- Alaafin, Adebanjo, Banji Akintoye celebrate Gani Adams at 47
- We’ll soon sing song of abundance, Ajimobi to Oyo workers
- Passenger’s leg flung into lagoon in Lagos accident
- May Day: LG boss, cleric commend workers’ dedication
- Crisis brew in Ilaje over leadership tussle within ex-militants group
- IEDPU calls for unity of among Ilorin indigenes
- N15bn loot discovery: Osinbajo’s 3-man panel inadequate —Prof Akinyemi
- Exhibit good conduct, FUNAAB VC charges newly admitted students
- EnergyNet wins second Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2017
- Depend less on monthly allocation ―ICAN advises state government
- Nigerian development and effective tax administration
- FG policies stifling Nigerian airlines —Med-View boss
- Issuing project-related bonds will help fund 2017 budget deficit —Ogungbesan
- BDCs, regulators confront compliance issues to save naira
- Electricity supply will be stable overtime, not overnight —IBEDC boss
- Interesting dimensions of Nigeria’s currency war
- Value re-orientation critical to economic growth —ICAN President
- Evolving a National Payment System legislation for Nigeria
- Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit and hunger for development
- Evolving a National Payment System legislation for Nigeria
- Dr Bayonle set for album launch
- Samuel Omojowo set to produce new hit movie
- MCSN not approved —Okoroji
- Adeboye, Obey, KSA, others for Ayewa 40 years on stage
- Glowing comments greet P-Squares’ ‘Nobody Ugly’
- Omotola, Rita Dominic, others storm Dr Sid’s wife’s magazine launch
- ‘Gifty is my girlfriend’, Mr. 2Kay opens up on relationship with BBNaija housemate
- Shina Peller wades into Ice Prince, Davido face-off
- Davido set for another child from girlfriend in two weeks
- CD piracy’ll soon become a thing of the past —Guitarman
- Doctors appeal to Aregbesola on adequate funding of health sector in Osun
- Measles vaccine also protective from diarrhoea, pneumonia —Study
- Meningitis: UNICEF places Ekiti on surveillance
- NGO facilitates malaria prevention in 10,000 employees of ExxonMobil company
- US-based medical experts offer free services to 3,000 indigents of Imo
- Polio: Kumbotso LG immunises 186,327 children
- VIDEO: How simple treatment for severe bleeding could save lives of mothers in Nigeria —Experts
- NGO empowers 40,000 HIV affected children
- NGO urges establishment of homes for the aged to stem street begging
- FG policy will engender confidence in local produce ―Adewole
- Breaking - Police Arrest Ex-Governor Sule Lamido [Premium Times] The police in Kano have arrested the immediate past governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido.
- Presidency - Nigeria Not Ripe for Same Faith Ticket - Reverend Dangiwa [Leadership] A member of Northern Elders Forum (NEF) and former Youth President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Northern States, Reverend Bitrus Dangiwa has said that Nigeria is not matured and riped for Muslim/Muslim or Christian/Christian ticket for the presidential race.
- Shocking - Man Shoots Another Dead for Blocking His Path [Premium Times] A gunman has shot dead a young man at a car wash centre located along Sam Ewang Estate, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
- Adamawa Assembly Speaker Denies Beating Policeman [Premium Times] The Speaker of Adamawa House of Assembly, Kabiru Mijinyawa, has denied reports that he physically assaulted one of the policemen attached to him who complained over non-payment of allowances.
- Funke Egbemode, Others, Elected Nge Officers [Premium Times] Funke Egbemode, managing director/editor-in-chief, New Telegraph Newspaper has been re-elected as the President of the Nigerian Guild of Editors.
- The Corrupt War Against Corruption (2) [Vanguard] It is undeniable that in the on-going war against corruption, President Muhammadu Buhari is not really eager to beam the searchlight on his loyalists, cronies and rapaciously corrupt politicians who contributed significantly to his electoral victory in 2015, despite the hypocritical prosecution of Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, and suspension of Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, which are red-herrings probably meant to mislead gullible Nigerians that the anti-corruption p
- The United States and Nigeria's Struggling Democracy [AfricaPlus] Richard Joseph -On March 6-8, 2017, a Forum Series on Democracy and Insecurity in Africa took place in Evanston and Chicago, Illinois. The featured speakers were Professor Wale Adebanwi, Ambassador John Campbell, and Professor Attahiru Jega.  At the time of these forums, uncertainty was growing in Nigeria. President Mohammadu Buhari had been away in London on medical leave for several weeks and the nature of his illness remained undisclosed.  The plunge in global oil prices had further depressed the economy, and a m
- NAF Fighter Jets Destroys Insurgents Artillery in Sambisa [Vanguard] Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets on Friday successfully destroyed an artillery piece being sneaked into Sambisa forest by insurgents.
- Nigeria - At Least 30,000 People Forced Out From Slum Housing [Al Jazeera] At least 30,000 people have been forcefully evicted from their slum housing in Nigeria.
- There's No Boko Haram Resurgence, Nigerian Military Assures [Premium Times] Director, Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, briefing Newsmen during a Monthly News Conference on Defence and Security in Abuja on Friday (28/4/17). 02329/28/4/2017/Johnson Udeani/ICE/NAN
- Another Lawmaker Attacked By Irate Mob, House Ransacked [Premium Times] About one week after protesters attacked lawmakers and other public officials at a political event in Katsina, another lawmaker has been attacked.
- What I Will Reveal About Jonathan in My Forthcoming Book - Bola Tinubu [Premium Times] A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, Friday, said he would publish a book detailing how the then incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan was defeated by the opposition APC.
- What Buhari Should Learn From Obasanjo - Soyinka [Premium Times] Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, on Friday urged President Muhammadu Buhari to emulate some of the leadership qualities of one of his predecessors, Olusegun Obasanjo, in tackling the herdsmen menace across the country.
- Outrage Over FG's Appointments and Why Katsina Got 51 DSS Slots [Vanguard] OUTRAGE spread in some parts of the country, yesterday, following revelations of lopsided recruitment into the Department of State Service, DSS reflecting what many Nigerians described as a continuing effort by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration to stamp a northern character on all strands of the federal bureaucracy.
- Nigerian Minister Fayemi 'Ignores' Supreme Court Rulings On Multi-Billion Naira Firm [Premium Times] This week's pledge by the Minister of Mines & Steel Development, Kayode Fayemi, to work with a Russian firm to reactivate the Aluminium Smelting Company of Nigeria, ALSCON, in Ikot-Abasi, is in clear violation of a Supreme Court judgement, PREMIUM TIIMES can report.
- Buhari Absent From Aso Rock Friday Prayer [Daily Trust] President Muhammadu Buhari was not at the State House mosque for yesterday's juma'at service.
- 19 Ships Discharging Petroleum Products, Other Commodities in Lagos [Daily Trust] Nineteen ships are discharging petroleum products and other commodities at Apapa and Tin-Can Island Ports in Lagos, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) said on Friday.
- Mushin Fracas - 15 Gangsters Get 2-Year Jail Term [Daily Trust] Lagos -Fifteen out of the 68 suspected gangsters arrested over the bloody war that occurred at Akala-Idi Oro areas of Mushin, Lagos were yesterday handed a two-year jail term by a Lagos Mobile Court.
- Defence Headquarters Says No 'Resurgence of Insurgency' in North-East [Daily Trust] The Defence Headquarters has reassured Nigerians that there is no "resurgence of insurgency" in the North East, particularly in Borno in spite of pockets of attacks and suicide bombings in the state.
- Lagos Rescues 237 Abandoned Babies in One Year [Guardian] The Lagos State government said it rescued 237 abandoned babies from across the metropolis in the last one year. The Commissioner for Youth and Social Development, Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yussuf, disclosed this yesterday while briefing journalists in Alausa.
- Whistle-Blower Policy - Anti-Graft Unit Recovers N17 Billion [Premium Times] The Acting Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, on Thursday said the introduction of the whistle-blower policy by the federal government has led to the recovery of about N17billion by the commission.
- Economy Would Be Out of Recession By Second Quarter - Central Bank [This Day] The Central Bank of Nigeria has restated that the Nigerian economy would come out of the recession in the second quarter of 2017.
- Why I Am Rarely Seen in Public - President Buhari [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that despite insinuations about his alleged poor health, there is no need for apprehension over recovery.
- NSCDC Sweeps Armed Forces, Security Agencies Half Marathon Championship [Vanguard] THE Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, has won the maiden Armed Forces and Security Agencies Half Marathon Championship 2017.
- World Heavyweight Title Fight - Olufemi Joshua Ready to Rumble With Klitschko [Vanguard] Heavyweights Anthony Olufemi Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko meet tonight in a bout which pits the young and seemingly invincible champion against the ageing and deposed former title-holder.
- DJs Are Richer Than Artistes in Nigeria - - DJ Shabzy [Vanguard] Kiss Daniel's official DJ, popularly known as DJ Shabzy, has declared that DJs are richer than artistes in Nigeria because DJs save more than artistes, who on the other hand spend fortunes off their income to live extravagant lifestyles. DJ Shabzy who is the official DJ to Kiss Daniel and his G-Worldwide label mate, Sugarboy, who launched his debut album titled 'Believe' at an album launch concert which recently held at the Oriental Hotel, Lekki, Lagos, told Showtime in an exclusive chat that unlike DJs wh
- Kidnappers On the Prowl in Sokoto, SSS Warns Residents [Premium Times] The Sokoto State Command of the State Security Service, SSS, has alerted residents of the state on the activities of kidnappers.
- Babachir/Oke - Osinbajo Panel Resumes Sitting [Daily Trust] The presidential panel probing the allegations of violations of law and due process against the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation Babachir Lawal, in the award of contracts under the Presidential Initiative on the North-East resumed work today.
- Church Wants Govt to Build Industries With Recovered Loots [This Day] Umuahia -The Methodist Church of Nigeria, Umuahia Diocese has advised the federal government to make proper use of the funds so far recovered from treasury looters by investing the huge amounts in establishment of industries to create job opportunities for the nation's teeming unemployed youths.
- My Home Is Under Herdsmen Invasion, Soyinka Cries Out [Daily Trust] Renowned playwright and professor, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has disclosed that suspected herdsmen have invaded his residence in Ogun state.
- Mosun Filani’s Husband Kayode Oduoye To Run As Osun State Governor Under PDP Next Year
- See What Lanre Gentry Said About Mercy Aigbe When The Going Was Good
- Photos: Meet Opemititi Ajayi, The Mommy’s Girl Accused Of Sleeping With Mercy Aigbe’s Husband
- Adesua Etomi & Toyin Aimakhu Abraham Take Rivalry Fight To The Stage
- Mercy Aigbe Accused Of Sleeping With Politicians, How Husband Beat Her For Refusing To Cook
- Lanre Gentry Denies Beating Mercy Aigbe, Says Attack Photos From Movie Set
- Juliet Ibrahim Comes Out As Sex Addict In New Video Interview
- Photos: Mercy Aigbe CT Scan Result Reveals Skull Fracture.. Actress To Travel Abroad For Treatment
- Iyabo Ojo, Ogogo, Yinka Quadri, Fathia Balogun In Ilesha For Toyin Kolade’ Mother’ Wake Keep
- Sadiq Daba Faults Onitsha & Enugu Based Filmmakers, Says They Are In It For Money
- My Wife May Edochie Is A Computer Engineer – Pete Edochie’s Last Son, Yul
- Nollywood Actor Leo Mezie Launches Kidney Foundation To Educate Nigerians On Disease
- Uche Elendu: My 7 Year Battle With Endometriosis Was The Most Painful Period Of My Life
- Pope Francis Says US & North Korea Conflict Might Lead To War That Could Wipe Half Of Humanity
- Atheist Sentenced To Death In Saudi Arabia For Insulting Prophet Muhammad
- First Year UNILAG Student Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper Poison Over Shame
- Photo: Photographer Beaten To Death At SARS Office In Dugbe Ibadan
- Folorunsho Alakija’s Foundation Employee Vincent Ayewah Arraigned By EFCC Over N3Million Fraud
- Ijaw Nation Rejects Police Report On Daniel Ikoli’s Death, Says A He Can’t Shoot Himself 3 Times
- Mercy Aigbe Marriage Crashes Over Adultery As Husband Beat & Kicked Her Out Of His Home
- Oba Ademola Ademiluyi, Pastor Taiwo Fakowajo & 4 Others In Prison Over Hausa & Yoruba Clash In Ile Ife
- Delta State Judiciary Staff Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Flat Mate’s Wife In Ughelli
- Kidnappers On The Prowl In Sokoto State – DSS Alerts Residents
- Girl Shot Dead By Stepbrother After She Gave Him A Birthday Hug In Homestead Florida
- Nigerian Man Abandons Sick Wife To Die At Itam Motor Park In Uyo Akwa Ibom State [PHOTOS]
- ISIS-Sponsored Boko Haram Suicide Bombers In Van Loaded With Explosives Crashed Into Military Convoy
- West Africa Mobile Awards Finalists Announced The West Africa Mobile Awards (WAMAS), the West African technology awards which looks to recognise the region’s leading mobile and tech companies, today announced the 2017 shortlisted finalists. With over 150 submissions coming in from across 14 countries the awards looks to build on the success of last year’s WAMAS. 2017 has produced a [&hellip...
- Nigerian Banks urged to undergo digital transformation Nigerian banks were recently met with Signal Alliance and Cisco. In the meeting the two companies showcased just how the banks can improve their operations and security to be more efficient without spending above their budget. Speaking at the Signal...
- NCC warns Nigerian telecoms over illegal spectrum usage The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has given telecoms companies who are illegally using a certain frequency spectrum 14 days to stop or risk facing sanctions. The Commission highlighted that the use of any spectrum by telecoms companies who do not...
- Healthcare companies to improve care plan delivery to patients Med-e-Mass, a developer of management applications for the healthcare industry, has partnered with Datos Health, developer of a Patient-Generated Health Data (PGHD) management solution, to link care plan incentives to a patient’s remote health progress,...
- NMB bank launches online interactive support centre NMB Bank has launched an interactive support centre, while also launching itself onto social media, providing customers with several means of interacting with the bank and obtaining information and assistance online. The bank now has a presence on Facebook,...
- South Africa: Over 1 million township residents to get Wifi VAST Networks, a leading open access Wi-Fi provider, is set to give 1.5 million Gauteng township residents an affordable alternative to access the Internet. Currently in over 2,000 high-density locations in transport hubs, malls, office parks and townships...
- Business Intelligence landscape perception and reality Organisations need to embrace the digital revolution in order to remain relevant and get the opportunities that come with digital transformation. An effective Business Intelligence systems help place the organisation’s processes in perspective while...
- LG unveils 4K OLED range in South Africa LG Electronics on Tuesday unveiled the new LG 4K television range which include LG OLED and Super HUD, both feature active HDR and support for Dolby vision. This rage won 58 awards at this years CES. LG’s 2017 OLED TVs feature a blade-slim design and...
- The importance of optimizing technology for the classroom Microsoft today released its findings from a new education survey of nearly 50 educators in South Africa, in which they expressed the challenges and opportunities in optimizing technology for the classroom as well as the skillsets required to succeed. The...
- Legacy IT still hindering transformation for large companies Dell EMC, earlier this week, released the results of a new study conducted by Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). The study surprisingly revealed that a large portion of senior IT leaders and decision-makers of large companies around the world admitted that...
- Kenya Leads Africa’s Internet Race Having access to the internet provides much needed access to information. This access can have a massive influence on one’s life as it offers access to education, work opportunities or news. It is clear that Africa has not attained the high internet...
- Vodacom wins IoT Company of the Year in Nigeria Vodacom Business Nigeria was announced as the winner of The Internet of Things (IoT) Focused Company and Enterprise Solutions Provider of the Year Awards at the 2017 Beacon of ICT (BoICT) Awards. The 8th edition of the awards saw over 1,952 739 Nigeria...
- Twitter reacts to Safaricom network outage Kenyans who use the Safaricom network were not able to make calls, send messages and use the internet after the telecoms company suffered a network outage that affected the entire country. Customers were not able to send or receive calls or text messages for...
- Somalia’s first taxi hailing app goes live In a bid to provide a better transportation system, tech entrepreneurs from Somalia have launched the country’s first taxi hailing app Waryaa Taxi, much like Uber, it allows customers to book rides from their smartphones. For those who do not have...
- The impact of AI on customer experience At a time when technology is adopted to automate manually driven processes, companies need to avoid the temptation of replacing the human touch entirely. This is especially the case where artificial intelligence (AI) is used to refine the customer experience...
- Nigeria to welcome 4G network after Airtel partners with ZTE Airtel Networks Limited and ZTE have announced a strategic partnership to launch 4G (fourth generation wireless mobile telecommunications technology) in Nigeria. Having beeen the first telecoms operator in the country to complete a successful 4G trial, in...