- Australian, New Zealand workers kidnapped in Nigeria released, Macmahon Holdings says - ABC Online
- Nigeria's Army Says It Rescued 5000 People Held by Boko Haram - Bloomberg
- Letter from Africa: Nigeria's war of the religious robes - BBC News
- Brexit shakes Nigeria's markets - Vanguard
Brexit shakes Nigeria's marketsVanguardThe UK's decision to end its relationship with the European Union is not so much an earthquake, just for Britain, but a tsunami for the whole world. The development in UK has some, if not fundamental, impact on Nigeria, according to some analysts.and more »
- Niger Delta Avengers urge Nigeria's Buhari to visit southern oil hub - Reuters UK
- Cookies on the BBC website - BBC Sport
Cookies on the BBC websiteBBC SportNigeria women's captain, Evelyn Nwabuoku, says she is excited about joining French club En Avant de Guingamp, after signing on a two year deal. The 30-year-old midfielder embarks on a move to the two-time Coupe de France winners having also played ...and more »
- How Nigeria can qualify for World Cup- Rangers Coach - Vanguard
- Michael Gbinije, a Piston Recruit, May Play for Nigeria at the Olympics - New York Times
- Nigeria's anti-graft body to go after money laundering bank chiefs - Africanews
- Half of Nigeria's crude will be refined locally, exported by 2021 – Dangote - Premium Times
- Doctors Suspend Strike [Premium Times] The National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) has suspended its nationwide indefinite strike which commenced on June 20.
- Nigerian Athletics Faces Bleak Future [Vanguard] Nigerian athletics enthusiasts can only hope for a miracle to happen for the country to produce podium performances at the 2016 Rio Olympics starting in August.
- World Marks Day Against Drug Abuse [Guardian] Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah, chairman, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has called for concerted efforts against drug abuse and illicit trafficking.
- Again, Red Scorpions Blow Shell Pipeline in Imo [Guardian] For the second time in a week, a new militant group in Imo State, the Red Scorpions, yesterday, may have bombed an oil pipeline belonging to Shell Petroleum Development Oil Company, in Awara, Ohaji/Egbema Local Council of Imo State.
- Thirty Passengers Killed in Bus Fire [Vanguard] At least 30 people were killed when a large bus burst into flames after crashing into the side of a road in central China on Sunday, state media said.
- Extra Judicial Killings - Human Lives Are Precious, IGP Idris Warns Officers [Vanguard] Acting Inspector General of Police IGP, Ibrahim Idris in his first official outing since his appointment, has warned all rank and file of officers of the Force against extra judicial killings saying human lives are very precious.
- Our Generations Will Resist Grazing Reserves in Southern Kaduna - Union [Vanguard] The Southern Kaduna Peoples Union, SOKAPU, the umbrella body of the estimated 5 million natives of the southern part of Kaduna state, yesterday, warned that its current generation and the next will resist the creation of Cattle Grazing Reserves, CGRs on its land.
- Troops Rescue 5,000 Boko Haram Captives, Kill 10 Terrorists [Vanguard] Several months after the federal government declared it has defeated Boko Haram, Nigerian military at the weekend rescued over 5, 000 hostages held captive by the terrorists' group while ten terrorists were killed in several clearance operation in the North East.
- Why I Am Sponsoring Amendment to Procurement Act - Sen. Egwu [Vanguard] FORMER Governor of Ebonyi State and Senator representing Ebonyi North Senatorial District, Sen. Sam Egwu, yesterday, explained that he was sponsoring a bill to amend the existing Procurement Act to encourage local manufacturers to invest more in local production.
- Nigerian Army Announces Rescue of 5000 Boko Haram Hostages [Premium Times] About 5,000 people were rescued from the Boko Haram by soldiers and members of the vigilante, Civilian JTF, the Nigerian Army has said.
- Osinbajo - Dangote Subsea Gas Pipeline'll Help Nigeria Tackle Electricity Problem [This Day] R-L: Chairman, Forte Oil Plc., Mr. Femi Otedola; Lagos State Governor, akinwunmi ambode; Vice President yemi Osinbajo; President, dangote Group, alhaji aliko dangote; and Group Executive director, dangote Projects, Mr. devarcoma Edwin, during the Vice President's inspection visit to the dangote Refinery at Lekki Free Trade Zone,
- EFCC Fails to Win 7-Year Case in Taraba [Guardian] For its inability to prove a case of criminal breach of trust against the former chairman of Gassol Local Government Council of Taraba state, Alhaji Illiyasu Goje, beyond reasonable doubt, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFFC) has suffered a major setback in court.
- Alleged Corruption - Why Fayose Should Not Enjoy Immunity - Serap [Vanguard] Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has stated that "the freezing of Governor Ayodele Fayose's account by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) is lawful under section 308 of the 1999 constitution and international law particularly the UN Convention against Corruption to which Nigeria is a state party."
- Lagos/Ogun Massacre - How Militants Took Over Our Communities - Survivors [Vanguard] Two days after the latest attack on some communities in Lagos and Ogun states by suspected Niger Delta militants, which led to the death of about 50 people, survivors have narrated their ordeal.
- Four Arrested for Allegedly Re-Bagging Expired Flour [Guardian] The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on Sunday arrested four persons for allegedly re-bagging about 800 bags of expired flour in Borno.
- Lagos Spa Has No Happy Ending or Something Like That [Guardian] One pre-Buhari day a few years ago, I decided to give myself a good treat after a back breaking session preparing for an art exhibition. What did a village man like me decide to do for relaxation instead of looking for a palm wine and fried pomo joint to relax and call my friends like Toni Kan, Jolly Papa, Ben Figo and Chinedu Bruno, friends who know the value of the aforementioned jollyment? I opted to go to a spa.
- Police Will Soon Recover Mobile Police Training School At Gwoza - IGP [Vanguard] The Acting Inspector-General of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris on Saturday reiterated the readiness of the Nigeria Police Force to recover the Mobile Police Training School at Gwoza, Borno. Idris disclosed this at the Passing-Out of the Squadron Commanders Seminar/Combat Operation Course 02/2016 at Ila-Orogun in Osun.
- Prisons Service Confirms Jailbreak in Kuje [Vanguard] The Nigeria Prisons Service (NPS), has confirmed that there was jailbreak at Kuje Medium Prison on Friday night. The Public Relations Officer of the Service, Francis Enobore, told the newsmen on Saturday that there was an "incident" at the prison on Friday night. He however added that it had nothing to do with Charles Okah. "We are yet to find out if any inmate escaped or not.
- Half of Nigeria's Crude Will Be Refined Locally, Exported By 2021 - Dangote [Premium Times] The Chairman of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has said his Gas Pipeline Project would increase the Gross Domestic Product as well as provide uninterrupted power supply in Lagos.
- Group Sues NYSC Over 'Illegal' Scratch Card Mobilisation Fee [Premium Times] The Citizens Advocacy Initiative For Accountable Leadership, CAIFAL, on Thursday, filed a suit at a Federal High Court Lagos, against the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, over alleged mobilisation fraud.
- NAF to Acquire 10 Training Aircraft to Boost Capacity [Vanguard] The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), has concluded arrangement to acquire 10 super mesh training aircraft from Pakistan Air Force to boost the country's security. The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar, made the disclosure on Saturday at the graduation of Student Pilot Course (SPC) 41B in Kaduna. He said that the aircraft would be inducted into the 301 Flying Training School, Kaduna.
- Supporters Club Plead Support for Super Eagles' World Cup Qualification [Vanguard] The Nigeria Football Supporters Club (NFSC) has urged fans to offer necessary support to the Super Eagles to excel in their group matches of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.
- How Smugglers Attack, Kill Nigeria Customs Officials - Comptroller [Premium Times] The Comptroller of Customs in Ogun, Waindu Multafu, has described details of how customs officials are attacked and in some cases killed by smugglers.
- Three Wounded in Abakaliki Over Ronaldo, Messi Superiority Argument [Vanguard] by
- APC Accuses Ex-Scribe of Accepting Money to Join PDP [Premium Times] The All Progressives Congress, APC, in Taraba State, has accused its former scribe, Tony Suleiman, of accepting money to join the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state.
- Why We Re-Opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - Amcon [Premium Times] A day after they were sealed by Nigerian officials for loan default, some subsidiaries of Silverbird Group reopened for business on Friday afternoon, with apologies to their "viewers, listeners and online subscribers."
- Olubadan Makes Yoruba Speaking Compulsory in Palace [Vanguard] The Olubadan of Ibadanland, His Imperial Majesty, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, Aje Ogungunniso 1 has made speaking of Yoruba compulsory in his palace.
- Eight Feared Dead As Neighbouring Communities Clash in Cross River, Ebonyi [Premium Times] No fewer than eight persons are feared to have been killed in renewed clashes between communities in Cross River and Ebonyi States.
- Dozens Feared Dead As Vandals Storm Lagos [This Day] The killings by suspected pipeline vandals in Ogun and Lagos states turned to a blood bath yesterday following the alleged killing of over 60 residents in Igbo Olomu, Ogijo and other border communities in Ikorodu Lagos State and Ogun State.
- Afrijet Loses Assets Worth U.S.$35.8 Billion Over Unpaid Debt [Vanguard] The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), on Friday, took over the assets of Afrijet Airlines Ltd. owned by Chief Vitalis Ibe, over an unpaid debt of almost N10 billion.
- Kalu Ikeagwu’s Wedding Photos… See Nollywood Actor Ikeagwu Dancing With Wife In Enugu
- Nollywood Actress Kate Henshaw Glows At Birthday Party In Ikeja Lagos [PHOTOS]
- Fred Amata Robbed & Attacked By Armed Robbers Turned Kidnappers In Lagos, Actor Loses Lexus
- Nollywood Actor Soji Taiwo Omobanke Marks Birthday In Atlanta Today
- Kalu Ikeagwu Getting Married To Hardworking Single Mother, Ijeoma Eze In Enugu Today
- Photos: Angela Okorie’s Secret Boyfriend Exposed, Actress Allegedly Cheating On Husband
- Photos: Mercy Johnson,Queen Nwokoye, Kanayo O Kanayo Shooting Professor Johnbull Movie In Enugu
- Photo: Lady Evangelist Patience Ozokwor Mama Gee Ministers At Anglican Church In Alaba Lagos
- Mercy Johnson’s Husband Takes 1st Step Into Politics, Registers Uromi Youths For Election
- Iyabo Ojo : I Divorced My Ex Husband Because I Wasn’t Happy In My Marriage
- Stephanie Okereke, Dayo Amusa, Adunni Ade,RMD Spotted At Eko Hotel & Suites In VI Lagos
- More Photos Of Nollywood Stars At Blessing Egbe’s Movie Premiere
- Nigerian Actor Seun Akindele To Marry American Fiancee..See Official Pre-Wedding Photos
- Ijaw Gang Members Kill 30 In Ikorodu Lagos After Police Shot 2 Niger Deltan Militants Dead
- 11 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Ikeja Lagos MMIA Airport
- Photo: Benue College Lecturer Murdered By Wife’s Brothers For Cheating, Corpse Dumped In River
- Depressed Landlord Hangs Self On Tree Behind House In Bauchi
- Photos: 14 Killed As Al-Shabaab Terrorists Attack Guests At Hotel In Mogadishu Somalia
- Fred Amata Robbed & Attacked By Armed Robbers Turned Kidnappers In Lagos, Actor Loses Lexus
- NPF Confirms Jailbreak At Kuje Abuja Prison, Says Charles Okah Didn’t Escape
- Former Kebbi Governor Saidu Dakingari Arrested By EFCC For Diverting N550M State Money To PDP
- Police Corporal, Pastor Arrested For Armed Robbery In Rivers State
- Photo: NOUN Student Caught With Charms & Local Gun Arrested In Abeokuta Ogun State
- Photos: Niger Delta, Ijaw Militants Return To Ikorodu Lagos, Kill 50 Landlords
- Lowo Oyediran’s Murder: Yewande Fatoki’s Trial Adjourned Over Missing Documents
- Dad From Hell: Insane Father Who Puts Dead Baby Inside Fridge Charged
- Brexit: Britain leaves European Union Twitter reacts According to a report via aljazeera.com, Britain has voted to leave the European Union. The official results were announced on 24 June 2016 with the leave campaign receiving 52 percent in the historic referendum. According to the report, during the vote, the UK’s currency, Sterling, was in freefall. It dropped to its lowest level since 1985,...
- Top tips to keep your financial data safe on the internet With the rise of e-commerce in Africa, it is almost unavoidable to buy products online or give your personal information to websites. While this development has made buying and selling so much easier, it has also increased the risk of identity theft and...
- Vodacom & Gauteng Department of Education to address education challenges Vodacom and the Gauteng Department of Education have renewed their commitment to a seven-year partnership which will see a revamped and feature rich mobile application (app) for Gauteng schools rolled out across the province this month to better assist school...
- Consolidate interaction recordings to mitigate risk and compliancy issues Companies that contract with customers telephonically, or via any paperless channel, need to do so in compliance with a slew of legislation designed to limit potential abuse. This is especially true of the financial sector where it has become standard...
- South Africa: Wits University launches free online courses Wits University has announced that it has developed a suite of online course offerings that will be made available over the next three years to enhance access to higher education. These include massive open online courses (MOOCs) on the edX platform, short...
- Top 8 tips for Selling to the CIO Let’s face it, selling to the modern-day CIO is not an easy task. These industry executives essentially live busy lives. They are busy 24/7, and are bombarded with technical sales calls day in and day out; however, there are ways and means to...
- Digitally wary South Africans being drawn into e-shopping E-commerce may be taking the world by storm, but South Africans remain wary of shopping online, with only three million making regular use of electronic shopping trollies to meet their daily requirements. But, with online purchases expected to near R10...
- Crypto-ransomware attacks to hit thousands of users in one year The number of users attacked with encryption ransomware is soaring, with 718,536 users hit between April 2015 and March 2016: an increase of 5.5 times compared to the same period in 2014-2015. The irreversible consequences of this kind of malware infection,...
- Top 5 factors that differentiate fintech in Africa Fintech in Africa, as elsewhere in the world, is big business. Investment is flooding into startups providing innovative ways of offering financial services. Startups in the fintech space took on almost 30 per cent of the total funding raised by African...
- COSON slams MTN Nigeria with N16 billion copyright lawsuit According to a report via IT Pulse, MTN is currently fighting a music right infringement suit, which was filed in Nigeria by the Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON). If lost, MTN may lose an additional 16 Billion Naira. This adds to the operator’s...
- Tigo Ghana set to drive data penetration Smartphone penetration in the world is projected to double by the year 2020 and is expected to reach a total of 6.1 billion. It is also estimated that almost 80 percent of these new subscriptions will come from Africa, Asia Pacific and Middle East. According...
- Orange acquires Airtel in Burkina Faso Orange has stated that, together with its subsidiary Orange Côte d’Ivoire, it has completed the acquisition of 100% of the mobile operator Airtel in Burkina Faso. Since the signature of an agreement with Bharti Airtel International (Netherlands) BV...
- Kenya: Telco Systems rolls out 10GE network for KENET Telco Systems has revealed that it has deployed a new 10GE high capacity carrier Ethernet network for the Kenya Education Network (KENET) in Kenya. KENET is a not-for-profit telecommunications operator in Kenya that supports the communication needs of the...
- Isaac Mophatlane named CEO of Telkom Business Connexion Telkom and Business Connexion (BCX) have revealed the official appointment of Isaac Mophatlane as the Chief Executive Officer of the newly integrated Telkom Business Connexion. Mr. Mophatlane will be responsible for both Business Connexion and Telkom...
- Improved healthcare delivery models across Africa transform industry The pharmaceutical industry, followed closely by healthcare information technology (IT), in Africa is predicted to experience substantial growth in 2016. A host of factors are anticipated to have a positive effect on the African healthcare industry. Increased...
- Dan Cote unpacks all the announcements from Citrix Synergy 2016 Dan Cote is the director of product marketing for Windows App Delivery at Citrix, where he leads the team, overseeing global product launches, messaging and positioning, content development and demand generation for the market-leading XenApp and XenDesktop...
- Judge disciplines lawyer, orders him to face wall in open court His voice conveyed the seriousness of the message. Silence ruled the entire court room. Pin-drop silence. Again, he roared like a wounded lion or like a village headmaster whose order must b...
- PDP crisis: Court strikes out Metuh’s name in suit filed by PDP Justice Hussein Baba- Yusuf, of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory sitting in Maitama yesterday, struck out the names of the immediate past publicity Secretary of the Peoples De...
- Nigerian ladies should enhance their natural beauty
- DHQ, Army deny plot to overthrow Buhari
- AGF to senate: Your allegations over Saraki’s planned arraignment baseless, untrue Attorney General of the Federation and Minister for Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, yesterday described as baseless and untrue, the position of the senate over moves to arraign Dr. Bukola Sar...
- Why I retained Arase as IGP — Buhari
- Power outage cripples activities at Federal Secretariat For ten days running, the Federal Secretariat, Abuja, which houses many ministries, departments and agencies of government has witnessed blackout with civil servants lamenting the attendant...
- Afe Babalola warns against illegal sacking of VCs Founder, Afe Babalola University (ABUAD), Ado- Ekiti, Ekiti State, Aare Afe Babalola, has told the federal and state governments that they have no constitutional powers to sack a vice-chance...
- Protesting workers paralyse activities at FUNAAB Workers’ unions at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, FUNAAB, Ogun State, have paralysed activities at the institution, following series of protest embarked upon by aggrieved w...
- Reps move against NCC over 2.6GHz spectrum auctioning House of Representatives Committee on Telecommunications was yesterday directed to investigate the proposed auctioning of 2.6GHz spectrum by the Nigeria Communications Commission, NCC. The i...