- Osun LG poll: Court strikes out case against Aregbesola, OSIEC
- KWASU lecturer commits suicide
- Anambra poll: Group warns against financial, material inducement
- Anambra election: NSCDC deploys 14, 000 personnel to beef up security
- Debts: NIPSS cries out to Buhari over litigation threat
- N1.5bn tax default: Suspected armed militants cause stir in Osun
- PHOTO NEWS: The weirdest haircuts ever
- Man builds his house with more than 30,000 corn-on-the-cobs
- CSOs condemns police invasion of INEC office over bomb scare
- We’ve paid over N73bn to contractors handling FCT projects ―Minister
- 2018 budget: Counting on luck to stimulate growth
- Economist compares purchasing power of Naira to Ghanaian Cedi’
- Emefiele: Mission to save Naira
- BDC’s: Entrenching transparency, forex stability through BVN validation
- Non-availability of data has made governance difficult in this part of the globe —Chams boss
- Housing policy should be pro low income earners —Onyemaechi
- Nigeria can get $5bn trade credit cove, more benefits as member of ATI —Otieno
- How Honeywell Flour moved from loss to profitability
- Positioning Nigeria for a prosperous future
- Why Nigeria’s financial market remains sweet, attractive to foreign, local investors —Chioke
- ‘This is Me’ lands Niniola new deal
- Ooni endorses Getup Charity Concert
- Charles Okafor plays late Benson Idahosa in ‘ Idahosa Trails’
- Acapella’s My Mic and I lures celebrities
- Miss Nigeria: We are ready to accept contestants who wear hijab —Organisers
- Bolanle Austen-Peters bags awards at HLAC
- Rare Edge Media celebrates 100th episode of TV series, Awon Aladun De premiere
- Queen Zaynab marches on
- Why we are training people in voice-over —Collins
- Lord Bishop set to dump barchelorhood
- NMA, AMLSN resolve to end inter-professional rivalry, strikes in health sector
- UCH will address brain drain, medical tourism challenges in Nigeria —CMD
- Experts set new guidelines for blood pressure
- Health sector, key driver of economic growth — Health Minister
- Stop putting gas cylinders inside kitchens, burns expert warns
- PCN seals off 209 medicine stores in Lagos
- Stop giving antibiotics to healthy animals, says WHO
- Mortality at UCH ’s emergency department less than 7 % —CMD
- How Nigeria can ensure healthy mothers, babies —Don
- Why sexual organ dummies are bad —Cleric
- Nurturing Young Entrepreneurs As the Next Generation of Hunger Fighters [allAfrica] Des Moines, Iowa -Considered the "Nobel Prize of agriculture," the World Food Prize is awarded each year for a specific and exceptionally significant contribution to the production or distribution of food. This year, the prize was awarded to Akinwumi Adesina, a former Nigerian agriculture minister - and currently the president of the African Development Bank - for his contributions to increasing productivity in that country's agricultural sector.
- IMF Warns Nigeria, Others Over High Debt Service [Daily Trust] The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned Nigeria and other sub-Saharan African countries of excessive debt services in the respective economies.
- Nigerian Sand Mining Company Boss Drowns in Entebbe Trench [Monitor] Residents of Nkumba, Bwaise in Katabi Town council were left in shock after one of their colleagues, Jessie Kiddi, a Nigerian national and manager of Porch mining company fell and drowned into a mining trench.
- Economist Urges Govt to Reduce Interest Rates to 12% [Leadership] An Economist, Dr Bongo Adi, has advised the Federal Government to reduce interest rates from 14 per cent to 12 per cent, to stimulate growth in the real sector.
- Anambra Election - 10 Major Things to Know [Premium Times] Saturday's governorship election in Anambra is expected to be a close contest between four leading candidates. However, there are 37 candidates in the election including five women. Here are 10 major things to know about the coming election as well as previous elections in Anambra.
- Police Detain Evicted Lagos Community Residents for Trying to See Governor [Premium Times] The Lagos State Police on Thursday broke up a sit-in protest by evicted residents of Otodogbame riverine community, dispersing the protesters who were demanding compensation.
- We Are Succeeding in Corruption War - Buhari [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari says the ongoing fight against corruption has started yielding fruitful results as Nigeria is now a respected nation in the world.
- Buhari, Osinbajo to Spend Over N2.5 Billion On Cars, Travels in 2018 [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari plans to spend N1.001 billion on travels in 2018, details of the proposed 2018 budget released by the Budget Office of the Federation show.
- Why I Cannot Produce Biafra Leader for Trial, Buratai Tells Court [Vanguard] The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, on Thursday, prayed the Federal High Court in Abuja to dismiss a suit seeking to compel him to produce the 'missing' leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.
- Deepening Ethical Compliance in Business [This Day] Early exposure of young minds to business ethics and compliance will help a great deal in engendering integrity in the market place, writes Peter Uzoho
- 'Dangote' Quarry Sealed for Alleged Tax Evasion [Premium Times] The Osun State Government on Thursday sealed off a quarry reportedly belonging to Dangote Group over alleged tax evasion.
- Looted Fund Recoveries Not Enough to Stop Foreign Borrowings - Govt [Vanguard] The Federal Government on Thursday explained its decision to resort to foreign borrowings, stating that contrary to expectations, the funding requirements of the country largely outweighs the amount of funds recovered from corrupt individuals so far.
- Labour Congress Condemns El-Rufai's Violation of Trade Union Rights [This Day] Abuja -The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) has condemned the plan of Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State to arrest labour leaders in the state as violation of trade union rights.
- SEC DG Tasks Market Operators to Adapt to Changing Business Environment [This Day] The Director General of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Mr. Mounir Gwarzo has urged capital market participants to constantly adapt to new the changing economic, regulatory and business environments for them to perform their expected roles in economic development of the nation.
- Lagos Begins Demolition of State Housing Estates [This Day] Barely a few days after the Lagos State Government denied a report by the Amnesty International (AI) accusing it of forceful eviction and demolition of homes in various areas of the state, the state Ministry of Environment has begun the demolition of shops, kiosks, containers and attachments to building in the state-owned Abesan Housing Estate in Lagos.
- Four Arraigned Over Ozubulu Church Killings [This Day] Awka -Four persons suspected to be involved in the massacre of worshippers at St Philips Catholic Church Ozubulu few months ago were on Thursday arraigned before an Anambra State Magistrate Court sitting at Ozubulu, Ekwusigo Local Government Area of the state.
- Govt Comes Up With Action Plan for Takeover of Distressed DISCOs [This Day] Abuja -The Power Sector Recovery Programme (PSRP) recently developed by the federal government and the World Bank to revive Nigeria's ailing power sector, has come up with an action plan for the sweeping restructuring of the 11 electricity distribution companies (Discos) that would enable government to take over any Disco found to be insolvent.
- Expert Identifies Merger As Viable Option for Nigeria Airlines [This Day] Former Secretary-General of Africa Airlines Association (AFRAA) and international aviation consultant, Nick Fadugba has attributed the stunted growth of the aviation industry in Nigeria to the small size of the country's airlines, unprofitable and very short lifespan.
- CSOs Unseal Peace Corps Office to Enforce Court Judgment [This Day] Abuja -Following the refusal of Inspector General of Police (IG), Ibrahim Idris, to unseal the headquarters of Peace Corps of Nigeria (PCN) as directed by Justice Kolawole of the Federal High Court, Abuja, the Coalition of Civil Society Organisations for Justice and Equity yesterday forced open the headquarters of the Corps.
- Govt to Sign MoU With Boeing, Airbus On National Carrier, MRO - Sirika [Daily Trust] The Minister of State for Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika says that the Federal Government is set to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Boeing on the establishment of a national carrier for Nigeria.
- Massive Youth Unemployment, Threat to Nigeria's Future, Moghalu Warns [This Day] A former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof. Kingsley Moghalu has warned that the "monster of millions of young men and women with no jobs is a fundamental threat to Nigeria's future."
- Teaching and the Education Sector [This Day] Education is too important to be politicised. There is need to clean up the system
- 221 Policemen Attached to Governor Obiano - Police [Leadership] Abuja -The Nigeria Police Force disclosed yesterday that 221 Police officers were attached to Anambra State governor, Willie Obiano, for his personal and office protection.
- Ethiopian Attracts More Travellers With Modern Aircraft Acquisition [This Day] Ethiopia Airlines has been adjudged as the foreign carrier with the newest fleet of aircraft that operate into Nigeria and other parts of Africa.
- Missing Journalist Found Dead in Anambra [Premium Times] A cameraman with the Anambra Broadcasting Service, Ikechukwu Onubogu, has been found dead four days after he was declared missing by members of his family.
- Jonathan, Fayose, Others Storm Onitsha, Rally Votes for Obaze [This Day] Awka -Former President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday said the only way for the Igbos to end marginalization was for them to vote out the All Progressives Congress, and the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) beginning with Saturday's governorship election in Anambra state.
- Bereavement Hallucinations and the Collateral Beauty in Kikaose's Passage [This Day] Magnus Onyibe
- Tinubu - Buhari's Govt Yet to Win Anti-Graft War [This Day] Abuja -The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Thursday in Abuja, said it would be a factual lie to claim that the war against corruption had been won by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Tenure of NDDC MD Ended Nov 1, Insists Niger Delta Group [This Day] Yenagoa -A coalition of groups in the Niger Delta on Thursday maintained that the tenure of Chief Nsima Ekere as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), had elapsed since November 1.
- Dakuku Tasks Legal Experts On Updates of Maritime Law [This Day] The Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr. Dakuku Peterside, has charged practitioners of law in the maritime sector on the need for regular updates on the knowledge of the sector, due to the dynamism of maritime law regulating the industry, which is key to its development.
- Beware of commercial identity theft The recent data breach where a wide range of sensitive information was revealed to be available on millions of South African consumers should be a wake-up call to businesses. This is according to Frank Knight, CEO of credit management company Debtsource, who says all South African businesses, regardless of size, must be more vigilant about [&hellip...
- discussing 2018’s top IT trends and opportunities Everything is connected, every surface area is primed for data-capturing IoT, and life is mostly conducted from our phones. Even reality itself is becoming trickier to pin down, whether augmented, virtual or actual. With 2018 nigh, we should expect more of...
- South Africa: Da Vinci TT100 Award winners revealed The Top Technology 100 Business Innovation Awards (TT100 Awards) that took place in Johannesburg, South Africa on Wednesday, 15 November 2017 saw South Africa’s most innovative companies recognised for being role models in the management of innovation and...
- Rapelang Rabana to join BCX as Chief Digital Officer BCX has revealed that it has appointed Rapelang Rabana as the Chief Digital Officer. Rapelang will fill, what the company calls, a pivotal role for the South African technology company as it seeks to further enable disruptive, innovative technology. Rapelang...
- Wala and Veridium to demonstrate new digital banking model in Africa Veridium, a biometrics company has announced a partnership with Wala, a South African-based, blockchain-powered financial services platform. Through the partnership, the companies will bring universal and financial services to emerging countries in Africa....
- Samsung Electronics announces new leadership successors Samsung Electronics announced its new leadership for the next phase of its growth. Presidents Kinam Kim, Hyunsuk (HS) Kim and Dongjin (DJ) Koh will succeed Vice Chairman Oh-Hyun Kwon, Presidents Boo-Keun Yoon and Jong-Kyun Shin, respectively, as heads of the...
- The cloud is about innovation, not just operational excellence For many business managers and owners, the cloud is no longer a new concept. A growing portion of them already depend on the cloud for services as diverse as customer relationship management, email, office productivity and accounting software, and understand...
- Study: Biometrics leading the way in banking Gemalto’s latest e-Banking survey results have highlighted the willingness – and appetite – of end-users to use biometrics. local banks have an opportunity to move past passwords and mere transaction security and add real value by introducing biometrics...
- Kaspersky launches online cybersecurity training On Thursday, 16th November 2017, Kaspersky Lab revealed that the company has launched Cybersecurity for IT Teams Online. The program is a new interactive training course designed to help IT teams develop their basic information security skills. The skills...
- Discussing the dark side of Black Friday Deeply indebted consumers should think long and hard before plunging themselves even deeper into debt by splurging on luxury goods on Black Friday. Neil Roets, CEO of Debt Rescue, said often deals offered by major retailers seemed so good that consumers threw...
- MTN introduces industry-first biometric system South African telecommunications company, MTN, has revealed that the company will introduce a new biometric system in an attempt to reduce consumer fraud and protect its customers. The fingerprint biometric solution will be used to authenticate the identity...
- Liability insurance is key for social media users in South Africa In South Africa alone, 16 million people use Facebook, 7.7 million are on Twitter and LinkedIn has 6.1 million users, according to the Ornico SA Social Media Landscape report for 2018. By simply using these platforms, all these millions of users unknowingly...
- Solar project brings relief to Malawi health facilities As part of its ongoing commitment to developing the healthcare infrastructure in Malawi, the country’s Ministry of Health, through the Global Fund Project Implementation Unit (PIU), has embarked on a $3,7-million project to install solar energy at 85 health...
- Call of Duty: WWII Review Developed by Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision, Call of Duty: WWII is the latest Call of Duty title to hit the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. This time around, the Call of Duty series has gone back to grassroots and ditched the futuristic theme...
- Top 5 cyber safety tips to apply this Black Friday South Africa’s shoppers are growing more comfortable with the idea of online shopping. But is our level of education about the associated risks keeping pace? Considering the rising trends of local data breaches and the number of consumers falling victim to...
- Social media reacts to Zimbabwe military takeover: Mugabe’s whereabouts unknown Zimbabwe’s army has taken control over the country. The military took over Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC) state broadcaster in the early hours of Wednesday, 15 November 2017. Army general, Maj Gen Sibusiso Moyo has denied it was a coup and said...