- Nigerian opposition candidate seeks to privatise state oil firm - Channel NewsAsia
- Nigerian opposition candidate seeks to privatise state oil firm Channel NewsAsia
- Abubakar Plans to Sell Nigeria's `Mafia' Oil Firm If He Wins Bloomberg
- UPDATE 2-Nigerian opposition candidate seeks to privatize state oil firm CNBC
- Nigerian opposition candidate seeks to privatize state oil firm Reuters Africa
- View full coverage on Google News
- Big Brother Nigeria renewed for 4th season as production moves from Jozi to Lagos - Channel 24
- Big Brother Nigeria renewed for 4th season as production moves from Jozi to Lagos Channel 24
- BBNaija to hold fourth edition in Nigeria The Punch
- BBNaija returns with season 4, to hold in Nigeria Vanguard
- Breaking: BBNaija 2019 to be held in Nigeria Legit.ng
- 2019 Big Brother Naija to hold in Nigeria Premium Times
- View full coverage on Google News
- Abubakar to Oust Nigeria Monetary Chief, Float Naira If Elected - Bloomberg Abubakar to Oust Nigeria Monetary Chief, Float Naira If Elected Bloomberg
Nigeria's main opposition candidate, Atiku Abubakar, said he would appoint a new central bank governor and float the naira if he wins next month's election.
- 'Project Rescue Nigeria': Fact-checking Oby Ezekwesili's presidential manifesto - Africa Check 'Project Rescue Nigeria': Fact-checking Oby Ezekwesili's presidential manifesto Africa Check
On 16 February 2019, Nigerians will head to the polls to choose a new president. One candidate is Obiageli Ezekwesili, who has twice served as a national ...
- Facebook announces measures to check fake news in Nigeria's elections - Premium Times Facebook announces measures to check fake news in Nigeria's elections Premium Times
In order to curb the spread of fake news during the forthcoming general elections in Nigeria, Facebook has said only advertisers located in Nigeria would be ...
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire dies - Vanguard Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire dies Vanguard
Nigeria's Ambassador to Cote d'Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah, has died, Foreign Affairs Ministry officials, have confirmed.
- Drake dancer: Nigerian moves are taking over - BBC News Drake dancer: Nigerian moves are taking over BBC News
Nigeria is setting global dance trends according to international choreographer Ezinne Asinugo AKA Zizi who has worked with artists including Drake and ...
- Nigeria’s first storey building receives 13,609 visitors in 2018 - The Punch Nigeria’s first storey building receives 13,609 visitors in 2018 The Punch
The first storey building in Nigeria located in Badagry, Lagos State, recorded 13609 visitors in 2018, Mr Hodonu Daniel, the officer in charge of ...
- Don't set Nigeria on fire, CAN president advises politicians - Pulse Nigeria Don't set Nigeria on fire, CAN president advises politicians Pulse Nigeria
The President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Samson Ayokunle, has advised politicians to avoid utterances and actions, which are capable of ...
- How high-tech agriculture is transforming the fortunes of Nigerian rice farmers - The Telegraph How high-tech agriculture is transforming the fortunes of Nigerian rice farmers The Telegraph
New planting and harvesting techniques have transformed the fortunes of rice farmers in Nigeria's agricultural belt, turning family-run plots into thriving ...
- JUST IN: Nigeria inflation rises to 11.44% - Premium Times JUST IN: Nigeria inflation rises to 11.44% Premium Times
The consumer price index, which measures inflation, increased to 11.44 percent in December 2018, the National Bureau of Statistics said on Wednesday.
- Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: January 5–11 - Council on Foreign Relations Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: January 5–11 Council on Foreign Relations
This update represents violence in Nigeria and related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger between January 5 to 11, 2019.
- Nigeria ranked among top 10 cheapest petrol selling countries – Report - Pulse Nigeria Nigeria ranked among top 10 cheapest petrol selling countries – Report Pulse Nigeria
In its report released on January 15, the Global Economic Policy Initiative, GEPin, said Nigeria presently ranks number six in the world only behind Venezuela, ...
- Nigerian millennials spent more on cinemas than Netflix in 2018 - Pulse Nigeria Nigerian millennials spent more on cinemas than Netflix in 2018 Pulse Nigeria
Last year, Nigerian millennials chose cinemas over Netflix as the preferred source of entertainment. However, young people spent their money more frequently ...
- Nigeria govt launches international passport with 10-year validity - Guardian Nigeria Nigeria govt launches international passport with 10-year validity Guardian Nigeria
The Nigerian government has launched a red diplomatic international passport with a ten-year validity.Nigeria president Muhammadu Buhari and vice president ...
- "Don't make mistake of choosing any PDP candidate," Buhari warns Nigerians - Pulse Nigeria "Don't make mistake of choosing any PDP candidate," Buhari warns Nigerians Pulse Nigeria
The president urged Nigerians to stick with his leadership because he'll protect the nation's wealth.
- Thousands fleeing Rann attack seek refuge in Cameroon - Nigeria | Médecins Sans Frontières - Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) International Thousands fleeing Rann attack seek refuge in Cameroon - Nigeria | Médecins Sans Frontières Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) International
Several thousand people have fled Rann in northeast Nigeria following a violent attack on the town on 14 January. Yesterday, they started arriving by foot in ...
- How Nigeria’s Deepening Insecurity Could Mar Buhari’s Re-election Bid - International Policy Digest How Nigeria’s Deepening Insecurity Could Mar Buhari’s Re-election Bid International Policy Digest
With the 2019 general election just around the corner, the likelihood of President Muhammadu Buhari returning for a second term seem unlikely.
- Police lost glory, a concern to governments, Nigerians – New IGP - Premium Times Police lost glory, a concern to governments, Nigerians – New IGP Premium Times
The acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, has warned officers and men of the force to abstain from unethical conducts capable of ...
- Maritime expert tasks FG on Nigeria’s ship ownership - Vanguard Maritime expert tasks FG on Nigeria’s ship ownership Vanguard
FOLLOWING the absence of locally owned ships operating in international waters which has affected the sea time training for Nigerian seafarers, the Federal ...
- Arsenal and Nigeria legend Nwankwo Kanu left in tears after entire football career silverware stolen - KickOff.com Arsenal and Nigeria legend Nwankwo Kanu left in tears after entire football career silverware stolen KickOff.com
Nigeria football legend Nwankwo Kanu suffered 'the saddest day' of his life after the awards he amassed over a 20-year football career vanished from his Lagos ...
- Nigeria lawyers challenge legitimacy of chief justice’s trial - Financial Times Nigeria lawyers challenge legitimacy of chief justice’s trial Financial Times
Opposition criticised for politically motivated move as elections loom.
- Police: Many People Killed in Nigeria Oil Tanker Explosion - TIME Police: Many People Killed in Nigeria Oil Tanker Explosion TIME
(LAGOS, Nigeria) — An overturned oil tanker exploded in Nigeria while dozens of people were scooping up the leaking fuel and many were killed, police and ...
- How the US and China collaborated to get nuclear material out of Nigeria — and away from terrorist groups - DefenseNews.com How the US and China collaborated to get nuclear material out of Nigeria — and away from terrorist groups DefenseNews.com
Defense News reveals how an international team was given 24 hours to extract radioactive material from an African country in the throws of battling Boko Haram.
- See the new prices for Nigerian e-passports - Daily Trust See the new prices for Nigerian e-passports Daily Trust
The Federal Government of Nigeria has introduced a new Nigerian e-passport with 10 years validity. The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration *Service* ...
- Nigerian religious women, carrying on regardless… - Vatican News Nigerian religious women, carrying on regardless… Vatican News
Paul Samasumo – Vatican News. “It is frightening…but what can you do? It is not stopping us from carrying on with our responsibilities. We get up in the morning ...
- Nigeria earns $640.35 million from Crude export – NNPC - Premium Times Nigeria earns $640.35 million from Crude export – NNPC Premium Times
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) says the country earned $640.35 million from the export of crude oil and gas for the month of October, ...
- Film industry 'rising star' found dead in Nigerian hotel room - News24 Film industry 'rising star' found dead in Nigerian hotel room News24
A 'rising star' in the film and commercials industry, Siphiwe 'SJ' Myeza-Mhlambi, has been found dead in his hotel room in Nigeria.
- Nigerian coy, MOB Integrated, emerges largest supplier of LPG in West Africa - Vanguard Nigerian coy, MOB Integrated, emerges largest supplier of LPG in West Africa Vanguard
Petroleum marketing company in Lagos, MOB Integrated Services Limited, is now the largest supplier of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) in West Africa.
- 2019 Nigeria election: What you need to know - DW (English) 2019 Nigeria election: What you need to know DW (English)
As Nigerians prepare to vote in presidential elections on February 16, DW looks at the players, the key issues and what role young people are playing in the ...
- 94 lawyers, SANS : Nigerians come hard on ACP Shogunle over tweet - Vanguard 94 lawyers, SANS : Nigerians come hard on ACP Shogunle over tweet Vanguard
Abayomi Shogunle, has expressed that "I wish Nigerian lawyers extend same zeal & pro bono to thousands of awaiting trial inmates"
- Brief history of Nigeria Police Force: interesting facts - Legit.ng Brief history of Nigeria Police Force: interesting facts Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Nigeria Police Force today is the principal law enforcement *service* in Nigeria. Read ☛ brief history of Nigeria Police Force! ☚ How was Police ...
- West African Countries Depend On Nigeria For Food Sufficiency, Says Agric Minister - SaharaReporters.com West African Countries Depend On Nigeria For Food Sufficiency, Says Agric Minister SaharaReporters.com
Heineken Lokpobiri, Minister of State for Agriculture and Rural Development, has said the survival of most West African countries depends on the contribution of ...
- Nigerians react to Abba Moro’s claim that APC’s ‘change’ brought pains - Vanguard Nigerians react to Abba Moro’s claim that APC’s ‘change’ brought pains Vanguard
Former Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, has criticised the All Progressive Congress (APC), stating that their administration of change brought pains.
- Nigeria elections 2019 pulls in tech startups for politicians - Quartz Nigeria elections 2019 pulls in tech startups for politicians Quartz
Nigeria's tech ecosystem has come in for praise over the past decade given the rise of startups solving problems and serving addressable market needs using ...
- Agbakoba, others promise new Nigeria as Peoples Trust starts campaign - The Punch Agbakoba, others promise new Nigeria as Peoples Trust starts campaign The Punch
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja. The National Chairman of the Peoples Trust, Olisa Agbakoba (SAN); the party's presidential candidate, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, and ...
- Sorry, servile, supine state of Nigeria’s media - The Punch Sorry, servile, supine state of Nigeria’s media The Punch
For good or ill, the press, also known as the “Fourth Estate of the Realm”, being the epitome of power alongside the Legislature, Judiciary and the Executive, is a ...
- Traditional Ruler hails Nigeria Troops for reclaiming Baga - Vanguard Traditional Ruler hails Nigeria Troops for reclaiming Baga Vanguard
The Olowu of Kuta, Oba Adekunle Makama has applauded the recent exploits of the military in recapturing Baga town, in Kukawa Local Government Council of ...
- Minimum Wage: Nigerian govt keeps mum after 'special' FEC meeting - Premium Times Minimum Wage: Nigerian govt keeps mum after 'special' FEC meeting Premium Times
From left: President Muhammadu Buhari; Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami; Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh; Minister of State for Agriculture,. Heinekan ...
- Senate resumes, adjourns plenary over Rep's death - Premium Times Senate resumes, adjourns plenary over Rep's death Premium Times
The Senate resumed on Wednesday, and held its plenary for a briefly period.
- Vincent Enyeama: Nigeria keeper wants to play again - BBC Sport Vincent Enyeama: Nigeria keeper wants to play again BBC Sport
Former Nigeria captain and goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama wants to continue his career despite not having played in almost two years.
- Do Nigerian Premier League clubs do trials for youngsters? - Legit.ng Do Nigerian Premier League clubs do trials for youngsters? Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Founded 47 years ago, the Nigeria Professional Football League is the highest level of the Nigerian football system in which 20 teams take ...
- Debunking fake news in Nigeria - BBC News Debunking fake news in Nigeria BBC News
Meet the people debunking fake news in a country where rumours spread about a presidential "clone".
- Nigeria Military Raids Newspaper, Seizes Computers and Arrests Journalists - The New York Times Nigeria Military Raids Newspaper, Seizes Computers and Arrests Journalists The New York Times
DAKAR, Senegal — The Nigerian military stormed the headquarters and three satellite offices of one of the nation's largest newspapers on Sunday, detaining at ...
- Shehu Shagari, Nigerian President During ’80s Oil Crisis, Dies at 93 - The New York Times Shehu Shagari, Nigerian President During ’80s Oil Crisis, Dies at 93 The New York Times
Mr. Shagari sought to revive democratic rule, but military officers deposed him during a 1983 economic crisis caused by plummeting oil prices.
- ASUU strike: Muslim students tell Nigerian govt what to do - Daily Post Nigeria ASUU strike: Muslim students tell Nigerian govt what to do Daily Post Nigeria
The Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria (MSSN) has appealed to the Federal Government to accede to current demands of the Academic Staff Union of ...
- Restructuring: Osinbajo, others advocate autonomous stronger states - Vanguard Restructuring: Osinbajo, others advocate autonomous stronger states Vanguard
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and some prominent Nigerians have advocated autonomous stronger states through devolution of powers.
- Letter from Africa: 'Guilty until proven innocent in Nigeria' - BBC News Letter from Africa: 'Guilty until proven innocent in Nigeria' BBC News
In our series of letters from Africa, Nigerian writer and novelist Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani tackles the culture of naming, shaming and public parading of suspects in ...
- Beyond Brexit - Nigeria wants a new trade deal with Britain - Express.co.uk Beyond Brexit - Nigeria wants a new trade deal with Britain Express.co.uk
In August this year, Prime Minister Theresa May visited Nigeria. She spoke about increasing investment opportunities, a new trade deal and economic ...
- Drama as two Police commissioners resume in Lagos - Premium Times Drama as two Police commissioners resume in Lagos Premium Times
There was mild drama Tuesday at the Ikeja Headquarters of the Lagos Police Command as two Police Commissioners resumed duty for the day.
- Frank Mba replaces Jimoh Moshood as Police PRO - Guardian Nigeria Frank Mba replaces Jimoh Moshood as Police PRO Guardian Nigeria
The Acting Inspector General, Adamu Mohammed, has appointed Frank Mba as the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Nigeria Police, replacing the former ...
- Buhari writes Senate, declines assent to 5 bills - Vanguard Buhari writes Senate, declines assent to 5 bills Vanguard
By Henry Umoru ABUJA – PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Senate just as he declining assent to the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and ...
- Nigeria's parties debate strategies to fight corruption - Anadolu Agency Nigeria's parties debate strategies to fight corruption Anadolu Agency
Graft blamed for country's poverty rate, underdevelopment, rising crimes - Anadolu Agency.
- Nigerian Helicopter Crashes While Fighting Boko Haram - TIME Nigerian Helicopter Crashes While Fighting Boko Haram TIME
(MAIDUGURI, Nigeria) — A Nigerian Air Force helicopter crashed in combat, as fighting raged against Boko Haram extremists for control of the strategic town of ...
- Onitiri faults FG on CJN’s trial - Vanguard Onitiri faults FG on CJN’s trial Vanguard
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, senatorial candidate for Lagos Central, Chief Adesunbo Onitiri, has implored President Muhammadu Buhari to stop the trial of ...
- There is no adequate funding of researches in Nigeria – Utomi - Vanguard There is no adequate funding of researches in Nigeria – Utomi Vanguard
Prof. Pat Utomi, a renowned political economist, on Wednesday decried poor funding of researches and the under usage of its outcomes for socioeconomic ...
- How 1 Company--and Its Insanely Popular and Cheap Noodles--Transformed Nigeria - Inc. How 1 Company--and Its Insanely Popular and Cheap Noodles--Transformed Nigeria Inc.
Disruptive innovation guru Clayton Christensen explains why entrepreneurs are our best hope to eradicate poverty.
- Clemens Westerhof: Ex Nigeria coach looking to bolster youth academy in Zimbabwe - BBC Sport Clemens Westerhof: Ex Nigeria coach looking to bolster youth academy in Zimbabwe BBC Sport
Former Nigeria coach Clemens Westerhof says his age is no barrier to his desire to keep working in African football as he considers new opportunities in ...
- Beyond Fake News in Nigeria: 'Strippers' and the VP - BBC News Beyond Fake News in Nigeria: 'Strippers' and the VP BBC News
The BBC hosted the Beyond Fake News summit in Nigeria, examining ways to combating fake news.
- Nigeria 'failing' to implement increased minimum wage - Aljazeera.com Nigeria 'failing' to implement increased minimum wage Aljazeera.com
There has been a two-and-a-half year delay in implementing Nigeria's new, increased minimum wage.
- I splurged on an 8-day, $3,000 trip to Nigeria for myself over the holidays, and it was worth every penny - Business Insider I splurged on an 8-day, $3,000 trip to Nigeria for myself over the holidays, and it was worth every penny Business Insider
Author Adrienne Jordan breaks down how she spent $2881 on an eight-day trip to Nigeria for an experience that she says was "more than worth it."
- Nigeria faces rising violence in 2019 - Financial Times Nigeria faces rising violence in 2019 Financial Times
Government, private sector and donors must unite to promote development.
- What Netflix’s involvement in Nigeria’s massive film industry really means - The South African What Netflix’s involvement in Nigeria’s massive film industry really means The South African
Global streaming *service* Netflix set its eyes a few years ago on Nigeria's film industry, better known as Nollywood.
- My administration’ll turn education Nigeria’s new oil, gold – Ezekwesili - Vanguard My administration’ll turn education Nigeria’s new oil, gold – Ezekwesili Vanguard
THE Presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria,ACPN,has promised that if elected in the forth coming general election,she would turn ...
- Unidentified gunmen kill 17 people in Nigeria's Zamfara state - Al Jazeera English Unidentified gunmen kill 17 people in Nigeria's Zamfara state Al Jazeera English
Raiders on several motorbikes shoot Magami village residents indiscriminately in the latest attack in Nigeria.
- Nigerian military tightens grip on rights group over human rights argument - CNN Nigerian military tightens grip on rights group over human rights argument CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) The Nigerian government accused human rights group Amnesty International of "damaging the morale" of its soldiers fighting terrorism, ...
- Why did Nigeria ban UNICEF? - The Economist Why did Nigeria ban UNICEF? The Economist
EVEN AT THE best of times Nigeria is awash with speculation. Ask otherwise sensible people who is really behind Boko Haram, a jihadist group, and conspiracy ...
- 'Bandits' kill 10 troops along Niger-Nigeria border - Aljazeera.com 'Bandits' kill 10 troops along Niger-Nigeria border Aljazeera.com
The two countries had launched a joint operation against criminal gangs in Niger's Maradi region over the weekend.
- BBC World Service - Newsday, How are first time voters in Nigeria navigating fake news? - BBC News BBC World Service - Newsday, How are first time voters in Nigeria navigating fake news? BBC News
The spread of misinformation and fake news is the biggest threat to Nigeria's 2019 elections, according to the country's information minister Lai Mohammed.
- UN Alarmed at Uprooting of Civilians in Nigeria's War With Militants - VOA News UN Alarmed at Uprooting of Civilians in Nigeria's War With Militants VOA News
The United Nations voiced alarm on Wednesday at the uprooting of more than 30,000 Nigerians forced to flee the protracted war against Islamist insurgents in ...
- Tiffany Trump Not Fazed Dating Someone Who Grew Up in a Country Dad Reportedly Mocked: Source - PEOPLE.com Tiffany Trump Not Fazed Dating Someone Who Grew Up in a Country Dad Reportedly Mocked: Source PEOPLE.com
Given Donald Trump's incendiary past comments, how does Tiffany Trump feel about dating Michael Boulos, who grew up in a country the president mocked?
- Nigeria faces a health financing cliff edge - Devex Nigeria faces a health financing cliff edge Devex
ABUJA, Nigeria — Over the next two decades, Nigeria is expected to become ineligible for a range of external health financing sources, from Global Fund grants ...
- Egypt announce they will play Nigeria in a March friendly - BBC Sport Egypt announce they will play Nigeria in a March friendly BBC Sport
The Egypt Football Association announces the Pharaohs will play Nigeria in a friendly on 26 March.
- New unfiltered owambe photos of Bobrisky hit the internet - Legit.ng New unfiltered owambe photos of Bobrisky hit the internet Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Popular Nigerian cross-dresser Bobrisky has become a topic once again on social media after some unfiltered photos of him went viral.
- Can Nigeria's next president revive the country's economy? - Al Jazeera America Can Nigeria's next president revive the country's economy? Al Jazeera America
Spokesmen for President Buhari and opposition candidate Atiku Abubakar debate Nigeria's economy.
- Nigeria's Daily Trust undermined security, army says - BBC News Nigeria's Daily Trust undermined security, army says BBC News
The Nigerian army says it raided the offices of the private Daily Trust newspaper for "undermining national security" by reporting about a planned operation ...
- Boko Haram launches series of attacks in north-east Nigeria - The Guardian Boko Haram launches series of attacks in north-east Nigeria The Guardian
Militants seize town of Baga, near Chad, in show of force before presidential election.
- Nigeria, China sign MOU on counter-insurgency - The Punch Nigeria, China sign MOU on counter-insurgency The Punch
John Alechenu, Abuja The Federal Government and the Peoples Republic of China, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the Chinese to assist...
- Nigeria eyes graft charges against football officials - SowetanLIVE Sunday World Nigeria eyes graft charges against football officials SowetanLIVE Sunday World
The head of a Nigerian presidential anti-corruption body has said charges will be brought against football officials for allegedly misappropriating public funds.
- Nigerian army says 14 personnel killed in Boko Haram ambush - Aljazeera.com Nigerian army says 14 personnel killed in Boko Haram ambush Aljazeera.com
Security forces were on escort duty when they were attacked in Yobe state in the north of the country, army says.
- Amina Zakari and Nigeria’s bigger trouble - The Punch Amina Zakari and Nigeria’s bigger trouble The Punch
Niran Adedokun With due respect to all compatriots, Nigeria must currently be the most ridiculous nation on the surface of the planet. Some oppos...
- Gunmen kill Nigeria's ex-defence chief: official - News24 Gunmen kill Nigeria's ex-defence chief: official News24
Gunmen have shot dead a former defence chief on a main road outside Nigeria's capital Abuja, the air force has said, in an attack that underscores worsening ...
- S&P may downgrade MTN if it lifts Nigeria exposure - Business Day S&P may downgrade MTN if it lifts Nigeria exposure Business Day
S&P Global Ratings has warned that it could downgrade MTN's debt if the mobile operator increases its relative exposure to Nigeria. MTN has been at ...
- Nigeria U20 to face Saudi Arabia in friendly - Goal.com Nigeria U20 to face Saudi Arabia in friendly Goal.com
Paul Aigbogun's boy will face the Middle East nation to test their readiness for the 2019 U20 Afcon.
- Nigeria Softens Rules Shielding Banks From Wireless Rivals - Bloomberg Nigeria Softens Rules Shielding Banks From Wireless Rivals Bloomberg
Nigeria is preparing rules that will allow wireless carriers to transfer cash, softening a previous policy that protected the turf of banks in Africa's most populous ...
- Nigerian professor in sex for grades scandal gets prison term - CNN Nigerian professor in sex for grades scandal gets prison term CNN
Nigerian professor Richard Akindele, accused of demanding sex from a female student, was sentenced to prison Monday.
- Protecting Nigeria’s rice revolution - The Punch Protecting Nigeria’s rice revolution The Punch
Punch Editorial Board Nigeria's quest for self-sufficiency in rice production has, without doubt, got off to an enthusiastic start, with some stat...
- Stephen Keshi Stadium confirmed as venue for Nigeria's friendly with Egypt - BBC Sport Stephen Keshi Stadium confirmed as venue for Nigeria's friendly with Egypt BBC Sport
Nigeria's Football Federation (NFF) says the friendly against Egypt in March will take place at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba, Delta State, southern Nigeria ...
- Nigerian parliament approves funds to revive Ajaokuta steel plant - Aljazeera.com Nigerian parliament approves funds to revive Ajaokuta steel plant Aljazeera.com
After nearly 40 years, Nigeria is trying to revive the idle steel factory, once billed as Africa's biggest steel plant.
- Nigeria Targets 26M People in Yellow Fever Campaign - VOA News Nigeria Targets 26M People in Yellow Fever Campaign VOA News
A vaccination center in Nigeria's capital, Abuja, is swarming with people, a sign that Nigeria's campaign to vaccinate more people against yellow fever appears ...
- At least eight dead after Nigeria oil tanker explosion - DW (English) At least eight dead after Nigeria oil tanker explosion DW (English)
At least eight people were confirmed dead after an petrol tanker overturned and exploded in southern Nigeria, police said on Saturday. The death toll was feared ...
- Nigeria's Calabar Carnival defies financial woes - Aljazeera.com Nigeria's Calabar Carnival defies financial woes Aljazeera.com
Harsh economic realities in Nigeria have forced government to cut spending but Calabar Carnival defies those challenges.
- My vision for Nigeria’s tourism industry—Coker - Vanguard My vision for Nigeria’s tourism industry—Coker Vanguard
Eighteen months ago, the journey to review the 27-year-old law (Act cap N137 LFN 2004, (Repeal re-enactment) Bill 2017, that established the Nigerian ...
- What Nigerian military must do now - IBB - Daily Post Nigeria What Nigerian military must do now - IBB Daily Post Nigeria
General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, former Military President of Nigeria, has urged the Nigerian military to urgently come up with tactics to end the Boko.
- Nigeria's former defence chief killed amid growing insecurity - Al Jazeera English Nigeria's former defence chief killed amid growing insecurity Al Jazeera English
Air Marshall Alex Badeh shot dead near Abuja as authorities struggle with increase in violence in oil-rich Niger Delta.
- Africa Live this week: MTN settlement over Nigeria $8bn row - BBC News Africa Live this week: MTN settlement over Nigeria $8bn row BBC News
That's all from BBC Africa Live for this week. You can keep up-to-date with what's happening across the continent by listening to the Africa Today podcast or ...
- Rasheedat Ajibade: Nigeria's rising star moves to Norway - BBC Sport Rasheedat Ajibade: Nigeria's rising star moves to Norway BBC Sport
Women's Africa Cup of Nations winner Rasheedat Ajibade moves to Norwegian side Avaldsnes from Nigerian club Robo Queens.
- Oil Fell, Unemployment Soared and Now Nigeria Votes: QuickTake - Bloomberg Oil Fell, Unemployment Soared and Now Nigeria Votes: QuickTake Bloomberg
Almost every Nigerian vote since independence in 1960 has been dogged by varying degrees of conflict and allegations of rigging. That's one reason why the ...
- Again, Buhari blames Gaddafi for Nigeria's insecurity - Premium Times Again, Buhari blames Gaddafi for Nigeria's insecurity Premium Times
Stooges of former Libya leader, Muamar Gaddafi, constitute the terrorists perpetrating evil acts in Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari has said.
- The mistake of 15th January - Vanguard The mistake of 15th January Vanguard
APOLOGIES to Friedrich Nietzche, the actions of the select few of Nigerian military in the wee hours of January 15, 1966, was done for love and thus go beyond ...
- Nigeria's Inflation Rate Increases in Dec 2018 - NBS [Vanguard] The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), says the Consumer Price Index (CPI) which measured inflation increased to 11.44 per cent (year-on-year) in Dec. 2018 from 11.28 per cent recorded in Nov. 2018.
- Fringe Parties Square Up Against Buhari, Atiku [Leadership] As the February 16 presidential election draws closer, mushroom political parties are at daggers drawn with the two major political parties, President Muhammadu Buhari-led ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) and opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) with former vice president Atiku Abubakar as its presidential flag bearer.
- Elections Will Be Free, Fair, New Police Chief Adamu Pledges [Guardian] New Inspector General of Police (IGP) Mohammed Adamu yesterday allayed the fear of the opposition political parties that the police could be complicit in the rigging of the general elections.
- Two Nigerian NGOs Nominated for Global Awards [Premium Times] Two Nigerian non-governmental organizations, Media Rights Agenda (MRA) and the Institute for Media and Society (IMS) were on Tuesday named among 15 "Global champions of free expression" shortlisted for the 2019 Index on Censorship Freedom of Expression Awards.
- Minimum Wage - Nigerian Govt Keeps Mum After 'Special' Cabinet Meeting [Premium Times] The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed Tuesday declined to give details of what was discussed at an extraordinary meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC).
- #BBNaija Returns With Season 4, to Hold in Nigeria [Guardian] Africa's popular reality TV show, Big Brother Naija (BBNaija), is set to return for a fourth season with the producers of the show revealing that the Big Brother House will be located in Nigeria.
- Five Times Retiring Police Chief Was in the News for Wrong Reasons [Guardian] In compliance with the Nigeria Police Service Commission, Nigeria's Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris on Tuesday retired from active service after reaching the statutory retirement age of 60.
- Anti-Graft Agency Denies Raid On Judge Onnoghen's House [Premium Times] The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has described as "untrue and evil" reports that its personnel had invaded the Abuja residence of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen.
- Atiku Tops List of Most Searched Presidential Candidate [Guardian] The People's Democratic Party presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in the last seven days, topped the most searched presidential candidate list on Google trends.
- 2Baba Asks Kaduna Youth to Shun Violence [Daily Trust] Kaduna -A popular Nigerian musician, Innocent Idibia, known also as 2Baba, has called on youth to shun violence in the forthcoming general elections. Idibia, who spoke during the Vote Not Fight concert in Kaduna, called on the youth not to make themselves available for violence. He equally admonished them not to sell their votes to desperate politicians.
- 2019 Nigeria Election - What You Need to Know [Deutsche Welle] As Nigerians prepare to vote in presidential elections on February 16, DW looks at the players, the key issues and what role young people are playing in the political sphere.
- Rigging Will Fuel Violence, Religious Leaders Tell Electoral Board [This Day] Jos -Religious leaders in Plateau State have warned the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) not to rig the forthcoming elections in favour of any candidate to avoid violence in Nigeria.
- Pupils Lament Pains, Long Trek in Search of Knowledge [Guardian] Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today, Malcolm X, the popular American Muslim minister and human rights activist once said. And in local parlance, the old saying rings true, that education is the best policy.
- Govt Signs Air Agreement With India [Daily Trust] Lagos -The Federal Government has signed a Bilateral Air Services Agreement (BASA) with India, according to the Minister of State for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika.
- Boko Haram Kills 15 in New Borno Attack [Daily Trust] Maiduguri -Suspected Boko Haram insurgents were said to have killed 15 persons, including three soldiers in an attack on Kala-Balge Local Government Area of Borno State Monday night.
- Ebonyi Police Nab 'Serial Killer', Rescue Abducted Children [Premium Times] The police in Ebonyi State on Tuesday said it had arrested a couple who allegedly specialise in "killing women and selling babies."
- Nigeria Targets Sub-100 Ranking in Ease of Doing Business [Vanguard] The Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC) has announced a goal to move Nigeria into the top-100 on the 2020 World Bank Doing Business Index (DBI).
- Falz Drops Fourth Album, Samples Fela [Premium Times] 'Moral Instruction', the fourth album of Nigerian rapper Folarin Falana better known as Falz released on Tuesday has got Nigerians talking.
- Buhari, Osinbajo Get New 10-Year International Passport [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice Yemi Osinbajo has been presented with a new 10-year diplomatic passport by the Nigeria Immigration service.
- Boko Haram Attacks Refugee Camp, 4 Killed [CAJ News] Abuja -FOUR refugees have been killed after an attack thought to be carried out by the Boko Haram terror group at a refugee centre northeast of Nigeria.
- Lobi Stars Wary of Asec Mimosas Test in Abidjan [CAF] Ahead of their Day 2 tie against ASEC Mimosas of Cote d'Ivoire, the rank and file of Nigeria's flagbearers Lobi Stars admit a herculean task awaits them in Abidjan.
- Fire Razes Building, 'Property Worth Millions' in Enugu [Premium Times] A building and property worth over millions of naira were destroyed when a fire believed to have been caused by candlelight razed down a building housing tenants and shops.
- Gov Emmanuel Asks Nigerians to Reach Out to Families of Fallen Soldiers [Premium Times] The governor of Akwa Ibom State, Udom Emmanuel, has urged Nigerians to show compassion and love to the families of soldiers who lost their lives while fighting for the nation.
- Otedola Moves to Acquire Forte Oil Upstream, Power Firm [Premium Times] The majority shareholder of Forte Oil Plc, Femi Otedola, is planning to buy out the company's upstream services and power distribution firm to be ratified by the shareholders on February 7.
- Buhari Not Aware of Allegations Against CJN, Onnoghen Until Saturday - Osinbajo [Vanguard] Abuja -Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has absolved his principal, President Muhammadu Buhari of pre-arranging the trial of Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen before the Code of Conduct Tribunal for non declaration of assets.
- Nigerian Coy, MOB Integrated, Emerges Largest Supplier of LPG in West Africa [Vanguard] Petroleum marketing company in Lagos, MOB Integrated Services Limited, is now the largest supplier of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) in West Africa, delivering over 25,000 metric tonnes (MT) monthly across the sub-Sahara Africa, including Nigeria, Republic of Benin and Ghana.
- Armed Forces Remembrance Day - Doctors Call for Improved Welfare for Nigerian Soldiers [Premium Times] The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) has charged the federal government to intensify efforts in making provisional support for the country's armed forces, in terms of human and material resources needed for securing the country.
- EFCC Invites Fani-Kayode, Odumakin Over Fake News On CJN Onnoghen [Premium Times] The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said on Wednesday that two politicians who circulated a fake news on Tuesday would be questioned today.
- IOM Shocked By Attack On Rann, North-East Nigeria That Claimed Four [Daily Trust] The International Organization for Migration, IOM has expressed great dismay over Monday's attack on Rann town, Borno State, in northeast Nigeria.
- Senate Resumes, Adjourns Plenary Over Rep's Death [Premium Times] The Senate resumed on Wednesday, and held its plenary for a briefly period.
- Hottest fintech startups to look out for in 2019 There are a number of impressive African fintech startups emerging from the continent, and 2019 could be a very important year for their growth and success. From mobile money transfer apps to tech firms determined to help users save, these tech startups come from all over Africa. IT News Africa takes a look at some [&hellip...
- What we can expect from IT security in 2019 The last three years in IT innovation have laid the foundation for even greater changes within the technology sphere. While some of these changes will simply build on developments in IoT, AI, smart industries and smart homes as well as the cloud, others such...
- Could Samsung unveil a foldable phone at the Galaxy S10 launch Samsung has been teasing us with a foldable mobile for some time. In 2018, the company rolled out the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 9, fast forward a year later the company announced the debut of the Samsung S10 at the Samsung Developer Conference which is...
- WorldRemit launches in South Africa Hello #SouthAfrica! Customers based in 🇿🇦 can now send money to friends and family in 145+ countries worldwide — as easy as sending an instant message. Here’s Andrew Stewart, our MD for Middle East and Africa, sharing the news with @cnbcafrica...
- Appolonia City amplifys Ghana’s communication infrastructure Appolonia City has partnered with ATC Ghana, a subsidiary of American Tower Corporation, to deploy cell towers within Appolonia City’s development in Greater Accra. The first cell tower has already been installed, enhancing connections for current...
- WorldRemit set to boost Ethiopia’s remittance income Digital remittance transfer company, WorldRemit is set to boost Ethiopia’s income from remittance by partnering with Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE). The new strategic partnership significantly increases WorldRemit’s footprint in Ethiopia, enabling...
- Helios Towers partners Vulatel on South African infrastructure Helios Towers has entered into a partnership with Vulatel to work on expanding South Africa’s mobile and fixed-line infrastructure, saying that they aim to make “major greenfield wireless and fixed-line telecoms infrastructure investments”....
- Zimbabwe kills internet over protests Zimbabwe’s government is limiting access to the internet – and social media specifically – in an attempt to stifle violent protests that have broken out in response to skyrocketing fuel prices. Protests broke out across the country after...
- Rocket League cross-play is a thing now Sony has announced that it will finally let PS4 owners play Rocket League against gamers on Xbox, Switch, and PC. Having previously blocked Rocket League cross-play, except between PS4 and PC, developers said that they were simply waiting on Sony to give the...
- Explore the future of retail at Digital Retail Forum 2019 There is so much more in store for the African retail industry. According to research conducted by PWC, many sub-Saharan African countries have emerged among the world’s fastest-growing economies. This kind of development is due, in part, to a great deal of...
- Mining industry gets super wireless technology boost Epiroc, a productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries, has signed a cooperation agreement with Ericsson to jointly help mining companies achieve optimal wireless connectivity in their operations through LTE and 5G...
- Microsoft South Africa gets new MD as Zoaib Hoosen calls it quits Microsoft South Africa has appointed Lillian Barnard as its new Managing Director, effective March 1, 2019. Barnard, the current Director for Public Sector at Microsoft, will replace Zoaib Hoosen who has resigned after nearly five years at the helm. Since his...
- Musk’s SpaceX is downsizing Elon Musk’s SpaceX, a private American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company, is looking to lay off around 10 per cent of its workforce in an attempt at better managing costs. This news comes shortly after the company’s...
- Uganda’s border-crossing gets fast-tracked with Gemalto Gemalto together with local partner SCINTL, has been awarded the contract for the supply of a Border Management System (BMS) including airport self-service eKiosks at Entebbe creating a faster and more convenient border-crossing experience for travelers and...
- Nigerian government urged to review national broadband plan The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) and telecommunication operators have called on the government to review the National Broadband Plan, which expired in December 2018. The National Broadband Plan 2013-2018 had penetration targets for both fixed and...
- Apple set to release 3 new phones in 2019 Despite Apple’s plateauing sales, The Wall Street Journal reported that the company is still planning on releasing three new iPhone models this year. According to The Wall Street Journal, the company’s 2019 line-up will include the same rough...