- $1billion to tackle boko haram: Wike demands special fund for Niger-Delta
- Oyo PDP defectors can’t add value to party again —Chieftain
- Adeboye set to grace Ibadan for special service
- SARS officials kill four armed robbers masquerading as Sars operatives
- Bama on red alert: Boko haram threatens to revenge by bringing down Banki
- Benue bloated wage bill: Suswam, Ortom trade words
- Buhari, an extraordinary leader, driven by uncommon passion for Nigeria ―Ooni
- Group clamours for virile opposition to APC
- Ambode approves regulation of encroached LASU land
- Buhari to attend ‘Proclamation of Republic’ in Niger Republic
- Our aim is to make Glanvill Ethoven industry leader —Banjo
- Any solution to Nigeria’s perpetual fuel crisis?
- We supply electricity to Nigerians at our detriment —Discos
- $3bn Eurobond success shows foreign investors’ appetite for Nigerian instruments —Oniha
- Rising unemployment: Combatting the hydra headed monster
- Glo promos: Increasing customer satisfaction with customer appreciation
- 2018 budget: Counting on luck to stimulate growth
- Economist compares purchasing power of Naira to Ghanaian Cedi’
- Emefiele: Mission to save Naira
- BDC’s: Entrenching transparency, forex stability through BVN validation
- Being UCH brand ambassador is a call to service —Saidi Balogun
- RK1, 9ice, Que Peller, others for Ajilete carnival
- LASG births Lagos Grows Talent 2017
- Nigerian youths must stop rewarding ignorance, tribalism —Osinbajo
- Class meets style at premiere of ‘The Wedding Party 2 in Dubai’
- Industry, fans celebrate Bisi Alawiye-Aluko tomorrow
- US megastar, Jason Derulo to collaborate with African artistes
- The Falz experience set to shake Lagos
- LASG announces diversion of traffic for Olamide “OLIC’’ concert
- Promoter cancels Burna Boy’s concert
- Osun govt cautions against use of polythene, newspapers to wrap food items
- ‘FG should implement national drug distribution guidelines to tackle drug abuse ’
- Gambling similar to substance abuse in adolescents –Experts
- Oyo inaugurates 14-member primary healthcare board
- GAVI announces $85m funding to fight typhoid fever
- Dexa Medica distributes immune booster drug to Ikorodu residents
- Ondo remains the best in maternal health service ―World Bank.
- GAVI announces $85m funding to fight typhoid fever
- Gambling similar to substance abuse in adolescents –Experts
- ‘FG should implement national drug distribution guidelines to tackle drug abuse’
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Nigerian military arrests more than 400 associated with Boko Haram - Los Angeles Times
- Nigeria: Gender Based Violence (GBV) North East Monthly Report, June 2017 - Reliefweb
Nigeria: Gender Based Violence (GBV) North East Monthly Report, June 2017ReliefwebBetween January and June, the GBV sub sector has made progress of 38% towards achieving its strategic objectives within the HRP, reaching 376,481 individuals out of 1,000,000 targeted. During the reporting period, 180,783 individuals (42,460 girls, 16 ...Results from Baseline Survey On Gender-Based Violence In Borno State NigeriaReliefWeball 3 news articles »
- We Watched As 59 Nigerians Were Shot Dead - Nigerian Returnees From Libya - SaharaReporters.com
- Pope appeals for freedom for 6 nuns abducted in Nigeria - Washington Post
- Four dead in ambush of World Food Programme convoy in Nigeria - AOL
- Why some Nigerians are against restructuring – Ekweremadu - Premium Times
- Thierry Henry arrives Nigeria [PHOTOS] - Daily Post Nigeria
- 66% of Nigerian prisons inmates are awaiting trial – NPS - Premium Times
- Buhari to leave Nigeria for Niger Monday - Daily Post Nigeria
Daily Post Nigeria
Buhari to leave Nigeria for Niger MondayDaily Post NigeriaPresident Muhammadu Buhari will on Monday leave Nigeria to attend the 59th Proclamation of Republic of Niger. Buhari will also attend bilateral meetings before returning to Nigeria. He will be accompanied on the trip by Governors Aminu Masari, Ibrahim ...and more »
- How Buhari administration's pipeline project will transform Nigeria's energy landscape – Garba Shehu - Premium Times
- Ghost Companies Lift U.S.$3.5 Billion Crude Oil [Daily Trust] Some indigenous companies not registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) have lifted Nigerian crude oil grades valued at U.S.$3.5 billion (about N1.1 trillion) in the last 10 months, an investigation by Daily Trust on Sunday has shown.
- Kano Govt to Spend Over U.S.$222,000 On Health Week [Vanguard] Kano State Government says it is planning to spend over N80 million in the Maternal Newborn and Child Health Week (MNCH).
- Toyin Saraki Seeks Review of NGO Bill, Ajulo Backs It [Vanguard] Abuja -Mrs. Toyin Saraki, the wife of Senate President, wants the NGO Regulatory Commission Bill, currently under consideration at the House of Representatives, to be revised because it is inadequate.
- I'll Be Bigger Than Wizkid, Bob Marley - Sugar Boy [Vanguard] It has become a trend for desperate budding music acts to court media or public attention by stirring the hornet's nest at the slightest provocation to achieve fame and popularity.
- Kaduna Celebrates 100 Years Today [Daily Trust] Kaduna -Kaduna is today holding grand finale of its centenary celebration today. The state is expected to hold the event at the Murtala Square, Kaduna where the 19 northern governors, emirs and chiefs and other stakeholders are expected to grace the occasion.
- Nigerians Score Buhari 52% On Governance [This Day] Abuja -Nigerians have given President Muhammadu Buhari a job performance rating of 52 per cent on governance in the 2017 national poll conducted by NOIPOLLS.
- Oil Firms Given Two Weeks to Remit U.S.250 Million to Govt [Premium Times] The House of Representatives Committee on Oil and Gas on Thursday gave 10 indigenous oil companies in the country two weeks to remit 250 million dollars oil royalty to federal government's coffers.
- Christmas Concert Held at Presidential Villa [Premium Times] Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, former Head of State Yakubu Gowon and ex Head of the Interim National Government, Ernest Shonekan, were among dignitaries who graced the 2017 Christmas Praise Concert on Thursday in Abuja.
- Husband Murder - Court Denies Maryam Sanda Bail [Daily Trust] An FCT High Court in Jabi has sent Maryam Sanda back to prisons after refusing a bail application filed on her behalf for the second time.
- 21 New Political Parties Register With Electoral Commission [Leadership] Abuja -The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), yesterday, announced the registration of 21 new political parties.
- Nigerian Army Restates Loyalty to Buhari [Guardian] Ibadan -The Nigeria Army has said it will loyal to President Muhammadu Buhari while maintaining a high level of professionalism and remain apolitical in all its conducts.
- Fuel Scarcity to End in 48 Hours - Minister [Premium Times] The Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, has assured governors of Nigeria's 36 states that the ongoing fuel scarcity will end in 48 hours.
- Economic Council Approves U.S.$1 Billion to Fight Boko Haram [Leadership] Abuja -The National Economic Council, yesterday, gave the federal government the go ahead to spend $1billion from the Excess Crude Account (ECA) on the fight against Boko Haram insurgents.
- I Never Thought of Graduating With 1st Class - Abu Graduand [Daily Trust] Lagos -Aliu Abdullateef Eleran, an indigene of Ilorin, Kwara State, was the cynosure during the recent convocation of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria having emerged as the best graduate.
- The Dangers of a Self-Serving Judiciary [Daily Trust] On Tuesday, the Court of Appeal, Lagos Division, struck out criminal charges filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against a serving judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Hyeladzira Nganjiwa. The judge had been arraigned on a 14-count charge before Justice Adedayo Akintoye of the Lagos State High Court. The judge was alleged to have received a total of $260,000 and N8.65 million (about N81,705,000) gratification from some lawyers to enrich himself. Trial had already started when a
- Redoubling Effort in Anti-Insurgency Battle [Daily Trust] President Muhammadu Buhari knows the appealing burden of leadership. Anywhere a leader finds him, there are huge responsibilities and enormous expectations, no matter how infinitesimal the position entrusted to him.
- Rapper Tours 25 Tertiary Institutions, Thrills 20,000 Students [Daily Trust] Lagos -Raymond Aboriomoh popularly called Dremo Drizzy has toured over 25 tertiary institutions during his three months nationwide tour, he said.
- NFF Aware of Shehu's Suspension, Says Sanusi [Daily Trust] Nigeria Football Federation General Secretary Dr. Mohammed Sanusi has made comments on FIFA sanctioning Nigeria for lining up an ineligible player against Algeria on the final day of qualifying matches for the 2018 World Cup, according to allnigeriasoccer.com.
- Contract Cost of 150km Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project May Go Up [Daily Trust] Lagos -With a growing list of unexpected obstructions in the construction of the 150km Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail project, the contract cost estimated at $1.5bn (N458bn) may increase, Daily Trust can report.
- Ex-Labour Party Scribe Backs NGO Bill [Daily Trust] A former National Secretary of Labour Party (LP), Mr Kayode Ajulo, has thrown his weight behind the NGO Regulatory Commission Bill.
- Govt to Issue N150 Billion Sovereign Green Bond Monday [Daily Trust] The Federal Government will on Monday issue the first N150 billion green bond actions to finance green projects to achieve its Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) towards Paris agreement.
- Governors Okay Withdrawal of U.S.$1 Billion From ECA to Fight Insurgency [This Day] Abuja -Governors of the 36 states of the federation under the aegis of the Nigerian Governors' Forum (NGF) Thursday in Abuja gave the federal government the green light to withdraw $1 billion from the Excess Crude Account (ECA) to fight the insurgency in the North-east.
- 300 Doctors Left Nigeria in 2016 - Medical Association [Premium Times] Three hundred Nigerian doctors left the country in 2016, the national president also of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Mike Ogirima, has revealed.
- Afrobeats Music - Mass Appeal With African Control [This is Africa] Nigerian businessman and impresario Paul Okoye organised one of the most impressive showcase of African and Afrobeats talent in the inaugural One Africa Music Fest at the Barclays Center Arena in Brooklyn, New York City.
- Senate Rejects DPR's N355 Million Budget for Foreign Trips [Premium Times] The Senate Committee on Petroleum (Upstream) on Thursday rejected Department of Petroleum Resources' (DPR) proposal of N355 million for foreign trips in the 2018 fiscal year.
- A New Dawn for Nigerians Living in Ghana [Leadership] The Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Ambassador Olufemi Michael Abikoye, has hit the ground running since resuming office in Accra in July. AMINA ALHASSAN chronicles his activities, one of which is attending the 7th Ghana- Nigeria Permanent Joint Commission meeting between 18th and 20th October, 2017 to cement and foster both bilateral and multilateral relationships that exists between Ghana and Nigeria.
- Authorities Order Partial Closure of Enugu Airport [Leadership] Lagos -To enable repair works on the runway of Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has announced that there will be skeletal operations at the airport while the work is on-going.
- Bello's Probe of Past Kogi Governors Shadow Chasing - Idris [Daily Trust] Lokoja -A former governor of Kogi State, Alhaji Ibrahim Idris, has described the panel of inquiry set up by Governor Yahaya Bello to probe his administration and that of former Governor Idris Wada as mere chasing of shadows.
- INEC Sacks 3 Staff Over Kogi Gov's Double Voter Registration [Daily Trust] The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) yesterday said it has sacked three staff involved in the double voter registration of Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello.
- Anambra Senatorial Rerun - Umeh Picks Holes in Court Judgement [Daily Trust] Awka -The candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the Anambra Central senatorial re-run scheduled for January 13, 2018, Chief Victor Umeh, yesterday, picked holes in the judgement of an Abuja High Court which ordered that a certificate of return be given to Chief Obiora Okonkwo.
- Nollywood Actress Doris Simeon Exposes Enemy Of Progress Trying To Ruin Her Christmas
- Sadiq Daba Blames Nigerian Doctors For Wrong Cancer Diagnosis, Praises UK Doctors
- Adesua Etomi Recalls Giving Birth To Twins After The Wedding Party
- Nollywood Actress Nkechi Blessing: My Big Butt Not Attractive
- Yul Edochie Blames Lack Of Fund For 145 Votes In Anambra Governorship Election
- Ramsey Nouah In Tanzania To Motivate Upcoming Actors [PHOTOS]
- BON 2017 Awards 1st Photos & Videos: See Fathia Balogun, Regina Chukwu & Jumoke Odetola
- Nollywood Stars Storm Abeokuta As 2017 BON Awards Holds Today
- Nollywood Stars Attend White Garment Churches To Hear Prophecies About Their Lives
- UK Based Nollywood Actress Marks Birthday With Street Beggars
- Yul Edochie Dumps DPC, Decamps To APGA, Governor Obiano’s Party [PHOTOS]
- Sikiratu Sindodo, Tayo Odueke’s Daughter, Damilola Naomi Sulaimon Marks New Age [PHOTOS]
- NNPC Security Guard Kills Bread Seller In Akure While Shooting Into The Air To Scare Away Robbers
- Ritual Killers On Rampage In Abia State: 2 Murdered, Others Reported Missing In Isiala Ngwa
- Fatal Accident Kills 8 In Jigawa: Pregnant Woman & 7 Others Crushed To Death At Jahun Roundabout
- “I Saw Many Dead Bodies Of Africans Abandoned By Arabs In Sahara Desert” – Libya Returnee
- Burna Boy In SARS Police Detention With 4 Suspected Robbers He Sent To Attack Mr 2Kay
- “I Saw Hell In Libya” – Says Nigerian Sold As Slave To Arabs
- We Went Through Kano And Katsina To Libya, Over 4000 Nigerians Are Still In Gharyan Prison In Libya
- Nigerian Pastor Emeka Okpocha Arrested For Threatening To Kill Ex-Wife In Abuja [PHOTOS]
- Nigerian Lawyer Who Stabbed House Maid In Ipaja Lagos Arrested By Police
- Photos: Nigerian Fraudster Jailed 18 Years In Vietnam For Duping Wealthy Vietnamese Women
- Photos: Burna Boy Detained By Police After Turning Himself, Gets Monday Court Date
- Man Beats Neighbour, 65-Year-Old Woman To Death With Engine Belt In Niger State
- Google’s Year in Search: What Kenyans Googled in 2017 The Google’s Year in Search has revealed that Kenya elections and the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) were the most searched in Kenya in 2017. Other searches that made it to the top ten trending searches include ‘Mayweather verses McGregor Fight’, ‘Confederations Cup’, ‘Africa Cup of Nations...
- IT News Africa: Top Stories Of The Week This week was yet again filled with tech news stories that grabbed the headlines both across Africa and around the world. South African tech entrepreneur Vinny Lingham joined the BnkToTheFuture board alongside a host of other top executives from around the...
- The rise of mobile streaming TV Streaming media is changing the face of broadcast: people are turning to streaming video platforms, and increasingly, consuming their media and entertainment via their mobile phones. No longer willing to pay for hundreds of TV channels they don’t watch,...
- MTN Ghana signs $113 million syndicated loan facility On Wednesday 13 December 2017 MTN, Ghana’s largest telecommunications service provider, announced that it has signed a $113 million (GH¢510 million cedi) syndicated loan facility. The syndicated loan facility was arranged jointly by Ecobank Ghana Limited...
- Trend alert: Remote Direct Memory Access goes the distance It’s that time of year again; a time for reflection over the past 12 months. These days, however, one year can seem like a decade or more considering the speed at which technology is innovating, and in networking it’s been a great year for storage...
- How organisations can protect their data Data loss prevention (DLP) is a major risk for most organisations as the number of incidents and the associated costs to businesses continues to grow. Irrespective of whether the incidents are intentionally malicious or careless, data loss can seriously...
- The evolution of gaming Gaming has become a substantial industry with professional players and massive international competitions. From the teen-targeted arcade games of old and the ‘tink-tink’ of home consoles to a highly technical and complex industry, gaming is evolving...
- Vinny Lingham joins BnkToTheFuture board with host of top executives On Thursday 14 December 2017, global FinTech, Bitcoin and blockchain online investment platform BnkToTheFuture announced its token sale advisory board, which includes South African Vinny Lingham, who is the Civic CEO, and executives from Smith + Crown, Abra,...
- What Nigerians searched on Google in 2017 On Wednesday 13 December 2017, Google revealed the results of its 2017 Year in Search, which offered up an interesting insight into what moments and trends captured the attention of Nigerians throughout the year. The Google list revealed the interests of...
- Former Yahoo and Netflix executive joins South African startup board On Wednesday 13 December 2017, South African startup, Xineoh, who developed a new type of machine learning recommendation engine, announced the appointment of ‘tech giant’, John Robison, to its board of directors. Robison is a senior executive leader with...
- New reports highlight talent gaps that exist in Africa’s Fintech landscape The Digital Frontiers Institute (DFI) has released two new reports that aim to provide better understand and address human talent gaps that exist in Africa’s Fintech landscape. The 2017 Fintech Talent Africa Leadership and Employee Engagement Report and the...
- BCX to invest $7.5 million into South African digital skills On Thursday 14 December 2017, BCX announced that it will be investing $7.5 million (R100 million) to grow scarce digital skills in ICT infrastructure and software programming alongside cybersecurity, Fintech and artificial intelligence over three years in...
- Google’s Year in Search: South Africa’s top searches of 2017 Google has announced the results of its 2017 Year in Search, offering a unique perspective on the year’s major moments and top trends based on searches conducted in South Africa. The results show what people, places, and things were trending around the...
- 5 things to consider before signing a cellphone contract Junk status. Downgrades. Inflation. Recession. Fuel price hikes. These are terms South Africans are exposed to on a daily basis. The reality is that there’s a great deal of uncertainty about the economy, which means that consumers need to consider their...
- South African tax collector takes aim at cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin According to a report by MoneyWeb, The South African Revenue Service (SARS) has opened dialogue with a number of the top technology companies in the world in order to try and enable the tax revenue service to track cryptocurrecy trades more efficiently. It is...
- Poor security practices could put cloud-driven business at risk Research conducted by Kaspersky Lab has revealed that 35 percent of businesses globally admit that they are unsure if certain pieces of corporate information are stored on company servers or on those of their cloud providers. This makes the safeguarding and...