Welcome. Nairaland for Nigerians & Friends.
||Nigerian Statistics Monitor
|2000 ||2019 ||Change ||2050
|123,945,463 ||200,962,417 ||62.1 % ||391,296,754
|Population by state|
|4||Abuja ||3,000,000 |
|Top Nigerian Universities|
|1||University of Lagos - Lagos|
|2||University of Ilorin - Ilorin|
|3||Ahmadu Bello University - Zaria|
|4||Obafemia Awolowo University - Ile Ife|
|5||University of Nigeria - Nsukka|
|6||University of Ibadan - Ibadan|
|7||Covenant University - Ota|
|8||Federal University of Technology, Minna - Minna|
|9||Landmark University – Omu - Aran|
|10||Rivers State University of Science and Technology - Port Harcourt|
|Country - infections (deaths) (recovered)
|United States - 235,787 (5,764) (10,324)||Italy - 115,242 (13,915) (18,278)||Spain - 110,238 (10,096) (26,743)||Germany - 84,415 (1,090) (13,597)|
|China Mainland - 81,589 (3,318) (76,408)||France - 58,441 (4,496) (10,935)||Iran - 50,468 (3,160) (16,711)||United Kingdom - 33,718 (2,921) (191)|
|Switzerland - 18,823 (541) (4,846)||Turkey - 18,135 (356) (415)||Belgium - 15,348 (1,011) (2,495)||Netherlands - 14,697 (1,339) (-)|
|Austria - 11,106 (158) (1,749)||Canada - 11,060 (130) (1,688)||South Korea - 9,976 (169) (5,828)||Portugal - 9,034 (209) (68)|
|Brazil - 7,011 (250) (127)||Israel - 6,808 (33) (241)||Sweden - 5,568 (308) (103)||Australia - 5,136 (24) (422)|
|Norway - 5,131 (50) (-)||Czech Republic - 3,805 (67) (44)||Russia - 3,548 (30) (235)||Ireland - 3,447 (85) (5)|
|Chile - 3,404 (18) (335)||Denmark - 3,542 (123) (1,089)||Ecuador - 3,163 (120) (65)||Malaysia - 3,116 (50) (767)|
|Romania - 2,738 (107) (267)||Poland - 2,692 (50) (56)||Philippines - 2,633 (107) (51)||Luxembourg - 2,487 (30) (80)|
|Pakistan - 2,386 (33) (107)||Japan - 2,384 (60) (505)||India - 2,069 (53) (156)||Saudi Arabia - 1,885 (21) (328)|
|Thailand - 1,875 (15) (505)||Indonesia - 1,790 (170) (112)||Finland - 1,513 (17) (0)||South Africa - 1,462 (5) (31)|
|Greece - 1,415 (53) (53)||Mexico - 1,378 (37) (559)||Peru - 1,323 (47) (447)||Panama - 1,317 (32) (9)|
|Dominican Republic - 1,284 (57) (9)||Iceland - 1,220 (2) (236)||Serbia - 1,171 (31) (54)||Argentina - 1,133 (32) (248)|
|Colombia - 1,065 (17) (39)||Singapore - 1,049 (4) (266)||Croatia - 1,011 (7) (88)||Algeria - 986 (63) (61)|
|Slovenia - 897 (16) (10)||Estonia - 858 (11) (33)||Egypt - 850 (52) (179)||Qatar - 835 (2) (71)|
|United Arab Emirates - 814 (8) (61)||Ukraine - 804 (20) (13)||Hong Kong - 802 (4) (154)||Iraq - 728 (52) (182)|
|New Zealand - 797 (1) (92)||Morocco - 691 (44) (30)||Armenia - 663 (4) (31)||Lithuania - 649 (8) (7)|
|Bahrain - 635 (4) (341)||Hungary - 585 (20) (42)||Bosnia and Herzegovina - 532 (16) (20)||Moldova - 505 (6) (25)|
|Lebanon - 494 (16) (43)||Latvia - 458 (0) (1)||Tunisia - 455 (14) (5)||Bulgaria - 449 (10) (20)|
|Andorra - 428 (15) (14)||Kazakhstan - 423 (3) (27)||Slovakia - 400 (1) (7)||Azerbaijan - 400 (5) (26)|
|North Macedonia - 384 (11) (17)||Costa Rica - 375 (2) (4)||Uruguay - 350 (2) (62)||Taiwan - 339 (5) (50)|
|Kuwait - 317 (0) (80)||Puerto Rico - 316 (12) (-)||Cyprus - 315 (9) (18)||Réunion - 308 (0) (48)|
|Belarus - 304 (4) (46)||Burkina Faso - 288 (16) (50)||Cameroon - 284 (7) (10)||Jordan - 278 (5) (36)|
|Albania - 277 (16) (76)||San Marino - 245 (30) (21)||Afghanistan - 237 (4) (5)||Oman - 231 (1) (57)|
|Vietnam - 227 (0) (63)||Honduras - 219 (14) (3)||Cuba - 212 (6) (12)||Uzbekistan - 205 (2) (25)|
|Ghana - 204 (5) (31)||Senegal - 195 (1) (55)||Malta - 195 (0) (2)||Côte d'Ivoire - 190 (1) (9)|
|Faroe Islands - 177 (0) (81)||Nigeria - 174 (2) (9)||Mauritius - 169 (7) (0)||Palestine - 134 (1) (-)|
|Sri Lanka - 151 (4) (21)||Venezuela - 144 (3) (43)||Montenegro - 140 (2) (0)||Georgia - 134 (0) (26)|
|Brunei - 133 (1) (56)||Martinique - 131 (3) (27)||Kosovo - 125 (1) (10)||Guadeloupe - 125 (6) (24)|
|Congo (DRC) - 123 (11) (3)||Bolivia - 123 (8) (1)||Kyrgyzstan - 116 (0) (5)||Mayotte - 116 (2) (10)|
|Kenya - 110 (3) (4)||Cambodia - 110 (0) (34)||Guernsey - 97 (1) (-)||Jersey - 96 (2) (-)|
|Isle of Man - 95 (1) (-)||Trinidad and Tobago - 90 (5) (1)||Gibraltar - 88 (0) (42)||Rwanda - 84 (0) (0)|
|Guam - 77 (3) (9)||Paraguay - 77 (3) (1)||Niger - 74 (5) (0)||Liechtenstein - 72 (0) (0)|
|Madagascar - 59 (0) (0)||Bangladesh - 56 (6) (26)||Monaco - 55 (0) (2)||Aruba - 55 (0) (1)|
|Guinea - 52 (0) (0)||French Guiana - 51 (0) (0)||Guatemala - 46 (1) (12)||Barbados - 45 (0) (0)|
|Uganda - 45 (0) (0)||Jamaica - 44 (3) (2)||Macao SAR - 41 (0) (10)||El Salvador - 41 (2) (0)|
|Djibouti - 40 (0) (0)||Zambia - 39 (1) (1)||Togo - 39 (2) (17)||French Polynesia - 37 (0) (1)|
|Mali - 36 (3) (0)||Bermuda - 32 (0) (10)||US Virgin Islands - 30 (0) (21)||Ethiopia - 29 (0) (2)|
|Eritrea - 22 (0) (0)||Congo - 22 (2) (0)||Cayman Islands - 22 (1) (-)||Bahamas - 21 (1) (0)|
|Tanzania - 20 (1) (1)||Maldives - 19 (0) (13)||Gabon - 18 (1) (0)||New Caledonia - 18 (0) (1)|
|Myanmar - 16 (1) (0)||Equatorial Guinea - 15 (0) (1)||Haiti - 15 (0) (0)||Namibia - 14 (0) (2)|
|Mongolia - 14 (0) (2)||Saint Lucia - 13 (0) (0)||Dominica - 12 (0) (0)||Guyana - 12 (1) (0)|
|Curaçao - 11 (1) (2)||Suriname - 10 (0) (0)||Mozambique - 10 (0) (0)||Seychelles - 10 (0) (0)|
|Greenland - 10 (0) (2)||Syria - 10 (2) (0)||Grenada - 10 (0) (0)||Libya - 10 (0) (1)|
|Eswatini - 9 (0) (0)||Guinea-Bissau - 9 (0) (0)||Laos - 9 (0) (0)||Benin - 9 (0) (1)|
|Zimbabwe - 8 (1) (0)||Angola - 8 (2) (1)||Antigua and Barbuda - 7 (0) (0)||Fiji - 7 (0) (0)|
|Chad - 7 (0) (0)||Sudan - 7 (2) (1)||Northern Mariana Islands - 6 (1) (0)||Vatican City - 6 (0) (0)|
|Mauritania - 6 (1) (2)||Liberia - 6 (0) (0)||Saint Barthélemy - 6 (0) (1)||Cabo Verde - 6 (1) (0)|
|Nepal - 6 (0) (1)||Central African Republic - 6 (0) (0)||Bhutan - 5 (0) (0)||Turks and Caicos Islands - 5 (0) (0)|
|Montserrat - 5 (0) (0)||Botswana - 4 (1) (0)||Nicaragua - 4 (1) (0)||Gambia - 4 (1) (0)|
|Somalia - 5 (0) (0)||Malawi - 3 (0) (0)||Belize - 3 (0) (0)||British Virgin Islands - 3 (0) (0)|
|Anguilla - 2 (0) (0)||Bonaire - 2 (0) (0)||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - 2 (0) (1)||Burundi - 2 (0) (0)|
|Sierra Leone - 2 (0) (0)||Timor-Leste - 1 (0) (1)||Papua New Guinea - 1 (0) (0)|
|Health care for just N350/month
SOSO CARE is a new micro health insurance selling at just N350. With N350 monthly payment, you can access care at any of our 991 partner hospitals in all states for treatment up to N220,000. With our mandate to cover millions of Nigerians, we have received support and validation from UN Habitat and World Bank. To learn more about SOSO CARE visit our https://sosocare.com/ OR call our office 08163471359.
- Cleaning Appliances Market May Set New Growth Story: Panasonic, General Electric, Samsung, Robert Bosch, Honeywell What's Ahead in the Global Cleaning Appliances Market? Benchmark yourself with strategic steps and conclusions recently published by AMA. This press release was orginally distribu ...
- Google spending $6.5 million on efforts devoted to combating coronavirus misinformation Google announced Thursday the company will spend $6.5 million on various efforts aimed at combating online misinformation ...
- UCH CMD Recovers From Coronavirus, Tests Negative A file photo of UCH Chief Medical Director (CMD), Professor Jesse Otegbayo. Photo: [email protected] The Chief Medical Director (CMD) at the University College Hospital (UCH), Professor Jesse Otegbayo ...
- Viscosity Index Improvers Industry - Riding on Policy and Consumer behavioural Changes This intelligence report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Global Viscosity Index Improvers Market. This includes Investigation of past progress, ongoing market scenarios, and future prospects.
- Dennis and Tau’s Club Brugge declared Belgian champions Percy Tau has won his first league title in Europe after the Pro League was cancelled and Club Brugge crowned champions amid ...
- Figures of the week: Perceptions of COVID-19 in South Africa, Kenya, and Nigeria On March 17, GeoPoll released the results of their survey deployed to determine perceptions and understanding of COVID-19 in ...
- Improve power supply within Three months or face sanction ― FG to DISCOs In a bid to restore efficiency in the power sector to grow the country’s economy, the Federal Government has threatened to ...
- COVID-19: Buhari’s Daughter Returns From Isolation, Reunites With Family One of the daughters of President Muhammadu Buhari has reunited with her family after she returned from isolation. The lady, ...
- Nigerian private sectors join efforts to fight against coronavirus According to a statement released earlier by the group, it’s mission and objectives were born out of its collective desire to ...
- Folklift Solid Tire Market Growth Cycle to Mitigate New Business Opportunity This intelligence report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Global Folklift Solid Tire Market. This includes Investigation of past progress, ongoing market scenarios, and future prospects. Data ...
- Extremists see global chaos from virus as an opportunity African military units, already stretched thin and under attack, are likely to take protective measures as the virus ...
- Covid-19 tests resolve in Nigeria's oil patch as country wrestles with fallout Nigeria will lose $15.4 billion this year in crude export earnings and its gross domestic product will drop 4% due to the ...
- Netflix' investment into Nollywood Netflix has increased its investment in Nigeria’s film industry, Nollywood. The dominant streaming company announced its ...
- Confirmed COVID-19 Cases In Africa Rise To 6,470 The number of coronavirus cases in Africa rose to 6,470 on Thursday, the Africa Centre for Disease Control (CDC) has reported ...
- Tom Holland Challenged Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds to Do Shirtless Handstands Celebrities including Tom Holland, Ryan Reynolds, and Jake Gyllenhaal are now attempting the "impossible challenge." It ...
- Trapped by Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals Bloomberg
- Nigeria Becomes Eighth African Nation to Welcome Bitcoin ATMs Cointelegraph
- 'We don't work, we don't eat': Informal workers face stark choices as Africa's largest megacity shuts down CNN
- Nigeria launches 'massive' joint operation against jihadists The Telegraph
- Nigeria introduces stimulus package to ease coronavirus hit The Africa Report
- Nigeria virus lockdown pushes Lagos poor to the brink FRANCE 24
- Nigeria: UN and partners acting to avert coronavirus spread in displacement camps UN News
- Lamido Sanusi: A Man of Nigeria's Past and Possibly Its Future Council on Foreign Relations
- Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 2 April AS English
- Nigerian COVID-19 survivor shares her experience after testing positive for the virus CNN
- As pangolin trade heats up, Nigeria urged to do more to crack down Mongabay.com
- Life after death row: The pastor praying for Nigeria's prisoners Al Jazeera English
- 'An attempt to gag the media': Journalists on Nigeria's proposed social media bill CPJ Press Freedom Online
- Government, banks and wealthy individuals contribute billions to fight coronavirus in Nigeria CNN
- How can Nigeria withstand the economic impact of COVID-19? CNBCAfrica.com
- The impact of women on Nigeria's economy CNBCAfrica.com
- Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 1 April AS English
- Coronavirus: Nigerian tech startups step up to assist government Quartz Africa
- Nigeria’s banks face direct hit from geared-up oil producers The Africa Report
- Keeping fit during coronavirus: Nigerian footballer's home workout using shoes BBC Sport
- Coronavirus lockdown in Nigeria will worsen generator pollution Quartz Africa
- Coronavirus: Nigeria Buhari chief of staff, governors test positive Quartz Africa
- Nigeria coronavirus: Fashion designers take on virus with rhinestone-studded face masks The Washington Post
- Nigeria tells oil, gas companies to cut staff in pandemic fight Reuters
- Nigeria imposes restrictions amid sharp rise in COVID-19 cases Aljazeera.com
- US evacuates citizen who tested positive to COVID-19 in Nigeria Premium Times
- Nigeria: COVID-19 Cases On the Rise Human Rights Watch
- Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map AS South Africa
- Nigeria “begs” for free ventilators from American entrepreneur Guardian Nigeria
- Fake Covid-19 cures soar in Nigeria as social media companies battle to keep up News24
- Unanswered questions as Nigeria braces for coronavirus lockdown Al Jazeera English
- Nigeria reported its first coronavirus-related death CNN
- Bishop's wife and church secretary released by kidnappers in Nigeria Episcopal News Service
- MTN to pursue Nigeria stake sale Developing Telecoms
- Germany donates €5.5m to Nigeria amid COVID-19 pandemic The Punch
- Africa’s Richest Man Helps Lead Nigeria Charge Against Covid-19 Bloomberg
- Nigeria bans entry for travelers from 13 countries as it announces five new cases of coronavirus CNN
- Nigeria records chloroquine poisoning after Trump endorses it for coronavirus treatment CNN
- COVID-19: Nigeria to start clinical trial of chloroquine CNBCAfrica.com
- How Nigeria's kings lost their power BBC News
- Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 30 March AS South Africa
- What The US Could Learn From Nigeria’s Response To The COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak Forbes
- Nigeria: Striving to be a better placeOpinion Guardian
- Nigeria’s locked-down drinks industry raises bootleg alcohol risks The Africa Report
- Nigerian COVID-19 survivor recounts experience Vatican News
- Nigeria housing: 'I live in a floating slum' in Lagos BBC News
- Nigerian Naira Black-Market Rate Weakest in Three Years Bloomberg
- UPDATED: Cuba ready to help in Nigeria's COVID-19 battle – Envoy Premium Times
- Coronavirus: Lagos, Nigeria shuts schools, ban public gatherings Quartz Africa
- Nigeria's business support system: Perception versus reality Techpoint Africa
- Nigeria Makes Brutal Oil Price Cuts. But Has It Gone Low Enough? Bloomberg
- Nigeria News, Virus Latest: Chloroquine Poisoning, Trump Tweet Bloomberg
- Victor Olaiya: Nigeria's 'evil genius' trumpeter who influenced Fela Kuti BBC News
- Nigeria cases of coronavirus rise to 174 Guardian
- Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians From Complex Issues Of Health —Soyinka SaharaReporters.com
- England or Nigeria? – QPR star Eze undecided on international future Goal.com
- At least 50 Nigerian soldiers killed in Boko Haram ambush Al Jazeera English
- Nigeria Launches Its First Bitcoin ATM Inside Bitcoins
- [UPDATED] COVID-19: 637 Europeans evacuated from Nigeria, Benin The Punch
- FROM THE FIELD: Sunny days power a better life for displaced Nigerians UN News
- Beaten, raped and forced to work: why I'm exposing the scandal of Nigeria’s house girls The Guardian
- Nigerian Christian community faces peril, White House is told The Christian Science Monitor
- Nigeria Government begins distribution of N20,000 relief fund to homes Guardian
- Marketers give terms for selling petrol at N123.50k Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria gas explosion: 17 dead, rescue efforts under way Al Jazeera English
- Nigeria needs $330 million for coronavirus battle, turns to private sector Yahoo News
- Nigeria's Tire Market Worth $540+ Million by 2025 GlobeNewswire
- Nigeria’s north: Coronavirus in the world’s poverty capital The Africa Report
- Nigerians Fear Starvation as Africa's Largest City Enters Lockdown Democracy Now!
- Nigerian Students In UK Test Positive For Coronavirus SaharaReporters.com
- Nigerian press focuses on ultimatum to electricity firms, debt relief request Journalducameroun.com - English
- COVID-19: UK pledges £75m to evacuate citizens from Nigeria, others The Punch
- Nigerian army prepares for coronavirus lockdown, mass burials Reuters
- SA fintech startup TaxTim expands to Nigeria in partnership with PwC Disrupt Africa
- This Nigerian Is Helping Youth In Africa Find Opportunities Through STEM Forbes
- Dubai Property: An Oasis for Nigeria's Corrupt Political Elites Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Nigerian Banks at Severe Risk from Oil Price Slump, Coronavirus Fitch Ratings
- Coronavirus: Nigeria not stopping pangolin trade, trafficking Quartz Africa
- Six killed in attack on Nigeria military base Al Jazeera English
- COVID-19: Nigerian elite should be held accountable The Punch
- Nigeria: Army Restrictions Stifling Aid Efforts Human Rights Watch
- Coronavirus in Africa: the countries with confirmed cases CNN
- Chinese nationals kidnapped in Nigeria freed Premium Times
- Lassa Fever: Nigeria's death toll reaches 185 Premium Times
- Influential Nigerian traditional ruler dethroned Al Jazeera English
- Boko Haram Insurgents Kill 139 Chadian, Nigerian Troops Bloomberg
- Nigeria's total debt portfolio stands at N27.4 trillion in 2019 | Nairametrics
- COVID-19: Buhari meets with Presidential Committee on Nigeria’s economy Vanguard
- COVID-19: More German, French citizens await evacuation from Nigeria NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
- How To Become A Billionaire: Nigeria's Oil Baroness Folorunso Alakija On What Makes Tomorrow's Billionaires Forbes Africa
- Stop Security Operatives From Harassing Citizens, Amnesty International Tells Nigerian Government Over Lockdown Order SaharaReporters.com
- Nigeria’s Premium Times faces cyberattacks, intimidation of journalists after publishing leaked documents CPJ Press Freedom Online
- Nigeria Aims to Silence Dissent With Charges Against Prominent Journalist, Advocates Say VOA News
- Nigerians, governor Sanwo-Olu, Covid-19 and GodOpinion Guardian
- Coronavirus: Nigerian celebrities wear blinged-up masks BBC News
- Uber temporarily shuts operation in Nigeria, as FG locks revenue-driven routes Nairametrics
- Nigeria records second death from coronavirus Guardian
- COVID-19: Why number is still low in Nigeria — Delta Monarch Vanguard
- UN announces COVID-19 emergency response for in North-East Nigeria Vanguard
- There is no coronavirus in Nigeria Vanguard
- Child trafficking victims risk contracting Coronavirus, others as statistics soars in Nigeria Though they are still within the country. National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking In Persons (NAPTIP) says in ...
- COVID-19: Timeline in Nigeria The government announced the airports as Enugu, Lagos, Rivers, Kano and the FCT. January 28- The Nigeria Centre for Disease ...
- COVID-19: We‘ll continue to expand isolation centres across Nigeria – FG He said that in the last 24 hours, Nigeria had also expanded the bedding spaces in the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, ...
- British government to evacuate nationals in Nigeria British Government is consolidating efforts towards the evacuation of its nationals in Nigeria. A highly placed industry ...
- Nigeria’s COVID-19 cases rise to 111 The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has reported fourteen new cases of coronavirus in the country, taking the total number of infections to 111. According to the NCDC, nine new cases ...
- Nigeria likely to record more cases of Coronavirus – NCDC Nigeria is likely to record more cases of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), infections, as the Nigeria Centre for Disease ...
- Nigeria earned $32.63b from oil & gas in 2018 Nigeria earned a total of $32.63 billion from the oil and gas sector in 2018, a 55 per cent increase on the $20.99 billion recorded from the sector in 2017. The information is contained in the ...
- Nigeria’s viral reset (2) NIGERIA’S leadership handles the country as a funeral economy, where the public officer is a slayer and pallbearer. Think of ...
- Nigeria: Africa’s largest economy? Could it be a matter of imagination or a mere academic exercise that Nigeria’s economy is the largest in Africa as indicated by rating agencies? SINA FADARE, in this report, x-rays the ...
- BREAKING: COVID-19: Germany pledges 5.5 million euros to Nigeria Germany has pledged a donation of 5.5 million euros in its contribution to the fight against the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- Telecoms subscribers rise to 184.6 million, says NBS The number of active voice subscribers in the telecoms sector rose by 5.52 million from 179.17 million in the third quarter of last year to 184.69 million as of the end of the fourth quarter. The ...
- UPDATED: Nigeria records second COVID-19 death “As of today, the 30th of March, 2020, we have recorded 111 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria of which 68 are in Lagos, 21 in the FCT, seven in Oyo, three in Ogun, two in Bauchi, two in ...
- MultiChoice gives N1.2b to support Nigeria on COVID-19 MultiChoice Nigeria has announced some initiatives to support the Federal and Lagos governments’ efforts in ameliorating the ...
- Nigerian Actor Alkali Matt Dies On Movie Set Nollywood actor, Alkali Matt, better known as Dareng, has passed away while filming on a movie set on Tuesday. Nigerian actor, Alkali MattDimbo Atiya broke the news on his Facebook as he revealed t… ...
- Politics Omokri Reacts As Buhari Receives COVID-19 Updates From Health Minister – Information Nigeria News Reno Omokri, a popular social media commentator and chieftain of the people’s Democratic Party(PDP) has described the now-viral video of the minister for health, Osagie Ehanire and his NCDC c… ...
- Lagos' Size and Slums Will Make Stopping the Spread of COVID-19 a Tough Task [The Conversation Africa] Human vulnerability has come to the fore with the coronavirus practically bringing the world to its knees. National and city governments are taking bold steps for mitigation and containment.
- Nigerians Embarrassed As Ministry of Finance Begs Elon Musk, Tesla for Ventilators On Twitter [Vanguard] Some Nigerians are bewildered on social media following the official Twitter handle of the Ministry of Finance and Budget begging for ventilators from industrial engineer, Elon Musk.
- Govt Opens Another COVID-19 Test Site, Recruits Medical Lab Scientists [Premium Times] Nigeria now has seven functional laboratories to test for the Covid-19 virus, the health minister, Osagie Ehanire, said on Wednesday.
- How Buhari Is Leading Fight Against COVID-19 - Presidency [Premium Times] Amidst unrelenting criticism of alleged poor political leadership at the highest level in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria, the presidency has listed "some of the reactions by the agencies and trained experts, under the leadership of President Buhari' in the fight against the virus.
- COVID-19 Will Worsen Unemployment Crisis - Expert [Daily Trust] As the COVID-19 pandemic continues its disruptive spread with far-reaching implications for business efficiency nationwide, an entrepreneurship and small business expert, Dr Timi Olubiyi, has projected that the nation's unemployment rate would increase unless government supports businesses with remedial fiscal incentives to mitigate the impaxct of the viral disease on their operations
- Country's COVID-19 Cases Hit 174 [Daily Trust] The federal government yesterday said it had tested over 2,000 persons for the COVID-19 across the country.
- Bankers' Body Donates N20 Million to Lagos State to Combat COVID-19 [Premium Times] The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) has donated N20 million to the Lagos State Government to support the government's efforts in containing the spread of COVID-19.
- Nigeria Govt Deletes Tweet Begging Tesla Founder for Ventilators [Premium Times] The Nigerian government has deleted a tweet posted on Wednesday via the verified Twitter handle of the Ministry of Finance Budget and National Planning begging the founder of Tesla, Elon Musk for ventilators.
- Ondo Closes Borders [This Day] Ondo State Government has ordered the closure of its borders with the neighbouring states of Ekiti, Osun, Kogi, Edo and Elefon, which is coastal border with Ogun State.
- Nigeria Finance Ministry Deletes Tweet Begging Elon Musk for Ventilators to Fight COVID-19 [Vanguard] The Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning has deleted its tweet requesting for ventilators from South African billionaire, Elon Musk.
- COVID-19 - Nigerian Govt Begs Tesla Founder, Elon Musk, for Ventilators [Premium Times] Nigeria's Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning on Wednesday headed to Twitter to beg the founder of the electronic automobile company, Tesla Inc., Elon Musk, for ventilators.
- Aganbi Marks 20 Years of Tech Broadcasting in ICT Advocacy [This Day] Don Pedro Aganbi, one of Nigeria's top information communication technology (ICT) broadcast journalist, is set to celebrate 20 years of reporting the information technology (IT) and telecoms industry in Nigeria and championing the course of ICT advocacy in the country.
- Niger Searches for COVID-19 Patient [This Day] Minna -The officials Niger State Government have mounted a manhunt for an alleged COVID-19 patient who is currently on the run.
- COVID-19 - Jumia Implements Contactless Delivery, Cashless Payments [This Day] Jumia, an e-Commerce platform has announced the implementation of 'contactless' delivery for prepaid packages on the platform. The company is taking additional measures to keep consumers, delivery agents and partners safe in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Private Sector Coalition Against COVID-19 Raises N15.325 Billion [Daily Trust] The Private Sector Coalition Against COVID19, a special purposes vehicle created by the Central Bank of Nigeria to galvanize private sector funds to support the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic has raised N15,325,000,000.
- Presidency Knocks Soyinka for Faulting Lockdown [This Day] Abuja -The presidency last night called the bluff of Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, asking Nigerians to ignore his fictional postulations and embrace science.
- Coronavirus - How Infection Humbled Me - Immigration Boss [Premium Times] The Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Muhammed Babandede, in a video said coronavirus infection is a humbling experience.
- Chinese Nationals Kidnapped in Nigeria Freed [Premium Times] Two Chinese nationals who were kidnapped in Ebonyi State, South-east Nigeria, last week, have regained their freedom.
- 2020 Wet Season Farmers Out of Govt's Mechanisation Programme [Daily Trust] As the 2020 farming commence, wet season farmers will not be part of the Federal Government's mechanisation programme.
- ... As AMAC Constitutes Precautionary, Responsive and Palliative Committee [Daily Trust] The chairman of Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC), Abdullahi Adamu Candido, has constituted a precautionary, responsive and palliative committee.
- Nigeria's Nasidi and America's Fauci - Fighting COVID-19 [Daily Trust] In the panicky moment of the COVID-19 pandemic slowly setting its wicked grip around the country's socio-economic life, nothing is needed more than heeding the advice of health experts. And expert suggestions are not in short supply from medical and health authorities.
- Lockdown - Banks to Provide 'Skeletal Services' At Apapa Port [Premium Times] The Council for the Regulation of Freight Forwarding in Nigeria (CRFFN) and the Nigerian Shippers' Council (NSC) have collaborated to pull banks back to Apapa port.
- Ganduje, Wife Test Negative for COVID-19 [Premium Times] Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State and his wife, Hafsat, have tested negative to Coronavirus.
- Coronavirus - What We're Doing to Prevent Outbreak At Prisons - Minister [Premium Times] The federal government is making plans to release some prison inmates as apart of measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 within the correctional facilities (prisons), the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, said on Wednesday.
- Mallam Has Said There's No Corona [This Day] "Social distancing is a privilege. It means you live in a house large enough to practise it. Hand washing is a privilege too. It means you have access to running water. Hand sanitisers are a privilege. It means you have money to buy them. Lockdowns are a privilege. It means you can afford to be at home. Most of the ways to ward the Corona off are accessible only to the affluent. In essence, a disease that was spread by the rich as they flew around the globe will now kill millions of the poor"--Jayshre Shuk
- Expert Promotes E-Commerce [This Day] A Lagos-based Development Economist, Adeola Seyi-Smith, has stressed the need for the federal and state governments to encourage e-Commerce and support online shopping among Nigerians, with the outbreak of the COVID-19.
- 'Teaching Via Radio' in COVID-19 Lockdown [Daily Trust] Apart from the growing number of web-enhanced activities including live streaming of classes as the COVID-19 lockdown holds nationwide, some schools say they are conducting radio lessons in which radio stations broadcast lectures to help students continue learning while observing the stay-at-home directive by government.
- Addressing Blindness in Nigeria [This Day] The health authorities should pay more attention to people with visual impairments
- Akure Explosion - I Didn't Know I Was Carrying Explosives, Says Driver [This Day] Akure -The driver of the explosive-laden truck that exploded last Saturday at Eleyewo community in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, Isiaka Yinusa, has stated that he did not know he was carrying explosives.
- Gbajabiamila Meets NERC, Ministers, Others Over Poor Power Supply [This Day] Abuja -Following the renewed clamour for improved power supply as a result of the stay-at-home order by the federal government, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, has met with the Minister of Power, Mr. Sale Mamman and officials of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).
- Two to die by hanging in Osun for killing student
- Coronavirus: Lagos govt shuts mosque over attack on task force officials
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Ogun govt to begin stimulus package distribution on Saturday
- One killed as soldiers clash with residents while enforcing coronavirus lockdown
- Coronavirus: Edo govt suspends transport revenue collection for April
- Coronavirus: Akwa Ibom questions NCDC’s announcements, demands second tests
- Umahi signs Ebonyi COVID-19 bill into law
- COVID-19: Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates three isolation centres in Enugu
- Coronavirus: Nigeria opens another test site, recruits medical lab scientists
- Rainstorm damages houses, causes blackout in Kogi
- Lockdown: Abuja roads, streets deserted
- Presidential Broadcast: No sign language interpreter relayed Buhari’s message to persons with disabilities – Group
- Buhari mourns Emir of Jere
- APC expels Reps member over anti-party activities
- COVID-19: Bauchi officials, business community donate cash, relief items to government
- Borno Govt. sanctions 10 filling stations for hoarding petroleum products
- Coronavirus: Kano Govt shops for volunteer health workers, opens online registration
- Ganduje, wife test negative for COVID-19
- Lassa Fever: Nigeria’s death toll reaches 185
- Coronavirus: WHO seeks debt relief for developing countries
- Coronavirus: What we’re doing to prevent outbreak at prisons – Minister
- SPECIAL REPORT: Residents lament as abandoned NDDC health centres litter Imo
- INFOGRAPH: Despite international interventions, child malnutrition still high in Borno
- INVESTIGATION: Why Lagos govt’s N5.6bn cardio-renal centre remains grounded, in terrible state
- Coronavirus: Taskforce to decide on travel bans as Nigeria confirms third Covid-19 case
- Stock market index sustains sliding profile, down by 0.94 per cent
- Local airline loses N2.1 billion in three weeks
- Directors seek regulatory mechanisms to mitigate Coronavirus pandemic’s impact
- ‘41% of Nigeria’s micro-businesses owned by women’
- Lekki Port receives $221 million China harbour’s equity infusion
- BoI records N39.33b profit, disburses N234b to 10,145 enterprises
- Virus crisis forces UK banks to axe billions in payouts
- Terminal operators seek relocation of Apapa tank farms
- Investors lose N2.3tr as pandemic takes toll on stock market
- Bears sustain dominance as prices of major stocks dip
- Recapitalisation, micro-insurance hold key to sector’s growth
- Price stability, domestic content czar reigns
- Reforming microfinance to alleviate poverty, foster national development
- Small businesses still go global
- Tokyo stocks close up more than 2%
- NSITF to develop platform for self-appraisal of staffers’ performances
- Training, processes in focus at young entrepreneur awards
- SEC urges Nigerians to shun unregistered investment outfits
- Financial stocks lift NSE’s market capitalisation by N15 billion
- Investors seek reduction in cost of banks credit to MSMEs
- How CBN’s intervention will impact banking operations
- A'Ibom community tackles Mobil over 'paltry' development grant
- UNEP Report: Ogoni accuse Buhari of being slow on implementation
- ‘How shortage of gas will cripple power generation in Nigeria’
- IPMAN directs marketers to open stations for operations
- Local airlines shutdown over 70 per cent traffic slump
- Airlines hinge survival on cash bailout, loan guarantees, rebates
- Terminal operators seek relocation of Apapa tank farms
- Three banks commit over N500b to stem impact of Covid-19 pandemic
- Virus crisis forces UK banks to axe billions in payouts
- IMO criticises unnecessary ship delay amid coronavirus scare
- MTN Nigeria unveils 4G+ in Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt
- New acquisitions to emerge from Nigeria’s food, dairy businesses
- English Premier League footballers should 'take pay cut' - UK government
- Atletico Madrid players accept pay being slashed by 70%
- Donations show 'togetherness' against virus, says Rashford
- Coronavirus pause could force global football to change
- Mata trolls Matic over training regime during lockdown
- Boateng fined for leaving Munich and visiting injured son 'without permission'
- Experts task Nigerian youths on branding, entrepreneur skills
- De Bruyne vows to play two extra years after virus lockdown
- UEFA postpone all international matches scheduled for June
- Olympic sports fret over lost Games income
- FG will decide new dates for Edo 2020 in due course, says Dare
- Postponing Olympics saves athletes from mental turmoil
- At Light Academy Schools meet, director re-echoes need for grassroots development
- New date for Tokyo Olympics 'won't satisfy everybody', says Coe
- ‘I can win gold in Tokyo Olympics at 39’
- Wimbledon cancelled due to coronavirus
- Wimbledon set to be cancelled for first time since WWII
- COVID-19 forces ITTF to suspend international events till June 30
- Fury ‘targets’ unification bout with Joshua
- Hopkins, Mosley entry to Boxing Hall of Fame delayed to '21
- Fury hungry to beat Wilder in rematch
- Nine Hungarian swimmers test positive for COVID-19
- PCN mourns Para powerlifter Ndidi Nwosu
- Jordan NBA documentary finished early for April debut
- British Airways temporarily lays off 28,000 staff
- FIFA's Infantino says 'nobody knows' when football can resume
- Two to die by hanging in Osun for killing final year student
- English Premier League footballers should 'take pay cut' - UK government
- 11 more coronavirus patients discharged in Lagos
- Confusion over curfew as Rivers State government forecloses re-opening of sanctioned banks
- COVID 19: Disclose your isolation centre, NEMA tell Imo, Abia governments
- Osinbajo, Soyinka clash on COVID-19 lockdown
- US evacuate citizen who tested positive for coronavirus in Lagos
- FG refutes reports on 26 Americans arrived Lagos Airport without screening.
- Emefiele tests negative for COVID-19
Uche Usim, Abuja The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr Godwin Emefiele, has tested negative for the novel
- COVID-19: 5 reported cases in Akwa Ibom fake news – A’Ibom gov’t
Joe Effiong, Uyo Controversy has been injected into the sensational declaration of five confirmed coronavirus cases in Akwa Ibom as
- COVID-19 lockdown: Oyetola signs Osun Emergency Prevention Regulations
Clement Adeyi, Osogbo Towards enforcing the government's lockdown order aimed at preventing the spread of the deadly coronavirus pandemic in
- COVID-19: APC commends Obiano for self-isolation
Jeff Amechi Agbodo, Onitsha The All Progressive Congress (APC) in Anambra State has commended the governor of the state Chief
- Ex-Lagos police PRO Ngozi Braide heads IGP’s monitoring unit
Christopher Oji, Lagos Chief Superintendent of Police Ngozi Braide has been appointed the head of the Inspector-General of Police's (IGP)
- ASUU’s message to FG: If you don’t meet people’s need, expect rebellion
Oluseye Ojo, Ibadan The President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, has sounded a note
- COVID-19 ASUU message to FG: If you don’t meet people’s need, expect rebellion
Oluseye Ojo, Ibadan The President, Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, has warned the Federal and state
- Buratai commissions blocks of 78 flats at Ikeja cantonment, Lagos
PHILIP NWOSU The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt Gen Tukur Buratai has commissioned two blocks of 39 flats each,
- Humanitarian aid: German gov’t pledges €5.5m to Nigeria
Aidoghie Paulinus, Abuja To help the vulnerable in the society to continue having access to clean water, food and shelter,
- Police confirm killing of 22 persons by bandits in Sokoto village
Tunde Omolehin, Sokoto The Sokoto State Police Command has confirmed an attack on Gangara village in Sabon Birni Local Government
- Yuletide: Alaba president cautions members on safety, prudent spending
- AXA Mansard donates N100m life insurance cover, PPE to support fight against COVID-19
AXA Mansard, via its Health Management Organisation (HMO), AXA Mansard Health Limited , has announced a donation of Personal Protective
- Wimbart launches PR office hours for African tech startups
Wimbart has launched its first edition of Wimbart Office Hours, a webinar and mentorship programme designed to equip African startups
- Lockdown: NGF grants manufacturers’ request for unhindered movement of goods, services
Merit Ibe The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), has heeded the call of Manufacturetes Association of Nigeria (MAN) to allow unhindered,
- Nigeria adopts standards on low sulphur in turbine, marine fuel
Charles Nwaoguji The Nigerian National Technical Committee on Petroleum and Petrochemicals has reached consensus on the adoption of the International
- High interest rate poses big challenge for SMEs –Raji, Dekoraj Farms boss
Ayo Alonge, [email protected] Rilwan Raji is the Managing Director /CEO of Dekoraj Farms and Equipment Company, one of the fast-growing agriculture
- BoI posts N39.33bn profit, disburses N234bn to borrowers
With N234 billion disbursed to 10,145 enterprises, to facilitate the creating of an estimated 1 million direct and indirect jobs,
- Oil marketers lose N3.5bn
Uche Usim, (Abuja) and Adewale Sanyaolu Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria (MOMAN) says its members lost about N3.5 billion
- Donations to CACOVID relief fund hit N15bn
Uche Usim, Abuja Monetary donations by the Private Sector Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID) into an account opened at the Central
- Lockdown: Pantami orders NCC, telecos to subsidise data cost for subscribers
Benjamin Babine, Abuja Following the clamour by Nigerians for the reduction of data cost during nationwide lockdown, the Minister of
- COVID-19: Momoh calls on FG to give N20,000 loan to Nigerians
Charles Nwaoguji Abuja-based Human Right activist, Ahmed Osigwe Momoh, has called on the Federal Government in collaboration with the Central
- Psquare’s Paul Okoye welcomes twins
- Bayelsa governorship: Tribunal orders UPC to inspect electoral matters
Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa The Governorship election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja has ordered that the United People’s Congress (UPC) be
- Bayelsa/Kogi Guber: Appeal court orders INEC to respond to APP’s appeal against exclusion within 5 days
Godwin Tsa, Abuja The Abuja division of the Court of Appeal on Wednesday ordered an accelerated hearing in the appeal
- Ebonyi lawmaker declares for guber
Chijioke Agwu, Abakaliki A member of the Ebonyi State House of Assembly (EBHA), Chris Usulor, has declared his intention to
- Regional security outfits, time bomb that’ll divide Nigeria –Madaki Auta, Shehu of Borno’s Ambassador
Kenny Ashaka Chief Bata Madaki Auta, is the Wakili Shehu of Borno, the Ambassador of the Borno Emirate Council outside
- Dust over legality of president’s lockdown proclamation
Sunday Ani Following the exponential increase in the spread of the dreaded Covid-19, from less than 50 confirmed cases to
- S\East security: There should be no sacred cow –Okafor, Anambra lawmaker
David Onwuchekwa, Nnewi Mr. Nonso Smart Okafor is the youngest legislator representing Nnewi North Constituency in Anambra State House of
- COVID-19: Security experts warn that Nigeria is not ready for total lockdown
Chioma Okezie-Okeh Renowned security experts in Nigeria have warned that the country is not ready for a total lockdown as
- NJC should investigate APC’s conflicting courts’ orders –Adegoke
Lukman Olabiyi Mr. Kunle Adegoke is a legal practitioner and right activist. In this interview, he speaks on recent conflicting
- COVID 19: Need for stimulus package to cushion effects of lockdown
Chukwudi Nweje The lockdown and restrictions on movement imposed by the Federal and state governments to contain the spread of
- Is Kyari Nigeria’s de facto President?
Iliyasu Gadu Before the Covid-19 pandemic came to assume the global proportion it has now become, the major trending issue
- NCC vows to flush out Illegal SIM card agents
- Ultimate Love: Roskie wins, smiles home with N5m
After seven weeks of excitement, the duo of Rosie and Kachi, also known as Roskie, have emerged winners of the
- Identity crisis: COSON appeals court judgement
The Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON), through its lawyers, G.O Sodipo & Co, has filed a notice of appeal and
- COVID-19: Oboh urges entertainers to avoid romantic contacts
Boxer-turned cleric, Peter Oboh, has called on showbiz stars all over the world, most especially, in Nigeria to steer clear
- My plan to take homeless kids off Lagos streets -Ololade Oluwatosin, beauty queen
Tony Ogaga For Miss Nigeria International Tourism, Ololade Oluwatosin, her plan is to identify the root cause of homelessness bedeviling
- Covid-19: Don’t panic, observe precautionary measures – 2 Face Idibia
Popular Nigerian music legend, Innocent Idibia a.k.a 2Baba has urged Nigerians not to panic but rather observe precautionary measures to
- Tonto Dike pledges support in fight against coronavirus
Nigerian celebrity and founder of the Tonto Dikeh Foundation, Tonto Dikeh, has pledged free sanitisers, face masks and hand gloves
- Davido goes into self-isolation as partner, Chioma, tests positive for coronavirus
Ace Nigerian music star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, says he has decided to go into self-isolation as his
- Billionaire Oba Akinruntan unruffled over multi-billion assets’ losses
For so many years, the colourful Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, Olugbo of Ugboland, has lived as epitome of high-society life
- Billionaire’s heir apparent Dumo Lulu-Briggs laughs last
Fifteen months after the death of oil magnate and Kalabari High Chief Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs, the ensued raging war within
- Fans hail Ultimate Love Reality TV show as finale airs on Sunday
In what seemed like an uncertain start on Sunday, 9 February, the debut season of the Ultimate Love reality TV
- April 2, Banks Limit Debit Card Withdrawal Abroad
- April 2, Access Bank Innovates to Give Customers Access to Funds in COVID-19 Time
- April 2, COVID-19: Fidelity Bank Cuts Profit Target
- April 2, Unilever Donates Products to Lagos, Ogun
- April 2, Covid-19: SEC Tasks Companies on Full Disclosure to Investors
- April 2, Access Bank Innovates to Give Customers Access to Funds in COVID-19 Time
- April 2, COVID-19: Fidelity Bank Cuts Profit Target
- April 2, Unilever Donates Products to Lagos, Ogun
- April 2, Covid-19: SEC Tasks Companies on Full Disclosure to Investors
- April 2, FCMB Grows Profit to N20bn, Proposes Dividend of 14kobo Per Share
- April 2, ‘Free Service Offerings Will Lead to Network Congestion’
- April 2, Expert Promotes e-Commerce
- April 2, COVID-19 as Litmus Test for Telecoms Facilities
- April 2, COVID-19: Jumia Implements Contactless Delivery, Cashless Payments
- April 2, Stanbic IBTC Bank Offers Relief Initiatives
- April 2, Aganbi Marks 20yrs of Tech Broadcasting in ICT Advocacy
- April 2, MTN, Ericsson Commence Network-managed Operations in Benin
- April 2, 9mobile Reaffirms Commitment to Keep Nigerians Connected
- April 2, Usman: We Sensitise Traders about COVID-19
- April 2, Combating Poverty
- April 2, COVID-19: Impact on Corporate Governance Practice
- April 2, Epidemic of Fear
- April 2, COVID-19, an Awakening
- April 2, Profitable Investment in Napkins, Diaper Producing Plant
- April 2, How COVID-19 is Impacting Nigeria’s Economy
- April 2, Phase3 Telecom Supports Customers, Staff
- April 2, Why the Right Time to Invest in Crude Oil Stock is Now
Youtube data use
|| 80MB|| 200MB