- Nigeria's kidnapped girls not forgotten - CNN
- Two Bombs Kill About 75 People in Northern Nigeria - Wall Street Journal
- Nigeria Kaduna Bombings: First Bomb Targets Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi; At Least ... - International Business Times
- Missing girls: Nigeria campaigner on presidential visit - BBC News
- Nigeria Seen by McKinsey in World's Top 20 Economies by 2030 - Bloomberg
- 2 Bombs Kill at Least 39 in Kaduna, North Nigeria - ABC News
2 Bombs Kill at Least 39 in Kaduna, North NigeriaABC NewsBomb blasts appearing to target former Nigerian military ruler Muhammadu Buhari and a prominent moderate Muslim cleric killed dozens of people Wednesday, but left both leaders unharmed, according to Nigerian state security. At least 39 other people ...
- Nigeria's Boko Haram blamed for blowing up bridge - BBC News
Nigeria's Boko Haram blamed for blowing up bridgeBBC NewsMilitant Islamists are suspected to have blown up a major bridge in north-eastern Nigeria, disrupting transport links with Cameroon, residents said. Cars and lorries loaded with goods are stranded on the highway unable to cross the Ngala Bridge, they ...
- Nigeria's kidnapped schoolgirls: After 100 days of hell, parents finally meet ... - The Independent
- Nigeria may have no polio cases next year, says Bill Gates - Reuters
- Nigeria's Chibok Under Siege, Parents Killed Before Seeing Kidnapped ... - Huffington Post
- Nigeria may have no polio cases next year, says Bill Gates By Edmund Blair NAIROBI (Reuters) - Nigeria could cut the number of polio cases to zero next year and be declared free of the disease in 2018 even though a national eradication campaign has had to contend with an insurgency in the north, Bill Gates told Reuters. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation supports the global initiative to wipe out polio, which includes a campaign in Nigeria, one of ...
- Nigeria Seen by McKinsey Among World’s Top 20 Economies by 2030 Nigeria has the potential to be one of the world’s top 20 economies by 2030 with a consumer base exceeding the current populations of France and Germany, according to McKinsey & Co.
- Nigeria must boost FX reserves before cutting rates: central bank official By Carolyn Cohn and Angeline Ong LONDON (Reuters) - Nigeria's central bank needs to increase its foreign exchange reserves before conditions would be suitable for a rate cut, and a cut is unlikely before presidential elections next year, one of the bank's deputy governors said on Wednesday. Nigeria's central bank on Tuesday kept rates unchanged at 12 percent, a level unchanged for the last two ...
- 42 dead in Nigeria attacks targeting ex-dictator, cleric Two bombings in a key Nigerian city targeting a prominent cleric and a former head-of-state killed at least 42 people on Wednesday, in the latest violence blamed on Boko Haram Islamists. Officials ordered everyone off the streets and imposed an around-the-clock curfew to restore order in the targeted city of Kaduna, as rescue workers raced to care for the dozens of wounded. Police said the first ...
- 2 bombs kill at least 39 in Kaduna, north Nigeria KADUNA, Nigeria (AP) — Bomb blasts appearing to target former Nigerian military ruler Muhammadu Buhari and a prominent moderate Muslim cleric killed dozens of people Wednesday, but left both leaders unharmed, according to Nigerian state security.
- Cameroon villagers live in terror of Nigeria's Boko Haram In the villages that line the border with Nigeria, even those charged with protecting Cameroonians from Boko Haram fighters fear the fall of darkness. The Nigeria-born Islamist group has stepped up raids into northern Cameroon in recent days, murdering and stealing with impunity despite military efforts to clamp down on their bloody insurgency. On Sunday local police said one of their officers ...
- Suicide bombs in Nigeria's Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari targeted By Garba Muhammed KADUNA Nigeria (Reuters) - At least 82 people were killed on Wednesday in two suicide bombings in the north Nigerian city of Kaduna, one aimed at opposition leader and ex-president Muhammadu Buhari and another at a moderate Muslim cleric about to lead a crowd in prayer. The attacks bore the hallmarks of Islamist militant group Boko Haram, which considers all those who do not ...
- 11 parents of Nigeria's abducted girls die LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — In the three months since Islamic extremists kidnapped more than 200 Nigerian schoolgirls, 11 of their parents have died, town residents say.
- Nigeria school offers hope to children caught in Islamist strife Aisha Abubakar was at home two years ago when Boko Haram Islamists stormed through the door. Children in Nigeria's deeply impoverished north face immense challenges in accessing education, and for the fatherless like 13-year-old Aisha the obstacles are even tougher. With an English textbook spread on a wooden table in a sparsely furnished classroom, Aisha vowed that Boko Haram -- which kidnapped ...
- Nigeria's free-wheeling media fears crackdown over Boko Haram battle By David Dolan and Tim Cocks ABUJA/LAGOS (Reuters) - Nigeria's press is traditionally free to write almost anything about anyone - whether it's true or not. After 15 years of democracy, journalists believe the state is trying to tame the vibrant, prolific media during its faltering campaign to stamp out the militant Islamist group. For Femi Adesina, now editor-in-chief of Nigeria's top tabloid ...
- U.S.-Africa Summit Must Listen to Voices of the People [allAfrica]In a guest column for AllAfrica, E. Gyimah Boadi of Ghana's Center for Democratic Development says the vast majority of Africans who prefer democracy over authoritarian regimes deserve to be heard at the forthcoming U.S.-Africa Summit convened by President Barack Obama.
- Bill Gates Finally Gets His College Degree [Gates Foundation]Bill GatesAddis Ababa University Honorary DegreeJuly 24, 2014
- Students Kidnapped in Ukraine [VOA]A Ukrainian official says negotiations are underway to free nine Nigerian students taken captive by separatists in the eastern city of Luhansk.
- Buhari Escapes Death in Kaduna Bomb Blast [Vanguard]Kaduna -At least 82 persons were killed yesterday, and several others injured in two bomb blasts in Kaduna, targeted at former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and an Islamic cleric, Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi. Both men, however, escaped unhurt.
- A Hundred Days Later and the Chibok Girls Are Still Not Free [African Arguments]Today, 22 July, marks 100 days since the abduction of almost 300 girls by terrorists from their school dormitory in Chibok, North East Nigeria. Since then, some of the girls managed to escape from their abductors. However, most of them remain in captivity with reports of mass rape, sexual abuse, sex slavery and even death.
- Drama As Ministry Staff Block Okonjo-Iweala Over Benefits [Daily Trust]The staff of the Ministry of Finance staged a protest barred yesterday from entering the premises of the ministry by protesting workers demanding for improvements in their benefits.
- Jonathan Appoints Osita Chidoka Aviation Minister [Premium Times]President Goodluck Jonathan has named Osita Chidoka, the former Corps Marshall of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, as new Aviation Minister.
- Job Creation - Presidency Frowns On Excessive Youth Dependence On Government [This Day]The Presidency has frowned on the increasing spate of unemployment in the country amongst youths, which it attributed mainly to over-dependence on government as the sole generator of employment opportunities.
- Chibok - 'Rented' Crowd Fights Over Money [This Day]The allegation that a group of protesters demanding the return of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls are being sponsored may have been confirmed yesterday as some of its members after gathering in Abuja yesterday, engaged in a free-for-all over money they were promised for participating in the protest.
- FRSC to Enforce New Drivers' Licence, Number Plate Aug 1 [Daily Trust]The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) on Tuesday said it would begin enforcement of the new drivers' licence and number plate on Aug. 1.
- Electricity - FG Plans New Sanctions for Bills Defaulters [Vanguard]The Federal Government, yesterday, vowed to mete out severe sanctions to perpetual defaulters in the payment of electricity bills.
- 2015 - Repeat Your 2011 Support for Jonathan, FCT Minister Tells Ndigbo [Vanguard]ABUJA--MINISTER of Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Usman has called on the indigenes of the South East geo-political zone, to ensure that their support for President Goodluck Jonathan's electoral success in 2011, is replicated in 2015, saying that Igbo were key to the President's re-election.
- Insurgents Kill Five in Damboa, Blow Up Nigeria-Cameroon Link Bridge [Vanguard]Maiduguri -Barely three days after the Damboa attacks and killings, suspected Boko Haram gunmen attacked the town again and shot dead five residents before fleeing into the forest in Toyota Hilux vehicles and motorcycles.
- Rescue Chibok Girls or Forget 2015 Elections, Activists Tell FG [Vanguard]Civil rights activists, Nollywood actors, lawyers and lawmakers, yesterday, staged a protest in Lagos calling for the release of the abducted Chibok girls or the Federal Government should forget next year's elections.
- Twin Blasts Kill Over 40 in Kaduna as Buhari Escapes Death [Premium Times]Over 40 people were killed Wednesday as twin bomb explosions ripped through Kaduna State in north-western Nigeria.
- Kaduna Suicide Bombs Kill 85 [Daily Trust]Kaduna -At least 85 people were killed yesterday in two separate bombings in Kaduna targeting former head of state Muhammadu Buhari near a busy motor park and Muslim cleric Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, who was in a long motorcade.
- Irate Workers Shut Down Finance Headquarters [Leadership]Business activities at the Federal Ministry of Finance was yesterday ground to a halt as staff of the ministry downed tools, demanding the immediate removal of the permanent secretary, Mrs Anastasia Nwaobia.
- Housewife Disappears With New Born Baby [Leadership]The police detectives at the Delta State Police Command, are seriously looking for a 44- year- old housewife whose name was given as Patience Nnaemka in Ugbolu community, near Asaba, for allegedly, disappearing into thin air with a new born baby at a private hospital ward in the area.
- Emir Sanusi Breaks Fast With Jonathan At Aso Rock [Leadership]The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, yesterday evening made a surprise appearance at the presidential villa where he observed the break of the Ramadan fast with President Goodluck Jonathan.
- I Was Target of Kaduna Blast - Buhari [Leadership]Former head of state and leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) General Muhammadu Buhari yesterday escaped death by assassination while on his way to Daura, Katsina State.
- Nasarawa Impeachment - Assembly Directs CJ to Set Up Panel [Leadership]Nasarawa State House of Assembly, at its emergency plenary session yesterday, directed the chief judge of the state, Justice Suleiman Dikko, to constitute a seven-man panel to investigate alleged gross misconduct and breach of constitution levelled against Governor Umaru Tanko Al-Makura.
- 100 Days - Ban Ki-Moon Calls for Rescue of Abducted Chibok Girls [Leadership]The United Nations secretary general, Ban Ki-moon has lent his support to the vigils that took place across the globe, to campaign for the immediate release and rescue of the schoolgirls abducted in Chibok 101 days ago.
- Nigeria's Dying Future [Vanguard]OUR governments are immensely proud of their attitude towards Nigeria's future. This attitude is not entirely surprising since governments are completely interested only in the present as it affects them and their cronies. Governments never see the future beyond the next elections.
- Deadly Bomb Blasts Hit Nigeria's Kaduna [Deutsche Welle]Twin bomb blasts in the northern Nigerian city of Kaduna have claimed dozens of lives. The attacks bear the hallmarks of the militant Islamist group Boko Haram.
- 100 Days As Captives of Boko Haram [Deutsche Welle]Three months ago, the northern Nigerian town of Chibok made headline news when Boko Haram abducted nearly 300 schoolgirls. The kidnapping has plunged the government of President Jonathan into crisis.
- Is Boko Haram Really Planning Liberia Attack? Suspect Alarms [FrontPageAfrica]Four months after Mr. Frank Nyekan, the new Director of the Executive Protective Service told the Senate Committee on Security and Intelligence during his confirmation hearing that Liberia is being used as a hide-out for leaders of Nigeria Islamic terrorist group Boko-Haram, an escaped Cameroonian claiming to be a member of the group has reportedly told security officials in Liberia that two naturalized Liberians from Mali, Nigeria are on reconnaissance mission in Liberia to stage a bombing attack on the p
- U.S Embassy Training Nigeria Electoral Officials [VOA]The U.S. Embassy in Nigeria is organizing a series of workshops to train public affairs officers of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to be better able to interact with stakeholders in the run up to next year's general election, according to Nick Dazang, the electoral body's national Deputy Director for Public Affairs.
- Two Governors Face Impeachment Ahead of 2015 Elections [VOA]Lawmakers in a central Nigerian state are vowing to impeach their governor, days after legislators in another state impeached their chief executive. The lawmakers say they are rooting out corruption, but some Nigerians believe the moves have much more to do with politics before next year's presidential election.
- At Last, Sanusi Meets Jonathan [Vanguard]President Goodluck Jonathan right welcoming the Emir of Kano Alhaji Sanusi Lamido to the Presidential Villa When Northern Traditional Rulers Lead by the Sultan of Sokoto Came to Have the Braking of Ramadan Fasting with the President at the State House Abuja, today.
- Will Tobacco Control Bill Be Passed? [This Day]The varying arguments at the recent one-day public hearing on the tobacco control bill may have introduced a new twist to the debate on the bill's passage.
- Golden Jubilee Birthday: Clarion Chukwurah Turns 50 Today
- Nigerian Actress Stephanie Okereke Linus On Hollywood Movie Set [MORE PHOTOS]
- Solomon Akiyesi Buys New Lexus Jeep To Mark Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Sexy Nollywood Actress Angela Okorie Flaunts New Look
- Omoni Oboli’s Husband & Children On Family Vacation In LA [PHOTOS]
- Soji Taiwo Omobanke Says He Likes Women, Debunks Marriage Crash Rumour
- Aluwe, Mr Latin, RMD & Victor Osuagwu Turn Glo Ambassadors
- Bukky Wright’s 2nd Marriage Has Crashed, Husband, Wale Onitiri Sends Her Packing
- Happy Birthday To Doris Simeon; Check Out Her Latest Photos
- Tonto Dikeh Boasts “My House Girl Is Wearing My Gucci Sandals To Exam Hall”
- Stephanie Okereke Acts Maid In Hollywood, American Movie “Boonville Redemption”
- Funke Akindele Promotes Omo Fast Action Detergent In Ipaja Lagos [PHOTOS]
- Aki & Pawpaw, Jide Kosoko & Stephanie Okereke Nominated For Entertainment Express Awards 2014
- Robbery At Anambra State Govt House: 7 Policemen Arrested & Jailed For Sleeping On Duty
- General Buhari Says Hired Killers Attacked His Convoy In Kaduna In Official Press Statement
- Evil Urge For Sex Lands Ebonyi Man In Jail For Defiling Baby Girl
- Boko Haram: Death Toll Of Ramadan Attack In Kaduna Hits 90
- How General Buhari’s Bulletproof Car Saved Him Boko Haram Gunmen Attack In Kaduna
- Photo: Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi, Anti-Boko Haram Preacher Escapes Assassination
- Photos: Boko Haram Attack Buhari’s Convoy In Kaduna, Bodyguards Injured
- Photo: Madonna University Student Killed Father, Chijioke Ezebuiro Arrested In Abia
- Boko Haram Suicide Bombers Attack Kaduna: Buhari & Dahiru Bauchi Escape Death
- High Tension Wire Fell On Houses In Ejigbo Lagos, Man Electrocuted, 15 Houses Destroyed
- Eiye Cultist Arrested For Robbery At Hairdressing Salon In Festac, Lagos
- Ritualists Shrine Found In Forest Near Ife Ibadan Expressway In Osun State
- Husband Killed Wife In Ogun State: Mother Of 8 Stabbed To Death With Broken Bottle
- Zenith Bank records N174.6b gross earnings, N46b half year profit ZENITH Bank Plc has posted gross earnings of N174.6 billion for the half-year ended June 30, 2014, [Thursday, 24 July 2014 05:11]
- FEC okays N13.53 billion loan from Japan • Approves new water master plan, pay tributes to Lukman THE Federal Executive Council (FEC) [Thursday, 24 July 2014 05:04]
- Akinwusi, Akinbade condemn inducing voters with foodstuffs, others THE governorship candidates of Social Democratic Party (SDP) in Osun State, Mr. Olusegun Akinwusi [Thursday, 24 July 2014 04:57]
- Association states modalities for peaceful, transparent conduct of election THE Osun Development Association (ODA) has presented modalities for peaceful and transparent [Thursday, 24 July 2014 04:49]
- INEC gives Aug. 4 as deadline for distribution of PVCs THE Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Osun State has set August 4 as deadline [Thursday, 24 July 2014 04:44]
- CRCN urges Christians to defend selves against attacks • Monarch tasks police, DSS on security in Plateau THE need for Christians, especially those in [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 22:54]
- Stakeholders laud Reps over tobacco control bill STAKEHOLDERS have commended the House of Representatives for its recent public hearing on the [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 22:50]
- APC, Daniel differ over governance of Ogun THE All Progressives Congress (APC), Ogun State chapter, has advised former governor, Gbenga [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 22:34]
- Govt names Chidoka Aviation Minister • Obi urges him to be good ambassador of Anambra PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday named the [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 22:27]
- Fashola sets up panel to probe death of soldier, burning of BRT buses LAGOS State Governor Babatunde Fashola yesterday constituted a three-man tribunal of inquiry to [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 22:23]
- Non-oil earnings rise, aggregate forex inflow falls FROM the Economic Report for May by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), indications emerged that [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 21:25]
- Lagos 2014 budget records 86% half year performance LAGOS State as recorded a cumulative mid-year budget performance of 86 per cent, despite a big [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 21:23]
- Computer professionals task FG on CCTV installations amid security challenge COMPUTER professionals under the aegis of Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) has called on the Federal [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 21:19]
- Ex-ANAN chief urges FRC to check foreign auditors A former President of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), Dr. Samuel [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 21:16]
- Govt, industrialists dialogue on non-tariff barriers to trade IN readiness for new bilateral agreements between Nigeria and other trade partners as well as [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 21:12]
- RMRDC to bridge gap between manufacturers, raw material suppliers •Raises concern over inadequate supply, importation POISED to address the lingering issue of [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 21:10]
- ABCON proposes 40-week recapitalisation period as deadline approaches WITH eight days left before the recapitalisation window closes against unsuccessful Bureau De [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 21:07]
- Angola plans to close oil output gap with Nigeria under Enis project ANGOLA, Africa’s second-largest crude oil producer, has upgraded a production vessel for new [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 20:56]
- Boeing posts impressive Q2 returns, raises outlook U.S. aerospace and defence giant, Boeing, reported Wednesday strong second-quarter earnings lifted [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 13:13]
- Federal Budget Office warns against pay rise for doctors, others THE Federal Government may not accede to any request for workers’ pay rise soon, going by the [Tuesday, 22 July 2014 21:28]
- World Bank affirms brighter economic outlook for Nigeria ‘Macroeconomic risks persist due to fundamental uncertainties’ NIGERIA'S short term macroeconomic [Tuesday, 22 July 2014 21:27]
- NERC mulls reversal of fixed charge policy THE Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), said it might reverse the order on [Tuesday, 22 July 2014 21:25]
- Marketers worry over outstanding N190b fuel subsidy payment PETROLEUM products importers in the country have raised concerns over the outstanding payment of [Tuesday, 22 July 2014 21:23]
- Team Nigeria in bad start, as five athletes flop • Olubodun out in 100m, Abdullahi fails in hurdles, Brume crashes in long jump NIGERIA’S [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 22:09]
- NFF may decide Keshis fate today IF the meeting of the executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) held at [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 21:58]
- English athletes flight in emergency landing A flight with England divers including Tom Daley on board almost had to make an emergency landing [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 20:43]
- Opara, Tanimowo lead Team Nigerias medal chase *As Weightlifting event begins today TEAM Nigeria’s medal chase in the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 20:38]
- 530 teams for season seven of MTN Lagos Street Soccer Championship OVER 530 teams across Lagos State beat the registration deadline for the season seven (7) of the [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 20:34]
- Airtel Rising Stars Season Four begins TELECOMMUNICATIONS Services provider, Airtel Nigeria, yesterday announced the commencement of the [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 20:32]
- Oshoala leads 20 other Falconets to Moncton SUPER Falcons’ star, Asisat Oshoala, is among the 21 junior women football stars named in the [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 20:28]
- Warri Wolves mourn coach Temile, as team axe lazy players • Suspended Delta Queens’ coach ‘lobby’ to return PLAYERS and officials of Warri Wolves are [Wednesday, 23 July 2014 20:24]
- NFF crisis: Minister calls off meeting with Federation board MINISTER of Sports/Chairman of the National Sports Commission (NSC), Tammy Danagogo, has called [Tuesday, 22 July 2014 21:39]
- I have the presidents mandate to reform Nigerian football, says Danagogo SPORTS Minister/Chairman of the National Sports Commission (NSC), Dr. Tammy Danagogo, Tuesday [Tuesday, 22 July 2014 21:38]
- Team Nigeria awaits kits, equipment as Commonwealth Games begins THIS is not the best of time for Team Nigeria as the athletes are still awaiting the arrival of [Tuesday, 22 July 2014 21:35]
- StarTimes unveils new sports channel SATELLITE television outfit, StarTimes, has unveiled a new channel, Star Sport 2, which, according [Tuesday, 22 July 2014 21:34]
News Sudan ‘apostasy’ woman flies to Italy A Sudanese woman who was spared a death sentence for renouncing Islam has flown to Italy after more than a month in the US embassy in Khartoum. Meriam Yahia Ibrahim Ishag and her family flew on an Italian government plane, accompanied by Italian minister Lapo Pistelli. Her father is Muslim so according to Sudan’s version
Hamas rejects Gaza truce unless blockade ends Hamas has rejected a ceasefire to end the 16-day offensive against Gaza unless Israel ends its blockade of the strip, its leader Khaled Meshaal has said. “We reject today … and will reject in the future” a ceasefire before negotiations on Hamas’ demands, which include lifting years of blockade against the Palestinian enclave, Meshaal told
Norway warned of imminent security threat Norway’s intelligence service says it has been warned of an imminent “concrete threat” against the nation from people with links to fighters in Syria. Benedicte Bjoernland, the head of Norwegian security service PST, said on Thursday the agency had received “reliable information” from a foreign partner about some kind of attack “within days”. Bjoernland said
11 children killed in India rail accident A passenger train has crashed into a school bus in southern India, killing at least 11 children, with fears the death toll could rise further, officials say. A senior police officer said “11 students and the bus driver were killed”, while a railway official said he feared as many as 25 children were dead after
CAR armed factions sign ceasefire pact Representatives of the majority-Muslim Seleka have signed a ceasefire agreement with Christian factions to end fighting in the Central African Republic. The signing of the pact on Wednesday in Brazzaville, the capital of neighboring Republic of Congo, came after heavy pressure from regional mediators, aims to put an end to months of sectarian violence. It is not clear
India doctors remove 232 teeth from boy’s mouth Doctors in India have extracted 232 teeth from the mouth of a 17-year-old boy in a seven-hour operation. Ashik Gavai was brought in with a swelling in his right jaw, Dr Sunanda Dhiware, head of Mumbai’s JJ Hospital’s dental department, told the BBC. The teenager had been suffering for 18 months and travelled to the
UK investigators to examine MH17 flight data UK investigators are to start examining the flight data recorder from the downed Malaysia Airlines plane. The Air Accidents Investigation Branch in Farnborough will start the process almost a week after the plane crashed in eastern Ukraine. Whitehall sources, meanwhile, say information shows some evidence was tampered with at the crash site. The sources said
CAR factions announce ceasefire Rival armed groups in the Central African Republic have signed a ceasefire agreement aimed at ending over a year of religious conflict. The agreement was signed in Congo between Muslim Seleka rebels and the Christian anti-Balaka militia. As part of the deal, the Seleka dropped their demand for CAR’s partition. Thousands of people have been
Workers protest paralyses activities at Finance ministry Business activities were on Wednesday paralyzed at the headquarters of the Federal Ministry of Finance in Abuja. For the whole of the day, the ministrys business activities were grounded by workers over what they described as poor welfare conditions. Our correspondent, who witnessed the protest, reported that the workers barricaded the gate of the ministry
Nyako left N12.8bn debt, says Fintiri The Acting Governor of Adamawa State, Alhaji Ahmadu Fintiri, says the administration of ex-governor Murtala Nyako left behind a debt of about N12.8bn without any infrastructure to show for it. Fintiri stated this when former members of the Adamawa State House of Assembly, led by Ambassador James Barka, paid him a congratulatory visit at the
We have capacity to win Boko Haram war – FG The Federal Government on Wednesday declared that it has the will, the resources and the strategies to win the war against Boko Haram and terrorism in the country. This was stated by the Minister of State, Federal Capital Territory, Olajumoke Akinjide, who delivered a message on behalf of the government to the women and youths
Nyako: EFCC grills Adawama ex-SSG, finance director Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, on Wednesday, quizzed the former Secretary to the Adamawa State Government, Mr. Kobeis Aris, and a Director in charge of Finance in the state Government House (names withheld). It was learnt that the former SSG and the Director of Finance, Government House, were at the headquarters of
- Perago inks mPOS payments deal for Africa Perago has signed an agreement with Swish Payments to support its new m-commerce initiative in Africa and Europe. Through SIA’s technology infrastructure, Perago will enable the Swish solution that utilises a mobile app and card reader (both chip and magnetic stripe card) to effectively convert a merchant’s smartphone or tablet into a POS (Point of ...
- MTN launches MTN Pulse MTN has launched MTN Pulse, an exciting prepaid price plan aimed at the youth market, that enables customers who are subscribed on the plan to call each other at 29 cents a minute. The first 60 seconds of the day first call on the day is charged at 79c/min,...
- Bata to sell on Jumia Kenya Bata, a Kenyan footwear manufacturer and retailer, has made the move to sell its products online on Jumia’s Kenya marketplace. The company has chosen to list on the marketplace due to its popularity in order to increase sales and revenue. The Jumia...
- Nigeria: Ex-Rocket Internet employees launch dating site A new dating site has gone live in Nigeria. Linda.com.ng was launched by two former employees of Rocket Internet in Africa. According to the dating site, the website is intended to be Nigeria’s very own Match.com. The Founders ran a beta version of the...
- Airtel praised over Touching Lives Initiative The Lagos State Deputy Governor, Princess Adejoke Adefulire-Orelope, Wife of Lagos State Governor, Dame Abimbola Fashola and former commissioner of Environment, Dr. Muiz Banire have commended Airtel Nigeria, over its corporate compassion programmes in...
- Nigeria: Discovery Air partners with Jovago Jovago has signed a white label partnership with one of Nigeria’s domestic carriers, Discovery Air in order to provide more accessible hotel booking services to Nigerians. This partnership with Discovery Air will ensure that Nigerians visiting the Discovery...
- Innovation Drives Development: SA must develop & manufacture PCs South Africa is a great opportunity for growth and for a scientist to have a tangible impact on society. This is some of the reasons that have brought Australian-born particle physicist, Associate Professor Bruce Mellado, to South Africa and to the School of...
- SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa SES and service provider Computer Warehouse Group have unveiled the launch of a new digital TV platform that is aimed at West African audiences. The TV platform in Nigeria will be the country’s first free-to-air (FTA) DTH digital TV platform and provide the...
- Road Buddy app aims to make SA roads safer Millions of apps are created on a month-to-month basis; however, not many of those apps are aimed at making South African and international roads safer. The Road Buddy app essentially works by transmitting warning signals from vulnerable road users such as...
- Nigeria: Google’s Executive Breakfast Forum ropes in 80 execs Google’s upcoming Executive Breakfast Forum, which will be held in Lagos on 24 July, is expected to rope in eighty chief executive officers as well as top business executives. The Google Executive Breakfast Forum has been put together by Google Nigeria...
- Osun election’ll witness heavy security presence -Jega Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Attahiru Jega, yesterday said that the August 9, gubernatorial election in Osun State would be conducted under tight security. Jega who made… ...
- Eid-el-fi tri: FG declares July 28, 29 public holidays The Federal Government has declared Monday, 28 and Tuesday 29 public holidays to mark this year’s Eid-el-fitri celebration. The declaration of the public holidays was contained in a statement issued… ...
- We’ll win war against terrorists –FG Apparently undeterred by the growing wave of terror attacks in some parts of the country, the Federal Government has declared that it has the will-power, resources and strategies to win… ...
- Nasarawa police nabs 30 suspected robbers The Nasarawa State Police Command yesterday paraded 30 armed robbery suspects arrested in the past three weeks by its Special Anti- Robbery Squad, SARS. The state Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim… ...
- DSS arrests 4 over kidnap, death of school proprietress The Federal Capital Territory, FCT Command of the Department of State Security, DSS, has arrested four suspected kidnappers over the alleged kidnapping and murder one Mrs. Edith Chinedu at Gwagwalada.… ...
- Bureau lauds Osun’s agric programme Osun Rural Enterprise and Agricultural Programme ,OREAP, has been described as one of the most successful and laudable development and wealth creation programmes of the Rauf Aregbesola administration. This was… ...
- Confusion as Air Force seals shops at Lagos airport There was confusion at the departure halls of the international wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, MMA, Lagos yesterday as men of the Nigeria Air Force (NAF) led by the… ...
- Muslims, Christians not fighting over Hijab in Iwo —Group A group in Osun State, Assembly of Muslim Organisations, also known as “Isokan Musulumi,” has dismissed the notion that Muslims and Christians in Iwo, the headquarters of Iwo local government… ...
- Robbers write community on imminent attack Residents of Elerinko Estate in Ijoko – Ota in Ado-Odo/Ota local government area of Ogun State yesterday appealed to the state police command to step up security in the area… ...
- Police empowers 45 widows, 13 orphans Ogun State police command has assured it will continue to provide necessary assistance to widows and children of officers whose breadwinners died in active service. The Commissioner of Police, Ikemefuna… ...
‘Why Nigerians should vote for Jonathan in 2015’
Despite the challenges, facing the present administration under President Goodluck Jonathan, many believe that he… ...Confusion in Ibadan over rumoured impeachment notice on Ajimobi
There was confusion in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital yesterday when news spread that Governor… ...Group kicks against militarisation of Osun
A political caucus within the All Progressives Congress (APC), New Lagos Movement (NLM, has kicked… ...Amosun, Daniel trade words over criticisms
Former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, has described the administration of his successor,… ...…Face your case with EFCC, Ogun APC tells Daniel
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ogun State has advised the former governor Gbenga Daniel… ...Adamawa guber: Delegates root for Marwa
Former military administrator of Lagos State and governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Adamawa State, Brigadier General Mohammed Marwa (retd), was yesterday assured the ticket of the party in the next governorship election in the state by the 335 delegates of the party in Adamawa Central Senatorial District. ...Vote APC, Adeleke urges Osun people
Former governor of Osun State, Senator Isiaka Adeleke, has urged electorate in the state to vote Governor Rauf Aregbesola for second term in the August 9 governorship election. ...INEC commissioner arrives state
A National Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Ambassador Ahmed Wali, yesterday arrived Osun State for the supervision of the August 9 governorship election. ...Osun guber: Aregbesola dares police
For the second time in a space of one month, Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has dared the police and other security operatives in the country, saying he is not afraid of being arrested. ...Umeh’s aide cautions Okorocha’s media assistant
Special Assistant (Media) to the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Victor Umeh, Mr. Stan Okeke, has cautioned Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo, Senior Special Assistant to the Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, to choose his words carefully when addressing his superiors, particularly Chief Umeh. ...Impeachment: Nasarawa lawmaker attacked
For an attempt to snatch the mace, a member of Nasarawa State House of Assembly,… ...100 days of Chibok abduction: Uduaghan cautions against provocative comments
Delta State Governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan, yesterday called for prayers against drumbeats of war in the… ...FG approves $82m loan from Japan to fight polio
• Launches new water masterplan The Federal Executive Council (FEC) presided by President Goodluck Jonathan… ...NAF chopper crash: One more body recovered
…As military declares third crew member missing in action The Defence Headquarters (DHQ), yesterday said… ...Tears as little Mary finally dies
After six years of pain and expensive four-week treatment in Indian hospital, 11-year-old girl with… ...Breaking News: Explosions leave many dead in Kaduna
(KADUNA CITY) Twin explosions in northern Nigerian city of Kaduna have left scores dead. The… ...Kalu in Forbes Magazine: The Nigerian millionaire who wants to negotiate with Boko Haram
When Orji Uzor Kalu, jet-setting Nigerian businessman and controversial politician is in Abuja, he usually spends most of his time at his sprawling mansion, which is located a few minutes’ drive away from the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, the official residence of Nigeria’s President. ...Life Changers lifts Muslims at Ramadan
A Non governmental Organisation (NGO), The Life Changers Group, has put smiles on the faces of Muslims by donating food items to assist them during this Ramadan. ...Dutse varsity assures non-natives on admission, employment
The Federal University Dutse (FUD) has promised to grant certain percentages of both student admissions and staff vacancies to non-natives of its located state. ...2 die as Customs, smugglers clash in Ilorin
Two people were killed yesterday in Ilorin, when men of the Nigeria Customs Service and smugglers engaged in a gun duel.Daily Sun investigations revealed that the Customs men were on the trail of a vehicle suspected to be conveying smuggled cosmetic products into the city, ...Opportunities in interior décor immense, rewarding –Onuoha, Canon Continental boss
What makes a building thick is not only in the outward beauty and architectural design.… ...Electricity: Jonathan orders direct debit of indebted MDAs, military formations
President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the deduction of electricity debts owed by government agencies and… ...N2.7bn fake phones: Pointek to close gaps in Nigeria’s IT market
Sequel to the influx of about one million fake phones valued at N2.7 billion and… ...Zenith nets N58bn in 6 months
Zenith Bank Plc yesterday announced a profit before tax of N57.85 billion for the six… ...Fashola opens access roads to decongest Apapa traffic
The Lagos State Government has commenced the construction of about eight access roads within Apapa Local Government Area to help divert motorists using the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway from the traffic gridlock on the road. ...World Bank hails Nigeria’s half-yr economic performance
World Bank has said that Nigeria’s short-term macroeconomic outlook improved in the first half of 2014 relative to 2013.
This is contained in the bank’s new Nigeria Economic Report (NER) launched yesterday in Abuja. ...N190.56bn subsidy claim: Oil marketers warn on impending fuel scarcity
The Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria (MOMAN) yesterday warned the Federal Government to prevent another round of fuel scarcity by ensuring that the backlog of about N190.56 billion in subsidy claims were cleared immediately. ...FG plans to restructure electricity management agencies for efficiency
Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, has disclosed plans to bring key agencies and companies with responsibilities over power supply and equipment management under one roof to ensure efficiency and quality electricity supply. ...Dangote donates N30bn in 2yrs
Africa’s richest person and the continent’s top donor, Aliko Dangote, has announced that he is upping his philanthropic works across the continent, starting from his home country Nigeria. ...CBN retains MPR, CRR at 12%, 75%
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), yesterday retained the Monetary Policy Rate (MPR) at 12 per cent with a corridor of +/-200 basis points around the midpoint. ...Sally Mbanefo to flag-off Crystal Awards
•Kefee to get post humous award The Director General of the Nigeria Tourism Development Corporation… ...Entertainment Express to honour Apkabio, Adenuga
All is set for the third edition of Entertainment Express’ Anniversary Bash and Awards Nite,… ...We promote Nigerian talents across Africa–John Ugbe, CEO, Multichoice Nigeria
On Tuesday June 24, MultiChoice Africa; the leading pan-African Pay-TV entertainment destination, gathered talents across… ...My favourite leader is OBJ –Mary Ann Iwuchukwu
Favorite File encountered MaryAnn Iwuchukwu in a cool mood at an event recently. She was… ...Naomi Daniel drops singles
Naomi Daniel, a UK-based Nigerian gospel and praise worship minister, songwriter and composer, has released … ...Aguleri royal fathers pledge support for GUS
Traditional rulers in Aguleri Kingdoms of Anambra State, host community for this year’s edition of Gulder… ...Half Of A Yellow Sun hits cinemas August 1
After a protracted wait, movie buffs are in for a swell time as Half of… ...Beauty queens for ABPON National Peace Conference
Efforts geared towards promoting peace, security, unity and sustainable development in Nigeria have received a… ...Women inspire me–Jide Chord
After a long and eventful sojourn in the UK, juju king, Jide Akinwunmi aka Jide… ...Ruth Kadiri unveils Matters Arising
Actress turned movie maker, Ruth Kadiri, has completed work on her new movie entitled Matters Arising,… ...
- Nigeria sets sights on reducing N125bn fish import bill - In a bid to reduce the N125.38 billion annual fish import bill, the Federal Government, through the ministry of agriculture, has mapped out strategies that will guarantee the growth of local fish varieties, boostemployment, income, and foreign exchange earnings to encourage value-adding industries. Information from Federal Department of Fisheries revealed that an aquaculture and artisanal fisheries value chain
- Oasis Insurance 2Q profit surges 318.5 percent on reduced costs - The Oasis insurance Nigeria Plc, the Nigeria underwriter is on a growth trajectory as half year profit surged 318.5 percent fuelled by reduction in costs, analysis of financial statement reveals. For the year first half year through June 2014, Oasis Insurance’s gross premium rose by 18 percent to N998.54 million from N846.14 million in the
- Olam’s investment in Nigeria hits N18bn - Ongoing efforts by the Federal Government towards attaining self sufficient in rice production gained a boost as Olam Nigeria raised its stake in rice production to 36,000 metric tonnes per annum. The move to attain the feat, was further reinforced as President Goodluck Jonathan commissioned Olam’s state-of-art rice mill in Nasarawa state recently. The integrated
- Delivering competitiveness is what CSNC brings to the table, says Mbama - Ethelbert Chinagorom Mbama is the MD/CEO, Circuit Systems Network Communications (CSNC) Limited, that is primarily involved in the delivery of IT services and solutions. The Cisco Certified Network Associate and member, Institute of Directors (IoD) in this interview with DON OKERE explains how most of their solutions are centered on solutions that will help financial industries achieve
- Sovereign Trust Q1 2014 gross premium written surges 21 percent - Sovereign Trust Plc, the Nigeria insurer’s gross premium written surged 21 percent buoyed by savvy management of financial resources by the board of directors. For the first three months of the year, the Nigeria insurer’s gross premium written surged by 21 percent to N2.93 billion from N2.31 billion the same period of the corresponding year
- South Africa audit firm SNG expanding into 14 African countries - SizweNtsalubaGobodo (Pty) Ltd., South Africa’s largest black-owned auditing and accounting practice, said it’s working on deals across 14 countries as it seeks to become one of Africa’s biggest such firms. The firm is expanding into countries including Ghana, Nigeria and Kenya. “The process is ongoing and is estimated to be completed by the end of
- Forex time unviels trading demo contest - A new Trading Cup demo contest being run by international forex broker Forex Time (FXTM) has been unveiled. The demo contest is a way for traders, regardless of their experience, to refine their skills and trading strategies under real market conditions. By participating in this risk-free competition from Forex Time, traders also get the thrill
- Interactive Alliance advocates standardization of call centre’s in Nigeria to boost employment - Christopher Bell, Interactive Intelligence’s Channel Manager for Africa, has recently called for the creation of a call centre association for Nigeria and other African countries as a way of promoting a standard for call centres to boost growth and employment. He mentions that such associations have already been set up in Zambia and Zimbabwe, and
- Ford ‘Go Further’ unfolds African vision in Sandton - Pretoria-based Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa (FMCSA) showed off four new models that are destined for African shores, and detailed its future plans for the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region at its first African ‘Go Further’ event held at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg recently. ‘Go Further’ is Ford’s brand promise and the name
- Nigerian cement firms to double output by 2020 to 43m tons - Nigeria’s cement industry will continue its growth spurt into 2020, as investment in capacity continues in response to rapid increase in consumption in a stable-to-strong pricing environment, says investment firm, Renaissance Capital. “The Nigerian cement market continues to grow strongly, with volumes at the end of FY13 reaching just under 22m tpa, representing a 9.6
- Tension as NFF exco meets THERE is palpable tension in the Glass House, the seat of football administration in the country as the Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation meets today in Abuja. [July 24, 2014]
- 2014 Federation Cup: Enyimba beat Sharks FC to book semi-finals place Defending champions Enyimba International Football Club of Aba on Wednesday in Abuja defeated Sharks FC of Port Harcourt 2-0 in the quarter-finals of the 2014 Federation Cup. [July 24, 2014]
- Dedevbo lists Oshoala, 20 others for Canada 2014 HEAD Coach, Peter Dedevbo has released his final list of 21 players for this year’s FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup finals, including Super Falcons’ ace Asisat Oshoala and former U-17 stars Patience Okaeme, Halimatu Ayinde, Jiroro Idike, Uchenna Kanu and Yetunde Adeboyejo. [July 24, 2014]
- C’wealth Games: Govt promises N1m for each gold medal Elegbeleye’s meeting with the athletes, was perhaps, the tonic the athletes needed to be in a competitive mood for the Games. Reports from the camp suggested that the country’s representatives were just a despairing bunch, after they were left without kits and any motivation. [July 24, 2014]
- Keshi still in limbo Nigeria head coach, Stephen Keshi, has said that he has not been contacted by the country’s football federation, the NFF, on staying in his role. [July 23, 2014]
- Usman to lead Team Nigeria out Team Nigeria will to night join other Commonwealth countries to celebrate the start of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. [July 23, 2014]
- Opening Ceremony to attract 1.5 billion viewers The Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony, which is due to begin at Celtic Park at 8pm today, will potentially have a global audience of 1.5 billion, according to Glasgow 2014 organisers – and it will certainly have more than a dollop of local flavour, and “a distinctly Glaswegian accent”. [July 23, 2014]
- My mandate is to end football crisis – Danagogo Minister and Chairman of the National Sports Commission (NSC) Dr. Tamuno Danagogo has revealed that he has a presidential mandate to ensure an end to the incessant crisis that has been rocking Nigerian football in recent years. [July 22, 2014]
- Echiejile sets sight on Russia 2016 Nigeria international de-fender, Elderson Echiejile has revealed that missing out on the 2014 FIFA World Cup “was a very sad time for me” but insists he will bounce back to play at the 2018 World Cup if the Super Eagles make it to Russia. [July 22, 2014]
- Brazil appoint Dunga as Scolari successor The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) on Tuesday appointed Dunga as coach, replacing Luiz Felipe Scolari, whose contract was not renewed after the hosts’ World Cup semi-final thrashing by Germany. [July 22, 2014]
- Real Madrid sign Golden Boot Rodriguez Real Madrid on Tuesday signed Colombian striker James Rodriguez, the top scorer at the World Cup, from Monaco on a six season contract. [July 22, 2014]
- Team Nigeria in big C’wealth Games disgrace Nigeria’s participation at he Commonwealth Games, opening tomorrow in Glasgow is heading for catastrophe following the decision of the Ministry of Sports and National Sports Commission to starve sports federations officials and the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) of funds to prosecute a successful outing at the Games. [July 22, 2014]
- Enyeama: I’ve not quit Eagles SUPER Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama has said that he has not yet called time on his distinguished international career. [July 22, 2014]
- Anichebe tips Ideye to shine at West Brom SUPER Eagles forward Victor Anichebe believes Brown Ideye will be a big hit at West Bromwich Albion, but will need time to adapt to the Premier League. [July 22, 2014]
- Musa’s wonder goal among World Cup best Ahmed Musa’s opening goal against Argentina has been named one of the best goals scored at the 2014 FIFA World Cup. [July 21, 2014]
- Pre-season tour: Chelsea finally drop Mikel Sunset appears to have set for Chelsea’s midfielder John Obi Mikel following the decision of the London giants to drop the Nigerian from their pre-season European playing tour. [July 21, 2014]
- IAAF ratifies 3 new world records The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) on Monday in Monaco said it has recently ratified three world records set in the U.S. and Jamaica earlier this year. [July 21, 2014]
- Kenyan CAN hopes suffer setback Kenyan hopes of a first Africa Cup of Nations appearance in 11 years suffered a setback Sunday when they lost a qualifier 1-0 in Lesotho. [July 21, 2014]
- Qatar to organize 43 sports events in 2014/15 ahead 2022 World Cup As they continue to prepare for the hosting of the biggest soccer tournament in the world, the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the Qatar Olympic Committee (QOC) has said said it plans to host an annual calendar for competition events, activities and championships to be hosted in a nation during both informal and general levels during a duration from 01/04/2014 to 31/03/2015. [July 21, 2014]
- Chukwu to Keshi: Go for better pay Former Nigeria’s coach and a member of the technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation, Christian Chukwu has said that he was in support of the decision by Coach Stephen Keshi to take up new challenges after leading the Super Eagles to the second round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. [July 21, 2014]
- NFF ready to lift ban on Baribote, Ogunjobi, others In line with the agreement reached before Mrs Baribote agreed to withdraw the case against the Nigeria Football Federation at a Jos High Court, the Aminu Maigari-led board has commenced fence-mending measures aimed at achieving a permanent truce at the Glass House. [July 21, 2014]
- Glasgow Shame: Nigerian athletes in tatters Nigerian athletes to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland are the poorest dressed among the delegations that will contest for sporting honours when the events begin on Wednesday. [July 21, 2014]
- Ministry commends Adamu The Ministry of Sports and the National Sports Commission have commended former CAF and FIFA Executive Committee member, Dr Amos Adamu for what it termed his exemplary leadership quality, particularly, his role in resolving the NFF-FIFA crisis. [July 20, 2014]
- Germany players damage World Cup trophy IT was Sergio Ramos who dropped the Coppa del Rey while celebrating Real Madrid’s victory in the Spanish cup. A bus then drove over the trophy. Germany have managed something even more embarrassing. [July 20, 2014]
- Uduaghan to commission Warri Swimming Pool Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan will tomorrow in Warri commission a magnificent Olympic Size swimming pool in Warri. [July 20, 2014]
- Mourinho sends Omeruo back to Middlesbrough Chelsea gaffer, Jose Mourinho has ordered Super Eagles star Kenneth Omeruo to return to championship side Middlesbrough on loan for another season. [July 20, 2014]
- Minister, club owners meet on way forward for Nigerian football The Minister of Sports, Tammy Danagogo, will on Tuesday meet with the Representatives of the 20 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) clubs over football development in the country. [July 20, 2014]
- Foreign players abandon Ukraine clubs At least seven foreign players for two top Ukrainian football teams have refused to return to the country as tensions mount after the Malaysia Airlines crash, media reported Sunday. [July 20, 2014]
- Maigari’s NFF board: ‘Not yet uhuru’ World soccer governing body, FIFA might have saved the Aminu Maigari led board from the dustbin of infamy, but the power brokers who wanted to force a change are back to drawing board to reconstruct how to ouster Maigari and his co travelers. [July 20, 2014]
- 2015 Nations Cup: Qualification battle begins After the the hostilities of the Brazil 2014 World Cup, African nations have returned to the turf to battle for qualification ahead of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations to be hosted by Morocco. [July 19, 2014]
- Brazil eye Dunga as Scolari successor Brazil could appoint former coach Dunga to replace Luiz Felipe Scolari as national team boss, media reports indicated Saturday, despite ex-Corinthians coach Tite being considered the long time favourite. [July 19, 2014]
- NEIFA holds convention today The Nigerian Ex-International Footballers Association, (NEIFA will hold its inaugural convention today in Raleigh, North Carolina. [July 19, 2014]