- This RSS feed URL is deprecated This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Cleric arrested for alleged rape of student in Nigeria - eNCA
- Nigeria army refutes reports of missing soldiers after Boko Haram ambush - africanews
- For Nigerians to be free citizens of this country Nigeria must be restructured – Clark - Vanguard
- Nigeria's Place in the Future of Tech Innovation, Fake News - U.S. News & World Report
- IMF: Nigeria, South Africa set to boost sub-Saharan Africa's economy - Fin24
- Nigeria ambassador vows to get stranded Super Eagles fans home - ESPN
- Nigerian league postponed indefinitely - BBC Sport
Nigerian league postponed indefinitelyBBC SportThe resumption of Nigeria's domestic league has been postponed indefinitely amid a leadership crisis currently rocking the country's football. Chris Giwa, founder of a rival faction in the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF), armed with a court ruling ...and more »
- Osinbajo, Wabote woo investors to Nigeria - Vanguard
Osinbajo, Wabote woo investors to NigeriaVanguard”Other key officials in the Nigerian delegation included the Minister of Industries, Trade and Investment and the heads of Bank of Industry, BOI, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission, NIPC, Nigerian Export Promotion Council, NEPC, Nigerian Film ...and more »
- Dutch Prime Minister promises to help Nigeria fight terrorism - Vanguard
- Hadi Sirika and the return of Nigeria Airways - Vanguard
- Alarm Over Rise in Skin Bleaching Among Nigerians [Vanguard] Worried by the increase in skin bleaching among Nigerians and unregulated sale of bleaching agents in the country, dermatologists have raised the alarm over the effects of the practice.
- 8th National Assembly's Symbolic visit to the US [Office of Senator Bukola Saraki] President of the Senate, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki, led a joint delegation of Nigeria's National Assembly on a thee-day working visit to the United States last week.
- What Buhari Told International Criminal Court [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday stated the importance of the International Criminal Court, ICC, saying it is essential for international accountability.
- Observer Groups Reject Ekiti Election Results [Guardian] A coalition of observer groups and civil society organisations have rejected the outcome of Saturday's Ekiti State governorship election.
- IMF Raises Country's 2019 Growth Forecast to 2.3% [This Day] The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has raised Nigeria's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) projection for 2019 to 2.3 per cent, up from the 1.9 per cent it had predicted for the country previously.
- Why Nigeria Has Not Signed Free Trade Deal - VP [This Day] Abuja -Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Monday in Abuja said Nigeria was not ready to take chances by hastily signing the African Continental Trade Agreement (AfCTA) because the nation's economy is the real target of the agreement.
- Buhari Orders Repatriation of Nigerians Stranded in Russia [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama and Minister of State, Aviation, Hadi Sirika, to commence the process of repatriating Nigerians who travelled to Russia for the FIFA 2018 World Cup and got stranded after the competition.
- Katsina Flood - Death Toll Rises to 44 [Premium Times] Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State on Monday said over 44 people had lost their lives while 20 others were still missing following the Sunday flood disaster in Jibia Local Government Area of the state.
- How Abuja Rail Line Launched By President Buhari Works [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari on July 12 commissioned the light rail at the new train station in Abuja. The rail line, he said, is the first phase of the rail line which will cover 12 other stations within Abuja.
- Fresh Push Against Casualisation in Workplace [Guardian] Where there is acute shortage of jobs for those seeking them, the temptation to exploit the system is high.
- Traditional Birth Attendants - Friend or Foe? [Nigeria Health Watch] The young mothers in the community fondly call her "Aunty Dada"
- Fayose Will Face Trial After Leaving Office - Anti-Graft Agency [Premium Times] Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State will face criminal trial after leaving office, the anti-graft agency, EFCC, said on Monday.
- Crude Oil Price Drops to $73 Amid Tight Supply, Outages [This Day] Barely a few days after crude oil price surged towards $80 per barrel, following the shut down of one oilfield in Norway and Libya reduced production by more than a half, the price slipped on Monday to $73 per barrel as Libyan ports reopened, while traders eyed potential supply increases by Russia and other oil producers.
- Wizkid's Greatest Achievements Will Surprise You [Guardian] One of Nigeria's top artiste Wizkid turns a year older today, 16th of July. The father of three has done well in changing the status quo and making Nigeria proud by selling out international concerts and getting nominations for international awards as well as winning them.
- Abuja Has 1.7 Million Housing Deficit [Premium Times] The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) said on Monday that it has initiated programmes under the Public-Private Partnership to address 1.7 million housing deficit in the FCT.
- Again, Shiites Protest, Demand El-Zakzaky's Release [Premium Times] Hundreds of Shiites on Monday rallied in Abuja to demand the release of their leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky.
- Lagos Wastewater Plants Pack Up, Spark Epidemic Concerns [Guardian] Fears that the planned new dawn for Lagos wastewater plants will remain an illusion heightened last week with information that the needed funds are yet to be released for the revamping of the moribund plants.
- Buhari Transmits 2019 Election Budget to Senate [Premium Times] Nigeria will need N254 billion (N254,445,322,600) to prosecute the 2019 general election, a letter sent by President Muhammadu Buhari to the Senate has indicated. The letter sought the approval of the sum which will be drawn from the 2018 and 2019 budgets.
- Benin NAPTIP Rescues 468 Trafficking Victims in Six Months - Official [Premium Times] The Benin Zonal Command of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) says it has rescued 468 victims of human trafficking in the last six months.
- Buhari Demands ICC's Action On Corruption Cases, Illicit Financial Flows [Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday at The Hague called on the 123 States Parties to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court to support the International Criminal Court (ICC) with jurisdiction over serious cases of corruption and illicit financial flows by state actors.
- Third Mainland Bridge to Be Closed for Three Days, Not 27 Months - Minister [Premium Times] The Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos will be closed to traffic for three days from July 27, 2018, for investigative work to be conducted to assess the current condition of the Bridge, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said.
- Corruption Trial of Ex-Plateau Governor Jonah Jang Adjourned [Premium Times] The Plateau State High Court in Jos has adjourned the corruption case of the ex-Plateau governor, Jonah Jang, to October 30 and 31, and November 1.
- Nigerian Mr P Gets Two IARA 2018 Award Nominations [Daily Trust] The popularly known Nigerian artiste Peter Okoye aka Mr P, formerly of Psquare has been nominated by the International Achievement Recognition Awards (IARA) for two awards.
- Nine Coaches Awarded IOC Triathlon Certificate [Guardian] Nineteen triathlon coaches across the nation were awarded level one certificate after taking part in a five-day International Olympic Committee (IOC) Triathlon Solidarity Certification Course, which ended during the weekend at the National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos.
- 123 Million Infants Received Vaccine in 2017, WHO, Unicef Say [Premium Times] UN agencies said a record-breaking of about 123 million, or nine out of 10, infants, received at least one dose of diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine in 2017 globally.
- Buhari Doing Enough to Stop Killings - Presidency [Leadership] The presidency has refuted media reports that President Muhammadu Buhari is not doing enough to stop the killings in the country.
- Benue to Produce First Governor of the Idoma Extraction After 47 Years [Leadership] Following the exit of the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom from the All Progressives Congress, APC, the Idoma speaking area otherwise known as zone c is set to produce the next governor of the State.
- Middle Belt Leaders Restate Stand On Restructuring [This Day] The inability of the South-east, South-west and South-south leaders to make the Makurdi summit, however, did not dampen the spirit of the conferees, who restated their call for the total restructuring of the country in order to correct some abnormalities that is stunting the growth and unity of the country.
- Buhari's Invitation By ICC, an Indictment, Says PDP [This Day] Abuja -The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said President Muhammadu Buhari's visit to the International Criminal Court (ICC) in Netherlands was a sign of reprimand for the spate of bloodletting, extra-judicial executions, illegal arrests, arbitrary detention, torture and reported disappearances in the country.
- Equities Market Declines Further On Sustained Bearish Trading [This Day] The equities market remained bearish as the new week commenced yesterday with the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) All-Share Index (ASI) declined 0.34 per cent to 37,266.86.
- Developing talent across the continent in the digital financial services space A recruiter, whether external or internal, formal or informal, plays a crucial role in both a candidate’s and an employer’s work life. If recruitment companies are to survive the proverbial rat race, they have to stay ahead of their game by adopting innovative ways to market, operate and employ customer service when sourcing and securing...
- SA Deputy Minister of Communications to speak at DTC 2018 Deputy Minister of Communications, Ms Pinky Kekana, is set to deliver a keynote at ETION Digital Transformation Congress on 26 July 2018 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa. The congress aims to bring together local and...
- Liquid Telecom building fibre network from Cape Town to Cairo Telecom Egypt has signed a memorandum of understanding with Liquid Telecom to enable the pan-African group to complete Africa’s terrestrial fibre network stretching across the African continent, the companies announced. Liquid Telecom, a subsidiary of...
- 5 reasons to sponsor DTC 2018 Digital Transformation Congress, that will be held at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Johannesburg on 26 July 2018 is the ideal gathering for IT and business executives in Africa. The event aims to be an unparalleled comprehensive experience on the...
- Citrix and Microsoft partner to help enhance user experience Citrix announced that it has partnered with Microsoft to provide Citrix SD-WAN solution as the on-ramp to Azure, for the new Azure Virtual WAN service. The joint solution is designed for the WAN edge of Azure to help enhance user experience, deliver...
- Robot Sophia talks about Industry 4.0 in Vietnam Sophia, renowned globally as the world’s first robot citizen, hogged all the limelight as she took the stage at an international event in Hanoi on Friday, as part of her first-ever visit to Vietnam. The artificial intelligence (AI)-powered humanoid robot,...
- 5 reasons to attend Digital Transformation Congress 2018 At this year’s Digital Transformation Congress, industry experts and innovators will gather to break down key strategies for leading digital transformation in business, fostering a culture of innovation, identifying competitive advantages, and managing...
- Entrepreneur, Lebo Gunguluza joins keynote speakers at Etion DTC 2018 The highly anticipated ETION Digital Transformation Congress is only a few weeks away. On 26 July 2018 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, DTC2018 will assemble a variety of industries all in one room, as business leaders and technology...
- WATCH: Absa collaborates with Intel to light up the Joburg sky Absa recently rebranded when Barclays Africa Group Limited was renamed Absa Group Limited. This name change and rebrand marked the beginning of a new era for Absa as a standalone, uniquely African group. To celebrate this rebrand, Absa partnered with tech...
- LG launches LG Q7 in South Africa LG Electronics (LG) launches the highly anticipated LG Q7, the newest Q series destined to refresh its popular Q6, launched locally in 2017. The LG Q7, offers premium features typically found in more expensive flagship smartphones, yet LG has managed to...
- Smart Technology Centre appointed technology partner to KidZania Smart Technology Centre has been appointed the Preferred Technology Partner for South Africa’s flagship KidZania franchise launching in Johannesburg. Smart Technology Centre (STC), an enterprise managed service provider will be responsible for the turnkey...
- Zambia granted $50M towards renewable energy programme The African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved $50 million framework financing for small-scale renewable energy projects in Zambia. Due to recent droughts, Zambia has experienced a severe electricity supply deficit. In response to this issue, the Zambian...
- Companies at risk of unauthorised access to critical data Recent local cyberattacks are a forewarning of things to come and it clearly shows the vulnerabilities of South African companies. Although in recent attacks customers have not necessarily suffered any financial losses, this could quickly change with personal...
- GoPro has sold more than 30 million action cameras worldwide GoPro has announced two major sales milestones for its Hero action cameras. Since 2009, GoPro has now sold more than 30 million Hero cameras that capture all of your action exploits on ski runs, mountain bike journeys, and surfing trips. Although competitor...
- Amazon Web Services continues to invest in Africa At the Amazon Web Service Summit which took place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 12 July 2018, the company announced the launch of a new Amazon CloudFront edge location in Cape Town. According to AWS, the benefits offered by CloudFront...
- UAE Exchange rebrands its Africa operations as Unimoni UAE Exchange, a global money transfer, foreign exchange and payment solutions brand, announced the rebranding of its Africa operations as “Unimoni”. The announcement was made by Promoth Manghat, Executive Director of Finablr and Group CEO, at an event...