25-killed-in-Syria-regime-strikes-in-Idlib-province">April 26, 2015 : Bayo Akinloye
- Nigeria Recalls Diplomats From South Africa Over Attacks - ABC News
- Okorocha wins Imo governorship election - The Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria recalls envoy to SA over attacks on foreigners - News24
- Nigerian Publisher, Toyin Akinosho, flees Nigeria after escaping assassination - Premium Times
- Boko Haram In Nigeria Runs Out Of Weapons, Ammunition As Nigerian Army ... - International Business Times
- Taraba voters reject Nigeria's first female governor - The News
- Team Nigeria Struggles In Mauritius - The Guardian Nigeria
The Guardian Nigeria
Team Nigeria Struggles In MauritiusThe Guardian NigeriaBut Nigeria nearly missed participation in this year's edition in Mauritius, following 'serious' financial challenge. Apart from arriving late at the venue, the team was forced to cut down the number of athletes from 27 to 12. Only three officials ...
- Government To Relinguish Stake In NSE After Demutualisation - The Guardian Nigeria
- IMF Recommends Policy Continuity, Subsidy Removal For Nigeria - The Guardian Nigeria
- Church Of Nigeria, Anglican Communion Consecrates Three Bishops - The Guardian Nigeria
Church Of Nigeria, Anglican Communion Consecrates Three BishopsThe Guardian Nigeriaernest onuoha 1 TODAY, all roads lead to All Saints Cathedral Church Onitsha in Anambra State for the consecration of three new Bishops for the Church of Nigeria, (Anglican Communion). It is heartwarming to note that the incumbent Bishop and the host ...
- Abuja Recalls Top Envoys to South Africa [Leadership] The federal government has recalled its high commissioner to South Africa, Martin Cobham, and his deputy, Uche Okeke, to protest the continued attacks by South Africans on Nigerians and other foreigners in the former apartheid enclave.
- We Don't Blame Nigeria for Boko Haram, Says Pretoria [SA Govt] The South African Government takes note that the outgoing Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has recalled its Acting High Commissioner to South Africa.
- Explosion Hits Jos [Vanguard] There has been an explosion in a Nigerian Army facility in Jos, Plateau State.
- South Africa's Envoy Explains... [Guardian] Mr. Lulu Louis Mnguni, is South Africa's High commissioner to Nigeria. In a chat with ABOSEDE MUSARI, he explains what is being done by his government to salvage the situation generated by the recent xenophobic attacks on foreign nationals in South Africa.
- Explosion Hits Jos Barracks [Daily Trust] Jos -An explosion has occurred at a Nigerian Army facility at the 3 Armed Division in Rukuba, near Jos, Plateau State but casualty figures are yet to be ascertained.
- Keshi's Return, Any Hope for S'eagles? [Independent (Lagos)] Lagos -There is the saying that, "You don't learn how to use the left hand at old age," or "A leopard cannot change its spots." These proverbs mean that a person cannot change his character after becoming an adult.
- INEC, PDP Still Compiling Rivers Election Results, APC Alleges [Independent (Lagos)] Lagos -Several days after elections in Rivers State, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in collusion with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was still compiling results in the state.
- Boko Haram - EU to Support Borno Children With N325 Million [Independent (Lagos)] Abuja -The European Union (EU) has approved a grant of N325 million for community-based psychosocial support and protection of children and adolescents in Borno State.
- Rivers APC, INEC Bicker Over Access to Election Materials [Guardian] The All Progressives Congress and Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Resident Electoral Commissioner, REC, in Rivers State, have bickered over access to electoral materials used for the April 11 elections.
- Bomb Rocks Army Barracks in Plateau [Premium Times] An explosion has occurred at a military facility in Plateau State with yet unknown number of casualties, witnesses and a security source said.
- Lagos PDP Chieftain Hails Akpabio, Udom Over A'ibom Gov Poll [Independent (Lagos)] Lagos -Prince Don Ekefre, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State, has praised the out-going governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio, for working hard to ensure the success of Udom Emmanuel in the just-concluded governorship election in the state.
- Two Soldiers Killed in Jos Army Barracks Explosion [Independent (Lagos)] An explosion, which went off at the headquarters of the Third Armoured Division, Maxwell Khobe Cantonment, located at Bassa Local Government Council of Plateau State on Saturday has left two soldiers dead, while another soldier sustained serious injuries.
- Private Investors Boosts Medical Diagnostics in Nigeria [Independent (Lagos)] A group of private investors led by foremost entrepreneur, Professor Pat Utomi, have staked resources into medical healthcare, as they formally unveiled Afriglobal Medicare, a high-profile diagnostic outfit, in Lagos.
- Igbobi College Pledges to Improve On Achievements [Independent (Lagos)] Lagos -Chairman of the Board of Governors (BOG) of Igbobi College, Yaba, Lagos, Dr. Mrs. Olufemi Ogunsanya, has assured that the 83-year-old school will continue to improve on its past achievements.
- Ajero's NLC Moves to Woo Buhari [Independent (Lagos)] Joe Ajero's faction of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has said it plans to hold a pre-Workers' Day rally in the country to sensitise the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari on some urgent needs of Nigerians.
- The APC Surprise in Benue [Independent (Lagos)] As the 2015 elections approached, People'sDemocratic Party's (PDP's) spin-doctors had good reasons to place Benue State firmly under the grip of the biggest party in Africa.
- Group Flays Influx of Ex-Governors to Senate [Independent (Lagos)] Abuja -A legislative advocacy group, Friends in the Gap Advocacy Initiative (FGAI), has criticised the continued influx of former governors to the Senate, describing the trend as unhealthy for the nation's democracy.
- Between Awolowo and Tinubu [Independent (Lagos)] It has become seemingly pervasive among some overzealous political activists to seek to compare Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Governor Emeritus of Lagos State and National Leader of the ruling party in-waiting, the All Progressives Congress (APC), with Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the late Premier of the defunct Western Region. Such comparison has not only led to some hazy conclusions, but also tend to unduly obfuscate the peculiarities of the dynamics that separate Awolowo politics from that of the present era. Su
- Fans Connect With Chivita At Match Viewing Centre [Independent (Lagos)] In a bid to re-emphasize and add flavour to the partnership between Chivita and famed football club, Manchester United, Chi Limited, makers of the leading fruit juice brand at the weekend, held a free screening of the football match between Manchester United and Chelsea FC.
- Needed! a More Responsive National Sports Commission [Independent (Lagos)] Lagos -The National Sports Commission (NSC) was created in December 2006 and has witnessed some reviews lately to make it effective and responsive to the yearnings of the sports fraternity in the country.
- Common Entrance - 86,000 Jostle for 24,000 Spaces [Independent (Lagos)] Abuja -No fewer than 86,365 candidates seeking admission into any of the Unity Colleges across the federation sat for the annual National Common Entrance Examination at various centres nationwide on Saturday.
- Dela - Women With Large Heart for Underprivilege [Independent (Lagos)] Though they were all gorgeously dressed in well-tailored purple cord-lace attires, they all looked ravishingly beautiful, wearing broad smiles.
- Ofoyenu Wins Parallel Delta NLC Election [Independent (Lagos)] Asaba -The Delta State chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has elected David Ofoyeno, a member of the National Union of Local Government Employee (NULGE), as chairman.
- Wapp Unveils Revelations From Study On Pesticide Use in Nigeria [Independent (Lagos)] The West Africa Agricultural Productivity Programme (WAPP) has unveiled revelations from the Baseline studies that were carried out in nine states on the present status of the use, registration and regulation of pesticides in Nigeria.
- Taekwondo Federation Mourns Patron Chukwumerije [Independent (Lagos)] Nigeria Taekwondo Federation (NTF) has described the death of its patron, Senator Uche Chukwumerije as a big loss to the sport in Nigeria.
- We Won't Disappoint Kaduna People, Say APC Chietain [Independent (Lagos)] Kaduna -Chairman, Kaduna State All Progressives Congress (APC) Transition Committee, Balarabe Abbas Lawal, at the weekend said the committee would not disappoint the people of the state after taking over from Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) come May 29.
- Hunters Task Buhari On Rule of Law [Independent (Lagos)] Lagos -The National Hunters Association of Nigeria, Ikorodu Chapter, Lagos, has charged President-elect Muhammadu Buhari to ensure that everybody in the country obeys the law, irrespective of position or party affiliation, in order to fight corruption effectively during his tenure.
- Tennis - Nigerian Stars Perfect Strategies for Abuja Open [Independent (Lagos)] Lagos. -No fewer than three top tennis players in Nigeria have confirmed their participation in the maiden edition of the Tombim Abuja Open.
- Man, 28, Killed in Nasarawa Over Tussle for Girl Friend [Independent (Lagos)] The police in Nasarawa State on Saturday confirmed the killing of one Yusuf Salihu, 28, by another man in an apparent tussle over a girl friend in Akwanga Local Government Area of the state.
- 'Why Buhari Must Ensure Peace in Nigeria' [Independent (Lagos)] Lagos -Human rights activists have called on the President-elect, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, to ensure that Nigeria remains as one peaceful and indivisible country after May 29 handover date.
- Mercy Aigbe’s Mag Divas Boutique Hiring Sales Manager Living In Ojodu/Ogba Lagos
- Photos: Hon. Desmond Elliott Returns To Set With Kelvin Ikeduba & Kiki Omeili
- Funke Akindele Joins Nollywood Actresses Using Skin Bleaching Cream
- Ini Edo Called An Harlot For Wearing Mini Dress To 33rd Birthday Party, 2 Women Walked Out On Her
- Photos: The Day Uche Jombo’s Bestie’s Birthday Turns Baby, Money Shower
- Uche Jombo Overdue, Her Baby Due Date Has Passed – Colleague
- Omotola Jalade Heads To South Africa, Speaks About ONE Campaign Ambassadorial Role
- Yemi Blaq Denies He’s Dating Juliet Ibrahim, Says Wife Tells Him To Kiss Mercy Johnson & Rita Dominic
- Photos: Ini Edo Wears Mini Dress To 33rd Birthday Party In VI Lagos
- Nollywood Actress Mary Adufe Says Producers Still Sleeping With Actresses, Narrates Her Ordeal
- Photos: Tonto Dikeh Burns Fake Designer Bags After Dencia Promises To Pay Pearl Chuks
- Close Up Deal: Sanyeri, Odunlade Adekola, Femi Adebayo, Muyiwa Ademola Smile To The Bank
- Photos: Uche Ogbodo Returns To Nollywood With Liz Benson & Fredrick Leonard
- Photos: Explosion At Allen Gas In Isolo Lagos Killed 10, Several Injured
- Photo: Man Who Killed Neigbour In Lagos Last Sunday Says He’s Possessed By Evil Spirit
- Fatal Accident On Benin Warri Highway: 4 Killed While Traveling For Burial
- 2 Nigerian Soldiers Killed In Ammunition Explosion Accident In Jos Plateau State
- Photos: Fatal Accident In Ikorodu Lagos..Container Fell & Crushed 2 Vehicles, 4 Killed, Several Injured
- Mum Of Orekoya Boys Kidnapper, Esther Adeyemi Says Dad, A Police CSO Killed During Ife & Modakeke War
- Married Pastor Turned Facebook Scammer Arrested In Enugu For Duping Single Lady
- Blind Survivors Of Malokun goddess Revenge Attack In Ode Irele Ondo State Lament On Hospital Bed
- Photos: Police Tortured Transgender Woman Veronica Bolina In Brazilian Prison For Attacking Neighbour
- Malawi Closed Down All South African Businesses Over Xenophobia & Illegal Deportation
- Inside Sambisa Forest: Nigerian Military Releases Video Of Troops Exiting Boko Haram Stronghold
- Gombe APC Politician Affan Abuya Says Police Planning To Assassinate Him For Supporting Buhari
- Early Morning Jogger Stabbed To Death In Badagry Lagos, Killers Dumped Corpse Near Church
The All Progressives Congress has said that former governor of Oyo State and the defeated candidate of the Accord Party in the last governorship election in the state, Senator Rashidi Ladoja, is an anti-democratic agent. The party claimed that Ladoja did not have respect for the wishes of the people of Oyo. The party also… [Read More…]
25 killed in Syria regime strikes in Idlib province At least 25 people were killed on Sunday in Syrian government air strikes on the rebel-held town of Darkush in northwestern Idlib province, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitor said. The Britain-based group said women and children were among the dead in the strikes, which came a day after the regime lost control of 15-Comments-
The-All-Progressives-Congress-candidate-in-the-just-concluded-governorship-election-in-Taraba-State,-Sen.-Aisha-Alhassan,-has-rejected-the-results-of-the-poll-as-announced-by-INEC-on-Sunday.-Addressing-a-press-conference-in-Jalingo,-shortly-after-the-announcement-of-the-results,-Alhassan-described-the-entire-elections-process-as-a-“daylight-robbery”-and-said-the… [Read-More…]-Kwara-PDP-inaugurates-five-committees-for-repositioning">April 26, 2015 : nan
The All Progressives Congress candidate in the just-concluded governorship election in Taraba State, Sen. Aisha Alhassan, has rejected the results of the poll as announced by INEC on Sunday. Addressing a press conference in Jalingo, shortly after the announcement of the results, Alhassan described the entire elections process as a “daylight robbery” and said the… [Read More…]
Kwara PDP inaugurates five committees for repositioning The Peoples Democratic Party in Kwara has set up five committees to reposition the party after its defeat in the April 11 governorship election. Dr Rex Olawoye, Publicity Secretary of the party said in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Ilorin. He said the committees were set up after Saturday’s meeting 27-Comments-
Gunmen-suspected-to-be-Fulani-herdsmen,-on-Saturday-evening-numbering-over-fifty-attacked-and-killed-ten-people,-mostly-women-and-children-in-Guma-local-government-area-of-Benue-state.-Details-later…-Toll-mounts-as-Nepal-searches-for-earthquake-survivors">April 26, 2015 : Daniel Gbabo, Makurdi
Gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, on Saturday evening numbering over fifty attacked and killed ten people, mostly women and children in Guma local government area of Benue state. Details later…
Toll mounts as Nepal searches for earthquake survivors Rescuers in Nepal are searching for survivors of a magnitude 7.8 quake that killed nearly 2,000, including 17 on Everest, digging through rubble in the devastated capital, Kathmandu. Residents of Kathmandu were jolted by a fresh magnitude 6.7 aftershocks on Sunday that compounded the worst disaster to hit the Himalayan nation in more than 80 24-Comments-
Mr-Daruis-Ishaku-of-the-Peoples-Democratic-Party-has-won-the-Taraba-supplementary-governorship-election-held-on-Saturday.-The-Returning-Officer,-Prof-Kyari-Mohammed,-who-announced-the-result-on-Sunday-in-Jalingo,-said-Ishaku-scored-369,318-votes-to-emerge-victorious.-He-said-Sen.-Aisha-Alhassan-of-the-All-Progressives-Congress-came-second-with-275,984-votes,… [Read-More…]-Africa-Vaccination-Week:-Board-targets-14,000-IDPs-in-FCT">April 26, 2015 : nan
Mr Daruis Ishaku of the Peoples Democratic Party has won the Taraba supplementary governorship election held on Saturday. The Returning Officer, Prof Kyari Mohammed, who announced the result on Sunday in Jalingo, said Ishaku scored 369,318 votes to emerge victorious. He said Sen. Aisha Alhassan of the All Progressives Congress came second with 275,984 votes,… [Read More…]
Africa Vaccination Week: Board targets 14,000 IDPs in FCT The FCT Primary Health Care Development Board, said on Saturday that 14,000 Internally Displaced Persons in seven camps in the territory would benefit from its free medical outreach. The Executive Secretary of the board, Dr Rilwanu Muhammad, made this known in Abuja during the inauguration of the April 2015 National Immunisation plus Days organised to Leave-a-Comment-
At-least-18-mountaineers-have-been-confirmed-killed-in-the-avalanche-in-Mount-Qomolangma,-triggered-by-a-major-earthquake-on-Saturday,-Nepal’s-Tourism-Department-told-Xinhua-on-Sunday.-UN-asks-Indonesia-not-to-execute-drug-convicts">April 26, 2015 : Xinhua
At least 18 mountaineers have been confirmed killed in the avalanche in Mount Qomolangma, triggered by a major earthquake on Saturday, Nepal’s Tourism Department told Xinhua on Sunday.
UN asks Indonesia not to execute drug convicts Ban Ki-moon, the United Nations secretary-general, has appealed to Indonesia to stop the planned executions of nine prisoners within days for drug-related crimes. The nine – from Australia, Nigeria, Brazil, Ghana, the Philippines, and Indonesia – have been transported to the high-security prison island of Nusakambangan, where they are set to face a firing squad, 1-Comment-
Kenyan-soldiers-on-Saturday-rescued-two-Kenyans-who-had-been-abducted-on-Friday-by-suspected-Al-Shabaab-militants-in-Mandera-county-in-the-northeast-region,-officials-confirmed-on-Saturday.-The-military-rescued-Adan-Malel-Kulac-and-Adan-Hassan-Affey-who-were-abducted-in-Arabia-town-late-on-Saturday.-Mandera-County-Commissioner-Alex-Nkoyo-also-clarified-that… [Read-More…]-Violence-erupts-in-Baltimore-over-death-in-police-custody">April 26, 2015 : Xinhua
Kenyan soldiers on Saturday rescued two Kenyans who had been abducted on Friday by suspected Al-Shabaab militants in Mandera county in the northeast region, officials confirmed on Saturday. The military rescued Adan Malel Kulac and Adan Hassan Affey who were abducted in Arabia town late on Saturday. Mandera County Commissioner Alex Nkoyo also clarified that… [Read More…]
Violence erupts in Baltimore over death in police custody Thousands of people marched through downtown Baltimore on Saturday to protest the unexplained death of a black man in police custody but the demonstrations turned violent when some protesters threw metal objects at officers and broke windows. Saturday’s protests began peacefully, with at least 2,000 demonstrators marching to City Hall for a rally, the biggest
- IT News Africa: Top Tech Stories of the Week Be sure not to miss the upcoming CIO Roadmap 2015, which will feature cutting-edge demos, engaging keynotes, lively panel discussions, noted local and international speakers, along with an amazing technology exhibition area. This week in tech has been a rather turbulent. MTN has denied reports of a Xenophobic attack on its offices in Abuja. Also ...
- Fortumo acquires Google veteran as new CRO Mobile payments company Fortumo has revealed the appointment of Tim Carter as its Chief Revenue Officer, based in the company’s London office. Tim previously established Google’s Android business development team in Europe, Middle-East and Africa...
- Do plug-in devices pose a threat to IT security? Plugging in peripheral devices into work computers and other assets like printers is pretty commonplace in today’s businesses, even across Africa. Employees in a lot of companies literally have free reign to plug in whatever they want – be it a smartphone...
- New online job portal launches in Cameroon According to online portal Everjobs, it has now launched Cameroon’s latest online job portal. During a press conference, Co-founder and Managing Director for Africa, Eric Lauer introduced the company officially to the public. According to Lauer,...
- Kenya: CA approves mobile operators to test 4G technology Airtel Kenya and Orange Kenya have received regulatory approval to begin testing 4G technology on their networks. The authorisation by the Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) means they can begin to launch the service commercially. Safaricom has...
- Xenophobia: MTN denies Abuja attack According to various reports, MTN’s regional office in Abuja ceased operations on Wednesday 22 April 2015, following alleged attacks by irate youths protesting the on-going xenophobic attacks in South Africa; however, the operator has now denied these...
- Xenophobia: Youths attack MTN office in Abuja MTN’s regional office in Abuja ceased operations on Wednesday 22 April 2015 following attacks by irate youths. According to a news24 report, the attackers were allegedly protesting the on-going xenophobic attacks in South Africa. The report reveals...
- How safe is eCommerce globally and in Africa? Check Point Software Technologies has revealed that its Malware and Vulnerability Research Group recently discovered a critical remote code execution (RCE) vulnerability in eBay’s Magento web eCommerce platform, affecting nearly 200 000 online shops around...
- Samsung unveils SUHD TV range for South Africa At an exclusive launch event in Bryanston, Johannesburg, Samsung Electronics South Africa unveiled its latest product offering – the Samsung SUHD TV range. While the latest offering from Samsung comes across as a leap forward in technology, it...
- BCX donates computer lab to The League Of Friends of the Blind As part of their Corporate Social Responsibility letmelearn initiative, Business Connexion (BCX) has donated a computer laboratory to The League Of Friends of the Blind (LOFOB), to align with the South African government’s goals of education for all and...
- African leaders need to “leapfrog the shackles of convention” experts say International experts will call for African leaders to “leapfrog the shackles of convention” at a major education conference next month, in order to ensure that African economic growth is sustained by adequately trained young people. The programme for...
- Rwandan girls urged to take up studies and careers in ICT The Minister of Youth and ICT, Jean Philbert Nsengimana, has called on Rwandan girls to take up studies and careers in ICT as these offer a chance for them to enhance their skills and tackle unemployment challenges. Minister Nsengimana made the call in a...
- Airtel Africa reveals new MD for Chad operation Bharti Airtel Africa has announced the appointment of Anwar Soussa as Managing Director for Airtel Chad. Soussa, whose appointment will take effect from May 1st 2015, will be a key part of building the company’s strategic leadership and day to day...
- MiSEC Achieves Cisco Premier Certification in South Africa Johannesburg, 23 April 2015 – MiSEC Advisory PTY Ltd announced today it has achieved Premier Certification from Cisco. To earn Premier Certification, MiSEC had to meet standards for networking competency, service, support and customer satisfaction set forth...
- South Africa: BCX unveils MyWorld of Tomorrow Africa 2015 Business Connexion unveiled its second annual, MyWorld of Tomorrow Africa 2015 Conference and Exhibition, which has been given the theme “An African Evolution of Technology and Innovation” at an Innovation Breakfast, which took place at the Michelangelo...
- Device users think passwords are of no value to cyber criminals One in five Internet users, in South Africa, assume their passwords are of no value to cyber criminals, according to a survey conducted by Kaspersky Lab and B2B International. However, passwords are the keys to the account holders’ personal data, private...
- Explosion rocks Army barracks in Jos, two soldiers dead …military says it was an accident An explosion, which went off at the headquarters of 3 Armoured Division, Maxwell khobe Cantonment in Jos, Plateau State… ...
- Office sharing: APC leaders to finalise position on Tuesday The leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC will this Tuesday finalise the office sharing formula ahead of the May 29 inauguration of the… ...
- Imo re-run: 25 INEC officials nabbed for thumb printing ballot papers Not fewer than 25 officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC were yesterday arrested in various polling booths in Oru East Local Government Areas… ...
- Sanitation: 3 killed as hoodlums go on rampage in Ilorin The monthly environmental sanitation exercise in Ilorin, Kwara State capital yesterday turned bloody as hoodlums invaded two mobile courts sitting at different locations disrupting proceedings.… ...
- Media collaboration essential for good governance, says Buhari President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Saturday called on the nation’s media to partner with his government in its quest to provide qualitative leadership; saying… ...
- Ex-Gov Audu still APC leader in Kogi, says group Following the power tussle which has been rocking the hierarchy of All Progressive Congress APC in Kogi State, a group under the aegis of Confluence… ...
- PDP ready for challenge of being opposition -Fadahunshi A member of elder caucus of Peoples Democratic Party, in Osun State, Prince Francis Fadahunshi, yesterday said rather than continue to mourn its losses in… ...
- Former IGP Suleiman Abba: Casualty of spiteful politics In a move that confounded most Nigerians, President Goodluck Jonathan last Tuesday sacked the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Suleiman Abba. He replaced him with… ...
- OPC passes vote of confi dence on Fasehun The Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, has passed a vote-of-confidence on its Founder and President, Dr. Frederick Fasehun, while confirming that there was no crisis rocking… ...
- Katsina gets transition committee Katsina State Governor, Ibrahim Shema has at the weekend, inaugurated a 15-member transition committee in preparation for the May 29 handover. The inauguration comes three… ...
Ballot thumb printing: 26 INEC officials arrested in Oru East
FROM GEORGE ONYEJIUWA,OWERRI Twenty six ad hoc staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC),… ...Low turnout, card reader taint Imo guber re-run
FROM GEORGE ONYEJIUWA,OWERRI There was voters apathy as the people did not come out in… ...Why I switched to APC —M I Okoro
BY CHRISTY ANYANWU Dr. Meckson Innocent Okoro, a charterd Real Estate and Property pratittioner of… ...Don’t tamper with Ekwunife’s mandate, group warns Obiano
From DAVID ONWUCHEKWA, Nnewi As the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) strives to wrest the senatorial… ...2015 poll: I’m alive and healthy –Clark
…Dismisses rumours of his death following Jonathan’s loss .Carpets Coomassie over comments on Abba Suleiman’s… ...Onovo urges APC to form unity govt
By NDUBUISI ORJI Ahead of the May 29 inauguration of the president-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari,… ...Voter apathy, financial inducement mar Delta central re-run
From PAUL OSUYI and EMMA OGOIGBE Voter apathy characterized the re-run election for… ...Abia guber re-run: Okezie says he is hopeful of victory
By CHINELO OBOGO The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Dr… ...Funmi Tejuoso joins Lagos speakership race
. Says ‘I’m the most qualified’ A former deputy speaker of the Lagos state… ...Election: Massive turn out in Taraba
There was massive turn out of voters for the supplementary governorship election across the 10… ...INEC declares Rochas winner of Imo guber
The incumbent Governor Rochas Okorocha has secured victory after today’s supplementary polls to conclude the… ...Crisis retards nation building but prayers rebuild – Jonathan
FROM JULIANA TAIWO-iOBALONYE, ABUJA President Goodluck Jonathan has admitted that constant crisis retards nation’s development… ...3 robbery suspects killed in Oyo
FROM OLUSEYE OJO, IBADAN Three armed robbery suspects lost their lives in Ibadan, the Oyo… ...Group warns Buhari on merger of NDDC with Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs
From: emmanuel ujah Niger Delta youths including some groups of ex-militants have warned the incoming… ...Marriage of deception
.Story of how ‘naval officer’ conned and lured woman into sham wedding By OLAKUNLE OLAFIOYE firstname.lastname@example.org… ...The bizarre story of 15-man gang terrorizing Lagos community
BY AYO ALONGE (email@example.com) The police have arrested four out of a robbery gang… ...BREAKING NEWS! Explosion rocks Lagos
An explosion at a gas station located in Ago Area of Okota in Lagos… ...BREAKING NEWS! 2 killed as explosion rocks army barracks in Plateau
Two soldiers have been confirmed dead in the explosion that occurred mid morning at… ...Fashola tasks editors on political discussions
■ As Guild of Editors pay courtesy visit BY OLUWOLE FAROTIMI Lagos State governor, Babatunde… ...125 students bag First Class in UNILAG
■ 21-yr old emerges best, with 4.96 CGPA BY SAM OTTI The University of Lagos… ...You need education to be good at freight forwarding–Patrick Nwosu
By PATIENCE EGWUWA Chief Patrick Nwosu is the Managing Director, Prime Agencies Limited, and a… ...Union Homes Staff legacy: FUG states position
BY MADUKA NWEKE Saving money through the contributory pension scheme has saved a lot of… ...Mat making outdated business? Never –Salitu
By Vera Wisdom-Bassey Mrs. Esther Salitu is a skilled mat maker. It is a venture… ...Making chocolate better than oil job –Ogunbanjo, CEO, Sokolad
Ms Afolabi Ogunbanjo’s cheery smile, soft-spoken and sweet nature, belies her tenacious and tough spirit.… ...Aganga lauds SON’s accredited labs
The Federal Government yesterday said the internationally certified and accredited laboratories of the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), would speed up Nigeria’s economic diversification, especially now that the oil price has slumped to a minimum of 40 per cent. ...PenCom releases regulation on investment of pension fund
The National Pension Commission (PenCom) has sent a draft regulation on investment of pension fund assets to stakeholders as it prepares to allow the fund to be invested in infrastructure development. ...FG begins privatisation process for BoI, others
The Federal Government, through the National Council on Privatisation (NCP), has announced plans for the privatisation of three Development Finance Institutions (DFIs). ...Naira depreciation worries ANAN
Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) has expressed concern over the declining value of the naira, urging the Federal Government to take steps to stability the currency. ...FAAN, Arik in titanic battle over N1.2bn debt
The relationship between tenant and landlord appears to have gone sour as the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) yesterday disrupted Arik Air’s operations at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja over debts estimated at over N1.2billion. ...Corporate governance code’ll restore investors’ confidence –FRC
BY ADEWALE SANYAOLU The Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRC) has assured Nigerians that the… ...Why I rejected topless role –Nicole Ndigwe, Tinsel star
By Chisom Nzenaguora Tinsel star and script writer, Nicole Ndigwe, is a lady we love… ...Mum wanted me to be Priest–Emma Nzube, actor
By Ogechukwu Agwu Emmanuel Nzube is a Nollywood actor and native of Ezinifite, Nnewi South… ...At last, Warri Blood hits town
Publisher, actress and movie producer, Ani Amatosero, has finally released her latest movie entitled, Warri… ...May 1 date for Oritsefemi’s 5th album
.Features D’banj, Cynthia Morgan, others Self-styled musical Taliban and Avatar, MSN Gang star, Oritsefemi Majemite Ekele, has… ...Nollywood: Who’ll tell the story of the Orekoyas?
It was a nightmare while it lasted but it is also the stuff fairy tales… ...Wale Adenuga’s dilemma
By Tony Ogaga Erhariefe Entertainment mogul, Wale Adenuga, is in a dilemma. Reason: pirates have… ...My wife’s death totally shattered me–Elder O, comedian
Five months after his wife died due to complications from child birth, comedian, Elder O… ...Day fan gave me deep kiss–Atorise, gospel singer
Popular gospel artiste, Lanre Teriba aka Atorise, who is currently working on his 14th album… ...Behold ‘Pastor’ Terry G
Eccentric Afro hip hop act, Terry G, may have found a new calling as he… ...I’m passionate about women –Elisha Attai
BY CHRISTIAN AGADIBE Having discovered the challenges facing Africa women, Elisha Attai incorporated Africa Women… ...
- Death from Liquor: Ondo Govt Bans Ogogoro as Casualties Rise to 23 [26 Apr 2015]
- Okorocha, Ikpeazu, Ishaku Win in Imo, Abia, Taraba [26 Apr 2015]
- Sambisa: Military Deploys More Equipment, Continues Assault [26 Apr 2015]
- Xenophobic Attacks: Nigeria Recalls Envoy to South Africa [26 Apr 2015]
- World Bank Approves $500m to Improve Maternal, Child Health in Nigeria [26 Apr 2015]
- Political Parties to Storm Election Tribunal in Cross River [26 Apr 2015]
- ‘Akpabio Wasn’t PDP Candidate for Senatorial Race’ [26 Apr 2015]
- MTN Surprises University Don with Car Gift [26 Apr 2015]
- Buhari: No Government Can Do without the Media [26 Apr 2015]
- Woman Loses Home, Other Gifts to Wife of ex-Clippers owner [18 Apr 2015]
- Aaron Hernandez murder trial [18 Apr 2015]
- Rabiu Kwankwaso: You Cannot Insult the North and Think You Can Get Away with it… [25 Apr 2015]
- Okorocha, Ikpeazu, Ishaku Win in Imo, Abia, Taraba [26 Apr 2015]
- Lawan: I Collected $500,000 Bribe Offer [12 Jun 2012]
- Those Who Will Chart a Course for Buhari [26 Apr 2015]
- Taraba Runoff: PDP Candidate Wins Polling Unit [25 Apr 2015]