- Nigeria to meet Niger Delta leaders, militants on October 31 - Reuters
- MTN suspends Nigeria dividend payout - Premium Times
- Need to placate the gods of Nigeria - Vanguard
Need to placate the gods of NigeriaVanguardNIGERIA should seek to be included in the Guinness Book of Records as the only country that has defeated all kinds of communications – telephone, radio wave communications, GSM. None has worked successfully in Nigeria; but the operators of each have ...
- IMF's growth forecast for Nigeria, others dim - Guardian
IMF's growth forecast for Nigeria, others dimGuardianHopes of a quick recovery from the ongoing economic crisis in Nigeria and sub-Sahara Africa are dim, going by the latest forecast of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). IMF, in its World Economic Outlook released yesterday pointed out that the ...and more »
- Nigeria's economic problems rooted in corruption – Justice Minister - Premium Times
- 42 foreign investors arrive Nigeria by Feb. 2017 – Audu Ogbeh - Vanguard
- Redefining capital in Nigerian context - Guardian
Redefining capital in Nigerian contextGuardianThe fusion of its population strength with human capacity development will give Nigeria a competitive advantage both locally and globally; otherwise, the population strength becomes a threat to its continuous existence and development. China, the world ...and more »
- Nigeria unserious about non-oil exports - Vanguard News - Vanguard
- BREAKING: Former Presidential Spokesman, Reuben Abati, Arrested - Premium Times
- EU and Nigeria to begin talks on sending economic migrants home - Financial Times
- Ex-Abuja Minister, Bala Mohammed, Arrested [Premium Times] A former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Bala Mohammed, has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, PREMIUM TIMES learnt late Monday.
- Buhari's Party Takes Responsibility for Poor Economy [Premium Times] After several months of blaming the erstwhile ruling party, PDP, for the current state of Nigeria's economy, the APC has accepted responsibility.
- Dangote Beats Arik, Multichoice, Dana in Social Responsibility [Premium Times] Dangote Group has emerged Nigeria's best Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company in 2016, a survey by Governance Advancement Initiative for Nigeria (GAIN) has shown.
- NGO Raises Alarm Over Increasing Cases of Girl Defilement [Leadership] Arrida Relief Foundation, a civil society organisation, on Monday pleaded with the Kaduna State Government to take urgent actions to stem the rising cases of defilement of underage girls.
- Don't Provoke Us to Attack Nigeria - Militants [Vanguard] Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, yesterday, served a fresh warning to the Federal Government that it would resume bombing of oil facilities if government made any further mistake to enter into negotiation with selfish leaders in the region that represented themselves instead of the interest of the people.
- Former Presidential Spokesman Arrested [Premium Times] A former presidential spokesperson, Reuben Abati, has been arrested.
- I Salute Brave Aisha Buhari! [Observer] I strongly disagree with Kigo Thinker Norah Owaraga who expressed disappointment with Nigeria's first lady Aisha Buhari's utterances on her husband's performance, especially regarding government appointments.
- JAMB Moves to Scrap Cut Off Marks [Daily Trust] The Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Is-haq Oloyede has called for a national debate on the propriety of cut off marks saying institutions should be allowed to determine the kind of candidates they wanted.
- Hunters Kill Seven Boko Haram Suspects in Adamawa [This Day] Yola -Seven Boko Haram insurgents have been reportedly killed by hunters drafted for the fight against insurgency, at Ghantsa area of Makwan Village in Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
- Why I Turned Down Buhari's Nomination As Ambassador - Ex-Minister, Tallen [Premium Times] A former deputy governor of Plateau, Pauline Tallen, has said that she turned down her ambassadorial nomination in order to be fair to other parts of the state in terms of federal appointments.
- Ladies, Do You Belong to the 'Other Room?' [New Times] I'm not a big Beyoncé fan but I respect her all the more now. She and her Destiny's Child bandmates had a string of hits years ago including Bills, Bills, Bills, Independent Women and Survivor. Google them if this is News to you.
- Sokoto Govt, Army Team Up to Establish New Schools [This Day] Sokoto State government and the Nigerian Army have teamed up to establish two new schools in Sokoto town and Shagari local government area.
- Army Arrests Suspected Terrorists [Daily Trust] Nigerian troops have arrested 21 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Borno State, North-East Nigeria, according to a statement by Col. Sani Usman, the Army Spokesman.
- Buhari's Advisers Explain Legal Justification of Arrest of Judges [Premium Times] As controversy continues to trail the crackdown on allegedly corrupt judges, the Muhammadu Buhari administration has commenced circulation of a document to educate Nigerians about the legality of measures taken.
- Investigation - How a University Encourages Child Labour [Premium Times] A typical day for 13-year-old Abdulrahman Ismail, a resident of Samaru Zaria, starts at 5 a.m.
- Nigeria's Economic Problems Rooted in Corruption - Justice Minister [Premium Times] The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has attributed current political, social and economic problems in Nigeria to corruption.
- Fear of Landmines Scares Adamawa Farmers, Jibrilla Says [Daily Trust] Yola/Ilorin -As Ahmed canvasses multi-layer policing for Nigeria
- Jimoh Ibrahim Asks INEC to Remove Ondo REC Before Gov'ship Poll [Daily Trust] Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim has called for the removal of the Ondo State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) before the November 26 governorship election in the state.
- We Complied With Fund Transfer Rules - MTN [Daily Trust] Lagos -MTN said it complied with Nigerian fund transfer rules and did not send money out of the country until it obtained regulatory approvals.
- Abuja Community Protest Army Encroachment On Land [Daily Trust] Residents of Tungan Maje community, near Zuba, Abuja, have called on the government to protect their land and property from encroachment by the Nigerian Army.
- Congratulations, Oba of Benin [Daily Trust] The coronation of the Crown Prince of Benin, Ambassador Eheneden Erediauwa, last week as the new Oba of Benin is expected to usher in a new era of peace and development in Benin Kingdom, Edo State and beyond. The new Oba who is the 40th Oba of the Kingdom is to be known as Oba Ewuare II.
- Recession - Building Materials Record Low Sales [Daily Trust] The economic recession affecting the country has led to decrease in the buying of building materials, Daily Trust investigation has revealed.
- Hoarding, Foreigners Endanger Bumper Harvest [Daily Trust] Abuja/Dutse/Kaduna -Gains from expected bumper harvests are under threats from several fronts, Daily Trust reports. These include massive grains export and large scale purchase by produce merchants with intent to hoard and cause artificial scarcity.
- MTV Awards - Yemi Alade Emerges Africa Best Female Singer [Guardian] Nigerian Afro-pop star, Yemi Alade, has emerged the 'Best Female Artist' of the MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMAs) for the second consecutive year.
- Miyetti Allah Alerts FG Over Ekiti Grazing Law ...Condemns Godogodo Attacks [Daily Trust] The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigerian (MACBAN) has called on the Federal Government to wade into attacks on its members by the newly inaugurated Ekiti Grazing Enforcement Marshals.
- TNFI Extols Govt, Military Over Chibok Girls' Release [Leadership] Boko Haram insurgents describing the development as a great indicator that the rest of the girls who are still in captivity would also gain freedom.
- Access Bank Eurobond Paves Way for Funding [This Day] Relief may soon come the way of Nigeria's foreign exchange-starved economy, following the successful raising of $300 million by Access Bank Plc via a Eurobond from the international market recently.
- London Stock Exchange Provides U.S.$26 Billion for African Companies in 10 Years [This Day] The London Stock Exchange (LSE) has provided $26.1 billion for African companies in the last 10 years, the Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Mr. Oscar Onyema has said.
- Electoral Reform Committee Seeks Memoranda From Members of Public [This Day] The Constitution and Electoral Reform Committee set up by the federal government to review the electoral system in Nigeria and make recommendations and draft bills for the improvement of the system has called for memoranda from members of the public, political parties, stakeholders, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and other interest groups.
- Lawyer, Unemployed Graduate Sue FCC, FIRS [This Day] Benin City -A legal practitioner, Rupert Irikefe and an unemployed graduate of gas engineering, Sunny Sekegor, have dragged the Federal Character Commission (FCC) and the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) before the Federal High Court in Abuja, over what they described as alleged illegal and secret recruitment of 370 persons on April 21, 2016 without following their own guidelines for recruitment.
- Why are banks struggling to implement big data? Financial institutions are ideally positioned to reap a host of benefits from big data, given their access to multiple streams of information. However, most banks are still standing at the edge of the big data wave, hesitant to take the plunge. Despite their prime placement to take advantage of this phenomenon, there are three important [&hellip...
- Red Hat, Ericsson join forces on Open Source Red Hat, a leading provider of open source solutions and Ericsson share a common belief in the power of open source to transform the ICT (information and communications technology) market. Today, they announce a broad alliance to deliver fully open source...
- Deloitte invests further in Internet of Things The Internet of Things (IoT) has rapidly assumed the status of a business mega-trend. While some forward-thinking businesses, government agencies and other organisations have already taken the first steps in implementing IoT components, it is easy to be...
- South Africa: Public Transport app wins TADHack challenge Mobi Moola, an app aimed at enabling cellphone users to pay for public transport using their airtime, was named the winner at the first TADHack challenge in South Africa. MTN and its sponsor partners brought the international telecoms developer challenge to...
- Tanzania: Tigo launches Digital Award Tigo Tanzania, in partnership with the non-profit organization, Reach for Change (Africa.ReachforChange.org), has launched its 5th annual ‘Tigo Digital Changemakers’ Award competition. The competition aims at identifying and supporting social...
- Nigeria: Etisalat lauded for contribution to sports The Oyo State Government has showered encomiums on Nigeria’s Etisalat, for its commitment and contributions to youth development in the country. The State Commissioner for Education, Professor Adeniyi Olowofela, gave this commendation when a team of...
- South Africa: Galaxy Note7 not allowed on flights Samsung South Africa, in support of the global recall and banning of Galaxy Note7 devices from flights, is implementing an exchange programme with exchange kiosks at major local airports. As a precautionary measure Samsung South Africa is setting up these...
- Botswana Power Corporation and Liquid Telecom ink JV Botswana Power Corporation (BPC) and Liquid Telecom have agreed to enter into a joint venture. The agreement will see BPC lease excess optical fibres from its network to Liquid Telecom, creating a new telecoms network provider with extensive reach across...
- 5 ways to lower your cellular charges while travelling Being in a completely strange place without having anything in common,exploring new cultures and destinations brings you the ultimate happiness. You can have the time of your life until something very ‘’little’’ just spoils your entire vacation. One...
- 2-day bootcamp for mobile tech startups in Cape Town announced Early-stage venture capital firm and innovation accelerator, Nest has announced a partnership with MTN Solution Space at the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business (UCT GSB) to launch an intensive 2-day bootcamp for mobile tech startups in Cape...
- South Africa: Students to enjoy free internet access on university campuses South Africa’s university students will now be able to access their online curriculum without incurring data costs, thanks to a decision by MTN to zero rate access to university online content. MTN announced that it will allow university students free...
- Mastercard, Ecobank ink deal to reach 100 Million customers by 2020 The Ecobank Group has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Mastercard to roll-out Masterpass QR, a mobile payment solution, across 33 African countries. This new agreement will give Ecobank the scale and capacity to achieve its 100 million customer...
- 6 things you didn’t know you could do with your smartphone A majority of us have and use smartphones on the daily, but how many of us actually maximize its functions? Aside from voice calls, social networking, telling the time, listening to music and maybe using the device as a flashlight, there are so many other...
- South African mobile operator offers free access on campuses Cell C will offer students from universities across the country free access to university websites in a bid to assist them to access course material necessary to complete the year. “We know students are facing a tough time at the moment, and many need to...
- Uber Nigeria partners FirstBank in used vehicle finance deal Uber Nigeria (Uber.com) today announced that it is now making low-interest, used-vehicle loans available to its top-rated driver-partners. The pioneering move is the result of partnerships entered into between Uber Nigeria and First Bank of Nigeria Limited,...
- Kenya: Ringier partners with entertainment brand, Ghafla As part of its continued expansion, Ringier Africa Digital Publishing (RADP), Ringier Africa’s publishing company, will work with Kenya’s top entertainment website ‘Ghafla’ (Ghafla.co.ke). The partnership sees Kenya’s leading entertainment platform...
- FAAC: 30% allocation drops may affect 2016 budget implementation — NEITI Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, NEITI, said disbursements from the Federation Account to the three tiers of government plunged by 30 per cent in the first half of 201...
- New policy empowers NJC to suspend judges
- Finally, APC takes reponsibility for recession
- FG to upgrade 7 cancer centres …plans two machines for each centre
- Curbing cybercrime: Ministry to partner agencies -Shittu
- Humans, cattle can’t co-habit in Abuja, Minister tells herders Following public condemnation that has trailed cattle rearing in Abuja Municipal Area Council, Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Bello, Monday, told herdsmen in the terri...
- FG tasked on running of IDPs’ camps Medical Social Workers under the aegis of Association of Medical Social Workers of Nigeria (AMSWON), have called on the Federal Government to as a matter of urgency ensure the involvement of...
- Iraq: ISIS fighters flee to Syria