- #OsunDecides2018: I’m grateful to Osun voters – Ademola Adeleke
- Nigeria is not ripe for state police ― Sheriff Deputies
- NOUS urges Buhari to reduce high mortality rate
- Three suspected armed robbery suspects killed by police in Ogun
- #OsunDecides2018: PDP rejects INEC’s ‘inconclusive’ declaration
- There is so much poverty in Nigeria under APC govt ― Saraki
- Street lighting: Lagos covers 1300km in 3 years
- 2019: PDP presidential aspirants face screening tomorrow
- Edo PDP chairman calls for resignation of INEC chairman
- APC Primary: Ikuforiji urges Epe indigenes to pray for Ambode’s second term bid
- Cut out for the job: Zainab Ahmed steps in as Finance minister
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet on Personal Loans
- Minister Kemi Adeosun: Her strides, her slumps
- NIMASA, Maritime Academy and the changing Nigerian maritime narrative
- It is unacceptable to harass our drivers —Uber boss
- Tackling unemployment with creative industries
- Unemployment to rise as NBS prepares new data
- SANEF: Creating jobs through financial inclusion
- Emefiele: 4 years of navigating Nigeria’s financial landscape
- How local banks can build capacity for infrastructure financing —Igwilo
- Ras Kimono’s wife dies 3 months after husband’s death
- Glenn Mena asks fans to ‘expect it’
- I’ve never been sexually harassed — Oyebade Adebimpe, actress
- Parents need to support their ambitious children —Producer of”Funke” Movie
- Funke Akindele, Ramsey Nouah, others nominated for Greenview Awards
- AMVCA 2018: How big players came together to promote entertainment in Nigeria
- Men send pictures of their manhood to me to examine — Angel Christopher
- 2000 audience attend ‘Witness Box’ movie premiere
- Iremide Churchboy hunts for fresh talents
- Poor fundIng, reason Nollywood can’t go global — Genevieve Nnaji
- 17,000 receiving HIV treatment in Ogun — NACA
- Cardiovascular diseases in Nigeria has doubled —Chief of Cardiology, LUTH
- Prostate cancer, an epidemic in waiting —Kuranga
- ‘Influenza, most common hospital-acquired infection in UCH’
- Declare cancer national emergency, foundation urges FG
- NGO unveils mobile app to provide health emergency services
- Artificial ripening of fruits causes cancer, liver, kidney diseases ― Experts
- Lagos inaugurates new board for LASUTH
- Expert harps on pharmacists’ new roles in public health
- Expert urges HMOs to partner Govt on health insurance education
- Pirates Kidnap 12 Crew Members of Swiss Ship [VOA] Twelve crew members of a Swiss commercial ship have been taken hostage by pirates who attacked the vessel as it sailed off the coast of Nigeria.
- Cholera Outbreak in Nigeria's Northeast Kills Nearly 100 [Deutsche Welle] The United Nations says at least 97 people have died of cholera in northeastern Nigeria over the past two weeks. As well as the outbreak, the region is grappling with attacks by local militant group Boko Haram.
- #OsunDecides2018 - Polling Units That Will Decide Osun's Next Governor [Premium Times] The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has scheduled the conclusion of the Osun State governorship election for Thursday September 27.
- INEC Declares Osun Governorship Election 'Inconclusive', Sets ReRun for Sep 27 [Premium Times] The electoral commission, INEC, has declared the Osun State governorship election "inconclusive."
- National Assembly Postpones Resumption to October 9 [Daily Trust] The National Assembly has postponed its resumption earlier slated for Tuesday, Sept 25 to October 9.
- Govt Promises to Utilise Loans From China for Projects [Guardian] The Federal Government has reiterated its commitment to use monies borrowed from the Chinese government for the development of Nigeria.
- Wizkid Threatens to Block His Chilld's Mother On WhatsApp [Leadership] The young lady who is in her 20s took to social media to explain lots of things the singer has done to her and her son. Oluwanishola in a series of shocking posts corroborated the claims of the singer's second babymama who had earlier called him out for being a deadbeat father. Citing examples and sharing screenshots of her chats, Oluwanishola talked about how Wizkid is always begged, forced by family members to pay for his child's school fees. It's always war to get the singer to pay his 7-year-old child'
- #OsunDecides2018: Adeleke, Oyetola to Battle in Re-Run Election [Premium Times] A re-run will be declared for the Osun State governorship election due to the margin of victory between the two leading candidates, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.
- Presidency - 'Nigeria Should Adopt 6-Year Single Term' [Daily Trust] A retired Permanent Secretary, Chief Robert Audu has called for the adoption of a 6-yr single tenure, starting with President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Osun Election Rerun Holds Thursday [Daily Trust] Osogbo, Lagos, Abuja -A rerun of the Osun State governorship election will hold on Thursday, September 27, 2018, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) said yesterday.
- No Basis for Declaring Osun Polls Inconclusive - Saraki [Daily Trust] Senate President Bukola Saraki said there was no basis whatsoever for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to declare the Saturday governorship election in Osun State inconclusive.
- Experts Speak On Expectations From Today's MPC Meeting [Daily Trust] Abuja and Lagos -Ahead of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) which holds its fourth meeting of the year today and tomorrow, analysts at FSDH Research believe that the most appropriate monetary policy decision under the current economic and financial market situation is to hold policy rates at the current levels despite new pressure points.
- FIRS Generates N13 Billion From Billionaire Tax Defaulters [Daily Trust] The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has generated N12.66 billion in tax revenue about a month after it commenced substitution of accounts of recalcitrant billionaire taxpayers.
- Ghana to Deport 72 Nigerian Women Allegedly for Sex Work [Daily Trust] Accra -Seventy- two Nigerian ladies arrested for illegal entry into the country and for engaging in prostitution are to be deported, according to the Ghanaian authorities.
- CBN, MTN and 4 Banks - What Lessons? [Leadership] The furore generated so far on the $8.1billion and N5.87billion sanction by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on MTN Nigeria and four banks has been one of mixed grill, laced with sentiments depending on which divide one belongs to. Some felt CBN's action amounted to witch-hunting, forgetting the apolitical stance of the Bank. Some canvassed that CBN should have been circumspect in handling the matter as its decision may send out wrong signals from a country in dire need of foreign investments. To others,
- 'Atiku Has What It Takes to Guranttee PDP Victory in 2019' [Leadership] A Group under the auspices of Waziri Frontiers Network (WFN) has called on the main opposition party, People's Democratic party (PDP) to consider givinhbthe party's ticket to former vice President Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, saying he has what it takes to guarantee victory for the party come 2019.
- Why Higher Oil Prices Cripple the Economy [Vanguard] The crash in the Naira exchange rate from N199=$1 in Dec. 2015 to almost N500=$1, by January 2016, was popularly attributed to the erosion of Nigeria's foreign reserves from a relatively lofty perch around $60bn to a less exotic retreat of about $35bn.
- Buhari 'Ll Complete East-West Road - Presidency [Vanguard] Uyo -The Presidency, weekend, reiterated the commitment of President Muhammadu Buhari to complete the East-West Road project.
- What Osun Result Means for Buhari [Vanguard] As President Muhammadu Buhari deplanes in New York this morning, he possibly will have an unusual gait. The bearing of electoral invisibility which had trailed his way since his emergence was given a direct poke in the country he left behind yesterday.
- Atiku, Saraki, CDD React to Osun Governorship Election Results [Premium Times] A former vice president and opposition Peoples Democratic Party presidential aspirant, Atiku Abubakar, and Senate President Bukola Saraki have extended support to the party's Osun State governorship candidate, Ademola Adeleke.
- Fintechs, Banks Await Regulation On Open Banking [This Day] Operators of financial technology (fintech) companies and banks have urged the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) be more innovative in designing the framework for open banking in the country.
- Before Banks Downsize Loan Portfolio to Businesses [Guardian] Reports that banks in the country have been reducing their loan portfolio to businesses should not be taken lightly by the power elite and those who have responsibility to manage the economy.
- Men Are Like Babies When It Comes to Sex - AfroCandy [Vanguard] U.S.-based Nigerian actress and singer, Judith Mazagwu, popularly known as Afrocandy is a bundle of tricks, who gets even more mysterious as more as you try to understand her.
- Saraki Faults Declaration of Osun Poll Inconclusive [This Day] Abuja -Senate President Bukola Saraki has disagreed with the Independent National Electoral Commission over its declaration that Osun gubernatorial election results were inconclusive.
- National Assembly Extends Recess By Two Weeks [This Day] Abuja -The National Assembly has extended its annual vacation by two weeks. The Assembly which went on annual vacation on July 24 is now to reconvene on Tuesday, October 9.
- WHO Alerts On Rise in Alcohol-Related Deaths [Guardian] The World Health Organisation (WHO) has raised the alarm on the rise in alcohol-related deaths globally.
- Experts Raise the Alarm Over Maternal Death Rate in Kaduna [Guardian] Kaduna -Health officials in Kaduna State, under the Maternal and Peri-Natal Deaths Surveillance and Responses (MPDSR), have said that the state recorded about 123 maternal deaths out of 10,453 deliveries in 30 secondary and tertiary facilities between January and June this year.
- Stock Exchange's Premium Index Gets 49% Returns in Three Years [Guardian] After three years of establishment, the seven listed companies constituting the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Premium Board Index raised activities on the platform with a 48.53 per cent gain.
- Makarfi Faults Inconclusive Results, Hopeful of PDP's Victory [Guardian] Kaduna -A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential aspirant, Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi, has said that the party is sure of victory despite the re-run elections declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
- Labour Declares Stand Today On Minimum Wage [Guardian] The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) is not ruling out strike to reopen stalled negotiations on its demand for better wages, NLC president, Ayuba Wabba, told The Guardian in an exclusive interview yesterday.
- IT News Africa: Most read articles of the week It’s been another insightful week in the world of technology. The annual Gartner Symposium ITXPO kicked off at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on Monday, 17 September 2018 which unpacked an array of topics including data & analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, culture, customer experience, cybersecurity, and more. IBM...
- Security a key issue as most organisations start digital transformation 67% of organisations have embarked on digital transformation journeys, and South African companies are not lagging behind. But going digital can increase security risks, warns Fortinet. Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated...
- MEST unveils new tech incubator in Nairobi The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) has recently launched its fourth incubator and tech hub in Nairobi, Kenya. This will serve as its flagship East African space, joining hubs in Ghana, Nigeria and South Africa. The incubator will...
- SecureTower 6.2 is now available for South Africa The new version of SecureTower 6.2 is now available for South Africa and across Sub-Sahara Africa. It is offered by Falcongaze through distribution partner Bitrate who has provided ICT solutions through a partner network of hundreds of companies in the Sub...
- The battle for game of the year is on The year is slowly coming to a close, which means that the battle for the 2018 Game of the Year has officially begun. So far, the first half of 2018 brought us some phenomenal games… One notable release, which is the top contender for the 2018 Game of...
- Fake finance apps on Google Play target users worldwide Another set of fake finance apps has found its way into the official Google Play store. This time, the apps have impersonated six banks from New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Poland, and the Austrian cryptocurrency exchange Bitpanda....
- Liquid Telecom partners with Zindi to accelerate Africa’s data science ecosystem Pan-African telecoms group, Liquid Telecom, has announced a partnership with Zindi to support the rollout of its new data science competition platform across Africa. Zindi was launched last week at the AI Expo Africa in Cape Town, providing a platform for...
- MWEB partners with SAP to deploy S/4HANA Public Cloud platform In a time when an economic slowdown is putting increasing pressure on businesses to maintain costs, how does a leader in the highly-competitive Internet Service Provider (ISP) sector position the organisation to deliver unprecedented value? For MWEB, it’s...
- MTN Uganda and Mastercard diversify mobile money service MTN Uganda in partnership with Mastercard and United Bank for Africa (UBA) have announced a new online payments service. Through this partnership, MTN MoMo customers will use a virtual card to shop or make payments at the vast network of global outlets...
- Member States urged to explore new sources of financing in Central Africa “Financing industrialization is not only about chasing money,” said Antonio Pedro, Director of the ECA Subregional Office for Central Africa. “We need to look at the soft and hard infrastructure that will then create the necessary enablers for money to...
- EcoSlips app set to reduce waste impact on environment The City of Johannesburg has told ratepayers that we are left with less than three years before the city runs out of space at landfill sites. The consequences of this could be dire for residents, as they would be forced to carry the costs of having their...
- Samsung Galaxy A7 set to feature three rear cameras Samsung Electronics has revealed that it will be releasing a new smartphone. The latest device from the mobile phone manufacturer comes in the form of the Samsung Galaxy A7 smartphone. The Galaxy A7 smartphone is expected to launch at the end of September...
- Airtel Nigeria deploys 4G LTE in Anambra State Airtel Nigeria has announced the deployment of 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution Service) in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi and other major cities and towns in Anambra State. Airtel says the switch to an upgraded 4G network in Anambra will boost trade and commerce; empower...
- Rockstar announces Red Dead Online Rockstar Games, the video game publisher famed for titles like Grand Theft Auto 5 and LA Noire, have announced Red Dead Online, an online accompaniment to the release of Red Dead Redemption 2. Red Dead Online is set to launch in November 2018 as a public...
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite to launch 5 October 2018 Huawei’s new Mate 20 Lite, which will be launched in South Africa on 5 October 2018, will have multiple new features – as revealed by the firm. Perhaps the most eagerly anticipated of these is the device’s four AI cameras – two rear-facing and two...
- Africa sees increase in smartphone shipments in the second quarter of 2018 A total of 22.4 million smartphones were shipped in Africa during the second quarter of this year (Q2 2018), according to the latest insights from International Data Corporation (IDC). The global technology research and consulting firm’s Quarterly...