- Nigeria warned over Shiite Muslim crackdown - News24 Nigeria warned over Shiite Muslim crackdown News24
Nigeria is facing calls to prosecute soldiers for using excessive force against Shiite Muslim protesters, exactly three years after a military crackdown killed more ...
- Nigeria presidential candidate denies peace deal snub - News24
- Nigeria presidential candidate denies peace deal snub News24
- All sides vow peaceful Nigerian election, but concerns linger The National
- Nigeria polls: Atiku snubs election peace deal, Buhari signs africanews
- Nigerian Candidate Absent From Election Accord Ceremony VOA News
- APC whips Atiku over peace accord Vanguard
- View full coverage on Google News
- 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018 by Google Trends - Politics - Pulse Nigeria 10 biggest news stories in Nigeria in 2018 by Google Trends - Politics Pulse Nigeria
Political activities ahead of the 2019 general elections top the list of trending topics in Nigeria in 2018.
- How A Returning Expat Built Her Own Undersea Cable To Get Decent Internet Access In Nigeria - Forbes How A Returning Expat Built Her Own Undersea Cable To Get Decent Internet Access In Nigeria Forbes
After working as a telecoms executive in the US for 20 years, including as an executive director for Verizon, Funke Opeke returned to her native Nigeria to ...
- The ordinary people keeping the peace in Nigeria's deadly land feuds - Washington Post The ordinary people keeping the peace in Nigeria's deadly land feuds Washington Post
The country's police and security forces are underequipped and underpaid. So civilians are stepping in.
- Nigerian undergraduate arrested for allegedly stabbing boyfriend to death - Premium Times Nigerian undergraduate arrested for allegedly stabbing boyfriend to death Premium Times
The police in Oyo State on Wednesday paraded a 23-year-old final year female student of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, ...
- Nigerian Banking Regulator Warns Bitcoin’s Disintermediation Is a ‘Critical Concern’ - Cointelegraph Nigerian Banking Regulator Warns Bitcoin’s Disintermediation Is a ‘Critical Concern’ Cointelegraph
The Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation's director defined Bitcoin's disintermediation and fintechs as “critical concern to the corporation.”
- Nigerian polytechnic lecturers, ASUP, commence indefinite strike - Premium Times Nigerian polytechnic lecturers, ASUP, commence indefinite strike Premium Times
The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) on Wednesday began an indefinite strike over non-implementation of the 2009 and 2017 agreement reached ...
- Nigeria Continues To Depend Heavily On Oil Export Revenue - OilPrice.com Nigeria Continues To Depend Heavily On Oil Export Revenue OilPrice.com
Despite assurances that Nigeria is working to diversify its economy away from oil, the African OPEC member continues to depend heavily on oil exports, and ...
- Gunmen Kidnap Bus Passengers Near Nigeria's Oil Hub - VOA News Gunmen Kidnap Bus Passengers Near Nigeria's Oil Hub VOA News
Gunmen kidnapped passengers from a bus near Nigeria's southern oil hub of Port Harcourt, witnesses said Wednesday, in the latest of a series of kidnappings ...
- Akeem's Dream: Nigeria native becomes basketball standout at Catholic - WVLT.TV Akeem's Dream: Nigeria native becomes basketball standout at Catholic WVLT.TV
The story of a boy from Nigeria chasing his basketball dream, and the VFL who's making a difference in his life.
- In Nigeria, The Rippling Impact of One Text Message Can Save A Woman’s Life - Forbes In Nigeria, The Rippling Impact of One Text Message Can Save A Woman’s Life Forbes
When it comes to gender-based violence in Nigeria, mid-wives have become the first line of defense, fighting back one mobile text message at time. It's part of an ...
- Re: Nigeria's Total Earnings From Sale Of Crude Oil Was $383billion From May 2010 To May 2015 By Ettu Mohammed - SaharaReporters.com Re: Nigeria's Total Earnings From Sale Of Crude Oil Was $383billion From May 2010 To May 2015 By Ettu Mohammed SaharaReporters.com
Dear Professor Osinbajo, I think there is a mix-up in your lines here. You must have assumed revenue is the same as earnings. Nigeria never earned $383 ...
- Nigeria budget minister expects economy to grow by 3 pct in 2019 - Nasdaq Nigeria budget minister expects economy to grow by 3 pct in 2019 Nasdaq
ABUJA, Dec 12- Nigeria's economy is expected to grow by 2 percent this year and by 3 percent in 2019, the country's Minister of Budget Udoma Udo.
- Nigerian court adjourns MTN, central bank case until January - EWN Nigerian court adjourns MTN, central bank case until January EWN
The dispute is over the transfer of $8.1 billion of funds which Nigeria's central bank said the company had sent abroad in breach of foreign-exchange regulations ...
- Nigeria economy expected to grow 2 pct in 2018, 3 pct in 2019, budget minister says - Reuters Nigeria economy expected to grow 2 pct in 2018, 3 pct in 2019, budget minister says Reuters
ABUJA, Dec 12 (Reuters) - Nigeria's economy is expected to grow 2 percent this year and 3 percent in 2019, the Minister of Budget Udoma Udo Udoma told ...
- Nigerian govt moves to increase mass housing - Premium Times Nigerian govt moves to increase mass housing Premium Times
The federal government is targeting a budget of over N800 million to provide affordable mass housing for Nigerians.
- Emmanuel Onwubiko: Human rights milestones of Nigeria Army - Daily Post Nigeria Emmanuel Onwubiko: Human rights milestones of Nigeria Army Daily Post Nigeria
On December 10th 2018, I breezed into the expansive headquarters of the Nigerian National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Yakubu Gowon way in the ...
- How can Nigeria get the best out of in-form Ola Aina? - Goal.com How can Nigeria get the best out of in-form Ola Aina? Goal.com
Ola Aina is having the time of his life at Torino, but has struggled to convince with the Super Eagles.
- Nigeria environment minister resigns - Guardian Nigeria Nigeria environment minister resigns Guardian Nigeria
Nigeria's state for environment minister Ibrahim Usman Jibrin has resigned his position after emerging Emir of Nasarawa.
- Moody's ranks Nigeria low in institutional strength - Politics - Pulse Nigeria Moody's ranks Nigeria low in institutional strength - Politics Pulse Nigeria
Moody's ranks Nigeria near the bottom of a number of international surveys assessing institutional strength.
- Fani-Kayode reacts as Osinbajo claims Nigeria will soon 'feed the world' - Daily Post Nigeria Fani-Kayode reacts as Osinbajo claims Nigeria will soon 'feed the world' Daily Post Nigeria
A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, on Wednesday, reacted to statement credited to the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo that Nigeria will soon be.
- Advent calendar 2018: Lionel Messi's goal for Argentina against Nigeria, from every angle - BBC Sport Advent calendar 2018: Lionel Messi's goal for Argentina against Nigeria, from every angle BBC Sport
Watch Lionel Messi's fantastic strike in Argentina's 2-1 victory over Nigeria in the Group D game of the World Cup, from every angle.
- EXTRA TIME: Nigeria forward Obinna Nsofor granted Italian citizenship - Goal.com EXTRA TIME: Nigeria forward Obinna Nsofor granted Italian citizenship Goal.com
The 31-year-old who played for the Super Eagles on the international stage has become an Italian citizen.
- The men who get whipped to find a wife - BBC News The men who get whipped to find a wife BBC News
Sharo is a traditional cultural practice where young Fulani men in Nigeria compete to find a wife. The participants are flogged with wooden sticks and canes to ...
- Nigeria soon to be world's food basket - Osinbajo - Daily Post Nigeria Nigeria soon to be world's food basket - Osinbajo Daily Post Nigeria
Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo has claimed that Nigeria is now the food basket of the world. Speaking at the Nigerian-German Investment Dialogue in Berlin,
- 'They Used An Alarmingly Secretive System' — Nigerians Criticise NEDG, BON Over Candidates' Selection For Presidential Debate - SaharaReporters.com 'They Used An Alarmingly Secretive System' — Nigerians Criticise NEDG, BON Over Candidates' Selection For Presidential Debate SaharaReporters.com
Nigerians have taken to social media to express reservations over the selection of only five political parties in the vice-presidential and presidential debates ...
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Wednesday morning - Daily Post Nigeria Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Wednesday morning Daily Post Nigeria
Good morning! Here is today's summary from Nigerian Newspapers 1. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has urged his supporters to ensure peaceful ...
- Nigeria fintech Paylater gets credit rating ahead CBN regs - Quartz Nigeria fintech Paylater gets credit rating ahead CBN regs Quartz
Fintech companies in Africa are increasingly playing in spaces dominated by traditional financial institutions. In a continental first, One Finance, parent company ...
- Importance of highlands in Nigeria - Legit.ng Importance of highlands in Nigeria Legit.ng
What is the importance of highlands in Nigeria? How do highlands in the country stimulate the development of the local economy? How do people benefit from ...
- I like Nigerian food - Blac Chyna reveals - Legit.ng I like Nigerian food - Blac Chyna reveals Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ American reality TV star and video vixen, Blac Chyna, recently visited Nigeria for a whitening cream product launch. She revealed during her ...
- History of population census in Nigeria - Legit.ng History of population census in Nigeria Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ History of ☑ POPULATION CENSUS in Nigeria ☑ Without population census, it will be impossible to estimate the level of life in the country and ...
- Obasanjo Slams Nigeria, African Countries Over Delayed Ratification Of AFCFTA - SaharaReporters.com Obasanjo Slams Nigeria, African Countries Over Delayed Ratification Of AFCFTA SaharaReporters.com
Nigeria's former president and chairman of the Advisory Board of the first Inter- Africa Trade Fair, (IATF), Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday in Cairo, Egypt, ...
- Nigeria Gripped by Whether President Is a Clone. ‘It’s the Real Me, I Assure You.’ - The Wall Street Journal Nigeria Gripped by Whether President Is a Clone. ‘It’s the Real Me, I Assure You.’ The Wall Street Journal
Is Nigeria's president really Nigeria's president? At a news conference this month, Nigeria's septuagenarian head of state, Muhammadu Buhari, sought to refute ...
- Electoral Act: Buhari saved Nigeria from chaos – BMO - Vanguard Electoral Act: Buhari saved Nigeria from chaos – BMO Vanguard
Abuja – The Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) says President Muhammadu Buhari has saved the country a chaotic electoral process by withholding his assent ...
- 19-year-old man becomes the youngest Nigerian to fly American Air Force plane (photos) - Legit.ng 19-year-old man becomes the youngest Nigerian to fly American Air Force plane (photos) Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ The 19-year-old man identified as David Imoh Umoette reportedly became the youngest Nigerian to ever fly the American Squadron Flight 331.
- Boko Haram kills two soldiers in Nigeria attack - EWN Boko Haram kills two soldiers in Nigeria attack EWN
The twin gun and suicide attacks happened early Saturday evening at Gulumba village, in the Bama district of Borno state.
- Dylan Kerr tips Gor Mahia to knock out Lobi Stars of Nigeria in Caf Champions League - Goal.com Dylan Kerr tips Gor Mahia to knock out Lobi Stars of Nigeria in Caf Champions League Goal.com
The Kenyan champions will face Lobi Stars for the first time in history during the first leg clash slated for the Kasarani Stadium on Sunday.
- ‘Nigeria now feeding the world’ - Why Adeboye should remove Osinbajo as RCCG Pastor - Omokri - Daily Post Nigeria ‘Nigeria now feeding the world’ - Why Adeboye should remove Osinbajo as RCCG Pastor - Omokri Daily Post Nigeria
Reno Omokri, a former aide to ex-President Goofluck Jonathan has called on General Overseeer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor ...
- 10 most searched sports stars in Nigeria 2018 by Google Trends - Pulse Nigeria 10 most searched sports stars in Nigeria 2018 by Google Trends Pulse Nigeria
The list includes football-related searches more than any other sports as well as a few controversies during the course of the year.
- What Buhari told Switzerland about Nigeria's stolen funds - Daily Post Nigeria What Buhari told Switzerland about Nigeria's stolen funds Daily Post Nigeria
President Muhammadu Buhari says Nigerian government remains deeply grateful to the government and people of Switzerland for their support in resuscitating.
- Nigeria’s trade balance nosedives by 67% to N681bn in Q3’18 - Vanguard Nigeria’s trade balance nosedives by 67% to N681bn in Q3’18 Vanguard
By Babajide Komolafe & Elizabeth Adegbesan Nigeria's trade balance nosedived by 67.6 percent, quarter-on-quarter, to N681.3 billion in third quarter of the ...
- 2019 Women's World Cup: African champions Nigeria will face hosts France - BBC Sport 2019 Women's World Cup: African champions Nigeria will face hosts France BBC Sport
African champions Nigeria are drawn in Group A of the 2019 Women's World Cup where they will face the hosts France.
- Transfer Pricing In Nigeria: The Changing Landscape - Tax - Nigeria - Mondaq News Alerts Transfer Pricing In Nigeria: The Changing Landscape - Tax - Nigeria Mondaq News Alerts
Transfer Pricing (TP) is fast becoming a stay awake issue for Multinational Enterprises (MNEs) in Nigeria with the recent changes in the TP landscape and the ...
- Open defecation: Nigeria ranked second in the World — FG - Vanguard Open defecation: Nigeria ranked second in the World — FG Vanguard
THE Federal Government, yesterday, lamented that the country ranked second amongst all nations in the world still practising open defecation.
- Solar Mini-Grids Give Nigeria a Power Boost - New York Times Solar Mini-Grids Give Nigeria a Power Boost New York Times
Six pilot mini-grids are providing steady electricity to rural residents in Africa's most populous country, cutting emissions and offering more energy security.
- Nigeria: How Nigerian Women Will Vote the Presidency in 2019 - AllAfrica - Top Africa News Nigeria: How Nigerian Women Will Vote the Presidency in 2019 AllAfrica - Top Africa News
Wife of the President, Mrs. Aisha Buhari warmed herself into the hearts of most Nigerians by her uncommon understanding of the intricate webs that are defining ...
- Pringles and pasta bring profit in crisis-hit northern Nigeria - Financial Times Pringles and pasta bring profit in crisis-hit northern Nigeria Financial Times
Northeastern Nigeria is suffering one of the worst malnutrition crises in the world, sparked by the nearly decade-long Boko Haram insurgency. During a week in ...
- Nigeria election: Buhari battles body double rumours and economic woe - The Guardian Nigeria election: Buhari battles body double rumours and economic woe The Guardian
President seen as an agent of change in 2015, but an ineffective time in office has left him exposed to challenger.
- Acquisition Of Real Property, Tax Registration And Other Matters - Tax - Nigeria - Mondaq News Alerts Acquisition Of Real Property, Tax Registration And Other Matters - Tax - Nigeria Mondaq News Alerts
Foreign entities seeking to carry on business in Nigeria can legally hold interests in real property, subject to certain restrictions. Nigeria Tax Banwo & Ighodalo ...
- Why US govt is supporting Nigerian entrepreneurs - Official - Premium Times Why US govt is supporting Nigerian entrepreneurs - Official Premium Times
The United States Consulate Public Affairs Officer in Lagos, Russell Brooks, Wednesday said the U.S. government is interested in supporting entrepreneurs in ...
- Dogara calls for a paradigm shift in Nigeria’s leadership - Vanguard Dogara calls for a paradigm shift in Nigeria’s leadership Vanguard
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Yakubu Dogara, has highlighted the need for Nigeria to have a paradigm shift in leadership that will usher her ...
- How profitable is paint production in Nigeria? - Legit.ng How profitable is paint production in Nigeria? Legit.ng
When we speak about paint production in Nigeria, we mean a very lucrative business that has become a source of huge incomes for those who are not afraid of ...
- Nigeria's secret service arrest 'fake first lady' - BBC News Nigeria's secret service arrest 'fake first lady' BBC News
A woman who used various false identities to gain access to Nigeria's presidential complex to allegedly run business scams has been arrested. The secret ...
- President Buhari's visit has enhanced Nigeria-Morocco ties – Amb. Garba - Daily Trust President Buhari's visit has enhanced Nigeria-Morocco ties – Amb. Garba Daily Trust
President Muhammadu Buhari's visit to the Kingdom of Morcco in June has enhanced bilateral relations between the two African countries, says Nigeria's ...
- Google trends Nigeria 2018: 6 most searched people and events - Legit.ng Google trends Nigeria 2018: 6 most searched people and events Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Search engine, Google, recently released the most searched data by Nigerians for the year 2018. This gives a perspective on major events ...
- Nigeria's National Kidnapping Crisis Is Expanding - Council on Foreign Relations Nigeria's National Kidnapping Crisis Is Expanding Council on Foreign Relations
Nigerians are especially concerned about the upsurge in kidnapping, which affects an increasingly wide spectrum of the Nigerian population. In the past ...
- Nigerian logistics startup Kobo360 raises $6M, expands in Africa - TechCrunch Nigerian logistics startup Kobo360 raises $6M, expands in Africa TechCrunch
Nigerian trucking logistics startup Kobo360 has raised $6 million to upgrade its platform and expand operations to Ghana, Togo and Cote D'Ivoire. The company ...
- 2019: You’re an unstable character, Buhari tells Obasanjo - Vanguard 2019: You’re an unstable character, Buhari tells Obasanjo Vanguard
.says Ex-President's support to Atiku irrelevant. By Johnbosco Agbakwuru. ABUJA – PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari, Wednesday, described former President ...
- Nigeria’s Economy in Dire Straits, Ositelu Warns - THISDAY Newspapers Nigeria’s Economy in Dire Straits, Ositelu Warns THISDAY Newspapers
By Segun James The Presidential candidate of Accord Party, Isaac Babatunde Ositelu, has warned that the economy of Nigeria is in a dire straits, saying that it ...
- Nigeria: Misery for students as university lecturers strike - Al Jazeera English Nigeria: Misery for students as university lecturers strike Al Jazeera English
Students say they are facing a bleak future as labour deadlock between the government and professors continues.
- Cash pledge for Nigeria’s Women's Africa Cup of Nations winners - BBC Sport Cash pledge for Nigeria’s Women's Africa Cup of Nations winners BBC Sport
Two of Africa's wealthiest businessmen, Aliko Dangote and Abdulsamad Rabiu, have pledged a sum of US$207,000 to Nigeria's Women's football team for ...
- Nigeria beat SA on penalties to win 2018 Women's Africa Cup of Nations - BBC Sport Nigeria beat SA on penalties to win 2018 Women's Africa Cup of Nations BBC Sport
Nigeria are crowned the 2018 Women's Africa Cup of Nations champions, beating South Africa 4-3 on penalties in the final in Accra on Saturday.
- Nigeria's depleting fish stocks may pose a threat to regional security - The Conversation - UK Nigeria's depleting fish stocks may pose a threat to regional security The Conversation - UK
Sometime in the next year or two, Nigeria will become the seventh country to reach a population of 200m or more. It is still growing considerably faster than all ...
- FACT CHECK: Nigeria is world’s highest producer of HIV-infected babies - The Punch FACT CHECK: Nigeria is world’s highest producer of HIV-infected babies The Punch
A claim that Nigeria is the world's 'highest producer of HIV-infected babies' made by the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, has been confirmed as accurate.
- Jonathan mischaracterised Obama in new book - US govt - Premium Times Jonathan mischaracterised Obama in new book - US govt Premium Times
The public affairs officer at the United States Consulate in Lagos, Russell Brooks, has described as a mischaracterisation, former president Goodluck Jonathan's ...
- Dozie Ikedife, Igbo leader dies at 88 - Vanguard Dozie Ikedife, Igbo leader dies at 88 Vanguard
Former President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Dozie Ikedife is dead. He died on Tuesday at 7pm at the age of 88 in his Nnewi residence according to his ...
- Prince Charles Speaks Pidgin English And Nigerians Seem To Be Charmed : Goats and Soda - NPR Prince Charles Speaks Pidgin English And Nigerians Seem To Be Charmed : Goats and Soda NPR
This month, he visited Lagos and greeted the crowd with a few phrases in pidgin English. What was the local reaction?
- Meet the Nigerian who grows crops in the air - CNN Meet the Nigerian who grows crops in the air CNN
Modern farmer Samson Ogbole has mastered a process that he believes can sustainably boost food production in Nigeria.
- 2019: ASUU Chairman tasks politicians - Vanguard 2019: ASUU Chairman tasks politicians Vanguard
Dr Dele Ashiru, the Chairman Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), University of Lagos chapter, on Wednesday, urged politicians contesting the 2019 ...
- Nigeria electoral bill: Atiku knocks Buhari for refusing to sign - africanews Nigeria electoral bill: Atiku knocks Buhari for refusing to sign africanews
Main opposition candidate in Nigeria's February 2019 elections, Atiku Abubakar, has jabbed incumbent Muhammadu Buhari for refusing to sign an election law.
- 2019 election: INEC, transport unions sign MOU - Vanguard 2019 election: INEC, transport unions sign MOU Vanguard
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with road transport unions to use commercial ...
- Bring Back our Girls activist Oby Ezekwesili vows to disrupt 'Nigeria's politics of failure' - CNN Bring Back our Girls activist Oby Ezekwesili vows to disrupt 'Nigeria's politics of failure' CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) Bring Back our Girls activist and former Nigerian minister Oby Ezekwesili has thrown her hat into the election ring for Nigeria's upcoming ...
- Under fire: why Nigeria is struggling to defeat Boko Haram - Financial Times Under fire: why Nigeria is struggling to defeat Boko Haram Financial Times
A demoralised and underequipped army is being blamed for slow progress against militants in the northeast.
- Diezani Alison-Madueke: Nigeria issues arrest warrant - Quartz Diezani Alison-Madueke: Nigeria issues arrest warrant Quartz
Nigeria's plans to bring home its former oil minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, to face corruption charges is gathering pace. A court in Nigeria's capital on ...
- 'It Is the Real Me.' Nigeria's President Denies Rumor He Died And Was Replaced By a Body Double - TIME 'It Is the Real Me.' Nigeria's President Denies Rumor He Died And Was Replaced By a Body Double TIME
LAGOS, Nigeria — Nigeria's president has taken the extraordinary step of denying rumors that he died and was replaced by a body double, assuring the country ...
- Nigeria, Somalia: Africa's most terrorized countries in 2018 - Report - africanews Nigeria, Somalia: Africa's most terrorized countries in 2018 - Report africanews
Nigeria is Africa's most terrorized nation in 2018 according to a report released by the Australia-based Institute for Economic and Peace.
- Nigeria's economy grows by 1.81% in Q3 - NBS - Premium Times Nigeria's economy grows by 1.81% in Q3 - NBS Premium Times
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on Monday released the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) report for the third quarter with the economy recording ...
- Kenyans trend in Nigeria for “stealing” American rapper's sneakers – VIDEO - Nairobi News Kenyans trend in Nigeria for “stealing” American rapper's sneakers – VIDEO Nairobi News
Kenyans are trending in Nigeria after a video surfaced on Twitter showing American rapper Desiigner momentarily pausing his performance in Nairobi to ...
- 2019: NYCN endorse Anyaso - Vanguard 2019: NYCN endorse Anyaso Vanguard
in a bid to consolidate on the not-too-young-to-run bill, the South-east chapter of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, NYCN, has thrown its weight behind the ...
- 'Politicians have failed us': The despair of Nigeria's poor - Al Jazeera English 'Politicians have failed us': The despair of Nigeria's poor Al Jazeera English
Ahead of Nigeria's presidential elections next year, residents of informal settlements say they expect little to change.
- Why we honoured Obi —Pensioners - Vanguard Why we honoured Obi —Pensioners Vanguard
Nigerian Union of Pensioners, NUP, Anambra State chapter yesterday honoured the former Governor of Anambra State and the Vice Presidential candidate of ...
- 2019: 3 APC governors in closed-door meeting with Omisore - Legit.ng 2019: 3 APC governors in closed-door meeting with Omisore Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Three APC governors who are members of the APC reconciliation committee for the South-west, on Tuesday held a closed-door meeting with ...
- JUST IN: Nigerian Army decorates promoted officers - Legit.ng JUST IN: Nigerian Army decorates promoted officers Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Nigerian Army said it has decorated the recently promoted senior officers who belong to the Operation Lafia Dole, a military unit involved in the ...
- FEC okays $22.99m for Maritime Security - Vanguard FEC okays $22.99m for Maritime Security Vanguard
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) on Wednesday approved 22.995million dollars (N7.14billion) to enhance security of the nation's Maritime sector.
- Nigeria is the next battleground for election misinformation - Poynter Nigeria is the next battleground for election misinformation Poynter
With elections over in the United States and Brazil, eyes are turning toward misinformation in Nigeria.
- SA's MTN says still in talks with Nigerian authorities - EWN SA's MTN says still in talks with Nigerian authorities EWN
MTN also faces a $2 billion tax demand from Nigeria's attorney general, a claim which the company has said is without merit.
- Nigeria admits soldiers were killed in Metele 'terror attack' - BBC News Nigeria admits soldiers were killed in Metele 'terror attack' BBC News
After days of silence, Nigeria says soldiers were killed in an attack on a base in the north-east.
- Nigeria could lose $6bn from 'corrupt' oil deal linked to fraud - BBC News Nigeria could lose $6bn from 'corrupt' oil deal linked to fraud BBC News
A court in Milan is considering charges of corruption against Eni and Shell in a controversial oil deal that led to Nigeria losing an estimated $6bn. The campaign ...
- Nigeria's Tech Startups Defy the Odds | Fast Forward - OZY Nigeria's Tech Startups Defy the Odds | Fast Forward OZY
Without access to the West's startup ecosystems, these African entrepreneurs are building their nation, innovation by innovation.
- Groups adapt to insurgency to tap Nigerian growth - Financial Times Groups adapt to insurgency to tap Nigerian growth Financial Times
Bottles of Sprite spin along a gleaming new production line at the Coca-Cola plant in Maiduguri, not far from the one-time headquarters of Boko Haram, the ...
- Beaufils: ISIS W'Africa Behind Attacks On Nigerian Military - SaharaReporters.com Beaufils: ISIS W'Africa Behind Attacks On Nigerian Military SaharaReporters.com
But now because of security concerns, they are worried about putting our people there. So, I think it is really essential that we continue to shine the spotlight on ...
- Elder statesman, Ango Abdullahi exposes Nigeria's first biggest mistake - Daily Post Nigeria Elder statesman, Ango Abdullahi exposes Nigeria's first biggest mistake Daily Post Nigeria
The convener of Northern Elders' Forum, NUF, Professor Ango Abdullahi, has blamed the level of corruption being experienced in the country on the president.
- Nigeria ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on 'Obama interference' in 2015 election bid - BBC News Nigeria ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on 'Obama interference' in 2015 election bid BBC News
Nigeria's former President Goodluck Jonathan has accused the US administration under Barack Obama of undermining his failed re-election bid in 2015.
- Islamic extremists are now using drones in Nigeria, leader says - Military Times Islamic extremists are now using drones in Nigeria, leader says Military Times
JOHANNESBURG — Islamic extremists in Nigeria have begun using drones, the country's president says, opening a worrying new front in the region's nearly ...
- 'Get working again': Nigeria's Abubakar launches poll campaign - Al Jazeera English 'Get working again': Nigeria's Abubakar launches poll campaign Al Jazeera English
A record 79 candidates are in the race for the Nigerian presidential election scheduled in February.
- Why are African women more at risk of violence? Nigeria tells a patriarchal tale - The Guardian Why are African women more at risk of violence? Nigeria tells a patriarchal tale The Guardian
I grew up in a country where abuse can become normalised, says Nigerian writer Sede Alonge.
- Nigeria's ex-prez refutes neutrality reports, says Buhari must go - africanews Nigeria's ex-prez refutes neutrality reports, says Buhari must go africanews
Buhari, in power since 2015 is contesting for a second and final term in charge of Africa's most populous country. Atiku, OBJ's veep for eight years is running for ...
- Spain to raise minimum wage to over N429,000 – - Vanguard Spain to raise minimum wage to over N429,000 – Vanguard
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said Wednesday his cabinet would approve next week a 22 percent increase in the monthly minimum wage to 1050 ...
- Nigeria becomes HEU free - World Nuclear News Nigeria becomes HEU free World Nuclear News
The last known highly enriched uranium in Nigeria has been repatriated to China, leaving the African country HEU-free.
- Why I Was Not at Signing of Peace Accord - Opposition's Atiku [Premium Times] Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, said on Tuesday that he did not receive any invitation to take part at the signing of a peace accord for 2019 presidential candidates.
- We're Not Terrorists, Herdsmen Warn Anglican Bishops [Vanguard] Lagos -MIYETTI Allah Cattle Breeders Association, MACBAN, yesterday, flayed Anglican Bishops for describing it as a terrorist organisation, saying the group is made up of herdsmen, not terrorists.
- MTN - Again, Court Adjourns Hearing On Alleged Illegal Repatriation [Premium Times] A federal court in Lagos on Wednesday adjourned the case between the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and South African telecoms firm, MTN Group, following advanced discussion by both parties to settle out of court.
- Govt Will Reverse Budget Benchmark If Oil Price Drops Below U.S.$60 [Daily Trust] Lagos -The Federal Government will be forced to reconsider its oil price benchmark for the 2019 budget estimates if the global oil price drops below $60 per barrel, analysts at FSDH Research have said.
- Sex in a Car in Public Place Not a Crime - Police [Premium Times] It is not a crime in Nigeria to have sex in a car in a public place, the Nigerian police have said.
- Nigerian Govt Moves to Increase Mass Housing [Premium Times] The federal government is targeting a budget of over N800 million to provide affordable mass housing for Nigerians.
- Jonathan Mischaracterised Obama in New Book - U.S. Govt [Premium Times] The public affairs officer at the United States Consulate in Lagos, Russell Brooks, has described as a mischaracterisation, former president Goodluck Jonathan's account in his new book of the role the U.S. government played, ahead of the 2015 general elections.
- Late Monarch's Wife to Die By Hanging in Nasarawa [Vanguard] Lafia -The wife of a first class traditional ruler in Nasarawa State, Amina Zubairu, has been sentenced to death by hanging for killing her husband by the State High Court sitting in Lafia.
- Tension in South East, as Police, IPOB, Engage in Show of Force [Vanguard] Umuahia -Palpable tension is building up in the south east as the Abia State Police command has arrested 51 suspected members of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, who held procession on some streets of Umuahia.
- 'We'll Disgrace Governors Owing Salaries At Airports' [Daily Trust] The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) is to liaise with the International Trade Union Congress (ITUC) to place names of governors in the states where workers are being owed salaries and pensions for several months on a "watch list".
- Speak Up On N2.5 Billion Donation Now, PDP Challenges Buhari [Vanguard] Abuja -The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, yesterday challenged President Muhammadu to clear the air on the alleged donation of N2.5 billion by politicians, associates, and women on behalf of his wife, Aisha Bulgari amongst other shady deals at the Presidency.
- In Nigeria More Than 13 Million School-age Children Out of School - UN [VOA] A survey conducted by the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) indicates that the population of out of school children in Nigeria has risen from 10.5 million to 13.2 million, the highest in the world. Most of these children are in Nigeria's northern states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa, where Boko Haram insecurities have disrupted academic activities.
- Lassa Fever - Gombe Govt Confirms Death of Four Patients [Premium Times] The Gombe State Government has confirmed the death of four Lassa fever patients out of the 53 suspected cases recorded in the state.
- Senate Confirms Festus Keyamo, Others As NDIC Members [Premium Times] The Senate on Wednesday confirmed senior Nigerian lawyer, Festus Keyamo, as a member of the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC).
- Davido's 'Assurance', Wizkid's 'Fever' Top Google Trending Songs for 2018 [Premium Times] Davido's 'Assurance', Wizkid's 'Fever,' and Olamide's 'Science Student' are the most searched songs and top trending songs in Nigeria for 2018.
- INEC Signs MOU With Road Transport Unions to Use Commercial Vehicles for 2019 Elections [Premium Times] The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with road transport unions to use commercial vehicles for movement of election personnel and materials on election days in 2019.
- 2019 - Sowore's AAC Protests Exclusion From Presidential Debate [Premium Times] The African Action Congress (AAC), one of the political parties in Nigeria, has protested its exclusion from the planned presidential debate for the 2019 election.
- Restructuring - Definition and Form [Guardian] Restructuring is a constitution review strategy aimed at bringing government as closely as possible to the people at the grass roots. Lest we forget, the restructuring we are talking about is the one anchored on the reframed 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that was documented in the 2014 Confab Report. President Muhammadu Buhari, I hope you are listening? The whole idea of restructuring is to achieve unity of objective, efficiency and effectiveness by creating and locating our signific
- Governor Ambode Challenges Civil Servants to Embrace Innovation [Guardian] The Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, yesterday challenged the Lagos State Public Service to embrace innovation as a potential solution to solving all problems in the system. Ambode spoke at a two-day training for civil servants on 'Leading and managing through strategic planning and innovation,' held in Ikeja.
- Lawyers and Religious Leaders - a Note of Caution [Vanguard] IN Nigeria logic is constantly turned on its head, all to defend or excuse illegality. From the media to religious leaders, to judges and lawyers, virtually every sector which ought to fight for the common man's rights, or to defend our democracy finds itself shielding those accused of corruption from investigation and prosecution, or representing their interests by aggressively upholding the status quo.
- Ndigbo Must Return Home During Elections - -Massob [Vanguard] Enugu -MOVEMENT for Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, has insisted that the Igbo residing in diaspora, particularly in parts of Northern Nigeria must return during the unpredictable 2019 general elections.
- Why We Cannot Place NSDP Cadets On board Nigerian Vessels - NIMASA [Vanguard] The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, is not going to place graduate cadets of the National Seafarers Development Programme, NSDP, on ships in the Cabotage area.
- GDPR - How the Law Could Affect Nigerian Companies [Vanguard] -Hitachi on rescue mission with sensitization programme in Lagos
- Reject Proposed 80 New Tertiary Institutions and Revitalise Existing Ones (II) [Vanguard] Last week I started an examination of the effect of the bills currently pending before the National Assembly for the creation of 80 new Federal Institutions of higher learning. I detailed how this would be counterproductive given that most of the existing institutions continue to be starved of much required funding leading to the ongoing strike by members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). As stated earlier, the focus should not be in creating more universities, but ensuring that the curre
- FBN Launches Chat Banking to Ease Transactions [Guardian] First Bank of Nigeria has launched its Chat Banking on WhatsApp to harness optimal digital banking offerings that enhances ease of banking and convenience for its customers.
- Illegal Miners Take Over As Nigeria Ignores Solid Minerals Sector [Guardian] With artisanal mining in Nigeria, especially solid minerals mining, rising to about 80 per cent, the Nigerian economy is said to be losing huge fortunes to the neglect of the sector by relevant authorities for decades.
- Highly-Leveraged Firms Unable to Access NCDMB U.S.$200 Million NCI Fund [Guardian] Most of the companies open to the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board's (NCDMB) $200 million Nigerian Content Intervention (NCI) Fund, are having difficulties accessing the Fund owing to the fact that they (the firms) are highly levered to banks.
- BON Excludes Duke, Sowore, Others From Presidential Debate [This Day] Nigerian Elections Debate Group (NEDG) and the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON) have named five political parties that will participate in the 2019 vice presidential and presidential debates.
- Despite Challenges, Manufacturers Express Confidence in Nigeria's Economy [This Day] Cairo, Egypt -Manufacturers' Perception Index of 66 points computed from a survey of over 800 manufacturing companies in Nigeria for the first half (H1) of 2018 has indicated that manufacturers still have confidence in the country's economy.
- South, Middle Belt Seek Transition Plan Ahead of 2019 Polls [Guardian] The Nigeria Indigenous Nationalities Alliance for Self-Determination (NINA) yesterday proposed a transitional arrangement to replace the 1999 unitary constitution and a postponement of the 2019 elections.
- Here’s what South Africans searched for on Google in 2018 On Wednesday, 12 December 2018, Google announced the results of its 2018 Year in Search, offering a unique perspective on the year’s major moments and top trends based on searches conducted in South Africa. This year’s trending searches show South Africans keen interest in local celebrities, news and events, with six of the top 10 [&hellip...
- Huawei’s CFO granted bail in Canada A Canadian court ruled on Tuesday, December 11, 2018, that Meng Wanzhou, Huawei’s CFO and daughter of the company’s CEO and founder, will be released on bail for $10-million but will continue to be monitored closely after bank fraud allegations. A court...
- The Innovation Hub appoints new CEO in South Africa Gauteng Growth and Development Agency and The Innovation Hub Board Members have announced the appointment of Advocate Pieter Holl as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Innovation Hub. Advocate Pieter Holl succeeds Dr McLean Sibanda and was the Acting...
- Huawei MediaPad T5 review Huawei’s MediaPad T5 tablet has arrived in South Africa at the perfect time, just before Christmas. Sporting a sleek and solid design, the MediaPad T5 is not only perfect for the boardroom, but it is also perfect for the kids as their first mobile...
- Liquid Telecom receives $180m investment to expand its high-speed broadband connectivity Pan-African telecoms group Liquid Telecom has reached an agreement with CDC Group Plc, the UK’s development finance institution, to invest $180m with the company. This investment will enable Liquid Telecom to expand its high-speed broadband connectivity...
- Libya space camp scholarship program open for entries The U.S. Embassy and Libya are now accepting applications for the 2019 U.S.-Libya Space Camp Scholarship Program that will give Libyan students and educators the opportunity to challenge themselves in an elite training centre designed for the top...
- Accenture, JCSE partner to help prepare South African youth for the future of work Accenture has partnered with the Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct and the Joburg Centre for Software Engineering (JCSE), to provide both training and job opportunities to vulnerable youth for the future of work. This year’s activities culminated...
- Watch: PlayStation Classic unboxing The PlayStation Classic console has officially launched. Not only is it a fantastic and compact recreation of the original PlayStation console, but it also comes preloaded with 20 classic games. Now for those of you looking to add a little nostalgia to your...
- Google CEO defends privacy laws Google’s chief executive has defended the integrity of the company’s products a day ahead of a congressional hearing where he is expected to face tough questions from US lawmakers. In written testimony to the House Judiciary Committee made public on...
- Global start-up launches innovation hub in Johannesburg Startup Guide, the global guide for startups in high-growth innovation hubs in Europe, the US and Middle East, is open to nominations in Johannesburg. Founded in 2014, Startup Guide is a creative content and publishing company that produces guidebooks and...
- Here is what Kenyans searched for on Google in 2018 Google has released Year in Search 2018, which gives an overview of the searches and questions that drove Kenyans online throughout the year. The trending searches in 2018 were mainly dominated by events and personalities. Kenyans’ enthusiasm for football...
- Insight 2019: South Africa’s digital prospects start to shine South Africa is awaiting the arrival of not one but three international data centres, each representing a major hyperscale provider. Suffice to say, SA and its neighbours will soon have access to the same digital power, flexibility and reduced costs that...
- Mastercard partners DPO Group to boost Pan-African merchant payments Mastercard and Africa’s payment service provider, DPO Group have announced a collaboration to enable over 40,000 African merchants to accept Mastercard payments, connecting more people and businesses to the global economy. The collaboration will enable DPO...
- Uber launches 24/7 phone line for South African riders and drivers Uber has launched a 24/7 phone support for users across South Africa. Passengers and drivers will have a dedicated phone support line, staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To call, Uber users need to simply tap ‘Help’ in the main menu of the...
- Liquid Telecom to invest $400m in Egyptian network infrastructure Telecom Egypt has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) worth up to $400 million with the pan-African telecom group Liquid Telecom. The investment was made during a signing ceremony between the two companies on Saturday 8 December at the Africa 2018...
- Collaboration is key to protecting critical infrastructure from cyber threats National power grids are increasingly becoming a target of hackers and attacks. Several hacks have been reported across the globe in recent years, drawing the world’s attention to the vulnerability of national power supply systems, and bringing into...