- Epe farmers to Ambode: Save us from kidnappers now
- UniAbuja students protest death of 200 level female student
- Al-makura inaugurates 9 newly appointed commissioners, assign portfolios
- Arms deal: Metuh wants Dasuki to testify for him
- Southern Kaduna fresh attacks: Army commander, police commissioner relocates
- DPR arrests vessel with 1.5m litres of petrol
- Lagos introduces part payment plan for pilgrimages
- Alleged N40bn fraud: EFCC tenders document to prove charges against Nyako, son, others
- Oyo workers, pensioners threaten industrial action
- Collapsed building: Lagos State sues MD Lekki Gardens, others
- Inflation: Worry as Nigeria begins 2017 with higher misery index
- Nigeria may produce 1.7m tonnes of sugar by 2023 —Sugar Council boss
- BOI leverages MFBs to tackle poverty
- MVBB, Firstbank’s reward for doggedness in building a global brand —Folake Ani-Mumuney
- Nigeria: Exploring tax options to survive recession
- Nigeria, Africa free trade agreements and development
- ABCON’s uniform exchange rate: An agenda for Naira stability
- 2016 LITF Essay Competition and the search for future entrepreneurs
- Nigeria: Shape of banking, economy in 2016, early 2017
- How Glo thrilled customers at Lagos fair
- Blessing Egbe to showcase lives of ‘Malicious Women’ in latest film
- 9 years after first production, Ronke Odusanya releases new flick ‘Gangan’
- BBN: Gifty, Marvis, TTT make nomination list
- Chidinma raises Nigerian’s hopes with new single
- Celebrities mourn Eric Arubayi
- Copyright saga: Timi Dakolo releases proof of payment to Majek Fashek
- Aramide announces ‘Aramide Suitcase Live’ in 3 cities
- Ojukokoro: Somkele Idalama, Zainab Balogun, others star in new crime thriller
- Niyola gives fan lap dance at Eargasm concert
- Minjin drops new single ‘Baby Kojo ‘ft Timaya
- 7.28 per cent of Lagosians likely to commit suicide —Survey
- NIMR dg calls for implementation of antiretroviral therapy study
- ‘Don’t undersell yourselves’ health minister tells teaching hospital staff
- UCH patients on emergency now get results within 20 minutes —CMD
- Be aware of family history to prevent cancer― BRECAN
- Men with breast cancer on the increase —Expert
- Our citizens health is a priority —Ajimobi
- UI demands best practice from inductee physiotherapists
- Fg inaugurates committees to improve healthcare for mothers, newborn
- Cancer, potential weapon of mass destruction in Nigeria — Don
- You Won't Have Much to Inherit From Me, Buhari Tells Family [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has advised his children to acquire enough education and then work hard to be self-reliant, saying he would leave behind very little for them to inherit.
- 31 Days Later, Nigeria Still Waits for Buhari [This Day] Abuja -Thirty-one days after President Muhammadu Buhari left the country, supposedly on a vacation for ten working days, an air of mystery continues to prevail over the status of the president's health and when he would return to the country, despite the numerous adjectives ranging from "hale and hearty" to "witty", provided by the presidency, Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, and the leadership of the National Assembly to describe the president who remains holed up at the Abuja House, London, for unclear re
- State Now Second Largest Producer of Rice - Presidency [Daily Trust] The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, says Nigeria has achieved the status of second largest producer of rice in the world.
- Army Denies Killing Biafran Protesters [Premium Times] The Nigeria Army said on Sunday that it will no longer condone any form of false allegation of brutality by its personnel from Biafran agitators otherwise known as Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
- Mixed Fortunes for Nigerian Clubs in African Competitions [Premium Times] It was a tale of mix fortunes for Nigerian teams in CAF club competitions on Sunday as two of the country's flag bearers secured passage into the next round while two others were sent packing.
- Nigeria Demands AU Action Over Renewed South Africa Xenophobia [Premium Times] The Nigerian government has called on the African Union and the South African government to take decisive and definitive measures to protect Nigerian citizens and other Africans within South African borders.
- Despite Court Victory, Goodie Ibru Bows Out of Ikeja Hotels [Premium Times] Barely two months after securing victory in court as the authentic chairman of Ikeja Hotels plc, Goodie Ibru has resigned from that office.
- 12 Arrested for Allegedly Running 'Baby Factory' [Premium Times] The special task force on Jos crisis has arrested 12 suspects for allegedly running a baby trafficking ring in Jos, Plateau State.
- Nigeria to Evacuate 230 Nationals From Libya, EU [Premium Times] The Nigerian government has concluded arrangements to bring back home a fresh set of 180 Nigerians migrants trapped in Libya and 50 deportees from the European Union this week.
- 21 Persons Killed in Fresh Attacks On 3 Southern Kaduna Communities [Leadership] The Chairman of Kaura local government area of Kaduna State, Mr. Alex Iya has confirmed the killing of 14 persons following a simultaneous attacks two communities of Mifi and Ashim by unknown gunmen suspected to be Herdsmen in the early hour of today (Monday) morning.
- How Tonto Dikeh Wants to Ruin Husband's Career With Social Media Stunts [Leadership] In truth, the marriage crisis of controversial actress Tonto Dikeh is getting messy with the latest moves by a source close to her to ensure her husband Olakunle Churchill is portrayed in a bad light. According to a reliable source, the actress who started the marriage crashing scandal with the removal of the husband's name from her instagram, was reported to have allegedly fuelled the PA and husband romance to attract public sympathy.
- JAMB Receives 11. 7 Million Applications in Six Years - NBS [Premium Times] The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has said the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) data reflect that 11,703,709 applications were received between 2010 and 2016.
- Group to Engage Students As Ambassadors On Digital Campaign for Obaseki [Leadership] A socio-political group, the Coalition for Good Governance and Economic Justice in Africa (CGGEJA) has unveiled plans to engage students of tertiary institutions in Edo State on becoming digital ambassadors for Governor Godwin Obaseki.
- Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians - Dabiri-Erewa Calls On African Union's Intervene [Vanguard] Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora has called on the South African government to take decisive and definitive measures to protect Nigerian citizens and other Africans within South African borders.
- Police Stops Makarfi's PDP Faction Meeting [Vanguard] Abuja -A detachment of policemen this afternoon barricaded the entrance to the international conference centre, venue of the meeting scheduled by the Ahmed Makarfi led National Caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party for an enlarged meeting of it's members to deliberate on the outcome of the Portharcourt Appeal court which upheld the leadership of Ali Modu Sheriff as the chairman of the party.
- PWC Raises the Alarm Over Imminent Disruption in Financial Sector [This Day] A survey report released recently by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), has raised a deep concern over possible disruption of Nigeria's financial service sector by financial technology (FinTech) players.
- New Ondo Monarch Gets Staff of Office [This Day] Akure -Amid jubilation and praises of the new monarch, the Olowa of Igbara-Oke in Ifedore Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Francis Adefarakanmi Agbede, Ogidi III, was at the weekend presented with the staff of office by the Ondo State Government.
- South-East APC Vows to Win Anambra Guber Poll [This Day] Enugu -The leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in South-east zone at the weekend reaffirmed its readiness to win the forthcoming governorship election in Anambra State, even as it basked in the euphoria of registering over one million members in its ongoing re-registration in the zone.
- Osinbajo Rejects New Official Residence for Vice President [This Day] Abuja -The Office of the Vice President yesterday said that the federal government would decide what to do with the new official residence built for the vice president by the administration of Goodluck Jonathan.
- Govt Retirees Face N63 Billion Shortfall in Budgetted Benefits [Vanguard] The National Pension Commission (PenCom) has requested for N113.0 billion for Federal Government retirees in 2017. This figure indicates a huge shortfall of N62.8 billion, or 55.6 per cent gap, in allocation provided by the Federal Government in the 2017 budget estimates.
- We've No Part in Celebration of Ibori's Return - Delta APC [Vanguard] All Progressives Congress, APC, in Delta State has said that members of the party were not part of the celebration of the return of Chief James Ibori, a former governor of the state, who recently returned to the country after serving a prison sentence in the United Kingdom, UK, over money laundering charges.
- Why Nigerians Withdrew N4.7 Trillion Through ATMs - Heritage Bank [Vanguard] Heritage Bank's Divisional Head, E- Business and Collections, eBank, Olusola Longe-Okenimkpe highlights factors behind the huge volume of cash withdrawals through ATMs despite the cashless policy, stressing that the recent introduction of eproducts like mCash and mPOS will curb this phenomenon.
- We'll Tell Buhari to Speak With Nigerians - Presidency [Vanguard] The Presidency has promised to get President Muhammadu Buhari, who is on indefinite vacation in London, to speak to Nigerians to douse welling controversies and disquiet in the country over his health status and well-being.
- Sokoto Releases N2.2 Billion for Local Govt Workers' Gratuities [Premium Times] Gov. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State has released N 1.2 billion for payment of accumulated gratuities from 2010 to retired staff of local government councils in Sokoto State.
- Lawyer Withdraws Suit Against Magu's Confirmation [Premium Times] The court case filed against the confirmation of Ibrahim Magu as the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, by lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, has been withdrawn from the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court.
- Court Orders Arrest of Osun Monarch [Premium Times] An Osogbo Chief Magistrates' Court in Osun on Monday issued a bench warrant against a traditional ruler and his secretary for alleged contempt.
- Niger Delta Peace - Buhari Orders Return of Egbesu Sword [Vanguard] As the federal government intensifies effort to appease the restive Niger Delta region to stabilize oil production, President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the immediate return of the golden sword seized by the Nigerian Army last year to the Gbaramatu Kingdom.
- Buhari, Saraki Meet Again in London [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari again met with Senate President, Bukola Saraki in London on Sunday evening, the presidency's official Twitter account said.
- UniAbuja Students Block Airport Road Over Death of Colleague [Vanguard] Students of the University of Abuja on Monday blocked the Airport road in protest of a colleague who was knocked down and killed by a car.
- Motorists Groan As Contractors Abandon Third Mainland Bridge [Vanguard] The Federal Road Maintenance Agency, FERMA, has come under heavy criticism from Lagos residents over the abandonment of the repair works in the Third Mainland Bridge and other adjoining roads.
- Were you with Buhari in London? Nigerian president, Muhammadu Buhari, is yet to return to his country from a reported holiday in the UK. Over the past week the Senate president, Bukola Saraki and the speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, visited the president in the UK. To reassure the Nigerian public of their president’s wellbeing, photos of this meeting were...
- Google and Microsoft to shoot down Piracy Tech giants, Google and Microsoft have agreed to clamp down on piracy in the UK. This agreement comes after much deliberation with the UK Government, record labels and film studios according to reports by The Telegraph. With Google and Microsoft both...
- WorldRemit expands into Tanzania WorldRemit, a digital money transfer service has expanded into Tanzania in a bid to support the growing demand for instant remittances to the country from over 4 million expatriates living abroad. WorldRemit customers can send money to Tanzania via Mobile...
- Electrum to simplify Value Added Services In a bid to boost revenue by hundreds of millions of Rands, retailers are increasingly selling virtual products and services known as Value Added Services (VAS). However, it is not as simple as selling normal stock as VAS which includes products such as;...
- Software AG announced Gold sponsor of IOTFA Leader in innovation and digital technology, Software AG has been announced Gold sponsor of Internet of Things Forum Africa 2017 (#IOTFA) to be held at Gallagher Convention Centre on 29 and 30 March. Anticipated to be one of Africa’s leading...
- Top-draw speakers confirmed for Innovation Dinner with Oracle Business leaders will converge on the Michelangelo Hotel in Sandton, on the 22nd of February 2017, for the latest edition of the Innovation Dinner series hosted by IT News Africa. This dinner will bring together thought leaders and decision makers to...
- Team Group launches new T-Force Dark memory Team Group, a global memory brand, today officially announces the launch of the popular ASUS ROG certified memory product, the T-FORCE DARK memory. Team Group’s T-FORCE DARK memory is rigorously tested and certified by ASUS officials to obtain the ROG...
- Interview: Producer of best-selling British computer talks to IT News Africa IT News Africa sat down with Brian Andrew, the General Manager of RS Components South Africa, to discuss the launch of the all new Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Module. RS Components is the trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for...
- 5G optimisation technologies- an emerging priority for service providers Service providers need to pull out all the stops to ensure the game-changing impact of 5G is optimised. According to the latest Ericsson Mobility Report, there will be 550 million 5G connections by 2022. There will also be 29 billion connected devices in use...
- .Africa domain will finally be available after legal victory After years of legal battles, the domain name .Africa will be available to the general public to apply for domain names from 4 July according to reports by News24. Worldwide web administrator, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN),...
- Mobile weather platform unveiled for emerging markets IBM and The Weather Company, have introduced new Mesh Network Alerts technology developed by IBM researchers. The app provides a mobile method of communicating with populations in developing countries to notify users of potential severe weather events or...
- From Europe to Nigeria, easy cross-border remitances TerraPay, a mobile international payment network, has announced that it has partnered with MoneyTrans, a leading Money Transfer company established in Europe and Africa as well as Paga, Nigeria’s pioneering payments and financial services company, to launch...
- Kenya: Safaricom makes M-Pesa more transparent Traditional and mobile banking institutions have been urged to be transparent in their dealings by the business regulator, Communications Authority of Kenya (CA). This, according to Kachwanya.com, has resulted in Safaricom Limited updating mobile money...
- 6 things you didn’t know you could do with Google Google is the world’s largest search engine with over 3.5 billion searches per day. There is however features which many of Google’s users are still failing to take advantage of. Jumia Travel reveals the 6 things you didn’t know you could use Google to...
- Could the Nokia 3310 make a come back? Reports have surfaced that Nokia is set to relaunch of the Nokia 3310. The reports are yet to be confirmed as the company has not released an official statement. Renowned for it “die hard” capabilities the Nokia 3310 had what we now know as basic...
- Twitter reacts to SA banks collusion On Wednesday afternoon, South Africa’s Competition Commission announced that they would be referring a case involving 17 banks to the Competition Tribunal; this after said banks were accused of carrying out acts aimed at manipulating the value of the...