- JOGSOBA to construct N250m ICT centre for alma mater
- Kogi gov warns against violence in Nigeria, says ‘we need peace to move forward’
- INEC swears in Rufus Akeju as REC
- I’ll strengthen existing relations between Sierra-Leone, Nigeria, says Samara
- The Economists disowns publication on Buhari, Presidency says
- Osinbajo heads NEC committee to end herdsmen killings
- Ogun takes proactive step to avert herdsmen, farmers clash
- Ekiti debunks claim on plan to close Adeyeye’s radio station
- Borno suicide blast : Atiku mourns victims
- UNIOSUN dispels rumour of explosion on campus
- 9mobile as ‘last chance’ for Nigeria’s telecom industry
- TTP: To save lives and roads
- 2017: Events that shaped the economy
- The race for 9mobile
- How oil and gas sector fared in 2017
- 2017, year of mixed feelings for advertising
- A banking year in an economy wriggling out of recession
- Multinational companies and preference for expatriate CEOs
- FSS 2020: The journey so far
- Our aim is to make Glanvill Ethoven industry leader —Banjo
- My hospitality business will not affect acting —Pawpaw
- QBF to honour military heroes’ wives, mothers on Valentine’s Day
- Bodega World Music releases This Woman video
- Funke Akindele-Bello lands Hollywood role
- Winners get N3m as LGT ends in style
- Gospel artiste, Yemy TPX, celebrates with underprivileged
- Audience thrilled at Fela & Kalakuta Queens musical
- Runtown’s ‘Mad over you’ is most downloaded song of 2017 —Mynotjustok
- Actress Stephanie Okere-Linus in Italy to advocate for trafficked victims
- Woli Agba, Shete, others for Ibadan new comedy-themed radio
- High salt diet bad for brain health —Study
- Stakeholders say global gag rule is anti-women
- Health minister cautions on meningitis
- New Ebola-related outbreak threatens Africa
- Tuberculosis drugs work better with vitamin C
- African patients twice likely to die after surgery —Report
- ‘Pharmacy technologists, technicians inadequate in Nigeria’
- We plan to immunise 400,000 children during MNCH week —Oyo commissioner
- Group urges Buhari to ignore call to sack CMDs
- LAUTECH: Oyo NMA declares 3-day warning strike
- Malabu Oil Deal - Nigeria Sues JP Morgan for U.S.$875 Million [Leadership] Nigeria has filed a claim against JP Morgan Chase for more than $875 million, accusing it of negligence in transferring funds from a disputed 2011 oilfield deal to a company controlled by the country's former oil minister, Reuters report yesterday.
- Biafra Group Was Legally Declared a Terror Organisation - Court [Premium Times] An Abuja Division of the Federal High Court has refused an application by members of the Indigenous People Of Biafra seeking the nullification of the proscription order made against the group on September 20.
- The Economist Disowns Publication On Buhari - Presidency [Leadership] The Economist, a London-based magazine, has disclaimed a publication which claims that Nigerians have shown unprecedented level of patience with President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Economic Recession - AfDB Disburses U.S.$600M Budget Support to Govt [Vanguard] The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, said that African Development Bank (AfDB) disbursed a budget support of 600 million dollars to Nigerian government when the country faced economic recession.
- Enugu Govt to Introduce 'Pay As You Work' for Science Schools [Vanguard] The Enugu State Science, Technical and Vocational Schools Management Board says it will soon introduce "Pay As You Work" model in payment of salaries to teachers in its employ.
- We're Making Steady, Remarkable Progress in Agriculture, Says President Buhari [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari has said the agricultural sector has witnessed steady and remarkable progress in the last two years, significantly reducing the food import bill of the country.
- Nigeria Has Balance of U.S.$2.32 Billion in ECA As At Jan 15 - Minister [Vanguard] Finance Minister, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, has said that Nigeria has a balance of $2.32b in the Excess Crude Account, ECA, as at January.
- Nigerians Express Divergent Views On 'Sex Dolls' Debate [Premium Times] An unusual phenomenon has been trending in the Nigerian Cyberspace. It is the introduction and sale of sex robots fused with Human Artificial Intelligence.
- Herdsmen, Farmers Violence - VP Leads Nine Governors to Find Solutions [Premium Times] The National Economic Council, NEC, has set up a ten-member committee to address the widespread farmers/herders clashes across the country.
- Conflict, Violence, Protests - and An Absent President [HRW] The ongoing Boko Haram conflict in the northeast, cycles of communal violence between pastoralists and farmers, and separatist protests in the south defined Nigeria's human rights landscape in 2017.
- Chibok Girls Changed By Shame, Stockholm Syndrome - Experts [Thomson Reuters Foundation] Abuja -"In any human relationship, healthy or unhealthy, when you live with someone for years, connections are formed"
- Buhari, Other African Leaders to Grace Weah's Inauguration [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari is among African leaders that have indicated interest to attend the inauguration of Liberia's President-elect, George Weah, on Monday.
- Banker Gives Birth on Plane to New York [Premium Times] A Nigerian banker, Toyin Ogundipe, 41, has been delivered of a baby boy mid-air about 35,000 feet above sea level aboard an Air France flight.
- Buhari Has Delivered More Than Half of His Electoral Promises - Shittu [Leadership] Minister of Communications and one of President Muhammadu Buhari's loyalists, Adebayo Shittu, recently called on the president to run for a second term in office during the 2019 general elections. In this interview with LEADERSHIP, he speaks on his reason for the call and why Nigerians should return him to office. He also speaks about his ambition to govern Oyo State in the next political dispensation. MUYIWA OYINLOLA and ANDREW ESSIEN met him.
- Presidency, Other Federal Agencies Yet to Submit Audited Accounts - Senate [Premium Times] A senator has expressed disappointment at how the Presidency and many agencies have repeatedly failed to submit their audited accounts for vetting by the Auditor-General as required by law.
- How Key Electricity Infrastructure Was Controversially Awarded to Dangote [Premium Times] Key electricity transmission infrastructure belonging to the Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, were allegedly awarded to Alheri Engineering Company, and Phase 3, despite inherent conflict of interest, a correspondence has shown.
- Herdsmen Crisis - Falana Tackles Buhari, Accuses President of 'Impunity' [Premium Times] Rights lawyer, Femi Falana, has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of "impunity" in addressing recent killings by herdsmen in Benue and other states.
- Culture Solution to Killings, Boko Haram, Militancy, Others - Oba Adeniyi [Vanguard] A traditional ruler, Oba Adeniyi Rufai, the Olojo of Ojo Kingdom, says cultural exchanges among ethnic groups will foster unity and promote love among Nigerians.
- Stormzy Partners Nokia to Boost New Music Video [This Day] Nokia 8 has been announced as the official technology partner for Stormzy's new music video, capturing real moments throughout the day as part of its Unite For initiative idea.
- Wande Coal, Releases New Video 'Turkey Nla' [Vanguard] Nigerian song writer and singer, Oluwatobi Ojosipe popularly known as 'Wande Coal' has released a new music video titled 'Turkey Nla'
- We Don't Need National Assembly's Permission to Subsidise Petrol - NNPC [Premium Times] The Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, has given reasons for paying 'subsidy' on petrol without appropriation from the National Assembly.
- Ripples Over U.S.$500 Million Abacha's Loot [Vanguard] Controversy has emerged over the $500 million recovered from the late Gen. Sani Abacha's family as report indicates that the money was diverted.
- How PIGB Will End Fuel Scarcity, Ensure Oil Industry Transparency - Saraki [Premium Times] The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has said that the passage of the Petroleum Industry Governance Bill, PIGB, by the House of Representatives on Wednesday, following the Senate's passage of the bill last May, represents a historic milestone in Nigeria.
- Fuel Crisis Worsens, As DPR Clamps Down On Illegal Oil Marketers [Vanguard] Despite assurances by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, of a return to normalcy in fuel supply, the fuel crisis worsened, yesterday, in Abuja, while transportation costs also rose astronomically.
- 67 Percent Nigerians Live Below Poverty Line - Presidential Aide [Premium Times] The Special Adviser to the President on Social Protection, Maryam Uwais, said about 67 per cent of Nigerian population live below poverty line.
- CHAN 2018 - Three Players Nigeria Must Stop to Beat Libya [Premium Times] The Knights of Libya know that a point leads them closer to the round of 16 - but a point will make Nigeria's Super Eagles desperate in their last group match against Equatorial Guinea.
- House to Probe NNPC Over Alleged Loss of $21bn Oil Revenue to IOCs [This Day] Abuja -The House of Representatives has passed a resolution to set up an ad-hoc committee to among other things investigate the operation of Production Sharing Contract (PSC) between the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the International Oil Companies (IOCs) to determine the reasons for the loss of an alleged $21 billion in oil revenues to the latter.
- Walter Wagbatsoma, Nigerian Oil Magnate Sent to Jail in UK [This Day] Nigerian businessman, Walter Wagbatsoma, 47, was on Wednesday sentenced to three years and six months imprisonment for money laundering in the United Kingdom.
- Four States Seek Urgent Action On Oil Exploration in Sokoto Basin [This Day] Sokoto -Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal said his administration will support the federal government in ensuring success of exploration activities in the Sokoto Basin.
- NPA to Partner Kaduna Chamber of Commerce On Economic Growth [This Day] The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) is to fully participate in the forthcoming 39Th Kaduna International Trade Fair scheduled to hold between the 23rd February and 4th March,2018, the Managing Director of the NPA has assured.
- How Issakaba Producer Kasvid Was Crushed To Death While Returning From Burial – Colleague
- Yewande Adekoya Looks Fierce In Birthday Makeover By Margaret Osa. Photos
- Outrage As Omotola Jalade Charges Couples, Guests N40K To Attend Birthday Party Couples Retreat
- Ghanaian “Aki”, Actor Don Little Cries On Live TV As Women Reject Him Because He Is Small
- Bimbo Thomas Pregnant Again!! Actress Expecting Second Child Months After Miscarriage
- Tayo Sobola: My Husband Loves My Flat Butt, I’m Better Than Women Using Butt & Breast Pads
- Nollywood Movie Producer Kasvid Killed By Hit And Run Driver In Imo State After Surviving Car Accident
- Room420 TV Show: Yomi Black Features Jide Kosoko In 12-Episode TV Series
- Alabi Terror: Mercy Aigbe, Odunlade Adekola , Saidi Balogun On Segun Ogungbe Set
- Regina Daniels Makes N0.6Million Per Movie As Richest Nollywood Teenage Actress With Net-worth $350,000
- Tonto Dikeh To Remove Son From King Tonto Reality TV Show As Ex-Husband Hires Lawyer To Stop Show
- Liz Da Silva Moves Into Rented Duplex Apartment In Lekki Lagos [PHOTOS]
- Pastor Arrested For Charming Missing Girl, Church Member In Asaba Delta State..Photos
- Newborn Baby Dumped In Refuse Dump By Mother In Port Harcourt Abandoned To Die By Residents
- Kogi Indigenes Making Bomb For Boko Haram Arrested In Edo State As Blast Killed 1
- Baby Boy Stolen From Mother At Birth, Sold Twice To 2 Child Traffickers Rescued [PHOTOS]
- Omoku Killer Don Wani Kept N700 Million In First & Unity Bank Accounts – DSS
- “Fulani Herdsmen Sponsors Are Wealthy People”- Ex Naval Chief Who Lost 45-Hectare Farmland
- Yola Barracks Fire: Police Inspector, Sergeant Wife & Daughter Killed
- 4 Expatriates, 2 Americans & 2 Canadians Kidnapped In Kaduna State Nigeria
- 12 Killed, 48 Injured As Boko Haram Suicide Bombers Attack Maiduguri Market
- SSS Ordered To Arrest Fulani Herdsmen Leader As Militants Kill 4 In Benue State
- Fayose Blows Hot As Benue Indigenes, Tiv Farmers Kill Fulani Herdsman In Ekiti State
- Fulani Attack Fear Grips Plateau State As Group Threatens Attack Over 350 Stolen Cows
- IT News Africa: Top Stories Of The Week As millions around the world have begun getting over the festive rush and are heading back to work, technology related stories have yet again graced the headlines. This past week, both YouTube and Facebook revealed that they would apply significant changes to the platforms. YouTube’s changes were around the monetisation structure while...
- South African top Google searches this week South Africans generally tend to search for topics related to sports and news, and this week was no different. Some of the most searched topics this week in South Africa included the death of a musical legend, a collapse in the world’s largest...
- CONNECT Hackathon Series to run in five cities in Africa WhereIsMyTransport a provider of public transport data service provider has partnered with Facebook for Developers to host the ‘CONNECT Hackathon Series’. The first event is taking place at GEN’s 22 on Sloane Campus in Johannesburg, South...
- Vodacom voice services down, users share frustrations on Twitter Vodacom customers in Gauteng, South Africa experienced difficulty making and receiving calls on Friday morning, 19 January 2018, as the telco’s voice services were reportedly down. Users from other parts of the country revealed that they were also...
- South Africa: Tshimologong and BCX launch digital innovation programme On Friday 19 January 2018, Wits University’s, Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct, announced the launch of the BCX Innovation Programme and are inviting technology start-ups to apply. Tanye ver Loren van Themaat, Tshimologong Incubator and Accelerator...
- Digital Health Cape Town announces finalists for Accelerator Programme On 19 January 2018, South Africa’s first dedicated digital health accelerator, Digital Health Cape Town (DHCT), announced their top finalists for their inaugural Accelerator Programme designed to foster local eHealth innovation. The selected finalists have...
- WhatsApp launches business focused app On Thursday 18 January 2018 WhatsApp announced via its blog that it launching WhatsApp Business, a free-to-download Android app for small businesses. The new app will make it easier for companies to connect with customers, and more convenient for our 1.3...
- Cybersecurity Trends 2018: The Cost of our Connected World According to a recent ESET report, incidents and risks are predicted to grow even further in 2018. The report titled “Cybersecurity Trends 2018: The Cost of our Connected World” compiled by ESET security experts, presents topics that will be of interest...
- Africans can buy and sell multiple cryptocurrencies with newly launched platform On 18 January 2018, Coindirect.com, a way to buy and sell cryptocurrencies online, announced the initial launch of its platform for local currency trading. The Coindirect.com cryptocurrency marketplace is designed to make trading in digital currencies simple,...
- FNB customers use digital channels to win $5.7 million LOTTO jackpot On 18 January 2018, South African bank, First Nation Bank (FNB), revealed that two lucky customers had won over R 70 million in successive LOTTO Powerball Draws after buying their tickets on FNB Online Banking and the FNB Banking App. The first customer won...
- Workonline Communications expands IP transit into Kenya Workonline Communications, a wholesale network service provider has expanded its East African presence by making its IP transit services available in Nairobi, Kenya. Workonline Communications’ head of business development, Benjamin Deveaux, states that the...
- Ugandan government to launch social media platforms in 2018 The Ugandan government is considering creating its own social media platforms. The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) revealed that it is planning to launch their own versions of popular social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter in 2018. According...
- TCL Communication launches MoveTime Family Watch in South Africa TCL Communication has launched of the MoveTime Family Watch – MT30 in South Africa. Based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 platform, the smartwatch helps parents stay connected with their children using the latest technology. The new smartwatch is,...
- Online gaming is becoming lucrative for cybercriminals Online gaming has quickly become a hugely lucrative industry, with more people than ever owning gaming accounts. In South Africa alone, 42% regularly game online, a figure which rises to 50% for 25-34-year olds and 57% for those aged 16-24 according to...
- Digital transformation inspires new architectures and IT optimisation initiatives F5 Networks has revealed the results of its 2018 State of Application Delivery (SOAD) report. Now in its fourth year, the only global report of its kind shows how the growing influence of multi-cloud deployments are helping EMEA organisations better optimise...
- Google to use mobile page loading speed to rank websites On Wednesday 17 January 2018 Google revealed that it will now be using page speed as a ranking factor for mobile searches from July 2018. Although speed has been used in ranking for some time, that signal was focused on desktop searches not mobile. Google...