fraudulent programs are designed to trick users into paying for alleged serious computer issues to be fixed. A slow-working or...
- Ageing networks can hamper cloud performance The cloud, IoT and even hyper-converged infrastructure require a robust and solid network to relay the information to and from the datacentre they are connected to. But an old, legacy network can severely hamper this and lead to downtime and sub-standard...
- Naspers invests in South African tech start-up, SweepSouth On Thursday, 20 June 2019, Naspers Foundry announced its first deal, with a $2.4 million investment in South African tech startup, SweepSouth. The startup is an online cleaning services platform that connects clients to trusted and reliable domestic cleaners....
- South Africa: Sasfin establishes council for financial industry Financial services provider, Sasfin has established a Digital Advisory Council to provide the market with expertise and insights on trends shaping the use of technology in financial services. Headed by the founder of World Wide Worx, Arthur Goldstuck the...
- Facebook’s new cryptocurrency: Here are 6 things you need to know Earlier this week, Facebook unveiled details behind its long-anticipated cryptocurrency, Libra. The company’s new digital platform is said to allow users to send and spend money at a next-to-nothing fee. While the coin hasn’t been made public just yet,...
- Playfre, Nigeria’s answer to Spotify, achieves 100,000 streams two weeks after its launch Playfre, Africa’s first indigenous music streaming platform, has recorded 100,00 streams just two weeks after it launched. Playfre was launched on 1 May 2019 as a free music streaming platform that allows Africans to access over 45 million songs. The...
- FUJIFILM instax mini LiPlay launches in South Africa FUJIFILM introduced its latest instant camera, the instax mini LiPlay at the FUJIFILM PrintLife Exhibition, currently taking place at Sandton City in Johannesburg. Featuring never before seen in FUJIFILM’s line-up of point, shoot and print cameras, the...