- Yobe Attack - Many Girls Are Missing - Escapee [Premium Times] Aishatu Abdullahi, one of the schoolgirls that escaped Boko Haram's Monday night attack on Dapchi town of Yobe State, has said it was not all of the students that were so lucky.
- Dana Air's Many Troubles and Aviation Regulation in Nigeria [Premium Times] On Tuesday, 49 people escaped death as a Dana aircraft overshot the runway at the Port Harcourt Airport, after it touched down.
- Fuel Scarcity May Worsen As Depot Owners Give 14-Day Ultimatum [Premium Times] While Nigerians across many states continue to grapple with the unavailability of petrol at the official price, the situation may get worse due to threat by depot owners.
- Bobsled Team Makes First Olympic Appearance [allAfrica] Team Nigeria has made history as the first African nation to finish their first run in the women's bobsled at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Dana Aircraft Overshoots Runway, Runs Into Bush At Port Harcourt Airport [This Day] Just after the embarrassment of an emergency door falling off on landing in Abuja, Dana Airlines was on Tuesday enmeshed in another aviation near mishap, this time in Port Harcourt.
- Senator Queries Claim New Election Sequence 'Targeted' At Buhari [Premium Times] A senator, Dino Melaye (APC, Kogi West) has distanced himself from a group of senators who rejected the proposed election sequence and alleged it was targeted at President Muhammadu Buhari.
- We've Not Relented in Fight Against Corruption - Buhari [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari visited Adamawa on Tuesday where he spoke at an anti-corruption event.
- 37% of Privatised Firms Are Failing - Agency [Premium Times] About two in five companies privatised by the Bureau for Public Enterprises since inception are not performing, the agency has stated.
- Airport Authority Sanctions Officials Over Cow Invasion of Runway [Premium Times] The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) says it has suspended the head of security at the Akure Airport, Ondo State after cows strayed onto the airport runway, disrupting flight operations.
- Don't Allow Destroyers Pose As Saviours - Minister [Premium Times] The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed and the Chief Executive Officer of TVC Communications, Mr. Andrew Hanlon during a courtesy visit to the Minister in Abuja on Tuesday.
- Expert Calls for Govt's Participation in Global Hides, Skin Market [Vanguard] Oseloka Obaze, a policy expert, on Tuesday in Awka called on the Federal Government to seek the nation's participation in $75 billion global hides and skin market.
- Teacher Allegedly Flogs Student to Death [Premium Times] A teacher at Government Day Secondary School Sankalawa in Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara has allegedly flogged a student to death.
- Presidency Debunks Yusuf Buhari's Death Rumour [Guardian] The Presidency Wednesday debunked the death of President Muhammadu Buhari's son Yusuf.
- Okonjo-Iweala Appointed Into Commonwealth High-Level Group [Guardian] Nigeria's former Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has been appointed into a High-Level Group on Governance of the Commonwealth Secretariat.
- Herdsmen Take Oath in Ekiti to Stop Killings [Vanguard] Herdsmen in Ekiti State have taken a traditional oath binding on them to assure the host communities in Ekiti and the South West, that they would no longer behave unruly, kill or allow their cows to stray into farms.
- Ebola's Impact Reached Beyond Death Toll to Basic Health Care [VOA] More than 100,000 malaria cases went untreated when Liberia's health care system buckled under the 2014-2015 Ebola outbreak, according to a new study.
- Buhari and Trump - Comparisons, Contrasts of Consolers-in-Chief [Vanguard] The actions and inactions of Presidents Donald Trump and Muhammadu Buhari to similar eruptions of violence in their two countries have elicited commentary on the expectations from Nigerian political leaders.
- U.S.$1.3 Billion Facilities Idle As Delay Stalls Upstream Sector Projects [Guardian] If a new upstream project is not approved after the completion of the Egina Floating Production Storage Offloading vessel, ship repair and fabrication yards worth over U.S.$1.3 billion may remain idle, with about 20,000 workers risking job loss. More than 10,000 jobs may also be affected, if the Final Investment Decision on the Zabazaba deep water project is delayed beyond the second quarter of 2018.
- Govt to Preserve $1bn Forex from Africa's Largest Egg Plant [This Day] The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele and the Ondo State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu are expected to in the coming days, jointly inaugurate a new Egg Powder Plant in Emure-Ile, near Owo, Ondo State established through a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement between the Ondo State Government and Greenfield Assets Limited soon.
- Niger State Applies for 2 Oil Blocks, Targets Own Refinery [Leadership] Abuja -In a bid to harness the full benefits of becoming an oil producing state, Niger State government has applied for two oil blocks.
- Petroleum Summit - Pricing Major Issue Affecting Oil Industry - Kachikwu [Premium Times] The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, on Tuesday identified pricing mechanism as one of the issues negatively affecting the progress of the oil and gas industry.
- EU, British Council, Borno Collaborate to Treat Victims of Rape [This Day] Maiduguri -In order to check the growing cases of sexual assault, the Borno State Government in collaboration with the European Union (EU) and the British Council has opened a referral clinic to attend to issues of rape and sexual exploitation.
- Biafra - Court Okays Separate Trial for Nnamdi Kanu, Co-Defendants [Vanguard] Abuja -The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, on Tuesday, okayed separate trial for the 'missing' leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.
- Emir Sanusi Gets New Appointment [Premium Times] Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has appointed the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, to chair the newly inaugurated Kano Investment Advisory Committee.
- CBN Revises Guidelines for Agric Scheme [Premium Times] The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, says it has revised the guidelines for Commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme, CACS, to include Non-Interest Financial Institutions, NIFIs.
- Seme Command Harps On Professional Usage of Arms [Guardian] The Customs Area Controller, Seme Command, Mohammed Aliyu, has assured that the anti-smuggling drive of the Command is well fortified against smugglers, as it has partnered with the Nigeria Army 243 Recce Battalion Badagry on professional usage of arms.
- Court Freezes Accounts of Navy Admiral Who Received Billions Controversially [Premium Times] The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Wednesday granted permission to the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to freeze the accounts of Tahir Yusuf, a retired naval officer.
- Holdco Banks' Investors Not Affected By Dividend Pay-Out Policy [This Day] Investors in banks that operate under a holding company (holdco) structure can still expect dividends from the holdcos irrespective of the amendments to the dividend pay-out policy by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), a report by CSL Stockbrokers Limited has stated.
- N1.6 Billion - Reps Quiz NEMA DG Over Libya Returnees' Fund [Leadership] Abuja -The House of Representatives committee on emergency and disaster management yesterday demanded that the director general of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Alhaji Mustapha Maihaja account for the N1.6 billion released by the federal government to resettle Libya returnees.
- Drafting a People's Manifesto [Guardian] It is now appropriate, indeed imperative, for the Nigerian Left to present its own manifesto to the country. This should be in form of a people's manifesto, a people's charter of demands in a situation of national emergency. A people's manifesto at this point in our history is not a dissertation-like programme of social transformation, the type of thing any Left formation should be able to produce in 24 hours. Rather, it should be a clear and concise statement of not only what the Left believes should be d
- That Which Binds Us Movie BTS: Nollywood Stars On Dayo Amusa New Movie Set
- Photos: Chinyere Wilfred, Anita Joseph, Rachael Oniga, Eucharia Anunobi & Madam Kofo Spotted!
- Fathia Balogun Williams In New BBC Yoruba Interview
- Grace Amah: Most Young Nollywood Actors Lack Manner, They Don’t Greet Their Seniors
- Gbarada: Nigerian Cinema Movie By Muyiwa Ademola Completes, Premiere Loading….
- Emeka Ike South African Girlfriend Yolanda Pfeiffer Meets His Kids In Abuja [PHOTOS]
- Jim Iyke & Julius Agwu Join Cancer Awareness Walk In Abuja [PHOTOS]
- Comic Actor Ayanfe Adekunle Monsuru Discharged From Hospital..Photos
- Actress Iyabo Oko Returns To UK For Medical Checkup 2 Years After Surviving Stroke
- Nollywood Marketer Okiki Films Releases Liz Anjorin N40Million Movie, Owo Naira Bet
- Moyo Lawal Apologises As Movie Producers Threaten To Blacklist Her Over Nude Photos
- Nollywood Movie Review: The Royal Hibiscus Hotel
- Buhari Deploys Operation Cat Dance Troops To Tackle Killer Herdsmen In Benue State
- Photos: Killer Fulani Herdsmen Leader Arrested… See Laggi, The Terrorist Behind Attacks In Benue & Nasarawa
- Photos: Dana Airplane Skids Off Icy Runway, Lands In Bush At Airport In Port Harcourt Rivers State
- Beninese Native Doctor Making Charms For Robbers & Smuggling Stolen Vehicles To Cotonou Arrested
- Oil & Gas Millionaire Kidnapped In Okene Kogi State While Hanging Out With Friends
- Nigerian Man Impregnates, Marries Younger Sister In Anambra Church..Mother Says He Paid Bride Price
- Police Release Robbery Suspect Arrested In Ipaja Lagos, Say Head Wound Odour Disturbing Cell Mates
- Tragedy As Militants Behead JTF Soldier Spy In Akwa Ibom State
- Fulani Herdsman Flees As Cow Causes Car Accident In Omi Adio, Ibadan Abeokuta Expressway
- Lagos Lawyer Barrister Idowu Adebayo Michael Sent To Kirikiri For Selling Land With Forged Document
- Photos: David Akinniran, NAHCO Security Guard Steals $230K From Lagos MMIA Airport Passengers
- 73 Year Old Man Kills Nephew In Ikorodu Lagos
- EOH and LSD Information Technology partner to lead open source in Africa EOH has announced the acquisition of LSD Information Technology (LSD), a company specialising in Linux and enterprise open source technology. The partnership addresses an identified gap in the market by bringing the value and innovation that open source solutions provide, in enabling EOH customers’ digital transformation journey. By identifying global...
- Taxi app for local minibus taxi industry launches in South Africa AftaRobot, a transport management technology platform aimed at every touch point in the South African minibus taxi industry, officially launched on, Wednesday, 21 February 2018 in Johannesburg. Designed to run on a mobile device, the app allows commuters...
- EMEA endured over 51% of 2017 attacks F5 Labs has released new figures highlighting how distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks continue to grow and evolve in EMEA. According to customer data from F5’s Poland-based Security Operations Center (SOC), 2017 saw a 64% rise in mitigated...
- Huawei’s safety expert unpacks the need for mission-critical communication in Africa IT News Africa recently spoke to Peter Goulding, Global Public Safety Expert, Enterprise Business Group, Huawei Technologies who unpacked the importance of establishing mission-critical communications in Africa at the Technology Innovation Conference held in...
- South African Finance Minister launches online budget data portal South African Finance Minister, Melusi Gigaba announced the launch of an online budget data portal on Tuesday, 20 February 2018 in Parliament, Cape Town. Vulekamali, is IsiZulu and can be translated to “opening up the country’s money”, is an...
- Android Pay becomes Google Pay with added functionality Google has revealed that it is rebranding its mobile money platform, changing the name of Android Pay to Google Pay. This is not the only thing new about the platform, as a part of the update saw a number of new features added such as a new Home and Card...
- mCoin: First cryptocurrency that does not need Internet access released On February 20 2018 Onem announced the launch of a new cryptocurrency called mCoin. mCoin is a unique first of a kind inclusive cryptocurrency, that makes it possible for the 3 billion people around the world who don’t have access to the Internet to...
- Expereo reveals major data center expansion into Africa Expereo has announced a major data center expansion into the growing African market. Numerous strategically located, carrier-neutral data centers are planned to launch across 2018 in pivotal pan-African locations. A Johannesburg, South Africa hub recently...
- Mobile apps are empowering a collection of business processes With mobile phone subscribers numbering in the billions today, the majority of businesses are wanting to develop one or more mobile apps to reach this massive audience. Mobility has changed life and business forever. It has vastly grown the types and volume...
- Nigerian startup becomes finalist at 2018 Harvard Business School competition On 21 February 2018, Nigerian startup and digital publisher, Publiseer, announced that it has been selected as one of the 14 finalists of the 2018 Harvard Business School’s New Venture Competition, taking place in Boston, MA, United States, on March 2,...
- Nigerian e-Learning platform adds new service Mobile Class Academy (MCA), a Nigerian video e-Learning platform for students in senior secondary school (Sciences, Commercial and Arts classes) has announced that it has added an additional service for senior secondary school students in Nigeria. The service...
- TVGE International extends global reach with satellite and online distribution TVGE International, Equatorial Guinea’s governmental channel, is partnering with SES and MX1 to deliver its content worldwide on both linear and non-linear platforms. TVGE International is a free-to-air, Spanish-speaking channel that offers local news,...
- Mobile consumers warned to only transact with WASPA members On 20 February 2018, South Africa’s Wireless Application Service Providers Association (WASPA) warned mobile consumers about engaging in mobile-based communications with companies that are not members of the organisation. According to the association,...
- Non-profits need to become tech smart From savvy millennials to retirees who have time and a wealth of knowledge under their belt, the way we give is increasingly becoming digital. Data released by www.forgood.co.za, a digital platform that connects people and corporates to reputable causes,...
- Netflix and OSN partner in North African deal Netflix, the SVOD giant, and Dubai-based pay-TV, OSN, announced on Tuesday 20 February 2018 that the companies will enter a partnership which will focus on both the Middle Eastern and North African (MENA) markets. The deal is a first of its kind for the U.S....
- FIFA 2018 and Bitcoin among 2017’s main spam and phishing topics On Tuesday 20 February 2018, a cybersecurity firm, Kaspersky Lab released its “Spam and phishing in 2017” report. The report revealed that cybercriminals have been following a global agenda and have been using hot topics such as FIFA 2018 and Bitcoin to...