- FBI bust of Nigerian email fraud shows evolving scam tactics - Quartz Africa
- FBI bust of Nigerian email fraud shows evolving scam tactics Quartz Africa
- US names Nigerians in massive fraud investigation BBC News
- Feds indict 80 people in massive web of scams tied to Nigerians CNN
- US charges 80 people, mostly Nigerians, in $46m internet scam Aljazeera.com
- Nigerian scammer FBI bust: 80 defendants in US, Nigeria charged in cyberfraud conspiracy to steal millions WLS-TV
- View full coverage on Google News
- This company is powering blood donations in Nigeria through Google maps - CNN This company is powering blood donations in Nigeria through Google maps CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) Joseph Kalu makes his way on his motorbike past the frustrated motorists blaring their car horns in the heavy traffic in Lagos, Nigeria's ...
- Men in California oversaw a romance scam that targeted women worldwide, feds say - CNN Men in California oversaw a romance scam that targeted women worldwide, feds say CNN
US prosecutors charged 80 people -- mostly Nigerians -- in the widespread conspiracy that defrauded $6 million from businesses and vulnerable elderly women ...
- Nigerian Refugees Start Voluntary Return from Cameroon - VOA News Nigerian Refugees Start Voluntary Return from Cameroon VOA News
At least 130 Nigerian refugees who fled the Boko Haram insurgency have been flown back from Cameroon in the first phase of a voluntary repatriation exercise ...
- Nigeria: Displaced women live in fear as incidents of rape rise - Aljazeera.com Nigeria: Displaced women live in fear as incidents of rape rise Aljazeera.com
The Abagena camp in the city of Makurdi was supposed to be a refuge for the people, but most people don't feel safe here anymore. A sharp increase in rape of ...
- Feds give a royal crackdown to 'Nigerian Prince' email scams - Fox Business Feds give a royal crackdown to 'Nigerian Prince' email scams Fox Business
The U.S. Justice Department makes a major bust on a business email scam ring that targeted citizens.
- Nigeria Just Won a Complex Victory Over Polio - Foreign Policy Nigeria Just Won a Complex Victory Over Polio Foreign Policy
KANO, Nigeria—Addau Saidu weaved his motorbike between lanes crowded with bright yellow kekes, the three-wheeled cabs that ferry people back and forth ...
- Home to Over Half the Population, Nigeria's Cities Continue to Boom - Council on Foreign Relations Home to Over Half the Population, Nigeria's Cities Continue to Boom Council on Foreign Relations
At independence in 1960, Lagos had an estimated population of 763000; today it is about 13 million. Together with Lagos state, the population reaches 21 ...
- Nigeria to Restructure Police Force to Tackle Insecurity - Bloomberg Nigeria to Restructure Police Force to Tackle Insecurity Bloomberg
Nigeria is restructuring its police force to tackle rising insecurity by acquiring modern equipment, recruiting new staff and building community intelligence, ...
- Nigerian Scammers Pull in Millions With Fake Emails, Romance Scams - PCMag Nigerian Scammers Pull in Millions With Fake Emails, Romance Scams PCMag
A group of Nigerians stole millions from US companies and individuals by sending fake emails to businesses and using romance scams, according to the FBI.
- It’s 2015 All Over Again for Nigeria as Pressure Builds on Naira - Bloomberg It’s 2015 All Over Again for Nigeria as Pressure Builds on Naira Bloomberg
Faced with the prospect of a weakening naira, the Central Bank of Nigeria is digging out its 2015 playbook to stem the currency's decline. After losing out then, ...
- The Fabric of Nigerian Weddings - The New York Times The Fabric of Nigerian Weddings The New York Times
The color and flair of traditional ceremonies give brides and grooms a way to express a vibrant cultural heritage.
- Nigeria to be last African nation declared polio-free - Financial Times Nigeria to be last African nation declared polio-free Financial Times
Nigeria is on the verge of being declared polio-free, which would mean the virus has been eradicated across Africa. Wednesday marks three years since ...
- Jumia Finds Wrongdoing in Nigeria Sales Force as Loss Widens - Bloomberg Jumia Finds Wrongdoing in Nigeria Sales Force as Loss Widens Bloomberg
Jumia Technologies AG has identified improper transactions at the Africa-focused online retailer's Nigeria business that amounted to as much as 4% of ...
- Nigeria’s president unveils new cabinet to push reforms - Financial Times Nigeria’s president unveils new cabinet to push reforms Financial Times
Muhammadu Buhari has unveiled a cabinet dominated by politically connected loyalists, in a sign that Nigeria's president intends to push harder on a series of ...
- Nigeria's president moves to stop funding for food imports - CNN Nigeria's president moves to stop funding for food imports CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has instructed the country's central bank to stop providing foreign currency for food imports, ...
- Ifeanyi Chiejine: Former Nigeria forward dies aged 36 - BBC Sport Ifeanyi Chiejine: Former Nigeria forward dies aged 36 BBC Sport
Four-time Women's Africa Cup of Nations winner Ifeanyi Chiejine dies aged 36 after a long illness.
- Nigeria: Epic political blame game follows $9bn judgement debt - The Africa Report Nigeria: Epic political blame game follows $9bn judgement debt The Africa Report
From accusations of cabals, to threats of prosecuting everyone involved, Nigerians still don't know how a $9bn debt happened.
- 'Africa's Amazon' Jumia finds wrongdoing in Nigeria sales force as loss widens - Fin24 'Africa's Amazon' Jumia finds wrongdoing in Nigeria sales force as loss widens Fin24
Jumia Technologies AG has identified improper transactions at the Africa-focused online retailer's Nigeria business that amounted to as much as 4% of ...
- Nigeria first to approve Bt cowpea, Ghana may follow - Down To Earth Magazine Nigeria first to approve Bt cowpea, Ghana may follow Down To Earth Magazine
Nigeria has become the first country to approve open cultivation of genetically modified (GM) Bt cowpea, according to a report by the International *Service* for the ...
- Ghana, Nigeria lose former footballers: Agogo and Chiejine - Africanews English Ghana, Nigeria lose former footballers: Agogo and Chiejine Africanews English
Two football associations in West Africa are mourning two ex players. The Ghana Football Association, GFA; on Thursday confirmed the death of Manuel Junior ...
- Nigeria's Political and Security Crises Boiling Over Across the Country - Council on Foreign Relations Nigeria's Political and Security Crises Boiling Over Across the Country Council on Foreign Relations
Nigeria's challenges are multi-faceted, fundamental, and reach from one end of the country to the other. Over the past week, following another violent clash with ...
- Why Nigeria has restricted food imports - BBC News Why Nigeria has restricted food imports BBC News
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to block food importers' requests for foreign currency in a bid to boost local agriculture in ...
- Nigeria World Cup star Chiejine dies at 36 - ESPN Nigeria World Cup star Chiejine dies at 36 ESPN
Former Nigeria Super Falcons footballer Ifeanyi Chiejine has died in Lagos at the age of 36.
- Shining a light on lesbian experiences in Nigeria - Mail and Guardian Shining a light on lesbian experiences in Nigeria Mail and Guardian
We live in a time where sexuality or gender identities that do not fit with the “norm” are considered unAfrican. (AP) · Comments. “If you haven't come out to ...
- Nigeria’s Biggest Bank May Make Deals to Expand in East Africa - Bloomberg Nigeria’s Biggest Bank May Make Deals to Expand in East Africa Bloomberg
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc will consider acquisitions outside its home market as Nigeria's biggest lender by market value seeks to expand on the rest of the ...
- Nigerian government ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm - BBC News Nigerian government ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm BBC News
A British judge has ordered the Nigerian government to pay $9bn in assets to a small private company. The firm, P&ID, had reached a deal with the Nigerian ...
- Nigeria: Priest escapes 'unhurt' after gunmen open fire on car in murder attempt - The Christian Post Nigeria: Priest escapes 'unhurt' after gunmen open fire on car in murder attempt The Christian Post
A priest in the Enugu state of Nigeria reportedly escaped a murder attempt at the hands of gunmen who shot up his car just weeks after the killing of another ...
- Nigeria likely to cut rates in November as bank lending rules ineffective - The Africa Report Nigeria likely to cut rates in November as bank lending rules ineffective The Africa Report
Nigerian central bank moves to push banks to increase lending will be a damp squib, meaning an interest-rate cut is in prospect, says John Ashbourne, senior ...
- Nigerian national team in danger of missing FIBA World Cup due to funding concerns, per report - CBS Sports Nigerian national team in danger of missing FIBA World Cup due to funding concerns, per report CBS Sports
The Nigerian Men's Basketball Team is the top-ranked team in Africa and went undefeated while qualifying for the upcoming FIBA World Cup, but according to ...
- FBI indicts 78 Nigerians in ‘massive’ $3bn fraud - The Punch FBI indicts 78 Nigerians in ‘massive’ $3bn fraud The Punch
Tobi Aworinde and Oluwatobi Akindele The United States Department of Justice has indicted 80 individuals, 78 of whom are Nigerians, accused of inv...
- Nigeria Shia leader returns after 'rejecting' India medicals - Africanews English Nigeria Shia leader returns after 'rejecting' India medicals Africanews English
The spokesperson says Zakzaky was whisked away to an undisclosed location after his arrival in Abuja. He is expected to be returned into custody of the ...
- UPDATE 1-Nigerian stocks rally to 3-week high as investors eye reforms - Reuters UPDATE 1-Nigerian stocks rally to 3-week high as investors eye reforms Reuters
Nigerian stocks extended their rally on Friday to a three-week high following President Muhammed Buhari's inauguration of cabinet ministers, boosting hopes for ...
- Nigeria's FIBA World Cup at risk over lack of funds - ESPN Nigeria's FIBA World Cup at risk over lack of funds ESPN
Nigeria were the first country to qualify for the 2019 FIBA World Cup, and they're on the brink of being the first team out, before the event even begins.
- How Google's Nigerian voice accent was created - Quartz Africa How Google's Nigerian voice accent was created Quartz Africa
Over the course of the past month, the voice on Google's Maps *service* in Nigeria has sounded more, well, “Nigerian.” Directions and local street names, ...
- Nigeria Deports Nigerien Man Who Climbed Plane About To Take Off - SaharaReporters.com Nigeria Deports Nigerien Man Who Climbed Plane About To Take Off SaharaReporters.com
The source said Adamu was deported Friday last week by road through Lagos.
- Nigerian logistics startup Kobo360 raises $30M backed by Goldman Sachs - TechCrunch Nigerian logistics startup Kobo360 raises $30M backed by Goldman Sachs TechCrunch
Nigerian freight logistics startup Kobo360 has raised a $20 million Series A round led by Goldman Sachs and $10 million in working capital financing from ...
- Nigerians Flee After Men on Motorbikes Shoot Down Mourners - The New York Times Nigerians Flee After Men on Motorbikes Shoot Down Mourners The New York Times
The Nigerian president directed the military to hunt down the perpetrators of the attack, which local officials attributed to the Islamist extremist group Boko Haram.
- Nigeria's Davido projects 100m YouTube views with 'Blow My Mind' - Africanews English Nigeria's Davido projects 100m YouTube views with 'Blow My Mind' Africanews English
25-year-old David Adedeji Adeleke known by his stage name, Davido, has made an audacious prediction on YouTube relative to views for his new musical ...
- Nigeria soldiers ambushed in Mogula near Cameroon border - The Defense Post Nigeria soldiers ambushed in Mogula near Cameroon border The Defense Post
Four Nigerian troops were killed on Sunday, August 18 in an ambush in Borno state carried out by fighters suspected to be from Islamic State West Africa ...
- Polio cases in 2019 double last year, Nigeria’s major milestone - Outbreak News Today Polio cases in 2019 double last year, Nigeria’s major milestone Outbreak News Today
By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews. Global wild poliovirus total. Officially this week, the global total wild poliovirus (WPV1) cases are double what they were ...
- Nigeria police rearrests 'millionaire kidnapper' freed by soldiers - Africanews English Nigeria police rearrests 'millionaire kidnapper' freed by soldiers Africanews English
The police had in early August made public demand for the army to come clean on the whereabouts of the kidnapper and also demanded justice for their slain ...
- A Nigerian woman was arrested after beating a boy and locking him in a dog cage - CNN A Nigerian woman was arrested after beating a boy and locking him in a dog cage CNN
A woman who was videotaped beating a 10-year-old boy before locking him in a dog cage has been arrested in Lagos, a police spokesman told CNN Thursday.
- Nigeria's Deceptively Large External Debt Could Threaten Its Economy - Forbes Nigeria's Deceptively Large External Debt Could Threaten Its Economy Forbes
Nigeria may appear to have relatively low debt to GDP, but its debt *service* costs constitute a very large fraction of total government spending, and recent ...
- Nigeria's Child Veterans Are Still Living a Nightmare - Foreign Policy Nigeria's Child Veterans Are Still Living a Nightmare Foreign Policy
Kellumi was abducted by Boko Haram fighters when he was 14. Among the killings he committed after being pressed into the ranks of the infamously brutal ...
- Nigerian equities ends week bullish - CNBCAfrica.com Nigerian equities ends week bullish CNBCAfrica.com
Nigeria's equities market traded in positive territory for four out of five trading sessions this week. To assess the performance of Nigeria's equities market this ...
- Nigeria - Growing insecurity in the northeast (DG ECHO, NGOs) (ECHO Daily Flash of 23 August 2019) - Nigeria - ReliefWeb Nigeria - Growing insecurity in the northeast (DG ECHO, NGOs) (ECHO Daily Flash of 23 August 2019) - Nigeria ReliefWeb
English News and Press Release on Nigeria about Protection and Human Rights and Safety and Security; published on 23 Aug 2019 by ECHO.
- International firm shuts Nigerian office over ‘extortion, distrust’ - The Punch International firm shuts Nigerian office over ‘extortion, distrust’ The Punch
Counsels others to seek Indian-owned companies for outsourcing An international firm, Dynamics Intelligence, has shut its offices in Nigeria, ...
- Nigeria bans Shia group after deadly clashes - Al Jazeera English Nigeria bans Shia group after deadly clashes Al Jazeera English
Tensions escalate as supporters of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria demand the release of their leader Ibrahim Zakzaky.
- 17 die in road crash in central Nigeria: official - Business Recorder 17 die in road crash in central Nigeria: official Business Recorder
LAGOS: Seventeen people were killed when a passenger bus collided with an oncoming truck in central Nigeria, a road safety official said Friday. The.
- Islamic Movement in Nigeria: The Iranian-inspired Shia group - BBC News Islamic Movement in Nigeria: The Iranian-inspired Shia group BBC News
Nigeria's government has taken the controversial decision to ban a pro-Iranian Shia group, accusing it of unleashing violence and being an "enemy of the state".
- Africa set to be declared polio free as Nigeria marks three years without the disease - Telegraph.co.uk Africa set to be declared polio free as Nigeria marks three years without the disease Telegraph.co.uk
Nigeria is set to mark three years since it saw its last case of polio on Wednesday – an important landmark on the road to official eradication of this deadly ...
- Only 300 elephants in Nigeria’s wildlife —Conservation Foundation - The Punch Only 300 elephants in Nigeria’s wildlife —Conservation Foundation The Punch
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation has said that only about 300 elephants remain in the wildlife in Nigeria. Mr Oladapo Soneye, Head of Commun...
- Nigerian students call for expulsion of South Africans [The Morning Call] - Africanews English Nigerian students call for expulsion of South Africans [The Morning Call] Africanews English
National Association of Nigerian Students is calling for the expulsion of South Africans and protests at South African owned businesses.*
- Calls For Separation Threatening Nigeria's Unity, Says Malami - SaharaReporters.com Calls For Separation Threatening Nigeria's Unity, Says Malami SaharaReporters.com
Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, has said that calls for separation and dismemberment of Nigeria is threating the unity of the country.
- On cusp of pan-African trade deal, giant Nigeria clings to protection - Reuters On cusp of pan-African trade deal, giant Nigeria clings to protection Reuters
Adeleke Adeleye stands in front of a bank of whirring printers spinning out dozens of envelopes a minute in Nigeria's commercial capital of Lagos. His stationery ...
- After Running One Of Nigeria's Largest Banks, Uzoma Dozie Launches Sparkle, A Mobile-First Platform - Forbes After Running One Of Nigeria's Largest Banks, Uzoma Dozie Launches Sparkle, A Mobile-First Platform Forbes
Uzoma Dozie is one of Nigeria's leaders in the financial sector and was the last Group Managing Director of Diamond Bank, Nigeria. During his tenure at ...
- Nigerian robbed, murdered in South Africa —NUSA - The Punch Nigerian robbed, murdered in South Africa —NUSA The Punch
As Nigeria and South Africa seek ways to end the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in that country, the Nigeria Union South Africa on Wednesday annou...
- Trump US State Dept issues travel ban on Nigerian politicians - Quartz Africa Trump US State Dept issues travel ban on Nigerian politicians Quartz Africa
The ban will target politicians who "operated with impunity at the expense of the Nigerian people and undermined democratic principles and human rights."
- Wedding Inspiration: Nigerian tradition meets Wine Country romance - 7x7 Wedding Inspiration: Nigerian tradition meets Wine Country romance 7x7
They held a traditional Nigerian ceremony before the customary "white wedding."
- Top Nigerian Senator attacked by pro-Biafra activists in Germany - Africanews English Top Nigerian Senator attacked by pro-Biafra activists in Germany Africanews English
Videos of the incident on social media showed how despite running to seek shelter in the hall where the event was slated, he was pursued and pulled back and ...
- Nigeria: 'We need to get our infrastructure right' - BBC News Nigeria: 'We need to get our infrastructure right' BBC News
The challenge of producing cement - a process that requires huge amounts of energy - can be a taxing one in Nigeria where power cuts are common. Nigeria's ...
- Does 'Maga' Mean 'Easily Fooled Idiot' in Nigerian Pidgin? - Snopes.com Does 'Maga' Mean 'Easily Fooled Idiot' in Nigerian Pidgin? Snopes.com
Homonyms are words that are spelled or sound alike but have different meanings. The word “bow,” for example, can mean the front of a ship, a wooden stick, ...
- Snake forces Nigerian lawmakers out of chamber - CNN Snake forces Nigerian lawmakers out of chamber CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) Lawmakers in Nigeria's Ondo state have postponed sessions indefinitely after a snake was found in their chamber, a spokesman for the ...
- Turkish sailors kidnapped off coast of Nigeria are released, reports say - BBC News Turkish sailors kidnapped off coast of Nigeria are released, reports say BBC News
Ten Turkish sailors who were kidnapped last month off the coast of West Africa have been released, according to reports in Turkish state media. The 10 men ...
- Samson Siasia: Ex-Nigeria coach in no rush to appeal life ban - BBC Sport Samson Siasia: Ex-Nigeria coach in no rush to appeal life ban BBC Sport
Former Nigeria coach Samson Siasia vows to clear his name following a decision by Fifa to ban him for life from all football-related activities.
- Full List Of Nigerians Indicted By US Government - SaharaReporters.com Full List Of Nigerians Indicted By US Government SaharaReporters.com
The full list of Nigerians indicted by the US government.
- Everyone who caused $9bn award against Nigeria will be punished – Malami - The Punch Everyone who caused $9bn award against Nigeria will be punished – Malami The Punch
Ade Adesomoju, Abuja. The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), said on Thursday that the Federal ...
- Ibraheem Zakzaky: Nigerian IMN leader flown to India for treatment - BBC News Ibraheem Zakzaky: Nigerian IMN leader flown to India for treatment BBC News
The imprisoned leader of a banned Shia Muslim group in Nigeria has been flown to India for medical treatment. A court recently granted him medical leave after ...
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa - BBC Sport Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa BBC Sport
Fifa bans former Nigeria player and coach Samson Siasia for life after finding him guilty of match-fixing.
- ICYMI: Nigerians to pay more for electricity consumption - The Punch ICYMI: Nigerians to pay more for electricity consumption The Punch
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja The Federal Government through the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission has increased the tariff payable by power co...
- Nigerian MBA Candidates Offered $1.5m Scholarship By Lebanese Group - SaharaReporters.com Nigerian MBA Candidates Offered $1.5m Scholarship By Lebanese Group SaharaReporters.com
The full scholarship will be available to two Nigerians every year for life, according to the LNI that also added that the scheme will help strengthen the ...
- Nigerian Street Food and the Full Power of Spice at Brooklyn Suya - The New York Times Nigerian Street Food and the Full Power of Spice at Brooklyn Suya The New York Times
There are three levels of heat in the spice rubs at Brooklyn Suya, starting with mild, which is in fact hot. Not too hot, just enough to open the pores and bring a ...
- Nigeria finds itself at the heart of the illegal pangolin trade - Mongabay.com Nigeria finds itself at the heart of the illegal pangolin trade Mongabay.com
Pangolins have long been hunted for food and traditional medicine. They are traded openly in bushmeat markets in Nigeria and neighboring Cameroon.
- Nigeria's new oil czar wants to open books, turn into fuel exporter - Reuters Nigeria's new oil czar wants to open books, turn into fuel exporter Reuters
Nigeria's state oil company plans to partner with a private refinery under construction on the shores of Lagos to turn the oil-producing country into a fuel supplier ...
- Nigeria's Paul Onuachu signs for Genk from Midtjylland - BBC Sport Nigeria's Paul Onuachu signs for Genk from Midtjylland BBC Sport
Belgium's Genk sign Nigeria international forward Paul Onuachu from Danish club Midtjylland.
- Nigeria proposes 5% online VAT purchase tax - Quartz Africa Nigeria proposes 5% online VAT purchase tax Quartz Africa
Making online purchases in Nigeria could soon come with a tax bill. As part of plans to raise more revenue to fund a record budget, Nigeria's government is ...
- MTN to kick start mobile money in Nigeria - Quartz Africa MTN to kick start mobile money in Nigeria Quartz Africa
The fledgling mobile money market in Nigeria is about to get a major shake-up. MTN Nigeria, the country's largest telecoms operator, has been granted a “super ...
- Team Nigeria arrives in China; will participate in Peak Tournament - Eurohoops Team Nigeria arrives in China; will participate in Peak Tournament Eurohoops
By Eurohoops Team/ email@example.com. The Nigerian national team landed in China ahead of the 2019 World Cup. The team traveled to China after securing ...
- FBI alleged arrest of young Nigerian billionaire sparks online reactions - Africanews English FBI alleged arrest of young Nigerian billionaire sparks online reactions Africanews English
Young promising Nigerian billionaire Obinwanne Okeke has allegedly been arrested by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for conspiracy to commit ...
- Nigerian Teens Create Sci-Fi With Cracked Smartphone - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence Nigerian Teens Create Sci-Fi With Cracked Smartphone Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence
The saying that if you give a hungry man a fish, you will feed him for a day but if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for life is so true for eight teens from ...
- Nigeria Buries Soldiers at Night in Secret Cemetery - The Wall Street Journal Nigeria Buries Soldiers at Night in Secret Cemetery The Wall Street Journal
Secret military graveyards in Nigeria's northeast hold the bodies of more than 1000 soldiers killed in attacks by Islamist groups, a picture at odds with a war ...
- Kidnapped Turkish nationals freed in Nigeria's Kwara state - BBC News Kidnapped Turkish nationals freed in Nigeria's Kwara state BBC News
The construction workers were captured by unknown gunmen, amid a wave of abductions in the country.
- Ten years on, crisis in Nigeria 'far from over'; UN and humanitarian partners urge support for millions still affected - UN News Ten years on, crisis in Nigeria 'far from over'; UN and humanitarian partners urge support for millions still affected UN News
Ten years after the start of a violent insurgency in north-east Nigeria plunged the country into a humanitarian crisis that is “still far from over”, the United Nations ...
- Arrest of 80 Nigerians: Ahmad warns against calling people of any tribe criminals - Legit.ng Arrest of 80 Nigerians: Ahmad warns against calling people of any tribe criminals Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ The personal assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on new media, Bashir Ahmad, has cautioned against tagging Nigerians of Igbo ...
- Nigerian Undergraduates Devise New Strategies To Escape Robbers, Rapists - SaharaReporters.com Nigerian Undergraduates Devise New Strategies To Escape Robbers, Rapists SaharaReporters.com
A certain accommodation policy led to about 70 per cent of students leaving the campus to places in town and Ile-Ife town is not really a safe place and this has ...
- Boko Haram tried to stop Nigeria from eliminating polio. They failed. - NBC News Boko Haram tried to stop Nigeria from eliminating polio. They failed. NBC News
Informants have penetrated inaccessible areas occupied by the ISIS-linked sect, vaccinating many of the 66000 children in the northern state of Borno.
- Shoprite slumps as consumers struggle in Angola and Nigeria - The Africa Report Shoprite slumps as consumers struggle in Angola and Nigeria The Africa Report
Shoprite is feeling the pinch of troubled economies in key markets. Retail group Shoprite that operates in 15 countries in Africa, this week released its results for ...
- Why this Nigerian fintech startup is volunteering audited financials - TechCrunch Why this Nigerian fintech startup is volunteering audited financials TechCrunch
Nigerian fintech firm Carbon — an early-stage financial services startup based in Lagos — has posted on its website financials audited by KPMG. This comes ...
- ISIS publishes images of ISWAP attack on Nigeria military base in Borno - The Defense Post ISIS publishes images of ISWAP attack on Nigeria military base in Borno The Defense Post
Islamic State published a series of images that it said were from an ISWAP attack on a military base in Nigeria's northeast Borno state.
- How WhatsApp impacted Nigeria's 2019 election - Quartz Africa How WhatsApp impacted Nigeria's 2019 election Quartz Africa
WhatsApp was used in an increasingly sophisticated political way by the two main presidential candidates, Buhari and Atiku.
- Check out these amazing sf movies made by Nigerian teens - Boing Boing Check out these amazing sf movies made by Nigerian teens Boing Boing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4dfVgFsjQc&feature=youtu.be The Critics Company is a collective of Nigerian teen afrofuturist filmmakers who make ...
- Could solar power end Nigeria's power cuts? - BBC News Could solar power end Nigeria's power cuts? BBC News
Femi Adeyemo of Arnergy, says solar energy could be one answer to Nigeria's numerous power cuts.
- Nigerian stocks climb to three week high - Reuters Nigerian stocks climb to three week high Reuters
Nigerian stocks extended their rally on Friday to a three-week high following President Muhammed Buhari's inauguration of cabinet ministers, boosting hopes for ...
- The Nigerian cabinet administration saga continues: An analysis of portfolios so far - CNBCAfrica.com The Nigerian cabinet administration saga continues: An analysis of portfolios so far CNBCAfrica.com
The 43 Nigerian Ministers under President Muhammadu Buhari's second administration have all been assigned their portfolios. For an analysis of the list and ...
- How Nigeria's Jews Are Getting Caught in a New Separatist War - OZY How Nigeria's Jews Are Getting Caught in a New Separatist War OZY
The leader of the secessionist Indigenous People of Biafra is Jewish, as are many members, and that's putting the community at greater risk of attack.
- Aregbesola enlists Nigerians’ support to tackle insecurity - The Punch Aregbesola enlists Nigerians’ support to tackle insecurity The Punch
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, on Wednesday, urged Nigerians to be ready at all times to share opinions with...
- MTN’s Nigerian Unit Becomes Most Valuable Stock in Lagos - Bloomberg MTN’s Nigerian Unit Becomes Most Valuable Stock in Lagos Bloomberg
It may be a new kid on the block, but MTN Group Ltd.'s Nigerian unit has become the most valuable company on the Lagos stock exchange. Three months after ...
- How ‘Nigeria’s #MeToo moment’ turned against rape accuser - The Guardian How ‘Nigeria’s #MeToo moment’ turned against rape accuser The Guardian
Busola Dakolo said she had been expecting to hear from the police. Three weeks earlier the photographer had filed a case against the flamboyant Nigerian ...
- Nigeria-bound passenger charged with assaulting ICE deportation officer who tried to handcuff him in Houston - Houston Chronicle Nigeria-bound passenger charged with assaulting ICE deportation officer who tried to handcuff him in Houston Houston Chronicle
A Sugar Land man is facing federal prosecution after he was accused of assaulting one of two Immigration Customs Enforcement officers carrying out his ...
- FBI Arrests Many Nigerians for Fraud [Vanguard] Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Thursday said that it has arrested many Nigerians who are involved in fraudulent act.
- $11 Million Fraud - Obinwanne Okeke Hires Nigerian Lawyer to Lead Trial [Premium Times] Obinwanne Okeke, the Abuja-based businessman arrested earlier this month for Internet fraud in the United States, has hired a new lawyer to help fight off the criminal charges levelled against him by American authorities.
- Uproar Over Shoot to Kill Policy [CAJ News] Abuja -Civilsociety organisations in Nigeria fear the army could commit extrajudicial killings after President Muhammamadu Buhari ordered the military to "eliminate" bandits.
- 60% of 2019 Budget to Be Rolled Into 2020 - Minister [Premium Times] The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, Thursday said less than half of the 2019 budget will be implemented this year.
- Why Boko Haram Is Hitting More Borno Communities [Daily Trust] Maiduguri -Normalcy has returned to Gubio and Magumeri local government areas in northern part of Borno State after an attack by Boko Haram insurgents that lasted for several hours, Daily Trust reports.
- 1.4 Million Children in Lagos Have No Birth Certificate - Report [Vanguard] Data from RapidSMS, a global birth registration platform has shown that no fewer than 1,436,986 (31 per cent) of under-five children in Lagos are not registered at birth. To this end, the National Population Commission (NPoPC), Lagos State has been mandated to register 1 million children before the end of the year.
- Boko Haram - 133 Refugees Return From Cameroon [Premium Times] About 133 Nigerian refugees have returned from neighbouring Cameroon.
- 692 Million Barrels of Crude Oil Produced in 2017 - Report [Vanguard] The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) says that 692 million barrels of crude oil were produced in the country in 2017.
- Amaechi Embarks On Inspection of Lagos-Ibadan Railway [Vanguard] Barely two days after being sworn in as Minister, the Minister of Transportation, Hon Chibuike Amaechi has embarked on an inspection tour of the Lagos Ibadan rail line.
- Govt Confirms Arrest of Ekweremadu's Attackers [This Day] Abuja -The federal government has confirmed the arrest of the attackers of the former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany.
- 17 Die in Kwara Auto Crash [Premium Times] An auto-crash on Thursday at Bacita junction, on Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa express way in Kwara, killed 17 people.
- Nigeria Breaks History, Becomes First Country to Approve Biotech Cowpea [Vanguard] Nigeria has made history by becoming the first country in the world to approve biotech cowpea, thereby adding a new biotech crop to the global biotech basket.
- How the Economy Has Improved Under Buhari - Finance Minister [Premium Times] Nigeria has improved in major indices of economic growth, the finance minister, Zainab Ahmed, told the National Economic Council (NEC) on Thursday.
- Grasshoppers Ravage Farms in Gombe [Premium Times] Grasshoppers have ravaged many farms in Shongom and Balanga Local Government Areas of Gombe State, an official, Sunday Lah, has said.
- Federal Govt Earned $14.5 Bn From Crude Oil, Gas Sale in 2017 - Neiti [Premium Times] Nigeria realised about $14.5 billion from the sale of the federation share of crude oil and gas produced in 2017, a report on a pilot study on commodity trading by Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) disclosed.
- 'Gimme a Name for My Album,' Davido Appeals to Fans [Vanguard] Afropop star, David 'Davido' Adeleke has asked fans to help title his upcoming album.
- Tribunal Nullifies Dino Melaye's Election [Premium Times] An election tribunal sitting in Lokoja, Kogi State, has nullified the election of Dino Melaye, senator representing Kogi West.
- We Repelled Insurgents' Attack On Borno Communities - Army [Vanguard] The Nigerian Army says its troops repelled the attacks coordinated by Boko Haram insurgents on military units in Gubio and Magumeri Local Government Areas of Borno on Wednesday.
- Buhari Re-Appoints Ipaye, Uwais, Others [Daily Trust] President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the re-appointment of Mr. Ade Ipaye as Deputy Chief of Staff to the President.
- For Zainab Ahmed, the Task Is Daunting [Daily Trust] Mrs. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, can pass as the supper minister of the President Muhammadu Buhari's Next Level cabinet. Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) held that title in the Change Cabinet when he was the minister of Power Works and Housing.
- WHO Advocates More Research On Health Impact of Microplastics [Premium Times] The World Health Organisation (WHO) has called for further assessment of microplastics in the environment and their potential impact on human health.
- Nigeria Seeks to Punish Officials Involved in P&ID Negotiation [Premium Times] The Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, on Thursday said the federal government would punish any government official whose action or inaction led to the award of $9 billion against Nigeria by a British court for contract violation.
- Ekpo Nta Is Acting Chairman, National Salaries Commission [Daily Trust] Mr. Ekpo Nta is now acting chairman, National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission. He takes over from Dr. Richard Onwuka Egbule.
- Menace of Yahoo Boys [Daily Trust] The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has, in recent months, paraded over sixty young men and women suspected to have been engaged in scams by using the Internet. Popularly called 'Yahoo Boys,' the scammers have been picked up from North to South of the country.
- NEITI, Auditor-General to Forge Partnership On Data Sharing [Daily Trust] The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) has pledged to work closely with the Office of the Auditor General of the Federation to promote integrity in data collation, validation and management on revenues from extractive industries.
- Polio - Governors Pledge to Prioritize Immunization [Daily Trust] State governors under the umbrella of the Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF) have promised to prioritize routine immunization coverage in their states to ensure that Nigeria is declared polio free.
- Criminals in Uniform [This Day] Have you watched the video of the killing of three policemen and a civilian by soldiers of the Nigerian Army? If you haven't, please go and watch it. Have you read the statement issued after the fact by the acting Director of Army Public Relations, Colonel Sagir Musa in response to the first police statement notifying the public of what had happened? If you haven't, please search for it and read it. Also read the second statement by the police that picked apart the army's explanation of what transpired. Yo
- Malami Vows to Prosecute Officials Involved in Failed P&ID Contract [This Day] Abuja -The Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami SAN, yesterday vowed to prosecute all government officials involved in the failed Process an Industrial Development (P&ID) gas to power project that has plunged the country into a $9.9 billion judgment debt.
- Accident Kills 168, Injures 969 in Bauchi, Borno, Yobe [This Day] Bauchi -About 168 persons were reported killed in various accidents that occurred between January and July, 2019 in the three states of Bauchi, Borno and Yobe.
- Military Foils Boko Haram's Plot to Capture Borno LGs [This Day] Abuja -The Nigerian Army yesterday said it aborted an attempt by Boko Haram terrorists to take over Gubio and Magumeri communities, headquarters of Gubio and Magumeri Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State after Wednesday's night attack by the insurgents.
- Melaye says tribunal judgment a miscarriage of justice
- Zaria water project: Kaduna government seeks refund of N24.4bn from FG
- World Bank to expend $62 million on projects in Adamawa
- FG, Labour meet to end minimum wage logjam
- FBI List: Nigeria may extradite accused persons
- Why I brought back ministry of police affairs - Buhari
- Fatoyinbo explains decision to shun PFN panel on rape allegations
- Drivers allegedly stole N1m iron rods from Dangote oil refinery
- Why we are partnering Niger government on ranch- CBN
- Truck crushes Army officer to death in Ogun
- Food, beverage employees’ union attacks MABISCO factory
- Kano State to integrate Almajiri system into modern education
- Burkina Faso holds three-day mourning after deadly army base attack
- Sudan floods kill 54 since July
- Toll from Tanzania truck blast reaches 100
- Last charity ship seeks port for 356 rescued migrants
- South African court restricts display of apartheid-era flag
- Sudan swears in civilian-majority ruling council
- Sudan's new ruling body to be sworn in
- Top South African judge who openly declared HIV status retires
- Toll from attack on Burkina military base rises to 24
- Iran unveils home-grown missile defence system
- Five things to know about the Amazon
- Fuel supplies halted to debt-ridden Air India
- Bolsonaro mulls deploying army to combat Amazon fires
- China to impose new tariffs on $75 bn of US imports
- India says soldier killed in Kashmir border clash
- Homemade bomb wounds three near Israeli settlement: army
- Florida executes killer who targeted gay men
- Putin opponent Navalny freed after 30 days in jail
- Police nab two suspected kidnappers, kill two in Ogun
- Woman flogs four-year-old daughter to death, escapes with body
- Police arrest father, son for alleged cybercrime
- Guard gets permanent job, other benefits for returning $10,000
- Father, son in police net for cybercrime
- Two arrested for murdering Okada rider while disputing sharing formula
- Residents heave sigh of relief over Festac road repair
- Families allege victimization by land grabbers in Lagos
- Ekiti evacuates lunatics, destitute persons from Ado, environs
- Lampard says Chelsea's misfiring strikers will come good
- Klopp hoping for quick Alisson recovery
- Bale has to be the player we know he is - Zidane
- Bayern Munich's Sanches set for Lille move
- 5 Reasons to sponsor and exhibit at HISA2019 The 5th Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa will take place on 08 -09 October at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Johannesburg. For two days, healthcare professionals, industry experts will gather to network, take part in lively intellectual exchanges and explorations to see what’s new, what’s cutting edge and what will shape the future of healthcare....
- Standard Chartered Bank voted best consumer digital bank in Kenya Financial journal, Global Finance has named Standard Chartered Bank the Best Consumer Digital Bank in Kenya for 2019. The journal recognised SCB for its information security and fraud management systems under its digital offerings. Commenting on the Award,...
- Vodacom partners with rAge gaming expo Vodacom, a telecommunications company, recently announced a partnership with rAge, which is said to be South Africa’s longest-running gaming, technology and ‘geek culture’ expo. This year’s event will take place from 27 to 29 September...
- Who should attend the Healthcare Executive Golf Day On 11 September 2019, IT News Africa in partnership with T-Systems will host the Healthcare Executive Golf Day and Cocktail Dinner at the Kyalami Country Club, Johannesburg. The event will bring together healthcare technology executives from both Public and...
- Sony acquires video game developer Insomniac Games On 19 August 2019, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) announced that the company has acquired internationally acclaimed video game development company Insomniac Games. The official PlayStation Twitter account delivered the news to fans, saying: “Big...
- Apple launches its digital credit card A new kind of credit card, created by Apple and not a bank, was officially launched on Wednesday, 21 August 2019. In a statement made by the company, the Apple card has been built on ‘simplicity, transparency and privacy, and designed to help customers lead...
- Women in Tech Profile: Carina Engelbrecht, Solutions Consultant at Itec SA In this segment of Women in Tech we feature Carina Engelbrecht, a Solutions Consultant at Itec SA who believes that being a female can be a huge advantage in the sales industry. The 39-year-old is a trailblazer and changing perceptions as she works to close...
- The impact of cloud on businesses in Africa According to Gartner, cloud will influence ever-greater portions of enterprise IT decisions, in particular, system infrastructure. But what does this really mean for Africa? The Gartner Africa ICT Hype Cycle 2019 which was published on Tuesday, 20 August...
- #datafree Internet and app access is coming to South Africa biNu, the company responsible for the Moya Messenger app, announced on Wednesday, 21 August 2019, that it’s partnering up with MTN South Africa in a bid to enable mobile subscribers in the country to access certain websites and apps at no charge to mobile...
- VMware to address digital skills gap in Africa VMware has announced the expansion of the VMware IT Academy: Virtualize Africa programme in partnership with Strathmore University – @iLabAfrica Centre, Kenya. The aim is to empower the fast-growing, young African population to enter the digital...
- 4 insights into the South Africa Mobile Network Experience report Mobile analytics company, Opensignal has released a report analysing the mobile network experience in South Africa. The report, utilising 105,883 devices and recording over 259,426,348 measurements from 1 May to 29 July 2019, covers everything from 4G...
- 3 essential benefits of attending #HISA2019 The 5th annual Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa is set to take place at the Gallagher Convention Centre from the 8th to 9th October 2019. The summit, which aims to be the biggest HISA to date, will address challenges specific to digitalisation in the...
- Vox introduces new offering for South African startups Vox, an integrated ICT and Infrastructure provider is on a mission to provide startups with access to a wide variety of IT infrastructure – as well as the management thereof. This will be done through a Hardware-as-a-Service (HaaS) offering in...
- Africa Code Week equips teachers in Ghana with digital skills In Ghana, close to 700 teachers completed digital skills training in August as part of the country’s preparations for SAP Africa Code Week, which aims to introduce 1.5 million young Africans to digital and coding skills in 2019. Claire...
- 6 exciting Huawei Y9 Prime features Unless you’re a tech-aficionado, learning how to use your newest smartphone’s features and functions can be a little tricky — and more often than not, by the time you’ve gotten the hang of them, it’s time for an upgrade. That’s why just one...
- Networks Unlimited Africa partners Indegy to protect industrial control systems from cyber threats African value-added distributor, Networks Unlimited Africa, has announced that it now proudly offers industrial cybersecurity in South Africa through a partnership agreement with Indegy, a leader in industrial cybersecurity that protects industrial control...
- OML 34 operators raise concern over pollutions cause by oil thieves
Ben Dunno, Warri Asset Management Team (AMT) of Oil Mining Lease (OML) 34, Nigeria Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), its business
- Court slashes Shell’s OML 11 lease period to 20 years
Godwin Tsa, Abuja The Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday refused the request by Shell Petroleum Development Company directing
- Illegal fish biz feuling insurgency – Theatre Commander
Timothy Olanrewaju, Maiduguri Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj Gen Olusegun Adeniyi said people engaged in illegal fish business,
- Not all insurgents are Nigerians – Zulum
Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja Borno State governor, Babagana Zulum, on Friday, admitted that although Boko Haram insurgency started from the state,
- Minister of Foreign Affairs not chased out of Vienna meeting – FG
Aidoghie Paulinus, Abuja The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has dismissed a video which purportedly showed the Minister of Foreign Affairs,
- Why I revived ministry of police affairs – Buhari
Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja President Muhammadu Buhari has stated why he returned the Ministry of Police Affairs. During Buhari’s first term,
- Buhari to address TICAD7 in Japan
Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja President Muhammadu Buhari will on Sunday depart Abuja for Japan to participate in the 7th Tokyo International
- Cyber crime: Full list of Nigerians on FBI list
Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), on Thursday, announced a massive bust of online fraudsters who
- We’re overhauling Police to tackle security challenges – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari says the Nigerian Police Force structure is being overhauled, re-positioned and primed with modern technological gadgets to
- Appointment: Don’t forget your promise to electorate, APC support group advises new ministers
WOLE BALOGUN, Ado Ekiti A support group of the All Progressives Congress (APC) under the argues of BOS Ideology Support Group
- How $9.7m, £74,000 was found in former NNPC GMD’s house -Witness
- Increase tariff to discourage paint importation –Babatunde
Maduka Nweke The Federal Government has been urged to discourage activities that could lead to the importation of paints in
- UK house prices rise marginally in August
According to the latest Nationwide Building Society, House Price Index, the average UK property price currently sits at £211,671 –
- Valuers urged to discourage slum growth in cities
Estate Surveyors and Valuers in the country have been urged to do everything in their practice to promote activities that
- FG, States, LGAs share N769.523bn in July
Uche Usim, Abuja Nigeria’s three tiers of government shared a total of N769.523 billion as July allocation of the Federation
- FG begins TAM of refineries to meet target
The Federal Government on Thursday, said it had begun the overhaul of its refineries starting with the Port Harcourt Refinery
- Communication Ministry pledges to pull 50m people out of poverty
Walter Ukaegbu, Abuja Newly inaugurated Minister of Communications, Prof Isa Pantami, has charged Directors, Heads of Parastatals and Staff under
- NNPC under-remitted N77.92bn in 2017, says NEITI
Uche Usim, Abuja A pilot study on the petroleum industry conducted by the Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI), has
- FRC unveils professionals’ registration portal to curb quackery
Omodele Adigun In order to curtail quackery among the professionals, the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) of Nigeria Thursday in Lagos
- Equities continue bullish run, gain N135bn
Chinwendu Obienyi President Muhammadu Buhari’s assignment of portfolios to the new Ministers on Wednesday continued to stimulate market activities and
- Customs seizes elephant tusks, buffalo horns, others in 2 states
Steve Agbota The Adamawa/Taraba Zonal Command of the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS), has impounded elephant tusks, bufallo horns and other outlawed items in
- Christmas: Lord’s song in a strange land
- Oyo guber: Court decides Makinde, Adelabu’s fate on later date
Oluseye Ojo, Ibadan Justice Suraju Muhammadu-led Governorship Election Petition Tribunal, sitting in Iyaganku, Ibadan, Oyo State capital, has reserved judgement
- Oyo governorship: Makinde, Adelabu, INEC adopt final written addresses at tribunal
The Oyo State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal has admitted the final written addresses filed by Seyi Makinde of the Peoples
- No shaking Dino tells supporters
Godwin Tsa, Abuja The National Assembly and State Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Lokoja on Friday sacked Senator Dino
- AA rejects court ruling on Uche Nwosu
Romanus Ugwu, Abuja The Action Alliance (AA) has rejected last week’s ruling by a Federal High Court in Abuja, nullifying the
- Tribunal sacks Melaye, orders fresh elections
The National Assembly/State Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Lokoja on Friday sacked Senator Dino Melaye as the Senator for
- Reasons Igbo should produce next president –Ogbonna
Gilbert Ekezie Chief Solomon Ogbonna, President, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Lagos, has adduced reasons the Igbo nation should produce the next president
- APC does not believe in rotation if… –Uwazuruike
Chukwudi Nweje Chief Goddy Uwazuruike is former president Aka Ikenga. He speaks on the agitations for 2023, insecurity and other
- My fears for Kogi election –Abubakar, former governor’s son
Emmanuel Adeyemi, Lokoja Abubakar Ibrahim Idris is a governorship aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic party (PDP). He
- Akwa Ibom guber: INEC identifies fake presiding officer as APC witness
Joe Effiong, Uyo Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has identified one William Ndarake, a witness for the All Progressives Congress (APC)
- Rivers guber: PDP tenders results to justify Wike’s re-election
Tony John, Port Harcourt People’s Democratic Party ( PDP) in Rivers State, yesterday, tendered strategic polling units results from different
- Conflict of pluralism
- BBNaija: Enkay apologises for ‘maltreating’ Cindy
Recently evicted Big Brother Naija, pepper Dem housemate, Nkechinyere Ede popularly known as Enkay has tendered an apology to fans
- Kenya’s ‘King of Kikuyu music’ dies in car crash
Popular Kenyan musician John Ng'ang'a, known by his stage name John De'Mathew, has been killed in a car crash prompting
- BBNaija (S4) Saturday night party; Fans hail DJ Humility, Jackye
Fans hailed housemate Jackye Madu for loosening up during the DJ Humility-assisted Saturday night party. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
- Nigerian comedian, Klint Da Drunk survives car crash
Nigerian comedian, Afamefuna Igwemba popularly known as Klint Da Drunk, expressed gratitude to God for surviving a car crash along
- Mom refused to abort me after dad rejected pregnancy
Bianca Iboma-Emefu The circumstances surrounding the birth of fast rising model and beauty queen, Kossy Okonkwo couldn’t stop her from
- Nigerians speak on BBNaija’s Khafi alleged AWOL, sex on TV
Damilola Fatunmise, Rita Okoye And Lucy Nnaji Social media was abuzz after a UK tabloid broke the news that Khafi
- I wish I could spend more time with my family –Harry B
Nollywood actor-cum-television personality, Harry B Anyanwu, has dabbled into another career. He recently ventured into music, and guess what, he’s
- After failed marriage, Toyin Abraham finds love again
Nollywood actress, Toyin Abraham, has found love again! The role interpreter, who had a short-lived marriage with a colleague, Adeniyi
- Governors, celebrities to grace NMNA
NOT less than five governors, media gurus and prominent Nigerians are expected at this year’s edition of Nigeria Media Nite-Out Awards
- I’m brand ambassador of killer curves – Destiny Etiko
Actress Destiny Etiko turned a year older on Monday August 12 and her day was brightened with a sur- prise
- August 23, Nigeria’s Quest for IMO Council Seat Boosted as Stakeholders Join Committee
- August 23, FRC Unveils Individual Registration Portal
- August 23, NSE All-Share Index Rises Marginally as Market Extends Positive Performance
- August 23, Tax Appeal Tribunal Resolves Disputes Worth N10bn
- August 23, Banks Jostle to Unlock N1.5tn for Real Sector Lending
- August 23, FRC Unveils Individual Registration Portal
- August 23, NSE All-Share Index Rises Marginally as Market Extends Positive Performance
- August 23, Tax Appeal Tribunal Resolves Disputes Worth N10bn
- August 23, Banks Jostle to Unlock N1.5tn for Real Sector Lending
- August 23, ‘Enugu Airport Closure Will Hurt Economic Activities in S/East’
- August 23, Battling Flight Delays, Cancellations
- August 23, Hajj Operations: Shortchanging Local Operators
- August 23, Ogunrinde: Nigeria’s Education System Requires Radical Change
- August 23, Ending Diversion of Cargos
- August 23, STOAN Refutes Claims of Congestion at Lagos Ports
- August 23, NPA Inaugurates Calabar Port Emergency Response Team
- August 23, ‘Local Refining of Aviation Fuel Will Save Nigerian Carriers’
- August 23, How NSC is Impacting Maritime Sector, Economy
- August 23, African LNG to Attract $103bn in 2019
- August 23, Paga Hits N1.5tn Transaction Value
- August 23, THE BITCOIN AND BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION
- August 23, Establishing Chicken Processing, Packaging Plant
- August 23, Lufthansa Calls for Sustainable Growth
- August 22, N537.3m Debt: AMCON to Take over Donald Duke’s Ikoyi Property
- August 22, Nigerian Stock Exchange Delists Skye Bank, Fortis Microfinance Bank
- August 22, Driving Social Change through SDG
- August 22, Investors Sustain Appetite for FGN Bonds
- She has a caustic tongue, abused my mother till she wept —Man
The four-year-old wedlock between a couple, Monsuru Badmus and Nuratu Badmus has been dissolved by Oja Oba/ Mapo Court C
- He attends club every night, returns home with his lover and sends me out —Wife
A woman, Olamide Ganiyu has dragged her husband, Sikiru Ganiyu before Oja Oba/ Mapo Court C Customary Court, Mapo, Ibadan,
- “My wife fought me on the street, stripped me almost naked”
The three-year-old union between a man, Adesola Opeoluwa and his wife, Oluwadamilola Opeoluwa has been dissolved by Oja Oba/ Mapo
- Success drives PenCom to seek more as pension assets hit N9.33tr
Lately, contribution to the pension fund managed by the National Pension Commission (PenCom) has been on the rise. According to
- How BATN Foundation, BOA’s collaboration is driving sustainable agric development
AT the last Africa Investment Forum session titled, ‘Agribusiness: investment conversation with industry leaders’ in November 2018, executives of the
- EEP: FG powering varsities to stimulate growth
IF, according to American philosopher, Allan Bloom, education is the movement from darkness to light, then the process that leads
- CTA, partners to assist Nigerian farmers access drought, flood tolerant seeds
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) have revealed that it is working with partners in various countries
- Nestlé, IITA engage youth agripreneurs on access to opportunities
Nestlé Nigeria through its initiative, Nestle Needs Youth, in partnership with International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, (IITA) Youth Agripreneurs, celebrated
- How we use Seedcodex technology to fight seed adulteration —Madu
Head, Corporate Affairs, mPedigree Network Nigeria, Chukwudi Madu, speaks on how the recently unveiled Seedcodex Observatory designed to sanitise the
- The effective leader
An effective leader is the delight of every one; superiors, contemporaries and subordinates. His superiors speak highly of him because
- How leaders bring out the best in subpar performers
All leaders love to work with team members who are high performers. High performers are self-motivated, passionate, energetic, and they
- When a leader goes down
Since the rape scandal involving Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) came to the fore, he
- Business plan a strategic tool for entrepreneurs —Kenneth Mbeh
Kenneth Etta Mbeh, a career coach and digital/social media strategist, is the Creative Director of Intelligentdude Consult and Phronesis Digital
- Meet Ajibola, educationist turned ‘mediapreneur’
Aminat Ajibola, a graduate of the Department of Biology, College of Education, Osun State University is an entrepreneur, who engages
- I inherited entrepreneurial genes from my parents —Okoli-Tasie, CEO, Mara Cruiz Organics
Amara Okoli-Tasie, an entrepreneur, manufacturer and innovator is the founder of Mara Cruiz Organics, a made-in-Nigeria hair care brand, and
- Ikeja Electric signs power supply agreement with Magodo residents
Ikeja Electric (IE) has signed an agreement with Magodo Resident Association to invest in electricity infrastructure in the estate as
- NNPC GMD must promote equity, efficiency, transparency to deliver key performance indicators —Iledare
IN your own opinion sir, do you think the GMD of NNPC can successfully implement any proposed reforms in the
- Lack of adequate data inimical to oil, gas sector growth —Stakeholders
Digital revolution is beginning to take over global economy and this came to the front burner during the recently concluded
- Abuja Carnival to hold November 23
The annual Abuja Carnival is scheduled to take place between 23rd and 25th November, 2019. The carnival is a yearly
- Amaechi, Mohammed, FRSC AIB for second transport, tourism summit
The Minister of Transport, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, and Alhaji Lai Muhammed, Minister of Information and Culture will be the special
- La Campagne builds world’s first mud house with indoor swimming pool
The vibrancy of a resort centre does not lie in its ability to maintain old facilities alone but in innovative
- Landwey acquires stake in Vistafront
Landwey, one of Nigeria’s most respected real estate companies with developmental projects in the commercial, retail and residential property segments
- African telecoms regulators converge on Abuja for 2019 conference
HOW regulatory activities of the 54-member nations of African Union (AU) can be integrated for seamless connectivity to boost customers
- LG promises more innovations, household conveniences
"Tomorrow’s homes are becoming smarter and more personal. And the rollout of 5G will accelerate the evolution of the connected
- Nigeria’s Labour Ministry very weak — ILO
THE International Labour organisation (ILO) has declared that the Federal Ministry of Labour in Nigeria is very weak saying that
- International Youth Day: Nigerian youths urge govt to pay attention to unemployment
Nigerian Youths have appealed to government at all levels, especially the Federal Government to pay attention to youth unemployment and
- Why Centenary Declaration for the Future of Work 2019 is adopted — ILO
THE International Labour Organization (ILO), says it adopted the Centenary Declaration for the Future of Work 2019 in response to
- Air Peace commends closure of Enugu airport runway
THE Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has announced plans to close the runway at the Akanu Abiam International Airport
- Criticisms continue to trail alleged extra frequencies to Emirates
The recent approval granted by the Federal Government to Emirates Airline to operate two more frequencies into Nigeria has continued
- NAMA emphasises importance of licensing to safety
The Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) has charged the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) to consider as a matter of
- My agenda for outdoor advertising practice in Nigeria —Ajufo, OAAN president
The newly-elected president of the Outdoor Advertisers Association of Nigeria (OAAN), Mr. Emma Ajufo, in this chat with Akin Adewakun,
- Nigerian market, very critical to our operations — Multichoice
PAYTV service provider, Multichoice Nigeria has described the nation’s paytv market as very critical to its business, hence its level
- Why we repackaged Goldberg lager —NB Plc
THE need to conceptualise and execute ideas that perfectly blend the beauty of tradition and culture, has been identified as
- 5 characteristics of weak leaders
At the beginning of Abraham Lincoln’s first term, he appointed each of his former Republican rivals—those who had run against
- The 9-step leadership workout: Key to complete transformation
Fitness, health and diets take effort and commitment. We all know that. You can’t just read the latest diet book
- 5 habits that separate great sales leaders from others
Sales leaders fall into the same trap over and over: being busy for busy sake. They’re often chasing their tails
- Conoil assures shareholders of improved returns, as profit rises by 13.8%
Shareholders of Conoil Plc have been assured of juicy returns on their investment in line with its tradition of delivering
- Ekiti governor visits NSE, woo investors
Ekiti Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has assured investors that, with the introduction of relevant policies and legislature, the state is
- H1’2019: GTBank increases PBT by 5.6% •Proposes 30 kobo interim dividend
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc’s (GTBank) half year result has shown positive growth across key financial metrics and reflects its leading
- How our recycling activities save millions of lives —Sobanjo, RecycleGarb CEO
RecycleGarb Hub Limited is a leading recycling start-up company in West Africa’s largest city of Ibadan, once reputed for filth
- We’ll lose one million species unless we act, UNEP boss says as CITES conference begins
Governments will seek to improve the level of protection for endangered species and wildlife in general as the 183 parties
- Rivers prepares for emergency flood challenges
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, has directed local council chairmen and relevant agencies in the state to take proactive
- Nigerian ports cannot attract bigger vessels —Christian Holm
Christian Holm, Managing Director of Hull Blyth Nigeria Limited recently stated that Nigeria’s seaports lacked capacity to handle bigger vessels
- NIMASA launches C4i system to tackle maritime insecurity
Nigerian Maritime Safety and Administration (NIMASA) has commenced operation of a security architecture known as C4i for the protection of
- Shipping companies to surcharge shippers over under-declarations from Sept. 15
Following the latest fire outbreak onboard the APL Le Havre off the Indian west coast, foreign shipping companies from September
- DMO records 408 savings bond subscribers —DMO
THE Debt Management Office (DMO) says N324.4 million was allotted to 408 subscribers during its sale of savings bond in
- SEC holds Q2 2019 CMC meeting
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has announced that the Second Capital Market Committee (CMC) meeting in 2019 has been
- Coronation Merchant Bank’s N100 bn CP Programme to close August 19th
THE Coronation Merchant Bank Limited Series three and four Commercial Paper (“CP’), offer under its N100 billion CP Programme will
- UNILAG seeks to improve artisans’ competitiveness
C ONCERNED over heavy reliance on foreign artisans in the sector of the Nigeria’s economy, owing to the dearth of
- Legislator tasks corporate bodies on rejuvenation of Lagos’ Ajegunle slum
APPARENTLY dissatisfied with the quantum of infrastructure deficits, including the absence of basic amenities that has been the portion of
- Experts laud impact of technology in reshaping estate agency practice
AS a way of doing things faster, better and quicker, technology is making today’s reality of global economy/village possible and
- Lagos to host Turkish Airlines’ world’s largest amateur golf tournament
A Star Alliance member airline, Turkish Airlines, is set to host the largest corporate World Golf Cup tournament in Lagos
- AFRIMA: Promoting Africa through new narrative, incentives
THE quest to position Africa on the global platform has called for new narrative and this new revolutionary template is
- Amachree calls on all tiers of govt to develop tourist sites
Father of Tourism in Nigeria, Chief Mike Amachree, has called on governments at all levels in the country to develop
- Germany-based Nollywood actress urges collaboration with Diaspora
Germany-based Nollywood actress and gospel singer, Queen Floxy Nwaka, has called for more collaborations between home-based and Nigerian artistes in
- ‘Gimme name for my Album’, Davido appeals to fans
Afropop star, David ‘Davido’ Adeleke has asked fans to help title his upcoming album. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports
- BBNaija (S4): Again! ‘Team Icons’ wins wager task
‘The Icons’ group of the ongoing Big Brother Naija reality show, have won this week’s wager task. News Agency of
- BBNaija (S4): ‘Omashola TV’ steals show
Omashola Oburoh, a housemate in the ongoing Big Brother Naija reality show, has stunned fans with his creative project, ‘Omashola
- #BBNAIJA2019: Housemates celebrate Esther
On a happy mood, the housemates of the reality show of 2019 season four Big Brother ‘’PEPPER DEM’’, played prank
- Ghanaian actress, Juliet, slams TV presenter over comments on failed marriage
Ghanaian actress, Juliet Ibrahim has dragged a Ghanaian TV presenter, one Akuko Perming over the comments she made about her
- Why Toyin, Ajeyemi kept love affair, pregnancy secret
As congratulatory messages keep pouring in for popular actress, Toyin Aimakhu and her lover, Kolawole Ajeyemi, on the arrival of
- Ifeoma Eze drops two albums
Abuja-based sensational gospel singer and songwriter, Pastor Ifeoma Eze of Zion Heritage and Miracles Ministries, has released her 7th and
- NCC rolls out plans for 30th anniversary
As the 30th anniversary of Nigerian Copyright Commission (NCC) draws near, the commission has concluded plans to celebrate the evolution
- Idia Aisien lands endorsement deal with BNatural Spa
Award-winning TV host, news anchor, Idia Aisien, is certainly living her best life at the moment. For her, 2019 has
- Ceeboi takes a shot at pop music with ‘Superwoman’
Following his decision to switch from being a rapper to the afro pop genre, music star, Ceeboi, has concluded plans
- Halima Abubakar signs new million naira deal
Nollywood actress, Halima Abubakar, may have missed out on many deals in the past, but the actress, who battled with
- Big Brother Naija: Who goes home this Sunday?
The battle to stay one more week in the Big Brother Naija ‘Pepper Dem’ House continued on Monday night with
- Phyno, Kcee and Onyeka Onwenu climax Hi-Life fest finale with stunning performances
Three of Nigeria’s biggest entertainers graced the finale of Hi-Life fest 2019. After three months of sensational music performances across
- Dating styles among undergraduates in Nigeria revealed!
Faith Ilesanmi writes on the dating scenarios in various Nigerian universities and motives behind why young undergraduates ‘fall’ in love
- Our standards best in Ibadan— Paris Bakery
Paris Bakery is a popular confectionery outfit in Ibadan. In this interview with FAVOUR BOLUWADE, the manger of the bakery
- Scientists develop robotic shorts that make it easier to walk and run
Harvard University researchers have developed a new powered exosuit that can make you feel as much as a dozen pounds
- Gospel singer, Lillian Okeze, set to launch first single, ‘Baba Ese’
Nigerian gospel singer, Lillian Okeze, is set to take gospel music to a new height as she prepares to launch
- Why no producer can approach me for sex —Deola Layade
Serial entrepreneur and creative director of Azaria Bespoke Company Limited, Adeola Layade, is a movie producer, actress and baker. Layade,
- I’ll give marriage another chance again if…. —Juliet Ibrahim
You have been somehow quiet. Many people are wondering what could have made you keep a low profile for a
- Nigerian music is growing, but… —Kadiri, Boomplay General Manager
How has life been managing the affairs of Boomplay Music? Life has been on a rollercoaster of sleepless nights and
- ‘Why people say I’m expensive’
People call you Honeypot, how do you feel answering a name that has a sensual meaning? I get this question
- What I will do to Rihanna when I meet her —Orezi
Finally, you have decided to come out of your shell to give your fans something to talk about again. Why
- Viral Yahoo Plus video: My real story — King Patto
A few days back, a video of a young man, Akinmolayan Habeeb, popularly known as King Patto, went viral on
- I can’t retire from acting ’cos nobody ’ll pay me pension —Antar Laniyan
What have you been up to in the last few years? I have been into acting and movie directing. And
- The bane of Nollywood is lack of professionalism, piracy —Prof. Sola Fosudo
Professor Sola Fosudo is a consummate actor, dramatist, theatre director, scholar, critic and the Head of Department of Theatre Arts
- Nollywood needs to pay more attention to details —Actress Belinda Effah
With the first half of 2019 having ended, how is the year turning out for you, career-wise? The first half
- How I cope with advances from male fans —Actress Damipe Adekoya
Oluwadamipe Iyanuoluwa Adekoya, a graduate of Dramatic Arts from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State is a Nollywood actress and
- I don’t worry about negative opinions again —Teriba
Not much has been heard about you for some time. You seem to have chosen a quiet life now. Are
- Life as a trombonist has been interesting —Trombonist Abbey
What have you been up to lately? I have been making utmost effort through the help of the Almighty in
- Fear of caesarean section
I am due to deliver my first baby in a few months time and my doctors have suggested a Caesarean
- Is this my baby?
I once had a casual unprotected sex with a lady I met while travelling to another state in the country
- Are sex toys safe?
I am a single mother who is not interested in any relationship for now. In order to handle my sexual
- Unilorin professor discovers anti-cancer, anti-TB drugs, seeks commercialisation
PROF. Joshua Obaleye of the Department of Chemistry, University of Ilorin, says his team has discovered anti-malaria, anti-cancer and anti-tuberculosis
- Community advocates rights for women living with HIV/AIDS in West Africa
A community of Women Living with HIV/AIDS in West Africa (COWLHIWA) has advocated for the rights of women living with
- HIV/AIDS: Int’l organisation calls for collaboration to curtail spread
HEARTLAND Alliance International (HAI) says only collaboration with the Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), Ministry of Health, National Agency
- Moringa, maize leaf tea adjunct for treating depression —Scientists
Every one feels low at one time or the other. When it happens, many reach out for a cup of
- ‘Justicia carnea leaf extract comparable to conventional blood tonic’
Have you been told that your iron levels are low? Have you been diagnosed with iron deficiency, also known as
- 102 plants used in treating fibroid in Ogun, Osun —Survey
Experts in a survey for herbs for treating fibroid have identified 102 medicinal plants and 16 recipes used in treating
- Intellectual disability: When a child struggles to learn?
Folake is a 10-year-old girl who has already repeated every class she has attended so far. She is currently in
- Emotional wellbeing and intimate partner violence
The dynamics and risk factors for spousal violence are complex. But what are the mental health ramifications? What can we
- Help, my child is doing drugs
AUDU a 16-year-old secondary school leaver, had always been a high-flying student but his academic performance had declined drastically in
- Ita-Giwa turns passion to business
‘Mama Bakassi’ as female politician, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa, is known is a woman favoured with the gift of turning everything
- What push-ups can tell about your heart
Can you do 40 push ups? No, not over the course of a month, but in a row? If not,
- Five menstruation myths you must leave behind
Approximately half of the world’s population experiences, will experience, or has experienced menstruation, and yet myths about this biological process
- Getting back into shape after pregnancy
THE Internet age today thrives on setting the acceptable standards for everything, from what we eat to how we should
- I couldn’t go to school of my choice due to sickle cell disorder —Grey Emuze
Greg Emuze is an engaging personality and holds some very strong views when it comes to Sickle Cell Disorder (SCD)
- Even a cup of palm wine can affect your baby’s brain!
Drinking alcohol in moderation is more harmful than previously thought and there’s no “safe” level of alcohol consumption. What is
- Where has all the laughter gone?
She came back about an hour after she had left my consulting room. As I was wondering why, she thrust
- When exactly does old age begin?
I made a quick estimate of his age as he struggled into my consulting room, swaying to one side and
- The three abilities that hold secret for preserving your sight
One day, the village wise man heard about a visitor from a neighbouring village who was coming to visit him